UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Has This Ever Happened to You?

Well, this happened to me a few weeks ago, and I meant to make a topic about it, but I kept forgetting @_@. This was part of a great day, because I found a Yume Asakura figurine that same day. Anyway, here's what happened.

I was eating at a Western Sizzlin' buffet one day, because I was HUNGRY. Anyway, while I was eating, an old guy with a really long beard, accompanied with another old guy, started talking to me. I didn't want to be rude, so I started conversing back with him. I told him that I just got out of school and I decided to stop there before heading home. After that, he asked me who my waitress was, so I told him. He called my waitress over and told her to give him my bill.

I was completely taken aback at that point. I was like "Are you sure?! I can pay for it." He just said "You seem like a good kid. Keep going to school and make something of yourself." I talked to him a little more, and he eventually left. I ate my fill and left.

Anyway, has this happened to anyone here? This event completely took me aback, because I have always kind of hated humanity and thought everyone is worthless filth who will stab you in the back whenever they get the chance. You could say that kindness from a stranger is a foreign concept to me @_@.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Re: Has This Ever Happened to You?

Nah, nothing this big has happened to me in a while. I'm just happy if people hold the door for me when I'm carrying something heavy.

That's cool. Too bad you feel that way, I hope this makes you feel a bit better about it.

I for one, am always open to the idea, and hope to be that sort of stranger some time.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi0HbrhM2hg

He'll be waiting for you at that same place unti-- oh wait, we're supposed to be RESTORING your faith in humanity.... then... uhh... people is sometimes kind. >_>

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That would be a perfectly fine video if it had been on pedophiles. I'm sure this opinion will be considered "supremely conservative" in 50 years' time if 4chan culture is anything to go by , but that's just how I see it. Portraying homosexuals as obligate pedos? Bad. Portrating pedos as pedos? Good. Teaching kids about the dangers of pedos? Good. I mean, swap out "homosexual" for "pedophile" and this video is really great advice for kids that I know my parents taught me growing up.

- don't get into a car with a stranger without your parents
- don't tell strangers where you live
- don't go off with an adult stranger without telling your parents first, even if you're in a group of other children you know

As for the bit about writing down the license plate, no, they never told me to do that, but I actually do commit license plate numbers to short-term memory whenever:
a) I get into and out of a taxi or city bus
b) I feel that some driver has wronged me
c) I catch someone driving ahead of me and they look like they are driving dangerously intoxicated (now that I have a cell phone, I would probably call the police. However, this hasn't come up since I got my cell phone)
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Ack! @_@ It seems that I kind of made this topic sound like something it wasn't supposed to. This isn't a "restoration of faith in humanity" thing. I just thought it was weird because of my mistrust and hatred for alot of people. I still despise humanity.

Point of the topic: A good day after finding a supercute figurine turned even better after getting a free meal =3.

Honestly, what you said might be the case @_@ That guy could be like "I like my boys with pretty long hair."

*I walk by and start eating by his table*
"Jackpot!!!!"

Oh, and that clip was hilarious. "That guy has a sickness, and that sickness is homosexuality."
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
deoxys
Fog Badge

I was conversing with a man while I bagged his groceries once, and he was buying a pie. I told him it looked delicious, but I didn't have the money to buy it. He wound up giving me five bucks and told me to buy one (I didn't). I tried to give it back but he insisted.

I was later made fun of for "getting hit on by a gay guy", even though the man clearly had a wife >_>

But that's nice, BBB. At least he didn't try to molest you or something >>

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Some people don't suck. I would have bought the pie though, VGM.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #8
deoxys
Fog Badge

Oh I wanted to. I just completely forgot because I usually don't hang around work and/or buy food after I'm off the clock.

I plan on going back and using five bucks to buy that pie. Because that pie looks fucking delicious.

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

Old 02-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
As for the bit about writing down the license plate, no, they never told me to do that, but I actually do commit license plate numbers to short-term memory whenever:
b) I feel that some driver has wronged me
Alright Virginia FK5 07T, you just made the list!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Joke taken. But seriously, I don't mean for small typical "offenses" like being cut off or some jackass in front of me breaking so suddenly that I have to break suddenly or else I'll rear end him; no, I mean stuff like heated parking lot arguments (where I fear the other guy might slash my tires or scratch up my car once I leave the scene).
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:30 AM   #11
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM Hiero
Oh I wanted to. I just completely forgot because I usually don't hang around work and/or buy food after I'm off the clock.

I plan on going back and using five bucks to buy that pie. Because that pie looks fucking delicious.
What kind of pie?
Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #12
deoxys
Fog Badge

I believe it was some form of apple...? I can't remember. I just remember that it was made in my stores bakery...and almost everything made there is amazing...ly expensive. But I'm going to have to go back and buy me some other delicious baked goods.

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #13
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

No, I'm normally the one who pays for the groceries (like $5 worth) of the person in front of me who forgot their wallet. Re: Boys Beware- it'd be better if they warned the boys about the people who they were more likely to be molested by (friends of the family which outnumber molestations by strangers, even homosexual strangers, significantly). Is it any wonder why the older generations are homophobic if they were raised on crap like that?

- KV
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc