UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 06-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

.hack//G.U. Last Recode

.hack never went away, in fact an ongoing sidestory just wrapped up a few months ago. But aside from Quantum pretty much nothing post-G.U.'s been released outside of Japan... until soon!

The G.U. remasters have already been trademarked in north america and europe! Europe! The place that didn't get these games the first time around! Finally! Also they're for PS4 & PC, the latter part pretty much guaranteeing they will and have always intended to be released overseas!

Word on the street is that they'll be backporting the improvements found in Vol.2 & Vol.3 to the first game which'll help alot. Plus other good improvements like muuuuuch needed faster movement speed. Running through long empty halls and crap at the original speed really sucked! My main hope is that the changes end up making combat not a boring slog.

Course with all this said... boooo! I wanted something new-new! Even with story additions an junk this is still G.U. A story I know through the games, the manga, the novels, the movie, and the arc in Link! As always the neverending bait of "if it sells well more will follow" is hangin' out there ta lure people in ~.~
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Wait they're remastering the G.U. games?

Fuck yes.

What a great series.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Western release confirmed for 2017!

They're not messing around huh?

Oh and: http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_novel_kite/

.hack//Another Birth: Kite Edition

Another Novelization of the original series. After 16 years we may finally get a canon name/face for real world Kite... o.o
Old 08-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Huge news from alil bit ago came out. This is no simple remaster collection!

They're including a .hack//G.U. Vol.4 o.o made from the ground up using PS2 engine/assets an all that. JP special edition comes with a new audio drama and short novel among other goodies.

Gonna take place near the end of 2018 when The World R:2 is in its final days (its been known for years that this version ended Dec. 31st, 2018 ). So Vol.4 will assuredly be a race against time before the servers are shutdown for good.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

After 100%'ing the series on PS2 one last time I jumped right back into via Last Recode on the PS4 and 100%'d it again! Yes I played the same series of games back to back for over 100 hours each what of it?!

142+ hours on PS2 vs 114+ hours on PS4, a saving of just over 28 hours!

60fps + 25-30% default movement speed increase + much faster battles equaled some real time saving! Oh and weapon leveling speed was increased as well which made grinding those out mucccch less painful!

Lotsa overall improvements made to these games both brand new and things added in Vol.2/3 that were now backported into Vol.1/2. Tripling inventory space, adding way more save slots, and way more stuffs! Plus a bunch (but not all) of the errors from the original localizations have been corrected! Although in their place some new errors cropped up an even worse, bugs which are in the process of being patched up at least.

Vol.4 was really short but honestly thats prolly for the best cause Vol.1-3 are filled with a ton of padding as it is. So having the new one be much more focused an to the point was a good respite!

As much as I like G.U. gameplay/story the least in terms of the overall .hack series this package makes it all a heck of alot more bearable on a gameplay level! Can't really see myself going back the old versions anymore!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games