UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 04-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Your dream house! City or Country?

So UPN, what's your preferred habitat?

Would you rather be in clean, wholesome suburbia? Or would you rather be in the city, where all the action happens?

Also: if you had millions of dollars/pounds/euros/yen/whatever, and could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Re: Your dream house! City or Country?

I've always had a thing for floating fortresses. Could that be obtained? Preferably with flying sharks with lasers in the floating moat.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

I'm a city girl. Country living would bore me. I like the anonymity and complexity of city life.
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

I like the city, but I'd also like to live in a semi-rural area like the town from Everwood or Arachnophobia when I want to be a recluse.

I hate suburbia and it's cheapness, I'd like to leave the world where driving rules the day.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #5
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Dude, I'm already living in the most awesome place ever. It's always morning and is full of happiness. This place is in my head is called birtha land!

Okay, in all seriousness.....

As a person who hates loud noises and people, I'd rather stay in the rural place I'm living in right now. This place has like nothing, but if I need anything, I can just drive to the next town. As for something to keep me occupied, I have my trusty computer =D
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

I'm living in suburbia right now, and I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd want to live. It's a nice community, relatively no crime, and it's based around a lake. I plan to at least try to get a house here when I'm in the market for one.
Betagold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Suburbia is awesome but I don't know if it's sustainable in the long run. Some already say "NO!" quite adamantly. Putting the debate aside, if we say I have to pick between the country and the city, then it'd have to be the city for me, definitely. But I do enjoy the colors and scenery and such of the country, and you at least get some of that in suburbia. Sorry, cities, but public parks just don't cut it.

This thread necro courtesy of a bot swarm we're having right now + my curiosity to see what the bots were reading.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
If I could, I'd live in the middle of no where, somewhere in the north where there's more polar bears than people. I enjoy my solitude and people tend to make me feel crazy.
Trepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepie View Post
If I could, I'd live in the middle of no where, somewhere in the north where there's more polar bears than people. I enjoy my solitude and people tend to make me feel crazy.
>Location: Ontario, Canada

Aren't you already living the dream?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #10
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
>Location: Ontario, Canada

Aren't you already living the dream?
Ontario is a big place >> I live in southwestern Ontario, which is actually further south than a good portion of the US is. Southern Ontario is one of the more populated regions in the country which means lots of people that drive me up the wall. Also the only Polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo, and snow melts in March/April not July. It's not like crossing the boarder breaks some magic barrier between the arctic and the US. :p

No when I say north I mean the Arctic/Tundra/Boreal forest. Which means driving north for about 2 days straight. I want to live where it starts getting cold in August. Where you can see more stars than street lights. Where beaches are too cold for people to swim at. Plus seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list of shit to do before I kick it and you have to go hella far north to see the full show. I've seen them once, and I was only on Manitoulin island which isn't that far north and the little I saw was worth watching again.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 AM   #11
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
I live in southwestern Ontario, which is actually further south than a good portion of the US is.
How's that even possible?

Quote:
Southern Ontario is one of the more populated regions in the country which means lots of people that drive me up the wall. Also the only Polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo, and snow melts in March/April not July. It's not like crossing the boarder breaks some magic barrier between the arctic and the US. :p
BPK lived in Saskatchewan, I suppose you could move there and get some solitude.

As for polar bears, you could design traps - have a dumpster open, but with a string attached to a tree and a bucket filled with white paint attached. When a brown bear forages, all of a sudden, you've got yourself a white Christmas!

Quote:
No when I say north I mean the Arctic/Tundra/Boreal forest. Which means driving north for about 2 days straight. I want to live where it starts getting cold in August. Where you can see more stars than street lights. Where beaches are too cold for people to swim at. Plus seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list of shit to do before I kick it and you have to go hella far north to see the full show. I've seen them once, and I was only on Manitoulin island which isn't that far north and the little I saw was worth watching again.
I've seen the aurora before.

On TV though. :V

Trepie, you should totally play Remember11, a visual novel a bunch of UPNers played last October. It's set in a cold northern mountain, with much of the wilderness feel you're craving. It's also a science fictions story, and is legitimately moving.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Well that explains the gang violence and all that mexican food we've been eating.

Quote:
BPK lived in Saskatchewan, I suppose you could move there and get some solitude.

As for polar bears, you could design traps - have a dumpster open, but with a string attached to a tree and a bucket filled with white paint attached. When a brown bear forages, all of a sudden, you've got yourself a white Christmas!
Saskatchewan is so desperate for people to live there they were actually paying people's rent at one time. So it's a possibility anyways, prairies here I come.

I don't even have brown bears where I live >> I'd be more likely to end up with a 350 pound 40 year old covered in white paint and dumpster garbage. Entertainment value of that aside, if I wanted to see that I could just go watch them paint Mcdonalds dumpster.

Quote:
I've seen the aurora before.

On TV though. :V

Trepie, you should totally play Remember11, a visual novel a bunch of UPNers played last October. It's set in a cold northern mountain, with much of the wilderness feel you're craving. It's also a science fictions story, and is legitimately moving.
Hmm looks interesting, I'll have to look into it. My track record with Video games lately has been crap though. I keep trying to beat the games that I've failed to beat yet and lets just say I'm easily distracted. Wild arms 2, take 4 currently.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc