UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 06-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

I just finished watching season 2 of this show. I only watched it because one of the characters seemed lovely. I originally wrote it off as an bland fanservice harem. Oh boy was I wrong! The fact that I'm even bothering making a thread should show how much I enjoyed this show.

The starting plot is difficult to describe. Actually I didn't follow alot of it. I looked it up, and it seems there's alot of detail Sunrise wasn't able to stuff into the show. Where the show shines is the raw personality of the show. The characters are so damn unique and colorful that I end up eating up everything they do. Hell, when the main guy was introduced, my first thought was "This guy is awesome!". Just watching everyone interact with each other left me wanting to watch more.

The show has some romance elements in it, but they're hit-and-miss. Some of them are really sweet, like the main one for season 2. Others would have helped if there was more development for them. Most especially the main one for season one. Still, it's nice how this show has some actual romance that doesn't involve girls pouring all over one guy.

For issues, I'd say the biggest would be pacing. Season 1 starts off really slow, stuffing you with fragmented information. Then season 2 ends up being rushed out the ass, with most of the big fights seeming really anticlimactic. I'm sure there's a bunch of information the anime did not have the time to give you. Honestly, these should have been 26 episode seasons. You don't even get a proper introduction to the cast, and you hardly even know the relationship everyone has.

Also, season 1 tricks you. Hard. Here's how: (I'd say you'll get what I'm saying at around episode 9 of season 1, so safe episode 9, season 1)
Spoiler: show
The show starts off as seeming pretty in-depth and serious. Sure, you have goofy characters, but everything besides that is serious and everyone is talking about their "happy days" ending. However, after the "happy days" end, the show reveals that it never intends on taking itself seriously. It stays silly even after season 2 ends.

Oh, and the females come in two sizes. Jumbo and flat. Nothing in between. So much for average!

Overall, this has been a very fun ride. Funny how you often come across gems for the silliest reasons. Horizon is definitely flawed, but it's not enough to really bother me. I give season 1 a 7 and season 2 a 8. I enjoyed them as much as I would a 9 though! I would like to read the LNs and get the full story, but it seems not much of it is translated. Here's to hoping a season 3 will come out!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime