UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 03-30-2017, 10:17 PM   #51
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Umm

So does she... it, like, stream or something? I can see what it is... but i'm confused what it is.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:43 PM   #52
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
So does she... it, like, stream or something? I can see what it is... but i'm confused what it is.
I haven't dug too deeply -- watched only one or two videos fully and three or four more partially -- but from what I could glean from both the videos and the comments sections, no one knows with absolute certainty who or what Kizuna Ai is. Popular theories include (with my own personal theory at the very top of the list):
  • there is no artificial intelligence whatsoever; the scripts are written by a man/woman; and these scripts are then read by a woman
  • there is no artificial intelligence whatsoever; the scripts are written by a man/woman; and these scripts are then parsed through Vocaloid software
  • there is a weak A.I.; the A.I. is given voice through either a female voice actress or else through Vocaloid software
  • there is a strong A.I.; the A.I. is given voice through either a female voice actress or else through Vocaloid software
I don't know how anyone could take seriously the notion that a highly-advanced A.I. is being put to work on YouTube Let's Plays when we still haven't been able to produce artificial intelligences this good elsewhere, but the comments section quickly reveals just how many people want to believe. :') Me, I'm of the opinion that not only is she not real -- of course -- but that she's also lent her voice by a human female recording lines, and not from Vocaloid software or similar. If you watch the videos -- or heck, even the trailer at the part where she shrieks in horror -- you'll find places that seem too organic as of yet, too difficult for Vocaloid users to replicate. To say nothing of the fact that her voice has none of the tinniness or AutoTuning sound of Vocaloid. But again, I'm not an expert in these matters and I can't claim to know the answer to the mystery of Kizuna Ai with certainty.

As far as I know there is no stream. And I imagine it would be impossible. I don't believe the computer-generated image we see of Kizuna Ai is generated on the fly. Rather, I think the creator is using 3D modeling software to "sculpt" a Kizuna Ai to his liking for various reaction shots. That is to say, he makes her eyes droop when he needs them to droop; he makes her look shocked when she needs to look shocked; etc. I imagine this is where the bulk of his efforts lie -- not in the gaming, not in the getting a woman to record lines for him, but in the 3D modeling -- and that it would prove next to impossible for him to have Ai show up for a live stream.

Finally ... say I'm right about there being a woman who records Ai's lines. I don't even know if she's help hired by the creator or if she is herself the creator. If she is Ai's creator, then Ai becomes little more than a mask for a real woman -- a woman whom I am sure many men would love to date. If instead she's hired help recording lines, then Ai becomes one man's concoction of "the ideal waifu", a fictional Let's Player who says perfectly cute things and has perfectly cute reactions because that, her very male and very lonely creator reasons, is exactly what men want to see and hear.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:03 AM   #53
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

ewwwwww
gross

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:40 PM   #54
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

how long before it turns out she's a racist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:08 AM   #55
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

It's basically a less advanced version of Waldo from Black Mirror, now that I think about it.

*spoilers for Black Mirror Season 2 episode 3*

BORKED
Old 04-17-2017, 06:01 AM   #56
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta
BORKED

O_O!! Genesis really does do what Nintendon't.

On a more serious note, I honestly think this is one of the best demos of all time. The effects, the production, the music, pacing, storytelling, it's everything a classic scene demo should be, and more.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:40 AM   #57
nilton54
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
BORKED

O_O!! Genesis really does do what Nintendon't.

On a more serious note, I honestly think this is one of the best demos of all time. The effects, the production, the music, pacing, storytelling, it's everything a classic scene demo should be, and more.
Absolutely agree! Genesis shows its power here. This demo is a timeless gem with impressive effects, music, and storytelling. A true classic scene demo that leaves us in awe. 👌🎮
nilton54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment