UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM   #1
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Carbink Treasure Park: The Explorers Zone

Long before this park became protected by the Fizzytopian Government, rumors ran rampant about this zone housing treasures from all over the world, bringing numerous treasure hunters through out the years that left, making fortunes off of precious stones found from within the different parts of the zone, but seem content to leave the zone be.

Amethyst Quarry:
People through out the years have since stripped most of the area of its natural Ameythest clusters that formed above ground, quite a few cave systems can be found littered throughout the Quarry that are home to gem loving pokemon. Please reply in Darkorchid

Emerald Grove:
A sprawling conifferous forest that separates the Fjord from the Quarry, this Forest seems more lively and seems to rejuvenate all that visit than other forests of similar calibers. Please reply in Springgreen

Sapphire Fjord:
Before the Fogbound Lake sat where it is now, it used to cut much farther back into what is now the Sapphire Fjord, carving it out from large hills making it an ideal home for pokemon more dragonic in nature. Please reply in Dodgerblue

Agate Grasslands:
These Grasslands earned their name from the mesmerizing colors of flowers that grow upon their windswept hills, there are even rumors that graciedas once bloomed here, but no one has been able to find them in over a century. Please reply in Chartreuse.

Fogbound Lake:
Named due to the constant fog rolling out from the center of the lake, many have tried to cross to solve the mystery but appear within the Quarry without the faintest inkling of how they wound up there in the first place. Please reply in Lavender

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Last edited by Lil'twick; 02-10-2024 at 09:08 AM.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:14 PM   #2
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Active Adventures

To be updated
Old 02-09-2024, 08:14 PM   #3
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Placeholder posting

To be edited
Old 02-09-2024, 10:33 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Long before this park became protected by the Fizzytopian Government, rumors ran rampant about this zone housing treasures from all over the world, bringing numerous treasure hunters through out the years that left, making fortunes off of precious stones found from within the different parts of the zone, but seem content to leave the zone be.

Agate Grasslands:
These Grasslands earned their name from the mesmerizing colors of flowers that grow upon their windswept hills, there are even rumors that graciedas once bloomed here, but no one has been able to find them in over a century. Please reply in Chartreuse.

Treasure Park. An old fixture of the Fizzytopia region. Supposedly, anyway- not many people seemed to have heard much about its existence until relatively recently. But that was neither here nor there, for the park was very clearly here and not so much there, and that was what counted. And quite a good thing it was here, too, elseways the sightings that one young Pokémon Trainer was following up on might well have amounted to naught.

"...this is the place, I think," said Maribel Masters, beholding the gorgeous Agate Grasslands before her. "It's beautiful here," she added with an appreciative smile, admiring the verdant and floral hills. "OK, Rotom, take a picture of the landscape," she said to her Rotom Phone.

"...you gonna save any storage space for photos of that fairy tale you're chasing?" Rotom asked.

"Rotom, be nice now," Maribel frowned. "I've been spending so much time looking it up to ensure it's real. And ZZLZZ thinks it's gotta be real, too, so I want to trust in her judgement. Besides, you know it's no fairy tale, you found it in the Pokédex database yourself."

"I know, I know, I'm just having my fun," Rotom yawned, snapping a pic of the beautiful flowery hills. "So yeah, this is where those sightings put that thing, last anyone online seems to know. Now... you're gonna send something out, right?" it added. "I ain't no battling Rotom, I won't do you much good if anything attacks."

"That's a fair point," Maribel conceded. And she took a Poké Ball out of her bag and threw it up high. "Come out- Rhyperior!" she delared, and in a flash of light, a great rocky beast emerged.

"RHYYYYY~" Rhyperior rumbled emotionally, lumbering over to Maribel and pulling her into a surprisingly gentle hug. Maribel, giggling, hugged her Rhyperior back.

"All right, Rhyperior," she said. "We're on the lookout for that Pokémon I was telling you about, OK? It'll be black and purple, very distinctive, very pretty, OK?"

"Rhyrhy," Rhyperior grunted, nodding in understanding.

"Good," Maribel nodded back. "But be alert- if anything attacks, I want us ready to fight back, OK? Only if we're attacked, though," she added.

Rhyperior tilted her head. "...rhy rhyrhyrhy, rhy rhyyy?" she growled questioningly.

"...Truth be told, I'm not convinced we're in imminent danger of attack," Maribel admitted. "I will say, though, the legends say that Spectrier is territorial, and likes its peace and quiet. How much truth there is to those legends, I can't say. I mean, look at Max- all you'd read about Eternatus is its sheer destructive potential, and Max is a total sweetheart." Rhyperior grunted agreeingly at this, but kept a sharp eye out all the same, something her Trainer was quick to resume doing herself. Neither one particularly on edge, but alert all the same. At the same time, Maribel knew her girlfriend was out in search of a Mythical Pokémon. Silently, she wished ZZLZZ luck- the girls had promised that next time they saw each other, they would each have caught the Pokémon they had so desired to seek out.

OOC: It's time- using my third LAS to kick off an adventure in search of the Swift Horse Pokémon, Spectrier!
Old 02-10-2024, 07:42 PM   #5
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Emerald Grove:
A sprawling conifferous forest that separates the Fjord from the Quarry, this Forest seems more lively and seems to rejuvenate all that visit than other forests of similar calibers. Please reply in Springgreen
"Okaaaaaay, no dragging you around. And no forcing you to fight things. Right?"

Ion grumbled. He wasn't fond of extraneous rules, especially ones that kept him from achieving his goal of becoming stronger. But if he wanted to not run the risk of losing out on the privilege of having a trainer, he'd have to respect Elijah's boundaries. Or at least pretend to.

"Yeah," Elijah confirmed as he swung around a tree, following the path as it meandered aside a small creek. He sounded more than a little unsure—he was still unfamiliar with this whole "setting boundaries" thing, and he didn't want to trample on anyone's feelings—but he also didn't want a repeat of what had happened before. "Just... trying not to let anyone get hurt or in trouble here."

"Whatever. Your loss," the Rotom snarked. "Don't blame me when you find out that you're making zero progress as a trainer because you're not actually training your Pokémon."

"For the last time, they're not my— whatever," Elijah began to retort but instantly shut himself up. He was here to be at ease, not get into an argument with a living smartphone. He kicked at the ground instead to relieve a bit of his aggression, watching a dust cloud roll up from where his foot struck. He didn't care to see it dissipate, pressing onward with a resolve to attempt to not have his day ruined again. Ion, reading the situation, fell into silence.

Elijah definitely needed something nice. He didn't even know what though, but he wasn't exactly getting anywhere like this. Not wanting to dwell on things and make his experience worse, he continued to cut through the forest trail and attempted to clear his head.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 02:18 PM   #6
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Cyndaquil I walk a lonely road

Quote:
Emerald Grove:

[/CENTER][/SIZE]
The passage of time was fickle. It didn't stop for anyone, no matter when or where they were. It was a cruel master, taking everything, but in return giving the most wonderful adventure called 'life.' It had felt as if the last two years in this time had flashed by in an instant. Ever since that public tournament, he had stuck to the shadows. There were no more games, only painstaking research of the tattered map within their hands.

He'd managed to get three more Pokemon on his hands... A rather laidback Ursaluna with a bout of lunacy, and a warrior Kleavor, who preferred to talk with her axes over anything else. Then, there was his demonic Samurott, also bearing the touch of his native time. No matter, his team had been getting stronger. Never miss a day of training, that was always drilled into him.

There was the feeling of Inu's course, blackened fur beneath him. The Growlithe quickly had evolved into an Arcanine and was now his loyal steed. With a map in hand, they looked over their environment behind them for one last time. These hidden highlands were the perfect place for a hidden village. He'd just need to follow the map, and soon he'd meet more like him. Fallers. Those not of this time, or space, were brought here for one reason or another.

Even so, the ninja looked over the rolling grasslands. This felt like home. The sprawling meadows, the craggy cliffs.... even the foggy waters. This was truly a place untouched by humanity, wasn't it? Yet, he too knew he was human. And it felt like he was defiling sacred ground here. No matter, he'd finally fulfill this long, arduous mission. Then figured out what he wanted to be.

"Hiro... Are you watching me still?" he muttered to himself as he started to delve into the woods.

His past was still mostly a mystery to him. The circumstances of his birth and childhood were a void within his mind. All he could remember was one day arriving in Jubilife Village on a mercantile vessel. Being thrown to the streets, and taken in by the Survey Corp due to his unassuming appearance. There, Beni-Sensei had taught them in the way of espionage... and that was his life. Until he fell. And now, two years later, he was here. Only time could tell what awaited the ninja at the spot marked by a singular X.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:27 PM   #7
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick I'm searching for something that I can't reach

Missingno. Master-

Treasure Park. One of the hidden, natural jewels of the region. For years it was safely regulated by the Fizzytopian Pokemon League, only allowing private personae to enter. Yet, with it being designated as a national park the public has been given access. To experience these secluded highlands. To see the emerald seas of grass, the shrouded lake, and more native to this place.

So, you had found yourself here on a promise. For a horse, of course. Why wouldn't it be a horse? There were a lot of stereotypes in the world... and they weren't going to be changing any time soon. They were, after all, called stereotypes for a reason. Still, no matter, this was a brand new place to explore. And you were chasing after a horse. Not the worst thing, but horses can be found all over. So why here? Sure, this horse was special but... you could just ask and it'd eventually find its way into your hands. Right?

You look around, trying to see if there is a hint of your prize here. Your beloved pony. Ready to be all dressed up and put on parade like your new family dog? Ah, to see such greatness degraded so. Sorry, I really am stepping out of line here. No matter, back to your regularly scheduled narration.

Where were we? Right, the Agate Grasslands. It sprawled out as far as the eye could see. And yet, all you could see were the grasses. Besides your own Pokemon, there was nothing else here. Just the rolling wind over the hum of the grass. The turquoise skies were empty, bereft of even a single cloud. You here out here alone, truly alone. Perhaps it'd be best for you to move forward, and see if you could find a sign of life.

What do you do?

Blu3-

You begin this lovely stroll through untouched woods arguing with your cell phone. This felt like a common recurrence at this point. Your phone wishes to become stronger, while you are still stuck in your shell. Holding tight to your beliefs. It feels like this is a match made in hell. Yet, you persevere through the chiding device's demeanor. It would be worth it in the end, right?

You looked around the trail, trying to catch sight of something. Anything. As serene as this place was, it was surprisingly... hollow. That there were barely any signs of life here. Yet, you could feel the forest was overflowing with life at the same time. It was an oxymoron. That this place had an aura of liveliness yet nothing was living. Besides the trees of course, and the other plant life. But no Pokemon. Just... the forest itself.

Though, this soon changes, as you hear some rustling coming from the tree tops. You look overhead, but see nothing but moving leaves. Perhaps it was a bird? Or a bug? Or something else entirely? No matter, it just felt reassuring to see life living in this forest. Seems that the edges were way less lively than the depths.

As you continue on your little hike, you hear something screeching in terror. You couldn't tell what it was, but you heard the rustling overhead get even worse. As you look up, you see the shadow of something drop towards the floor. You could see it was curled up, a bright maroon with hints of green. It felt... familiar. Chasing after it was a Pokemon you'd easily recognize, Tranquil.

The Pokemon that dropped before you then uncurls, and you also recognize this. A Venipede, and from the looks of it, it's about to be this Tranquil's lunch. The bug looks at you with pleading eyes and starts to scuttle behind you in terror. The bird Pokemon squawks at you angrily, waiting to pick a fight. As much as you hated to admit it, this was something Ion could quite literally fry.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-13-2024, 05:00 PM   #8
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Blu3-

You begin this lovely stroll through untouched woods arguing with your cell phone. This felt like a common recurrence at this point. Your phone wishes to become stronger, while you are still stuck in your shell. Holding tight to your beliefs. It feels like this is a match made in hell. Yet, you persevere through the chiding device's demeanor. It would be worth it in the end, right?

You looked around the trail, trying to catch sight of something. Anything. As serene as this place was, it was surprisingly... hollow. That there were barely any signs of life here. Yet, you could feel the forest was overflowing with life at the same time. It was an oxymoron. That this place had an aura of liveliness yet nothing was living. Besides the trees of course, and the other plant life. But no Pokemon. Just... the forest itself.

Though, this soon changes, as you hear some rustling coming from the tree tops. You look overhead, but see nothing but moving leaves. Perhaps it was a bird? Or a bug? Or something else entirely? No matter, it just felt reassuring to see life living in this forest. Seems that the edges were way less lively than the depths.

As you continue on your little hike, you hear something screeching in terror. You couldn't tell what it was, but you heard the rustling overhead get even worse. As you look up, you see the shadow of something drop towards the floor. You could see it was curled up, a bright maroon with hints of green. It felt... familiar. Chasing after it was a Pokemon you'd easily recognize, Tranquil.

The Pokemon that dropped before you then uncurls, and you also recognize this. A Venipede, and from the looks of it, it's about to be this Tranquil's lunch. The bug looks at you with pleading eyes and starts to scuttle behind you in terror. The bird Pokemon squawks at you angrily, waiting to pick a fight. As much as you hated to admit it, this was something Ion could quite literally fry.

What do you do?
Elijah wasn't really sure what was going on. This forest was supposed to be teeming with life, and yet instead it was teeming with a whole lot of nothing. He could only count a single Pokémon that he had seen over the past hour, and it was the one living in the smartphone floating next to him. He decided against dwelling on the thought, the peace and quiet was probably better for him anyway.

Or at least it was peace and quiet until something shuffled through the leaves above him and a screech pierced the air. He swore he recognized that screech, but couldn't exactly place it. A ball suddenly dropped onto the forest floor in front of him with a thunk, startling him a little. He looked up; a Tranquill giving chase. Finally, something he recognized. But that ball also looked familiar, and the more that he thought about it, the more he recognized that the screeching from earlier was exactly the kind of noise that would come from...

Oh crap. A Venipede. Elijah was thankful that he was finally seeing species that he actually knew, but out of all of them it had to be this one. Venipede were deadly given the right circumstances thanks to their very aggressive demeanor and their affinity for poison, and considering that he was far away from any sort of medical facility it wouldn't end well for him if it attacked. He braced himself as it uncurled and ran towards him...

...in fear? Elijah wasn't exactly sure that the species was really capable of feeling that way. But it was unmistakable: the pleading look on its face, the way that it curled up, the frenetic nature of its run... something wasn't right here. He was still trying to wrap his head around it when the reason for that fear landed in front of him: the Tranquill. Which, um...

"Hey, think that thing's trying to pick a fight with you instead," Ion observed. "I could easily take it out—"

"No," Elijah interrupted. "I don't... I don't want to—"

"Aw man, you're killin' me here. I'm making a decision to ignore your rules against battling because they're stupid and dangerous. Sorry!"

Ion emerged from the phone and immediately fired a Charge Beam towards the Tranquill, aiming to knock the flying type out as quickly as possible. Elijah could only watch in abject horror as the situation unfolded, both fearing for his for his life and for the other Pokémon's. He didn't want blood on anyone's hands here, even if the bird was outright challenging him. He could only hope that the Venipede behind him didn't get any ideas and attack while his guard was down.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:19 PM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master-

Treasure Park. One of the hidden, natural jewels of the region. For years it was safely regulated by the Fizzytopian Pokemon League, only allowing private personae to enter. Yet, with it being designated as a national park the public has been given access. To experience these secluded highlands. To see the emerald seas of grass, the shrouded lake, and more native to this place.

So, you had found yourself here on a promise. For a horse, of course. Why wouldn't it be a horse? There were a lot of stereotypes in the world... and they weren't going to be changing any time soon. They were, after all, called stereotypes for a reason. Still, no matter, this was a brand new place to explore. And you were chasing after a horse. Not the worst thing, but horses can be found all over. So why here? Sure, this horse was special but... you could just ask and it'd eventually find its way into your hands. Right?

You look around, trying to see if there is a hint of your prize here. Your beloved pony. Ready to be all dressed up and put on parade like your new family dog? Ah, to see such greatness degraded so. Sorry, I really am stepping out of line here. No matter, back to your regularly scheduled narration.

Where were we? Right, the Agate Grasslands. It sprawled out as far as the eye could see. And yet, all you could see were the grasses. Besides your own Pokemon, there was nothing else here. Just the rolling wind over the hum of the grass. The turquoise skies were empty, bereft of even a single cloud. You here out here alone, truly alone. Perhaps it'd be best for you to move forward, and see if you could find a sign of life.

What do you do?
Maribel and ZZLZZ had made each other a promise- the next time they saw each other, they would have caught the Pokémon they sought after. ZZLZZ was after the Mythical Genesect- after hearing its story, she felt a strange sort of kinship, saw some parallels between it and herself. Both of them, after all, had ended up forcibly altered by forces beyond their control, and had to learn to live with the changes that had occurred. ZZLZZ might not have had it in her to adjust to her condition were it not for the love and support of Eddie Starmie and his parents, who by now were nothing less than family to ZZLZZ, and so she sought to be to Genesect what Eddie was to her.

Maribel's objective wasn't much like that, and yet, there was still some depth to it nonetheless. She had come across pictures of Spectrier in her reading up on old legends, and took an immediate liking to such a beautiful creature. And so, she read up all the more about it. And what she learned got her wondering. Most of everything that had been said about Spectrier was in the context of its servitude to the King of Bountiful Harvests- a legendary Pokémon called Calyrex. Spectrier wasn't talked about much on its own, typically referred to as just the king's loyal steed. And that... that hit closer to home than Maribel had realized. She loved both her parents very much, and was quite proud to be their daughter. But at the same time, she didn't want to exist forever in their shadow. She wanted to be known as more than just the daughter of Fizzytopia's two best Pokémon Trainers. She wanted her own claim to fame, much like her mother- Willa Masters hadn't been content to bask in her mother's spotlight, but sought a spotlight of her own instead. Her own claim to fame. Maribel wanted to be a great Trainer just like her parents, but she didn't want to just be known as her parents' daughter. If she could seek out and befriend Spectrier, perhaps the two could seek out their own fortunes together, Maribel emerging from the shadow of her parents, Spectrier emerging from the shadow of Calyrex. Certainly a far cry from wanting to dress it up and parade it around, wouldn't you say?

Nevertheless, the point was moot, at least for now- there was no sign of Spectrier, or indeed, anything else. But that wasn't exactly the worst thing- it gave Maribel and Rhyperior a chance to admire their beautiful surroundings.

"Rhyyyyy..." blubbered Rhyperior, her eyes welling up with gritty tears of emotion as she beheld the beautiful landscape. One arm was around her Trainer, with Maribel happily hugging the Ground/Rock-type back.

"I know- it's so beautiful," smiled Maribel. "And not a soul around... it's perfect, isn't it?"

"Rhypeeeeriiiii!!" Rhyperior nodded, beginning to blubber emotionally.

"...and what's more," said Maribel. "It's exactly the sort of environment Spectrier might find quiet enough for its liking. So let's keep moving and looking, OK, Rhyperior?" she added. "If you need a moment, then by all means, but when you're ready, let's keep moving, OK?"

"...rhy, rhyrhy!" grunted Rhyperior. She still admired her surroundings in pure awe, but she had wiped away the tears and nodded firmly, ready to keep moving. Maribel nodded back, and let the way onward, keeping her eyes and ears open.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:43 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick I don't like them innocent, I don't want no face fresh

blu3shift-

Waltzing in on the scene, you decide to... do nothing. You too lock up, seeing nature about to take its course. You wished, desperately, to not get involved. Not see Pokemon come to harm. After all, the original Plasma creed had its grip tightly on you. But this, too, was nature. This was the natural world. Even if People weren't harming Pokemon... they were harming each other. Predators would consume prey, and the cycle would continue.

So was it best, to sit back and let nature take its course? You could see the fearful, pleading eyes of the Venipede flash through your mind. It was wanting your help. It was wanting you to save it. And the aggressive nature of the Tranquil. It was harrying the Venipede, preparing it as its lunch. Even if these creatures were usually peaceful, and Venipedes usually aggressive... the tables had turned. When it came to predator and prey, all preconceived notions were off. Yet you did not move. Your phone did.

Taking quick action, the Rotom popped out of the cell phone. Intent on neutralizing the threat before you, the poltergeist fired off a Charge Beam. The move hit the Tranquil square in the left wing, and it let out a squawk of surprise. It certainly wasn't expecting a super effective attack today! Yet, it wasn't backing down. It tries to assault the Rotom with a Quick Attack, only for the move to phase through the electric ghost. Bewildered, the Tranquil angrily squawks and starts to fly off. Best to sip regret, then swallow death.

Ion has gained a level chasing off the Tranquil!

Though, you were too wrapped in what was occurring before you... That you didn't see what was happening behind you. Well. On you. You felt a giant weight on your right shoulder and turned to see the Venipede hanging onto it, seeming to watch the battle. From the looks of it... this one was not wildborne. It was too familiar with people. Yet, how did it get here? And why was it on your shoulder?

What do you do?

Missingno. Master-

Oh, try and deny it all you want. The peanut gallery has already formed its opinions on the giant bow that will be bestowed on Spectrier. Though, fret not. That's a matter of tracking down the swift steed first. With its long, ghastly mane. It's large, fluttering lashes. And it's detached feet. Truly, this spectral ride was one of the fastest Pokemon around. Much faster than its strong, brunt counterpart in Glastrier.

You remark on how quiet this place was... and you'd be right. You can hear the wind wick and weave through the long grasses. Barely even hear the shuffling of Pokemon as they hide beneath. Some patches were so tall that even you would be swimming in the agate seas. If not for a big, tall Pokemon like Rhyperior... your ship would've been sunk.

Yet, try as you might, you encounter nothing of import. Nothing of interest. Not here, in these long, feathery grasses. All you can feel is a cool, dewey wind. You both look for an hour, hearing the occasional Pokemon moving. Yet you don't see that dark purple anywhere in your peripherals. You start to feel your heart sink. You had a promise to fulfill. And if you knew how easily she found her mark... No. That'd break your heart.

So, you return to your painstaking search and finally see something. Off in the distance, what looked to be crunched grasses. Flattened, with a hoove print emblazoned into it. This was... somewhat fresh, based on how the grass was starting to dry. It seemed something equine was here recently. You look around and see them head towards one of the hills, covered with swaths of wildflowers. Yet, there seems to be a different path, heading even further into the brush.

Where do you go?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-20-2024, 07:27 PM   #11
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
blu3shift-

Waltzing in on the scene, you decide to... do nothing. You too lock up, seeing nature about to take its course. You wished, desperately, to not get involved. Not see Pokemon come to harm. After all, the original Plasma creed had its grip tightly on you. But this, too, was nature. This was the natural world. Even if People weren't harming Pokemon... they were harming each other. Predators would consume prey, and the cycle would continue.

So was it best, to sit back and let nature take its course? You could see the fearful, pleading eyes of the Venipede flash through your mind. It was wanting your help. It was wanting you to save it. And the aggressive nature of the Tranquil. It was harrying the Venipede, preparing it as its lunch. Even if these creatures were usually peaceful, and Venipedes usually aggressive... the tables had turned. When it came to predator and prey, all preconceived notions were off. Yet you did not move. Your phone did.

Taking quick action, the Rotom popped out of the cell phone. Intent on neutralizing the threat before you, the poltergeist fired off a Charge Beam. The move hit the Tranquil square in the left wing, and it let out a squawk of surprise. It certainly wasn't expecting a super effective attack today! Yet, it wasn't backing down. It tries to assault the Rotom with a Quick Attack, only for the move to phase through the electric ghost. Bewildered, the Tranquil angrily squawks and starts to fly off. Best to sip regret, then swallow death.

Ion has gained a level chasing off the Tranquil!

Though, you were too wrapped in what was occurring before you... That you didn't see what was happening behind you. Well. On you. You felt a giant weight on your right shoulder and turned to see the Venipede hanging onto it, seeming to watch the battle. From the looks of it... this one was not wildborne. It was too familiar with people. Yet, how did it get here? And why was it on your shoulder?

What do you do?
Elijah was more than a little miffed watching the dust settle from the conflict. He'd gotten Ion to promise not to put him in a situation that he wasn't comfortable with and that had all blown up in his face in an instant. He didn't care what that Tranquill was up to, he just didn't want to see anyone get hurt! He'd seen too much during his Plasma days to want to have to bear witness to that again. He visibly fumed, lowering his eyebrows at Ion, who had since returned to the Rotom Phone.

"Look, it was either me attacking or the bird pecking your face in. Sometimes you just gotta battle to save yourself," Ion responded, defending himself before Elijah even had a chance to say anything. "Bug on your shoulder, by the way."

Elijah froze as he suddenly became aware of the twelve pounds or so of arthropod bearing down on his right shoulder. The Venipede had jumped him without him even noticing. Was it going in for the kill? He didn't know... but it was hiding behind him a minute ago, and it seemed that he hadn't been poisoned at all considering that he wasn't writhing in pain on the ground. Maybe his clothes were protecting him? Or maybe it wasn't aggressive like he had been led to believe? Was this the result of human intervention? Was there someone else out here?

Elijah didn't really want to answer any of those questions.

"Oh. Oh," Ion interjected in realization, having taken the time away from battle to perform a quick Pokédex scan on the Venipede. "That's the Pokémon that you said that you were afraid of or whatever. You said that Venipede was really aggressive, something, something... super poisonous, too, could mess you up if it touches you... yeah, okay, I get what's going on now."

The Rotom Phone bowed in a greeting that managed to be silly and formal at the same time. "Okay, well, I'm Ion, I'm this guy's Pokémon, even if he says that I'm not right because you're not supposed to have them or whatever. Mr. I-Really-Need-A-Hug over here—" he pointed to Elijah to the best of his ability, "—Elijah, if you wanna call him by his actual name, he's really mopey about stuff. Bit of a pain when he's afraid of battling, but I bet I can get him out of his shell eventually. Um, my Pokédex here says that you are supposed to be aggressive and all of that, but it looks like you aren't, so tell ya what, neither of us can understand what you're saying but are you gonna do that to him? And, um, you're safe to touch, right?" He asked the Venipede in earnest, revealing just a bit too much about Elijah and his relationship with himself. He took a moment to try and gather as much information on the bug in his Pokédex as possible in the meantime, predicting that it wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

Elijah suppressed the overwhelming urge to scream at Ion, instead opting for the worst stink-eye that he could muster.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:23 AM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master-

Oh, try and deny it all you want. The peanut gallery has already formed its opinions on the giant bow that will be bestowed on Spectrier. Though, fret not. That's a matter of tracking down the swift steed first. With its long, ghastly mane. It's large, fluttering lashes. And it's detached feet. Truly, this spectral ride was one of the fastest Pokemon around. Much faster than its strong, brunt counterpart in Glastrier.

You remark on how quiet this place was... and you'd be right. You can hear the wind wick and weave through the long grasses. Barely even hear the shuffling of Pokemon as they hide beneath. Some patches were so tall that even you would be swimming in the agate seas. If not for a big, tall Pokemon like Rhyperior... your ship would've been sunk.

Yet, try as you might, you encounter nothing of import. Nothing of interest. Not here, in these long, feathery grasses. All you can feel is a cool, dewey wind. You both look for an hour, hearing the occasional Pokemon moving. Yet you don't see that dark purple anywhere in your peripherals. You start to feel your heart sink. You had a promise to fulfill. And if you knew how easily she found her mark... No. That'd break your heart.

So, you return to your painstaking search and finally see something. Off in the distance, what looked to be crunched grasses. Flattened, with a hoove print emblazoned into it. This was... somewhat fresh, based on how the grass was starting to dry. It seemed something equine was here recently. You look around and see them head towards one of the hills, covered with swaths of wildflowers. Yet, there seems to be a different path, heading even further into the brush.

Where do you go?
With the ultimate fate of Spectrier, and by extension, Spectrier's dignity, called into question by forces beyond the comprehen- wait, what- Rotom- hey, you can't do that-

Zip it, keyboard man. Hey, you! Yeah, you! What sort of shallow, superficial stereotype do you take Maribel Masters for, huh? A giant bow attached to the legendary Spectrier, my battery pack! She's got far more respect for her Pokémon than to doll them all up all frilly and frou-frou, unless of course that's what they want. Hell, even me- do you see a single flower or frill, or Thundurus forbid, one of those wretched pop socket deals, on my case? No, you damn well don't!

Arceus damn it, Rotom, you're gonna get me banned! How did you even get on this side of the fourth wall, anyway?

Hey, you're writing this on your laptop. Laptops is electronics. I'm a Rotom. I'm in your electronics. It's what we do. Alright, fine, though, I think I made my point anyhow. Just, if any y'all tell Maribel I stuck up for her like this I'mma Thunder Shock your face in.

"...Rotom, did something just happen?" Maribel asked, taking her Rotom Phone out of her bag. "I thought I just heard you re-enter the phone...?"

"Nah, been in here the whole time," yawned the lying Rotom who lies. "Powered off and on for shits and giggles, and also maybe some stupid security update, I dunno, I don't read that crap. Why, what, you actually heard that?"

"Yeah, it's that quiet around here," Maribel stated. "Still no sign of Spectrier."

"Rhyyyy," Rhyperior quietly whined in agreement.

"Ah, it's OK, Rhyperior," Maribel sighed, petting the emotional Drill Pokémon. "We'll find it... sooner or later... hey, Rotom?" she asked.

"Hmm?" Rotom buzzed lazily.

"Do you think ZZLZZ has found Genesect by now?"

Rotom considered this. It really shouldn't have known the truth, but it did. The question, however, was more about what it would say to Maribel here. She was disheartened enough as it was- the truth would surely break her heart. And so, Rotom decided to be a lying Rotom who lies once again, but this time with far better intentions. "...nah, no way, not yet," it said, trying to sound casual. "If you ain't found this Spectrier thing, then I'd bet my case she hasn't seen claw nor cannon of Genesect yet."

"...yeah, true," Maribel nodded. "I mean, ZZLZZ is good, but we are talking legendary and Mythical Pokémon here... well, we'll both find what we're after before long," she added, the smile returning to her face. And the search resumed in earnest, with even her Rotom Phone joining in. And it was Rotom who spotted something.

"...hey, Maribel. Come over here," Rotom said. "Take a look at this."

Maribel hurried over, and looked at what Rotom had snapped a picture of- first in the picture, then by looking at it in real life. "...that's a hoof print," she breathed. "There's been a horse Pokémon of some sort through here recently."

"Rhyyyy!" Rhyperior grunted joyously.

"All right, now where do these tracks lead?" Maribel murmured. "They look fresh..." And as she looked around, she saw exactly where they headed- towards one of the hills, covered with wildflowers. She also saw a different path, leading further into the brush. "...Hmm," she considered. "It'd be darker in there, wouldn't it... that'd suit Spectrier more," she realized. "All right- we're headed in there," she decided.

"Rhyyyy!" Rhyperior grunted in decisive agreement, following right behind her Trainer.

*As a result of reaching 15 Synergy, Rhyperior learned the unnatural MT move Corrosive Gas!*
Old 02-24-2024, 03:31 PM   #13
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands...

Quote:
Fogbound Lake:
Named due to the constant fog rolling out from the center of the lake, many have tried to cross to solve the mystery but appear within the Quarry without the faintest inkling of how they wound up there in the first place. Please reply in Lavender

“Did we… make a wrong turn somewhere?”

Jess scratched her head as she looked down at the map, twisting it every which way to try and make head or tails of their surroundings. Navigating was admittedly not her strong suit, and as she flipped the chart entirely upside down she was forced to admit they were well and truly lost. Matters weren’t helped much by the dense wave of fog rolling in, obscuring vision to the point it felt like wading through thick pea soup.

Accompanying her into the pease porridge was an appropriately porcine Pokémon, who surprisingly didn’t seem too salty despite the unideal situation. Originally the pig’s purpose for coming here was to investigate the crystal caverns at Amethyst Quarry, having felt a “calling” after an anonymous messenger dropped off a chest full of mysterious documents at the doorstep of Detective Gumpy’s office. Included amongst the antique articles was an atlas detailing directions to a supposed magnificent “tréasure”, buried deep underground at the aptly named Treasure Park – which the Fizzytopian government had recently re-opened to the public, thus explorers from all over the world were flocking in droves to seek their fortune in gold.

Rather than chasing riches however, Pickle the Spoink seemed to sense something familiar about the site, and thus set off on this journey in hopes of uncovering answers to his place of origin and parentage. Of course, Detective Gumpy couldn’t well pass up a puzzle presented right before him, and so the Swalot gladly agreed to escort his piglet protégé on his quest for clues to his family’s whereabouts. …That said, there was one party member who was most motivated by the potential promise of money and jewels, as the newest recruit to Team Pocket hovered by his trainer’s shoulder, simultaneously scanning the parchment to try and correct their course. As the Klefki scrutinized the legend key and carefully retraced their steps, Locke thus landed on a large blue body depicting a lake surrounded by symbolic wisps of clouds – which certainly seemed to match their current location given the viscous mist in the vicinity. Perhaps, if they could keep along the shoreline and make their way to where the water once fed into Sapphire Fjord, they could follow the inlet to its mouth and successfully return to civilization.

…Before that though, a low eerie groan suddenly startled the group – until realizing it was the other two organic beings’ bellies beginning to rumble loudly – and Jess flushed as she found her own digestive organs faintly joining the chorus, craving sustenance to replenish energy after all that walking. Rolling up the diagram, she thus suggested a short break for lunch to satisfy their stomachs before moving on, to which Gumpy and Pickle eagerly enthused as they unpacked bento boxes and began stuffing their faces with food. Locke jingled impatiently in mild irritation, ignoring the others’ grumbling guts to determinedly split up and forge ahead on his own in pursuit of his precious coveted prize. The fairy plunderer thus flitted off unnoticed, heading deep into the haze in hopes of reaching the X-marked cove first, in order to lay claim to its hidden cache and hoard the haul before anyone else beat him to the punch…

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-02-2024 at 07:24 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:19 PM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Want them wearing leather, Begging, let me be your taste test

blu3shift-

With the realization of the giant bug on your shoulder, you freeze in place. Well, it was certainly smaller than the average Venipede. Perhaps that contributed to its more timid nature? That, and it was for sure domesticated. There were just too many questions, and you were more focused on not irritating it. So it wouldn't bite you and inject you with its awful venom. But, well, your Rotom takes the lead. Like always. And starts to talk with the Venipede.

It kind, the Venipede cocks its head curiously at the phone. Most poison-typed Pokemon were able to control their toxins at will. Especially those that were born and bred domestically. If anything, those were reserved for battles and defending their trainers. This little one was almost assuredly abandoned here in the wild. For one reason or another. And it seemed to resonate with you in some way. The sleepy, droopy eyes seemingly comforted on being on your shoulder.

The bug, on hearing, "needs-a-hug", brushes its body against your face. It was hard, but smooth, and didn't feel irritating on your skin. There was a warmth from the bug as It brushed against you, its antennae twitching happily in trying to reassure you. This Pokemon wasn't a threat, at the very least. So, here you were, with a Venipede on your right shoulder. Nothing else was here at the moment, but you could feel the forest pulsating with life. Perhaps you were supposed to meet this little guy?

What do you do?

Missingno. Master-

Assessing your options, you opt for the underbrush. You were looking for a ghost-type, surely the dark would fit it better? Right? Even so, this Pokemon was proud and often liked showing off its beauty. Why would it hide it in the dark? What would your dad say about this? You were making presumptions about a Pokemon based on its typing. How many times did he say to not judge a Poison-type based on its type? Well, this is the path you took.

You and your Rypherior start to look through the underbrusuh. However, the hoofprints start to disappear rather quickly. As you move through the underbrush, you start to hear shuffling sounds. Signs of life. As you do, you smell something... peppery. It was spicy and was certainly cleaning out your sinuses. And as you continue forward, you start to hear more and more Pokemon. However, none of them equine.

Your Rhyperior then steps on something and looks down. You see three, weed-like strands sticking out in the ground. A few more were dotted deep beneath the tall grasses, with your Rhyperior crushing one of them beneath its feet. The peppery smell gets stronger, but you don't see the source of it. Just then, you hear the bleating whinny of a horse. It sounded like it could be your mark, and you hear it from far behind you. Roughly where the flowery hill was. Damn it. However, that sound soon gets DROWNED OUT as your Rhyperior removes his foot. It was an ear-splitting SCREAM, and a large cloud of stun spore soon erupted from the weeds around you and your Rhyperior.

A horde of Oddish pops up, all of them quite cranky and tired. The Pokemon all stare you and your Rhyperior down, and prepare to attack. You feel your entire body locked up in paralysis from the stun spore, it clinging to your lungs. Your Rhyperior doesn't look all too much better either, and these grass types could make quick work of it if you weren't careful. Quite the pickle you were in...

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM   #15
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master-

Assessing your options, you opt for the underbrush. You were looking for a ghost-type, surely the dark would fit it better? Right? Even so, this Pokemon was proud and often liked showing off its beauty. Why would it hide it in the dark? What would your dad say about this? You were making presumptions about a Pokemon based on its typing. How many times did he say to not judge a Poison-type based on its type? Well, this is the path you took.

You and your Rypherior start to look through the underbrusuh. However, the hoofprints start to disappear rather quickly. As you move through the underbrush, you start to hear shuffling sounds. Signs of life. As you do, you smell something... peppery. It was spicy and was certainly cleaning out your sinuses. And as you continue forward, you start to hear more and more Pokemon. However, none of them equine.

Your Rhyperior then steps on something and looks down. You see three, weed-like strands sticking out in the ground. A few more were dotted deep beneath the tall grasses, with your Rhyperior crushing one of them beneath its feet. The peppery smell gets stronger, but you don't see the source of it. Just then, you hear the bleating whinny of a horse. It sounded like it could be your mark, and you hear it from far behind you. Roughly where the flowery hill was. Damn it. However, that sound soon gets DROWNED OUT as your Rhyperior removes his foot. It was an ear-splitting SCREAM, and a large cloud of stun spore soon erupted from the weeds around you and your Rhyperior.

A horde of Oddish pops up, all of them quite cranky and tired. The Pokemon all stare you and your Rhyperior down, and prepare to attack. You feel your entire body locked up in paralysis from the stun spore, it clinging to your lungs. Your Rhyperior doesn't look all too much better either, and these grass types could make quick work of it if you weren't careful. Quite the pickle you were in...

What do you do?
As Maribel proceeded onwards, she started to think more about her decision. Did this darkness suit Spectrier? Or was she just going off it being a Ghost-type? But then again, she recalled what she had read about Spectrier liking its peace and quiet, and did not dwell on the matter much longer.

"...do you smell something, Rhyperior?" Maribel whispered. "It's... spicy?"

"Rhyyyy," Rhyperior responded thoughtfully. Whatever it was, it was certainly clearing out their sinuses. But they couldn't discern the source, and so onward they went, listening for more sounds, but none of the ones they heard sounded equine in nature.

Rhyperior then stopped- she'd stepped on something, and looked down to see several weed-like strands sticking out of the ground, and she'd stepped on one of them. The peppery smell grew stronger, but they still couldn't tell where it was coming from. And then they heard it- a whinny, as though from a horse Pokémon... from far behind them, back around the area of the hill. This had been the wrong way after all. But before Maribel could dwell on this, she very quickly found herself with bigger problems on her hands. A piercing scream rent the air as Rhyperior moved her foot, and the weeds around them let loose with clouds of Stun Spore. Maribel, caught off-guard, could not avoid breathing in the incapacitating powder. She struggled to move, her body already locking up in paralysis, while she heard Rhyperior's pained grunts, telling her that the Drill Pokémon was in the same predicament.

"...well, this is a fine mess you got into this time," Rotom said snarkily as the possessed smartphone rose out of Maribel's bag.

"Rotom... help," Maribel managed to utter. "Please..."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it," Rotom yawned, though the haste with which it dove rightback into Maribel's bag did not go unnoticed. The possessed phone rummaged through Maribel's possessions, until finally a flash of light erupted from the bag, forming itself into what looked like another tree.

Trevenant gave a creaky gasp as he saw the Trainer he considered nothing less than a sister suffering so. "Maribel! Rhyperior! What happened?" he asked.

"Oddish... Stun Spore," Maribel uttered, every syllable a struggle to speak. "Rhyperior... stepped on one... accident," she said, putting as much emphasis on that last word as she possibly could. "Medicine... for them... then us."

"Shouldn't I take care of your paralysis first-" began Trevenant.

"Them... then us," Maribel repeated firmly. "No fighting... misunderstanding...Defensive... Shield... if need to... but don't fight back!"

"O-OK," Trevenant nodded. He gently reached into Maribel's bag, and pulled out a bottle of Fresh Water, and two Lum Berries. He very dearly wanted to use the Lum Berries on Maribel and Rhyperior first, but ultimately heeded Maribel's orders and first offered to feed the Fresh Water to the injured Oddish. "Please, we don't want to fight, and they didn't mean you any harm," he said gently. "It was an accident. This will help you feel better." Maribel looked down at the Oddish horde, hoping Trevenant's efforts would succeed in de-escalating the situation before things could get even worse.

OOC: Lum Berries are #1-2 of 11.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:56 PM   #16
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
blu3shift-

With the realization of the giant bug on your shoulder, you freeze in place. Well, it was certainly smaller than the average Venipede. Perhaps that contributed to its more timid nature? That, and it was for sure domesticated. There were just too many questions, and you were more focused on not irritating it. So it wouldn't bite you and inject you with its awful venom. But, well, your Rotom takes the lead. Like always. And starts to talk with the Venipede.

It kind, the Venipede cocks its head curiously at the phone. Most poison-typed Pokemon were able to control their toxins at will. Especially those that were born and bred domestically. If anything, those were reserved for battles and defending their trainers. This little one was almost assuredly abandoned here in the wild. For one reason or another. And it seemed to resonate with you in some way. The sleepy, droopy eyes seemingly comforted on being on your shoulder.

The bug, on hearing, "needs-a-hug", brushes its body against your face. It was hard, but smooth, and didn't feel irritating on your skin. There was a warmth from the bug as It brushed against you, its antennae twitching happily in trying to reassure you. This Pokemon wasn't a threat, at the very least. So, here you were, with a Venipede on your right shoulder. Nothing else was here at the moment, but you could feel the forest pulsating with life. Perhaps you were supposed to meet this little guy?

What do you do?
Elijah was taken aback by the Venipede's gesture, having had the knowledge that it was a bad idea to even let one see you melt away in an adorable display of reassurance. He felt muscles that he didn't even know were tensed relax. Maybe Ion was right about one thing: he definitely needed some sort of affection—even if it was from one of the most aggressive Pokémon in his backyard growing up. But then again, how could you argue if it wasn't aggressive? And, and—

Elijah thankfully caught himself before he started mentally spiralling again and brought himself back to the present moment. This Venipede was treating him better than pretty much everyone he'd ever met, and he wasn't going to argue with that. And how could he distract himself from the happy bug on his shoulder? Aww. It was hard to focus on with the Venipede so close to his eyes, but he could make out its dark-ringed antennae shifting and twitching in satisfaction. His heart would have completely melted in a different situation, but this was still an unexpected event in the middle of an absentminded walk, so instead he stared into the distance for a while, letting his mind wander just a little bit.

"Aww, it likes you," Ion cooed, watching Elijah and the Venipede from a few feet away. He'd been watching his trainer's expression progress through fear, anger, confusion, and relief over the past minute, and it was delightful for the Rotom to see—he was so used to him being frustrated and depressed all the time that seeing something positive out of him was a breath of fresh air.

"Y-yeah, thanks," Elijah said in response. His words were still a little creaky from his scare earlier but each one carried an air of sincerity to it. "I appreciate it, but... doesn't this seem a little out of character for, y'know..."

"Oh yeah, I've been looking that one up. It's, um..." Ion contemplated for a moment, seemingly afraid of broaching the subject but continuing anyway. "Domesticated? It seems to line up with what I've been seeing. Smaller size and less aggression, more used to people, whatever. You don't really find them out in the wild, though, they don't really have the... skills to defend themselves properly." He put a strange emphasis on the last part.

Elijah blinked. A domestic Venipede? He'd heard of higher ranking Plasmas being trusted to work with the species, as well as some gym leader back in Unova having a Whirlipede, but those were just rumors to him and he was pretty sure that the species was far too aggressive to handle. But then again, there was living proof against this perched on his shoulder, so he couldn't really say anything. The fact that he encountered one out here was still a bit of a mystery, though. Was it lost? He couldn't just leave it out here to die if what Ion was saying was true.

"...Huh. We should probably find out where it's supposed to be, then," Elijah finally responded.

"Maybe it's with you?" Ion winked, Elijah rolled his eyes. "Hey, I'm just sayin' that it might be destiny—!"

"The only destiny that I had was being a 'hero' of truth or ideals or whatever," Elijah interrupted. "And as far as I can tell, I'm not a hero. Let's move."

He continued down the path, now with an undersized Venipede on his shoulder and a confused Rotom matching pace with him.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:25 PM   #17
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Lilboocorsola - Please Reply in Lavender

Crystal Cove was once considered a large mining town with its primary focus around the gemstones that grew in the large underground caves underneath the ground that the town was built on top of, it brought with it a booming business…until it didn’t, at least that’s the information that was presented to you when researching the mysterious place on the internet, the intriguing thing about this place was that even though it had been around, give or take, a good hundred years ago, nobody had really heard of the town since the mysterious fog around the vicinity that appeared about a decade ago made it inhabitable to live in, not that it was toxic or anything it just made it difficult to see, causing a number of residents to up and leave…but if that was true then who sent you the package in the first place?

Understandably you got lost but weren’t particularly bothered, you had a capable Detective on your side that had his own growing private agency, he even had taken up an apprentice to teach him all that he knew and who had his own shares of troubles trying to solve his own mystery in life of what had become of his family. Then there was the more elusive partner of the team, tied with a criminal syndicate known as ‘Team Pocket’, though one would wonder if it was wise to have a name so related to another crime group that may have given quite a few a bit of PTSD.

You make camp, to settle your possible nerves whilst you and your Pokémon enjoy a nice snack, the key chain Pokémon had other plans however deciding it was good to strike while the iron was hot.

The fog was thick, he was only able to see up about half a foot away from his sight of vision, and at least didn’t have to deal with the plaguing sandy uneven shore line, but somewhere from looking this way and that the sand had changed to a more rocky pebble surface, he pressed on feeling a slight breeze…quite possibly its first lead! But when he arrived there, it was nothing more than a dead end and what could have possibly lead to an entrance of the cave was buried by a number of large rocks, there was no crack he could squeeze through and from the look of it would be risky to get a larger Pokémon like Rhydon to dig through.

Having finished with their snacks you and the rest of your troop pack up and arrive a few minutes later, only to meet a very disappointed key ring Pokémon with no treasure to be had, you try to think about what the best course of action could be here when you hear a sudden crow that creeps you all out, “Muuurrrrrr….” its low rumbling soon present on the wind, “Krrrrrooooow.”

It’s distinct enough for the four of you all to hear, it was coming up higher on the rocky cliff hill side, there was a small hiking path that lead up but the fog on top obscured your vision from seeing any further than that, of course there was no point waiting around to investigate, not to one as dedicated to his work as Detective Grump was, he lead the charge upward with everyone following suit.

When you finally make it up to the surface you hear the audible crow of the familiar bird again, “Murrrrrr….Kroooooow!”

This leads the group to traverse deeper into the fog and soon find a large old villa seating on top of the edge, in its heyday it was probably gorgeous, upscale and would be too expensive for any ordinary trainer to afford a stay there but now…it was run down and in desperate need of repair. You hear the crow of the “Murkrow!” Get your attention one last time and almost as if someone had used Defog to dispel the murky fog surrounding it, more of the large villa came into view, Spoink oinks to notify you all that the dark type bird that had been cawing this whole time was seating on top of the front door’s rams head architectural, as you walk towards it, it flies away upon your arrival, disappearing further away into the outer fog.

Leaving you four at the front stoop of the villa, leaving only to ring the doorbell…

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 03-03-2024 at 01:34 PM.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 05:51 PM   #18
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick I like the sad eyes, bad guys, mouth full of white lies

Missingno. Master-

Realizing the severity of the situation, you try to remedy it by... speaking to the Oddish horde. Or at the very least, have your Trevenant communicate with them. After all, you didn't even know that they were there. It was a complete accident on your Rhyperior's end. After all, it was a Pokemon's natural reaction to attack back if threatened. And as you feel your body go numb... You see your Trevenant speak with the angry grass-types.

The tree tries to offer the Fresh Water to the Oddish, who screams in terror and starts to flee. After all, having a cyclopean tree staring you down was quite terrifying, even if it was with good intentions. Seeing the injured Oddish flee, the others spew out more stun spore clouds before chasing after their friend. It was a clear warning. 'Stay Away.' Best let sleeping dogs lie now, the Oddish wouldn't both you as long as you respect their spaces. So, with that out of the way, your helpful grass-typed friend feeds you and your Rhyperior Lum Berries.

Being an eight Gastly did come with some perks. This was one of them, after all. You could feel the sweet, refreshing taste of the Lum Berry. It was sweet, a little tangy, and went straight through you. And as it did, you could feel the paralysis leaving your body. However, it takes more time than it does your Rhyperior. But, soon enough, you're free from the paralysis.

You then hear a whinnying sound echo through the grasslands. It felt... familiar but different than anything you had encountered. Spectrier? The direction sounded like it was that flower-top hill. There was still some time, perhaps, to catch up with it before bolting off again.

What do you do?

blu3shift-

You were no hero. At the very least, that's what you told yourself. After all, there were plenty of so-called 'heroes' in your past, wasn't there? N, after all, was supposed to lead Team Plasma to glory years before you were even a blip on the radar. But then that guy from Nuvema Town changed it all. Clinging to past ideology was all fine and dandy. There are often lessons in our history made to be forgotten.

So, the Venipede gives you an encouraging 'bonk' on the head. With that in your mind, you start to head off and out. There was nothing else in this small little clearing for you. And as you continue through the forest, you start to feel invigorated. That even with this new weight on your shoulder, it far outweighed the weight it had released. The stress of expectations barreling down on you. Expectations both from others and yourself. And it was something that was meant to be freeing.

You notice a LOT more forest life now that you are past the clearing. Bug Pokemon crawling and hanging from trees. Skwovets ran up and down the branches. Bird Pokemon roosting between the leaves. And even some larger fauna, like Deerling, graze along the forest paths. You notice a peculiarity though. These Deerlings were of all different kinds of seasonal varieties, even if this place felt like a pleasant spring day.

Eventually, you reach another clearing on the trail path, with a giant Apple Tree providing shade. Here, all types of forest Pokemon were taking their breaks. Oddly, for a natural paradise... they seemed weirdly accustomed to people. Most of them stayed on the outskirts. However, you could see bug Pokemon fluttering along, carefree. You could feel the Venipede shift its weight, looking excitedly at the large apples in the tree above. Was it getting hungry? Well... a little snack wouldn't hurt. Though, you could see a group of myriad Pokemon sleeping comfortably beneath the tree.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-04-2024, 07:00 PM   #19
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
blu3shift-

You were no hero. At the very least, that's what you told yourself. After all, there were plenty of so-called 'heroes' in your past, wasn't there? N, after all, was supposed to lead Team Plasma to glory years before you were even a blip on the radar. But then that guy from Nuvema Town changed it all. Clinging to past ideology was all fine and dandy. There are often lessons in our history made to be forgotten.

So, the Venipede gives you an encouraging 'bonk' on the head. With that in your mind, you start to head off and out. There was nothing else in this small little clearing for you. And as you continue through the forest, you start to feel invigorated. That even with this new weight on your shoulder, it far outweighed the weight it had released. The stress of expectations barreling down on you. Expectations both from others and yourself. And it was something that was meant to be freeing.

You notice a LOT more forest life now that you are past the clearing. Bug Pokemon crawling and hanging from trees. Skwovets ran up and down the branches. Bird Pokemon roosting between the leaves. And even some larger fauna, like Deerling, graze along the forest paths. You notice a peculiarity though. These Deerlings were of all different kinds of seasonal varieties, even if this place felt like a pleasant spring day.

Eventually, you reach another clearing on the trail path, with a giant Apple Tree providing shade. Here, all types of forest Pokemon were taking their breaks. Oddly, for a natural paradise... they seemed weirdly accustomed to people. Most of them stayed on the outskirts. However, you could see bug Pokemon fluttering along, carefree. You could feel the Venipede shift its weight, looking excitedly at the large apples in the tree above. Was it getting hungry? Well... a little snack wouldn't hurt. Though, you could see a group of myriad Pokemon sleeping comfortably beneath the tree.

What do you do?
Elijah definitely felt a little lighter, but something was still weighing him down: something deep within him, a weight that he didn't even recognize was there. It was completely invisible to him, but Ion definitely picked up on it, between his stiff and unsteady gait and stoic expression.

"Dude... you seem a little on edge," Ion broached. "What's going on?"

Elijah pondered for a moment, briefly turning his attention inward. "I'm waiting for something to happen. It always does. Sooner or later something's gonna fall from the sky. Or someone's gonna run up and yell at me. I've been through this a million times before."

"Eh. Whatever. Yours truly has it covered if something happens."

Elijah rolled his eyes once again. He could probably think of quite a few bodyguards that would make him feel safer than a wise-guy Rotom that felt the need to call all of the shots, but he honestly wasn't going to argue with Ion over what made him feel safe. The here and now was more important. And speaking of here and now, something about this forest still rubbed Elijah the wrong way.

He could see it. The Pokémon of this forest were abundant, but they were also incredibly docile. Not once has any tried to jump into his path or try to rob him of his health, even the ones that looked somewhat like they'd pick a fight with him. And he swore that he spotted three different Deerling, despite the fact that their hides changed with the season and thus should be completely impossible. There was something wrong here, and he had no idea what it was.

Tap, tap. Ion nudged his oblong smartphone body against Elijah's free shoulder, beckoning his attention. He turned to Ion, eyebrows raised.

"Looks like a certain someone's hungry." Ion's gesture over to the Venipede revealed its a longing stare upwards—towards food that was surprisingly not meat (were these Pokémon seriously not exclusively carnivorous? Elijah was starting to doubt the legitimacy of the thirty-year-old Pokédex that he pored over in the library.), but instead a cluster of bright red apples dangling from the tree that towered over their heads.

Come to think of it, I could probably go for something right now, Elijah mused. Unfortunately, the fruit was way up there and everyone in the near vicinity was vertically challenged—and it's not like he knew anyone that could just fly up there and grab some. Well, actually... oh, did it have to come to this? He scrounged up a Premier Ball from his pocket, still very concerned about how he was using the very things that he was told were tools of slavery. Sighing after spending a moment dusting off the lint that covered its shiny white exterior, he tossed the ball in the air, unlatching in a flash of blue to reveal a Castform, in all of its cloudy gray glory.

"Um, hey... are you okay?" Elijah asked. He had more pressing issues to deal with, but he simply couldn't live with the knowledge that he'd been confining an actual Pokémon to a tiny ball for an extended period of time. He expected the Castform to maybe scream and cry and beg to be released from its prison, but instead he nodded and Elijah didn't really have much of a response for that beyond a shrug and an "okay, just let me know if you don't like it in there and I'll let you go."

Moving on. Elijah pointed up towards the apples. "Um, if you're willing to help, there's some food up there and we're hungry. Can you, well... y'know...?" The Castform looked up for a moment before nodding and proceeding to Headbutt a few branches of the tree, hoping to knock its delicious treasure loose.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:57 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master-

Realizing the severity of the situation, you try to remedy it by... speaking to the Oddish horde. Or at the very least, have your Trevenant communicate with them. After all, you didn't even know that they were there. It was a complete accident on your Rhyperior's end. After all, it was a Pokemon's natural reaction to attack back if threatened. And as you feel your body go numb... You see your Trevenant speak with the angry grass-types.

The tree tries to offer the Fresh Water to the Oddish, who screams in terror and starts to flee. After all, having a cyclopean tree staring you down was quite terrifying, even if it was with good intentions. Seeing the injured Oddish flee, the others spew out more stun spore clouds before chasing after their friend. It was a clear warning. 'Stay Away.' Best let sleeping dogs lie now, the Oddish wouldn't both you as long as you respect their spaces. So, with that out of the way, your helpful grass-typed friend feeds you and your Rhyperior Lum Berries.

Being an eight Gastly did come with some perks. This was one of them, after all. You could feel the sweet, refreshing taste of the Lum Berry. It was sweet, a little tangy, and went straight through you. And as it did, you could feel the paralysis leaving your body. However, it takes more time than it does your Rhyperior. But, soon enough, you're free from the paralysis.

You then hear a whinnying sound echo through the grasslands. It felt... familiar but different than anything you had encountered. Spectrier? The direction sounded like it was that flower-top hill. There was still some time, perhaps, to catch up with it before bolting off again.

What do you do?
Maribel Masters was something else. Even when incapacitated and inhibited by relentless paralysis, even when barely able to move, she still took complete charge of the situation, and tried to diffuse it without resorting to violence if she could help it. Trevenant wanted very much to help his Trainer- his sister, really- first and foremost, but at the same time, he wouldn't go against what she was ordering. She had what her father always referred to as the old Masters stubbornness, and she had it in spades. Arguing with her on points like these was an exercise in futility.

So Trevenant went to offer the Fresh Water to the injured Oddish... and it screamed and ran away. The other Oddish spewed out more clouds of Stun Spore before running after their friend, a clear warning to stay away. Nobody had expected, or indeed even wanted, that result, but at the same time, it couldn't be denied... it got the end result they were after. Thus, with that out of the way, Trevenant went to feed Maribel and Rhyperior Lum Berries. Rhyperior was the first to be freed of the paralysis's effects, presumably due to being 100% Pokémon- Maribel took a bit longer, but she could feel it doing the job nonetheless. "...Oh, that's much better," she exhaled, stretching her limbs gratefully. "Rhyperior, it's OK," she added, forestalling the apologetic growls and rumblings Rhyperior was starting to utter. "I know you didn't mean to, I know you would never." She then turned to the ghostly tree who was basically an older brother to her. "Trevenant, thank you so much," she added with a smile.

"It's no problem, but, just... I'm sorry I scared the Oddish, "Trevenant replied quietly. "I... I was trying to be nice, and it..."

Maribel hugged the arboreal apparition. "I know," she said. "I'd have really preferred it to go differently, too, I didn't want them scared of us, but I know it wasn't how you intended it to go, either. Besides... it stopped them from attacking us, at least. If nothing else I'll at least take that."

"Rhyyyy," rumbled Rhyperior, pulling both of them into an emotional hug. However, before this moment could go any longer, they could hear it- a strange whinnying sound echoing throughout. Familiar somehow, but at the same time, different than anything Maribel had ever encountered before.

Maribel gave a gasp, her eyes lighting up at the sound. "Was that Spectrier?!" she breathed.

"It could be! Let's go and find out!" Trevenant exclaimed excitedly.

"Rhy rhyyyy!" Rhyperior agreed.

"OK, but both of you, we gotta be careful," Maribel stated. "We don't know how many more buried Oddish we were lucky enough to not step on. I don't want a repeat of this, OK?"

"Rhy," nodded Rhyperior.

"Got it," Trevenant agreed.

With that, Maribel smiled and nodded, and led the way back the way they came. They might have gone the wrong way, but right now they had a shot at making the right decision, and hopefully that was just what they were gonna do.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:49 PM   #21
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey The most hauntedest place on earth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue Eye View Post
Lilboocorsola - Please Reply in Lavender

Crystal Cove was once considered a large mining town with its primary focus around the gemstones that grew in the large underground caves underneath the ground that the town was built on top of, it brought with it a booming business…until it didn’t, at least that’s the information that was presented to you when researching the mysterious place on the internet, the intriguing thing about this place was that even though it had been around, give or take, a good hundred years ago, nobody had really heard of the town since the mysterious fog around the vicinity that appeared about a decade ago made it inhabitable to live in, not that it was toxic or anything it just made it difficult to see, causing a number of residents to up and leave…but if that was true then who sent you the package in the first place?

Understandably you got lost but weren’t particularly bothered, you had a capable Detective on your side that had his own growing private agency, he even had taken up an apprentice to teach him all that he knew and who had his own shares of troubles trying to solve his own mystery in life of what had become of his family. Then there was the more elusive partner of the team, tied with a criminal syndicate known as ‘Team Pocket’, though one would wonder if it was wise to have a name so related to another crime group that may have given quite a few a bit of PTSD.

You make camp, to settle your possible nerves whilst you and your Pokémon enjoy a nice snack, the key chain Pokémon had other plans however deciding it was good to strike while the iron was hot.

The fog was thick, he was only able to see up about half a foot away from his sight of vision, and at least didn’t have to deal with the plaguing sandy uneven shore line, but somewhere from looking this way and that the sand had changed to a more rocky pebble surface, he pressed on feeling a slight breeze…quite possibly its first lead! But when he arrived there, it was nothing more than a dead end and what could have possibly lead to an entrance of the cave was buried by a number of large rocks, there was no crack he could squeeze through and from the look of it would be risky to get a larger Pokémon like Rhydon to dig through.

Having finished with their snacks you and the rest of your troop pack up and arrive a few minutes later, only to meet a very disappointed key ring Pokémon with no treasure to be had, you try to think about what the best course of action could be here when you hear a sudden crow that creeps you all out, “Muuurrrrrr….” its low rumbling soon present on the wind, “Krrrrrooooow.”

It’s distinct enough for the four of you all to hear, it was coming up higher on the rocky cliff hill side, there was a small hiking path that lead up but the fog on top obscured your vision from seeing any further than that, of course there was no point waiting around to investigate, not to one as dedicated to his work as Detective Grump was, he lead the charge upward with everyone following suit.

When you finally make it up to the surface you hear the audible crow of the familiar bird again, “Murrrrrr….Kroooooow!”

This leads the group to traverse deeper into the fog and soon find a large old villa seating on top of the edge, in its heyday it was probably gorgeous, upscale and would be too expensive for any ordinary trainer to afford a stay there but now…it was run down and in desperate need of repair. You hear the crow of the “Murkrow!” Get your attention one last time and almost as if someone had used Defog to dispel the murky fog surrounding it, more of the large villa came into view, Spoink oinks to notify you all that the dark type bird that had been cawing this whole time was seating on top of the front door’s rams head architectural, as you walk towards it, it flies away upon your arrival, disappearing further away into the outer fog.

Leaving you four at the front stoop of the villa, leaving only to ring the doorbell…
As Locke traveled along the lake, the dense fog prevented him from seeing much further than half a foot in front of him, his only guide being the gentle echo of waves lapping against the shoreline. A slight salty breeze began to blow though, indicating he might be nearing his goal as he hurried towards the sea while the sand beneath slowly shifted to stone. Soon he came across a mountainous heap of boulders seemingly blocking a cave entrance by the bay, but try as he might there was no way to shift or squeeze between.

Meanwhile, the others finished their lunch and packed up the picnic spread - only to realize one of their party members was missing. They chased after in a panic, calling out for the keyring until they finally heard a jingling in the distance - and arrived to find Locke struggling to lift a large rock, determined to reach whatever tantalizing treasure lay behind it. Jess considered calling out Rocky to clear the obstacle, but the precariously stacked pile appeared rather risky to brute force their way through, too easy to topple and cause a collapse in.

Just then, a sudden crooning cry like a siren carried on the wind to their ears, sending chills creeping down their spines. As if entranced, they obeyed the summon to scale the cliffside; making their way along a winding path to the summit, still surrounded by murkiness on all sides as they blindly bumbled along the bluff. Upon reaching the peak, they were met with the sight of a gorgeous, gargantuan mansion - clearly derelict from disuse and weathered from the elements, but still standing as a testament to wealth and extravagance despite how worn down the estate's exterior was, as Jess wondered just how expensive a stay at such a luxuriously exquisite vacation home might cost when in its pristine prestige.

As they approached the looming lodge, the surrounding mist seemed to disperse like magic until they were able to overlook the scenic oceanside view. Pickle peered up at the majestic manor in awe, and the Spoink spotted a dark shadow sitting above the entrance, squeaking to alert the others. Perched on a ram's head relief was the source of the squawking sound from earlier, as the Murkrow cawed once more before flying off into the haze. With no other viable options for making progress, it seemed the villa's vestiges might be their best bet to hunt for clues in case a guest happened to leave behind a lead on alternative access to the "tréasure". ...Or, if by some miracle any resident was still present, they could just outright ask for shelter and directions. (With how spotty reception was here - especially given her outdated PokéGear - perhaps there might even be a phone they could use to contact informational assistance.) Thus the group gulped before steeling themselves to knock on the front gate, prepared to try and peek inside anyway if they received no response (with the aid of Locke's, *ahem*, "specialized skills" should the door prove rather "difficult" to open)...
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 01:03 PM   #22
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Kiss me in the corridor but quick to tell me goodbye

blu3shift-

Seeing the hunger of the Venipede on your shoulder, you act. You send out your Castform, who seems to be despondent to your presence. Considering the circumstances around it, that made sense. You were worried about it being confined within the Pokeball, but it was okay with that. After all, most Pokeballs were small, virtual worlds where the Pokemon could experience whatever it wanted within.

Asking the Castform for help, it agreed. You watched as the small cloud floated towards the giant tree and heard a loud BONK. The headbutt squarely hit the tree, and apples started to fall. Some of the sleeping Pokemon were startled by the falling apples hitting the ground. Yet, for the most part, they were unscathed. The only Pokemon that was hit was a Munchlax, who groggily looked around in pain. It, however, did not go aggressive and instead started to devour the apple that it hit.

Before you can retrieve an apple for it, you watch as the Venipede leaps from your shoulder. One of the apples had rolled close to you all, and the little bug went to work. Putting its mouth onto the apple, it started to drain the juices and sugary flesh. You watched as the color started to drain from the apple, and all that was left was deflated, grayish skin. The Venipede looked at you, happily.

However, you hear a weird crunching sound and see the Munchlax snacking on the fruit leather. It then looks at you, and its stomach rumbles. Oh... oh no. These Pokemon were ravenous voids, at the end of the day. While the baby stage was much easier to deal with... it was still a Munchlax. And it was hungry. It was best to try and have it consume its fill before it had a tantrum.

What do you do?

Missingno. Master-

Hearing what you presume was Spectrier, you and your Pokemon run. Heading towards the flowery hill, you hear the sound of galloping in the distance. Whatever it was, it was moving now. And moving at a lightning pace. After a few minutes, you finally reach the top of the hill. Strands of chewed flowers and grasses were evident, but you saw nothing of the creature you were looking for. Some greens seemed... out of place here.

You look out, gazing out from the hills. Where was it? Where was your prize? Almost certainly, you'd be able to get at least a glimpse here. This wild horse chase was starting to get a little tiring. This was your first real sign after trending these grasslands for hours. Your Rhyperior was looking tired now, especially after that brush-in with the Oddish horde.

And then you see it. While it was hard to make out, you saw an equine figure off in the distance. The grasses obscured it, but you could see a glorious mane. The colors were all melding together, especially with the greens against it. It was off, disappearing into the large hills that made up the fjord. It was mystifying to see the creature move in its beauty. Yet, it seems the grasslands were now a bust.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-11-2024, 08:10 PM   #23
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
blu3shift-

Seeing the hunger of the Venipede on your shoulder, you act. You send out your Castform, who seems to be despondent to your presence. Considering the circumstances around it, that made sense. You were worried about it being confined within the Pokeball, but it was okay with that. After all, most Pokeballs were small, virtual worlds where the Pokemon could experience whatever it wanted within.

Asking the Castform for help, it agreed. You watched as the small cloud floated towards the giant tree and heard a loud BONK. The headbutt squarely hit the tree, and apples started to fall. Some of the sleeping Pokemon were startled by the falling apples hitting the ground. Yet, for the most part, they were unscathed. The only Pokemon that was hit was a Munchlax, who groggily looked around in pain. It, however, did not go aggressive and instead started to devour the apple that it hit.

Before you can retrieve an apple for it, you watch as the Venipede leaps from your shoulder. One of the apples had rolled close to you all, and the little bug went to work. Putting its mouth onto the apple, it started to drain the juices and sugary flesh. You watched as the color started to drain from the apple, and all that was left was deflated, grayish skin. The Venipede looked at you, happily.

However, you hear a weird crunching sound and see the Munchlax snacking on the fruit leather. It then looks at you, and its stomach rumbles. Oh... oh no. These Pokemon were ravenous voids, at the end of the day. While the baby stage was much easier to deal with... it was still a Munchlax. And it was hungry. It was best to try and have it consume its fill before it had a tantrum.

What do you do?
"...Hey, why do you trust me that much? I didn't even do anything for you before now." Elijah couldn't understand Pokémon—there's no way that he could—but a little bit of him hoped that he'd know why the Venipede took to him immediately. It seemed far too outlandish for one to just drop out of the sky and immediately warm up to someone, but here he was, trying to hold a conversation with something that he thought would kill him if he ever saw one just a few hours ago. And then tried to comfort him, which it definitely didn't need to do, but he... appreciated it. He tried to dwell on the day's events up to that point a little more, but various thudding noises drew him out of his thoughts.

A few apples had hit the ground—and a few other Pokémon, apparently, judging by the startled expressions on their faces. Maybe they'd talk over lunch (or dinner, whatever time it was). Elijah started to approach one but the Venipede was clearly eager to get its stubby feet on one first, somehow managing to, uh, drain it. With a pleased expression, no less. Elijah would have shrugged it off if it weren't for one of the Pokémon that had been startled earlier walking over and devouring the desiccated remains of the Venipede's apple, and then looking at him hungrily.

"You better feed that Munchlax," Ion warned, informing Elijah of what Pokémon he was looking at in the process. "They eat a lot. And they kinda get fussy when they don't."

Oh crap. Elijah's eyes went wide as they rapidly scanned the forest floor. He didn't immediately spot any other apples around him (which was disappointing, he needed to eat too), and he wasn't about to run and somehow attempt to forage for something else. He frantically pondered for a bit before his face lit up in realization.

"Uh, hey, didn't I pick up a few berries earlier? Which one is the most filling?" Elijah asked Ion, his words very pointed in near panic.

Ion thought for a moment. "Oh yeah, you did! I think you have a couple Sitrus Berries? Those are pretty dense according to this website that I just found."

"Alright..."

Elijah slid his backpack off of his shoulders, dropping it to the ground and unzipping it to reveal its contents. He dug through its rather disorganized contents for a few seconds before coming up with what he was looking for; the berry bag that he'd gotten with his starter kit. He unsealed it and stared at its multicolored innards, obviously perplexed.

Ion noticed. "The yellow ones with spots on them," he informed Elijah.

Nodding, Elijah took a Sitrus Berry (1/2) out from the pouch and tossed it at the Munchlax, only for it to land about a foot to its left. Of course his bad aim was going to screw him over. Elijah was absolutely panicking at this point, but he forced an incredibly awkward smile nevertheless in a pitiful attempt to not seem like a threat.

God, he was so out of his element.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:00 PM   #24
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master-

Hearing what you presume was Spectrier, you and your Pokemon run. Heading towards the flowery hill, you hear the sound of galloping in the distance. Whatever it was, it was moving now. And moving at a lightning pace. After a few minutes, you finally reach the top of the hill. Strands of chewed flowers and grasses were evident, but you saw nothing of the creature you were looking for. Some greens seemed... out of place here.

You look out, gazing out from the hills. Where was it? Where was your prize? Almost certainly, you'd be able to get at least a glimpse here. This wild horse chase was starting to get a little tiring. This was your first real sign after trending these grasslands for hours. Your Rhyperior was looking tired now, especially after that brush-in with the Oddish horde.

And then you see it. While it was hard to make out, you saw an equine figure off in the distance. The grasses obscured it, but you could see a glorious mane. The colors were all melding together, especially with the greens against it. It was off, disappearing into the large hills that made up the fjord. It was mystifying to see the creature move in its beauty. Yet, it seems the grasslands were now a bust.

What do you do?
With some sign of Spectrier's presence, Maribel broke out into a run, with Trevenant and Rhyperior bringing up the rear. Nothing was said as they chased the source of the sound- of the neighing, of the swift galloping- whatever this was, it was on the move, and it was fast!

At last, they reached the top of the hill. Nothing to be found, however... in the way of Pokémon, anyway- as Maribel looked, she observed that there were chewed flowers and grasses to be seen here. Was Spectrier here and it just paused to eat?

"Rhyyyy!" Rhyperior exclaimed suddenly, pointing off in the distance.

"...Oh!" breathed Maribel. She followed Rhyperior's gaze, and saw it at last. A magnificent equine figure with a glorious mane, and it was moving fast, off towards the Sapphire Fjord. "That was... that was Spectrier!" she exclaimed. "I was right- it does exist, and it is here! And it's absolutely gorgeous- those pictures didn't do it justice at all! Now I'm even more sure- I've just gotta catch it! Ready to give chase, Rhyperior?"

"Rhy... Rhy..." Rhyperior panted in response. This caught Maribel's attention, and she turned to see just how worn out the Ground/Rock-type was.

"...I'm sorry, Rhyperior, I didn't realize this was wearing you out," she said gently. "You were magnificent so far, OK? Wanna take a rest in your ball?" she offered.

"Rhyyyy," Rhyperior responded with a small nod.

Maribel smiled, holding out the Poké Ball. "Come back now, Rhyperior!" she stated, as the ball proceeeded to withdraw its occupant. Then, she turned to Trevenant. "How about you, Trevenant?" she asked. "Need a rest?"

"No way, I'm psyched!" grinned Trevenant.

Maribel grinned back. "Then let's get moving!" she replied. And with that, Trainer and Pokémon, sister and brother, the two were off at once, dashing off in the direction Spectrier had gone- off towards the massive hills of the Sapphire Fjord.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:58 AM   #25
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick You say that you're no good for me

blu3shift-

You panicked as the Munchlax headed towards you. With its hungry maw agape, eyes fixated on the new presence. Your phone soon warned you that it would be best to just feed it. These Pokemon were almost always hungry. Or sleeping. Eat. Sleep. Eat. Sleep. That was the daily cycle, after all. The things you were guaranteed to do until your very last breath. And some creatures decided that would be their only thing in life. Such a simple, blissful life.

So, scrambling through your bag, you procured a Sitrus Berry. Filled with nutritional value, these berries easily healed Pokemon in need. So, you try and throw it into the Munchlax's mouth. Try you did, and you watch the berry soar. Before it bounced next to the Munchlax. It bruised slightly, but the normal type went over and picked it up. Giving the berry a sniff, the creature unhinged its jaw. And ate it in one giant bite. At least it wasn't eating like a snake.

The Munchlax then looked at you and looked at your bag. With an excited 'Munchlax', it runs up and snatches the bag. You could only watch in terror as the Munchlax started to rummage through your belongings, it tossed whatever wasn't edible aside. You see a moment of weakness as it takes your other Sitrus Berry... and eats it. You needed to find out a way to stop this little glutton before it ate everything you owned!

What do you do?

Missingno. Master-

Recalling your rocky steed, you and your Trevenant started to run off towards the fjord. The grasses recede in both size and abundance, and they soon start to become more tundra-like. Here you could see the ground start to rise higher and higher. These hills were most certainly going to prove a problem. And of course, there was always the risk of going over a hill and meeting a very deep drop into the river.

You look at the hoofprints once again. They were a lot fresher, most certainly from that equine beauty you had seen. Yet, they also looked familiar. Was this really Spectrier? It had to be. Most equine Pokemon had the same type of hoofprint. And that majesty you observed. It had to be the spectral steed you'd call your home.

So, you and your Trevenant started to follow the tracks. You can see it stop at small brushes and vegetation. A small bite, before the foliage was spat back out. Quite the picky eater, wasn't it? Well, it was most assuredly looking for its favorite food. Shaderoot Carrots. Yet, none of these matched the root vegetable. You knew of its existence here, so it most assuredly was trying to find the carrots. Perhaps beating it to the punch would allow you to befriend it more easily? However, there was always the risk of losing it again. Even if it was ahead of you now, you had its fresh tracks. And the hilly landscape would most assuredly slow it down.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles