UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 01:34 PM   #626
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
King Ghidorah:

It goes to show how instinct can sometimes overpower both obedience and common sense. Surrounded by the blood and feathers of fellow avian Pokemon, Honchkrow is overwhelmed by a thirst for vengeance, and rather than remain silent at the enemy's approach, she bellows loudly to draw its attention, much to your dismay. The bird then takes flight upwards to engage whatever lies beyond, giving you no option but to follow, much slower, climbing further up.

As you struggle to grab branches both within reach and sturdy-looking enough to support your weight, you begin to fall behind and lose Honchkrow from sight. But it doesn't take long for the two of you to be reunited - following what sounds like an explosion above, your companion comes crashing down through the foliage, unconscious and enveloped in blue flames. You only have time to cradle her in your arms as she approaches, but in doing so, you lose your balance and fall back down. Still clutching Honchkrow in your arms, you mercifully land on one of the empty nests down below, but...

*ROOOOOAAAAAAAAAR*

Wincing from the pain of the tumble, you look upwards to see something terrifying - leaves and branches begin to catch fire, and soon afterwards, the head of a positively massive Hydreigon bursts through the flames, jaws agape and red eyes glowing with uncontrollable hunger!

The black beast's fangs close down on your backpack, and before you know it, you're being lifted off the nest and into the air, carried away on the Hydreigon's jaws... You struggle to break free, to no avail, and you can't even try to punch your way free, since Honchkrow is still passed out in your arms. All you can do is watch Cloud Forest shrink in the distance as the dragon gains height and carries you to its lair...

It feels like forever, but finally, a mountainous ridge comes into view,
and if you squint you can make out a small shrine made out of stone next to the base of the Starline Falls, on a small plateau against the mountainside. Down there is the Stone Shrine, but the Hydreigon does not lower altitude; instead, it heads to the mountain itself, where a large hole on the rock surface becomes progressively more noticeable. The dragon's lair...

The beast enters the cavern and unceremoniously drops you on the stone floor; you briefly fear it will devour you straight away, but instead, it growls and flies off again, as i the current haul is not enough for a proper meal. It must have left to get more food...

The cave itself is quite dark, but some sunlight still permeates the area from the wide entrance on the mountainside. What little you can make out from your surroundings, however, is quite disheartening at first glance: countless bones of all shapes and sizes, bloodied feathers scattered around the cave floor... And the stench...

You have no idea how long it will take for the Hydreigon to return, which means either taking your time to explore the cave or attempting to climb your way out of are both risky options. You do realize, however, that the backpack has been forcibly ripped from your shoulders, leaving only the straps - the dragon must have inadvertently swallowed it!

*You have lost access to any items in your Backpack that are not being held by Pokemon*

Some mess you got yourself into. What will you do now?
Panic began to set in. “I’m going to die here. I’m going to die here. I’m going to die here,” his internal monologue repeated in a dismal chant. Hugo was horrified by his surroundings. The shredded, rotting remainders of the Hydreigon’s previous victims. Hugo was seconds away from joining their haunted ranks. Somehow, he survived. But for how long? Honchkrow lay nearby where Hugo had dropped her upon crashing to the cave floor. She was still unconscious from the encounter with the Hydreigon. Hugo’s backpack was gone, but fortunately, he kept his Pokeballs in a holster on his belt. He scrambled for her Pokeball and quickly recalled her.

“Throh,” he said aloud. His heart sank at knowing his Judo Pokemon was miles away. It was probably for the best, though. If Hugo was going to die here, at least Throh was safe somewhere far from here. Hugo pulled himself to his feet and made his way toward the cave entrance. The Hydreigon was nowhere in sight. If Hugo was going to escape, now was his chance. He peered over the ledge of the entrance and could feel the tears well hot in his eyes. It was far too steep for Hugo to try to scale. So which was worse, plummeting to death or being eaten alive by a bloodthirsty monster?

“Perhaps it’s not over. I still have my Pokemon. Maybe we can fight our way out of this.” And he needed his backpack. If the Hydreigon swallowed it, well…he’d have to wait it out. It was decided. He wasn’t going to go down with a fight.

He began to wander deep into the cave, perhaps he could find a hiding spot. A few moments later, he sat on the ground and began to weep.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:28 PM   #627
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- Instinctively, Wildfire lashes out at the devious trio of egg snatchers, the flames on his back igniting as he exhales a Heat Wave towards the ceiling. You turn to follow attack, spotting the three Pokemon just before the attack connects. The blistering heat forces the Dark types to drop to the ground, they land deftly but clearly hurting from the attack. This fight was one you were given the all clear for, these Pokemon would pay for what they did. Snuffles inhales the odours of his adversaries, it would make it harder for them to evade him, which would likely be helpful considering how stealthy Sneasel are known to be. Following up, the Swinub gathers rock energy, harnessing an Ancient Power to single out one of the Sneasel. The Sneasel is smashed by the super effective attack, which sends it tumbling backwards. The other Sneasel and the Weavile turn on Snuffles, seeking to punish him for harming their friend. They swipe at him with Metal Claws, the Weavile glows red as it is rewarded as an attack boost for its efforts. Wildfire sends a barrage of spinning Swift stars their way, causing them to retreat and lick their wounds. The Weavile looks around, as if its assessing the situation. This could be a problem.

Dark type Pokemon are known for their cunning and it seems this Weavile is no exception. It barks orders at the Sneasels, the follow them quickly, breaking off to the right and left. You're now surrounded. It doesn't seem like the Weavile's done yet, as it gives its minions more orders. All at once the three of them let out an Icy Wind, creating a small tornado of chilling wind. The swirling winds chill you to your very core and Wildfire and Snuffles seem to be chilling as well. The flames on Wildfire's back die down to a dull flicker. It seems your opponents are now organised, can you defeat them when they're working in unison?
The Heat Wave knocked the Sneasel and Weavile to the ground, though they landed just fine. Snuffles took a moment to catch all three of their scents before tossing an Ancient Power at one of the Sneasel, knocking it back. The other Sneasel and Weavile clearly didn't like that as they turned their Metal Claws on Snuffles, who squealed in pain and backpedaled. Wildfire sent a barrage of Swift stars their way, making them retreat for a moment.

The Weavile sized up the situation and then barked something at the Sneasels, which had Wildfire setting himself back to back with Snuffles and bracing himself with a glare. The Sneasels split off, surrounding the three of them on all sides. The Weavile barked again and all three of them whipped up Icy Winds, sticking her and her Pokémon in the center of a chilly tornado.

Melissa squinted and flipped the hood of her jacket up. Her first thought was to have Wildfire use Fire Spin, but on second thought, she wasn't...entirely sure he knew it. Unfortunately. So, she turned to Snuffles, crouching down to conserve heat and so she could hopefully catch the Sneasels and Weavile by surprise.

"Snuffles, Dig toward the one you hit earlier and then Earth Power." Snuffles nodded hesitantly and then more firmly as he looked around for the one he was aiming for.

"Wildfire, Foresight and then Flame Wheel." Wildfire nodded with a "Quil!" and turned to look for the leader. Because of course he could.

Not that he was wrong. If they could knock out that Weavile, the Sneasel would hopefully be a bit easier to take down without anyone in particular coordinating them.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #628
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- With your peaceful stroll through the garden interrupted, you jump into action to try and disperse the Beedrill that are recklessly attacking the young girl. Laugh wastes no time, gathering shadows into a ball and launching it at the Beedrill approaching you. The ball collides with the incoming bug, exploding across its chest and forcing it to a halt. Help takes the opportunity to float over to the frothing Musharna's side, chiming with a Heal Bell to help combat the poisoning. Laugh takes aim at the Beedrill once more, this time lancing it with a powerful Ice Beam. The Beedrill doesn't seem all to confident anymore, the flowers in the girl's hat certainly weren't worth taking this much abuse. It zips away, disappearing into a nearby grove of trees. One down, one to go.

With the Musharna looking considerably better, Help turns her attention to the remaining Beedrill who is still harassing the girl. She fires a seed at the Bug type, which lands squarely in the middle of its back and quickly sprouts vines that wrap and tangle themselves around the Beedrill's wings. Help continues the constriction, extending her vine out to wrap up the Beedrill, but you soon realise this is a mistake. The Comfey is too small to hold the Beedrill, who begins to flail around violently, swinging Help through the air. Laugh rushes forward to try and help her, but a powerful Psybeam collides with the Beedrill before she can get close. Help releases her grip and floats back beside the Musharna who is now looking much better, all thanks to the Comfey's help. The Beedrill seems to realise it is outnumbered and flees like its friend. Crisis averted.

The girl climbs to her feet and dusts off her white dress. "Serves me right for sticking those flowers on with Honey", she giggles, at least she doesn't seem to be hurt. She walks over to you, there is a certain elegance in her step. The Musharna floats to her side, nuzzling her with its nose. "Thank you for you help miss, those Beedrill caught us by surprise. My name is Primrose, Primrose Nightingale. I'm the heiress of the Rosegarden Estate and I also happen to be the Trial Captain, can I assume that is why you are here? If so I'm afraid Musharna will have to eat before we can start the trial, would you care to join us? Its the least I can do after you helped me."

Help and Laugh gain 1 level

Myahoo- Surrounded on all sides and stuck in the middle of an ice tornado, you're forced to think quickly before your brain freezes. You had to divide and conquer, together these Sneasel and Weavile were strong, but individually you were confident you could defeat them. You give your orders and Snuffle digs beneath ground with as much stealth as he can manage. You and Wildfire continue to endure the freezing winds, Wildfire tries to keep locked on the Weavile, trying to foresee its next actions. Finally some relief comes as Snuffles shoots up from under the ground, smacking the already weakened Sneasel from below. The other Sneasel looses concentration, turning towards its comrade, much to the displeasure of the Weavile.

No longer held back by the Ice Tornado, Wildfire wheels across the ground towards the Weavile, gathering flames around him as he picks up speed. However while the short term effects of the tornado have subsided, the long term effects remain as Wildfire finds himself moving slower than he would like. This gives the Weavile time to move, it steps to the side and slashes Wildfire with a Night Slash as he wheels past. The flames still catch the Weavile's claws, a miscalculation on the cunning Pokemon's part as it finds itself suffering from a burn. Wildfire comes to a stop, while his attack wasn't completely successful, he was feeling warmer, his speed was returning to normal. Snuffles stares down the Sneasel he has in his sights. The Dark type attacks, quick on its feet it slinks forward to strike with a Feint Attack, dealing a solid blow to the Swinub. He fights back though, sending a surge of energy into the ground that soon erupts beneath the Sneasel. The power is too much for it and it collapses to the ground, unconscious. Snuffles grunts in celebration, but it might be a bit soon as the remaining Sneasel leaps at him from behind. It sinks its metallic claws into the Ice type, receiving an attack boost in the process. The odds are starting to level, but this fight was far from over.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:41 PM   #629
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- With your peaceful stroll through the garden interrupted, you jump into action to try and disperse the Beedrill that are recklessly attacking the young girl. Laugh wastes no time, gathering shadows into a ball and launching it at the Beedrill approaching you. The ball collides with the incoming bug, exploding across its chest and forcing it to a halt. Help takes the opportunity to float over to the frothing Musharna's side, chiming with a Heal Bell to help combat the poisoning. Laugh takes aim at the Beedrill once more, this time lancing it with a powerful Ice Beam. The Beedrill doesn't seem all to confident anymore, the flowers in the girl's hat certainly weren't worth taking this much abuse. It zips away, disappearing into a nearby grove of trees. One down, one to go.

With the Musharna looking considerably better, Help turns her attention to the remaining Beedrill who is still harassing the girl. She fires a seed at the Bug type, which lands squarely in the middle of its back and quickly sprouts vines that wrap and tangle themselves around the Beedrill's wings. Help continues the constriction, extending her vine out to wrap up the Beedrill, but you soon realise this is a mistake. The Comfey is too small to hold the Beedrill, who begins to flail around violently, swinging Help through the air. Laugh rushes forward to try and help her, but a powerful Psybeam collides with the Beedrill before she can get close. Help releases her grip and floats back beside the Musharna who is now looking much better, all thanks to the Comfey's help. The Beedrill seems to realise it is outnumbered and flees like its friend. Crisis averted.

The girl climbs to her feet and dusts off her white dress. "Serves me right for sticking those flowers on with Honey", she giggles, at least she doesn't seem to be hurt. She walks over to you, there is a certain elegance in her step. The Musharna floats to her side, nuzzling her with its nose. "Thank you for you help miss, those Beedrill caught us by surprise. My name is Primrose, Primrose Nightingale. I'm the heiress of the Rosegarden Estate and I also happen to be the Trial Captain, can I assume that is why you are here? If so I'm afraid Musharna will have to eat before we can start the trial, would you care to join us? Its the least I can do after you helped me."

Help and Laugh gain 1 level
The battle began! Laugh was quick to act in Terri's defense, landing a powerful Shadow Ball on one of the Beedrill and bringing its approach to an abrupt halt. At that point, Help went off to, well, help out the girl and her Musharna. Wasting no time, the Comfey sounded a Heal Bell, hoping to ease the Musharna's poisoning. Immediately afterwards, however, her attention was forcibly turned to the Beedrill. A Leech Seed was able to restrain the Beedrill somewhat, but Help's next move proved to be... not so helpful. The Comfey was dismayed to discover that the Beedrill's size advantage over her was very much an advantage here. Help was quickly at the Beedrill's mercy, being thrown about by the Poison Bee Pokémon's frantic flailing.

By this point, Laugh's Ice Beam was sufficient to make the Beedrill flee, so she rushed forward to help Help out with the other one, but this quickly proved to be unnecessary- Mushana was feeling much better at this point, and was able to land a powerful Psybeam. Realizing it was outnumbered and outmatched, Beedrill fled at once.

Terri breathed a sigh of relief, before turning to the girl, who was already on her feet and dusting off her dress. She then approached Terri, a definite kind of elegance in her step, and she thanked Terri for her help. Her name- Primrose Nightingale. And then she revealed that she was in fact the local Trial Captain! Terri nodded at Primrose's question. "I am indeed here for the trial," responded Terri. "My name is Terri, and this is Laugh, and this is Help," she added, introducing herself, the Froslass, and the Comfey, respectively, giving Primrose a polite bow in thr process. She nodded understandingly as Primrose explained that Musharna would first need to eat, and smiled as Primrose extended an offer for them to dine with her. "Well, certainly," she agreed. "Laugh, Help, is that OK with you?"

"Of course," the Froslass responded, with a polite bow to Primrose.

"Certainly!" Help piped up, twirling in place.

Terri gave a small giggle at these responses. "It's unanimous, then," she said to Primrose.

*Help grew to level 8!*

*Laugh grew to level 44!*
Old 01-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #630
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:

Prof Enigma:

The old fisherman looks genuinely surprised when you offer him a sandwich, but makes no efforts to appear polite as he snatches it off your hands and gobbles it down in a mere couple of bites.

"Ah, that hit the spot! Nice o' ya, kid." He smiles and looks upstream, his expression quickly shifting to one of concern once more. "My name's Otis. I made a livin' fishin' 'round these parts - now I'm retired, mind you, but I still like to come 'ere for old times' sake. And 'cause the missus gets mad if I don't bring home lunch, ya see. Lately, though... well, it's like I told ya."

Your Pokemon have, by now, gathered around the picnic area, listening to old Otis. Even as he goes on, you're already decided you want to look into this further, but when you extend your offer for the fisherman to join, he surprisingly declines.

"I admire yer courage boy, I do. But lemme be honest with ya - I'm 'fraid nothin' good lies upstream. Anythin' weird enough to turn this river into a sauna is sumthin' I'd love to have tangled with in my youth, but..." Otis looks at the ground, sadness in his eyes over what he used to be, and no longer can. "I'm old now. Got the wifey home waitin' fer me, and she's no spring chicken neither... Who knows what'd 'appen to 'er if I never made it back..."

He rummages through a small leather bag hanging from his hook-lined belt, and retrieves a single, extremely old and battered-looking PokéBall.

"Besides, I only got me a single Pokemon to me name, and the bloody device is so rusty I can't even call it out. Wouldn't do me any good even if it could come out, though..." Suddenly, his eyes light up. "Oh! Maybe you can take it along. That way it's almost as if I wasn't a big old coward and was actually taggin' along with y'all. 'Ere, take it. Maybe you'll manage to get it open somehow."

You receive 1x Malfunctioning PokéBall from Otis and he pats you on the shoulder.

"You're a brave lad. If you really wanna do this, keep headin' North along the Starline River and you'll reach the Waterfall. I reckon you'll find the source of the problem sooner rather than later. But be careful boy - I don't need the extra guilt if sumthin' 'appens to you, eh?"

Well, are you going through with this after all? If so, you might want to make some final preparations before you set out. You can ask Otis a couple more questions before you get going, if you think it'll help, but you should probably make haste upstream before the sun sets, since exploration will definitely be harder during nighttime.

Out of curiosity, I clicked the button that triggered the releasing mechanism to see what happens.
Nothing. Well he did say it was rusted out.
Perhaps later on I could pry it open, or try putting it in some acetic acid. Usually around the outdoors there almost always is something acetic.

"I completely understand Otis, I think I am gonna head up there now- I look over my shoulder at my pokemon, all of whom cleaned up their platters and stowed it away in the picnic basket.
Oisirn was sweeping up the remaining crumbs off with his tail, and Queenie was folding up the picnic blanket.
-"Will you be alright getting home Otis?"
Maybe I should escort him home to his wife if he needs the assistance, Otherwise, I wanna start heading up towards the Falls.

If Otis's house was along the way, we could do both without much effort.
I looked at him, and wondered what kind of pokemon he had back in his day, judging from the obvious, perhaps aquatic water types, but you never know with trainers. Maybe he used to be a wrestler back in his day, and likes to fish now.
Hmm...

While I waited for Otis's reply, I picked up Delia in my arms. I had only just found out that she's mute. I reminded myself that I will have to teach her ASL later.
Delia is a special case for me, I thought, She was abandonded in part by her last owner, and its very clear that she still feels that pain of rejection. I just hope I could help her look past it.
Maybe this trip will help me start that processes.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 10-11-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #631
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Raves:

The kids look at one another with visible excitement when you propose a battle, but soon that excitement escalates into a childish argument of who should have, in their own words, “dibs”. It seems they can’t reach an agreement, each of them wanting to show off their “sick moves”, and at this pace they’ll never settle on anything. You’re just about to consider the possibility of facing all of them, if it got them to shut up, when an adult male’s voice is heard in the distance.

“Geez, there you guys are! I swear, I leave you alone for five minutes and you’re off to… oh, hello there.”

A man in his early forties appears from behind some foliage, impeccably dressed in Ranger gear with all the bells and whistles you would expect from one: massive backpack, check; Escape Rope tied to the belt, check; flashlight pinned to the jacket’s pocket, check. He seems friendly enough, waving at you as he sees you’ve taken care of the kids in his absence, though an actual smile is hard to make out beneath his thick red beard. You assume the mouth is somewhere in there, at least.

“Sorry if they caused you any trouble,” the Ranger continues apologetically as he walks over to you with an outstretched palm looking for a handshake. “This is my PokéScout class; I went to gather some wood to show them how to make a campfire, and apparently they all decided it was a great idea to run away. Name’s Linus, what’s yours?”

It was then that the girl with the Pignite let out an excited scream and began pointing at the two of you.

“Why don’t you two battle one another? Ranger Linus, you always say PokéScouts have to know how to fend for themselves, right?!”

“Yeah Mr. Linus, you do it! It’s gunna be awesome!”

Soon, every kid around you is shouting words of encouragement, eager to watch a proper battle between two adults. Linus, however, looks completely puzzled.

“Wait, where did this come from? A battle? Did you?...” Suddenly, he seems to put two and two together. “Were you challenging these kids to a fight?”

It seems the Ranger can’t quite come to terms with what to think of you: the man who kept his Scouts safe in his absence, or the man who was trying to pick a fight with a bunch of twelve-year-olds.

“… Eh, what the heck, why not; been a while since I had a tussle with anyone other than some wild Ursaring. Let’s just… try not to burn anything,” he says, tossing a glare at the Pignite Trainer who blushes. “Pick your poison, man.”

If there was something that Alex was expectant of, it was the fact that youngsters enjoyed battling. Indeed, on the proposition, the teens began to bicker among themselves on who would get to fight him, and he was almost prepared to call upon Gol to try and calm things down with a large clap and taking them all on when an older voice called out from nearby.

Said voice belonged to what was doubtlessly a ranger, replete with uniform, rope, backpack, the works. A razor though was out of the question given the man's great beard as Alex raised an eyebrow at the man, until he explained himself with a handshake. The teens that had caused some mischief were his scout class, he was Linus and he was absent hunting for wood for a campfire, just long enough for trouble to inevitably brew thanks to a misunderstanding and a devilish Buneary...

"Oh, right. The name's Alex, and uh, we're fine. A bit of a kerfuffle with a wild pokemon, but otherwise fine," he replied, rubbing head with gauntlet as he averted his eyes from the scenery. Just then, the girl with the Pignite made the suggestion that Linus should battle Alex, citing something regarding scouts fending for themselves, and the peer pressure on the poor man and dawning realisation, not helped by Cal's clacking and urging.

"Well, I wouldn't say I was challenging them exactly, more looking to give my guys some exercise after lunch. A lunch, might I add, would have been a lot more peaceful had one or two of them not decided to add to the excitement," the trainer responded, raising an eyebrow at the Pignite girl. "Though, having a think about it, I think it'd be a decent idea to give a couple of my newer guys a bit of training. Nothing wrong with Cal and Gol here, but if we're being careful with the surroundings they're probably a bit hazardous..."

The Garchomp's response to this was a bashful chuckle as he flopped down near the teens, while the giant Golurk gave what appeared to be some sort of nod and merely hefted Alex's supplies back over shoulder and gingerly stepped to the side, faint booms from footsteps echoing. As Alex turned his attention to the Zangoose, he opted to keep her back, aware that the shadow pokemon likely had some thinking to do and lessons to learn as Totsuka held the ball of the Buneary. He'd have to think of a name for the lapine critter...

"Okay, I was thinking a two on two double battle, and I think I've got a pair willing to participate. Attila, Asclepius, come on out!" Giving a flick of his gauntlet, with a full rotation of the wrist - one clever little circus trick he at least possessed following the impromptu amputation and reconstruction - the man released the pair onto the field before the ranger. The Larvitar simply stood there, staring defiantly as always, while the Ralts trembled a little, less than certain of himself. Between her overconfidence and his lack of confidence, hopefully we can help both of them improve on their weaknesses.

OOC: Taking the opportunity to use my 18 candies from the Trick or Treat events and the Xmas giveaway to pop 13 to my Larvitar taking her from level 17 to 30, and the other 5 to Ralts taking him from 14 to 19.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:04 AM   #632
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- Unable to undertake the trial until Primrose's Musharna has recovered, you accept the offer of the Trial Captain. Primrose leads the way, clutching her hat in her hands to try and prevent luring in any more Bug Pokemon. After a short stroll through the gardens, you reach your destination, a gazebo with vines delicately wrapped around its columns. You follow Primrose up the steps and take a seat at a small ornate table.

"Just a moment, I have to grab a couple of things, make yourself at home." Primrose darts off, however the Musharna remains behind. The Psychic type seems to be getting along well with Help, you relax and watch as the pair float around each other, dancing through the air. It's only a minute before Primrose returns, a basket in her hands. She places the basket on the table before opening it. She places a bundle of berries on the ground, the Musharna quickly descends and begins munching on them. "Help yourself you two, there are plenty for everyone." The Trial Captain urges Laugh and Help to eat as well, they'd earned it. Primrose then pulls a teapot and two teacups out of the basket.

"I hope you like tea Terri, I grow my own tea leaves." As she pours the beverage into both cups, steam rises off them. "Oh it still seems to be a bit hot, that's alright, gives me time to explain the trial to you." Primrose picks up her teacup and blows the steam off it. "You'll face a total of three challenges, you'll need to win two if you want my badge. Musharna will put you into a dream state, you'll have full awareness and you're Pokemon will be with you. You won't sustain any harm within the dream. Don't get too crazy, because you're brain will still think what you're experiencing is real and the last thing you want to do is go into shock. If you're unsure at any point, just listen for my voice and I'll do my best to assist you. I'd advise you to only use one Pokemon at a time within the dream, Musharna can only so much." Primrose takes a sip from her tea, it seems to have cooled down. "Do you have any questions before we get.... oh looks like its time."

You've been so busy paying attention to Primrose that you haven't noticed the pink mist gathering around the base of the gazebo. Laugh and Help are already snoozing, the Musharna is starting to float upwards, the pink mist flows from its head. "Breathe deep Terri, relax and breathe deep." The mist soon fills the entire gazebo, for some reason it remains within the structure, as if held in by some mysterious force. You inhale the mist, you can feel your eyelids growing heavy. You reach out for your tea, but before you can pick up the cup, you pass out.....

Trial Start! Terri Vs Trial Captain Primrose

You are awakened by a tremendous roar, rubbing your eyes you stand up to find yourself standing in a magnificent ballroom. At the far side of the room is a large Granbull, unlike any you have ever seen. Not only is it twice as big, its short purple fur has been replaced by a thick coat of matted brown hair. It seems to be storming around a table, upon which sits a lonely Floette, trapped in a glass container. Looking around, you soon spot Laugh, the Froslass clutches Help's Pokeball.

"Help's inside, what are you wearing Terri?" The Froslass hands you the ball, a confused look on her face. You look down and are left astonished, for some reason, you're now wearing a stunning yellow ballgown! Things only get more confusing as a Chandelure floats towards you and begins to speak.

"Enchanté Mademoiselle, my name is Lumičre. I'm afraid you must act quickly to soothe the Beast, before long poor Floette's flower will be no more and you will have failed. Tread carefully my cherie, the Beast has been known to lash out violently."

Old 01-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #633
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- Unable to undertake the trial until Primrose's Musharna has recovered, you accept the offer of the Trial Captain. Primrose leads the way, clutching her hat in her hands to try and prevent luring in any more Bug Pokemon. After a short stroll through the gardens, you reach your destination, a gazebo with vines delicately wrapped around its columns. You follow Primrose up the steps and take a seat at a small ornate table.

"Just a moment, I have to grab a couple of things, make yourself at home." Primrose darts off, however the Musharna remains behind. The Psychic type seems to be getting along well with Help, you relax and watch as the pair float around each other, dancing through the air. It's only a minute before Primrose returns, a basket in her hands. She places the basket on the table before opening it. She places a bundle of berries on the ground, the Musharna quickly descends and begins munching on them. "Help yourself you two, there are plenty for everyone." The Trial Captain urges Laugh and Help to eat as well, they'd earned it. Primrose then pulls a teapot and two teacups out of the basket.

"I hope you like tea Terri, I grow my own tea leaves." As she pours the beverage into both cups, steam rises off them. "Oh it still seems to be a bit hot, that's alright, gives me time to explain the trial to you." Primrose picks up her teacup and blows the steam off it. "You'll face a total of three challenges, you'll need to win two if you want my badge. Musharna will put you into a dream state, you'll have full awareness and you're Pokemon will be with you. You won't sustain any harm within the dream. Don't get too crazy, because you're brain will still think what you're experiencing is real and the last thing you want to do is go into shock. If you're unsure at any point, just listen for my voice and I'll do my best to assist you. I'd advise you to only use one Pokemon at a time within the dream, Musharna can only so much." Primrose takes a sip from her tea, it seems to have cooled down. "Do you have any questions before we get.... oh looks like its time."

You've been so busy paying attention to Primrose that you haven't noticed the pink mist gathering around the base of the gazebo. Laugh and Help are already snoozing, the Musharna is starting to float upwards, the pink mist flows from its head. "Breathe deep Terri, relax and breathe deep." The mist soon fills the entire gazebo, for some reason it remains within the structure, as if held in by some mysterious force. You inhale the mist, you can feel your eyelids growing heavy. You reach out for your tea, but before you can pick up the cup, you pass out.....

Trial Start! Terri Vs Trial Captain Primrose

You are awakened by a tremendous roar, rubbing your eyes you stand up to find yourself standing in a magnificent ballroom. At the far side of the room is a large Granbull, unlike any you have ever seen. Not only is it twice as big, its short purple fur has been replaced by a thick coat of matted brown hair. It seems to be storming around a table, upon which sits a lonely Floette, trapped in a glass container. Looking around, you soon spot Laugh, the Froslass clutches Help's Pokeball.

"Help's inside, what are you wearing Terri?" The Froslass hands you the ball, a confused look on her face. You look down and are left astonished, for some reason, you're now wearing a stunning yellow ballgown! Things only get more confusing as a Chandelure floats towards you and begins to speak.

"Enchanté Mademoiselle, my name is Lumičre. I'm afraid you must act quickly to soothe the Beast, before long poor Floette's flower will be no more and you will have failed. Tread carefully my cherie, the Beast has been known to lash out violently."
Much as Terri was hoping to get the trial underway, she couldn't complain about having to wait. She was in no hurry, and Primrose's offer of letting them eat with her was something she was in no mood to refuse.

They arrived at a gazebo, its columns wrapped with vines, which Terri thought looked quite nice. Primrose left them there as she went to go grab something, which turned out to be a basket full of food. A bundle of berries was the first thing to be extracted from within, and placed on the ground for the Pokémon to eat. Help was happy go in and help herself, but Laugh merely looked down nervously, moreso as Primrose only produced two teacups.

"Oh, I do like tea," Terri nodded in response, though as she saw Laugh, she realized what was up. "Laugh does, too," she added. "She might be an Ice-type, but she does enjoy it warm."

"Terri, it- it's OK," murmured the Froslass, almost inaudibly.

"No," Terri said gently. "If you want tea, you are more than welcome to it. You can share my cup." Laugh said nothing in response to this, but the small, grateful smile she gave Terri said it all. That said, it was agreed all around that the tea was too hot to be considered drinkable by anything beyond a Fire-type, and so Primrose took the opportunity to explain the trial. There would be three challenges, and Terri would only need to win two in order to qualify for the badge. Musharna was going to put them into a dream state, during which she'd have full awareness, and access to her current team of Pokémon. However, though no atual harm could come to her within the dream, her brain wouldn't necessarily know that, and nobody wanted her to go into shock. At any point, if she was uncertain how to proceed, Terri needed only listen for Primrose's voice and she'd try and give her a nudge in the right direction. And due to Musharna's limitations, Terri was strongly advised to only use one Pokémon at a time. Primrose was about to ask if Terri had any questions, but apparently, it was time for the trial to begin. Indeed, as Terri looked around, she saw pink mist swirling all around them. Dream Mist, she realized, from Primrose's Musharna. Laugh and Help had already fallen asleep, and Terri was on her way herself. She nodded at Primrose's instructions, relaxing herself and breathing deep, falling asleep even before she'd put her head down on the table.

~~~~~

An earsplitting roar forcibly awakened Terri, and she stood up, realizing she was in a magnificent ballroom. And at the other end of it, a gigantic Granbull, covered in thick brown fur. It was storming around a table, upon which sat a glass container, within which sat a Floette.

But before Terri could react to this too much, Laugh approached her. "Help's inside," she said, handing Terri a Poké Ball. "Wh- what are you wearing, Terri?" she added, looking down at Terri's body. Terri followed her girlfriend's gaze...

...and saw that she was clad in a magnificent yellow ballgown! "Oh!" Terri exclaimed. "Well, it's not quite my style, but it does look nice," she commented.

"I... I like how it looks," Laugh added, blushing slightly. This got Terri to smile, but this was quickly interrupted by the sudden appearance of a Chandelure, who spoke to Terri. His name, apparently, was Lumičre, and he essentially filled Terri in on what had to be done- the Beast had to be soothed, and quickly, before Floette's flower was no more. The first challenge of the trial- of course! Terri nodded in response to Lumičre, and looked over at the gargantuan grumpy Granbull. "How are you going to soothe the Beast?" asked Laugh.

Terri did not respond right away, looking deep in thought. Then, she noticed the Poké Ball in hand, and her eyes lit up, but she still looked a bit conflicted. And finally, she gave a sigh. "Well... Help could probably help with this," she said. "But the thing is, Primrose told me I should only have one Pokémon out at a time, and-"

"-and you don't want to subject me to being in my ball," Laugh finished. "I... I really appreciate that, Terri, but... I- I couldn't let you fail the trial for such a reason. Besides, isn't that why you switched me into a Luxury Ball to begin with?" she reminded her girlfriend.

Terri gave a smile in response. "You're right," she nodded. "OK, then. If you're sure you're OK with this?" she added. When Laugh nodded, Terri nodded back, then withdrew the Froslass. Then, she threw the regular Poké Ball, from which Help re-emerged, giving a frightened squeak as she spotted the beast. "Help, it's OK," Terri reassured the Fairy-type. "We're gonna try and soothe that Granbull, OK? And I can't think of anyone better suited to that than you. You're gonna come with me over there, and if your natural scent doesn't help to soothe the Beast, then maybe your Heal Bell will do the trick." Help still looked a little concerned, but gave a brave nod nevertheless. Though she didn't say as much to Terri, the Comfey was still feeling a bit inadequate ever since proving horribly incapable of incapacitating the Beedrill earlier.

Terri led the way over to the large, imposing Granbull. "Hello," she greeted the brown-furred Fairy-type, a polite smile on her face. "My name is Terri. You look very nice." Help, while still a bit scared, didn't show it, instead nodding in agreement with Terri, hoping that here naturally soothing fragrance would do its job, and ready for a Heal Bell if not. And if the Beast were to lash out violently, Help decided that intercepting the attack and following up with Draining Kiss might be in order, though considering Terri was to try and soothe the Beast, not battle the Beast, she hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Trial Start!
Old 01-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #634
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- After taking some time to absorb your surroundings and assess the situation, you devise a plan to temper the Beast-like Granbull. The only issue was that you required Help's help, but in order to use the Comfey you would need to call Laugh into her Luxury Ball. Although she didn't enjoy it, Laugh knew that if she didn't go into the ball, your chances of winning the trial would be impacted. You withdrew her into her ball before releasing Help, the Comfey was a little startled by the situation at hand. After some reassurance she calms, there wasn't time to worry.

At your order, the Comfey floats forward towards the Beast. With her strong scent, it doesn't take long for the Beast to be drawn to her, its rage filled eyes cut straight through her. The Beast lumbers forward, its Intimidating presence causing the Comfey to tremble. As the Beast gets closer, she begins to chime with a Heal Bell, but the result isn't what she expects. The Heal Bell seems to capture the Beasts attention and it begins chase after Help, the Comfey turns and flees up the staircase, trying to escape from the Beast. You watch and try to calm the Beast with your words but it pays no attention. As Help flies over the banister, the Beast leaps and lands on it, digging his razor sharp claws into the wood. Getting in before the Beast and strike, Help dashes forward, planting a Draining Kiss on the Beast's cheek. The Beast seems a little stunned, but also notably calmer. You weren't victorious yet but you'd made some progress.

As Help floats back down to you, you watch carefully as the Beast stalks you from above, slinking around the banister. Help lets out a cry as she notices a petal fall from the Floette's flower, you were indeed on a timer.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #635
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- After taking some time to absorb your surroundings and assess the situation, you devise a plan to temper the Beast-like Granbull. The only issue was that you required Help's help, but in order to use the Comfey you would need to call Laugh into her Luxury Ball. Although she didn't enjoy it, Laugh knew that if she didn't go into the ball, your chances of winning the trial would be impacted. You withdrew her into her ball before releasing Help, the Comfey was a little startled by the situation at hand. After some reassurance she calms, there wasn't time to worry.

At your order, the Comfey floats forward towards the Beast. With her strong scent, it doesn't take long for the Beast to be drawn to her, its rage filled eyes cut straight through her. The Beast lumbers forward, its Intimidating presence causing the Comfey to tremble. As the Beast gets closer, she begins to chime with a Heal Bell, but the result isn't what she expects. The Heal Bell seems to capture the Beasts attention and it begins chase after Help, the Comfey turns and flees up the staircase, trying to escape from the Beast. You watch and try to calm the Beast with your words but it pays no attention. As Help flies over the banister, the Beast leaps and lands on it, digging his razor sharp claws into the wood. Getting in before the Beast and strike, Help dashes forward, planting a Draining Kiss on the Beast's cheek. The Beast seems a little stunned, but also notably calmer. You weren't victorious yet but you'd made some progress.

As Help floats back down to you, you watch carefully as the Beast stalks you from above, slinking around the banister. Help lets out a cry as she notices a petal fall from the Floette's flower, you were indeed on a timer.
Thus far, it was working- Help's scent was able to attract the Beast's attention. But the Heal Bell didn't go as planned. Rather than calm the Beast down, instead the gigantic Granbull was drawn to chase after Help. And considering the size of your average Comfey, Help was more than a little freaked out by this. An almost comedic chase ensued. Terri tried to soothe the Beast with words, but nothing worked- its attention was entirely on Help.

But then, progress was made- Help had to land that Draining Kiss after all, and as she did so, the Beast seemed stunned, and more to the point, considerably calmer. Quickly, Help looked over at Terri, silently asking for more instructions.

Terri considered this. Everything she'd asked Help to do to contribute to this had gone sideways, whereas the one part the Comfey improvised was the only thing that thus far had yielded results. With all this in mind, Terri could only really come to one conclusion, and with that in mind, she shook her head and gave Help a confident smile, silently relaying her confidence in Help to handle things on her own.

Help... was not convinced this was the best course of action. Then again, though, she reasoned, the one thing she did on her own intuition was what was getting results... maybe Terri was right to place her trust in the Comfey's judgment? Emboldened by this reasoning, and by the Beast's currently relatively calmer demeanor, Help turned back to the Beast. While the Granbull was still stunned, she planned to gently drape her flower-filled tail around his neck, and to speak soothingly to the Beast, maybe compliment how it looked or some such, and probably follow up with a kiss- not of the draining variety this time, or at least she hoped, but if indeed a second Draining Kiss was necessary, Help would be ready for that, too.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #636
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Myahoo- Surrounded on all sides and stuck in the middle of an ice tornado, you're forced to think quickly before your brain freezes. You had to divide and conquer, together these Sneasel and Weavile were strong, but individually you were confident you could defeat them. You give your orders and Snuffle digs beneath ground with as much stealth as he can manage. You and Wildfire continue to endure the freezing winds, Wildfire tries to keep locked on the Weavile, trying to foresee its next actions. Finally some relief comes as Snuffles shoots up from under the ground, smacking the already weakened Sneasel from below. The other Sneasel looses concentration, turning towards its comrade, much to the displeasure of the Weavile.

No longer held back by the Ice Tornado, Wildfire wheels across the ground towards the Weavile, gathering flames around him as he picks up speed. However while the short term effects of the tornado have subsided, the long term effects remain as Wildfire finds himself moving slower than he would like. This gives the Weavile time to move, it steps to the side and slashes Wildfire with a Night Slash as he wheels past. The flames still catch the Weavile's claws, a miscalculation on the cunning Pokemon's part as it finds itself suffering from a burn. Wildfire comes to a stop, while his attack wasn't completely successful, he was feeling warmer, his speed was returning to normal. Snuffles stares down the Sneasel he has in his sights. The Dark type attacks, quick on its feet it slinks forward to strike with a Feint Attack, dealing a solid blow to the Swinub. He fights back though, sending a surge of energy into the ground that soon erupts beneath the Sneasel. The power is too much for it and it collapses to the ground, unconscious. Snuffles grunts in celebration, but it might be a bit soon as the remaining Sneasel leaps at him from behind. It sinks its metallic claws into the Ice type, receiving an attack boost in the process. The odds are starting to level, but this fight was far from over.
Snuffles dug into the ground as stealthily as he could once he got a lock on the Sneasel he was aiming for, leaving Melissa and Wildfire to shiver in the center of the icy tornado. Well, more Melissa than Wildfire as the Cyndaquil was squinting through the wind at the Weavile he was hoping to take down quickly.

Several long moments later, Snuffles burst from the ground, ramming straight into his target and distracting the other Sneasel. Wildfire immediately took advantage of the calming winds, curling into a ball and taking off for the Weavile, trailing flames as he went. The Weavile clearly saw him coming, though, and avoided the attack, hitting Wildfire with a Night Slash as he passed by. Unfortunately for it, the flames seemed to catch on its claws as Wildfire skidded to a stop, fire burning brightly from his back again.

Snuffles, on the other hand, determinedly stared down his Sneasel as he waited for it to attack. And attack it did, slinking forward to feint an attack that landed solidly on the Swinub. But it miscalculated and Snuffles managed to guess right where it would go, hitting the area with an Earth Power and knocking that Sneasel out. He lost track of the other Sneasel, though, and it stabbed him from behind with metallic claws. He squealed and tried to bolt, surprise and pain triggering his flight reflex before Melissa caught his attention and reminded him that he was in a battle.

"Snuffles! Rock Smash and then another Ancient Power," Melissa yelled as Snuffles shivered and turned back to the Sneasel now targeting him.

"Wildfire." Melissa grinned. "Double Kick then Rollout." Wildfire echoed her, bracing himself against the cave floor in preparation for the next round.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #637
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Heather:
The battle was still fairly fresh as the pom-pom Oricorio and Bantu the Trapinch had exchanged a few glancing blows. Mint internally went through the list of her options on how to proceed from here, narrowing it down to two styles of battle. She analyzed each outcome and possible repercussions to each option, but after tormenting over it long enough, a simple answer came to her; why not both? It seemed harmless enough anyway, and called out for Bantu to use both attacks in succession. The Trapinch listened and quickly nodded, ready to carry out his trainer’s plan.

While Bantu was ready to go, the much quicker Oricorio was as well, and quickly chirped another threatening Growl in the small antlion’s direction. Bantu shuddered a little, but tried to not let it discourage him too much as he scooped his giant shovel-like jaws into the earth and flung a super effective Rock Slide at the bird. Oricorio chirped in pain and dusted itself off before flapping its wings, kicking up another Air Cutter in the process. The sharp wind shockwaves sliced through the air and struck Bantu, who had already begun Biding his time. The effect of the attack definitely stung, but the Trapinch remained motionless as he continued to soak it all in.

Seeing as the Trapinch wasn’t moving or retaliating, Oricorio seized the opportunity to attack once more. She hopped in close and Pounded Bantu with one of her pom-poms for a decent amount of damage. Still no reaction. Puzzled, Oricorio wasn’t going to let a free chance slip by, so she closed in for a sharp Peck at her foe, but as she did so, Bantu suddenly began glowing bright red, releasing a powerful amount of energy as he blasted the Oricorio and sent her flying. Oricorio landed on the ground with a thud some 20 feet away. She had taken quite a bit of damage as she slowly got back to her feet, but Bantu wasn’t looking so fresh either; he had taken a few attacks while putting up no guard and had expended a good deal of energy. What will Mint do?

TheKnightsFury:
Quite a bit of time had passed since the days of Jayson’s escapades around the base of Mt. Zephyria. Now armed with some of his father’s hand-me-down Pokemon, the Magical Time Baby™ named Triton stood at the base of the roaring Starline Falls. It was just as picturesque as his father had described; an endless supply of water cascading down from heavens over a steep cliff face that seemed to go as high as the eye could see. With the low cloud line that perpetually circled the mountain, it really did give off the illusion from the bottom that the sky was where the water came from.

The water from the falls collected in a large pool at the base, where it then funneled off into a large river that fed all the way down into Galea Town. Triton desired to relax and go for a swim in these turbulent yet pristine waters, but Oceanus the Prinplup seemed to be a little more focused on the task at hand; getting to the top of these falls. Triton relented and asked for his Pokemon to assist him in swimming up the powerful Waterfall. The medium sized penguin Pokemon agreed and allowed Triton to get a good grip on his Pokemon as they got closer and closer to the misty foam that splashed their faces. Little did they know, but something had been watching them from below the choppy surface of the water.

It practically felt like Triton was being water boarded at first as Oceanus and he first began their ascent up the falls. The constant inundation of water was relentless, if not overwhelming, and it took a few minutes to get used to. Once they had cleared the mist that shrouded the base of the falls, they seemed to settle in to the vertical climb. Oceanus was holding up fine, but it took every bit of his concentration to support both his own and his trainer’s body weight as he defied gravity and swam up the waterfall. Triton tried his best to remain still and keep a firm grip on his Pokemon so that he wouldn’t disturb the Prinplup and cause them to come crashing down to earth. The higher up they got, the more dangerous the fall would become.

Due to the stressful nature of their actions, the ascent felt like it took hours, although it was most likely only a fraction of that time. However, Triton’s concentration was broken as they were nearly two thirds of the way up. “Ow!” he suddenly exclaimed as he felt a sharp jab on his leg that began to sear with pain. Had they hit a jagged rock or something? It was unlikely, as the constant force of water pressure had filed down the cliff’s surface to a very slick and slippery level. Triton racked his brain as he thought about what it could have been, but as the minutes passed by, he could find himself growing weary. It was beginning to get harder and harder to focus. Oceanus could feel his trainer’s grip begin to loosen. They were so close to the top; now was not the time to slack off. Fearing for his trainer’s safety, the Prinplup doubled his efforts and made his way up to the top of the falls.

It was like breathing for the first time in a long time, as Oceanus carried Triton over the edge of the Starline Waterfall. They were far from safety however, as the rapid current continuously threatened to send them back down to where they had come from. Oceanus tried his best to keep pulling his trainer along, but just didn’t have the strength or the wherewithal to Surf him across the surface of the water. Triton’s focus slowly came-to as he heard Oceanus’s chirps cry out to him. Looking around, the Prinplup had dragged him to a large boulder right in the middle of the river. The rapids were fierce on either side of them. Oceanus had done wonders to get them this far, but getting to shore might be a bit hard at the moment. Triton could probably try to swim for it after he rested up, but as he looked down at his leg, it looked swollen with a small amount of blood trickling out of it. He felt woozy, as if he had been poisoned. While he was assessing the situation, both he and Oceanus heard a loud splash nearby. From the sound of it, it probably was something large and had likely followed them up the falls stealthily. What will they do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #638
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
TheKnightsFury:
Quite a bit of time had passed since the days of Jayson’s escapades around the base of Mt. Zephyria. Now armed with some of his father’s hand-me-down Pokemon, the Magical Time Baby™ named Triton stood at the base of the roaring Starline Falls. It was just as picturesque as his father had described; an endless supply of water cascading down from heavens over a steep cliff face that seemed to go as high as the eye could see. With the low cloud line that perpetually circled the mountain, it really did give off the illusion from the bottom that the sky was where the water came from.

The water from the falls collected in a large pool at the base, where it then funneled off into a large river that fed all the way down into Galea Town. Triton desired to relax and go for a swim in these turbulent yet pristine waters, but Oceanus the Prinplup seemed to be a little more focused on the task at hand; getting to the top of these falls. Triton relented and asked for his Pokemon to assist him in swimming up the powerful Waterfall. The medium sized penguin Pokemon agreed and allowed Triton to get a good grip on his Pokemon as they got closer and closer to the misty foam that splashed their faces. Little did they know, but something had been watching them from below the choppy surface of the water.

It practically felt like Triton was being water boarded at first as Oceanus and he first began their ascent up the falls. The constant inundation of water was relentless, if not overwhelming, and it took a few minutes to get used to. Once they had cleared the mist that shrouded the base of the falls, they seemed to settle in to the vertical climb. Oceanus was holding up fine, but it took every bit of his concentration to support both his own and his trainer’s body weight as he defied gravity and swam up the waterfall. Triton tried his best to remain still and keep a firm grip on his Pokemon so that he wouldn’t disturb the Prinplup and cause them to come crashing down to earth. The higher up they got, the more dangerous the fall would become.

Due to the stressful nature of their actions, the ascent felt like it took hours, although it was most likely only a fraction of that time. However, Triton’s concentration was broken as they were nearly two thirds of the way up. “Ow!” he suddenly exclaimed as he felt a sharp jab on his leg that began to sear with pain. Had they hit a jagged rock or something? It was unlikely, as the constant force of water pressure had filed down the cliff’s surface to a very slick and slippery level. Triton racked his brain as he thought about what it could have been, but as the minutes passed by, he could find himself growing weary. It was beginning to get harder and harder to focus. Oceanus could feel his trainer’s grip begin to loosen. They were so close to the top; now was not the time to slack off. Fearing for his trainer’s safety, the Prinplup doubled his efforts and made his way up to the top of the falls.

It was like breathing for the first time in a long time, as Oceanus carried Triton over the edge of the Starline Waterfall. They were far from safety however, as the rapid current continuously threatened to send them back down to where they had come from. Oceanus tried his best to keep pulling his trainer along, but just didn’t have the strength or the wherewithal to Surf him across the surface of the water. Triton’s focus slowly came-to as he heard Oceanus’s chirps cry out to him. Looking around, the Prinplup had dragged him to a large boulder right in the middle of the river. The rapids were fierce on either side of them. Oceanus had done wonders to get them this far, but getting to shore might be a bit hard at the moment. Triton could probably try to swim for it after he rested up, but as he looked down at his leg, it looked swollen with a small amount of blood trickling out of it. He felt woozy, as if he had been poisoned. While he was assessing the situation, both he and Oceanus heard a loud splash nearby. From the sound of it, it probably was something large and had likely followed them up the falls stealthily. What will they do?
[/size]
(Feeding two Rare Candies to Oceanus the Prinplup, boosting him to lvl 36)

The pilgrimage up the waterfall was a slug to say the least, but Oceanus was resilient as always and continued to push forward. They were over the halfway point when pain shot through his leg, I pained cry escaping from his mouth. The pain didn't fade however, it only worsened, it was like he had been poisoned. Was there perhaps a Poison typed Water Pokemon hiding within the falls? It was the likely answer but before long he started to loose concentration, almost losing consciousness completely. Oceanus had double his efforts and gotten them to the top of the falls, but the current was still strong and Oceanus was beginning to struggle. Thankfully the Prinplup got them to a rock in the middle of the river, giving them a chance to collect themselves.

It was then that they heard the splash. Perhaps whatever had stung him had followed them to finish the job? He could feel the toxins strengthening, he needed medical attention. Seeing the concern in his trainer's eyes, Oceanus stood guard, stretching his flippers out as he prepares to confront their stalker.

"Plup plup plup!" The Prinplup shouts, working himself into a frenzy as he calls out his concealed opponent. Triton watches as the Prinplup's feathers begin to glimmer, at first thinking it to be sunlight reflecting off the water, but then realising that it was something else entirely. Oceanus began to grow, encased in a bright light as his begins his evolution. His flippers became larger and sharper, a trident shaped crown pushed out from his beak. They'd been working for this moment for quite some time, it was fitting that Oceanus evolve when Triton needed him the most.

Oceanus evolved into an Empoleon!

Oceanus scraped his metallic flippers across each other, sharpening them with a Swords Dance. If anything tried to harm Triton further, he'd make them pay.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:50 PM   #639
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- With Help being successful when making her own decision, you decide to place your faith in her. The Granbull prowls above you, it wasn't as visibly enraged as before but you can still feel the rage it holds inside. Help floats upwards, stretching out her flower covered vine. She intends to try and build on what she had started, get in close, speak soothing words and perhaps plant a kiss, this one of the non-draining variety. The Beast comes to a stop as he sees her approach, the hair on the back of his neck stands on high.

The Fairy approaches slowly, a little unsure about how the Beast will react. The Granbull's lip curls up as she gets closer, revealing pearly white teeth, if it so desired it could likely consume Help without even having to chew. Help is having second doubts and with good reason, the Beast lashes out with Mega Punch, smacking her backwards. The Comfey cries out, that one hurt. The Beast leaps down from the banister, landing on the ballroom floor once more. It keeps its back turned to you as it lumbers to the far side of the room, behind the encased Floette. It remains hunched over, sobbing, its hold body shaking as it struggles to control its emotions. Help looks to you in confusion, unsure why the Beast is acting this way. Before it had been aggressive, now it was upset? What could you do for the Beast without knowing why it is behaving like this?

Myahoo- The odds now balanced, you urge your Pokemon to continue their assault on the egg-nappers. Snuffles had taken down one of the Sneasel but in doing so he left himself open to the other, who was now firmly attached to his back. You call out to the Swinub as he begins to bolt, hoping to provide him with the instruction he needed to overcome his foe. Snuffles takes your advice and turns towards a nearby boulder rushing straight towards it. He barrels through the rock, smashing it to pieces, knocking the Sneasel from his back in the process. The pair face each other, it was a stand off. The Sneasel produces a pair of icicles in both hands, which flings at Snuffles with startling speed. The Swinub takes the hit face on, enduring it as he focuses his Ancient Power. He launches the attack in reply, striking the Sneasel in the chest and knocking it unconscious. Now only the Weavile remained.

Wildfire was in a tense standoff with the head honcho. The Cyndaquil was lashing out with powerful kicks, landing blows two at a time. The Weavile wasn't holding back either, striking back with Double Hits of its own. The Weavile jumps back, putting some distance between the pair of them as it assesses the situation. Both of its minions were defeated, from now it was fighting alone. Wildfire curls into a ball and begins to roll towards the Weavile, slowly picking up speed as he does so. The Weavile fires a Dark Pulse, doing its best to keep the Cyndaquil at a distance. Wildfire pushes forward however, slowly pushing through the attack, although it pains him to do so. Eventually the Weavile is forced to drop the attack, allowing Wildfire to continue through. He hits his target, knocking the Weavile onto its back as he follows through, arcing back around with increased speed, preparing to attack again. It seems like you're close to victory, but it was best for you to make sure you put an end to this, once and for all.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:22 PM   #640
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- With Help being successful when making her own decision, you decide to place your faith in her. The Granbull prowls above you, it wasn't as visibly enraged as before but you can still feel the rage it holds inside. Help floats upwards, stretching out her flower covered vine. She intends to try and build on what she had started, get in close, speak soothing words and perhaps plant a kiss, this one of the non-draining variety. The Beast comes to a stop as he sees her approach, the hair on the back of his neck stands on high.

The Fairy approaches slowly, a little unsure about how the Beast will react. The Granbull's lip curls up as she gets closer, revealing pearly white teeth, if it so desired it could likely consume Help without even having to chew. Help is having second doubts and with good reason, the Beast lashes out with Mega Punch, smacking her backwards. The Comfey cries out, that one hurt. The Beast leaps down from the banister, landing on the ballroom floor once more. It keeps its back turned to you as it lumbers to the far side of the room, behind the encased Floette. It remains hunched over, sobbing, its hold body shaking as it struggles to control its emotions. Help looks to you in confusion, unsure why the Beast is acting this way. Before it had been aggressive, now it was upset? What could you do for the Beast without knowing why it is behaving like this?
Terri watched intently as Help moved in, but the Beast definitely didn't look very inviting. Indeed, Help's apprehensiveness looked to be very much warranted, as the Granbull landed a forceful Mega Punch that sent the floral fairy flying. Terri moved to try and catch Help in her arms, but the Comfey righted herself in midair. However, she gave the Beast a lot of distance as he jumped down and lumbered across the room, but when Terri listened, she heard... sobbing?

"...Why?" Help murmured, sounding torn as to whether to be scared or concerned. Concern for the suffering, after all, was second nature to a Comfey, but on the other hand, this guy had just slugged her with Mega Punch not two seconds ago!

"Perhaps it doesn't believe itself worthy of being cared for," Terri speculated out loud, looking across the room at the Beast. "Lumičre did warn us- the Beast has been known to lash out violently. I can picture it- the Beast's violent tendencies scare off those who so much as attempt to get close to it, so it thinks it doesn't deserve anyone trying, which just makes the cycle repeat... it's so sad," she murmured.

"...That is sad," agreed Help. "I... I'm going to try again," she decided.

"You're sure?" Terri asked. "That Mega Punch looked like it hurt."

"It did," confirmed Help. "But I'm not about to give up just because of that. I... I can't give up. Not after..."

Now it was Terri's turn to look at Help in confusion. "After what?" she asked.

"...I couldn't restrain Beedrill," murmured Help. "Musharna had to intervene and save me, when I was supposed to be saving it. I'm glad it did save me, but... I was supposed to be saving it, and... I just felt so useless..."

At this, Terri wrapped the Comfey in a hug. "You're not useless," she said gently. "It's my fault- I should've realized wrapping Beedrill in Vine Whip wasn't a good idea. You're great at saving others, but in your own way. Why was Musharna in shape to save you in the first place, hmm?"

"...because of my Heal Bell. You're right," nodded Help.

Terri smiled. "Now go soothe that Beast," she said.

"Right!" nodded Help. With confidence anew, the Comfey floated across the room. The Beast was an intimidating presence to her, but with it in such a sorry state at the moment, her caring instincts were taking the wheel. She would try draping her flower-flecked tail around it once again, reassure it everything was gonna be OK, that she didn't blame it, even ask if it wanted to talk about what had it so upset.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-09-2019 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:23 AM   #641
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Naru:
Amidst the bickering grass Pokemon, Isaac was intrigued by the story of what was going on and opted to offer his assistance in tracking down the thief. Figuring that taking the case would be the fastest way to calm the Pokemon down and resolve their issues, he turned to Peony and asked her about getting permission from Sunflora to search Queen Bellossom’s territory. As the gardener in charge of that quadrant of the Rose Garden, the teenage girl quickly nodded.

“That sounds like a great idea. What do you say, Sunflora?” The tall sunflower Pokemon turned to face them, pondering for a moment before nodding in agreement. “Great! And don’t worry about a thing; I’ll stick close by so that he doesn’t get lost in Queen Bellossom’s throne room!” Peony added, oblivious to the scowl on Vinny’s face. With their course now set, the group stepped down from the gazebo and headed back in the direction they came from while Petunia remained back to continue watching over the bickering flowers.

Once they were back in Bellossom’s territory, Isaac’s Pokemon began to frolic about as they took in the sights and the scents of the fragrant flowers all around them. A myriad of pastel yellows, pinks, and blues lined the flowerbeds while walls of radiant sunflowers towered behind them. “So let’s find out what was actually taken…” Peony mused as they passed a small decorative rock garden with a little miniature waterfall trickling into a pond below while a tall palm tree provided shade from above. The path forked and they headed to the right, traveling further up the path until they reached a large circular clearing.

The clearing was surrounded by beautiful sunflowers on all sides and a circular flowerbed in the center featured a colorful assortment of flowers like they had seen throughout the area. In the very middle of it all stood a small stage-like pedestal where a distraught Bellossom was being tended to by a number of Sunflora, Gloom, Oddish, and Sunkern. “Oh no, what’s wrong?” Peony asked as she walked up to the queen. Bellossom looked up and recognized Peony, sniffling as she pantomimed holding up an invisible object in her hands. Normally it would have been hard to tell what she was gesturing, but fortunately Peony was able to tell right away.

“It looks like her favorite microphone has been taken,” Peony began as Bellossom started nervously twirling about her platform. “And I think she has a performance scheduled for today. We better hurry and look for clues.” There were a number of places to look about Bellossom’s territory and various Pokemon Isaac and friends could question. Once they were finished investigating, it might be best to head north into Queen Roserade’s territory next, to see what’s missing there. What will Isaac do?
[Rises from the dead]

Isaac placed a hand to his mouth, taking a moment to ponder how to help the Queen find her missing microphone. He knew exactly what the Queen must feel like in this moment, he remembered all the times that Vinny had pawed a microphone under the hotel bed or done something else mischievous to hold up his performances. Isaac looked around slowly, pondering where he could look for clues. Vinny, meanwhile, sat looking at the distressed Queen surrounded by her subjects. Vinny wasn't exactly the most diplomatic Pokemon, so Isaac knew better than to ask her to talk to the Pokemon for clues... and he also knew how angry she'd be if he decided to search the garden without her.

"I'm going to take a look around the garden. Meanwhile, I have the perfect Pokemon to talk to these ladies about anything they saw." Isaac reached towards his bag, producing a Pokeball and throwing it forwards. In a flurry of light his Ivysaur, Sam, was released from the Pokeball. Sam looked towards the concerned Pokemon and then back towards his trainer, clearly confused.

"Hey Sam." Isaac nodded to him, walking over and scratching his head. "We're in Queen Bellossom's territory over in the Cloud Garden and it looks like we have a thief on our hands." Sam's eyes widened hearing of a thief, his selfless nature made him want to try to take down such a creature in any way he could. "Easy buddy. Me, Vinny, and Peony are going to go look around for clues. Do you think you could talk to the Pokemon and ask them if they might have seen anything that could help us? Maybe where the thief went if any of them saw it?" Sam gave a curt nod, extending a vine and putting it to his head in a salute motion.

"I knew I could count on you." Replied Isaac with a wide smile. He stood up and adjusted himself, turning back to Peony. "I noticed a rock garden on our way up here. Perhaps we should look around there first?" Isaac asked, gesturing to the location they had passed earlier. Meanwhile, Sam approached the gaggle of Pokemon around the Queen and began to ask questions pertaining to the thievery. Perhaps with their combined efforts, they could find the microphone quickly.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:26 AM   #642
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Heather:
The battle was still fairly fresh as the pom-pom Oricorio and Bantu the Trapinch had exchanged a few glancing blows. Mint internally went through the list of her options on how to proceed from here, narrowing it down to two styles of battle. She analyzed each outcome and possible repercussions to each option, but after tormenting over it long enough, a simple answer came to her; why not both? It seemed harmless enough anyway, and called out for Bantu to use both attacks in succession. The Trapinch listened and quickly nodded, ready to carry out his trainer’s plan.

While Bantu was ready to go, the much quicker Oricorio was as well, and quickly chirped another threatening Growl in the small antlion’s direction. Bantu shuddered a little, but tried to not let it discourage him too much as he scooped his giant shovel-like jaws into the earth and flung a super effective Rock Slide at the bird. Oricorio chirped in pain and dusted itself off before flapping its wings, kicking up another Air Cutter in the process. The sharp wind shockwaves sliced through the air and struck Bantu, who had already begun Biding his time. The effect of the attack definitely stung, but the Trapinch remained motionless as he continued to soak it all in.

Seeing as the Trapinch wasn’t moving or retaliating, Oricorio seized the opportunity to attack once more. She hopped in close and Pounded Bantu with one of her pom-poms for a decent amount of damage. Still no reaction. Puzzled, Oricorio wasn’t going to let a free chance slip by, so she closed in for a sharp Peck at her foe, but as she did so, Bantu suddenly began glowing bright red, releasing a powerful amount of energy as he blasted the Oricorio and sent her flying. Oricorio landed on the ground with a thud some 20 feet away. She had taken quite a bit of damage as she slowly got back to her feet, but Bantu wasn’t looking so fresh either; he had taken a few attacks while putting up no guard and had expended a good deal of energy. What will Mint do?
Mint watched closely as the next round of combat began, and was gladdened to see that her strategy had gone off without a hitch. A perfect case of knowing the enemy, Mint had only needed to tap into the wild Pokémon's self-defense instinct to get it to walk right into her trap.

However, both battlers were in rough spots now. Mint would have liked for the Bide attack to have ended things, as Bantu clearly took some nasty blows in the time he spent readying it without at all attempting to defend himself, and Bide itself as a move was incredibly draining when used to such amazing effect.

As good as Bantu had been so far, Mint could tell that the exhaustion from Bide had him near his limit, and felt it best to have him tag out for the remainder of this one. The obvious question thus became, of course, who would be tagging in? Mint didn't have many options-Celeste was already tired, and Pastinha was weak to Flying and had mostly Fighting moves. Mint did have another idea up her sleeve, however. One rascally Pokemon who could definitely stand to burn some energy for both their sakes.

"Bantu, nice hustle out there! Rest up for now, alright, bud?" Mint called as she returned the Trapinch to his Cherish Ball, before taking a more ordinary Ball from her bag. "Patches, tag in!" she said, tossing the Ball to release the hyper Pachirisu within, though upon seeing an adversary before it, she calmed down enough to await orders.

Thunder would be an excellent source of neutral damage, but Pom-Pom Oricorio were possessed of at least some degree of electrokinesis, making the less-than-accurate move a dubious choice in this situation. That wasn't the squirrel's only option, however-Shock Wave always struck true, even if it wasn't as powerful.

"Alright Patches, let's get this done! Start with a Shock Wave, then get at it with Quick Attack!" Mint ordered, and Patches' devilish little grin returned in earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 01-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #643
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You attempt to unravel the complex mind of the Beast. Perhaps it lashed out violently because it didn't believe it deserved the help, that it didn't deserve love? Help was feeling a bit down on herself, she'd failed to take down the Beedrill and she was now struggling to get through to the beast. Thankfully you remind her of where her talents lie, brute force wasn't the way for her, she was at her strongest when she used her compassion.

Empowered, Help floats towards the now sobbing Beast, hoping to get close enough this time to drape her flowers over its shoulder. The Beast doesn't move as she gets closer, even as she stretches her vine over its shoulder, the Beast doesn't waver. Whispering into the ear of the Beast, she tries to coerce it, tries to get it to open up about why it is so upset. However, the Beast's crying seems to disappear almost instantly, the Fake Tears giving way to bared teeth. He lashes out again, sinking Fiery Fangs into Help's vine and swinging her to the floor. Most of her flowers are scorched or burnt, the Comfey trembles as the Beast looms over her. It lets out a terrifying Roar, as if to force the Comfey away, but Help stands strong. She stares back into the Granbull's eyes, into the darkness that consumed it. It was then that she saw it, a glimmer of light in the dark pool of the Beast's eyes. The Granbull seems shocked that Help hasn't fled, he was locked in the Fairy's gaze.

Looking to the Floette, you are shocked to find only one petal remaining. If you were going to act, it had to be now, but could Help finally get through to the Beast?

Old 01-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #644
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- You attempt to unravel the complex mind of the Beast. Perhaps it lashed out violently because it didn't believe it deserved the help, that it didn't deserve love? Help was feeling a bit down on herself, she'd failed to take down the Beedrill and she was now struggling to get through to the beast. Thankfully you remind her of where her talents lie, brute force wasn't the way for her, she was at her strongest when she used her compassion.

Empowered, Help floats towards the now sobbing Beast, hoping to get close enough this time to drape her flowers over its shoulder. The Beast doesn't move as she gets closer, even as she stretches her vine over its shoulder, the Beast doesn't waver. Whispering into the ear of the Beast, she tries to coerce it, tries to get it to open up about why it is so upset. However, the Beast's crying seems to disappear almost instantly, the Fake Tears giving way to bared teeth. He lashes out again, sinking Fiery Fangs into Help's vine and swinging her to the floor. Most of her flowers are scorched or burnt, the Comfey trembles as the Beast looms over her. It lets out a terrifying Roar, as if to force the Comfey away, but Help stands strong. She stares back into the Granbull's eyes, into the darkness that consumed it. It was then that she saw it, a glimmer of light in the dark pool of the Beast's eyes. The Granbull seems shocked that Help hasn't fled, he was locked in the Fairy's gaze.

Looking to the Floette, you are shocked to find only one petal remaining. If you were going to act, it had to be now, but could Help finally get through to the Beast?
Terri watched as Help moved in once more. It seemed as though there was room for progress to be made here, but it quickly became evident that the Beast's crying was naught but Fake Tears. Once more, the Beast attacked, this time using Fire Fang and throwing Help to the floor. Help was trembling at this point, but even as the Beast gave a great Roar, she stood her ground. Or... floated her ground, as the case may be. She was hovering, is my point.

By all right, this latest display should have gotten Help fleeing for her life by now, dream state or no dream state. And yet, there she stayed, staring right back into the Granbull's eyes, into the darkness within. And sure enough, she saw light in there as well. Just a glimmer, but it was there nonetheless. And by this point, the Beast was locked in Help's gaze, evidently shocked that she hadn't fled by this point. Was it finally sinking in, then, that Help wasn't about to be frightened off so easily?

Terri took this opportunity to take a quick glance at the Floette, but was shocked by what she saw- only one petal remained! She looked back over at Help, who was looking right back into the Beast's eyes, giving a calming, reassuring smile. It was then that Terri knew- from this moment moving forward, this part of the trial was out of her hands. It was all up to Help now. And Terri realized- she was OK with that. She looked on at the scene, her usual mysterious smile in place while Help slowly moved in closer. This, she felt, was the time, with (what remained of) her flowers still giving off that calming scent, for her to make one final attempt at a kiss. And not of the draining variety, either.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #645
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- With time against you and the Beast locked in a loving gaze with Help, you trust that the Comfey knows what needs to be done. It seems so as the Fairy floats towards the Granbull, slowly but surely. As she plants a kiss on the Granbull's lips, a pillar of light erupts around them. You loose sight of Help for a moment, but eventually the light fades, revealing a regular looking Granbull. Help floats over to you while the Granbull makes for the case holding the Floette. It lifts the glass up, freeing the Floette, its flower seems to have recovered as well, now sporting all of its petals.

Help gained 3 levels!

The Chandelure floats down to speak once more, this time congratulating you. "Oh Mademoiselle, you have done it! You have made the prince feel love once more and thus his curse is no more. Now it is time to sleep once more, good luck."

Your eyes grow heavy, you can feel yourself being forced to sleep again. The room slowly fills with dream mist, forcing you to slump to the floor.....

Terri- 1 / Trial Captain Primrose- 0

When you wake you find yourself standing in the courtyard of a small manor house. The first thing your eye is drawn to is the Pumpkaboo floating around, the little fella sure looked friendly. What did it have to do with the next trial though? Surely it wasn't just a battle.

"Hello deary, we've been waiting for you, the hour is nearly upon us." A Clefairy magically appears from nowhere, draped in a blue gown and holding a star tipped wand. "How rude of me not to introduce myself, I'm the Clefairy Godmother. I'm afraid miss Lilligant needs a ride home from the ball and speed is of the essence. It'll be either you or this Pumpkaboo who gets the honour of bringing her home, who ever arrives at the palace first." She then turns to the Pumpkaboo and with a wave of her wand, something magical happens. "Bibbidi Bobbidi Pumpkaboo!" The Grass type begins to swell, growing larger and larger with each passing second. By the time the growth stops, the Pumpkaboo is the size of a truck!

It floats over to the gates and prepares for the race to start, it would use anything in its arsenal to beat you to the palace. Who would you use to race with though? They'd have to be fast, but also capable of dealing with the Pumpkaboo's tricks while being able to deal out some of their own. It was a crucial decision.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:56 PM   #646
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- With time against you and the Beast locked in a loving gaze with Help, you trust that the Comfey knows what needs to be done. It seems so as the Fairy floats towards the Granbull, slowly but surely. As she plants a kiss on the Granbull's lips, a pillar of light erupts around them. You loose sight of Help for a moment, but eventually the light fades, revealing a regular looking Granbull. Help floats over to you while the Granbull makes for the case holding the Floette. It lifts the glass up, freeing the Floette, its flower seems to have recovered as well, now sporting all of its petals.

Help gained 3 levels!

The Chandelure floats down to speak once more, this time congratulating you. "Oh Mademoiselle, you have done it! You have made the prince feel love once more and thus his curse is no more. Now it is time to sleep once more, good luck."

Your eyes grow heavy, you can feel yourself being forced to sleep again. The room slowly fills with dream mist, forcing you to slump to the floor.....

Terri- 1 / Trial Captain Primrose- 0

When you wake you find yourself standing in the courtyard of a small manor house. The first thing your eye is drawn to is the Pumpkaboo floating around, the little fella sure looked friendly. What did it have to do with the next trial though? Surely it wasn't just a battle.

"Hello deary, we've been waiting for you, the hour is nearly upon us." A Clefairy magically appears from nowhere, draped in a blue gown and holding a star tipped wand. "How rude of me not to introduce myself, I'm the Clefairy Godmother. I'm afraid miss Lilligant needs a ride home from the ball and speed is of the essence. It'll be either you or this Pumpkaboo who gets the honour of bringing her home, who ever arrives at the palace first." She then turns to the Pumpkaboo and with a wave of her wand, something magical happens. "Bibbidi Bobbidi Pumpkaboo!" The Grass type begins to swell, growing larger and larger with each passing second. By the time the growth stops, the Pumpkaboo is the size of a truck!

It floats over to the gates and prepares for the race to start, it would use anything in its arsenal to beat you to the palace. Who would you use to race with though? They'd have to be fast, but also capable of dealing with the Pumpkaboo's tricks while being able to deal out some of their own. It was a crucial decision.
Terri held her breath as Help moved in for the kiss, anxious to see how it would work out. And as the kiss happened, the pillar of light that erupted all around them gave Terri hope. Sure enough, when the light faded away, the Beast was gone, revealing an ordinary Granbull in its place And if that wasn't proof enough that this was a victory, Granbull let Floette out of the glass case, and its flower was back to normal, not a petal out of place.

"Help, you were magnificent!" Terri beamed, hugging her Comfey proudly. as the Chandelure congratulated them. "You were... you... you w... goodnight..." she yawned as she slumped to the floor.

~~~~~

Terri woke up once more, for lack of a better term- this was still clearly part of the trial. Looking around, Terri noticed a Pumpkaboo. Head tilted, Terri looked at it with curiosity. Partly due to what its involvement in the trial was, and partly due to wanting to find out what size it counted as. But before she could find out the latter, the former strated to become clear.

Out of nowhere, a Clefairy materialized, wearing a blue gown and holding a wand. She introduced herself as the Clefairy Godmother, and explained what was to happen- Lilligant needed a ride home from the ball, and it was either Terri or the Pumpkaboo. It depended on who got to the palace first. A race, Terri realized. And then, the Clefairy Godmother cast a spell on the Pumpkaboo, enlarging it to insane proportions. Terri had heard of Super Size Pumpkaboo before, but this was ridiculous! Nevertheless, as she considered what would be needed for this, she realized she had just the Pokémon. She needed something that was not only fast, but also crafty, resourceful, and relentless. For certain, the Pumpkaboo would be capable of dishing out all sorts of nasty tricks to impede its opponent, and could very easily be just as willing. If ever there was a match for the Pumpkaboo's speed and cunning, it was in the Luxury Ball Terri closed her fingers around in her bag.

"Help, undo," said Terri, withdrawing her Comfey into her Poké Ball. As she put away Help's ball, she threw the Luxury Ball she'd grabbed. "Want, engage!" she added, as her Murkrow appeared in a fancy flash of light.

Want looked all around, doing a double take at the sight of the tremendous Pumpkaboo. She turned back to Terri. "So what do you need?" she asked.

Terri smiled. "You're to race that Pumpkaboo to the palace, Want," she said. "I need someone who's not only fast, but also a match for the Pumpkaboo's trickery."

"Hah! Well, you've obviously made the right choice," cawed Want confidently. "Consider the race as good as won!" Then she sneered in the direction of Terri's bag. "Ya hear that, you pitiful pile of petals? I'm the one she chose for the race, not you-"

"Now you stop that, Want," Terri said sternly.

Want's sneer vanished faster than a criminal's confidence in the presence of Captain Stomach. "Yes, Honchkrow Terri," she cawed meekly.

Terri smiled, wholly unsurprised by how Want addressed her. In the wild, murders of Murkrow were led by their evolved form Honchkrow, and Terri knew that for a trained Murkrow to address them with the title of their evolved form was a sure sign that that Trainer had the Murkrow's utmost and most sincere respect. She wished Want and Help would stop with their little feud, but this was definitely not the time, nor the place, considering she was recommended to only have one Pokémon out at a time. "So you'll do it, then?" she asked.

"But of course!" Want responded proudly, flapping her wings and taking to the air at once. She flew over beside Pumpkaboo, ready for action. Whether she'd be going it by herself, or if she was in for a dose of that enlarging spell herself (and possibly Terri as a passenger by extension), Want's strategy remained the same- with all the swiftness and deftness of a seasoned Prankster, she would bombard Pumpkaboo with a few moves to slow it down and disorient it. Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray ought to do the trick, she figured, after which she'd be off, flying as swiftly and silently as possible, the better to listen for any sign of a retaliatory trick, the better to, in turn, dodge it.

*Help grew to level 9!*

*Help grew to level 10!*

*Help learned Magical Leaf!*

*Help grew to level 11!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-11-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:25 PM   #647
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- To beat a trickster like a Pumpkaboo, you'd have to use a prankster of your own. Want the Murkrow was the perfect choice, the only issue was she was just a bit small. Thankfully, it seemed the Clefairy Godmother was going to look after you as well.

"Oh this just won't do, Bibbidi Bobbidi boo!" With a wave of her wand, the Clefairy Godmother made Want grow, the Murkrow growing larger and larger, until she was about the size of a Braviary. She wasn't as big as the Pumpkaboo, but she was big enough to carry you, as well as the Lilligant if you were successful at beating the Pumpkaboo. You climb onto her just in time, as with a wave of her wand the Clefairy Godmother starts the race!

The Pumpkaboo surges off the mark, leaving Want lagging behind as it catches her by surprise. A cloud of dust is kicked up as the two Pokemon fly along the dirt road, the palace aglow in the distance. Wanting to take over, Want fires a burst of electricity at the Pumpkaboo, causing it to seize up with paralysis. Want takes the opportunity to steal the lead, flapping ahead of the now paralyzed Ghost. The Pumpkaboo is resourceful though, it begins to gyrate, spinning with impressive speed as it uses a Gyro Ball to quickly catch up to Want and yourself.

Want glares at the Pumpkaboo as it draws level with her, spinning rapidly alongside you. Her eyes glow as she fires a Confuse Ray at the spinning pumpkin, who spins off course. The Pumpkaboo crashes into a tree at the side of the road, knocking some berries onto the road. It's eyes light up as it spots the berries, which it quickly Picks Up and consumes. The Lum Berries clear its paralysis and confusion, allowing it to close in on Want once more. It glimmers as it closes in, Want will want to get a move on if she intends to hold her slim lead.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #648
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- To beat a trickster like a Pumpkaboo, you'd have to use a prankster of your own. Want the Murkrow was the perfect choice, the only issue was she was just a bit small. Thankfully, it seemed the Clefairy Godmother was going to look after you as well.

"Oh this just won't do, Bibbidi Bobbidi boo!" With a wave of her wand, the Clefairy Godmother made Want grow, the Murkrow growing larger and larger, until she was about the size of a Braviary. She wasn't as big as the Pumpkaboo, but she was big enough to carry you, as well as the Lilligant if you were successful at beating the Pumpkaboo. You climb onto her just in time, as with a wave of her wand the Clefairy Godmother starts the race!

The Pumpkaboo surges off the mark, leaving Want lagging behind as it catches her by surprise. A cloud of dust is kicked up as the two Pokemon fly along the dirt road, the palace aglow in the distance. Wanting to take over, Want fires a burst of electricity at the Pumpkaboo, causing it to seize up with paralysis. Want takes the opportunity to steal the lead, flapping ahead of the now paralyzed Ghost. The Pumpkaboo is resourceful though, it begins to gyrate, spinning with impressive speed as it uses a Gyro Ball to quickly catch up to Want and yourself.

Want glares at the Pumpkaboo as it draws level with her, spinning rapidly alongside you. Her eyes glow as she fires a Confuse Ray at the spinning pumpkin, who spins off course. The Pumpkaboo crashes into a tree at the side of the road, knocking some berries onto the road. It's eyes light up as it spots the berries, which it quickly Picks Up and consumes. The Lum Berries clear its paralysis and confusion, allowing it to close in on Want once more. It glimmers as it closes in, Want will want to get a move on if she intends to hold her slim lead.
One thing that Terri liked about the Clefairy Godmother was her fairness. She might have super-sized the Pumpkaboo, but she was no slouch in upping Want's size, either. Taking the cue, Terri got onto her Murkrow's back as the Dark/Flying-type winged her way to the starting line.

And they were off! Pumpkaboo was quick to get going, leaving Want in the dust, but the Murkrow wouldn't be beaten so easily. Her pride as a master thief on the line, Want shot off a Thunder Wave, landing it perfectly and gaining the lead. Pumpkaboo, however, was able to catch up via skillful use of Gyro Ball. The Murkrow retaliated with Confuse Ray, which made Pumpkaboo veer off course and crash into a tree, eliciting a triumphant caw from Want. Said caw was woefully premature, however- in crashing into the tree, Pumpkaboo had dislodged a number of berries, which it was quick to Pick Up and consume. They were Lum Berries- in an instant, Pumpkaboo's paralysis and confusion was completely gone!

Want was still in the lead, but not by much, and not for long if she didn't do something. And Terri knew it, too. "Want, Astonish," she whispered to the momentarily mammoth Murkrow. "Reapply the Thunder Wave afterwards, then make good your escape with a Feather Dance smokescreen." And boy, oh, boy, did the Murkrow like what she was hearing! Startle the Pumpkaboo, take advantage of the second or two this would buy her and paralyze the Pumpkaboo once more, then obscure its vision with feathers. Not a perfect solution, but it would buy them time at least. Maybe enough time to gain a more commanding lead? Only time would tell.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #649
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- With the palace growing larger with each passing second, you know there is no time to waste. You whisper to Want, not wanting to alert the Pumpkaboo to what you're planning next. As the Grass type draws level, Want quickly swoops towards it, striking with an Astonishing blow. It catches the Pumpkaboo by surprise, momentarily stunning it. A moment is all she needs though. The Murkrow launches another Thunder Wave at the unsuspecting Pumpkaboo, however the results aren't the same as last time. The electric tendrils seem to stop mere inches from their target, as if the Pumpkaboo was being Safeguarded. It's then that you realise that the glowing the Pumpkaboo was doing before was it setting up a move, status effects wouldn't be effective anymore.

Want is a little annoyed now, she didn't appreciate the Pumpkaboo foiling her plan. She spins around, sending up a flurry of feathers to try and halt the Pumpkaboo's advance. She caws in delight as she looses sight of the Pumpkaboo, the feathers had worked! The road was clear ahead. It looked like the rest of the race was going to be clear sailing, that is until you see the Shadow Sneaking across the ground below you. Before you can warn Want, the shadow shoots upwards. The Pumpkaboo reveals itself, blocking the path in front of Want as it shines its lights at full intensity, startling the Murkrow with a Scary Face. Want comes to a halt, petrified by the display as the Pumpkaboo turns and continues down the road, its lead growing bigger with each passing second. You were nearly at the Palace at this point, but with the Pumpkaboo commanding such a lead, could you close the gap?

Old 01-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #650
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- With the palace growing larger with each passing second, you know there is no time to waste. You whisper to Want, not wanting to alert the Pumpkaboo to what you're planning next. As the Grass type draws level, Want quickly swoops towards it, striking with an Astonishing blow. It catches the Pumpkaboo by surprise, momentarily stunning it. A moment is all she needs though. The Murkrow launches another Thunder Wave at the unsuspecting Pumpkaboo, however the results aren't the same as last time. The electric tendrils seem to stop mere inches from their target, as if the Pumpkaboo was being Safeguarded. It's then that you realise that the glowing the Pumpkaboo was doing before was it setting up a move, status effects wouldn't be effective anymore.

Want is a little annoyed now, she didn't appreciate the Pumpkaboo foiling her plan. She spins around, sending up a flurry of feathers to try and halt the Pumpkaboo's advance. She caws in delight as she looses sight of the Pumpkaboo, the feathers had worked! The road was clear ahead. It looked like the rest of the race was going to be clear sailing, that is until you see the Shadow Sneaking across the ground below you. Before you can warn Want, the shadow shoots upwards. The Pumpkaboo reveals itself, blocking the path in front of Want as it shines its lights at full intensity, startling the Murkrow with a Scary Face. Want comes to a halt, petrified by the display as the Pumpkaboo turns and continues down the road, its lead growing bigger with each passing second. You were nearly at the Palace at this point, but with the Pumpkaboo commanding such a lead, could you close the gap?
At first, it seemed as though Terri's strategy would go off without a hitch, with Astonish buying Want the moment she needed to land the Thunder Wave... except the Thunder Wave never landed. Pumpkaboo didn't feel so much as half a volt, and there was no real apparent reason for it... until Terri realized what that glowing was earlier. "It used Safeguard!" she realized.

"Crap!" cawed Want, but she let loose the next part of the plan nonetheless, blasting Pumpkaboo with Feather Dance. And thankfully, this seemed to work. Nothing impeded their path to the Palace, what could stop them now?!

Terri, alas, saw exactly what, and wasn't able to say any more than "Want, look out-" before the Pumpkaboo shot upwards out of the ground, having used Shadow Sneak to pull ahead. The ghoulish gourd went and used Scary Face, in a maneuver similar to what Want did with Astonish, and it was just as effective, too. It stopped the Murkrow cold, and Pumpkaboo was gaining a huge lead, a lead that was getting bigger by the second.

"No..." Want gave a feeble caw, trying in vain to catch up. "I can't..."

"Oh, yes, you can," said Terri. "Want, you hungry?"

Immediately, the Murkrow's eyes lit up, she knew immediately what Terri was getting at. "Bring it on!" she responded. With that, Terri produced four Rare Candies from her backpack, and held them out, allowing her Murkrow to gobble them down. As the desired effect was achieved, Want gave a triumphant caw.

"Then let's show Pumpkaboo what you've got!" declared Terri. "Want, use Pursuit and chase it down! Then once you're ahead, use Mirror Move and show it how a real Scary Face is done, and then get us to the palace!"

"Yes, Honchkrow Terri!" cawed Want.

OOC: Using 4 Rare Candies on Want, my level 1 Murkrow.

*Want was elevated to level 5!*

*Want learned Pursuit!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-11-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records