UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 AM   #326
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl

I played a bit at a friend's house. Not bad. There's been quite a lot of balance changes. Unlike before where certain characters were always shit and other characters were absurdly good. Bowser is much more playable than he used to be. Shiek/Zelda got nerfed with their longer transformation time. Marth gained a bit more range in his swings. Kirby is extremely well balanced compared to his SSBM counterpart.

The new characters are nice too. King Dededee (or however you spell it) is decently fun and can do some damage with his rocket-hammer. Throwing his minions is a big annoyance for most opponents, especially when they're spikes! And his ability to float despite being a heavy-ish character is a nice thing to have on maps where jumping is necessary.

Meanwhile, Metaknight is ridiculous in close combat. Granted, he has NO RANGED ATTACKS WHATSOEVER, the fact that no one can touch him in close combat really gives you a sense of balance. And he glides. Nothing like winning when both you and your opponent fall off the screen except you glide and they don't.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #327
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I have yet to play any UPN people on brawl.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #328
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I have yet to buy a Wii and Brawl
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #329
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

You know, the more I think about no downloadable content for Brawl, the more I rage. I mean, there's a huge amount of characters they can still tap from their first and second party games, not to mention 3rd parties people would have little trouble associating with the system (hi there, Megaman). And given how this is likely to be the best selling game in the Wii's history, I'm baffled as to why Nintendo turned down an opportunity to print even more fucking money.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #330
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

So, has anyone been Here yet? I predict it becoming one of the more often used resources for those with SD cards. I already took 7-9 stages off of this site, which are now added to my daily brawling repoitoire(is that right?).
Betagold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:38 AM   #331
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

...But wait a second! The European version still isn’t out yet!! We’re still hard at work on it, so please hold on a little longer!

Hey, no problem, I don't mind waiting another year while the rest of the world has already been playing the game for months!

Seriously, the way Nintendo treats Europe is a fucking joke.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:11 AM   #332
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Go play Mario Kart to keep yourself happy.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #333
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

So, there's a glitch that if you play Jigglypuff on the Bridge of Eldin level, and use its final smash in the area where the bridge is missing just as the bridge starts to regenerate, you grow to giant size and then the bridge comes back, knocking you out of your final smash, but keeping you at the size you were at when it happened. It's pretty awesome, let me tell you.
Betagold is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games