UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

View Poll Results: Will you be sitting out spoilers for Gen 6?
Yes! No spoilers for me this time! 17 48.57%
No! I love learning the latest news during pre-release season! 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Recapturing those feelings is impossible but it's fun to try =O

I will do what I did with B2: avoid story stuff and Pokemon locations, but not necessarily much else. Dunno. I guess it depends on if I can actually afford a 3DS, because if I can't afford one in close proximity to the game's release, I won't give a damn about spoilers.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>I thought Jeri was one of the people who voiced in the News thread, before I made this poll, that he would be trying to avoid spoilers. So either he forgot about ASB or else you overestimate the league's insistence on having Gen 6 Pokémon and attacks available out of the gate.

It really isn't of any value to me to try to make descriptions without having the actual game first and considering we have an simultaneous International release, this shouldn't be an issue this time around.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I'm not really sure on this. For the longest time I wasn't part of an online community so I was getting all of my intel from the Nintendo magazines I used to read, which was a couple of new 'mon, couple of new moves, new types (Gen II only, obv), stuff like that. When DP hit I occasionally looked up Bulbapedia to see what evolved into what and how.

Then I became part of an online community and ever since HGSS I've known things as soon as everyone else, and I'm not sure which I prefer. I mean I felt like I got Gen V mostly out of obligation to get a game. Same for Black 2, which I've not even played yet.

So I'm not not sure yet. I'll see how things go but I'll inevitably be unable to stop myself being spoiled.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Yay me for braking the stalemate XD
I love hearing new things, don't mind spoilers and am actually getting pretty excited about Gen 6, like I haven't been this excited about any gen since Gen 3.

Though I think that's probably due to me having more money at my disposal to afford a 3DS by the time Gen 6 is out too.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #30
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
I'm going to walk into this one blind. I think the last time I've done this was in GSC, and I'd rather regret not being able to run throught the first time knowing everything than having the impact of the game weakened by the lack of anything surprising (which is what I did to myself in DPPt and BW).
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #31
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Just popping to note that remaining unspoilered is possible somehow I know nothing more that the day I first found out about it.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #32
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Just popping to note that remaining unspoilered is possible somehow I know nothing more that the day I first found out about it.
Same? ^_^; But the real test of endurance hasn't come about yet. It's been, what, two or three weeks since the news broke about Pokémon XY? Not even enough time for the next issue of CoroCoro Magazine to come out. You won't really be able to declare "MISSION: POSSIBLE" until we get to May or June and you still remain as unspoilered then as you are right now.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #33
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Inevitably some of the new 'mon that are steadily revealed over the coming months will start popping up here and there, in people's avatars and what-have-you.

It's going to be pretty darned difficult to avoid at least seeing them, so I suppose for me the goal is to resist going 'Oh my gosh, what is that thing?!' and immediately Bulba-ing it.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #34
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Eh, if they start popping up in avatars I'll just take a hiatus 'til it comes out.

You have been warned.

Someone: "Hey, guys, it's our chance to get rid of Mapl-- Kin!"

...T_T
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:44 AM   #35
Sneaze
Mrow?

I legit found out the starters because of a certain someone's avatar. I was not pleased. I have sinced turned avatars off.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #36
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Hey look; there is an option for that in there. Thanks, sneezey!

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #37
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yeah, I didn't even know that existed. 0_o

Thankies, Sneasy!
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON