UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #51
Heather
Naga's Voice

Almost have enough Rattata candy to evolve Jeigan. Almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 07-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #52
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Just got done mowing the lawn (BEES. BEES EVERYWHERE. >_<), checked Go, found a Jigglypuff. Threw a Poké Ball at it, but then the game seemed to freeze. I reloaded the app, and to my relief, I appeared to have caught the Jigglypuff.

Also finally evolved my strongest Drowzee into a Hypno, and it has surpassed my Jynx as my strongest Pokémon.
This happens like half the time I catch a Pokémon for me.

Magmar, Voltorb, Lapras, every time it freezes but when I get back it registers as having caught it.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #53
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It happened again when I encountered a Dewgong, except this time, when I reloaded the app, I didn't have the Dewgong, but I encountered it again immediately. This time I managed to catch it. Need to get some more Poké Balls, though...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #54
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Checked Pokemon Go out of habit/boredom. Saw wild Dragonite. Immediately put my shoes on and left house to find and hunt the wild Dragonite.

CAUGHT IT FIRST TRY I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW
Old 07-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Kudos!

The Pokémon Go wave is so big, even NPR is reporting on it, probably the first time they've reported on Pokémon since Gen 1.

"Pokémon Go Is Catching Us All — In Unexpected Ways"

The biggest item in that article for me, and maybe for Doppel as well as our resident stockholder, is that Nintendo's stock went up by 36% from where it was Wednesday morning to where it was Friday night. 36%. That's crazy, no?
Old 07-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #56
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I knew investing in Nintendo a number of years ago would benefit me eventually.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 07-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #57
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Kind of a dump of thoughts and stuff on Pokemon Go, tl;dr pokemon distribution is varied, gym battles are simple fun, social aspect is best appeal, get Pokemon Go.

I love how regional differences dictate where you can find different PokemonWhere I live has so many eevee they're considered common, and we also get a shockingly high amount of Horsea here too. Never seen a Voltorb, Magnemite, or Porygon, which are all Pokemon I want (big shocker!!) so I'm just hoping for a nice egg.

Speaking of eggs, apparently they are roughly Pokedex number based. 2k eggs can hatch the most common Pokemon but it can also hatch starters and pikachu too. 5k is most Pokemon up to Tauros ish, and 10k can be anything near the end of the dex, including Eevee and Aerodactyl.

Gym battles are kinda fun, my phone is quite bad so I can't dodge as much as I'd like. Basically you tap to attack and swipe to dodge attacks from enemy Pokemon, who are controlled by AI. certain attacks can hit at different speeds, so something like quick attack can be used more often than zen headbutt for example. There are also secondary attacks where they charge up by attacking, then you hold the screen and the game does a cool focus on the Pokemon attacking kinda like a fighting game. I'm currently king(aka have the highest CP pokemon at) my neightborhood gym and have I think 3 other Pokemon stationed right now. Also every 22 hours or so you can collect 500 stardust and 10 Pokecoin, the currency that is usually bought with real money, for every gym you have a Pokemon stationed at.

Rarest thing I've seen so far was a Seadra in my neighborhood, or the Aerodactlyl I hatched if that counts. Friend of mine caught a Weezing(sorry MM) or I've seen a couple Snorlax defending gyms so I guess we have that going for us. I think our main commodity is probably eevee though.

Btw parties at major town centers or public parks are fantastic you can meet so many different people playing Pokemon Go. The social aspect of the game is on of the huge plus factors, at least for me. I enjoy biking/walking around my neighborhood and seeing people playing Pokemon Go and being able to strike up a conversation with them when we previously might have never had any common ground to talk on. Its a really fresh and interesting experience.

btw if you're not Team Instinct we're gonna have problems
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

Old 07-12-2016, 01:38 AM   #58
dirkac
uhhhhh

So does anyone know if Ditto actually exists or not
Old 07-12-2016, 05:04 AM   #59
Mercutio
Banned

My office is well into it, helps that there's a landmark outside the front door.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:58 PM   #60
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
btw if you're not Team Instinct we're gonna have problems
Roto with the right choices
Old 07-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OK. Out of Poké Balls. Less than 500 Exp. Points from level 7. Nowhere near enough Candies to evolve anything. GPS is screwed up near the local PokéStops, so even when I'm right on top of them, the game thinks I'm, like, on the next street. Local Gym's weakest Pokémon destroys my strongest Pokémon. Out of Potions. Down to one Revive.

My one hope? I have an Egg. Got it from a PokéStop that actually friggin' works while running errands with my brother. 2 kilometers to hatch, so it'll yield 200 Exp. Points, but if it also hatches into something new, it'll get me enough exp. to level me up. I'll get 15 Poké Balls, 10 Potions, 10 Revives, and an Incense. Not a permanent solution, but it's a hell of a start. Suddenly a little less bitter about having never caught Caterpie or Weedle now.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:43 PM   #62
Fairfax
Diesel Jeans

Send a message via Skype™ to Fairfax
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
So does anyone know if Ditto actually exists or not
It's been confirmed that neither Ditto nor the legendaries are available.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:10 AM   #63
deoxys
Fog Badge

Hey everyone, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. It's been a week since launch and while we await information for the rest of the world to receive the game officially, the launch has completed in 3 major regions, which was the intent for this news thread, and it has thus achieved that goal.

Since we don't need to split discussion across two simultaneously active threads for the game, I'm going to ask that we take any general discussion of Pokemon Go over to the main thread in the Pokemon forum.

Please continue all Pokemon Go discussion here.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News