UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMana View Post
...Er, MM? I don't think Split Up is a good name for it. That's waaaay too close to Spit Up, which is a completely different bag of beans.
Fair point, didn't think of that. Trouble is, Copycat's that one Custom Move I mentioned that absolutely needs a new name. Maybe something like Psysplit, then?
Old 05-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #27
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Maybe just call it Body Double or something? Maybe Replicate?
Old 05-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #28
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I'd definitely still like to see the His and Her Heart Pendant become the Cor Sōlis and Cor Lūnae/Heart of the Sun and Moon. I know they work for all 'mon now, but the names still imply an unnecessary heteronormativity.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:22 PM   #29
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

So I saw at one point on discord people not knowing what custom items have been made/introduced and that someone should make a list.

I got bored so I did.

This excluded any flavor text-y things for items that only gave levels or taught MT/EM, as well as things (mostly plushies) that only taught moves from the games (or did that and levels, etc) and non-standard TMs. Also excluding anything that was not in the Hall of Records because that's the only place I looked.

CUSTOM BALLS
  • Type Balls (Type effective against if not directly in name)
    • Fire Ball
    • Thunder Ball (Electric)
    • Psychic Ball
    • Ghost Ball
    • Leaf Ball (Grass)
    • Poison Ball
    • Fighting Ball
    • Rocket Ball (Dark & Poison)
    • Bug Ball
    • Dragon Ball
    • Flying Ball
    • Ground Ball
    • Rock Ball
    • Steel Ball
    • Ice Ball
    • Snow Ball (Also Ice)
    • Fairy Ball
    • Normal Ball
    • Franken Ball (Steel)
    • Pumpkin Ball (Grass)
  • Mummy Ball (Increased rate if your Pokemon has a ribbon)
  • Were Ball (Canine Pokemon)
  • Vampire Ball (Pokemon with fangs)
  • Space Ball (No bonus)
  • Valentine’s Ball (Can only hold a Pokemon w/ a “lifelong mate”)
  • Chocolate Ball (No bonus)
  • Gingerbread Ball (No bonus)
  • New Year’s Balls (No bonus)
  • Christmas Ball (No bonus but Stantler, Delibird, Snover, Deerling, or Cryogonal get two “Beauty Points” if in this and it opens with a flurry of snowflakes)
  • Feather Ball (Winged Pokemon)
  • Cyber Balls
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Violet
    • Orange
    • Aqua
    • Magenta
  • Raptor Ball (No bonus but was only in that one Raptor Island event years ago)
  • Cosplaychu Pokecon Ball (No known bonus & was only used with the Cosplaychu’s)
  • Special Master Balls (One time event things so variations not listed but was a thing)

CUSTOM MOVE ITEMS
  • Magical Chocolate Coated Carrot (teaches Chocolate Magic)
  • Box of Chocolates (teaches Chocolate Bomb)
  • Golden Fiddle (teaches Unfinished Symphony)
  • Merciless Pepper of Quetzlzacatenango (teaches Fire Shield)
  • Pika Doll (teaches Voodoo Bugaloo)
  • Magic Snowflake (teaches Ice Barrier)
  • Blueberry Slushie (teaches Brain Freeze)
  • Cranberry Vodka (teaches Firestream)
  • Red Magic Rose (teaches Thorns)
  • Black Magic Rose (teaches Fatal Attraction)
  • Magic Espeon Plushie (teaches FB!Copycat)
  • Very Hot Cross Bun (teaches Crossfire)
  • Magic Birthday Candle (teaches Blow Back)
  • Magic Gingerbread (teaches Can’t Catch Me)
  • Snow Globe (teaches Frosted Flake Fall)

CUSTOM MOVES
  • Chocolate Magic
  • Chocolate Bomb
  • Unfinished Symphony
  • Fire Shield
  • Voodoo Bugaloo
  • Ice Barrier
  • Brain Freeze
  • Firestream
  • Thorns
  • Fatal Attraction
  • FB!Copycat
  • Crossfire
  • Can’t Catch Me
    (Descriptions for all above moves found here)
  • Blowback (Description found here)
  • Frosted Flake Fall (Description found here)
  • Pumpkin Bomb (only learned by the Pumpkasaur)

CUSTOM ITEMS
  • Eerie Stone (1 time use; Acts as any evolution stone)
  • Bunny Ears (Held, Boost normal-type attacks)
  • Rabbit's Foot (Held, Boosts crit hit ratio)
  • Superhero Cape (Held, Allows holder to fly) *possibly with the move Fly but unclear
  • Flametongue (Held, Holder gets bonus to fire attacks & can't be frozen)
  • Aegis of Frost (Held, User gets defense boost)
  • Light Barrier (Held, Holder can't be crit hit, gains effects of Reflect & Light Screen & Safeguard for 5? turns if flung)
  • Shadow Lance (Held, Holder's attacks have higher chance of critting)
  • Chick Bonnet (Held, Holder moves faster for a period of time)
  • Bunny Bonnet (Held, Holder jumps higher for a period of time)
  • Rainbow Egg (Held, Holder may use to use Softboiled once a battle)
  • Mug of Fiery Fizzybrew beer (Held, Holder may drink and uses Flamethrower once per battle, After used has slight chance of belching up fire each turn at less power)
  • Northern Star Bangle (Held, Boosts health gained by healing moves)
  • Ruby Pendant (Held, When entering battle opponent of opposite gender might become attracted to holder)
  • Skull of the Forgotten Souls (Held, Once per battle holder may summon skeleton that either protects from an attack or attacks with Bonemerang but not both)
  • Werewolf Claws (Held, Boosts holder's attack & makes holder more likely to disobey orders)
  • Vampire Cape (Held, Boosts holder's special attack but reduces defense)
  • Zombie Mask (Held, Boosts special defense but makes opposing attack effects more likely like burn, confusion, etc.)
  • Mummy Bandages (Held, Boosts holder’s defense but lowers speed)
  • Scarecrow Vest (Held, Boosts holder’s speed but lowers accuracy of physical attacks)
  • His/Hers Heart Pendants (Held, holders attack power increases if both worn in battle)
  • Four Leaf Clover (Held, Holder’s accuracy is boosted)
  • Bubbling Cauldron (Held, Does a random thing when used, more than once/battle?:
    • The holder is healed 50%
    • The holder is Healed 100%
    • The holder is Damaged by 10%
    • The holder is afflicted with a Random Status effect
    • The holder is transformed into a random Pokemon (Updater and Ref discretion)
    • The holder and Opponent switch bodies until the end of the battle
    • The opponent is Damaged 10%
    • The opponent is Healed by 50%)
  • Heart Container (Held, After 4 hits holder can heal slightly)
  • Unicorn Horn (Held, When worn holder can use Horn Attack)
  • Bunny Suit (Held, When worn holder can jump higher and healing moves become more effective)
Old 06-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #30
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So this discussion can be wrapped up as well a bit.

I agree that we can just keep all the custom moves and items we have so far. There’s no real point in deleting these and putting members back this way. The method for obtaining them is still up for debate but for now I like having a few items that are event or staff exclusive. We can always look into this later and change them if necessary.

As for changing names. I don’t feel it’s really necessary, except for perhaps Copycat. (Multiply is honestly the easiest name I can think of myself.) I mean the names are part of the originality even if they are a mouthful. That said, if everyone can agree on set names without too much of a fuss then that can be easily done.

Thanks for collating a lot of the items. Below I have a list of all the FB items and moves introduced so far as far as I have been able to find. I’ve added a few that Roto mentioned even though I couldn’t find them myself (Superhero Cape and Four Leaf Clover for example.) In addition, I’ve added the Villainous Team Pokéballs that were once discussed in oldFB but were never finalised and introduced. We are still missing Team Skull and (if wanted) Team Aether Balls. Any suggestions on these? Also, for all of the type-specific balls, we seem to not have any for water types. Perhaps because it’s unnecessary since we have the Net and Dive Ball but perhaps we could introduce a Fizzy Bubble Ball to make up for it? It makes sense considering the name and that the origins of FB were about Water Pokémon only.

So I have 4 requests to ask of you:
-If you find any other item or move that I may be missing then please notify me (preferably with a link or some proof) and then we can add it to the list.
-What do you want the Team Skull and Team Aether Pokéballs to do?
-Should we make a Fizzy Bubble Ball for Water types?
-We are missing a great deal of sprites for some of these moves. Are there people interested in creating sprites for some of them perhaps?

Spoiler: show
FB Custom Items

Custom Pokéballs:
Type Pokéballs:
Bug Ball: Increases capture rate of Bug Pokémon
Dark Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark Pokemon.
Dragon Ball: Increases capture rate of Dragon Pokémon
Thunder Ball: Increases capture rate of Electric Pokémon
Fairy Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy Pokemon.
Fighting Ball: Increases capture rate of Fighting Pokémon
Fire Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire Pokémon
Flying Ball: Increases capture rate of Flying Pokémon
Ghost Ball: Increases capture rate of Ghost Pokémon
Leaf Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Ground Ball: Increases capture rate of Ground Pokémon
Snow Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokémon
Normal Ball: Increases capture rate of Normal Pokemon.
Poison Ball: Increases capture rate of Poison Pokémon
Psychic Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic Pokémon
Rock Ball: Increases capture rate of Rock Pokémon
Steel Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon

Holiday Pokéballs:
Valentine Ball: A special Pokéball that can only be used to hold a Pokémon who has a lifelong mate.
Chocolate Pokéball (Made of 100% pure chocolate). Works like a normal Pokéball. First appeared for Easter 2005.
Mummy Ball: Increases capture rate if your Pokémon has a Contest Ribbon
Wereball: Increases capture rate of Canine Pokémon
Franken Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon
Pumpkin Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Vampire Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon with fangs
Xmas Ball (Red & green Pokéball with a snowflake design and red blinking release button. A Pokémon is released from this ball in a flurry of snowflakes). Stantler, Delibird, Snover, Deerling, or Cryogonal will receive two Beauty Points if captured with this Pokéball. First appeared for Christmas 2004.
Gingerbread Ball: Works like a normal Pokeball.
Ice Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokemon.
New Year Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball.

Villanous Team Pokéballs:
Rocket Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark & Poison Pokémon.
Aqua Ball: Increases capture rate of Water & Dark Pokémon.
Magma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Ground Pokémon.
Plasma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Electric Pokémon.
Flare Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy & Dark Pokémon.

Event Pokéballs:
Raptor Ball: A special Pokéball only available upon Raptor Island
Limited Edition Halloween Master Ball (orange & black Pokéball with a pumpkin-shaped release button) Fizzy Zone Event 2003
Limited Edition Ice Master Ball (blue and white Pokéball with snowflake release button) Cloud Garden Winter Adventure
Limited Edition SS Tidal Master Ball (pretty blue Pokéball) SS Tidal Mystery Cruise

Other Pokéballs:
Blue Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Green Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Red Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Yellow Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Feather Ball: Increases capture rate of Winged Pokemon.
Space Ball: Works like a normal Pokeball.

Custom Moves:
Never-ending Birthday Candle
Blow-back
(Normal)
This move, when ordered your Pokemon inhales and blows out a powerful wind fromk their guts, this move may not seem much but when used this move could knock a Pokemon off of their feet, even make Projectiles fly back to the opponent. This move uses the same energies of a Bubblebeam.
Contest Type: Beauty
Effect: None
Appeal Points: <3 <3
Jam Points: <3

Blueberry Slushie
Brain Freeze
(Ice)
The user emits thin ice type waves from its mouth, the crystal effect floating towards the opponent and entering through any open pores in their skin. After one round the ice crystals start to attack the brain of the opponent, causing minor damage (the same amount that a confusion would hit). While the crystals attack the brain, the effect of brain freeze makes the opponent have a 10% chance of forgetting the move that was ordered last. Contest Category: Beauty
Contest Effect: Makes the last Pokémon to appeal lose.
Appeal Points <3 <3 <3
Jam Points: -

Gingerbread Man
Can't Catch Me
(Normal)
Using this move your Pokémon transforms into a miniature Gingerbread version of themselves, it makes all moves less likely to hit and for 3 Rounds until they revert back your Pokémon has the ability Run Away, but the one downside to this is all Teeth using moves cause x4 damage no matter what. The Move uses the same amount of energy that a Protect would use.

Box of Chocolates
Chocolate Bomb
(Normal)
The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the heart at their opponent which, on contact, explodes doing damage equal to Egg Bomb. When the heart shatters 3-5 little pieces of chocolate appear and can be eaten by anyone including the opponent. When eaten, the chocolate heals a small amount of HP equal to that of a Sitrus Berry.
Contest Category: Cute
Contest Effect: If Last to appeal uses a Cute Move, this move gives them + 2 appeal points and you +3 Appeal Points (+ regular appeal points)

Magical Chocolate Coated Carrot
Chocolate Magic
(Normal)
Once ordered, the user fires off a molten chocolate blast that hits for base power of approximately 65 points damage. Once the chocolate makes contact with the enemy it starts to "stickifiy" around them causing movement to drop by approximately 50% making it harder to dodge the opponent. The stickiness lasts for up to three rounds.
Contest Effect: Makes last Pokémon to appeal miss the next appeal stage.

Magical Espeon Plushie
Copycat
(Psychic)
User sacrifices half of its remaining health to summon two copies of itself. The copies move, breathe, talk, and attack at the same time as the user, also using the same attack/s ordered to the original Pokémon. The user's attack inflicts normal damage, with each clone inflicting half of that. When hit the copy will disappear, but the other will remain until hit again. The move "Copycat" can be used only once per battle, and the copies disappear after the third round or until they've been destroyed.
Contest Category: Smart
Contest Effect: Makes the next Pokémon to appeal nervous.
Appeal Points : <3 <3 <3 <3
Jam Points: <3 <3

Very Hot Cross Bun
Crossfire
(Fire)
Much Similar to the move Cross Chop, but with an added fiery bonus, when used the user's arms engulf in flames, when hit the opponent takes the same damage as Cross Chop and has a 10% Chance of being burned, the user if not a fire type takes small damage from the move for every second it's used and also has a 10% chance of being burned.
Contest Effect: + 2 Points if user is last to appeal
Appeal Points <3 <3
Jam Points <3

Magical Black Glass Rose
Fatal Attraction
(Dark/Psychic)
The user emits a dark pheromone into the air which, when it hits the opponent, will cause them to go into a state of attraction if they are of the opposite gender, their infatuation making them less likely to attack. Once the pheromone hits the blood stream, the damage over time effect occurs, the opponent receiving damage equivalent to Toxic. If the opponent's infatuation is broken, the damage subsides and all is normal.
Contest Category: Smart.
Contest Effect: Makes the first to appeal go last next round, and the user first.
Appeal Points: <3
Jam Points: <3 <3 <3

Merciless Pepper of Quetzlzacatenango
Fire Shield
(Fire)
Fire shield creates a shield of burning fire around your Pokémon which will protect it from one elemental or physical attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent Pokémon makes physical contact with the Fire Shield, there is a 10% chance of it being inflicted with the condition "Burn". One use only per battle.
Contest Category: Tough
Contest Effect: Can avoid being startled by others.

Cranberry Vodka
Firestream
(Fire)
This Cranberry Vodka makes the users throat burn so badly that they hiccup, expelling a fiery stream of molten hot bubbles. Oddly enough, the effect is so impressive that the Pokémon remembers how to perform the move without having to drink the vodka again. For approximately five seconds, the user forcefully spits out a stream of fiery, molten hot bubbles dealing very good damage at a constant rate. A slightly less powerful version of Flamethrower, yet the odds of being burned when the bubbles "pop" painfully on the opponent's skin is increased by approximately 20% due to the intensity of the heat trapped inside each bubble.
Contest Category: Beauty
Contest Effect: Appeals last in the next turn.
Appeal points <3 <3 <3.
Jam Points <3

Snow Globe
Frosted Flake Fall
(Ice)
Upon activation, the Pokemon summons a hail of razor sharp snowflakes, like its counterpart Hail, this fall of snowflakes last up to 5 turns, upon the end of each round the opponent takes damage from the flakes, a 10% more damage output than Hail due to the sharpness of the flakes.
Contest Category: Cool
Contest Effect: Makes the next two Pokémon to appeal nervous.
Appeal Points: <3 <3 <3

Magical Snowflake
Ice Barrier
(Ice)
Ice Barrier creates a shield of solid ice around your Pokémon which will protect it from one elemental or physical attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent Pokémon makes physical contact with the Ice Barrier, there is a 10% chance of it being inflicted with the condition "frozen". One use only per battle. Only Ice Types can learn this move.

Golden Fiddle
Unfinished Symphony
(Normal)
The user starts to sing a haunting melody causing a cloud of energy to swirl around their opponents head. When heard by any Pokémon other than the user, they fall into a confused state. The effects can last for up to three rounds, and throughout this time the opponent takes damage equal to that of Nightmare unless hit by a physical attack which will knock them out of their confusion.
Contest Effect: Makes all Pokémon appealing after the user Nervous in their appeals.

Pika Doll
Voodoo Bugaloo
(Psychic)
When used the Pokémon summons out a psychically charged voodoo doll image - energy usage equal to a confusion - which then dangles in front of them for 10 seconds. During this time the Pokémon can prod with one psychic pin to paralyse the opponent, holding them in place for 10 seconds. While paralysed, the opponent cannot use any moves other than moves that use the eyes. Voodoo Bugaloo is only usable once per battle.
Contest Effect: Makes the next Pokémon to appeal lose 2 appeal points with its move.

Magic Red Glass Rose
Thorns
(Grass)
Thorns embeds the opponent in a flurry of stinging thorns. Once embedded opponent will be under the condition thorns and will receive 1/16th damage per turn while effected until cured or fainted. Status can be cured by Pokémon Centre, Full Restore, Full Heal, or Lum Berry.

Custom Held Items:
Bubbling Cauldron
This Witches brew is as it looks a brew of bubbles and troubles, what will happen? Well in battle if used one of these things could happen:
- The holder is healed 50%
- The holder is Healed 100%
- The holder is Damaged by 10%
- The holder is afflicted with a Random Status effect
- The holder is transformed into a random Pokémon (Updater and Ref discretion)
- The holder and Opponent switch bodies until the end of the battle
- The opponent is Damaged 10%
- The opponent is Healed by 50%

Bunny Bonnet
With this little Bunny bonnet on your Pokémon’s head they will be able to jump a little bit higher than usual, so get those strategy books out and get making moves, but the downside to this is you can't use them on Flying Pokémon.

Bunny Ears
Boosts Normal type moves.

Chick Bonnet
When your Pokémon wears this bonnet they will have the power of Speed, for 5 Seconds your Pokémon will get a burst of Speed, but after those 5 seconds are up your little guy/girl will be just a little tiered for the next round to come, so be careful.

Cupid’s Bow and Arrow
When given to a Pokémon as a hold item, the Pokémon may attempt to strike an opposite gendered Pokémon for guaranteed attraction that will last 2 rounds or until the opposing Pokémon is struck by an attack. This may be used once per battle only, hit or miss.

Devil Horns
Boosts Fire type moves.

Heart Container
When hit the heart container fills up, once all 4 segments are filled up (4 hits) the user can use the container to heal themselves for 10% of their health.

Lucky Rabbit’s Foot
Increases Critical Hit chance.

Mug of Fiery Fizzybrew Beer
Just drink it up and in 10 seconds flat you'll belch out an intense flame of flaminess, the flame goes in a straight 2 foot line, if anyone stands in its way they get damage dealt in the power of a Flame thrower, and each round there’s a chance to belch out another flame, but the power going down each time it's belched (Flame Thrower, Flame wheel, Ember) Over the 3 rounds and each belch last for 6 second.

Rainbow Egg
Hold Effect: While held, the user is capable of using the move 'Softboiled' once during the battle.
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a 10 Power attack that lowers the target's accuracy by 2 level. Item is returned after battle.

Ruby Pendant
When attached to your Pokémon, and it enters battle the Opponent (of opposite gender) has a 25% chance of being attracted to your Pokémon.

Skull of the Forgotten Souls
For one round only the skull will summon a skeletal ally. When summoned the skeleton will either defend your Pokémon from attack for one round, or attack your opponent with a Bonemerang attack before it disappears. The effect can only happen once per battle and the user can chose only one effect, attack or defend.

Unicorn Horn
When worn holder can use Horn Attack.

Aegis of Frost
Effect: Holder gets +25% bonus to their DEF stat.
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a physical Ice Type attack with 60 power and a 10% chance to freeze the target.

Bunny Suit
This suit allows a Pokémon to jump 50% higher than usual and increases the effectiveness of its healing moves by 25%.

Dark Lance
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a Dark type physical attack with 75 power. The target's Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard are destroyed. Item returns after battle.
Hold Effect: User's attacks have +15% of critical hits.

Flametongue
Effect: Holder gets +25% bonus to the power of their physical fire type attacks . Additionally, the holder cannot become frozen while holding it.
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a physical Fire Type attack with 85 power and a 10% chance to burn the target.

Four-leaf Clover
Holder’s accuracy is boosted.

Light Barrier
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a Normal type defensive move with 0 power, but the user gains Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard effects on their side of the field. It lasts roughly twice as long as if it were normally performed.
Hold Effect: Holder cannot be critically hit.

Mummy Bandages
This item raises the holders Defences by 20% but reduces its speed by 20%.

Northern Star Bangle
Boosts the amount of health gained through moves with healing effects by 10% when held.

Scarecrow Vest
This item raises the holders speed by 20% but due to the extra speed the Pokémon is more prone to misses and loses 20% of its accuracy with physical attacks.

Superhero Cape
Allows holder to fly.

Vampire Cape
This item raises the holders Sp. Attack strength by 20% but reduces its defences by 20%.

Werewolf Claws
This item raises the holder’s Attack strength by 20% but makes the holder 20% more likely to disobey orders.

Zombie Mask
This item raises the holders Sp.Defence by 20% but attacks with added effects inflicted on it are 20% more likely to be successful (on top of the existing percentages).

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #31
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

1: Copycat obviously needs changing, that much we can all agree upon. Ultimately I don't think I'd be too bothered if we keep all the other names, though that being said, as long as the door is open here, I feel like a few of my ideas on that subject are at least worth consideration. Namely, Cookie Crumble (for Can't Catch Me), Stun Spell (for Voodoo Bugaloo), Smart Shield (for Defensive Shield), and Razor Snow (for Frosted Flake Fall).

2: Multiply works for Copycat, though I still kinda like my idea of Psysplit. That said, if I'm in the minority in liking Psysplit, I won't press the issue.

3: I like the idea of a Fizzy Ball for Water-types. I could even try and whip up a sprite for it.

4: The Skull Ball, I'm thinking that'd work best on Bug-types and Poison-types, considering Guzma and Plumeria's respective type specialties. The Aether Ball... Honestly, it'd make sense to have it work best against Ultra Beasts, though at best we're on the fence as to whether they should be catchable in FB... You know what? The Aether Foundation is all about Pokémon conservation, keeping them safe and happy... why not make it work like a Friend Ball or Luxury Ball? Instead of having an enhanced catch rate under certain circumstances, it simply increases Happiness in whatever you catch with it.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #32
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

POKÉBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS *shot* (Yes I still want to collect Pokéballs.)

More seriously though:
  • One who had collected many Pokéballs in the past AND kept said collection, I can fill in on the Pokéballs you missed! And... I gotta say you pretty much "caught them all" (There's a normal one? FUU- *adds to Emakiss*) The ONLY one I can tell you missed though is this one:
    • Limited Edition Pokécon 2016 Pokéball (Gold and black Pokéball with ruby release button) The Great Big Giveaway Bonanza (proof of its existence)
  • I do second MM's idea of the Team Skull Ball to have a higher catch rate for Bug and Poison types, but I would like to add a little more into his idea of the Aether Ball: how about not only it raises happiness like the Friend and/or Luxury Balls, but also heal Pokémon like the Heal Ball? I mean their Aether's main goal is not just keeping them safe and happy, it's to cure hurt Pokémon. So why not making it work like a Friend/Heal Balls mix?
  • I would LOVE to see a Fizzy Ball (totally not biased, nope). It would be a great thing to receive for this year's FB Day!
  • As much as I do have skills in spriting and would like to help, fully custom sprites are my weakness ^^; I hope someone would raise up to this task!

I would also like to add a few Pokéballs that are present in Canon, but isn't present in FB (or at least not mentioned in EAI's list and that I personally never saw one), so maybe we could introduce them in the future in special events?
  • Master Ball (a plain ol', non-custom one)
  • Sport Ball
  • Park Ball
  • Dream Ball
  • Beast Ball (even if we don't allow catching Ultra Beasts, it would be still cool to own and use it)
I could also add those seen only in the Anime, but I think that's going a little bit too far ^^;

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:23 PM   #33
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

There are a few Dream Balls out and about, I think, but they're pretty uncommon- they were exclusive to Dream World pokemon, and not everyone who somehow managed to make it all the trough that chose to get a new partner. I would love to see them become more readily available- though I might just be a bit salty that I couldn't get anything out that realm myself.

For completion's sake, there were four more Cyber Ball colors introduced during last year's Christmas event: Turquoise, Violet, Magenta, and Orange.

Wait, there were balls for teams other than Rocket? That's news to me! I'm also echoing MM on the Skull Ball, and seconding OM's take on the Aether one- it needs something to help it stand out a bit, right? Side note, there doesn't seem to be a Galactic Ball. Flying/Poison, anyone?

I'd say we hold off on the Beast Balls for the time being- as much as I would love to have a few, the fact remains that they are highly exclusive items in canon: only those working on the International Police's UB containment project can have them. If something comes along in the games to fix this issue, then we can set them out in the wild. Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #34
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
There are a few Dream Balls out and about, I think, but they're pretty uncommon- they were exclusive to Dream World pokemon, and not everyone who somehow managed to make it all the trough that chose to get a new partner. I would love to see them become more readily available- though I might just be a bit salty that I couldn't get anything out that realm myself.
Huh, I thought nobody was able to go through it and get a Dream Ball. The more you know!

Quote:
For completion's sake, there were four more Cyber Ball colors introduced during last year's Christmas event: Turquoise, Violet, Magenta, and Orange.
ARE YOU SERIOUS *types in Emakiss furiously*

Quote:
Wait, there were balls for teams other than Rocket?
Well they were never introduced, but they were in the works in the old FB's Development Thread in BMG, and although they were approved, they never got any chance to see the light of day.

Quote:
Side note, there doesn't seem to be a Galactic Ball. Flying/Poison, anyone?
Oh! I thought that was one that was in the works too! I guess we forgot about that one ^^; Don't remember what was previously chosen as the types either.

Quote:
I'd say we hold off on the Beast Balls for the time being- as much as I would love to have a few, the fact remains that they are highly exclusive items in canon: only those working on the International Police's UB containment project can have them. If something comes along in the games to fix this issue, then we can set them out in the wild. Those are just my thoughts on the matter.
Good point, and I agree!

(Sorry for the quote-fest, I'm a bit excited/hyped about Pokéball stuff )

Old 06-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #35
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, here's a sprite I whipped up for consideration for the Fizzy Ball;
Old 06-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #36
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

That is a pretty good sprite MM! ^^ Although to be completely honest, it feels like it's missing a little something; something... well, fizzy, to represent FB. So I got my hands on my photoshopping skills and see what I could whip up real quick based on what you made. Dunno if I achieved something better or what, but... you guys be the judge X)

Old 06-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #37
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
That is a pretty good sprite MM! ^^ Although to be completely honest, it feels like it's missing a little something; something... well, fizzy, to represent FB. So I got my hands on my photoshopping skills and see what I could whip up real quick based on what you made. Dunno if I achieved something better or what, but... you guys be the judge X)

Ooh, that's not bad at all!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #38
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

So, just going to throw something a little nitpicky out there. Consider the following item.

Quote:
Aegis of Frost
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a physical Ice Type attack with 60 power and a 10% chance to freeze the target.
This is fine and dandy, except for the bolded part. A numerical boost with no stat number system to back it up is essentially meaningless. We should rewrite these as something along the lines of "a one/two stage boost" or "roughly the increase of a Harden/Iron Defense" or something of the sort.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #39
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So another thing that was put on the backburner for a while. I’ll be addressing a few of the questions that arose and presenting a few new questions:

Missing Items
As usual, if there’s anything I’m missing, feel free to point it out.

Bond Moves
I’ve added a separate section on the bond moves and given them the descriptions I found. A few things are still missing such as contests stats but mostly I want to know if these were the latest and correct descriptions.

Renaming Custom Moves
Personally I’m not much in favour of changing things too much unless there’s a good reason or a wide interest. Copycat however has been changed to Psysplit as I’ve heard no other preferences.

Missing Pokéballs
There was a Team Galactic Pokéball already made and I missed it. It was decided to have an increased capture rate for Psychic and Dragon types. It has been added to the list. The other Cyber Balls and Event Balls have also been added to the list alongside the Fizzy Bubble Ball.

Not-missing Pokéballs
Master Balls, Dream Balls, etc. are not added to this list as this list is meant purely for the custom moves and items FB has made so we have an easy list for reference. If you want one of those Pokéballs added to FB then that is a discussion for a different thread.

Team Skull Ball
Current favourite option is to go with increased capture for Bug and Poison types. I think this one makes the most sense as well. So unless anyone has any other suggestion?

Aether Ball
Increased happiness makes sense, as does the option of healing Pokémon, but I wonder if that might make it a bit obsolete considering we have quite a few happiness-increasing Pokéballs now as well as the fact that healing is a one-time gimmick. The other option I was considering was having it more in line with the other villainous teams and increasing the capture rate for certain types. Of the top of my head Psychic makes sense because of the two legendaries, the UB Necrozma and Faba. The other type could be Fairy.
What’s your preferable option for a Aether Ball?

Changing numbers to stages
Alto brings up a point that some of the older items increase/decrease stats with X percentage. For current FB it might make more sense to describe it in terms of tiers similar to stat-boosting moves like Iron Defense. My thoughts on this were having 5%-15% becoming a 1-stage increase/decrease and 16%-25% becoming a 2-stage increase/decrease.
Thoughts on how to handle this?

Missing Sprites (Photobucket)
Due to issues with Photobucket or something stupid) we seem to have lost the original sprite winners for the Team Magma and Team Galactic Balls (which I believe belonged to emp and/or Stark). I’ve added the other 2 options that existed for now. In addition, I can’t see OM’s Fizzy Bubble Ball design which had the preference.

Missing Sprites (2)
In addition to the above, we still need sprites for the following 16 items. Is anyone willing to claim a project and come up with a sprite for them?
(1)Team Skull Ball
(2)Aether Ball
(3)Magic Red Glass Rose
(4)Aegis of Frost
(5)Bunny Suit
(6)Dark Lance
(7)Flametongue
(8)Four-leaf Clover
(9)Light Barrier
(10)Mummy Bandages
(11)Northern Star Bangle
(12)Scarecrow Vest
(13)Superhero Cape
(14)Vampire Cape
(15)Werewolf Claws
(16)Zombie Mask

FB Custom Items and Moves

Custom Pokéballs:
Type Pokéballs:
Bug Ball: Increases capture rate of Bug Pokémon
Dark Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark Pokemon.
Dragon Ball: Increases capture rate of Dragon Pokémon
Thunder Ball: Increases capture rate of Electric Pokémon
Fairy Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy Pokemon.
Fighting Ball: Increases capture rate of Fighting Pokémon
Fire Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire Pokémon
Flying Ball: Increases capture rate of Flying Pokémon
Ghost Ball: Increases capture rate of Ghost Pokémon
Leaf Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Ground Ball: Increases capture rate of Ground Pokémon
Snow Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokémon
Normal Ball: Increases capture rate of Normal Pokemon.
Poison Ball: Increases capture rate of Poison Pokémon
Psychic Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic Pokémon
Rock Ball: Increases capture rate of Rock Pokémon
Steel Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon
Fizzy Ball: Increases capture rate of Water Pokémon

Holiday Pokéballs:
Valentine Ball: A special Pokéball that can only be used to hold a Pokémon who has a lifelong mate.
Chocolate Pokéball (Made of 100% pure chocolate). Works like a normal Pokéball. First appeared for Easter 2005.
Mummy Ball: Increases capture rate if your Pokémon has a Contest Ribbon
Wereball: Increases capture rate of Canine Pokémon
Franken Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon
Pumpkin Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Vampire Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon with fangs
Xmas Ball (Red & green Pokéball with a snowflake design and red blinking release button. A Pokémon is released from this ball in a flurry of snowflakes). Stantler, Delibird, Snover, Deerling, or Cryogonal will receive two Beauty Points if captured with this Pokéball. First appeared for Christmas 2004.
Gingerbread Ball: Works like a normal Pokeball.
Ice Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokemon.
New Year Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball.

Villanous Team Pokéballs:
Rocket Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark & Poison Pokémon.
Aqua Ball: Increases capture rate of Water & Dark Pokémon.
Magma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Ground Pokémon.
Galactic Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic & Dragon Pokémon.
Plasma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Electric Pokémon.
Flare Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy & Dark Pokémon.

Event Pokéballs:
Raptor Ball: A special Pokéball only available upon Raptor Island
Limited Edition Halloween Master Ball (orange & black Pokéball with a pumpkin-shaped release button) Fizzy Zone Event 2003
Limited Edition Ice Master Ball (blue and white Pokéball with snowflake release button) Cloud Garden Winter Adventure
Limited Edition SS Tidal Master Ball (pretty blue Pokéball) SS Tidal Mystery Cruise
Limited Edition Pokécon 2016 Pokéball (Gold and black Pokéball with ruby release button) The Great Big Giveaway Bonanza

Other Pokéballs:
Blue Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Green Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Red Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Yellow Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Turquoise Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Violet Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Magenta Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Orange Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Feather Ball: Increases capture rate of Winged Pokemon.
Space Ball: Works like a normal Pokeball.

Bond Moves:
Gummi Bomb (Various)
The user creates a bomblet of their latent inner energy and throws it at the foe, doing moderate damage. The move's type is dependent on the user's own hidden power.

Guardian Terrain (Normal)
The user draws upon their bond with their trainer to create a glyph on the surface, which expands and surrounds the battlefield in the Guardian Terrain field effect. Guardian Terrain affects all pokemon and gives them immunity to damage from moves of their own type, while increasing the damage they deal with moves of their own type by 50%. Guardian Terrain also prevents the pokemon within from being afflicted by burns or freezing, and will last 5 turns. Guardian Terrain is affected by the Terrain Extender, and will override any terrain effect currently up while preventing weather from having any effect on the battle.

Defensive Shield (Normal)
After your Pokemon attacks first, there is a 50% chance, they will anticipate a move and an Energy Shield will automatically be raised, if your Pokemon will attack second, they have a 25% chance of anticipating and will take the next attack and either taking the damage reducing it by 50% or taking the attack and reducing damage to 0, this can only be used once per round.
Contest Type: Smart
Contest Effect: Cuts the next Pokemon to appeals points in half.
Jam Points: <3 <3 <3 <3

Custom Moves:
Blow-back
(Normal)
This move, when ordered your Pokemon inhales and blows out a powerful wind fromk their guts, this move may not seem much but when used this move could knock a Pokemon off of their feet, even make Projectiles fly back to the opponent. This move uses the same energies of a Bubblebeam.
Contest Type: Beauty
Effect: None

Blueberry Slushie
Brain Freeze
(Ice)
The user emits thin ice type waves from its mouth, the crystal effect floating towards the opponent and entering through any open pores in their skin. After one round the ice crystals start to attack the brain of the opponent, causing minor damage (the same amount that a confusion would hit). While the crystals attack the brain, the effect of brain freeze makes the opponent have a 10% chance of forgetting the move that was ordered last. Contest Category: Beauty
Contest Effect: Makes the last Pokémon to appeal lose.
Appeal Points <3 <3 <3

Gingerbread Man
Can't Catch Me
(Normal)
Using this move your Pokémon transforms into a miniature Gingerbread version of themselves, it makes all moves less likely to hit and for 3 Rounds until they revert back your Pokémon has the ability Run Away, but the one downside to this is all Teeth using moves cause x4 damage no matter what. The Move uses the same amount of energy that a Protect would use.

Box of Chocolates
Chocolate Bomb
(Normal)
The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the heart at their opponent which, on contact, explodes doing damage equal to Egg Bomb. When the heart shatters 3-5 little pieces of chocolate appear and can be eaten by anyone including the opponent. When eaten, the chocolate heals a small amount of HP equal to that of a Sitrus Berry.
Contest Effect: If Last to appeal uses a Cute Move, this move gives them + 2 appeal points and you +3 Appeal Points (+ regular appeal points)

Chocolate Magic
(Normal)
Once ordered, the user fires off a molten chocolate blast that hits for base power of approximately 65 points damage. Once the chocolate makes contact with the enemy it starts to "stickifiy" around them causing movement to drop by approximately 50% making it harder to dodge the opponent. The stickiness lasts for up to three rounds.
Contest Effect: Makes last Pokémon to appeal miss the next appeal stage.

Magical Espeon Plushie
Psysplit (formerly Copycat)
(Psychic)
User sacrifices half of its remaining health to summon two copies of itself. The copies move, breathe, talk, and attack at the same time as the user, also using the same attack/s ordered to the original Pokémon. The user's attack inflicts normal damage, with each clone inflicting half of that. When hit the copy will disappear, but the other will remain until hit again. The move "Psysplit" can be used only once per battle, and the copies disappear after the third round or until they've been destroyed.
Contest Effect: Makes the next Pokémon to appeal nervous.
Appeal Points : <3 <3 <3 <3

Very Hot Cross Bun
Crossfire
(Fire)
Much Similar to the move Cross Chop, but with an added fiery bonus, when used the user's arms engulf in flames, when hit the opponent takes the same damage as Cross Chop and has a 10% Chance of being burned, the user if not a fire type takes small damage from the move for every second it's used and also has a 10% chance of being burned.
Contest Effect: + 2 Points if user is last to appeal
Appeal Points <3 <3
Jam Points <3

Magical Black Glass Rose
Fatal Attraction
(Dark/Psychic)
The user emits a dark pheromone into the air which, when it hits the opponent, will cause them to go into a state of attraction if they are of the opposite gender, their infatuation making them less likely to attack. Once the pheromone hits the blood stream, the damage over time effect occurs, the opponent receiving damage equivalent to Toxic. If the opponent's infatuation is broken, the damage subsides and all is normal.
Contest Category: Smart.
Contest Effect: Makes the first to appeal go last next round, and the user first.

Fire Shield
(Fire)
Fire shield creates a shield of burning fire around your Pokémon which will protect it from one elemental or physical attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent Pokémon makes physical contact with the Fire Shield, there is a 10% chance of it being inflicted with the condition "Burn". One use only per battle.
Contest Category: Tough

Cranberry Vodka
Firestream
(Fire)
This Cranberry Vodka makes the users throat burn so badly that they hiccup, expelling a fiery stream of molten hot bubbles. Oddly enough, the effect is so impressive that the Pokémon remembers how to perform the move without having to drink the vodka again. For approximately five seconds, the user forcefully spits out a stream of fiery, molten hot bubbles dealing very good damage at a constant rate. A slightly less powerful version of Flamethrower, yet the odds of being burned when the bubbles "pop" painfully on the opponent's skin is increased by approximately 20% due to the intensity of the heat trapped inside each bubble.
Contest Effect: Appeals last in the next turn.
Appeal points <3 <3 <3.
Jam Points <3

Snow Globe
Frosted Flake Fall
(Ice)
Upon activation, the Pokemon summons a hail of razor sharp snowflakes, like its counterpart Hail, this fall of snowflakes last up to 5 turns, upon the end of each round the opponent takes damage from the flakes, a 10% more damage output than Hail due to the sharpness of the flakes.

Magical Snowflake
Ice Barrier
(Ice)
Ice Barrier creates a shield of solid ice around your Pokémon which will protect it from one elemental or physical attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent Pokémon makes physical contact with the Ice Barrier, there is a 10% chance of it being inflicted with the condition "frozen". One use only per battle. Only Ice Types can learn this move.

Golden Fiddle
Unfinished Symphony
(Normal)
The user starts to sing a haunting melody causing a cloud of energy to swirl around their opponents head. When heard by any Pokémon other than the user, they fall into a confused state. The effects can last for up to three rounds, and throughout this time the opponent takes damage equal to that of Nightmare unless hit by a physical attack which will knock them out of their confusion.
Contest Effect: Makes all Pokémon appealing after the user Nervous in their appeals.

Pika Doll
Voodoo Bugaloo
(Psychic)
When used the Pokémon summons out a psychically charged voodoo doll image - energy usage equal to a confusion - which then dangles in front of them for 10 seconds. During this time the Pokémon can prod with one psychic pin to paralyse the opponent, holding them in place for 10 seconds. While paralysed, the opponent cannot use any moves other than moves that use the eyes. Voodoo Bugaloo is only usable once per battle.
Contest Effect: Makes the next Pokémon to appeal lose 2 appeal points with its move.

Magic Red Glass Rose
Thorns
(Grass)
Thorns embeds the opponent in a flurry of stinging thorns. Once embedded opponent will be under the condition thorns and will receive 1/16th damage per turn while effected until cured or fainted. Status can be cured by Pokémon Centre, Full Restore, Full Heal, or Lum Berry.

Custom Held Items:
Bubbling Cauldron
This Witches brew is as it looks a brew of bubbles and troubles, what will happen? Well in battle if used one of these things could happen:
- The holder is healed 50%
- The holder is Healed 100%
- The holder is Damaged by 10%
- The holder is afflicted with a Random Status effect
- The holder is transformed into a random Pokémon (Updater and Ref discretion)
- The holder and Opponent switch bodies until the end of the battle
- The opponent is Damaged 10%
- The opponent is Healed by 50%

Bunny Bonnet
With this little Bunny bonnet on your Pokémon’s head they will be able to jump a little bit higher than usual, so get those strategy books out and get making moves, but the downside to this is you can't use them on Flying Pokémon.

Bunny Ears
Boosts Normal type moves.

Chick Bonnet
When your Pokémon wears this bonnet they will have the power of Speed, for 5 Seconds your Pokémon will get a burst of Speed, but after those 5 seconds are up your little guy/girl will be just a little tiered for the next round to come, so be careful.

Cupid’s Bow and Arrow
When given to a Pokémon as a hold item, the Pokémon may attempt to strike an opposite gendered Pokémon for guaranteed attraction that will last 2 rounds or until the opposing Pokémon is struck by an attack. This may be used once per battle only, hit or miss.

Devil Horns
Boosts Fire type moves.

Heart Container
When hit the heart container fills up, once all 4 segments are filled up (4 hits) the user can use the container to heal themselves for 10% of their health.

Lucky Rabbit’s Foot
Increases Critical Hit chance.

Mug of Fiery Fizzybrew Beer
Just drink it up and in 10 seconds flat you'll belch out an intense flame of flaminess, the flame goes in a straight 2 foot line, if anyone stands in its way they get damage dealt in the power of a Flame thrower, and each round there’s a chance to belch out another flame, but the power going down each time it's belched (Flame Thrower, Flame wheel, Ember) Over the 3 rounds and each belch last for 6 second.

Rainbow Egg
Hold Effect: While held, the user is capable of using the move 'Softboiled' once during the battle.
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a 10 Power attack that lowers the target's accuracy by 2 level. Item is returned after battle.

Ruby Pendant
When attached to your Pokémon, and it enters battle the Opponent (of opposite gender) has a 25% chance of being attracted to your Pokémon.

Skull of the Forgotten Souls
For one round only the skull will summon a skeletal ally. When summoned the skeleton will either defend your Pokémon from attack for one round, or attack your opponent with a Bonemerang attack before it disappears. The effect can only happen once per battle and the user can chose only one effect, attack or defend.

Unicorn Horn
When worn holder can use Horn Attack.

Aegis of Frost

Bunny Suit
This suit allows a Pokémon to jump 50% higher than usual and increases the effectiveness of its healing moves by 25%.

Dark Lance
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a Dark type physical attack with 75 power. The target's Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard are destroyed. Item returns after battle.
Hold Effect: User's attacks have +15% of critical hits.

Flametongue
Effect: Holder gets +25% bonus to the power of their physical fire type attacks . Additionally, the holder cannot become frozen while holding it.
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a physical Fire Type attack with 85 power and a 10% chance to burn the target.

Four-leaf Clover
Holder’s accuracy is boosted.

Light Barrier
Fling Effect: Fling becomes a Normal type defensive move with 0 power, but the user gains Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard effects on their side of the field. It lasts roughly twice as long as if it were normally performed.
Hold Effect: Holder cannot be critically hit.

Mummy Bandages
This item raises the holders Defences by 20% but reduces its speed by 20%.

Northern Star Bangle
Boosts the amount of health gained through moves with healing effects by 10% when held.

Scarecrow Vest
This item raises the holders speed by 20% but due to the extra speed the Pokémon is more prone to misses and loses 20% of its accuracy with physical attacks.

Superhero Cape
Allows holder to fly.

Vampire Cape
This item raises the holders Sp. Attack strength by 20% but reduces its defences by 20%.

Werewolf Claws
This item raises the holder’s Attack strength by 20% but makes the holder 20% more likely to disobey orders.

Zombie Mask
This item raises the holders Sp.Defence by 20% but attacks with added effects inflicted on it are 20% more likely to be successful (on top of the existing percentages).
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:20 PM   #40
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Bond Moves
I’ve added a separate section on the bond moves and given them the descriptions I found. A few things are still missing such as contests stats but mostly I want to know if these were the latest and correct descriptions.

Team Skull Ball
Current favourite option is to go with increased capture for Bug and Poison types. I think this one makes the most sense as well. So unless anyone has any other suggestion?

Aether Ball
Increased happiness makes sense, as does the option of healing Pokémon, but I wonder if that might make it a bit obsolete considering we have quite a few happiness-increasing Pokéballs now as well as the fact that healing is a one-time gimmick. The other option I was considering was having it more in line with the other villainous teams and increasing the capture rate for certain types. Of the top of my head Psychic makes sense because of the two legendaries, the UB Necrozma and Faba. The other type could be Fairy.
What’s your preferable option for a Aether Ball?

Changing numbers to stages
Alto brings up a point that some of the older items increase/decrease stats with X percentage. For current FB it might make more sense to describe it in terms of tiers similar to stat-boosting moves like Iron Defense. My thoughts on this were having 5%-15% becoming a 1-stage increase/decrease and 16%-25% becoming a 2-stage increase/decrease.
Thoughts on how to handle this?
Alright, Discord discussion led me to account that the 50% damage boost to STAB moves is too strong for a defensive terrain, so Guardian Terrain will only grant immunity to moves of the pokemon's own type, and the burn/freeze immunity.

Bug/Poison for the Skull Ball works.

The Aether Ball, I'm not at all comfortable with existing altogether. Because Aether were pretty much under the influence of Nihilego's toxin and thus not acting correctly, calling them a villainous team is completely false and they really should not have their own villain ball. I feel very strongly here that the Aether Ball is technically the Beast Ball, which has the current effect of boosted catch rates on UBs, but if we're going with the plan that UBs are legendaries, then the Beast Balls should remain the Aether team ball, but with a higher catch rate on unnatural and alien pokemon, basically those which are either extraterrestrial or believed to be extraterrestrial, and ones which are most certainly inorganic in origin.

Changing numbers to stages also works for custom moves, which brings me to a major point of contrition: Many of the moves need major reworking. My thoughts to each move will be in {curly braces} and under the impression each move is going to be kept. I'll give critiques on the custom items later.

FB Custom Items and Moves

Bond Moves:
Gummi Bomb (Various)
The user creates a bomblet of their latent inner energy and throws it at the foe, doing moderate damage. The move's type is dependent on the user's own hidden power.
{Perfectly fine here.}

Guardian Terrain (Normal)
The user draws upon their bond with their trainer to create a glyph on the surface, which expands and surrounds the battlefield in the Guardian Terrain field effect. Guardian Terrain affects all pokemon and gives them immunity to damage from moves of their own type, while increasing the damage they deal with moves of their own type by 50%. Guardian Terrain also prevents the pokemon within from being afflicted by burns or freezing, and will last 5 turns. Guardian Terrain is affected by the Terrain Extender, and will override any terrain effect currently up while preventing weather from having any effect on the battle.
{Remove the bit in red here, and the move will be fine defensively.}

Defensive Shield (Normal)
After your Pokemon attacks first, there is a 50% chance, they will anticipate a move and an Energy Shield will automatically be raised, if your Pokemon will attack second, they have a 25% chance of anticipating and will take the next attack and either taking the damage reducing it by 50% or taking the attack and reducing damage to 0, this can only be used once per round.
{oh no - Knuckles, 1999.
This is ugly, hard to comprehend and completely and utterly outclassed by Protect, nowhere near befitting of a move only learned at max level and bond. What I'd suggest is that this act as either a full-turn Protective barrier that blocks all damage and effects for the turn it's used, or that it acts as a Counter+Mirror Coat+Protect, nullifying damage from an attack and sending the damage back at the foe as a typeless burst of energy.}

Custom Moves:
[size=1]Never-ending Birthday Candle
Blow-back
(Normal)
This move, when ordered your Pokemon inhales and blows out a powerful wind from their guts, this move may not seem much but when used this move could knock a Pokemon off of their feet, even make Projectiles fly back to the opponent. This move uses the same energies of a Bubblebeam.
{So basically this is Whirlwind.
Yeah, this description, like most of the CMs, is hard to read and makes no sense. I propose changing this so the move blows the opponent over and does damage based on the target's weight, where a lighter target takes more than a heavier one, while the true fatsoes would not be bothered. The projectile removing point can remain, and the move should really be Flying type.}

Blueberry Slushie
Brain Freeze
(Ice)
The user emits thin ice type waves from its mouth, the crystal effect floating towards the opponent and entering through any open pores in their skin. After one round the ice crystals start to attack the brain of the opponent, causing minor damage (the same amount that a confusion would hit). While the crystals attack the brain, the effect of brain freeze makes the opponent have a 10% chance of forgetting the move that was ordered last.
{Delayed confusion with a slight chance of a flinch.
I like the concept of this move, but feel it would be better if the wave of ice did the damage immediately and did moderate damage rather than minor. The chilling effect should be more of a decent chance of reducing the target's evasion one stage, as they would have trouble concentrating and dodging.}

Gingerbread Man
Can't Catch Me
(Normal)
{this move is dumb as shit and should really be axed.
...No. I'm dead serious. This is basically Minimize, only instead of dying to Stomp the user dies to biting moves. If we do have to keep this wasteful thing, I propose that the 'mini gingerbread version' thing be tossed into the endless vacuum of a black hole and instead the move be a two-stage evasion boost that has the downside of rendering the user to take more damage from contact moves.}

Box of Chocolates
Chocolate Bomb
(Normal)
{Whoa what the heck is this sitrus berry crap that is way overpowered.
Chocolate Bomb should really be a chocolate bomb, not a heart, though Egg Bomb level damage is fine with me. The healing part, however, should be dropped, because five sitrus berries is more than enough to undo all the damage taken and then some. Instead, the user should recuperate some of the damage dealt to the foe, a la Drain Punch.}

Chocolate Magic
(Normal)
{>65 points damage
This would be Good damage, correct? The 'stickifying' is a dodgy word, and I feel the move should simply do good damage and drop the foe's speed one stage.}

Magical Espeon Plushie
Psysplit (formerly Copycat)
(Psychic)
User sacrifices half of its remaining health to summon two copies of itself. The copies move, breathe, talk, and attack at the same time as the user, also using the same attack/s ordered to the original Pokémon. The user's attack inflicts normal damage, with each clone inflicting half of that. When hit the copy will disappear, but the other will remain until hit again. The move "Psysplit" can be used only once per battle, and the copies disappear after the third round or until they've been destroyed.
{Er, actually, this one's fine now. Half the health removed seems a lot though.}

Very Hot Cross Bun
Crossfire
(Fire)
{Basically fire cross chop. Come on Arn.
That latter half is very silly and complicated. The move would have been fine as doing [severe?] damage and a decent (1 in 5 or so) burn chance.}

Magical Black Glass Rose
Fatal Attraction
(Dark/Psychic)
{good god this is such a bad move right now it's unreal.
There's major problems here. One, Dark or Psychic, not both, preference being dark. Two, it's Attract plus Toxic, but the Toxic fades on switching out because that's how attraction works. My proposal here is to have the move act less like Toxic and more like confusion, whereby if the user would be attracted, then they would hurt themselves.}

Fire Shield
(Fire)
{I like the concept of a flame shield, but a 10% chance of a burn is faaaaaaaaar too low. This move right now isn't much better than Protect, and would be better off if that was a guaranteed burn on contact, but the move will break and the user hurt if it is hit by a water move.}

Cranberry Vodka
Firestream
(Fire)
{Slightly weaker flamethrower that has a higher burn chance? Why, that sounds exactly like Lava Plume, only this one's a beam rather than a wave of ow. I always liked Firestream, and really the only change I would make would be to reduce the damage to like a fiery Bubble Beam and nuking that five second stipulation.}

Snow Globe
Frosted Flake Fall
(Ice)
{this move is ass and arn should feel bad for even coming up with it.
Why use this when Hail exists? I'd prefer this being renamed Razor Snow as MM suggested ages ago, and to rewrite it as an icy version of Sand Tomb or Fire Spin, a trapping DoT move that hinders the foe's movement.}

Magical Snowflake
Ice Barrier
(Ice)
{OH LOOK IT'S A COLD VERSION OF FIRE SHIELD HOW ORIGINAL
Take my Fire Shield suggestion, switch the burn chance with a two-stage speed drop, and we'll be fine here. 100% freeze is broken as heck.}

Golden Fiddle
Unfinished Symphony
(Normal)
{Great name, nice idea, bad execution.
This move should be Ghost type, for a start. The effects of the move should change to be less confused and more terrified, with a decent chance that the victim burns up energy but doesn't use their move, much like a widespread Spite effect. This effect would last for as long as an Encore would, and serve a sorta similar purpose in that it would burn energy rather than health. Soundproof pokemon would of course be immune to it.}

Pika Doll
Voodoo Bugaloo
(Psychic)
{As above, interesting concept ruined by implementation.
Low energy use to temporarily paralyze the target is rather underpowered for a once-only move. I propose the move to be used to damage the target, much as voodoo dolls were intended to do, and to prevent the use of any non-natural moves for a couple of rounds, as the target would suffer a curse of sorts.}

Magic Red Glass Rose
Thorns
(Grass)
{I don't like this being a status at all.
The damage over time aspect is fine, but I feel this would be better as a form of Spikes or other entry/movement hazard.}

[/QUOTE]

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #41
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I think it would be beneficial to re-define or outright change how CM Defensive Shield works

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:39 AM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As someone who's made use of Custom Moves many times in battles, I've come to accept the strangeness of most of them, and have even worked a few of them into strategies. That said, I'm all for changing what needs be changed about them. My thoughts on some of them:

Defensive Shield: Needs to be reworked completely. My idea was that it gets turned into basically Aurora Veil without the need for Hail, but Raves's idea works, too.

Can't Catch Me: I'm gonna side with Raves in terms of how to change this move. It proved useful in its current form to me when my Weedle used it in a battle, but... yeah, it ought to be changed.

Chocolate Bomb: Just a note in response to Raves- I'm thinking the current description was written back when Sitrus Berries only healed 30 HP in the games, as opposed to 1/4th of the Pokémon's maximum HP. I'm all for this move remaining largely as-is, though definitely agree with making it... not heart-shaped. Eating the sugary shrapnel should still recover HP, too, though obviously not a large amount.

Psysplit: Is this the official new name? No changes in mind, just want to be sure, because I will have to change the name in my member post where applicable.

Crossfire: I actually taught this to my Hariyama who has Guts specifically because of the chance to burn the user, thus making it a potential means of activating Guts. I'm definitely in favor of axing the recoil damage, but the self-burn chance... Obviously if I'm in the minority on that one, then I'll gladly change my stance on it, but I think it has strategic potential, personally.

Frosted Flake Fall: As with Crossfire, the only real reason I'm hesitant to suggest a radical change to this move is because of the strategy I intend with it for one of my own Pokémon- in this case, my Weedle knows the move, and she also knows Aurora Veil, and she doesn't know Hail... you see where I'm going with this. As with Crossfire, though, if Raves's suggestion is more universally popular, then I'm gonna hop on board with it along with the rest of you, and I'll get myself a TM Hail for Hermione so she'll be able to use Aurora Veil. And, well, I feel this goes without saying by this point, but renaming to Razor Snow, definitely in favor of that.

Ice Barrier: I'm cool (bad pun fully intended) with Raves's proposed changes to both this and Fire Shield, and I want to also suggest that we drop the Ice-type exclusivity from this move. It's the only Custom Move with any sort of restriction on what kind of Pokémon can learn it, and it's just never sat right with me.

Voodoo Bugaloo: In response to Raves, I personally have found this move quite useful once. It's more along the lines of Lock-On or Mind Reader, in that it actively prevents the opponent from moving (paralysis as a status condition merely hinders movement, rather than stopping it altogether), thus allowing the user to follow up with a powerful attack that's pretty much guaranteed to hit. My Qwilfish won a battle because of this move once. That being said, Raves's idea isn't a bad one at all, and I ultimately wouldn't be opposed to it.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:36 PM   #43
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Bumping this to bring up something I don't believe has been brought up yet, at least to my knowledge- upgrading Custom Moves to Z-Moves. Some of them seem pretty straightforward- Brain Freeze would turn into Subzero Slammer, Gummi Bomb, Chocolate Bomb, and Chocolate Magic would turn into Breakneck Blitz, and Crossfire and Firestream would turn into Inferno Overdrive. But then there's the others, the status moves. Would they boost a stat? Multiple stats? Reset any lowered stats? Heal HP and/or status conditions?

Also, Fatal Attraction has long been listed as a Dark/Psychic move, so should this mean that both Darkinium Z and Psychium Z should work on it, or just one of them? And if just one of them, which one?
Old 05-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #44
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

This was actually a project I wanted to work on this summer so hang tight! Input is welcome though

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #45
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

On the Fatal Attraction thing, my thoughts immediately turn to Flying press- while that move is both Fighting and Flying, only the Fightingium-Z works on it (a bit of a shame, since Supersonic Skystrike seems like it would be more thematically fitting). Since Fatal Attraction is primarily Dark, it stands to reason that it would be the Darkinium-Z that fuels it based off of that pre-established ruling. As for the actual effect... +1 to one of the Defences, probably the Special one? The move is highly stally in nature, so it would't make sense for it to up Speed or an Attack stat.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #46
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

+1 to Defense or Sp. Def seems fitting for Fatal Attraction. Similarly, I'm thinking Z-Can't Catch Me would be +1 or even +2 to Speed. Fire Shield, I'm thinking almost certainly +1 Defense. That's the same as Z-Baneful Bunker, and Fire Shield is basically a burning version of Baneful Bunker. Same for Ice Barrier, actually. Z-Hail gives +1 Speed, and Frosted Flake Fall is a stronger version of Hail, so +2 Speed or Z-Frosted Flake Fall (or Z-Razor Snow- have any of the proposed name changes for custom moves actually happened yet?).
Old 06-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #47
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Custom Moves:
Blow-back (Normal, Status)
Effect: The Pokemon inhales and blows forth a powerful wind, strong enough to knock some lighter Pokemon off of their feet or even make projectiles fly back at the opponent. Energy used by this move is equivalent to that of a Bubble Beam.
Z-Effect: Special Defense +1 Stage
Blueberry Slushie
Brain Freeze (Ice, Status)
Effect: The user breathes a cloud of condensed freezing air toward the opponent, which when inhaled causes swelling and discomfort to the bloodstream and nerves around the target’s nasal passage. The target then suffers a delayed headache relative in damage to a Confusion. Throughout the duration of the headache, there is a slight chance (around 10%) of the target forgetting their last ordered move.
Z-Effect: Special Attack +1 Stage
Gingerbread Man
Can't Catch Me (Normal, Status)
Effect: The user temporarily shrinks in size and sharply raises evasion. Their presence however can be easily detected by a sweet, Gingerbread-smelling aroma. Throughout the duration of the move, the user’s ability changes to Run Away and biting moves used against the user are doubled in damage. Energy used by this move is equivalent to that of a Minimize.
Z-Effect: Evasion & Speed +1 Stage
Box of Chocolates
Chocolate Bomb (Normal, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the opponent. Upon contact, the heart explodes dealing damage equal to an Egg Bomb. When the heart shatters, 3-5 pieces of Chocolate appear and can be eaten by anyone including the opponent. When eaten, the chocolate heals a small amount of HP equal to that of an Oran Berry.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (180 BP)
Chocolate Magic (Normal, Special 65 BP)
Effect: The user fires off a molten chocolate blast that coats the target in a sticky, gooey (albeit tasty) mess. After the chocolate makes contact, it begins to congeal and harden, reducing the target’s mobility and halving their speed and evasion. The effect is temporary and lasts until it is washed away or dried out.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (120 BP)
Magical Espeon Plushie
Copycat [Needs new name] (Psychic, Status)
Alternate Name suggestions: Mirror Force, Body Outside Body, Unison Strike
Effect: The user sacrifices half of its maximum health to manifest two illusionary copies of itself. These copies mirror the original’s movements perfectly, attacking and moving in unison with the user. The user’s damage remains the same while each clone deals half the damage of the user’s attack. The clones are unaffected by stat buffs and are unable to perform Status moves. The clones will remain until hit by an attack or the user’s concentration is broken, and will dissipate independently of each other.
Z-Effect: Restores HP before use
Very Hot Cross Bun
Crossfire (Fire, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: Similar to the move Cross Chop, the user powerfully chops their foe with crossed arms engulfed in flames. However, there is an added bonus of a small chance (about 10%) of burning the opponent. If the user is not a fire type, it also takes a small amount of damage (equivalent to Flame Burst’s splash damage) from the move and also has a small chance (about 10%) of being burned.
Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive (180 BP)
Magical Black Glass Rose
Fatal Attraction (Dark, Status)
Effect: The user emits a potent pheromone which causes opponents of the opposite gender to become infatuated with the user. The opponent is thrust into a berserk state where they become fixated on the user (as in Follow Me status) and damage against the user is slightly increased. The infatuation takes a large mental toll on the target, causing them to occasionally lose focus from attacking the user (about 50% chance) as well suffering psychological anguish that builds over time equivalent to that of a Toxic. If the infatuation is broken, the target’s mental state returns to normal.
Z-Effect: Resets lowered stat modifications
Fire Shield (Fire, Status)
Effect: The user creates a barrier of flame that protects it from one attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent makes physical contact with the Fire Shield, it will become burned. Using the shield in succession halves its effectivity with each use.
Z-Effect: Defense +1 Stage
Cranberry Vodka
Firestream (Fire, Special 25 BP)
Effect: The user belches forth a stream of bubbles of molten lava. The bubbles hit the opponent 2 to 5 times, dealing damage similar to Rock Blast. Each hit has a small chance (about 10%) of burning the target. This attack is affected by the ability Skill Link. Each hit consumes about as much energy as an Ember.
Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive (140 BP)
Snow Globe
Frosted Flake Fall (Ice, Status)
Effect: This move can only be used during a Hail/Snowstorm weather effect. The user intensifies the power of the hailstorm, causing the Hail to fall harder and heavier than before. Damage received over time from Hail is doubled. Additionally, when hit by Hail, Pokemon become frostbitten and ail from even more damage over time equivalent to Poison. The Hail lasts as long as the weather is in effect, but the frostbite remains even after the weather is cleared. Frostbite can be cured the same as Freeze, and Ice type Pokemon are immune to its effects, as well as the increased Hail damage.
Z-Effect: Speed +1 Stage
Magical Snowflake
Ice Barrier (Ice, Status)
Effect: The user creates a barrier of ice that protects it from one attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent makes physical contact with the Ice Barrier, it will have a small chance (about 20%) to become frozen. Using the shield in succession halves its effectivity with each use.
Magic Red Glass Rose
Thorns (Grass, Status)
Effect: The user embeds the opponent with a flurry of stinging thorns. Once embedded, the opponent will be under the condition Thorns and will receive damage over time (about 1/16th of their health per turn) while effected until cured or fainted. Status can be cured by using Rapid Spin. Grass type Pokemon are immune to the effect.
Golden Fiddle
Unfinished Symphony (Ghost, Status)
Effect: The user sings a haunting melody that causes a cloud of ghostly energy to swirl around their opponent’s head. When heard by any Pokémon other than the user, they fall into a confused state. Throughout the duration of this effect, the opponent takes damage equal to that of Nightmare unless hit by a physical attack which will knock them out of their confusion.
Z-Effect: Special Attack +1 Stage
Pika Doll
Voodoo Bugaloo (Psychic, Status)
Effect: The user expends a portion of their health (equivalent to a Substitute) to create a doll that is psychically linked to the target. Any damage the doll receives or status changes that are applied to the doll are applied to the target as well. The doll lasts until it breaks and features the same durability and energy consumption as a Substitute doll.
Z-Effect: Resets lowered stat modifications

Bond Moves:
Gummi Bomb (Various, Physical 60 BP)
Effect: The user creates a physical bomblet of their latent inner energy and throws it at the foe, doing moderate damage. The move's type is dependent on the user's own hidden power. The move consumes the same amount of energy as Hidden Power.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (120 BP)
Guardian Terrain (Normal, Status)
Effect: The user draws upon their bond with their trainer to create a glyph on the surface, which expands and surrounds the battlefield in the Guardian Terrain field effect. Guardian Terrain affects all Pokemon and gives them immunity to damage from moves of their own type (Ghost and Dragon Pokemon receive half damage from those respective types). Guardian Terrain also prevents the Pokemon within from being afflicted by burns or freezing, and will last 5 turns. Guardian Terrain is affected by the Terrain Extender, and will override any terrain effect currently up.
Z-Effect: Defense & Special Defense +1 Stage
Defensive Shield (Various, Status)
Effect: The user summons small defensive platelets that hover around their body and passively protects them from roughly 25% of incoming damage. The platelets can cluster together to block big attacks or disperse to cover widespread attacks. The shield takes on the elemental properties of one of the user’s types at the user’s selection (ie. Venusaur can create a Grass or a Poison shield) and weakness/resistance are calculated into the shield’s effectivity. The shield lasts for three hits until it disperses.
Z-Effect: Restores HP before use

Alright, so I have gone through all of the Custom Moves in FB and with some input on discord have re-written them so that their effect descriptions are clearer and more RP-friendly. Some moves had effects that were either completely useless/redundant or had little to no use in a roleplay setting, so I took the liberty of repurposing their effects to make them more interesting and useful in FB. Please let me know what you think, what needs to be tweaked, any concerns you might have, etc. Here are a few notes regarding some things I noticed while going through the list:
• The attack name for Copycat needs to be changed. I listed a couple suggestions we came up with on discord, but feel free to offer names other than those listed. I am preferential to Mirror Force myself
• Fatal Attraction, Firestream, Frosted Flake Fall, and Voodoo Bugaloo have the biggest changes from their original effect
• Fire Shield/Ice Barrier have been repurposed to be respective Fire and Ice counterparts of Baneful Bunker
• Voodoo Bugaloo essentially works as a reverse-Substitute, creating a doll that afflicts the target rather than protects. It can also have uses as a tool to buff your teammate in double battles, but obviously has drawbacks if the opponent decides to target the doll
• Frosted Flake Fall I felt was basically a “stronger Hail” which felt completely useless to me, so I repurposed it to become a move that has high utility under the weather effect, like Aurora Veil
• Firestream’s changes are probably the ones I like the most. I essentially changed it from a “stronger Flamethrower” to a special Fire typed Rock Blast with a re-balanced burning side effect
• I felt like Brain Freeze was best-suited as a status move considering the nature of its effects, although if anyone would like to try to convince me to keep it as an attacking move, feel free to do so
• Fatal Attraction we probably took the longest to work on, and people were concerned that Attract+Toxic would promote stalling tactics too much, so I added a Follow Me/Berserk effect that works against the user to balance it a bit. Also, we decided to change it from Dark/Psychic to just Dark type, because a multi-typed attack makes no sense whatsoever
• Blow Back could probably use another tweak to make it more unique since it’s basically a weaker Whirlwind
• I changed Chocolate Bomb so that the chocolate shrapnel recovers equivalent to an Oran Berry, since Sitrus Berries have since been buffed in the games
• For the Bond CMs, I completely redid Defensive Shield, because I had an idea for it in my mind for over 6 months now that I’ve been wanting to try out. Let me know what you think!
• I also updated Guardian Terrain because the effect listed was the outdated effect and had been re-balanced a while back
• I took away Contest Effects for the time being and added Z-Move effects in their place. For attacking moves, I simply used the same BP as moves they were compared to in their descriptions. For Status moves, I went with similar moves’ Z-effects, such as Defense +1 for Baneful Bunker/Fire and Ice Shields. Feel free to dispute the buffs if you feel they should be different from what I came up with
Going through the thread, here are some suggested name changes:
Copycat: Psysplit, Body Double, Replicate, Multiply, Mirror Force, Body Outside Body, Unison Strike
Can’t Catch Me: Cookie Crumble
Voodoo Bugaloo: Stun Spell
Defensive Shield: Smart Shield
Frosted Flake Fall: Razor Snow
Old 06-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #48
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

I was already there for most of the discord convo last night so I won’t go into too much detail on most things. The only real problem I have is with Frosted Flake fall. It’s been brought up in Discord already but I am still of the opinion it should explicitly be made harder to get rid of than just using a new weather move. It is a move that not only requires a Hail to be used or ability to be had to even use it but to have it undone by a single move seems off to me. Other than that I like the rest of the changes.

As for the names I think only Copycat really needs to be changed since it conflicts with a real move. I personally prefer Mirror Force, especially since that name has security in probably not going to be used as a real move in a game.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #49
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I personally am not 100% sold on the change to Frosted Flake Fall. I was actually pretty OK with it being just a stronger Hail, but if I'm in the minority on this, I can absolutely just roll with it. Still standing behind my name suggestion of Razor Snow, though. I agree with biggggg in that the name doesn't strictly need changing, but some of the names are a bit of a mouthful, moreso than you generally get with moves other than z-Moves.

Stun Spell doesn't really fit Voodoo Bugaloo anymore, does it, considering the change to its effect? Loving the change, though, for sure. I'm thinking something like Mirror Doll, Counter Sub, Synchro Sub... Names like that. Officially voicing all three of those as name suggestions in case anyone likes them.

I like Mirror Force for Copycat, and sticking with my suggestions of Cookie Crumble and Smart Shield for their respective moves.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #50
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'll add in my Discord thoughts on Blow-Back. Right now it's basically an inferior Whirlwind, and needs something to make it a little more different. It's a big focused blast of wind that blows stuff away, a bit like Defog. Why not have it move hazards (stealth rock, spikes, thorns etc) over from your side of the field to the foe's side? This differs from Defog which completely removes all hazards from both sides of the field, and Rapid Spin which removes hazards from your side of the field only.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development