UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #26
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
The way I see it: You can evolve a Pokemon once you have necessary evolution conditions. Most of them (items/moves/levels/etc) you can obtain, and then are free to evolve the Pokemon whenever/wherever you want, be it during an adventure or in your Base, or even in the TO thread.

The evolution zones gives you the necessary conditions in the cases where you can't obtain them in your regular playing of FBs. In this case, that's more or less all special location based. I feel like time and weather based should be allowed to happen in zone adventures where the right condition appears (rain for Sligoo to evolve, for instance). The conditions aren't some special thing that requires a specific rain only found in certain places or anything like that. If you aren't allowed to say that it is nighttime at your base to evolve your Eevee, then I'm not opposed to having the option to do so here, as long as the option exists in regular zones as well. I can see some use for a place you can go for the express purpose of quickly evolving your Pokemon if you don't see a way to do so in your zone adventure/don't want to try and shoehorn it in. There's no reason for it to exist in the Evolution Zone if you can just do so in your base/free RPs, though.

I would like to purpose something in regards to the two Pokemon that evolve by having certain things in your party (Mantyke and Pancham). Mantyke is already listed, but Pancham also requires a Pokemon in you party to evolve (in this case, a Dark type). There's discussion of being able to bring your own Remoraid if you own one. In this case, I feel that if you already have all of the 'conditions' to evolve a Pokemon, the Evolution Zone isn't really necessary. So I'd say: Allow people to evolve Mantyke and Pancham like any other Pokemon they have all of the necessary evolution conditions for. If they have another Dark type/a Remoraid, they can just evolve them in Free RP/other zones/etc as they see fit. For the people that don't have those Pokemon, they can come here to meet the 'evolution conditions' without having to obtain the certain Pokemon. It gives people the option to use this zone so they don't have to obtain a Pokemon they don't want, but doesn't force them to come here to evolve them if they already have everything they need.
I agree with pretty much everything you've said. The dark type Pokemon thing is vague enough I don't think I need to add it, but I could change the wording that you can just catch Remoraid in the pond and evolve wherever you'd like, or right there if you'd like. The zones in general could just be restricted to Glaceon, Leafeon, and the Pokemon that need the electric rock.

Unfortunately I don't know if there's an actual work-around for these Pokemon, but if anyone had ideas I'd love to hear them. Specifically because I want a gosh dang Glaceon.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:32 AM   #27
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
(BTW, you forgot Inkay, Pancham and Burmy)

Right-o, so adding my two cents to this topics.

I’m personally not in favour of having more niche zones than necessary. Adding evolution items, while nice at first, seems unnecessary now that we have Incognito Isle.

As for the need of an Evolution Zone; it really was just to provide a place where players could meet the conditions needed for location-specific evolutions. But honestly, they usually have additional requirements such as level or held item. So I see no reason why we need to add the restriction ‘you can only do it when you’re in this area’. I mean we’re not restricting players who need a specific move to evolve and members are free to choose when to evolve a Pokémon - which they may do in the Visionary Glade and Secret Bases. I think location-specific evolutions can be handled there as well; if a player wants to write out a full story in which their character and Pokémon find a location with magical properties then they should be allowed to have their Pokémon evolve just like they can for any other.

That said, I can see the merit of having a zone or zones dedicated to this that players can visit of they want to, but I think the Evolution Zone is supposed to act as a place that fills in the cracks of what the other zones are missing. So for instance daylight/night-time/rain mechanics can be easily added to a zone adventure, but it might have merit to have a location that is catered specifically to that as well. In the same vein, Ice/Moss/Electromagnetic locations can be made a part of certain areas in existing zones. I can imagine that some players may want to have an actual zone adventure in which they can evolve their Pokémon. The problem is that zones may be removed or replaced, and so a dedicated Evolution Zone would help as it would always provide the member-base with the means for location-specific evolution.
My proposal is thus to have all 3 of these methods:
- Visionary Glade and Secret Bases may be used as locations where stories are written for location-specific evolution, provided the player meets the other needed requirements, if any.
- All ZAs can add these evolution locations as a mechanic to existing areas in their zones.
- The Evolution Zone provides an alternative means for evolving a Pokémon this way.

I think the Evolution Zone would be a FFAZ-style zone with adventures that can be short and sweet of about 5-posts long. The old evolution zone mostly revolved around the Pokémon partaking in a large battle within the location that allowed it to evolve. No other rewards should be given out in this zone then if these adventures are indeed this short, save for perhaps a level or two for the evolving Pokémon.

>Mantyke-Remoraid & Pancham-Dark
A player should have the option of coming across a Remoraid that aids in allowing the Mantyke to evolve. This could be having to catch the Remoraid if needed, however I think we can add the clause that the Remoraid is ‘used up’ in this way and that no Pokéball is wasted on it or anything. So the Remoraid doesn’t actually become a part of the team. An exception to this would be of course if the Remoraid was an actual Pokémon in a zone adventure that could be caught.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #28
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
- All ZAs can add these evolution locations as a mechanic to existing areas in their zones.
I actually think this is a very good idea, and I'm already forming some thoughts on how I would like to add evolution areas to the Cloud Garden.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #29
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
I actually think this is a very good idea, and I'm already forming some thoughts on how I would like to add evolution areas to the Cloud Garden.
Seconding this. As long as they are accessible locations (ie. not hidden behind a trial), there's no reasons to not hide these areas within zones. Perhaps sub-zones could even have descriptions hinting at their existence. If we spread the different evolution locations across multiple zones, too, I think it could work out.

It could either be ZU discretion, or we could simply open up a discussion on what currently active zones would be the most appropriate places to have these locations spread across and then ask that the ZAs implement them as long as they're cool with it.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #30
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

LMN could probably accommodate Mossy Rock. Just throwing that out there.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #31
Toyo
hail

Minnao is more than able to allow for Mantyke evolutions.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #32
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
My proposal is thus to have all 3 of these methods:
- Visionary Glade and Secret Bases may be used as locations where stories are written for location-specific evolution, provided the player meets the other needed requirements, if any.
I rather like both of these ideas, especially the visionary glade/secret base one. It would be so much more simplistic to just roleplay an evolution (let's say for Eevee) within the visionary glade.

I am fully in support of either of these ideas.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:52 AM   #33
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah VG/Base evos sound better for these things, or putting them in zones. I'm vaguely sure that if you probably spoke to the updator and said you were looking to evolve X, they'd probably spin you a tale around that because updators are nice people usually.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development