UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-13-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Touhou

I am not going to bother with a description, because 1) I don't feel like it. and 2) Anyone who is even going to bother posting here knows what Touhou is.

I just put this because we are kind of spamming my suggestion box, and I don't want that. Anyway, here, we will continue mine and Suigin's conversation about IaMP, and I will probably destroy this place with the things I have found in Touhou. I think I will also talk about all of the Touhou games/pictures/doujins (they are clean)/videos I have played, saw, or read.

I won't say much now because I have an IaMP tournament to train for. Go Youmu, Marisa, and Remi ^o^ (those are the three I will use)
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Touhou

Check here first, but this is a summary of points I'd like addressed:

1- Check out the screencap. Notice I am in Japanese mode (you can see the kanji on the window). Notice: no version 1.11. Notice: I have the version 1.11 dat file in the folder. (th075b.dat) What gives?

2- I've unlocked Remilia Scarlet. How many more do I have left to unlock? How many times more must I beat Story Mode?

3- It told me I got the "Reimu Bad End." Will this affect my unlocking people? If so, what must one do to obtain "Reimu Good End"? Does it involve never needing a continue? (I needed one in the final fight, so I can imagine improving beyond that.) Does it involve never dying? (In which case, HOLY SHIT. -_-; O_O -_-; ) If it doesn't affect my unlocking people, then I guess I don't care.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I attached a screencap of what it should look like (you have caster wrong). Never mind! I will give you a link at the end of the post. God damn message board. "**** you! We don't allow extension bmp's."

1) Are you positively sure that when you extracted everything, you chose the folder your game was in? Just placing the update there isn't enough. I did that and it didn't work.

2) God, Remi is a pain in the ass. Anyway, you have to unlock, Yuyuko, Yukari, and Suika. I will answer how to unlock them in the next section.

3) Yes it will. You see, if you use a continue other than when fighting Suika, you will get a bad end. If you didn't use a continue, you would've fought Yukari Yakumo, and then Suika Ibuki. After you beat those two, they will be unlocked. Also, if you use a continue against Suika, you still won't get a bad end because she's the last opponent. Now, to unlock Yuyuko, you must go through story with someone else (I used Sakuya.) I don't know who all fights against Yuyu, but I know Youmu and Raymoo doesn't.

Now for my screencap. Some things to ignore. Ignore the caster_src and the replay stuff (those are for rewatching matches.)

Here's the screencap.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

First, you don't need to keep the extractor in that folder. In fact, you have a lot of redundancy and waste in your folder. (Like, having the source code and having the executable is a waste of space. You either need one or the other, not both; and in your case, I doubt you're compiling anything, so the source code is dead to you.)

Second, you tell me, "Talon, pfft, you have the program in the wrong folder," but like I said, I'm pretty confident it's working just fine. People on the Touhou forum I linked you to suggest that if it's in the wrong place, it won't work at all. Yet this is what I see.

Third, I'd appreciate it if you could show me a screencap of where you're seeing this "1.11" indicator when you open the game itself. You told me I should be able to see a 1.11. I don't see a 1.11. I believe I ought to be able to see a 1.11. So there are two possibilities:
1) I'm not looking in the right spot, or
2) I don't have 1.11 working after all

Best way to figure that out right now would be to see where the 1.11 shows up in a properly-upgraded version.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Yea, I do have alot of waste @_@ I have been too lazy to start deleting stuff.

I apologize if I sounded arrogant when saying you had caster wrong. I didn't mean it that way. Anyway, even though caster will pop up, it doesn't mean it will be able to connect to anyone. I had to move it to the game folder to connect to anyone. Trust me, I have already been through this.

Oh, and okilee dokilee. Here's the screen (I was about to start a match anyway.) Jeez. I need to clean up my desktop too @_@
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Thanks for the image. It was much appreciated; and because of it, I solved the problem in 5 seconds.

BBB: O_o ... um ... okay ...

Well, I guess knowing for certain that I had done something wrong drove me into action, so here's what I did.

1- I re-extracted the patch.
2- I noticed that I had two copies of the executable th075.
3- The one I had been using was 2.06 MB, but the new one was 2.45 MB.
4- When I tried using the new one, it didn't work. Because it was in a different folder from the rest of the files.
5- When I copied th075, th075b (well, that was already there thanks to the patch), and th075bgm over, that solved the glitch that kept auto-closing the program. And sure enough ...
6- So I just went ahead and moved the old 2.06 MB executable into a folder called "oldfiles," and replaced it with the new, slightly larger executable.
7- Loads perfectly.
8- And I have Remilia still.

So, that's one problem solved. Now, it'll probably take me quite some time to get good enough to be able to beat the game myself, and to unlock all the girls who are there to be unlocked, but I'll probably be able to join you guys come ... I dunno, March? Hopefully sooner, but it's not like I have as much time available to play this as you guys do. Probably just on Fridays and Saturdays (and Sundays if I get greedy :P :x). I think I'll just try and master Reimu and Marisa, since those are the two I like most out of the already-unlockeds. Cuteness-wise, I like Yuyuko, but I have no idea if I'll like her personality or moves. In fact ... I don't really know any of the girls' personalities. @_@ So, I'll need to work on that, as well.

Once I get good enough, then we can worry about Caster. Sounds good?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Alrightey. Take j00r time. Besides, it might be best, since I might have a new computer by then =D (the lag on my computer pisses people off. I am almost positive that it will piss you off.) It would be great to fight in a nice lag-free fight.

I am sure you will be a pretty good opponent. How do I know? You had no problem with Youmu. Everyone else has tons of trouble against her in story mode. Actually, alot of them just plain can't beat her ;_; (I use Youmu, so I know her weaknesses better than most people. In other words, I had no problem with her.) They just can't beat her clones.

As for Yuyuko, she's alot like Raymoo in fighting style, except she's more projectile heavy. As for her personality, she's actually not much different from the walfas flashes. She is a goofy girl with a heavy appetite. They also imply that she eats Mystia in Imperishable Night. I love her lines during Imperishable Night as well. Like after they have all those different species as bosses, she wanted a dragon next level to eat. I'll upload a great pic. of her.

Oh, if you didn't look closely enough at one of my screencaps, I was reading a doujin called "Advent Cirno." It was great. It's pretty much a FF7 with Touhou characters. It's so stupid that it's funny. It's also pretty cool. You see, Cirno is Cloud. Reisen (the purple haired rabbit girl) is Vincent. China is Tifa. The art is surprisingly good as well.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I thought Youmu was really easy. Not saying that to brag, either. Here's my rundown of characters when playing Reimu's story mode:
  1. Marisa: Difficult. It's surprising, considering she's the very first boss, but even with the addition to my arsenal of D-combos, I still lost two lives to her (one per stage). Her laserbeam is easy to block, as is her broom, but she never uses those. Instead, she uses the "I'll spread tons of stars into the atmosphere" move, and this makes it impossible for me to pull off Down, Down-Towards, Towards + D because I either:
    a) get hit by a star,
    b) my orbs vanish devouring stars instead of devouring Marisa, or
    c) I get hit by Marisa using a speedy type-A projectile[/*1sbxpgoq]
  2. Alice: Easy, formerly Difficult. What a difference the D-Combos can make! o_o I used to lose 2 lives to Alice (sometimes more), but last night was the first night I ever made a flawless win in Touhou. Alice didn't stand a chance. o_o[/*1sbxpgoq]
  3. Youmu: Easy, formerly Medium. Not much to say. She's really, really at a disadvantage against projectile users. That, and her green swords takes too long to swing, so every time she got ready to use it, I would just jump over her head, turn around, and melee combat her. Yeah, melee with Reimu, I know. Well, that's because the one good thing about Youmu is her ability to close distance gaps really quickly. So there's no point in dashing to the edge of the screen, because she'll be there pretty soon. You have to melee her first, and then when she falls or something, then you can widen the distance between you, and just projectile-death her to death.[/*1sbxpgoq]
  4. Sakuya: Medium, formerly Hard. Sakuya used to be a bitch for me. I think she is like the anti-Reimu, really. She's still tough, but (for whatever reason) she seems incapable of blocking my 2nd Orb Ultimate when she's airborne doing her own 2nd Ultimate, so every time she tried to do her Ultimate, I just had to let her get in the air, and then execute mine before she floated back down to the ground. I think I still lost 2 or 3 lives here, though.[/*1sbxpgoq]
  5. Remilia: Very Difficult, formerly Forfeit-Impossible. The first time I got to Remilia (and was using the keyboard, which meant I couldn't use combos, never mind I didn't even know about D-combos yet!), I was screwed. She's so fast and so powerful you can't use normal projectiles on her. I ... seriously have yet to develop a valid strategy against her that doesn't just involve me dodging attacks constantly (since blocking seems to be worthless against her as it drains the magic meter from 100% to 20% in one hit) and then trying to hit her with a regular melee attack when she's within striking range. Oh, and using my own Ultimates when she's going crazy doing her own stuff. Still ... this girl had four lives! WTF! She just kept getting stronger and stronger each round ... I was like, ;_; . The first time I fought her, 5 deaths, and then the Continue screen. The second time I fought her, 4 deaths -- with 1 death per "stage", so it was spread out very evenly. (She killed me, I killed her. Repeat this 3 times. Then by some miracle, after I KO'd her the fourth time the game said, "Okay, I'm done. I'll give you the win. Even if it is a Bad End. :P" I still think if I had died even one more time, it'd have been another Game Over -- Continue? scenario. -_-; )[/*1sbxpgoq]

My goal is to get good enough to defeat Marisa without losing a single life. I think this is a realistic goal (and one which can be easily practiced in CPU Vs. mode), and so if I can manage this, then I should be able to manage flawless victories against CPU Alice and CPU Youmu as well. Maybe even a 1-death-only win on Sakuya's stage.

My second goal will be to get past Remilia's bad end, period, and reach Good End status. This will require me to reach a higher plane. So ... this'll be the one that really takes me till March, if I had to guess. Still, once I accomplish this, here's hoping I can defeat (and unlock) Yuyuko and whoever else was left over.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

So you came up with a method to fighting Youmu. Here's what everyone was like on my first try.

Reimu: Medium. The first round, she was a pushover. If I corner her, she's ****ed. As for her first special, all I had to do was charge through it and knee her in the face. The second round was another question though. God it was annoying. She kept teleporting away when I was going to destroy her, and dropped orbs at me. Even when I cornered her, she did the same. Of course, I eventually just found the perfect opening and started unloading on her.

Marisa: Medium. First round. Pfft. Just beat the **** out of her. The next one though...that god damn broom attack. She doesn't flinch when she's about to do it, so when I knee her in the face, it does nothing, then I get a broom and an assload of stars in the face. I eventually learned a way around it and started punishing her with my super-quick slash when she lands. The next round when she unloads with stars wasn't much trouble. I just had to dash through them and attack her.

Patch: Easy. Patch is just a giant punching bag. Her projectiles are easy to dash through and all of that. The final round was a pain the ass, because she blew me away, meaning no in-your-face fury.

Sakuya: Medium. Like most first rounds, beat the **** out of her. Her specials didn't cause much trouble either. Well, all but the last one where she shot assloads of knives at you while still fighting. Dashing through them and getting to her was annoying.

Remil: Hard. Good god, she was annoying. I have yet to beat her on Lunatic (with my annoying computer, I am usually discouraged from trying). She's the first person I had trouble against in the first round because she's the only character faster than me. I attack, she hits me even faster. I eventually came through. first special was also annoying. It was unblockable, and the debris behind the attack didn't help in avoiding it. Like the first round, I eventually came through. Then that god damn spear! Not only is it unblockable, but you have to run behind her to avoid it. In other words, I almost died here. However, I stayed close to her and prevailed. Next round, WTF!? How the hell am I supposed to beat this? I can't dash through the onslaught of satan powes, nor can I block it. There's also a really small and unpredictable place where you can avoid them. I just kept my distance and then started hitting her when she used the orbs. Last round wasn't much trouble. I was surprised I didn't use a continue the first time.

Yukarin: Very hard. First round, pushover. Second round....OMFG. How do I get to you!? I can't attack through your orb thingy. I lost two lives against this. Her others weren't that bad, but I ended up using a continue against her and on my second try, I barely beat her.

Since I used a continue, I didn't get to Suika, and I had to go through it again. I also played through it again with Sakuya to unlock Yuyu.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I forgot! I've been meaning to ask you this.

How can I get Mountain of Faith?
  • If possible, I'd like to purchase it from a store like YesAsia. I have found it on a few sites (see links below), but I don't know if they are trustworthy. (And one of them doesn't even accept credit cards, which would make it tough to do.)[/*2hrrs0c1]
  • Still, before I spend any money on it ... these games look infuriatingly difficult. Is there a known torrent (i.e. one you've already used) for either Imperishable Night or Mountain of Faith? I'm sure I can find some right now if I go looking, but it's safer to ask you first to see if you've obtained your own working copy.[/*2hrrs0c1]
  • And before I would buy Mountain of Faith, there's the question, "Do I even want to buy it?" After all, it could be inferior to previous titles (like, it seems like a lot of Touhou fans love Imperishable Night, and I have to admit that the story for that game does sound the most intriguing ... plus it has Reisen and Kaguya, double win). I don't want to buy two of the same game (admittedly, all these games of ZUN's look pretty much the same), so I'd rather just buy one and have it be, quote unquote, "the best one."[/*2hrrs0c1]

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info. ... ts_id/8086 = Mountain of Faith (Visa or MasterCard)
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=00051 = Imperishable Night (Paypal or Money Order)
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=01317 = Mountain of Faith (Paypal or Money Order)
Old 01-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #11
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Mountain of Faith? Aren't you a little far in the series? I would suggest starting with The Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, since it's the first Touhou game that is compatible to the current version of Windows. I will get to that later though. I will tackle your questions first.

* I don't know of a place to buy it to tell the truth. I probably should, considering I have like 12 gigs of Touhou stuff ^_^;

* Well, there's this website for them. http://www.doujinstyle.com/touhougames.php. This is to all of the Touhou games out. I downloaded every one of them from this. This site also includes any patches that come with them, and for the earlier games, it comes with a emulator that you use to play them. Well, it doesn't for Imperisable Night. I can get into specifics for what I did with that a little later.

* Like I said earlier, I would recommend starting with Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil. I started with Highly Responsive to Players, but I'm not sure if you are willing to start there. They are also pretty difficult. After playing it for a few weeks, I STILL can't beat them on normal without continues. Of course, if you want to go for Mountain of Faith, then hit it first. I haven't been through it because I have been playing the others (Imperishable Night is my favorite =3). I DO have it though. Also, Mountain of Faith introduces Nitori =D I also heard that MoF was pretty funny, so actually, you might want to. Unfortunately, I can't understand a damn word they are saying -_-;
Old 01-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The versions of Touhou on that website all seem to be too small. I stopped my torrent of MoF to give your site some bandwidth, but I noticed ...
  • my torrent was 379 MB[/*3do1x0fl]
  • your guys' direct download was 320-something MB[/*3do1x0fl]
  • people on GameFAQS seem to have either a 379 MB version or a 412 to 414 MB version[/*3do1x0fl]
I've also noticed discrepancies with Imperishable Night. Sigh.

I'm really worried about installing a torrent of this game and it being a virus. Can you ask your chat buddies if they know if the 379 MB version of MoF is safe? Can you also ask them if they know why your site downgraded it to 320-something MB, and what consequences that had? I'd like to know what the hell's going on! @_@

1- 320 is the real deal, 379 has extra padding and possibly spyware, and 412 has even more of that
2- 320 is missing some stuff, 379 is the real deal, and 412 has the extra padding + spyware
3- 320 is missing a TON of stuff, 379 is missing some stuff, and 412 is the real deal

Also, if you have a copy of Imperishable Night ... *doink*, this is from right around the time you got into Touhou, so you may already have this, but it's worth a look, because all pre-existing English patches for IN were either betas or just not as good as this one. (Or so it sounds.)
Old 01-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

That just means that your torrent wasn't compressed as tightly as doujinsoft did. The game itself is 412 MB. I downloaded the 320 and it plays everything fine. I have found differences like this all of the time.

As for Imperishable Night, I already knew of it. I had problems with it earlier because the ****ing update it required would NOT install. However, I found a version 1.00d I could install the patch with, so it was all good. The funny thing about the patch is that it was released by the same people who are doing the Kanon translation patch ^o^
Old 01-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #14
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Then based on what you've said ...

1- I'll go ahead and stick with the 379 MB MoF.
2- Later today, I might look into downloading IN from your site.
3- In the event that I do, do you think you could link me (now) to where you got the patch update that was compatible for you? (since I'll be using the same IN as you) The version of the patch I have right now is the 1.00b --> 1.00d patch from Zun's site. I also saw a 1.00a --> 1.00d patch, though. If either of those is correct, tell me and I'll get it. If it's something else, then I'll want your link for sure!

So ... you're pretty confident, then, that this 379'er I'm downloading right now isn't a virus? I hope not. In case your curious, here's where I found it. The original seeder's comment made me hopeful that he was genuine, but now I'm paranoid that he could just be a dirtbag who wrote that to lure people in to a trap. >_> I dunno. I'll take the sign that 13,000+ people have downloaded it and it's still up to be a good sign. You'd think somebody would have bitched to Datorrents to have it taken down otherwise.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #15
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I downloaded IN from somewhere else because I had problems installing the updates. I downloaded IN from this torrent. This torrent had the full-blown 1.00d update already installed. I also downloaded Phantasmagoria of Flower View (Touhou 9) from this, because the download was so darn slow in doujinsoft. Anyway, I don't know if I would recommend the others, because I'm not sure if they have the english patches or not. You can go the easy route and try it if you want, because this comes with every Touhou game except for MoF and IaMP. I downloaded from this, and I can assure you that this is virus free.

Here's the place you can download the IN English patch.

As for your Mountain of Faith torrent, go ahead. I highly doubt that there would be a virus from something so many people have downloaded and enjoyed.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, I managed to download Mountain of Faith and get it installed. It says it's version 1.00a, so if I need to patch it, then I need to patch it. But for now, it works just fine. Installed smoothly. Even prompted me to check for DirectX updates just in case I needed them, which was nice because (since I never game anymore) I haven't updated DirectX manually since I put the machine together in July. So that was good of the game to do me that favor.

Anyway ... I got destroyed. ;_; My first time playing the game, I made it all the way to the first boss before I lost a single life. (On replays, I have no idea how I managed that -- must have been beginner's luck.) Anyway, the boss killed me 3 times, and so that was Game Over for me. The second time, I died pretty early, so I decided for the third time we'd try Easy. Yet I still died at the first boss. (I got exactly as far as I had before on Normal.) At this point, I laughed at the frustrating situation and decided to take a break to explain things here. The music of the main screen + demo movie is playing in the background. Really nice bgm music for such a simple game, I must say!

Anyway, can you explain to me what the difference is between stuff?
  1. What's the difference between red, blue, and green spell tags?[/*1urbnq0z]
  2. What's the difference between blue orb pellets and red fusiform pellets (the two most common)? And what about yellow orb pellets and other various pellets fired at us? Are they just different geometric shapes but they all deal the same damage? or do some deal more damage than others?[/*1urbnq0z]
  3. How much damage can the player take?[/*1urbnq0z]
  4. How does one acquire "bombs" (the 2nd button), and what do they do besides clear away all pellets in a given radius? (e.g. do bombs enhance score? weaken score? can you use a bomb in a bonus round or will that auto-fail you?)[/*1urbnq0z]
Since I can't seem to beat the first stage with Reimu, I'm going to try Marisa and hope it makes a difference. Doubtful, I know. Oh well. Practice!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #17
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I forgot to mention that Mountain of Faith is quite a bit harder than the other Touhou games =/ I haven't even gotten through the second stage (of course, I never seriously tried either.)

Now for your questions.

1. The red ones power increse your power (there's no power meter in MoF for some stupid reason.) Collect enough and your attacks will be more powerful. The blue ones are like coins in Mario, as in they give you an extra life if you collect enough. I don't know the green ones yet. They are new to me @_@.

2. They are all the same in damage. They just change the color for variety. I mean, you have to admit that it would look pretty bland if the same colors kept going all across the screen.

3. You have a certain amount of lives, and one hit kills you. The stars beside player are the amount of lives you have.

4. You acquire bombs by upping your power. If you pay attention to your power meter, it will go down one after you use one. As for what they do, they can do several things. I personally use them when a bullet is about to hit me. However, they can also clear the map of enemies, or damage bosses. As for the score thing, they can keep you from getting a spell bonus when fighting the boss.

Suigin: What's a spell bonus? @_@

If you kill the boss when she is using one of her specials (her health bar is red), then you get a pretty good spell bonus. It's pretty much an assload of points. However, if you use a bomb, you won't get the bonus. Don't let that discourage you from using it when you have to though. If you are going to die, use a damn bomb. The main thing in this game is surviving! That should be your main focus.

As for who use, it does make a difference. Some characters are more powerful than others, some are faster, and some can spread fire. I always use Marisa. You see, she's fast, and her attacks usually mow down the opponents.

EDIT: I made some mistakes. EDIT AGAIN: This game is way different than the other games @_@
Old 01-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I think I will show one of the things from a doujin I recently read. The doujin is called "Charming Border of Life." Here's some things from it =3

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

You don't have to get Touhou to find it amusing. In a future post, I will unload more on everyone.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #19
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Didn't want to double-post, so I waited for your reply. Anyway, update from a bit ago ...
  1. I made the switch to Marisa and the game randomly suggested starting with her middle spell card, so I thought, "Okay, why not?" and, shrugging mentally, clicked A and proceeded onward. Whoa! The difference was like night and day. Not in Marisa herself (I don't know what you mean about her being "faster," I think both girls were about the same speed) but in her powered-up weapon! If I got her weapon power to like Level 4 or Level 5 (just a guess; I had four orbs in front of me and was fire 4+ lasers), I was able to kill the Stage 1 boss (in any of her forms) in literally under 5 seconds. Probably somewhere between 1.5 and 3 seconds. It was crazy.[/*2m97u7pz]
  2. I made it all the way to the final boss of Stage 2 and got through a few of her things before I died. I had 1 bomb left, too. Shucks.[/*2m97u7pz]
  3. I played again as Marisa, but this time decided to try out her bottom spell card. The so-called "frostthrower," i.e. a flamethrower but icy wind instead. It was damn powerful, but I lost soon after Stage 1 because I retreated from the boss to the bottom of the screen, got trapped, and was dodging bullets while firing at her for a good while before I realized, "Shit! This weapon's range is too short!" Tried to get closer, but I had to use a bomb. IIRC I beat her, but lost very early in Stage 2. Maybe I didn't even beat her.[/*2m97u7pz]
  4. Then, I realized something: you've got medical studies, boy :P, and you've also got a few animes and stuff you are doing in your free time as is. You can't master both IaMP and MoF, so choose one and do it first.[/*2m97u7pz]
  5. So deciding, I decided to tuck MoF away and try to work on getting better at IaMP. I am, after all, a self-declared fighting game fan. [/*2m97u7pz]

So, I'll try to improve in IaMP (as mentioned), hopefully ready for online stuff by March 1. Also, by that time, we'll be getting really close to Comiket, so who knows ... maybe SWR will be out by then. If not with Spring Comiket, then hopefully with Zun's special Touhou event in May. (Reitaisen or some such?)

Also, thought you might like this if you've never read it before: http://www.gensokyo.org/archives/92#more-92
Old 01-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #20
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I decided to give MoF another whirl ... and boy did it pay off. I've lapped you, BBB! ;D
Old 01-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #21
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Oh man, Touhou had that old Megaman ripoff game! (Mega Mari?) I remember I could never get very far into the game, even with someone telling me the boss weaknesses and stuff. x__x

That game was HARD. Better that than ridiculously easy, of course!

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #22
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I love MegaMan. @_@

Beaten, Not Beaten But Played, Own
  • Mega Man[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man 2[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man 3[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man 4, iirc[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man 5[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man X[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man X2[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man X3[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man Zero[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man Zero 2[/*1dkw49k0]
  • Mega Man ZX[/*1dkw49k0]

Maybe I should look into this Mega Mari. Hmm .................

I think I'll pass on Super Marisa World, unless it's a genuinely good game. Having seen "designer hell" versions of Mario World on Youtube, I can't say I'm thrilled with the thought of playing a Touhou-inspired mod of Super Mario World.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #23
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I haven't tried either of the two, but I do have a game for you. Patchcon! Defend the Library! It's so addicting in every way. It's cute and fun =D It's on doujinsoft, but I had it before doujinsoft added it ^o^.

I also have a Touhou RPG downloaded, but I am having a few troubles playing it, and I didn't put any effort into trying because I probably won't understand it anyway.

I can start showing off images if anyone wants =D I have 500MB of them, so I'm more than willing to share. I will take requests =3 Anyway, lets start off with a good Kaguya image. Well, I only have 14 images of her, so the choices are a little slim.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #24
Talon87
時の彼方へ

[strike:7gcplx7s]Post what you will, but ... one reason the Touhou community and I have never gotten along (or perhaps I should say "have long avoided each other, until today") has been that there are just so many Touhou fans (perhaps the majority ... no, certainly the majority) who have sexual interest in one or more of the girls. And I'm sorry, but no matter how you cut it, that's LOLIKON for 95% of them. Hell, "Patch" looks like she's a Cabbage Patch Kid, and yet today I saw an image of her in her pajamas with her butt lines showing through the pajama pants, and the first reply was "Man, I want those pajama bottoms!" and the second was "Man, I want what's inside of those pajama bottoms!" -_-;

So, I'm just saying ... post whatever you want, but if you're "posting for me," you don't need to waste your time or energy posting "sexy Touhou pics." Unless the artstyle has modified the girls to make them look more womanly (e.g. Reisen has taken on a look that mirrors Horo's from Wolf & Spice), I'm not interested. Or ... quite the opposite.

Hmm ... maybe I should post image examples myself to show what I mean.
Unacceptable Softcore
Acceptable Softcore
Super-Acceptable Because It's Not Even Sexual

And finally ... these are just my opinions. Disregard and post what you will, so long as you're not told off by dami, Kuno, etc. (e.g. you can't post hentai, since even I can't post hentai. Or else I would have done. >_> ) By all means, have fun! I just don't want you to waste your time uploading images "for Talon's sake" when Talon is unappreciative. ;p Save your minutes and spend them on better things.

But by all means, share images like the ones I linked above and said were the Acceptable kind. I'm all up for acceptable hentai and super-acceptable non-hentai Touhou pics. I especially love the cute kinds, like this. Or this. Or especially this.

BBB: But Talon ... that's not even from Touhou.
Talon: Well, it could be.
BBB: No. :P
Talon:

P.S. Just so you don't get the wrong idea ... I totally saved the image you provided, but it weirds me out that it's Kaguya. :x Kaguya hentai is ... not something I'd look into. But the girl you posted (if I hadn't known it was Kaguya), very nice.[/strike:7gcplx7s]

Long-winded, proven a bit incorrect by the next reply.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #25
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, I have to apologize. Leaving the original post up there because I'm sure you've already read it, but anyway, two things to be said:

1- When I thought about the post I made, I put myself in your shoes and realized it made me look like a big dick looking for an excuse to argue. (Even though that's not the case! :x) It made the situation worse instead of better. Which is exactly the opposite of what I'd hoped to achieve.

2- I really like this image, so I guess that makes a lot of what I said above either BS or yesterday's news. One of the two.

Long story short, "Touhou girls with womanly bodies," cool, "Touhou girls with little girl bodies," not cool, "But did BBB even post such a picture? No, you asshole," roger.

Oh, and by the way ... I found a cool image especially for you since you say you like Youmu. Tada! Okay, maybe "cool" isn't exactly the right word, but something tells me she's doing an inside joke that you'll appreciate and I don't. Maybe. Possibly. Have a free Youmu. T_T

I got those images (and many others) from here: http://hiasi.blog55.fc2.com/ The guy has talent. I look forward to seeing him on the H-doujinshi scene, he really ought to do something more than just pictures.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime