UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 06:02 AM   #101
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
first of all, sorry about the long wait guys..I was fairly busy with my job for some time, but after that I was just plain lazy, so no excuse for that..if I take any longer than two weeks from now on, feel free to PM me or something so I don't slack off again.

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

thed3: Eager to end this battle early so you can go look for Coconut, you give your orders and the battle commences once again.
Tsunami goes in close for a hopefully devastating Mega Kick, but Aggron is quick to react - it hardens its body with Iron Defense, and even though Mega Kick hits its mark, Aggron barely feels it. Pleased with itself, it then proceeds to open its mouth and starts collecting Grass energy for a Solar Beam attack. Luckily, Tsunami has another attack ready to go, and fires an Ice Beam straight at Aggron, and this time, his attack deals some good damage and stops the Steel type from executing its Solar Beam. Now positively furious, Aggron charges towards your Blastoise in an attempt to hit it with Double-Edge. That'd probably hurt a lot..but Tsunami stays calm and prepares for the grand finale. Releasing a tremendous amount of high-pressured water from his cannons, it fires the strongest of all Water attacks, Hydro Cannon, at Aggron, and it certainly does the trick. Aggron is hit dead-on and finally, due to taking such a huge super-effective hit, it collapses, and the battle is finally over.
It suddenly gets very quiet in the cave as the Aron and Lairon are looking at their fallen leader, at Tsunami and at you. For a second you fear that they might jsut trample all over you for beating their leader, but then one of the bigger Lairons walks over to you with a look on his face that might just be a smile, although you're not quite sure, and nods at you, gesturing you to follow it. You recall your Blastoise for the moment and follow the Lairon to the back of the cave, towards the exit. After taking one final look back at Aggron and the other Pokemon in the cave, you step through the exit, which leads to another tunnel just like the one you walked through to get here before. You follow the Lairon quietly for a while, and soon, the tunnel starts going uphill and the air gets cleaner and cleaner - looks like you're finally getting close to the surface! And sure enough, you soon see a light at the end of the tunnel (not the metaphorical kind, mind you, the real one), and stepping through it, you finally find yourself out of the underground cave and back on the face of the earth. Looking around, you notice two things - one, it is nighttime, and two, you're really close to the Forest of Mystery now - judging by the distance to it, you're probably only one or two hours of walking away from it. Apparently thinking that you don't need it anymore, Lairon slowly turns around and disappears into the underground cave again.
With that out of the way, your thoughts turn to Coconut again, and you wonder where your Tropius might be. But before you can put any real thinking into it, you hear some rustling from a nearby bush. You turn around to face it, hoping that it might be Coconut..but it's something far worse instead. A group of no less than 4 Zangoose has emerged and quickly surround you. They don't seem to be of the friendly kind either as you guess from their fierce growling and the wild looks they cast you. Looks like you can't get a second of rest in this world..what will you do next?
No problemo. Happens all the time.

Watching the battle take place Thed was extremely excited at just how close the battle was. Both titan reptilian pokemon were tiring out and now it was down to the wire. Tsunami was able to successfully stop Aggron from carrying out a Solar Beam attack and now the Steel pokemon was charging in. But, to no avail as Tsunami unleashed a Hydro Cannon attack. "CHEEEEE HOOOOOOO!" Thed screamed seeing that Tsunami was finally able to execute the huge attack succesfully thanks to the Move Tutor he had sent Tsunami to as a young Squirtle.

It had suddenly become quiet as Thed quickly noticed and he saw that the Aggron wasn't getting up. Thed feared the worst and looked towards Tsunami and asked, "We didn't kill it, did we?" Sweat began to form on Thed's forehead as he felt all the eyes of the Aron, Lairon,and Aggron stare at him and he hoped that the pokemon wouldn't go into a frenzy. A bigger than normal Lairon then comes to the front of the pack and motions Thed to follow him. Tsunami still panting from the battle looks at the fallen Aggron and so does Thed. Gee, I sure do hope its alright... Thed thought and he could tell Tsunami was thinking the same thing. Not wanting to lose an oppurtunity to get out of the underground tunnel/cave Thed recalls Tsunami back into this pokeball, thanks his best friend for winning the battle, and follows the Lairon.

The Lairon leads Thed back to the surface after hours of walking through tunnels and soon leaves Thed staring off into the night. "Hey it looks like the Forest of Mystery isn't that far away! But, where the heck could Coconut be?" A rustling in bushes nearby alert Thed, but Coconut doesn't bound out of it as Thed had hoped. Nope, instead 4 Zangoose surround Thed growling at him leaving him very little choices.

"Man, there just isn't any peace around here is there?" Thed irrittatingly said. He unclipped another pokeball from his waist and lobbed it up into the air. The ball popped open and Thed held out his hands as a little fish pokemon rested in his arms. "Chou!" "Hey Aura! I know you're real excited to be out of your pokeball, but it's time to be serious now, ok." "ChinChinChou!" "That's my girl!" Thed then put on his trusty sunglasses. "Now Aura I want you to let loose a great big Flash to blind these Zangoose since it's so dark right now. I'm going to start running and then you scream out a Supersonic to confuse any Zangoose that stand in the way. I'm gonna run towards the Forest of Mystery so hang on and do your thing." "ChouChou!" I hope all this commotion will attract Coconut or some sort of help our way because I don't think it would be wise to battle these Zangoose with little Aura...

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 AM   #102
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Re: Lee's group - Update #8

Quote:

Sylar: What could very well be the final round of this battle is about to begin, and your Charizard is eager to get it over with. So eager, in fact, that she decides to ignore your orders and, instead of using Smokescreen, goes in to Slash Hitmonlee.
"Haha, looks like you still got a lot to learn lad, your Pokemon's not even listening to you!" the Hitmonlee's trainer calls out, laughing at you. "Let's show him how we deal with reckless opponents, Hitmonlee.."
The Fighting type nods, grinning, and glows red with energy. Waiting for just the right moment, Hitmonlee lets Liza come in close and then grabs her by her claws, holding off her attack, and retaliates by kicking her right in her belly, sending her flying.
Angered by this, the flame on her tail suddenly lights up brightly and grows in intensity. Apparently she's really pissed now, and Hitmonlee gets to feel it, as your Charizard starts collecting a tremendous amount of Fire energy in her mouth and then proceeds to release it in a huge Heat Wave which makes its way right towards Hitmonlee and strikes it with all its might. Pleased to see she landed a hit, but not entirely satisfied yet, Liza spreads her wings and flies towards Hitmonlee. Still shaken from Liza's last attack, Hitmonlee can't do anything but watch as your Charizard opens her mouth wide and releases an astonishing Dragon Rage attack which again hits Hitmonlee dead-on and sends it flying. Desperately, the Fighting type tries to get up, but it's no use: Liza's powered-up attacks - even though it weren't the ones you ordered - were too much, and knocked it out.
Level Up for Liza!

Obviously surprised by the sudden end of this battle, Hitmonlee's trainer recalls his Pokemon and stuffs its Pokeball back in his pocket. Looking at you, he says:
"Hmph, looks like your Charizard is indeed a force to be reckoned with..and looks like you can't quite deal with it yet. But who knows, maybe one day she'll have a worthy trainer..anyway, you've passed, guess I've gotta congratulate you for that."
The guy starts walking over to you and passes Liza on the way, patting her on the neck. Holding out his hand to you, he says "Now that you've bested me in battle, I guess I should introduce myself. Just call me Colonel.."
After shaking his hand and telling him your name, he gestures towards the sky. "Looks like it's getting dark already, and you wanna be well rested for your big trip into the forest, right? Also.."
He walks over to Liza again and points at a spot on her wing. "Apparently your Charizard suffered an injury in our battle, and I'm afraid a simply Potion won't fix that. You could, of course, go to a Pokemon Center or simply wait till the injury is healed by itself, but both of those options would take some time, and you're quite eager to get into the forest, aren't you? Well, it's your lucky day, since I'm quite an expert at treating those, ah, kind of injuries..so, do you entrust me with the treatment and set up camp here for tonight? Or what will it be?" he asks, smirking at you.
Delighted with her performance in the battle, Joe was quick to congratulate Liza, however his thoughts turned to other things as the "Colonel" mentioned that she looked injured. Not sure as what to do, Joe was relieved to hear that the Colonel had the expertise to heal Liza, yet he didn't trust him entirely, and hesitated with his answer. Finally, he'd thought what to do.
"Okay Colonel, if you say you can help heal Liza's injury, then go ahead," Joe said, as he picked a Pokeball of his belt. Throwing it to the ground, it revealed a Flygon in a flash of light, who greeted Joe by smashing him with its tail. "Yeah, erm...thanks. Anyway, Aizo, it's getting late, and we're going to turn in, so I'm going to need you to make sure nothing...unwanted, comes near where we're sleeping, okay? Also," he said, quickly lowering his voice, "keep an eye on the Colonel while he's dealing with Liza." Aizo quickly nodded, and flapping his wings furiously, took to the skies, and circled above, happy to be out and getting some exercise. Meanwhile, Joe had turned to face the Colonel once again.
"So, will Liza's treatment take long? If she's seriously injured, then you'd better get to work," said Joe, before taking a seat on the ground, and watching Aizo fly above.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 AM   #103
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron
Re: Give to me your sweet surrender little lost ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
Yami Ron ~ I love Starcraft <3 but wasn't thinking of that when I used the name (plus the Zerg are far superior anyhow =p)

You give words of encouragement to your feisty Sneasel, Lady Bakura giving her Sandslash opponent some choice words to mull over. Admonishing her you quickly work out your next strategy and administer your orders. Terran sifts the wet sand up with his claws launching it at Lady Bakura, the move looking more like a Mudslap than a Sand Attack due to the state of the sand. Lady Bakura act quickly and zips out the line of fire, a black aura surrounding her as she seemingly vanishes into thin air. Terran and Rebecca look around for her finding her nowhere in sight and the Sandslash make no move to defend himself as if from another realm Lady Bakura appears with a pop slamming into him throwing him to the ground.

Whilst he was off guard, lying down on the ground recovering from the surprise attack, your Sneasel uses her equally sharp claws to dig through the wet sand underground leaving only a hole as evidence that she was there. Terran gets to his feet and notices the hole nearby him and looks down at the ground, knowing that his opponent was hidden beneath him somewhere. He feels a rumbling beneath him and as Rebecca orders him to jump he does. Unfortunately for him though Lady Bakura moved amazingly fast for someone covered in wet sand and caught his underbelly with her claws, chunks of dirt splattering him also.

Lady Bakura lands gracefully on the sand now closer to Rebecca than you and Terran lands awkwardly, trying not to fall over. His rubs his belly a nice claw mark present there. The Dig had not been all that effective due to his type but it still smarted, and he still had chunks of wet sand clinging to his spines.

With a quick order of "Poison Sting" Terran pulled his head back and shot out purple white barbs from his mouth at Lady Bakura who was still quite close to him. The attack caught her full on striking her head and neck making her wince and fall back. She stands back glaring harshly at her opponent before wincing, the poison having entered her bloodstream from a cut on her cheek. Terran is looking the far greater worst for wear but being poisoned is going to slow Lady Bakura down. Both pokemon begin their stare down, eager to continue their battle.
First, I wanted to say I'm sorry for the delay, Arc_Angel. I was out at PeopleSoft Training all last weekk.

"How dare you, Terran and Rebecca. You have no right to harm such an innocent Sneasel like that! Head on even! Lady Bakura, are you all right?"

[Lady Bakura slowly acknowledges] "Sneesel Snee...." (I'm all right my Pharaoh, I was just caught off guard by that Poison Sting)

"Yeah, I know, we're going to have to keep our distance against such a tough opponent. Hang in there and I promise to heal your wounds once this battle is over. Let's go on the defensive for a turn. Let's try Agility to increase your speed and then Torment the Sandslash."

"Sneasel." (I understand your goal, Pharaoh. Very clever.)

(Never taking our eyes off of Terran) "That's right. And while you are avoiding Sandslash's advances, hit it square with another one of your emphasized Bullet Seed attacks! Make it count!"

Lady Bakura nods her head in a quick gesture while keeping her focus on the Sandslash.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #104
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #9

Sylar:
For a moment, Colonel looks disgruntled at you releasing your Flygon, but quickly resumes smirking again. "Ah, don't worry, the treatment itself won't take long thanks to the tools I have and my expertise, so after a night of rest Liza will be in perfectly fine again. Well then, I better get started.."
With that, he turns to your Charizard and goes close to her. Rummaging through his backpack, he takes out a syringe containing some green liquid which he quickly injects into Liza's neck. Suddenly, she trembles and collapses on the ground, apparently unconscious. You rise to your feet, furious at what that man is doing to your Pokemon, but before you can mouth your protest, Colonel says "No need to get worried boy. The treatment is gonna hurt a fair bit, and do you really want your Pokemon to feel the pain? Now settle down, I need to concentrate."
Disgruntled, but not totally convinced of his good intentions, you watch Colonel go on. He kneels down besides Liza and again starts rummaging in his backpack. After a few moments, he apparently found what he was looking for and takes the item in his hand, though you can't see what it is since Liza's right wing is blocking your view. You slowly get closer to Colonel to take a better look at it, just in time to hear him whisper:
"This should do it, should be enough for..YOU!"
He screams out the last word, and in one fluid motion, Colonel gets to his feet and starts running towards you, in his hand not exactly a surgical tool, but what looks like a fairly large hunting knife. Terrified, you try to back away, but Colonel is only a few feet away now. He raises the knife, the last rays of the setting sun reflecting in it, and is about to strike with it..
..when suddenly, a small force of air hits his right hand, sending the knife flying away and leaving Colonel dumbstruck. Both of you look up, and with delight, you notice that Aizo seems to have been paying attention, as he fired the Sonicboom attack just at the right moment.
Colonel, angry that his assault failed, looks from Aizo to you and says "Bah, this must be your lucky day, eh, you little bastard? But I can assure you, you haven't seen the last of me yet..later!"
With that, before you or Aizo can do something, he throws a small rectangular device in the air, turns away and starts running towards away from you. You look at the small thing spinning in the air, but before you're able to act, the device suddenly explodes, emitting an extremely bright flash of light. Unable to turn away, both you and Aizo are blinded by it. As you cover your eyes, you try to make out where Colonel headed to and what he may be up to, but with no success - that flash grenade proved to be pretty effective, and by the time you can see fairly well again, there's no trace of Colonel.
Aizo lands beside you, having regained his sight as well. Looking around, you notice that Liza is still unconscious, but seems fine otherwise. In the distance, the Forest of Mystery is visible, dark and looming..something tells you that it would be the perfect place to hide for someone like Colonel.
What will you do next? You could rest up for the night, or head for the Forest right away, possible tracking down Colonel. Or maybe you'd like to go somewhere else? Your choice..

thed3
The four Zangoose are growling angrily at you, and something tells you that they're gonna make their move soon. Deciding to escape rather than battle them, you release your Chinchou and order her to use Flash. Just as the Zangoose notice that you're up to something and start advancing towards you, Aura's antennae begin to glow and she emits a bright flash, blinding the Zangoose. The moment you see that her attack succeeded, you start running in an attempt to make it to the Forest of Mystery. Lucky for you, the Zangoose are pretty much unable to do anything, so you pass them with relative easy and make your way towards the forest. After a while, you hear tramping behind you, and quickly look back over your shoulder. What you see terrifies you - the four Zangoose are running towards you, and they're quickly catching up. You look forward again - the Forest of Mystery is now only about 150 metres away. You're so close..you're running and running, Aura in your arms, trying hard not to look back on the Pokemon hunting you.
You're even closer now, must be about 50 metres, almost there..when suddenly, to your right, one of the Zangoose appears, having caught up to you. Terrified, you give it your all to get away, but it's no use - the Zangoose are just too fast, and they're all around you again. Flashing their claws, they are about to slash you - you close your eyes and prepare for the inevitable, when suddenly something that feels like a rope wraps itself around your waist and suddenly and forcefully pulls your with it, away from the Zangoose. Not daring to open your eyes, you suddenly feel the grip around your waist loosen, and with a thump, you land on the ground. You slowly open your eyes to see what happened, and are startled at what you see.
Next to you stands a huge Venusaur, looking grimly in the direction of the Zangoose. The "rope" you felt must have been one of its vines - looks like the Grass type saved you. Hoping that it will stay friendly towards you, you watch as the big creature roars loudly, stands on its hind legs and stomps down heavily. You observe your surroundings carefully, but nothing seems to happen - when suddenly, the ground all around the Zangoose begins to crack open, and thick brown vines erupt from it. The Zangoose simply stand there, stunned, unable to act as the vines start to whip, strangle and immobilize them. They're trying their best to slash the vines with their claws, but it doesn't seem to effect them - they seem to be as hard as iron. You watch the vines rampage on for a while, and after a minute or so, they disapppear into the ground, leaving the four Zangoose lying there, beaten and bruised, or possible worse..
Apparently content with itself, the Venusaur turns around and starts walking into the forest. For a moment, you just sit there, staring in awe, when the Grass type turns around and nods at you, gesturing you to follow it. What will you do?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #105
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #9

Quote:

thed3
The four Zangoose are growling angrily at you, and something tells you that they're gonna make their move soon. Deciding to escape rather than battle them, you release your Chinchou and order her to use Flash. Just as the Zangoose notice that you're up to something and start advancing towards you, Aura's antennae begin to glow and she emits a bright flash, blinding the Zangoose. The moment you see that her attack succeeded, you start running in an attempt to make it to the Forest of Mystery. Lucky for you, the Zangoose are pretty much unable to do anything, so you pass them with relative easy and make your way towards the forest. After a while, you hear tramping behind you, and quickly look back over your shoulder. What you see terrifies you - the four Zangoose are running towards you, and they're quickly catching up. You look forward again - the Forest of Mystery is now only about 150 metres away. You're so close..you're running and running, Aura in your arms, trying hard not to look back on the Pokemon hunting you.
You're even closer now, must be about 50 metres, almost there..when suddenly, to your right, one of the Zangoose appears, having caught up to you. Terrified, you give it your all to get away, but it's no use - the Zangoose are just too fast, and they're all around you again. Flashing their claws, they are about to slash you - you close your eyes and prepare for the inevitable, when suddenly something that feels like a rope wraps itself around your waist and suddenly and forcefully pulls your with it, away from the Zangoose. Not daring to open your eyes, you suddenly feel the grip around your waist loosen, and with a thump, you land on the ground. You slowly open your eyes to see what happened, and are startled at what you see.
Next to you stands a huge Venusaur, looking grimly in the direction of the Zangoose. The "rope" you felt must have been one of its vines - looks like the Grass type saved you. Hoping that it will stay friendly towards you, you watch as the big creature roars loudly, stands on its hind legs and stomps down heavily. You observe your surroundings carefully, but nothing seems to happen - when suddenly, the ground all around the Zangoose begins to crack open, and thick brown vines erupt from it. The Zangoose simply stand there, stunned, unable to act as the vines start to whip, strangle and immobilize them. They're trying their best to slash the vines with their claws, but it doesn't seem to effect them - they seem to be as hard as iron. You watch the vines rampage on for a while, and after a minute or so, they disapppear into the ground, leaving the four Zangoose lying there, beaten and bruised, or possible worse..
Apparently content with itself, the Venusaur turns around and starts walking into the forest. For a moment, you just sit there, staring in awe, when the Grass type turns around and nods at you, gesturing you to follow it. What will you do?
Thed sat on the grass still in awe of what had just happened to him. The Zangoose had just caught up to him when all of a sudden Thed's waist was grabbed jolted forward and he flew to the ground. Thed had braced himself and held Aura tighter as he crashed onto the ground and rolled for a good few feet.

He got up and asked Aura, "You ok Aura?"
"Chin."
"Thank goodness..."
"Chin Chin!" Aura peeped up as her bulbs flashed.
"Huh?" Thed asked.

He then looked and saw a huge plant standing between him and the Zangoose. He quickly realized that it was a Venusaur and soon it held itself up on it's rear feet and stomped the ground with its fore feet. Large brown vines with thorns erupted from the ground and attacked the gang of Zangoose. It took awhile, but soon the Zangoose had fallen to the attacks of the vines.

"Hmm.. this Venusaur must be really strong. Knowing Frenzy Plant and all.
"Chin..."
"Shredder knows that attack too Aura. So if you want to see it again just ask him ok."

The Venusaur then turned towards him and Aura and strode past them.

"Umm... Thanks..." was all that Thed could mutter as he watched the Venusaur walk deeper into the Forest of Mystery.

It then turned towards him and gave him a seeming nod. Thed didn't know what the large pokemon wanted with him, but it did save him from the random Zangoose so he decided it was worth the risk. Thed carried Aura in his arms as he slowly followed Venusaur. He then remembered something and he spoke up, "Hey umm... Venusaur. Did you happen to come across a stray Tropius. Mine is named Coconut and we were seperated while we were flying here. If you do could you lead me to where he is because I'm starting to worry about him.

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
Old 08-24-2007, 06:20 AM   #106
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

This is not a home I think I'm better off alone ...

So sorry about the delay guys =/

Jonouchi ~ Making your way downstairs you see Chloe packing all her necessary items into a pink and blue backpack. She wore a pair of dark blue shorts, white and pink trainers, white knee high stockings and a pink T-Shirt that had a picture of a Skitty on the front. She smiled jovially at you before rushing off into the kitchen for rations no doubt. You ask Karl if you may borrow some more Potions from him. He goes over to the basket full of healing items you used before and procured 2 Potions handing them to you.

"Keep an eye on my girl, look out for one another, I couldn't bear it if something happened to her," he says with a solemn look on his face. Chloe returned from the kitchen bounding into the living room with eagerness.

"You ready Ricco?" she asks and you look over your supplies once more. She steps out the door with Hannah skipping behind her and you move to follow her but Karl stops you.

"Please take care of her," he whispers before letting you pass. You move outside and into the warmth of the day. Chloe had already made it over to a public footpath a few metres ahead and you hurry to catch up to her, remembering the promise you made to Karl to protect her. Chloe reads the sign next to the foot path indicating that the way to the Laramie Ranch was up and round to the left. The two of you follow this path Chloe humming a cheerful tune.

10 minutes into your journey you get the feeling that you're being watched, Chloe and Hannah seem oblivious to this though. You move closer to the young girl and Hannah decides at that moment to skip over to a bunch of bright flowers on the grass off the path. A snap is heard and a net rushes up hoisting Hannah up into the air the Skitty letting out a frightened screech. Chloe gasped in horror and ran up to the net only to hit a hard body and fall back. You rush to meet her and see two teenagers standing before you both dressed very similarly in black combats and red/green ripped long sleeved shirts.

"Well, well what have we caught here?" one lad with long black hair asked.
"Oh it's only a stupid Skitty," the other with short blue hair added snorting in disgust.

"Please give me my Skitty back," Chloe begged looking up at her struggling kitty.

"Okay," one lad said before flashing you a wicked smirk, "Only if you give us all of your other pokemon," he added sniggering.

"No way!" Chloe cried in horror.

"Well this little girl thinks she's soooo tough, let's show her different" the blue haired boy said pulling a pokeball from behind his back. "And just as I thought today was going to be boring," the black haired boy said follow suit.

Throwing their pokeballs out two pokemon were released; a feral looking Mightyena and a tough Machoke emerged staring you both down with malicious intent written on their faces.

"I'm not afraid," Chloe said trying to keep her voice from wavering, "Liger I need you." Throwing her own pokeball the spunky Quilava emerged flaring up his back staring down the two pokemon before him, his eyes wandering to Hannah every now and then. Chloe looked at you imploringly hoping you would help her out here.

Yami Ron ~ Rebecca and Terran look at you in confusion at your outburst, wondering if you realised that this was a battle and Poison Sting was a legal move. You enquire as to how Lady Bakura is holding up and she apologises for getting caught off guard but states that she is well for now. Deciding to go defensive for the time being you order her to increase her speed with agility. Terran holds out his claws in defence waiting for his orders.

"Rollout again," Rebecca called out and Terran leaps up and into a ball streaming straight for Lady Bakura who easily slips away in a blur of pink and yellow causing Terran to stop and alter his course. He tries once more aiming for her but your Sneasel speeds up and away from harm. This goes on for a few minutes, Terran attempting to hit Lady Bakura with Rollout only for her to dodge with ease and grace. Terran stops and pants in exhaustion and frustration. Rebecca frowns, this wasn't working at all.

"There is one attack that will hit her, Terran Swift her as often as possible." Terran hold his claw up high and as Lady Bakura remains a blur around him he summons 5 sparkling stars that circle his claws before firing off and "homing" in on Lady Bakura striking her in her side throwing her up and hard onto the sand. The added speed from her Agility only seemed to add to the force behind that hit. Getting back up wincing once more as the poison in her blood burned right into the fibre of her being, she decided to put a stop that attack. She glows a smokey black the same aura surrounding Terran who seemed oblivious. Finishing her Torment Lady Bakura picked up speed again and with her Agility rushed towards Terran. Holding up his claw again he tried to summon the same 5 stars but when nothing happened he looked to Rebecca in shock, only now he realised that he felt different, what had that Sneasel done to him?

Not having the time to think a pink and yellow form leapt up and over firing glowing green pellets all over his body. He cried out in pain as each Bullet Seed scored a direct hit. Lady Bakura lands gracefully behind him but cries out too as the Poison ate at more of her body. The two pokemon turn around to face each other, both very weak but both eager to be the victor, their eyes meeting in a fiery glare. Lady Bakura shakes in pain as the poison continues to leave a trail of fire through her body and Terran shakes from the pain of the close range assault he received. Rebecca and you look at your respective pokemon with anticipation; the crowd gathered holding their breath in unison.

A gasp echoes through the crows as one pokemon falls to the wet sand KO'd - Lady Bakura stood triumphantly holding up a claw in acknowledgement of her victory. Level Up for Lady Bakura. The crowd goes bananas roaring in applause at the spectacular battle they had just witnessed. Rebecca rushes through the wet sand to her pokemon kneeling down and cradling his head.

"You were magnificent Terran, well done," she said with tears springing to her eyes. As the crowd disperses a few head over to congratulate you and admire your beautiful and strong pokemon. A few give their condolences to Rebecca who thanks them politely. You congratulate your pokemon who seems immensely proud but still burning all over from the poison in her bloodstream. Searching in your bag for an Antidote you see an orange bottle held out before you and look up to see Rebecca hunched over you offering you the medicine.

"That was a wonderful battle Ron thank you," she says handing you the Antidote. "I was wondering - well I know I still have a lot to learn and a lot more training to do but..." she mumbles trailing off. Her deep brown eyes meet yours and she blushes.

"May I travel with you for a while?" she asks shyly, her sweet demeanour returned.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #107
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Re: This is not a home I think I'm better off alone ...

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ Making your way downstairs you see Chloe packing all her necessary items into a pink and blue backpack. She wore a pair of dark blue shorts, white and pink trainers, white knee high stockings and a pink T-Shirt that had a picture of a Skitty on the front. She smiled jovially at you before rushing off into the kitchen for rations no doubt. You ask Karl if you may borrow some more Potions from him. He goes over to the basket full of healing items you used before and procured 2 Potions handing them to you.

"Keep an eye on my girl, look out for one another, I couldn't bear it if something happened to her," he says with a solemn look on his face. Chloe returned from the kitchen bounding into the living room with eagerness.

"You ready Ricco?" she asks and you look over your supplies once more. She steps out the door with Hannah skipping behind her and you move to follow her but Karl stops you.

"Please take care of her," he whispers before letting you pass. You move outside and into the warmth of the day. Chloe had already made it over to a public footpath a few metres ahead and you hurry to catch up to her, remembering the promise you made to Karl to protect her. Chloe reads the sign next to the foot path indicating that the way to the Laramie Ranch was up and round to the left. The two of you follow this path Chloe humming a cheerful tune.

10 minutes into your journey you get the feeling that you're being watched, Chloe and Hannah seem oblivious to this though. You move closer to the young girl and Hannah decides at that moment to skip over to a bunch of bright flowers on the grass off the path. A snap is heard and a net rushes up hoisting Hannah up into the air the Skitty letting out a frightened screech. Chloe gasped in horror and ran up to the net only to hit a hard body and fall back. You rush to meet her and see two teenagers standing before you both dressed very similarly in black combats and red/green ripped long sleeved shirts.

"Well, well what have we caught here?" one lad with long black hair asked.
"Oh it's only a stupid Skitty," the other with short blue hair added snorting in disgust.

"Please give me my Skitty back," Chloe begged looking up at her struggling kitty.

"Okay," one lad said before flashing you a wicked smirk, "Only if you give us all of your other pokemon," he added sniggering.

"No way!" Chloe cried in horror.

"Well this little girl thinks she's soooo tough, let's show her different" the blue haired boy said pulling a pokeball from behind his back. "And just as I thought today was going to be boring," the black haired boy said follow suit.

Throwing their pokeballs out two pokemon were released; a feral looking Mightyena and a tough Machoke emerged staring you both down with malicious intent written on their faces.

"I'm not afraid," Chloe said trying to keep her voice from wavering, "Liger I need you." Throwing her own pokeball the spunky Quilava emerged flaring up his back staring down the two pokemon before him, his eyes wandering to Hannah every now and then. Chloe looked at you imploringly hoping you would help her out here.
This...skin....needs...to...DIE!!!!.....

Sorry...

Ricco accepted the Two Potions from Karl and thanked him as he sets off with Chloe, but not before recieving one final word, telling Ricco to keep Chloe safe. Ricco nodded as he goes out the door.

After a while of traveling, they come across a pathway where they saw signs leading off in different directions. Ricco saw the path heading to Laramie Ranch and decided to go that way as Chloe follows, humming cheerfully, as if nothing was going to bother her. Ten minutes have passed and Ricco had an uneasy feeling.

"Why do I get this feeling we're being watched?" Ricco thought.

Ricco looks around making sure he's not seeing things, but soon sees Chloe stray off path, but with what he felt, this wasn't such a good idea.

"Chloe, wait!" he said. "I don't know if you should-"

Before he could finish, he sees Hannah being scooped up with a net, causing Ricco to quickly grab his Level Ball, just incase. The two were arguing, leaving Ricco to wait for the right moment to send Kain out. It wasn't until he hears them wanting all of her Pokemon. The two send out two Pokemon, a Mightyena and a Machoke, leaving Chloe to fend for herself.

"Hey!" Ricco shouted. "It seems a little unfair to face a girl two on one, so how about we even this match!"

Ricco throws his level ball up and out comes a Mawile who makes a nice stretch before preparing to battle his opponents.
"Chloe, listen to me carefully." Ricco whispered, enough so that Chloe can hear him. "I want you to try and keep Machoke busy while I take on Mightyena. Mawile wouldn't stand much of a chance against Machoke, due to the type disadvantage, but he can fend for himself against the other guy. Think you can do that? If anything goes wrong, we'll switch. All right?"

Ricco turns his attention to Kain and his opponents.

"Kain, let's go! First use Iron Defense to raise your defensive power a notch. Then once that's done, go in with an Ice Punch on Mightyena. If he uses a Physical Attack on you, use Counter to deal some nice Fighting damage to it. If not, another Iron Defense! Now go for it, Kain!"

Mawile nods as the battle goes underway.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #108
ForeverFlygon
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ForeverFlygon
Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field:

Lonely Wanderer - Making your way through the port, you decide to follow the masses, as you really don't have a clue yet as to where Atrea city is located. The group of people thins out the further you walk, with people heading off for different places, however, you and a few others soon end up outside the walls, and on the brink of the large Elyra Field.
With both mountains and forests in view, you are quite amazed, however, no city is to be seen. You ask the others, and one of them knows the route to Atrea, however, none of them are actually heading there.
You begin to walk in the directions you have been given, with Lilac fluttering above your head, like happy Butterfree do. Passing by the occasional tree, you hear what you believe is the quarreling of two Spearows. You note some Sentrets that have discovered your presence, and started to chatter with each other, one standing on its tail, observing you. Some hide in their holes, but most of them are intrigued but your bright violet hair, and suddenly, two appear from holes hidden in the grass just a few meters away from you. Lilac jumps at first, however soon realize that they pose no threat to you, and proceed to stay float with a little more grace above your head.
But not everyone likes you that much, unfortunately, which a Furret makes clear by tackling your legs from behind, making you fall down on all four, while the Furret quickly instructs the younger Sentret to get to safety. Then, it turns its head towards you, with, in its own opinion, a menacing grin. Seems like the sayings are true, these pokémon are quite territorial. And most people would only see two options in this scenario; fight, or flee. What will you do?

Shadowshocker - Grim watches the opposing Sentret with concentration, seeing it turn around completely and start digging up sand in Grim's direction. After a few moments, it deems it to be enough, and turns around, only to find the ghost still floating in the same spot, the sand having flown through him. Suddenly, Sentret stiffens as Grim stares into its eyes without blinking. Sentret, seemingly, is caught, as it was a moment too late to avert its gaze. Since everyone's focus is on the two battlers, the world seems to have stopped. A second later, however, Sentret starts to shake its head, managing to break free from Grim's grip, and rushes at its opponent. The Waywatcher boy grins as the Sentret takes a leap towards Grim, but his jaw drops when Sentret passes right through the now half-invisible ghost, and lands hard on the ground on the other side.

Sentret uses its tail to get back onto its feet, but you can notice that it's now panting slightly, and now that it is closer to you, you realize that it is a very young Sentret you are battling.
"Come on, Sentret! Finish it off! Use your special move, Thunderpunch!"

This time, you are the one to be surprised. Fortunately for you, the boy doesn't notice the stunned look on your face, as you quickly turn your head to the little brown and beige pokémon next to you, watching sparks come off its left hand. What will you do?

Xuande - The Pidgey barely manages to land on the branch it aimed on, but still sounds as angry as ever when it makes squeaking sounds at you from a distance, but it stays there, while you and Celes manage to get away from the tree without trouble.

You constantly close in on the forest, and the closer you get the faster you walk, until you find yourself facing a slope that you will have to get past in order to reach the edge of the forest. You start to walk up, but find that it is a bit more difficult than you had originally thought, needing the assistance of Celes more than once. As you reach the top, you turn around and look down at the acres of land below, mostly consisting of lush green grass and a number of scattered trees. Celes nudges you, and nods towards the trees, then walks slowly towards it. You follow her, but just a few meters from the first tree, you hear a hissing in the grass right next to you. Startled, you jump away from it, and notice a small Ekans lying on a stone nearby, basking in the sunlight. Celes looks from you, to the snake, and then to you again. What will you do?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #109
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlygon
Elyra Field:

Shadowshocker - Grim watches the opposing Sentret with concentration, seeing it turn around completely and start digging up sand in Grim's direction. After a few moments, it deems it to be enough, and turns around, only to find the ghost still floating in the same spot, the sand having flown through him. Suddenly, Sentret stiffens as Grim stares into its eyes without blinking. Sentret, seemingly, is caught, as it was a moment too late to avert its gaze. Since everyone's focus is on the two battlers, the world seems to have stopped. A second later, however, Sentret starts to shake its head, managing to break free from Grim's grip, and rushes at its opponent. The Waywatcher boy grins as the Sentret takes a leap towards Grim, but his jaw drops when Sentret passes right through the now half-invisible ghost, and lands hard on the ground on the other side.

Sentret uses its tail to get back onto its feet, but you can notice that it's now panting slightly, and now that it is closer to you, you realize that it is a very young Sentret you are battling.
"Come on, Sentret! Finish it off! Use your special move, Thunderpunch!"

This time, you are the one to be surprised. Fortunately for you, the boy doesn't notice the stunned look on your face, as you quickly turn your head to the little brown and beige pokémon next to you, watching sparks come off its left hand. What will you do?
Hmmmm. Thunderpunch, eh? Shadow mused briefly. Granted, he hadn't expected Grim to have a chance at a landslide victory, but he didn't expect the young Scout Pokemon to have access to an attack outside its natural skill set. The waywatcher, he could tell, was determined to win, but Shadow was less sure of his awareness about his Sentret's capability. Couldn't he tell he was pushing the Normal-type a bit too far? Probably not. He certainly didn't seem open to reason. There was, Shadow analysed, only one way this encounter could end. And that was to end it quickly.

"Grim, let it come at you before you ambush it with Faint Attack! Then blow it away with Ominous Wind!"

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #110
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron
Re: This is not a home I think I'm better off alone ...

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ Rebecca and Terran look at you in confusion at your outburst, wondering if you realised that this was a battle and Poison Sting was a legal move. You enquire as to how Lady Bakura is holding up and she apologises for getting caught off guard but states that she is well for now. Deciding to go defensive for the time being you order her to increase her speed with agility. Terran holds out his claws in defence waiting for his orders.

"Rollout again," Rebecca called out and Terran leaps up and into a ball streaming straight for Lady Bakura who easily slips away in a blur of pink and yellow causing Terran to stop and alter his course. He tries once more aiming for her but your Sneasel speeds up and away from harm. This goes on for a few minutes, Terran attempting to hit Lady Bakura with Rollout only for her to dodge with ease and grace. Terran stops and pants in exhaustion and frustration. Rebecca frowns, this wasn't working at all.

"There is one attack that will hit her, Terran Swift her as often as possible." Terran hold his claw up high and as Lady Bakura remains a blur around him he summons 5 sparkling stars that circle his claws before firing off and "homing" in on Lady Bakura striking her in her side throwing her up and hard onto the sand. The added speed from her Agility only seemed to add to the force behind that hit. Getting back up wincing once more as the poison in her blood burned right into the fibre of her being, she decided to put a stop that attack. She glows a smokey black the same aura surrounding Terran who seemed oblivious. Finishing her Torment Lady Bakura picked up speed again and with her Agility rushed towards Terran. Holding up his claw again he tried to summon the same 5 stars but when nothing happened he looked to Rebecca in shock, only now he realised that he felt different, what had that Sneasel done to him?

Not having the time to think a pink and yellow form leapt up and over firing glowing green pellets all over his body. He cried out in pain as each Bullet Seed scored a direct hit. Lady Bakura lands gracefully behind him but cries out too as the Poison ate at more of her body. The two pokemon turn around to face each other, both very weak but both eager to be the victor, their eyes meeting in a fiery glare. Lady Bakura shakes in pain as the poison continues to leave a trail of fire through her body and Terran shakes from the pain of the close range assault he received. Rebecca and you look at your respective pokemon with anticipation; the crowd gathered holding their breath in unison.

A gasp echoes through the crows as one pokemon falls to the wet sand KO'd - Lady Bakura stood triumphantly holding up a claw in acknowledgement of her victory. Level Up for Lady Bakura. The crowd goes bananas roaring in applause at the spectacular battle they had just witnessed. Rebecca rushes through the wet sand to her pokemon kneeling down and cradling his head.

"You were magnificent Terran, well done," she said with tears springing to her eyes. As the crowd disperses a few head over to congratulate you and admire your beautiful and strong pokemon. A few give their condolences to Rebecca who thanks them politely. You congratulate your pokemon who seems immensely proud but still burning all over from the poison in her bloodstream. Searching in your bag for an Antidote you see an orange bottle held out before you and look up to see Rebecca hunched over you offering you the medicine.

"That was a wonderful battle Ron thank you," she says handing you the Antidote. "I was wondering - well I know I still have a lot to learn and a lot more training to do but..." she mumbles trailing off. Her deep brown eyes meet yours and she blushes.

"May I travel with you for a while?" she asks shyly, her sweet demeanour returned.
Don't worry about the delay Arc_Angel. We understand. Isn't there a way that you can choose a different color to update us with?

"Rebecca, we would be honored to have you accompany us on our adventure. And thank you so much for the Antidote. Here, Lady Bakura." (I spritz her a couple of times and she shows immediate improvement.)

"Sneasel snease! Sneezeeeee." (Thank you Pharaoh and Rebecca, I feel better already. I also enjoyed our battle Terran maybe we can do it again sometime?)

"Lady Bakura, here is my gift to you too as I promised... 11 Rare Candies! You did a wonderful job. You'll be up to LV35 now and even be more of a match for what's to come on our journey." (I hand the candies over to my Sneasel and she wastes no time devouring them, then I look up again and notice Rebecca's blush.)

"Errhm, Rebecca. Lady Bakura and I are on an errand for Mr. Jacob at Elyra Port trying to find and capture a rare Farfetch'd out on the fields for him to fulfill his and his wife's dream. And, um, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? I need to be careful because I might be a little bit over your age requirement, me being 30 years old. And if you are up there with me, you look considerably young for your age."

"Sneasel Sneasel Sneeze." [Lady Bakura shaking her head] (My Pharaoh, the ladies' man.)

Rare Candy Withdrawal
Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #111
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

They say don't trust; you, me, we, us ...

Jonouchi ~ You tell the two teenage bullies in front of you exactly how you feel and move to protect Chloe. Deciding to make the battle fairer you release your own pokemon to stand beside Liger. From the orange and black level ball emerges a small steel pokemon with large jaws dangerous glinting in the sunlight. Your Mawile sensing that the Quilava to his right was an ally moves to stand by his comrade sizing up the two fearsome opponents glaring down at him. You usher Chloe closer to you and whisper your plan to her, not wanting the two guys a little ways off to hear you. You suggest that Liger takes on the bulky Machoke leaving Mightyena to face your Mawile, hoping to nullify the type disadvantage he would have if it were the other way around. You add that if things go pear shaped you'll switch opponents. Chloe hangs on your every word as the more experienced trainer and nods shyly, her expression suddenly hardening as she faces the brutes before her in a show of confidence.

"A Quilava and a Mawile; oh Denny we're in trouble now," the black haired boy said sarcastically rolling the sleeves up on his red shirt.

"Yeah, you're right Tray, maybe we should give up now," the blue haired boy known as Denny says with an equal amount of sarcasm dripping off every word.

"Or how about, when we annihilate their pathetic pokemon we take them along with the puny little Skitty and use them as our pets." Tray says and Chloe shudders at the way he says pets and the malicious look in his eyes.

"Pets, that's a possibility or we can see how much we could make from them in the market," Denny adds cracking his knuckles casting an evil smirk over to you.

Chloe, eyes brimming with tears now angrily screams at the two cold-hearted teenagers, "YOU'RE NEVER GONNA GET OUR POKEMON. WE'LL MAKE YOU SORRY YOU TOOK MY SKITTY!"
She turns Liger and gives him her commands completely forgetting that you're in a team battle in her anger. "Liger go blind the Machoke with Smokescreen before hitting it with your Tackle then hurt it some more with Ember."

Liger eager to please its trainer rushes off to attack its opponent. He breathes in deep and releases a dark cloud of black smoke that fills the air. The two teenagers move out of harms way and the Mightyena leaps to one side to avoid the hazing attack. Machoke coughs harshly as the smoke aggravates its lungs. Liger gives a loud battle cry before rushing into the smoke.

Meanwhile you sigh at Chloe's hate-fuelled actions. She was being rash and impulsive, that was not going to help her in this battle. You instruct Kain to raise his defences and he does so, his whole body glowing white as the steel encompassing him hardens. Mightyena receives an order to boost his stats too and pulls its head back letting loose a haunting Howl to the heavens, pumping it up and boosting its attack power. Kain builds up ice energy in his left fist before running full pelt at the dark doggie. The Mightyena seems to smirk before turning around and digging its paws into the ground shifts a mass of sand that strikes Kain right in the face making him stumble blindly and he flails his attack - which misses entirely and strikes the ground. Frantically rubbing his eyes to remove the gritty sand he doesn't notice the Mightyena run into him with a hard tackle pushing him back. Having missed his opportunity to Counter that attack Kain goes onto plan B and uses Iron Defence once more to build up his armour.

You both hear a similar call of Counter come from Tray and you hear a cry emerge from within the smoke before a cream and blue form flies out and smashes right into Kain knocking them both down. Kain didn't receive much damage as he was building up his defences but Liger is wincing in pain. Mightyena barks in laughter at the misfortunes of both your pokemon but receives an angry Ember in return causing it to yelp in annoyance. Machoke emerges from the smoke looking as healthy as it did at the start.

"So pathetic," Denny says smirking. It appears that these two pokemon are very well trained and you're going to have to work as a team in order to defeat them.

Yami Ron ~ I'm afraid not

You give the Antidote to Lady Bakura who eagerly spritzes it over her wounds feeling the cooling effect immediately sighing in relief. She thanks Rebecca and Terran for a good battle, the latter who was holding his shoulder gingerly as his potions took effect. Terran studies her for a moment before smiling and agreeing wholeheartedly offing up a claw to shake. You smile at Rebecca and tell her that you would be honoured to have her travel with you. She blushes a deep crimson before gracing you with her winning smile that makes your stomach go into a fast spin cycle - in a very good way.

Lady Bakura's eyes light up when she sees her reward for winning the battle and she quickly scoffs down the 11 rare candies feeling immensely refreshed and empowered by the level boost. As you look up to meet Rebecca's warm gaze you tell her of your errand to catch a Farfetch'd in the Avian Fields for Mr. Jacob, hoping to fulfil his deceased wife's dream. Rebecca smiles sweetly you, impressed by your compassion and willingness to help out this man. As you both stand up and make your way off the beach you politely enquire as to Rebecca's age, worried that she may have an "interest" in you, and being 30 years old maybe pushing your luck. Rebecca giggles and moves ahead of you beckoning you forward.

"The way to the Avian Fields is over here Ron," she says moving off the beach and brushing the sand from her feet before putting her soft pumps on. Looking over her shoulder to you as she moves onto the path she gives you a coy grin before saying, "I'm 27, and you look young for your age too." You chuckle to yourself before moving after the young beauty and her pokemon. Lady Bakura shakes her head at your antics but follows along silently.

You both share a somewhat silent walk in the warm sunshine enjoying one another's company; Terran deciding to spark up a conversation with Lady Bakura who is politely answering all his questions and asking a few of her own. The two of you seem to be alone along this path with only the lush trees off to your right, their leaves swaying softly in the light breeze and a large stretch of yellow and green fields to your left. Enjoying the alone time you make to speak to Rebecca when you notice that her attention is suddenly drawn to a man in the distance sat on a bench reading a paper. He's dressed in a smart grey suit and is wearing black shades, his short brown hair cropped close to his head. Rebecca turns to you and grabs your hand pulling you off to the right.

"Let's take the scenic route," she says pulling you in amongst the trees, as you try to stay on your feet at the surprising force she uses. Terran and Lady Bakura backtrack and run after you finally catching you up. Rebecca seeming more like herself now smiles at you and inhales deeply enjoying the scent of the wild flowers here. She bends down to pick some and places one in her long blonde hair and hands the other to Terran who beams at your Sneasel and presents the flower to her. Lady Bakura thanks him graciously and follows suit placing it behind her ear.

"How long have you been a trainer for?" she asks you playing with a flower in her hand. "Was Lady Bakura your first pokemon?" she adds whilst keeping her gaze forward. You move to answer her as you both manoeuvre your way through the trees. Terran rushes ahead before running right back and points up to a white tree with pink Pecha berries hanging from its branches. Opposite is a brown tree with blue Chesto berries. Terran casts his trainer a grin before shooting off some Swift stars at the berries knocking a couple down to the ground. He gathers them up and gives one to Rebecca and scoffs the other giving an intoxicated smile at the taste, he seems to like the sweet berry.

"Ron, want a game of target practice?" she asks you seeming quite thankful for the distraction it would provide. "Terran and I against you and Lady Bakura, whoever hits the most berries wins." Although a very sweet girl she sure does have a competitive streak. Will you take her up on her challenge?

(There are 20 Pecha and 20 Chesto berries, I will use a RNG to determine whether you or Rebecca hit the berries with your pokemon's subsequent attacks. Pick either number 1, 2 or 3 to stick with throughout and order your attack. You get 1 chance per berry (20 in total), that is if you decide to play =p)
Old 09-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #112
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Re: They say don't trust; you, me, we, us ...

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ You tell the two teenage bullies in front of you exactly how you feel and move to protect Chloe. Deciding to make the battle fairer you release your own pokemon to stand beside Liger. From the orange and black level ball emerges a small steel pokemon with large jaws dangerous glinting in the sunlight. Your Mawile sensing that the Quilava to his right was an ally moves to stand by his comrade sizing up the two fearsome opponents glaring down at him. You usher Chloe closer to you and whisper your plan to her, not wanting the two guys a little ways off to hear you. You suggest that Liger takes on the bulky Machoke leaving Mightyena to face your Mawile, hoping to nullify the type disadvantage he would have if it were the other way around. You add that if things go pear shaped you'll switch opponents. Chloe hangs on your every word as the more experienced trainer and nods shyly, her expression suddenly hardening as she faces the brutes before her in a show of confidence.

"A Quilava and a Mawile; oh Denny we're in trouble now," the black haired boy said sarcastically rolling the sleeves up on his red shirt.

"Yeah, you're right Tray, maybe we should give up now," the blue haired boy known as Denny says with an equal amount of sarcasm dripping off every word.

"Or how about, when we annihilate their pathetic pokemon we take them along with the puny little Skitty and use them as our pets." Tray says and Chloe shudders at the way he says pets and the malicious look in his eyes.

"Pets, that's a possibility or we can see how much we could make from them in the market," Denny adds cracking his knuckles casting an evil smirk over to you.

Chloe, eyes brimming with tears now angrily screams at the two cold-hearted teenagers, "YOU'RE NEVER GONNA GET OUR POKEMON. WE'LL MAKE YOU SORRY YOU TOOK MY SKITTY!"
She turns Liger and gives him her commands completely forgetting that you're in a team battle in her anger. "Liger go blind the Machoke with Smokescreen before hitting it with your Tackle then hurt it some more with Ember."

Liger eager to please its trainer rushes off to attack its opponent. He breathes in deep and releases a dark cloud of black smoke that fills the air. The two teenagers move out of harms way and the Mightyena leaps to one side to avoid the hazing attack. Machoke coughs harshly as the smoke aggravates its lungs. Liger gives a loud battle cry before rushing into the smoke.

Meanwhile you sigh at Chloe's hate-fuelled actions. She was being rash and impulsive, that was not going to help her in this battle. You instruct Kain to raise his defences and he does so, his whole body glowing white as the steel encompassing him hardens. Mightyena receives an order to boost his stats too and pulls its head back letting loose a haunting Howl to the heavens, pumping it up and boosting its attack power. Kain builds up ice energy in his left fist before running full pelt at the dark doggie. The Mightyena seems to smirk before turning around and digging its paws into the ground shifts a mass of sand that strikes Kain right in the face making him stumble blindly and he flails his attack - which misses entirely and strikes the ground. Frantically rubbing his eyes to remove the gritty sand he doesn't notice the Mightyena run into him with a hard tackle pushing him back. Having missed his opportunity to Counter that attack Kain goes onto plan B and uses Iron Defence once more to build up his armour.

You both hear a similar call of Counter come from Tray and you hear a cry emerge from within the smoke before a cream and blue form flies out and smashes right into Kain knocking them both down. Kain didn't receive much damage as he was building up his defences but Liger is wincing in pain. Mightyena barks in laughter at the misfortunes of both your pokemon but receives an angry Ember in return causing it to yelp in annoyance. Machoke emerges from the smoke looking as healthy as it did at the start.

"So pathetic," Denny says smirking. It appears that these two pokemon are very well trained and you're going to have to work as a team in order to defeat them.
Ricco sighs at these turns of events. He feared that something like this would happen to him and now he's going to wish they hadn't said what they said.

"Chloe, I know it's hard, but you have to remain calm." he said. "I'm angry too, but we have to keep our cool and concentrate if we're going to win. If we keep fighting out of anger, we're going to lose and Hannah, Liger and Kain will belong to them! Now we need to think of a plan. Right now, we need to keep our current strategy together."

Ricco sighs as he tries to continue the battle.

"Just concentrate and everything will work out. I promise."

Ricco was in a bit of a bind now. None of his attacks were working other than Iron Defense. He had to think of something fast!

"Kain, I want you to use Ancientpower on Mightyena, then go with with Faint Attack to sneak around them and once you're in a position they won't expect, use Thunderpunch."

Ricco fears that her anger will get the best of her, but they had to win this match, otherwise they'll lose all three Pokemon to them. He wasn't going to get away with that, and Chloe wasn't going to mess it up for him. Ricco not only had to focus on the battle, but he also had to calm Chloe down as well. He promised to protect her and her Pokemon, and he was going to keep his promise no matter what.

"Kain, let's show these guys that we mean business!" Ricco said.

"Mawile!!!" Kain replied with determination.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #113
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Re: They say don't trust; you, me, we, us ...

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ I'm afraid not

You give the Antidote to Lady Bakura who eagerly spritzes it over her wounds feeling the cooling effect immediately sighing in relief. She thanks Rebecca and Terran for a good battle, the latter who was holding his shoulder gingerly as his potions took effect. Terran studies her for a moment before smiling and agreeing wholeheartedly offing up a claw to shake. You smile at Rebecca and tell her that you would be honoured to have her travel with you. She blushes a deep crimson before gracing you with her winning smile that makes your stomach go into a fast spin cycle - in a very good way.

Lady Bakura's eyes light up when she sees her reward for winning the battle and she quickly scoffs down the 11 rare candies feeling immensely refreshed and empowered by the level boost. As you look up to meet Rebecca's warm gaze you tell her of your errand to catch a Farfetch'd in the Avian Fields for Mr. Jacob, hoping to fulfil his deceased wife's dream. Rebecca smiles sweetly you, impressed by your compassion and willingness to help out this man. As you both stand up and make your way off the beach you politely enquire as to Rebecca's age, worried that she may have an "interest" in you, and being 30 years old maybe pushing your luck. Rebecca giggles and moves ahead of you beckoning you forward.

"The way to the Avian Fields is over here Ron," she says moving off the beach and brushing the sand from her feet before putting her soft pumps on. Looking over her shoulder to you as she moves onto the path she gives you a coy grin before saying, "I'm 27, and you look young for your age too." You chuckle to yourself before moving after the young beauty and her pokemon. Lady Bakura shakes her head at your antics but follows along silently.

You both share a somewhat silent walk in the warm sunshine enjoying one another's company; Terran deciding to spark up a conversation with Lady Bakura who is politely answering all his questions and asking a few of her own. The two of you seem to be alone along this path with only the lush trees off to your right, their leaves swaying softly in the light breeze and a large stretch of yellow and green fields to your left. Enjoying the alone time you make to speak to Rebecca when you notice that her attention is suddenly drawn to a man in the distance sat on a bench reading a paper. He's dressed in a smart grey suit and is wearing black shades, his short brown hair cropped close to his head. Rebecca turns to you and grabs your hand pulling you off to the right.

"Let's take the scenic route," she says pulling you in amongst the trees, as you try to stay on your feet at the surprising force she uses. Terran and Lady Bakura backtrack and run after you finally catching you up. Rebecca seeming more like herself now smiles at you and inhales deeply enjoying the scent of the wild flowers here. She bends down to pick some and places one in her long blonde hair and hands the other to Terran who beams at your Sneasel and presents the flower to her. Lady Bakura thanks him graciously and follows suit placing it behind her ear.

"How long have you been a trainer for?" she asks you playing with a flower in her hand. "Was Lady Bakura your first pokemon?" she adds whilst keeping her gaze forward. You move to answer her as you both manoeuvre your way through the trees. Terran rushes ahead before running right back and points up to a white tree with pink Pecha berries hanging from its branches. Opposite is a brown tree with blue Chesto berries. Terran casts his trainer a grin before shooting off some Swift stars at the berries knocking a couple down to the ground. He gathers them up and gives one to Rebecca and scoffs the other giving an intoxicated smile at the taste, he seems to like the sweet berry.

"Ron, want a game of target practice?" she asks you seeming quite thankful for the distraction it would provide. "Terran and I against you and Lady Bakura, whoever hits the most berries wins." Although a very sweet girl she sure does have a competitive streak. Will you take her up on her challenge?

(There are 20 Pecha and 20 Chesto berries, I will use a RNG to determine whether you or Rebecca hit the berries with your pokemon's subsequent attacks. Pick either number 1, 2 or 3 to stick with throughout and order your attack. You get 1 chance per berry (20 in total), that is if you decide to play =p)
Of course I'm interested in your contest, Arc_Angel. I'll take door number 1 for the win! And too bad we can't get the color changed.

"Well Rebecca, I've been a trainer for so long I don't remember when I started. Remember when Ash started on his journey? Let's say I started on mine the day after him." (I chuckle a bit) "Lady Bakura wasn't my first Pokémon either. That honor goes to my granddaughter Eirafita, my LV51 Espeon as of now."

"Sneasel sne." (Am I not honorable, my Pharaoh?)

"You're just as honorable and on equal footing as she is, Lady Bakura. You wield one of the seven Millennium Items, after all." (Smile)

"Sneasel!" (I do have this sporty Millennium Ring don't I? Thank you!)

"You're welcome. Now are you ready for some very berry target practice, Lady Bakura?"

"Sneaseeeel sneeze..." (Piece of cake...)

"Excellent. On Arc_Angel's mark (LOL), hit all those berries square with your Bullet Seed maneuver. With your level boost, using that move should turn the table in our favor!"

"Sel!" (Right!)

"Oh and Rebecca sweetheart, before we start, don't think I didn't notice that young man sitting on that bench off in the distance in his business suit. Why are you avoiding contact with him? Is there something you need to tell me about why you are out here in the Fields by yourself? Are you in trouble? I'm sorry for all the questions out of the blue. However, as Pharaoh, I care about the safety of others that I come in contact with."
Old 09-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #114
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Re: Lee's group - Update #9

Quote:

Sylar:
For a moment, Colonel looks disgruntled at you releasing your Flygon, but quickly resumes smirking again. "Ah, don't worry, the treatment itself won't take long thanks to the tools I have and my expertise, so after a night of rest Liza will be in perfectly fine again. Well then, I better get started.."
With that, he turns to your Charizard and goes close to her. Rummaging through his backpack, he takes out a syringe containing some green liquid which he quickly injects into Liza's neck. Suddenly, she trembles and collapses on the ground, apparently unconscious. You rise to your feet, furious at what that man is doing to your Pokemon, but before you can mouth your protest, Colonel says "No need to get worried boy. The treatment is gonna hurt a fair bit, and do you really want your Pokemon to feel the pain? Now settle down, I need to concentrate."
Disgruntled, but not totally convinced of his good intentions, you watch Colonel go on. He kneels down besides Liza and again starts rummaging in his backpack. After a few moments, he apparently found what he was looking for and takes the item in his hand, though you can't see what it is since Liza's right wing is blocking your view. You slowly get closer to Colonel to take a better look at it, just in time to hear him whisper:
"This should do it, should be enough for..YOU!"
He screams out the last word, and in one fluid motion, Colonel gets to his feet and starts running towards you, in his hand not exactly a surgical tool, but what looks like a fairly large hunting knife. Terrified, you try to back away, but Colonel is only a few feet away now. He raises the knife, the last rays of the setting sun reflecting in it, and is about to strike with it..
..when suddenly, a small force of air hits his right hand, sending the knife flying away and leaving Colonel dumbstruck. Both of you look up, and with delight, you notice that Aizo seems to have been paying attention, as he fired the Sonicboom attack just at the right moment.
Colonel, angry that his assault failed, looks from Aizo to you and says "Bah, this must be your lucky day, eh, you little bastard? But I can assure you, you haven't seen the last of me yet..later!"
With that, before you or Aizo can do something, he throws a small rectangular device in the air, turns away and starts running towards away from you. You look at the small thing spinning in the air, but before you're able to act, the device suddenly explodes, emitting an extremely bright flash of light. Unable to turn away, both you and Aizo are blinded by it. As you cover your eyes, you try to make out where Colonel headed to and what he may be up to, but with no success - that flash grenade proved to be pretty effective, and by the time you can see fairly well again, there's no trace of Colonel.
Aizo lands beside you, having regained his sight as well. Looking around, you notice that Liza is still unconscious, but seems fine otherwise. In the distance, the Forest of Mystery is visible, dark and looming..something tells you that it would be the perfect place to hide for someone like Colonel.
What will you do next? You could rest up for the night, or head for the Forest right away, possible tracking down Colonel. Or maybe you'd like to go somewhere else? Your choice..
Releasing a sigh of relief, Joe looked around to see that the Colonel had fled. Looking around, Joe could see the Liza was in an okay condition, although unconcious, so he decided the best thing to do was to let her rest up in her Pokeball. Quickly returning her, Joe shouted to Aizo, who landed at his side within seconds.

"Aizo, we're gonna follow that guy. Trouble is, we don't know where he went, so we'll just go to the Forest for now, and hope for the best. Now, since it's a forest, I doubt you'll be able to fly through it, so I'll return you for the time being," he said, before grabbing two Pokeballs. Using one to return Aizo the Flygon, Joe threw the second Pokeball to the ground, and out of the flash of light, a small hippo emerged. "Ippo! It's time to follow after some evil guy!"

".....*yawn*..."

"Yeah, okay. Come on let's go, deep into the forest, woo," he shouted, before running off towards the forest, his little Hippopotas trailing behind.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #115
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #10

Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

Mystical Woodland

Sylar:

With your little Hippopotas in trail, you make your way to the edge of the Forest of Mystery and, after gazing through the thick row of trees for a while, you take heart and enter the area known as the Mystical Woodland.

Despite being situated in a forest, there's still plenty of light here as the sun shines mildly through the treetops, filtered by the millions of leaves on the trees. Shortly after entering the forest, you discover a beaten path leading deeper in, and decide that you might as well follow it.
After about 30 minutes of walking, the path leads into a small clearing, a cluster of trees situated in the middle of it. Oddly enough, the trees in the clearing seem to glow a little, emitting an ominous light. Fascinated by this sight, Ippo rushes off towards the trees to inspect them closer. Hoping that your little hippo is not gonna get himself into any trouble, you slowly follow him.
As you catch up to your Hippopotas, you notice that he seems to be inspecting what looks to you like several pink-ish fruits leaning on one of the trees. Ippo sniffs them for a second, and then opens his gaping mouth wide and proceeds to take a big bite..
..as suddenly, the pink-ish little things come to life and let loose a blast of some sort, which sends Ippo flying, but luckily, you're able to catch him in your arms. Looking up, you see that those little things are in fact several small pink eggs with sporting sheepish grins, and together forming one Exeggcute. By the look on its face, you can tell that you've angered it..what will you do?

thed3:

The enormous Venusaur looks at you indifferently in response to your question and pretty much seem to ignore it, as instead the Grass type gives you a slight push with one of its vines, urging you to make haste. Hoping that you'll get an answer to your question sooner or later, you quietly follow it deeper into the Forest of Mystery..

Walking through the woodlands with Aura in your arms, trailing behind Venusaur, you gaze at the beautiful scenery around you. It seems to be a pretty lush forest with all sorts of exotic and not-so-exotic trees, plants, bushes, mushrooms and so on growing all around the beaten path you are walking on. Listening closely, you can hear a river flowing somewhere to the right of you, and the sound of bird Pokemon chirping fills the air.
After passing through a clearing and crossing a bridge over a river, Venusaur unexpectantly turns right, leaving the path and leading you deeper into the thick and dark trees. Gulping, but knowing that you're probably safe with your powerful protector, you follow it and hope for the best. Venusaur continues to lead the way, and occasionally shows off its Razor Leaf and Vine Whip attacks to slash through thick tree stumps or move boulders blocking the way. After about fifteen minutes of trecking through the bushes like that, it slowly gets brighter again, and then, you find yourself standing in an area entirely clear of trees.
Instead, you see a fireplace and a small wooden hut standing in the middle of this clearing, with two torches at each side of the door. You look enquiringly at the Venusaur, who nods in the direction of the hut, urging you go in. Trusting the Venusaur, you approach the door and step inside.
Inside, you notice that the "furniture", if you might even call it that, is as simply as the wooden hut itself. A table with one chair sits to your left, a big wooden shelf next to it, and on the other side of the room lies a worn bedroll, on which someone is currently sitting.
"Welcome, I've been expecting you, young one." the figure says.
Stepping closer, your eyes slowly getting used to the darkness inside here, you see that the person speaking to you is an old, wise looking woman, clad in colorfully painted rags. You can't say that you find her all the sympathetic, but nonetheless you get closer to her.
"Sit down, I've got much to tell you and we haven't much time." she insists.
You do as she says and sit down opposite her. One question immediately springs to your mind, and just as you're about to open your mouth to ask..
"Say no more, young one.", she cuts you off. "I know that you are looking for that Tropius of yours."
"But how.." you start.
"How I know of this I will not tell you, and it is not of importance to you anyway. Know only this: With my help, you can find the lost one. However, you will have to do something for me in return. Luckily for you, the place where you will find what I ask of you is the same where your stray Tropius is. Be warned, however, that it will be a very dangerous quest, and that there is the possibility that you and your Pokemon will suffer great pain. I know however that you possess great power, and have survived many a peril before, so be not afraid.
Now, you have the choice. You are free to leave this place and look on your own, but I strongly advise you not to wander off in these parts of the forest alone. If you accept my offer though, I will tell you more of what I know, and will send you off posthaste. Think about it carefully; what will you do?" the old woman asks you.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #116
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

I will never ever run away, I'll be here to fight another da

Jonouchi ~ Your turn to Chole seeing her small hand clenched as she vented her anger. Crouching down you enter her vision and her gaze softens as she meets yours. You give her gentle encouragement and tell her to remain calm. You understand how she feels but as the more experienced trainer you understand that cooler heads will prevail here. As you snap her back to reality, the thought of loosing all her pokemon she gasps and sighs now totally agreeing with you.

"I'm sorry Ricco, I guess I let my hatred get the better of me," she says looks ashamed. "I promise to remain calm now. Let's work together and beat these stupid bullies," she says with determination.

"Oh they've kissed and made up, how sweet," Tray says whilst making vomiting motions.

"Who you callin' stupid?" Denny asks a vein popping on his forehead in irritation. "We'll show you who's really the stupid ones here, go and squish that Quilava Machoke, Karate Chop!" he calls out. Machoke lumbers forward towards Liger and pulls its arm back ready to cut him in half.

"I don't think so" Chloe says with renewed confidence, "Liger Quick Attack." Liger rushes forward and as Machoke slams its hand down zips to the side before coming around the back of the muscle pokemon slamming into it with a fast tackle nearly bringing it down to its knees.

Kain noticing that Mightyena has become distracted by its partner's misfortunes powers up an Ancient Power. His fist glows a dark brown and he pelts forward pulling his fist back ready to strike. Mightyena feels a shift in the air and looks forward a little too late only just noticing Kain before it as he punches the dark doggie right in the face making it yelp in pain and fall to the ground.

"Hey, keep your head in the battle Mightyena," Tray scolds his whimpering dark hound who barks an apology but once again is bewildered as Kain is no longer in front of it, he was only there a second ago! A black force slams into it from behind throwing it forward and back to the ground once more as Kain hit his Faint Attack perfectly. This time, not willing to let its master down it immediately gets up and keeps Kain in its sights. Kain powers up electrical energy on his left fist and leaps forward to strike Mightyena only to have the dark doggie leap away at the last moment. He cries out in pain as it Bites down on his free arm and throws him over his shoulder to the ground.

Chloe seems to be fairing better than before now as Liger bears down on the Machoke his body covered in flames. His Flame Wheel hits dead on and makes the Machoke wince in pain and stumble back. Catching its feet quickly and with speed that seemed impossible for a Machoke it picks up Liger tight ready to throw him with its Seismic Toss. Liger wriggles around its arms before smartly curling up in a ball to strengthen his defences. Machoke throws Liger who slams hard into the ground but he does not suffer as much pain as he would have if hadn't been in his Defense Curl.

Now that you are both working together you seem to be gaining more ground in this battle, will your success continue on?

Yami Ron ~ For the sake of this "competition" Rebecca's number will be 3.
Rebecca lets loose a large smile as you mention your starter an Espeon, it seems that she has an affection for them. Before you start the competition you ask Rebecca about the man on the bench, observing her with interest as her shoulders slump and she sighs softly.

"It's just a guy I know that I don't want anything to do with, that's all" she says honestly but it leaves you still wondering. Listening to her offer you quickly give her your decision. Who are you to resist the sweet lure of competition? You decide to take Rebecca up on her challenge and choose Lady Bakura as your pokemon. Rebecca sticks with Terran who seems eager to win this time, enjoying the competition he's getting with the beautiful Sneasel. Both pokemon take their positions in front of the Berry trees.

Lady Bakura chooses to go first and powers up her attack. Her first Bullet Seed shoots off past the first berry and she frowns in disappointment. She fires her next Bullet Seed and that again misses. Getting a little worked up she shoots off her third this time knocking the berry square to the ground. She smiles in pride, happy to have hit her first one. She readies herself once more and begins again:

Attempt 4: 3 (Miss), Attempt 5: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 6: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 7: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 8: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 9: 3 (Miss), Attempt 10: 3 (Miss), Attempt 11: 2 (Miss), Attempt 12: 3 (Miss), Attempt 13: 3 (Miss), Attempt 14: 3 (Miss), Attempt 15: 3 (Miss), Attempt 16: 2 (Miss), Attempt 17: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 18: 2 (Miss), Attempt 19: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 20: 1 (Hit!)

After her 20 attempts she collects her Chesto Berries presenting them to you. Counting them you can see that you have knocked down 8 out of the 20 berries. You congratulate Lady Bakura on her efforts and she blushes from the praise.

Next Terran steps up to the plate and promptly tells Lady Bakura that he intends to win this challenge. He shoots off a singular Swift star that sails past his first berry. Pouting he tries again only to miss once more. Firing off his third swift star his misses once more and growls in annoyance, Lady Bakura had hit at least one berry by now. As his fourth star shot off it knocked down a berry at last and he cheered.

Attempt 5: 2 (Miss), Attempt 6: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 7: 1 (Miss), Attempt 8: 1 (Miss), Attempt 9: 2 (Miss), Attempt 10: 2 (Miss), Attempt 11: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 12: 2 (Miss), Attempt 13: 1 (Miss), Attempt 14: 2 (Miss), Attempt 15: 2 (Miss), Attempt 16: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 17: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 18: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 19: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 20: 3 (Hit!)

Terran collects his berries and as Rebecca counts them she gasps before giggling. "We got 8 berries too" she said in amazement; this challenge had ended in a draw! Terran points out the one berry he had hit earlier and Rebecca admonishes him.

"Terran that one wasn't included!" she says and he laughs with embarrassment before hanging his head. He approaches Lady Bakura and shakes her claw once more. Now the tally lay at Ron: 1W/1D/0L, Rebecca 0W/1D/1L. As you both gather your berries you hear a rustling in the bushes surrounding you that gets louder with every minute. Terran and Lady Bakura look around taking up a stance to fight if necessary when a swarm of what looks like 10 Beedrill emerge buzzing angrily. They don't appear to be too pleased that you've trespassed on their territory or that you've been gathering berries. They hurtle towards you and Rebecca holds in a scream covering her head as their needles jab really close to her. Terran takes a few swipes at them as does Lady Bakura but as quickly as they had arrived they leave. You look around in confusion before Rebecca gasps.

"They took all our berries, our hard won berries," she said. "There are plently left on the tree why did they have to take ours?" she asked in anger stomping her foot. Noticing one straggling Beedrill Rebecca quickly makes a decision and pulls a pokeball from her small bag. Throwing it out a small black feathered bird appears.

"Midnight, follow that Beedrill, its stole something that belongs to us," she says as her Murkrow looks aghast. Its features harden as it quickly flies off after the bee pokemon. Rebecca makes to move after it before she looks over her shoulders.

"I'm not one to let others steal from me, come with me Ron, lets get our berries back." She says before running after her Murkrow; Terran following shortly behind.

This young woman is sure full of surprises and has such unusual pokemon for her appearance you think to yourself. At first glance you'd think she'd be the kind of person who'd train 'pretty' pokemon like Persian and Beautifly but she keeps you guessing and on your toes. You feel like there's a lot more to this woman, the question is, do you want to find out?

I used a dice roller and these are the results I got - what are the odds XD)
Old 09-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #117
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #10

Quote:
Mystical Woodland

thed3:

The enormous Venusaur looks at you indifferently in response to your question and pretty much seem to ignore it, as instead the Grass type gives you a slight push with one of its vines, urging you to make haste. Hoping that you'll get an answer to your question sooner or later, you quietly follow it deeper into the Forest of Mystery..

Walking through the woodlands with Aura in your arms, trailing behind Venusaur, you gaze at the beautiful scenery around you. It seems to be a pretty lush forest with all sorts of exotic and not-so-exotic trees, plants, bushes, mushrooms and so on growing all around the beaten path you are walking on. Listening closely, you can hear a river flowing somewhere to the right of you, and the sound of bird Pokemon chirping fills the air.
After passing through a clearing and crossing a bridge over a river, Venusaur unexpectantly turns right, leaving the path and leading you deeper into the thick and dark trees. Gulping, but knowing that you're probably safe with your powerful protector, you follow it and hope for the best. Venusaur continues to lead the way, and occasionally shows off its Razor Leaf and Vine Whip attacks to slash through thick tree stumps or move boulders blocking the way. After about fifteen minutes of trecking through the bushes like that, it slowly gets brighter again, and then, you find yourself standing in an area entirely clear of trees.
Instead, you see a fireplace and a small wooden hut standing in the middle of this clearing, with two torches at each side of the door. You look enquiringly at the Venusaur, who nods in the direction of the hut, urging you go in. Trusting the Venusaur, you approach the door and step inside.
Inside, you notice that the "furniture", if you might even call it that, is as simply as the wooden hut itself. A table with one chair sits to your left, a big wooden shelf next to it, and on the other side of the room lies a worn bedroll, on which someone is currently sitting.
"Welcome, I've been expecting you, young one." the figure says.
Stepping closer, your eyes slowly getting used to the darkness inside here, you see that the person speaking to you is an old, wise looking woman, clad in colorfully painted rags. You can't say that you find her all the sympathetic, but nonetheless you get closer to her.
"Sit down, I've got much to tell you and we haven't much time." she insists.
You do as she says and sit down opposite her. One question immediately springs to your mind, and just as you're about to open your mouth to ask..
"Say no more, young one.", she cuts you off. "I know that you are looking for that Tropius of yours."
"But how.." you start.
"How I know of this I will not tell you, and it is not of importance to you anyway. Know only this: With my help, you can find the lost one. However, you will have to do something for me in return. Luckily for you, the place where you will find what I ask of you is the same where your stray Tropius is. Be warned, however, that it will be a very dangerous quest, and that there is the possibility that you and your Pokemon will suffer great pain. I know however that you possess great power, and have survived many a peril before, so be not afraid.
Now, you have the choice. You are free to leave this place and look on your own, but I strongly advise you not to wander off in these parts of the forest alone. If you accept my offer though, I will tell you more of what I know, and will send you off posthaste. Think about it carefully; what will you do?" the old woman asks you.
Having followed the Venusaur to a little hut Thed entered it and soon found himself with an old woman in painted rags. She had told him to sit down and just as he did he motioned to question the woman. But, the woman already knew what he was going to ask and cut him off saying that she had something for him to do. Unsure about this the woman then told him that once he found whatever she wanted that he would find Coconut right after. Thed felt optimistic now knowing that Coconut could at least be found.

Thed thought to himself, Gee, this woman sure does seem to know a lot... it's kinda creepy. But, she said I would be able to find Coconut along with whatever she wanted. She also said that the quest would be dangerous and I would be putting the crew in a high risk area. But, I need to find Coconut no matter what and I know the crew would agree with me on that.
"Chou..." Aura said as she blinked her bulbs slowly.
Thed looked at the woman, "I've decided to accept your quest no matter how dangerous it may be. I would do the same for any of my other pokemon and I know that they will support me in my decision as well as helping me with this quest. But, as long as you can guarantee me that I will be able to find Coconut safe and sound while on this quest..."
Thed continued to look straight at the woman as Aura watched on...

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
Old 09-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #118
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Much apologies for the lack of updating on my part. And registering a minor grievance... this skin is horrible for updating in this colour!

Dark Fire: Drought lets her anger take control for a moment, Taunting the Farfetch'd in her native tongue, and after a few moments, the look of hatred on the bird's face is enough to show you it was successful. The Farfetch'd charges at Drought, who stares it down, the hypnotic waves causing the duck Pokemon to sprawl across the ground.

The girl promptly responds with a temper tantrum, sitting on the ground and screaming constantly "It's not fair!" What will you do, with a snoozing psychotic duck and a irritating child?

Dragon 11: Descending into the Eastern Dungeon with Angeline leading the way, your eyes constantly flicker through the semi-darkness, looking for anything that may be unusual. After a few minutes, Angeline stops before a large stone doorway, a pair of Drapion statues towering either side of the doorway.

Angeline beckons you forward, and you gaze upon the doorway, seeing words carved into the stone. You read them aloud softly-

"To pass this way through guarded door
Solve this riddle, nothing more
Fail to guess and face the strife
Of stone guardians brought to life-"

Glancing even further down the door, you see the riddle spoken -

"The end of time, the end of space
Start of eternity, the end of race
Twice in here, twice in there
Twice seen, once heard.
What am I?"

You've got one shot at the riddle, which is probably easier than it seems. What is your response?

Lee-san:
OOC: For reference, once you enter the forest, your colour will change, but you're still technically on the outskirts, hence lemon chiffon.

After giving your orders, you apply an Antidote to Guts' wound, which seems only to slow the poison, the viscous purple liquid still flowing slowly through the wound. Saria, however, mumbles something in her sleep, and Guts shines for a moment with an green glow, the poison fading, and the rock Pokemon passing out.

Turning your attention back to Najid and Nuray, you see Najid give an encouraging howl towards Nuray, a Helping Hand for the coming battle. Two of the Beedrill rush at your Pokemon, but a Fire Spin soon ensnares one of them, a Thunderbolt coursing through the other.

However, the other Beedrill use this to their advantage, sneaking around from the side. Najid manages to strike at his assailant with Flamethrower, but Nuray is struck with a furious Twineedle before he can Dragonbreath his opponent away, a large gash down his right flank clearly visible. Furious, Nuray constricts his attacker in a Thunder Wave, which causes it to crumple to the forest floor.

One Beedrill is fully paralysed, which should keep it down for at least a round or two. One Beedrill is rather crispy, one a tad shocked, and the other is currently emerging from the Fire Spin mostly unharmed. Najid is unharmed thus far, but Nuray's wound is slowly leaking blood.

Four rounds until Saria awakens. What will you do?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #119
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Much apologies for the lack of updating on my part. And registering a minor grievance... this skin is horrible for updating in this colour!

Lee-san: OOC: For reference, once you enter the forest, your colour will change, but you're still technically on the outskirts, hence lemon chiffon.

After giving your orders, you apply an Antidote to Guts' wound, which seems only to slow the poison, the viscous purple liquid still flowing slowly through the wound. Saria, however, mumbles something in her sleep, and Guts shines for a moment with an green glow, the poison fading, and the rock Pokemon passing out.

Turning your attention back to Najid and Nuray, you see Najid give an encouraging howl towards Nuray, a Helping Hand for the coming battle. Two of the Beedrill rush at your Pokemon, but a Fire Spin soon ensnares one of them, a Thunderbolt coursing through the other.

However, the other Beedrill use this to their advantage, sneaking around from the side. Najid manages to strike at his assailant with Flamethrower, but Nuray is struck with a furious Twineedle before he can Dragonbreath his opponent away, a large gash down his right flank clearly visible. Furious, Nuray constricts his attacker in a Thunder Wave, which causes it to crumple to the forest floor.

One Beedrill is fully paralysed, which should keep it down for at least a round or two. One Beedrill is rather crispy, one a tad shocked, and the other is currently emerging from the Fire Spin mostly unharmed. Najid is unharmed thus far, but Nuray's wound is slowly leaking blood.

Four rounds until Saria awakens. What will you do?
no problem, take your time with it. and agreed on the color, I'm so glad both of my updatees are in the forest now xD

Lee watched with amazement as Guts' wounds healed simply after Saria murmured something. "Who exactly is this person?" Lee wondered, but for now, he was just glad that Guts was okay. Deciding to give the rocky little fella a rest, the trainer took a Friend Ball from his belt and returned the Geodude to it. After taking a long glance at Saria who was still soundly asleep, Lee's gaze turned to the battle that was raging on.

Najid and Nuray seemed to fare rather well so far, keeping the Beedrills at bay - however, Nuray suffered a serious wound from one of the Beedrills, and Lee watched in horror as the wound was slowly seeping blood. This battle needed to end quick, Lee though - who knows how long Nuray would hold out, and that super-strong guy from before might be following him and Saria. The beedrills needed to be defeated or at least routed, and fast, but at the same time Lee had to watch out for Saria, and he needed to make sure Nuray didn't overexert himself with that wound. This was going to be tough..
Lee gritted his teeth, thinking hard, until he came up with a battle plan. Raising his voice, he called out to his two Pokemon:

"Well done so far guys, keep it up! Ignore the paralyzed Beedrill for now, and focus on the other ones. The one that was in Fire Spin should still be a little busy, so direct your first attack to the remaining two - Najid, strike one with Extremespeed, and Nuray, hit one with Quick Attack. Afterwards, pick another target - Najid, try to burn one with Will-O-Wisp while Nuray attempts to use Charge Beam one another one. Finish by using Fire Fang and Thunderbolt respectively on two different targets. Let's hope that does the trick.."
Worried about his Pokemon, the girl and himself, Lee hoped for the best and watched his Arcanine and Jolteon fight on..
Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #120
Xander
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress

Xander: After hearing your encouragement, Kecleon regains his feet, nodding obediently and turning to Spearow with a more focused and determined expression. Spearow isn't about to allow Kecleon to make the first move, and once again flies in prepared to ram Kecleon back to the ground. Kecleon is too quick though, Faint Attacking out of harm's way only to reappear a moment later and unleash a Thunder Wave. Small tendrils of electricity surge toward Spearow who narrowly avoids being completely entwined by them due its lightning fast reflexes, but it does take a paralyzing blow to its left wing. Unable to remain airborne, Spearow takes a dive, dropping out of the sky frighteningly fast, the frantic flapping of its good right wing the only thing stopping it from hitting the ground full force.

Coming to a rather ungraceful landing, Spearow skids in the dirt before coming to a halt with a pained cry. Kecleon doesn't waste a second, rushing in and swiping Spearow with a Scratch to its injured wing. Its wing still paralyzed, Spearow doesn't feel the blow, but is quick to retaliate by Pecking Kecleon on the arm resulting in Kecleon's type changing from Normal to Flying...
Curious to see how his young friend will perform in his first battle, Xander watches with interest while the young Kecleon initiates his first attack. The Thunder Wave is partially successful, grounding Spearow and allowing Kecleon a more even playing field. With Spearow unable to fly away, and Kecleon's extensive training at his disposal, Xander formulates a plan.

"Excellent, Kecleon." Xander encourages, wanting his Pokemon to know he's proud of the way the battle is progressing. "You have Spearow right where you want it so cool it off with an Ice Punch then use Mega Kick to slam it into the wall. If you find yourself under attack, drop into a Defense Curl to protect yourself from harm."

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Old 09-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #121
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Re: I will never ever run away, I'll be here to fight another da

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ For the sake of this "competition" Rebecca's number will be 3.
Rebecca lets loose a large smile as you mention your starter an Espeon, it seems that she has an affection for them. Before you start the competition you ask Rebecca about the man on the bench, observing her with interest as her shoulders slump and she sighs softly.

"It's just a guy I know that I don't want anything to do with, that's all" she says honestly but it leaves you still wondering. Listening to her offer you quickly give her your decision. Who are you to resist the sweet lure of competition? You decide to take Rebecca up on her challenge and choose Lady Bakura as your pokemon. Rebecca sticks with Terran who seems eager to win this time, enjoying the competition he's getting with the beautiful Sneasel. Both pokemon take their positions in front of the Berry trees.

Lady Bakura chooses to go first and powers up her attack. Her first Bullet Seed shoots off past the first berry and she frowns in disappointment. She fires her next Bullet Seed and that again misses. Getting a little worked up she shoots off her third this time knocking the berry square to the ground. She smiles in pride, happy to have hit her first one. She readies herself once more and begins again:

Attempt 4: 3 (Miss), Attempt 5: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 6: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 7: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 8: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 9: 3 (Miss), Attempt 10: 3 (Miss), Attempt 11: 2 (Miss), Attempt 12: 3 (Miss), Attempt 13: 3 (Miss), Attempt 14: 3 (Miss), Attempt 15: 3 (Miss), Attempt 16: 2 (Miss), Attempt 17: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 18: 2 (Miss), Attempt 19: 1 (Hit!), Attempt 20: 1 (Hit!)

After her 20 attempts she collects her Chesto Berries presenting them to you. Counting them you can see that you have knocked down 8 out of the 20 berries. You congratulate Lady Bakura on her efforts and she blushes from the praise.

Next Terran steps up to the plate and promptly tells Lady Bakura that he intends to win this challenge. He shoots off a singular Swift star that sails past his first berry. Pouting he tries again only to miss once more. Firing off his third swift star his misses once more and growls in annoyance, Lady Bakura had hit at least one berry by now. As his fourth star shot off it knocked down a berry at last and he cheered.

Attempt 5: 2 (Miss), Attempt 6: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 7: 1 (Miss), Attempt 8: 1 (Miss), Attempt 9: 2 (Miss), Attempt 10: 2 (Miss), Attempt 11: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 12: 2 (Miss), Attempt 13: 1 (Miss), Attempt 14: 2 (Miss), Attempt 15: 2 (Miss), Attempt 16: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 17: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 18: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 19: 3 (Hit!), Attempt 20: 3 (Hit!)

Terran collects his berries and as Rebecca counts them she gasps before giggling. "We got 8 berries too" she said in amazement; this challenge had ended in a draw! Terran points out the one berry he had hit earlier and Rebecca admonishes him.

"Terran that one wasn't included!" she says and he laughs with embarrassment before hanging his head. He approaches Lady Bakura and shakes her claw once more. Now the tally lay at Ron: 1W/1D/0L, Rebecca 0W/1D/1L. As you both gather your berries you hear a rustling in the bushes surrounding you that gets louder with every minute. Terran and Lady Bakura look around taking up a stance to fight if necessary when a swarm of what looks like 10 Beedrill emerge buzzing angrily. They don't appear to be too pleased that you've trespassed on their territory or that you've been gathering berries. They hurtle towards you and Rebecca holds in a scream covering her head as their needles jab really close to her. Terran takes a few swipes at them as does Lady Bakura but as quickly as they had arrived they leave. You look around in confusion before Rebecca gasps.

"They took all our berries, our hard won berries," she said. "There are plently left on the tree why did they have to take ours?" she asked in anger stomping her foot. Noticing one straggling Beedrill Rebecca quickly makes a decision and pulls a pokeball from her small bag. Throwing it out a small black feathered bird appears.

"Midnight, follow that Beedrill, its stole something that belongs to us," she says as her Murkrow looks aghast. Its features harden as it quickly flies off after the bee pokemon. Rebecca makes to move after it before she looks over her shoulders.

"I'm not one to let others steal from me, come with me Ron, lets get our berries back." She says before running after her Murkrow; Terran following shortly behind.

This young woman is sure full of surprises and has such unusual pokemon for her appearance you think to yourself. At first glance you'd think she'd be the kind of person who'd train 'pretty' pokemon like Persian and Beautifly but she keeps you guessing and on your toes. You feel like there's a lot more to this woman, the question is, do you want to find out?

I used a dice roller and these are the results I got - what are the odds XD)
You just never know with probability, Arc_Angel. ^^ One thing is for certain, you never push your luck in any situation.

"Rebecca sweetheart," I yell after her, "the berries aren't as important as your safety through the fields! Come back here! Sigh, Lady Bakura, what is she keeping hidden within to make her so spontaneous?"

Lady Bakura ponders for a moment. "Sneeaseeel.... sneeeasel..." (Hmmm, my Pharaoh, whatever the case may be, we should follow her and make sure she doesn't get hurt by a wild Pokémon or that guy we saw earlier.)

"You're so very right, Lady Bakura. But we must remember our task for Mr. Jacob in capturing that rare Farfetch'd. I hope we don't stray too far off the current path."

"Sneeze!" (Well all roads have to lead somewhere. I think hanging out with Rebecca and Terran might just give us that opportunity to find that Pokémon,)

"Indeed. But seriously though when we catch up with Rebecca, I'm going to make sure I find out EXACTLY going on with her. She really needs to calm down a bit."
Old 09-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #122
Inferno
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Updates my god updates =o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Inferno: As you leave the ship, a loud chirp echoes over the oceans you were just a part of, turning your head you look out to see Swellow enjoying the nice flight nearby the ship and his new freedom after being in it's Pokeball for a while, as you watch on you see him do a little cartwheel in the air before he plants himself next to you awaiting your plan on what to do next. Having a quick look at your new map you notice one thing and one thing only, a volcano, what better place to go then the one thing you love and Swellow nodding in agreement, with everyone in agreement you take your bag and head on through the port into the new fields of Elyra.

Stepping onto the crunchy green grass your first steps into something new and big are right around the corner as you and Swellow take a nice walk through the fields, the Pokemon around you fluttering and flying as you see all the mother and father Pokemon attending to their babies, and people greeting you along the way until after what seems hours you see the Large Volcanic Mountain emerging through the ashy fog, starting from the bottom you gradually eye up the magnificent sight in front of you before starting on a new journey for new friends and maybe even f*BOOM*.As you trail through thought a huge explosion bellows from the top of the volcano, having no clue what's going on you get ready to pack your bags and run the volcano isn't supposed to be active or so said the guide book anyway, as you and Swellow take off you hear another massive Explosion, with your eyes gazed at the peak of the mountain you see the impacting explosion and what seems to be something flying into the air, eyes locked onto the object you trail it with your eyes, up, up, up, arching, arching, arching, coming down, coming down, right near you, you best bloody run boy it's coming right for you. Locked in place you have no idea what to do when Swellow leaps over to you and picks you up as not long after *BOOOOOOOOM*.

After what seems minutes you take a look around you, smoke and rocks scatter you everywhere, shaking off the little scare you just had you have a look around and in the place you were standing not just 2 minutes ago you see a huge crater in the earth, in the middle a huge shiny object that seems to be sparking electricity, wondering what to do you take a look around for something to poke the object with, or at least pull it out of the crater when you start hearing "Damnit, Byjove Damnit all this work gone gone bloody gone," Did the thing just talk? Yes it did, looking down you see the object start stirring, moving as it slowly climbs itself out of the crater beside you, a look of bewilderment hits your face, there's a metallic Nidoking in front of you that seems to speak English.

Having no clue what to do you just stare at it in amazement as it turns towards you, "Oh sorry old Chap, I didn't see you...why do you have that look on your face my Good man? Ohhh, the suit?" Watching the arms of the Nidoking rise up and lift it's head off of it's shoulders you see the face of a grey haired old man looking at you with a pretty mad face on him, "Sorry about the fright there boy, Professor Happo at your service and what a mighty fine Swelow you have their my old bean, hmm thinking about it maybe you can help me out? I was on the top of the mountain testing out my new Mechking4000 that is supposed to withstand the heats of any volcano it can go in, but when I was just about to start up the machine out of the volcano appeared some kind of Pokemon I have never laid my eyes upon, on each arm was some sort of bazooka that fired intense heated fireballs at my creation, which as you can see resulted into a big dent in the ground, but while I was crashing down my equipment was left on top of the volcano and to do some needed adjustments to this thing I will need them as quickly as possible if you could travel up to the top for me and collect my goods for me? I'll reward you greatly, maybe even test out the Mechking 4000 when I'm finished, oh and if you do accept the deal, please watch out for whatever the heck that Pokemon was it was something that not even my eyes have seen before." And with that what will you do?
Inferno has been walking for hours but doesn't feel tired because Empyrean Mountain is very close now and he's getting excited thinking about all of the fire types he might find there. The mountain is very high and he wants to use Charizard to fly there quickly but he's heard it's too dangerous to let Pokemon fly too close to the summit and he doesn't want anything bad happening to Charizard. When he's looking at the mountain top it suddenly explodes and something bursts out of it arcing through the air and falling down right at him. At first he doesn't know what to do but Swellow is thinking faster than him and pushes him out of the way before the thing falls next to him in the field with a big BANG!

Inferno looks around to see smoke and rocks are everywhere and a crater in the ground where the object from the mountain landed. In the middle of the crater is something shiny sparking with electricity and then it starts to talk. When it gets up and Inferno sees its a big metallic Nidoking speaking English he feels his mouth drop open because he knows what he's seeing can't be real. Swellow stands in front of him squawking at the metal beast and flapping her wings telling it to go away but then the Nidoking takes its head off and she stops making noise, staring at the man in the suit looking as shocked as Inferno. The man says his name is Professor Happo and his Nidoking suit is designed to withstand the heat of any volcano which makes Inferno look at it with more interest. This suit can be helpful if he wants to catch rare fire Pokemon. The professor says he was attacked by a Pokemon he's never seen before that shot fireballs out of bazookas on its arms and he needs Inferno's help to get his equipment back that is still in the volcano. Inferno wants to see this Pokemon for himself because if it can blast out fire attacks powerful enough to shoot the professor into Elyra Field from inside Empyrean Mountain's crater, he wants it.

"I'm going up the mountain anyway so I'll help you." Inferno says. He wants to make the trip as fast as possible so he thinks about his Pokemon. It's too dangerous for Swellow or Charizard to fly so Inferno chooses the best Pokemon he has for speedy travel. He returns Swellow to her Feather Ball and takes a Fire Ball out of his bag releasing Arcanine. "Arcanine is fast and strong so we can make it up there pretty fast. What does your equipment look like?" he asks. Jumping onto Arcanine's back, Inferno waits for the professor's answer so he can get up to the top of the mountain and see the mysterious fireball shooting Pokemon for himself.

Active Team
♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.47 ♀ Lv.35 ♀ Lv.29 ♂ Lv.25 ♂ Lv.6

Lanette's PC
♀ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.25 ♀ Lv.25 ♂ Lv.23 ♀ Lv.22 ♂ Lv.20 ♂ Lv.15 ♀ Lv.15
♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♀ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100
Old 09-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #123
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Re: Lee's group - Update #10

Quote:
Mystical Woodland

Sylar: With your little Hippopotas in trail, you make your way to the edge of the Forest of Mystery and, after gazing through the thick row of trees for a while, you take heart and enter the area known as the Mystical Woodland.

Despite being situated in a forest, there's still plenty of light here as the sun shines mildly through the treetops, filtered by the millions of leaves on the trees. Shortly after entering the forest, you discover a beaten path leading deeper in, and decide that you might as well follow it.
After about 30 minutes of walking, the path leads into a small clearing, a cluster of trees situated in the middle of it. Oddly enough, the trees in the clearing seem to glow a little, emitting an ominous light. Fascinated by this sight, Ippo rushes off towards the trees to inspect them closer. Hoping that your little hippo is not gonna get himself into any trouble, you slowly follow him.
As you catch up to your Hippopotas, you notice that he seems to be inspecting what looks to you like several pink-ish fruits leaning on one of the trees. Ippo sniffs them for a second, and then opens his gaping mouth wide and proceeds to take a big bite..
..as suddenly, the pink-ish little things come to life and let loose a blast of some sort, which sends Ippo flying, but luckily, you're able to catch him in your arms. Looking up, you see that those little things are in fact several small pink eggs with sporting sheepish grins, and together forming one Exeggcute. By the look on its face, you can tell that you've angered it..what will you do?
Looking at the small eggs that had formed before him to make a little Pokemon, Joe couldn't help but smile. Turning to his Hippo, Joe quickly went through a couple of strategies in his head, before realising that Hippo only knew 3 moves.
"Right, we'll have to keep this simple. REALLY simple. Start off by using a Sand-attack to hopefully blind a few of the eggs, then follow up by using a quick Tackle. Finally, finish off by using a Bite. Hopefully you won't accidentally eat one of the heads. Actually...that could help. But still, you don't want weird Poke-egg on you," said Joe, before noticing that Hippo was staring into space. "Hello? You get all that?" Hippo slowly turned around, an empty look on his face, before quickly nodding, with a smile, and turning to face the Exeggcute, ready to battle.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #124
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Re: I will never ever run away, I'll be here to fight another da

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ Your turn to Chole seeing her small hand clenched as she vented her anger. Crouching down you enter her vision and her gaze softens as she meets yours. You give her gentle encouragement and tell her to remain calm. You understand how she feels but as the more experienced trainer you understand that cooler heads will prevail here. As you snap her back to reality, the thought of loosing all her pokemon she gasps and sighs now totally agreeing with you.

"I'm sorry Ricco, I guess I let my hatred get the better of me," she says looks ashamed. "I promise to remain calm now. Let's work together and beat these stupid bullies," she says with determination.

"Oh they've kissed and made up, how sweet," Tray says whilst making vomiting motions.

"Who you callin' stupid?" Denny asks a vein popping on his forehead in irritation. "We'll show you who's really the stupid ones here, go and squish that Quilava Machoke, Karate Chop!" he calls out. Machoke lumbers forward towards Liger and pulls its arm back ready to cut him in half.

"I don't think so" Chloe says with renewed confidence, "Liger Quick Attack." Liger rushes forward and as Machoke slams its hand down zips to the side before coming around the back of the muscle pokemon slamming into it with a fast tackle nearly bringing it down to its knees.

Kain noticing that Mightyena has become distracted by its partner's misfortunes powers up an Ancient Power. His fist glows a dark brown and he pelts forward pulling his fist back ready to strike. Mightyena feels a shift in the air and looks forward a little too late only just noticing Kain before it as he punches the dark doggie right in the face making it yelp in pain and fall to the ground.

"Hey, keep your head in the battle Mightyena," Tray scolds his whimpering dark hound who barks an apology but once again is bewildered as Kain is no longer in front of it, he was only there a second ago! A black force slams into it from behind throwing it forward and back to the ground once more as Kain hit his Faint Attack perfectly. This time, not willing to let its master down it immediately gets up and keeps Kain in its sights. Kain powers up electrical energy on his left fist and leaps forward to strike Mightyena only to have the dark doggie leap away at the last moment. He cries out in pain as it Bites down on his free arm and throws him over his shoulder to the ground.

Chloe seems to be fairing better than before now as Liger bears down on the Machoke his body covered in flames. His Flame Wheel hits dead on and makes the Machoke wince in pain and stumble back. Catching its feet quickly and with speed that seemed impossible for a Machoke it picks up Liger tight ready to throw him with its Seismic Toss. Liger wriggles around its arms before smartly curling up in a ball to strengthen his defences. Machoke throws Liger who slams hard into the ground but he does not suffer as much pain as he would have if hadn't been in his Defense Curl.

Now that you are both working together you seem to be gaining more ground in this battle, will your success continue on?
Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for Kain to get out of the TC

Ricco is now glad that these two Pokemon are working together, but it wasn't the time to go easy on them. Ricco had to think of something else soon.

"Now that Chloe's taking this match seriously, maybe we can finally get somewhere." he thought. "Say...what if I had fun with them?"

Ricco goes over to Chloe as he whispers in her ear.

"Hey Chloe." he said quiet enough for her, and only her, to hear him. "Get their Pokemon to attack each other on accident, but don't let them know about it. If they can't work together, that can give us the advantage. It's worth a shot."

Ricco goes back to focusing on the battle as he thinks of some ideas.

"Mawile, Bite down on Mightyena and then use Strength to throw him in Machoke's direction. Make sure it hits, our plan needs to work perfectly! Once that's done, use Counter if a Physical attack is used."

Ricco hopes that his plan would work. He watches the battle as his plan goes into fruition (Or at least he hopes so).

Quote:
Old 09-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #125
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua

Dragon 11: Descending into the Eastern Dungeon with Angeline leading the way, your eyes constantly flicker through the semi-darkness, looking for anything that may be unusual. After a few minutes, Angeline stops before a large stone doorway, a pair of Drapion statues towering either side of the doorway.

Angeline beckons you forward, and you gaze upon the doorway, seeing words carved into the stone. You read them aloud softly-

Glancing even further down the door, you see the riddle spoken -

Twice seen, once heard.
What am I?"

You've got one shot at the riddle, which is probably easier than it seems. What is your response?
No, prob. I actually fell out of FB for a month, anyway.

Footsteps echoes through the stairway as Aero decended down the stairs with a Crobat to his right. He looked all around the dark hallway, though he didn't see anything interesting. Or at least until he saw a massive stone door. To each side were Drapion statues. Angeline pointed to the door and Aero looked through the dim light and read aloud:

He looked at the statues. He didn't want to deal with two powerful-looking pokemon. Returning his gaze to the poem, he found theddle.

Twice seen, once heard.
What am I?"

He smirked, he knew this one. He grabbed a pen out of his backpack, clicking it, and writing a large purple E in his sloppy handwriting. He stepped back, confindent, maybe too confindent, he had the right answer. Aero looked at the crobat queen and smiled.

FB PC
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records