UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #26
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Item catch seems way better than oil panic. I mean, you can throw the projectile back at any time.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #27
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
I'm hoping some of the characters that got nerfed to hell get some sort of usability back. I really liked using Jigglypuff in Melee, but Brawl made using them practically impossible.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
Toyo
hail

Tis a shame I will no longer be able to main Lucario, beause if he comes back twice in a row that would be a bit odd. Wii Fit Trainer might be his replacement, because she seems similar. I liked hopping about with ExtremeSpeed on Lucario, sort of hit and run tactics, and I would think the Trainer would be able to do something similar.

We'll see. Also hoping Luigi gets more Luigi's Mansion like abilities, to make sure he isn't a Mario clone. Sucking up things with a vacuum or having a ghost summoning Final Smash would be fun.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #29
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
Item catch seems way better than oil panic. I mean, you can throw the projectile back at any time.
Oh yeah I agree; Oil Panic is only really usable by expert G&W players but it is better at pressuring since you don't have to throw it back immediately. The biggest downside is that you can only hold one at a time; those who use lots of projectiles could easily play mindgames with Villager players by forcing them to choose how to time their Item Catch and make on-the-spot risk-reward decisions when chucking an old projectile in favor of a new one.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
deoxys
Fog Badge

Villager's final smash should be Kapp'n and the train showing up and steamrolling everyone off the stage.

Or Rover showing up and talking the players to death.

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #31
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
Tis a shame I will no longer be able to main Lucario, beause if he comes back twice in a row that would be a bit odd. Wii Fit Trainer might be his replacement, because she seems similar. I liked hopping about with ExtremeSpeed on Lucario, sort of hit and run tactics, and I would think the Trainer would be able to do something similar.

We'll see. Also hoping Luigi gets more Luigi's Mansion like abilities, to make sure he isn't a Mario clone. Sucking up things with a vacuum or having a ghost summoning Final Smash would be fun.
I don't see Wii Fit Trainer as very similar at all; while her moves are largely melee-based, she's not the same kind of floaty as Lucario is. She reminds me of ZSS, but with a little less focus on disjointed hitboxes and more focus on smooth comboing. I could see her replacing ZSS.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #32
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Oh yeah I agree; Oil Panic is only really usable by expert G&W players but it is better at pressuring since you don't have to throw it back immediately.
I'd like to think I fit in the category :3

My mains were Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Lucario. And sometimes Falco, Toon Link, and Marth. Not that anyone asked, but I'm tellin'.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #33
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I'd like to think I fit in the category :3

My mains were Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Lucario. And sometimes Falco, Toon Link, and Marth. Not that anyone asked, but I'm tellin'.
G&W is my main on Brawl now, but I'm not really practiced enough with him to manage Oil Panic well (and most people I play against main largely projectile-less characters). Oil Panic is great if you can manage it but it's got a lot of little tricky details that make it hard to use effectively. Item Catch seems like it'll be a lot less finicky. The thing I'd like to know, though, is how punishable a miss will be.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #34
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
G&W is my main on Brawl now, but I'm not really practiced enough with him to manage Oil Panic well (and most people I play against main largely projectile-less characters). Oil Panic is great if you can manage it but it's got a lot of little tricky details that make it hard to use effectively. Item Catch seems like it'll be a lot less finicky. The thing I'd like to know, though, is how punishable a miss will be.
...what if Villager caught G&W's Oil Panic and he caught it back :o
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #35
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I imagine Oil Panic will be uncatchable for that very reason. xd

Is Oil Panic blockable by PSI Magnet and catchable by other G&W?

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #36
deoxys
Fog Badge

Doesn't look like it.

I imagine Oil Panic is considered a physical attack, not a projectile, due to its short range.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #37
Sneaze
Mrow?

It's a physical projectile in the same vein as Link's arrows, which also cannot be absorbed by the two attacks.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #38
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

BORKED

It looks like they are using a different voice actress for WFT from the one used in Wii Fit.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #39
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

BORKED

English master race.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #40
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Damn, I was hoping it was the fat, middle aged Mega Man from the Mega Man 1 NA box art (as he was in Street Fighter X Tekken), that was hilarious!

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #41
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsweeney View Post
Damn, I was hoping it was the fat, middle aged Mega Man from the Mega Man 1 NA box art (as he was in Street Fighter X Tekken), that was hilarious!
DLC.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #42
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I hope we at least get an alt costume with the ugly yellow and blue color scheme.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #43
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

When I was watching the video:

Villager: *Fistpumps* "Makes total sense, this is gonna be awesome!"
(Okay, that's a lie, it was much less coherent than that. They had the mail thing and the town and everything and my heart melted.)

Mega Man: Well. Nice. Not as much attuned with ze original 'Blue Bomber', but it makes sense. I will simply have to resist crying at the fact that Zero making an appearance (even as an assist trophy!) is unlikely.

Wii Fit Trainer: DID NOT SEE THIS AT ALL MY BRAIN DID NOT PROCESS THAT THIS WAS NOT A TROLL UNTIL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE.
GENIUS.
TOTALLY OUT OF LEFT FIELD, BUT GENIUS. ALSO A DELICIOUS MARKETING DECISION. OPERATION CASUAL-TO-HARDCORE IS IN FULL SWING.

Will definitely be using Villager. Catch Item is probably one of the coolest concepts for a move I've ever seen. I also might use the Wii Fit Trainer, despite having never played the game she's from. We will see.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #44
swampert28
#009: Blastoise

OMG, Kin, when this comes out, me, you, and Luke all have to exchange friend codes, and play online together.

Speaking of which, they didn't say anything about online, did they? I'd be interested about how well it's going to be.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #45
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

How about another Moveset Analysis? This time, Wii Fit Trainer.

Spoiler: show
Ground:
Jab - Cross Kick -> Knee -> Cross Kick - Interesting in the first jab that the front hitbox is high and there's an additional backwards hitbox that goes low. The second might be a bit of a weak point for the back hitbox, but I imagine that it's damage is a bit higher than the first jab. Probably a nice spacing move.
Tilt - Ballet Kick - A really interesting tilt in that it also has a clear back hitbox. She's looking to be pretty tricky already, especially considering it seems that her back won't be a weak point at all. Mind games anyone?
Up Tilt - Side Stretch - Looks like a pretty standard stab upwards. Also interesting in that it changes her height quite a bit and moves her body downwards. Might be a poor anti-aerial though, since it does hit lower than her height.
Down Tilt - Pushup to Jacknife - Unfortunate in that the pushup animation adds another handful of frames to the Jacknife, because this could be a decent down tilt otherwise. If that's not the case, it may be a decent combo move, but it doesn't look terribly promising at first glance.

Side Smash - Lunge - Seems pretty solid, probably her most reliable KO move, I'd guess. Comes out nice and fast and doesn't lag too much.
Up Smash - Tree - Seems to be at least decent, but I question the KO potential. Also the laggiest of the Smashes.
Down Smash - Grounded Leg Extension - Also a pretty laggy smash and reaaaaaaally low to the ground. If it has decent knockback, it could be okay, but the position it puts her in may be a bad thing.

Aerial:
Neutral A - ??? (could be the Aerial Jacknife as well)
Up A - Aerial Jacknife - Reminds me of Wario's clap but the hitbox is a bit more spread. It looks like it hangs out a little too, which is a good sign. However, I have a feeling that her core will probably not have damage, which means this could be a punishable attack easily and a poor anti-air.
Side A - Aerial Leg Extension - Seems decent enough, perhaps a little laggy, and probably a solid approach move with a Short Hop. Curious on the knockback potential; video seemed to make it seem decent.
Down A - Stick a Landing - Pictures on the site suggest this. I'm expecting something Ness's Down Aerial-y, which can be good but means that it may be punishable, have a lot of landing lag and will be hard to sweet spot. That said! This kind of meteor spike-y move might help her out since she looks like she might end up being an aerial character.

B - Soccer Ball Spike - Seems to be her only projectile. Fires at a weird diagonally downards angle and seems hard to control. Hopefully it's better than it looks because from the little bit we've seen of it, it's hard to say that it'll be good.
Side B - ???
Down B - ??? (Could be the ball, hard to say)
Up B - Hula Hoops - Jesus this is hilarious. Seems to be a bit erratic but gives her awesome upwards lift. I think she'll have really great vertical recovery but I worry a bit about her horizontal. Might be a fun spacer as well.

Dash - Arcing Side Stretch - Appears to be a decent approach move, and comes out -really- quickly.

Grab - ???

Taunts:
"You're doing great!"
"Great job!"
"Just a few more!"

Final Smash: Wii Fit - sorta boring, looks like a modified and faster version of Mario's.

Weight: ZSS-area, so pretty solid moderate, a little on the heavy side comparatively.

Overall, I have higher hopes fro WFT after looking at her moves in a little more detail. The best thing I can say about her is that all her moves come out almost instantly. She's ridiculously speedy in her hits and looks to have some healthy (lol) combo potential. She also has a lot of moves that modify her height which is pretty unique and may be a selling point if you can strategize with it. What worries me, though, is the fact that all her moves look like they could easily be sex kicks or simply end lag a ton, which would require a lot of really spot-on timing to keep combos going and maximize damage. She also looks like she has minimal side recovery, but hopefully a side B move we've yet to see will fix that.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #46
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampert28 View Post
OMG, Kin, when this comes out, me, you, and Luke all have to exchange friend codes, and play online together.

Speaking of which, they didn't say anything about online, did they? I'd be interested about how well it's going to be.
Sounds like a good idea, though it brings up something I didn't think of before- Will the Wii U and 3DS versions be able to play against eachother? And, if miraculously they can, I'd take it that they can only use shared stages?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #47
Mercutio
Banned

Man. Like. I'm not gonna get a 3DS or Wii-U, but I'm not sure what I think of the new game. I do not like the new Samus look.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #48
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

New Samus look?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #49
Mercutio
Banned

Sleeker, smaller cannon, more detail. I don't like it. But then Samus was ruined by Brawl so if they don't repower her in this I'll probably not bother playing as her (sob).

Thoughts on new!Bowser? He looks faster and smarter, which is good, but also ridiculously tall, which probably isn't.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #50
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Sleeker, smaller cannon, more detail. I don't like it. But then Samus was ruined by Brawl so if they don't repower her in this I'll probably not bother playing as her (sob).

Thoughts on new!Bowser? He looks faster and smarter, which is good, but also ridiculously tall, which probably isn't.
The increased speed is a blessing for me, as a Bowser player (I main him while playing for fun, and Lucas/MrG&W/Squirtle when trying to win) I often struggled to do anything due to the lumbering way he did everything that wasn't his f-air. I might be able to actually pull off combos with him! Never gonna happen

Won't talk about his new look as I have auto Bowser Bias which means he always looks good.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games