UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 07-05-2020, 06:21 PM   #26
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

I have a question about Z-Moves, since it wasn't specified in the post they were introduced; do Z-Moves break two shields when they are used?
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #27
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Yeah that sounds fair, though would still be a bit of a waste of a Z-Move

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:00 AM   #28
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

If both the Raid Boss and the 4th (or 8th, depending on the raid) raiding Pokémon are knocked out in the same turn, who wins? Do the raiders lose like in the games?
Old 08-24-2020, 02:11 PM   #29
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Raiders move before the bosses, so unless someone tries to finish it off with Explosion then the raiders and the boss can never both be at 0% HP at the same time

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #30
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Congrats to Connor, who is now the official Grass/Poison Gym Leader of the Slumbering Wilds Gym!
Old 09-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #31
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

There has been some careful consideration of how Wishing Pieces work in the current format, and after some analysis we have come to the conclusion that the return on investment that you get from being able to grant your Pokemon Gigantamax Potential is relatively small given the very few opportunities that there are for your Pokemon to transform. Because of this, we have decided to create an item that will allow for the Gigantamax Factor to have more use in Fizzy Bubbles. This item will only be obtained by the user of a Wishing Piece after using one to summon a Gigantamax Raid to grant your Pokemon Gigantamax Potential.

Gigantaband: A hold item molded from the remains of a Wishing Piece that channels Gigantamax energy. Has an effect on Pokemon that possess the potential to Gigantamax. This item is untradeable.
Outside Raids: Allows the holder to change form to resemble their Gigantamax form, if they possess Gigantamax Potential. The Pokemon’s size or mass does not increase and the changes are purely cosmetic, but the holder may use their corresponding G-Max Move once per battle.
During Raids: Gives the holder priority for Dynamax Initiative at the start of battle.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #32
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Due to an oversight in the multiplicative mechanics behind attacks like Ice Ball/Rollout, the GLs and I have come up with a way to adjust the way the move is calculated so that it doesn't completely break the raid system. Typically we wouldn't make a change like this until after the raid was concluded, but this was an oversight that called for an emergency fix, so I hope you understand. Because of these changes I will be extending the deadline for this round’s Typhon’s Depths Raid Battle by an additional 24 hours if SpinyShell wishes to change their strategy. Here is a summary of the new rules for Rollout/Ice Ball:

Rollout/Ice Ball (Rock/Ice, Physical 30 BP)
Old Effect: Move doubles in power with each consecutive round. Ends after 5 rounds.
New Effect: Move’s power is increased by the original Base Power (30 BP) with each consecutive round. Ends after 5 rounds.

For full transparency, under the new rules, the 4th hit of Ice Ball would equal 120 BP, if SpinyShell wishes to maintain the same strategy. Yes, it seems like big departure from the video games’ effect, but the GLs and I carefully scrutinized the ways this move can be implemented in Fizzy Bubbles raids, and with some planning and strategy, the damage will still ultimately be higher than if you were to just spam 5 Stone Edges. Additionally, the chain’s initial BP can still be effected through multipliers such as Defense Curl and Technician, and the final hits of the chain still pose an opportunity for massive damage rivaling or even surpassing some Max Moves and Z-Moves.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:27 PM   #33
Sneaze
Mrow?

Hello everyone! With the month coming close to ending the GLs have identified a few problem moves this month that we are looking to put forward changes to. As such we would like to open discussion to the community for the following proposed changes before they are set in stone.

Fury Cutter (Bug, 40 BP)
Base Power increases by +40 BP each turn the move is consecutively used, capping at 160 BP.

Echoed Voice (Normal, 40 BP)
Banned until we can figure out a way for it to not be completely broken and exploitable.

Sunny Day/Rain Dance:
Damage increase for respective types reduced from 1.5x to 1.3x, bringing these in line with Terrains.

For raid bosses only:

Max Guard (Normal, -- BP)
Blocks the strongest attack used against it. (1 Target in 4-Man Raids, 2 Targets in 8-Man or higher Raids)

Protect, Detect, and other protection moves
Blocks the first attack used against it.

Additionally, please note that while we do not have a fix for the ongoing issues revolving around raid sign-ups, this is our top priority prior to the launch of raids next month and we are open to suggestions on the matter.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #34
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

How does Pain Split work in raids? Also, how does Grudge work in raids? The former is very similar to Endeavor in terms of HP mechanics, and the latter is not really applicable to FB raids at the moment because PP does not exist.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:04 PM   #35
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Additionally, please note that while we do not have a fix for the ongoing issues revolving around raid sign-ups, this is our top priority prior to the launch of raids next month and we are open to suggestions on the matter.
I am rather new to raids, and FB in general, so I'm sorta unaware of the nuances of things like raids. When you say issues revolving sign-ups, are you talking about spots getting filled up so quickly that some users are unable to get in and participate in a raid because, if so, I think I might have a possible suggestion on the matter.

This is a really rough idea but...
Spoiler: show

Perhaps the raid sign-up time could operate in two phases. Phase 1 would last 24/36/48 hours (not certain which time would be ideal for allowing everyone a fair shot) and trainers could only sign up for one raid. If they accidentally signed up for two raids, they would have to give up one of their slots. Phase 2 would last the remainder of the sign-up time, but now trainers can sign up for their second raid, or sign up for two if they haven't already signed up for one in the first phase.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #36
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell View Post
I am rather new to raids, and FB in general, so I'm sorta unaware of the nuances of things like raids. When you say issues revolving sign-ups, are you talking about spots getting filled up so quickly that some users are unable to get in and participate in a raid because, if so, I think I might have a possible suggestion on the matter.

This is a really rough idea but...
Spoiler: show

Perhaps the raid sign-up time could operate in two phases. Phase 1 would last 24/36/48 hours (not certain which time would be ideal for allowing everyone a fair shot) and trainers could only sign up for one raid. If they accidentally signed up for two raids, they would have to give up one of their slots. Phase 2 would last the remainder of the sign-up time, but now trainers can sign up for their second raid, or sign up for two if they haven't already signed up for one in the first phase.
Yeah, to sum it up, we've tried synchronizing the raid sign ups recently, but the biggest drawback is that our folks in Europe and Africa miss out on opportunities because of the time zone difference. Staggering the sign ups like you suggested was one of the possible solutions that we might explore to see if we can try to get this right so that it's fair for everyone.

Also, to answer Zorchic's question about Pain Split, the GLs and I have discussed it and figured that the best way to make it work with the way health is calculated is to do something similar to how we treat Endeavor where the boss' health is scaled down to its base level and then after averaging the amount of health lost on the user and the target, the difference will either be added or subtracted in relation to that amount.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #37
Sneaze
Mrow?

An additional announcement as we approach end of the month. Going forward, any buffs of the same name do not stack with themselves. This applies to move effects like Helping Hand as well as Abilities such as Steely Spirit and other effects.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #38
Sneaze
Mrow?

In an effort to make raid signups a bit more fair to everyone regardless of timezones, the following changes are being proposed:

- Sign ups begin 2 hours before the 1st of the month (ex: 10 PM GMT September 30th)
- You can only sign up for 1 raid on the 1st of the month. Starting at 2 hours before the 2nd of the month (ex: 10 PM GMT October 1st) you can sign up for your second slot

Note that this is largely just pushing the signup time two hours earlier to allow fairness to our friends in Europe, and staggering each trainer's signup slots to make sure everyone at least gets into one of the raids they care about and nobody is left to just fill whatever raids are remaining due to showing up some hours after everyone else has claimed their slots.

Note that with the upcoming event, the event will count as your second slot if you are signed up, meaning that you can still sign up for your first slot starting at 2 hours before the 1st of the month.

Please let us know if you have any comments or concerns regarding these changes so that we may address them appropriately prior to the start of the month.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:37 PM   #39
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Seeing as no one has voiced any concerns with the proposed changes to sign-ups, the rules as Sneaze stated above will be in place for the time being.

Reminder: Only one raid may be joined tonight, 2 hours before Fizzy Bubbles midnight (22:00 UTC). If you are not also already participating in the Halloween event raid, then you may sign up for a second raid after 24 hours have passed (22:00 UTC tomorrow).
Old 09-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #40
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Sorry for the short notice, but for Wishing Well raids starting from now, the first seven trainers that fully present their Pokemon stats will get in. Placeholders can be placed, but if you fail to edit in your stats before seven others fully post their stats, you cannot participate in the raid. This rule is hard in effect for the Gigantamax Eevee raid, but if there is enough Community Backlash we will open discussion on this rule for the next Gigantamax Raid. We have put this into place primarily due to how coveted Gigantamax Raids are, and we want to make sure that those who are able to fully dedicate themselves immediately get into the raid. This helps prevent things such as sign-up swapping and so forth.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:29 PM   #41
Sneaze
Mrow?

Hey everyone! It's time to bring forward another potential change to raid rules. This time, specifically, is a bit of a touchy subject, so please we do need to hear from as many people as possible as to everyone's thoughts on the matter, even if it's just a statement that you are fine with the changes.

Disqualification Changes

- On first offense of disqualification from a raid in a month, the offending trainer's raid signup slots will be delayed by 24 hours for the next month, as follows:
- First signup can occur at 10 PM the night before the 2nd, instead of 10 PM the night before the 1st
- Second signup can occur at 10 PM the night before the 3rd, instead of 10 PM the night before the 2nd
- On the second offense of disqualification from a raid in a month, the offending trainer will lose one of their two raid slots the next month
- This stacks with the first offense, meaning that the trainer may only have one slot which cannot be signed up for prior to 10 PM the night before the 2nd
For clarification, these offenses mean full disqualification from a raid, not simply receiving a disqualification warning for missing a single order. These offenses will also reset monthly, meaning offenses in November would not affect you in January.

If agreed upon, these changes would take place starting in November, so those who did get disqualified in October would not need to worry about being affected by them this time around.

Please let us know your thoughts and concerns here in this thread! While discussion in Discord is more than welcome, we want to make sure we can see what everyone has to say without it being buried in chat!

Old 10-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #42
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Needs to be harsher.

Do the 2nd punishment on the 1st offense and make the new 2nd offense a 2 month ban from raids.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #43
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I'm okay with trying this out.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #44
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Seems good for the casual "just forgetting to post" infractions. It's a stick to punish people with, though not a massive one unless they manage to DQ both their raids.

I imagine not posting for more serious reasons will be figured out if/when that happens.

Same with people who just are chronic DQ-ers, can be figured out later.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:49 PM   #45
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Yeah, this works
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:02 PM   #46
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Sounds totally fair to me, would probably allow for exceptions for extenuating circumstances too but this would need to be communicated by the person signing-up, be that in the beginning or during the Raid (privately or otherwise)

Not sure of a more ‘official’ way to operate that; a thread could be a good idea but not sure everyone would feel comfortable to post if they found themselves dealing with other things and unable to participate
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:10 PM   #47
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm cool with this, and agree that extenuating circumstances should be accommodated for. Real life, after all, does happen, and not all skipped orders come from laziness. That said, I still think this is at least a good step in the right direction.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #48
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

The first offense punishment is good with me. I think it strikes a good balance between harshness and fairness.

The second punishment I'm not so certain on. I get that DQing on two raids, i.e. meaning that you've received at least four warnings, is rather bad, but at the same time restricting another user to just one raid... eh... I don't know. I get that just keeping up with raids is rather simple--just post an attack or cheer--but at the same time I feel it's simplicity can make it easy to forget about and I'd feel bad for users who are going through busy or tough times in their lives and they wind up getting locked to only one raid next month, especially since the amount of absences per raid allowed, i.e. one, in my opinion is rather low. I guess if an exception was made for users who explain themselves, perhaps through PMs, to the raid host or other admins explaining their absence(s), then I think I'd be more alright with this.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #49
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Drop the hammer. Good with this. What happens if they get DQ’d a third time?
Old 10-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #50
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ghidorah View Post
What happens if they get DQ’d a third time?
I don't think that's a concern, as one raider is only allowed to participate in two raids a month.

Anyway, I'm okay with the changes and would not be against trying them out; if other people want to let the new rules accommodate for real-life situations, I support that as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League