UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #376
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude
Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

You can always give starraptor a life orb. ;) Anyways most of my teams usually has a baton passer like ninjask that passes speed and attack buffs to my melee (well physical attack oriented Pokemon), and I usually have a special attacker, and a debuffer/status effecter (gallade learns both thunder wave and will o wisp... it's hard to choose which one I wanna use though.) I love heavy offensive teams, because when I play games I like to massively slaughter foes, or die real fast if my foes can counter my attacks. ;)
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #377
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I'm heading to Kuno's place now. So I'll be on Wifi soon hopefully.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #378
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I was watching Naruto. ;_; I just met Gaara and Rock Lee. ;_; I forgot all about this.

Are you still at Kuno's? Never mind -- going on AIM right now.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #379
Deis
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deis Send a message via MSN to Deis Send a message via Yahoo to Deis

Heres what my team is going to be:

Deis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #380
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

I don't know what my team's gonna be. @_@ There's so many Pokemon I wanna use, and said list is growing by the minute. I did EV train my Absol after getting the Power Bracer and Anklet from the Battle Tower (my Pokemon League team with random EVs managed to pull through enough to earn me those items) and I'll work on Eevee (soon to be Leafeon) soon, though.

I caught a shiny Ralts via Pokeradar earlier this morning. ^o^ She has a neutral nature (Serious) so she'll be a kickass Gardevoir at least in-game. My Ponyta and Ralts may not be the Starly and Vulpix I'm looking for, but the fact that they're aesthetically awesome (and not crappy like Gible's family and Natu) makes me thankful enough for them. Amusingly, I was looking for Ralts solely for the purpose of getting an Adamant nature w/ Synchronize so I could look for a shiny Starly that could be used competitively. I guess they do come when you least expect them to. XD
Old 05-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #381
Arnold
Just call me sir

I've got 4 of my team sorted out, jsut leveling up my Drifblim (51 a the minute) Pokerus and macho braced his EV's in Speed and Spec Attack, thinknig it might have been a mistake and cahnged speed to spec defence but i'm giving him Calm Mind he's gonan be my baton passer (BP, CM, Sub and Shadow Ball)

But with him are gonna be Milktank, Slowbro and Bronzong, Hoping to get a Houndoom as well and then I have no idea what to go with them nothing stands out to me =/ (was thinking of Nidoking but I'm not too sure)

Drifblim rocks \m/
Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #382
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Can someone help me out with some trades? I dont have emerald or red so I'm missing the guys from that game. <.< Most notably Gligar since I want one for my team.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #383
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Kuno I will capture you a gligar here in a sec, when will you be online?

*Goes gligar hunting.*
Old 05-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #384
Lady Kuno

I'm actually gonna go out today, Gr is gonna be here any minute to pick me up but I should be back like 5-6 est or something. Im not sure if I have anything you want though. ^^;

Old 05-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #385
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Sounds good I should be online around 5 or 6 est as you mentioned, and you can just give SI something like a starly or magikarp. I don't care really. :P
Old 05-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #386
Lady Kuno

Ok I'll be on in 5-10 min or so.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #387
Loki

Kangaskhan is a decently good Pokemon now. Ignoring Scrappy, Kangaskhan has gained an item that makes it insanely good: Leaden Ball.

Kangaskhan's speed made it too fast for good Sub-Punching, but it's other stats make it a decently strong one. Although, ATK is a bit on the lower side for OU, it is above average and it's HP is very high, allowing it to make Substitute with more then 101 HP.

Kangaskhan
|Scrappy or Early Bird|Adamant or Brave|Leaden Ball|
-Substitite
-Focus Punch
-Fling
-Return/Rest
EVs: 212 HP, 252 ATK, 20 DEF, 20 SPDEF

If it has Scrappy, use Return. If not, you might want Rest. Anyway, Substitute and Focus Punch is the primary strategy. If you don't have Scrappy or want some crazy damage on a Dusknoir, Fling the Leaden Ball at it. With Leaden Ball, Fling is a 200 power Dark move. KAPOW!? Anyone?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #388
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A lot of other creatures learn Fling, too. In fact, isn't Fling a TM? :P (TM 56)

Ambipom, Attack of 100 and Speed of 115, iirc.
Weavile, Attack of 120 and Speed of 125, iirc. (And he gets STAB off of the dark-type.)
Machamp, Attack of 130, learns Fling by TM.
Gengar,
Snorlax,
Dragonite,
Tyranitar,
Slaking,
Garchomp,
Drapion,
Rhyperior,
Dusknoir ...
all of them learn Fling.

Kangaskhan, with its 95 Attack and HP of 105 ... I can see your point, but, I don't think it's fair to say that Kangaskhan is on the verge of escaping UUism just because of this one move and one hold item. Because even if the combo (of Iron Ball and Fling) is as godly as you say it is, there are a lot of better creatures which outclass the failed marsupial Pokemon.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #389
Loki

Yes, but almost none of them abuse Leaden Ball as much as Kanga as all of them either wish to keep their high speed for sweeps or already are slow enough to Sub Punch without Leaden Ball. Fling is just tech with Leaden Ball. It could have had been replaced with Return also, but I felt it was cooler to Fling Leaden Balls to OHKO Dusknoirs.

Also, in UU battles, Kanga is considered an Uber UU, as it was too strong for UUs but too weak for OU. Sucks to be in the middle.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #390

I'd take Life Orb all the way. You would normally use Sub on a switch anyways, so I fairly enjoy the beefy 1.3x boost in damage rather than certainty that I will get a sub up. Also, fling becomes rather useless once you use it.

Also, a Restalking set is much more viable if you ask me. 2 turn rests ftw.

My first Wifi team I'm going for will probably be: Weavile, Blissey, Gyarados, Swampert, Infernape, Weezing

Weavile is a damn sexy lead, can take many leads especially well, most notably Salamence. Good revenge killer too.

Blissey is self explanatory.

Gyarados is the new cool. With some specific evs, it can be a beast.

Swampert is meh, mostly for Stealth Rock and taking on Garchomps. Can also use to scout Salamence. Relatively good Tyranitar defense too.

Infernape is the ultimate end game sweeper. With a Life Orb and Swords Dance, Flare Drive rips through hell.

Weezing blocks anything physical. Period.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #391
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Hey Kuno about the gligar: If you still haven't gotten one today, I will give ya one definitely tomorrow (my net was down most of the day due to clearwire being crappy.) I will keep AIM up (sulcataixlude is my AIM name), so if needed you can message me on AIM to let me know when your ready for her. ;) Anyways I am almost done ev training everyone. I just need to max swampert's defense evs and I am good to go. Btw ichi since your using swampert too what kind of ev spread you recommend for a relaxed one that will be using ice beam, earthquake, stealth rock, and roar? Would 100 attack, 100 special attack, and 52 hp work along with 252 defense?

I've never really used a swampert before, so I am unsure about his ev stuff. Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #392

Just go 252 Hp and 252 Def with 4 going into attack.

It needs way too much evs to ensure ohkos on certain pokemon and its not worth taking its walling potential. I might change it slightly, but its main thing is to set up SR and roar away, with the occasional attack if you sense a switch. Don't try to attack with swampert, you won't get much done.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:10 AM   #393
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Thanks Ichi with your advice. The only attacks I am mainly using swampert for is ice beaming dragon types, and using earthquake on anything that switches out to swampert that's weak to earthquake. So anyone here use mystery gift? When me and deis used mystery gift today we somehow couldn't 'connect' even though we sat right next to each other. Then the ds both said there were no gifts to be found. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:34 AM   #394

Just to give you a heads up though, 112 special attack evs will give you 100% OHKO rate on Min HP/Min SpDef Salamence. You will need significantly more to OHKO Garchomp. EQ doesn't OHKO anything so its best not trying.

Mystery Gift, as in Advance, only works with specific "hotspots" where you download items or pokemon. Nothing like what was in GSC.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #395
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Just caught Mespirit. All three Psychic legends in Pokeballs.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #396
Lady Kuno

Anyone have the new Magmar/Electabuzz evos? Spent about an hour today coveting Elekids with no luck at all. -.- I don't want them to have, I'll be happy trading + trading back just to have it in my 'dex.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #397
Loki

Compound Eyes Butterfree with Thief is a good way to steal everything.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #398
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Can anyone trade meh a Drifloon so I don't have to wait 'till Friday to get the national dex? :P
Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #399
Loki

Can't you go on the GTS?

Also, I'm so damn lost in this game. And I spent $500 throwing mud at Hoothoots for the past half hour.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #400
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Drifloon Lvl 1

Want: Dialga level 100.

~~; Yeah, I can go on the GTS. :P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON