UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 08:50 PM   #101
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Heyo everyone! Quick little game update!

As announced in the Team Star Ball contest results, we are updating the Villain Team Balls to have a new effect: "Increases Catch Rate against Pokemon from [Native Team Region]"! This change is now live, and retroactively applies to all Villain Team Balls, past and future!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-31-2023, 08:44 PM   #102
Lil'twick
Insanity

Heyo everyone! It's now September, and we're here to give some gameplay updates for the game! For those of you who are unaware, we have had these changes posted over on UPN for a good portion of August. However, we are making a news post to let everyone know and give everyone a refresher on the changes being implemented into the game!

1) Rare Candies are banned from being traded. That means no more trading candies! You can still convert them into cash and use them to level, but not for trades.
2) Additionally, you are allowed only to have one level and/or move-giving item in any given trade. So no trading multiple heart scales, memory berries, etc. They must be done in separate transactions.
3) LP is being removed from the game. LP Emporium items will be moving to the Department Store, with the exception of Eggs, Fossil Pieces, Shadow Gummis, Custom Held Items, and Custom Moves. All remaining LP will be converted in a 1:1 ratio into Pokedollars!

Additionally, we will be having some Playtest Content. For the Bi-Month Period of September and October 2023, the following zones will have no cap on the amount of money per post:
  • Starlight Frontier
  • Djinn's Archives

As a reminder, there is a minimum word count of 150 words per post. You will gain a basis of $150 per post, gaining an additional $50 per 50 words, capping out at $500 for 500 Words. This is universal across zones and Free RP.

Additionally, Zone Admins will now be tallying Pokedollars and Legendary Adventure Slot Points at the end of every month for posts within their zones. LAS gains will be posted in a master post in the Bi-Monthlies Thread. Pokedollar gains wiill be posted in the credit union. Both posts will be cross-posted, so you can choose whichever board you wish!

For further upcoming changes coming to the game into the end of the year, please refer to this post here!

Thank you for reading, and have a great day.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-25-2023, 08:40 AM   #103
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hey everyone, quick game update! Smeargle was brought up earlier in the week in the Discord, as a background. With the influx of Smeargle in the game, we realized there never have been hard codified rules for Sketch. With one being used actively in an adventure, we have decided to go ahead and implement the following rulings for Smeargle:

-Smeargle has a total of 11 Sketches, following ots levelup gain of the move.
-You may teach Smeargle any TM/MT/AM/CM/XM without it using up a Sketch slot.
-If you Sketch a move, and it ends up becoming a TM/MT/AM in a future generation, you receive that Sketch slot back. This is fully retroactive and will be the standing rule for the future. Allows us to futureproof Smeargle.
Note: If we release a move as a XM and you have Sketched it, you will not receive a Sketch slot back.
-You may use Sketch in the Record Keeping Thread to Sketch a move from any Pokemon in your squad. Please state the move sketched and method obtainrd for the Pokemon being Sketched.
-You also can Sketch moves through any medium of Role Play you wish.

Please note that this does not mean we are going back on the moritorium. This is an emergency update for a Pokemon who has been in rulings limbo for years. Thank you for reading, and hope we've made our favorite paint puppy more accessable to everyone! We will document these changes in the Rules threads shortly.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 12-22-2023, 07:04 PM   #104
Lil'twick
Insanity

Heya everyone, so after like nine or so months Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are live! That's all folks!

Yeah just kidding there. We're implementing both the Teal Mask and the Indigo Disk, and (most) of everything that those two entail! So here is a rundown of everything that's being included.

-Poltchageist, Sinistcha, Dipplin, Hydrapple, Archaludon, Ogerpon, Okidogi, Monkidori, Fezandipiti, Blood Moon Ursaluna, Walking Wake, Gouging Fire, Raging Bolt, Iron Leaves, Iron Crown, Iron Boulder, and Terapagos (My Beloved) and now all live!

-Masterpiece Teacups, Syrupy Apples, and Metal Alloys are now available from the Department Store for $1000 each.

-All new TMs are live in the Department Store, and all new learn sets are live.

-Tera Protein Shakes are now available from the Department Store for $1000. Tera Protein Shakes will allow you to change a Pokemon's Tera Types, including Stellar.

-Ogerpon, Okidogi, Monkidori, and Fezandipiti are all considered Sub-Legendaries

-Terapagos is considered a Main/Box Legendary Pokemon.

-The new Paradoxes are now live in Zones and Eggs.

-Blood Moon Ursaluna is currently available in zones. We will discuss alternative methods to obtain this Pokemon, considering its unique situation.

We hope you're all quite Applin with these changes, and ready to Dipplin right into them! Additionally, Happy Holidays and a Hydrapple New Year from the Fizzy Mod Team. Mmm... Mochi...

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 12-23-2023 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2023, 07:11 PM   #105
Lil'twick
Insanity

Happy New Year's Fizzytopians! Welcome to 2024, and we have a few changes going live with the start of the year!

-We will be reducing breeding slots from a total of six to a total of four. We have discussed this a few times during 2023, and agree that this change is overall healthier of the game state with Pokemon inflation.
-However, we will be removing the week wait for hatching eggs. All eggs will now hatch as soon as they are posted. Breeds will now only take one week, wherein that week the parents will breed. This applies to all breeds and eggs starting from this post onwards.
-Paradox Pokemon are available through Type Eggs, in addition to Enigma Eggs.
-Poipole is available through Starter Eggs, in addition to Enigma Eggs. In addition, Poipole is allowed to be chosen as a starter in Fizzy Bubbles.
-Eevee will be moving its Calendar Date to official Eevee Day, November 21st. Wattrel, which was previously there, will move to be on the old date Eevee was on, April 17th.

And now for the big change, which is to zones. We will be changing the rules with zones slightly, as well as expanding the number of zones that we'll be having. ZAs may now have more than one zone if they so choose. Moderation and the Head ZA will be required to have a minimum of two zones, one historical and one new.

Zone Adminship has historically been a low-maintenance role. At most, it is taking on ongoing adventures, but it most of the time boils down to answering minor questions on the zone. Thus, we have determined that if a ZA wishes to have multiple zones, it is fine. With this change, we can promote biome diversity with a multitude of zones, without necessarily needing a bunch of ZAs.

We have one zone all ready to go, which will go live within twenty-four hours of this post, being run by yours truly. We are looking to resume discussions, and doing things such as electing a fourth moderator, within the coming weeks! Again, Happy New Year!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 12-31-2023 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:18 PM   #106
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Monetary Gains and Quick Notice about potential Key Items!

Hey guys, so we just want to say we have noticed over the past year that the Amulet coin had been used incorrectly, and we had let it slide because we hopped things would improve as time went on. However, From this moment on we will be scrutinizing the posts much more thoroughly and if we catch this form of abuse again we will Retroactively revoke the balances from when it first started and people will be unable to make monetary purchases until the balance is properly restored.

As a quick refresh, the Amulet Coin ***MUST*** be equipped to the Pokémon, and it ***MUST*** actively participate.

For the time being these items; the Amulet Coin, the Soothe Bell, and the Lucky Egg, CANNOT be turned into a Key Item and be considered actively "ON" as of this time. These need to be a conscious choice with an opportunity cost, in the same vein as we cannot allow for one Pokémon to hold two mega stones.
This could create an imbalanced game state that could throw wrenches into so many cogs of our machine of a game.

Thank you for reading this, and may you be on a merry way

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 01-05-2024 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:30 PM   #107
Lil'twick
Insanity

Heyo everybody! We're officially lifting the discussion moratorium! Please look forward to seeing multiple discussion threads going live in the next couple of weeks. We've decided to start with a few different topics that we can currently address with the community. This time, instead of bottlenecking the discussion to one topic at a time, we will be opening multiple discussion threads. This will allow people to pick and choose what they wish to participate in. If we see an off-topic discussion become big enough to warrant its thread, we will go to make a dedicated thread for it! So, we hope everyone is excited for whatever updates may come to pass, and what we have in store for 2024!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-20-2024, 06:01 PM   #108
Lil'twick
Insanity

Some news on changes zones and stuff!

First is axing elections for Zones and Zone Admins. Quite frankly, this system hasn't properly worked. Instead, we'll be moving towards an application process. If someone feels like they're qualified to be a ZA, they can apply to the moderation team to go over (as well as the head ZA once we get a few non-mod ZAs).

Second, is the Zone Submission Thread. That's right! You can submit a zone in this thread that'll be made live in the UPN TO. If a ZA likes that zone, then they'll have the ability to take the zone and, after the standard editing process, move the zone to live. This way we can still allow the community to submit any zone ideas they may have for the world to know.

Third, we'll be starting to do zone reviews towards the end of the year every year. Towards the end of the year, we'll have the community pick one or two zones to go over. If between the ZAs and mod team, we feel a particular zone needs review, then we'll go ahead with that zone. This way we can address problems players may have with certain zones. Note, that this thread is for every currently live zone, so keep that in mind.

Lastly, we'll be implementing a sort of Updater Training system for players who wish to become updaters. The gist is that they'll write about two to three updates to a ZA's mini-adventure so they can learn what is expected, as well as show them the ropes. We'll of course compensate these newer updaters for their efforts as well.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-01-2024, 12:08 PM   #109
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hey guys! Just letting you all know that Pecharunt is now available to be obtained in Fizzy Bubbles!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles