UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #26
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Re: The Twilight Realm

I do hope my guys enjoy adventuring here with me as their guide =p
... and this background and colour so do not go together *shields her eyes*
That said it still means you reply in this colour please and thankya =D

Jonouchi ~ Stepping off at Elrya Port you can see that you could not have picked a better day to come and explore everything this new mysterious environment had to offer. The sun was high in the sky signifying midday, hardly a cloud in the sky to block its beautiful rays that glisten off the rippling surface of the sea. A light breeze helped to keep your skin cool and ruffled your hair as you surveyed the people around you. Traders of all ages at stalls of all sizes beckoned their costumers with offerings of fresh mouthwatering seafood; burly fisherman sat along the piers with their lines cast into the sea, regaling one another with seaman's stories of long ago and betting their pride on who would get the largest haul. Several other trainers like yourself had chosen this place to visit and began their journey towards a new destination.

Your focus drawn back to your own adventure you think through your options as you walk along the docks shutting out the loud chatter of traders as they try to get you to purchase their food and wares. You decide to let out your pokemon to enjoy this experience with you, your Marshtomp stretching out his muscles as he emerges from his pokeball. It seems Kaio is just as happy to be here as you are as looks around with interest, his eyes locking onto the food stalls with hunger shining in them. You make the decision to find somewhere to stay and possibly find some information regarding this grand realm your first order of business being to find out more about the legend itself.

"Wanting to know more about the grand legend mmm boy?" you hear a voice croak out to your right as you walk along the port. Turning to face the voice you see an old woman leaning over her stall, her white hair falling over the wooden front and her brown eyes locked onto you. She must have heard you talking with Kaio.

"Well you've certainly come to the right place, I have just what you need right here," she says with a big smile. You lean in closer, not believing your luck that your search was so short. She pulls on a cord and several wooden banners fall down along the stall, flags popping out of the sides startling both you and Kaio. They advertise "˜The BEST sushi in Elrya"

"That's right folks, this young lad is here to taste the legend that is Nanny Karma's Sensational Sushi, the best in Elrya. Not only mouthwatering but at a price that can't be beat," she croaks out and you back off slightly scared and mildly annoyed that you were lured into that obvious marketing ploy as crowds begin to form around her stall. You pull Kaio away from the food and make your way back along the docks.

Suddenly you hear a high pitched scream coming from a little ways up. Running up to meet it you find a young girl around the age of 10 hanging over the edge of the docks whilst a large man restrained her.

"Daddy let me go, I have to save her, please she's gonna drown. HANNAH!!!" Looking to where she was pointing you could see a Skitty flailing in the water about 8 meters away trying desperately not to sink underneath its surface and to make matters worse, a nearby Corphish had set its eyes on the wet feline and was approaching, fast.

Yami Ron ~ You set foot on the bustling dock of Elrya Port, your beautiful shiny pink Sneasel at your side glad that you had finally made it here, the cruise although being fitted with all the luxuries was a little long for your liking. Greeted by the warm sunshine bathing you in its rays you feel your mood brighten also. A few excited trainers rush from behind you happily running towards their next destination, the thought of adventure fueling them. Thinking a little more realistically you quickly make the decision to head towards Warehouse Alley for a little work and the rewards that come from it.

You move along the docks surveying the many brightly colored stalls lining them, Lady Bakura stretching on her tip toes to see all the items for sale with a mild interest. After a short walk you make it off the docks and onto a small beach, spotting your destination at the beach's edge. Moving a little clumsily through the sands noting the children playing with their pokemon as you pass you make it back to solid ground once more. Shaking the sand from your shoes you head towards the alley encased in shadows, hearing a large array of voices shouting to one another. As you reach the alley you look up at the huge warehouses lining it, each with large signs indicating the company who owned them. Now you have arrived, you'll have to see if you could find a little work.

You slowly make your way through the alley noting the men and women and in some cases pokemon, at work in the warehouses some of them giving you a little notice as you pass them. On each building there was a section of a notice board for prospective workers indicating what if any jobs were available at each warehouse. Walking up to the first notice board you saw that unfortunately there were no jobs going, they must have all been taken for today. Not to be deterred you check out the next one noticing one job available just as you are reading through the specifics another guy around you age moves to stand next to you, quickly reading through the vacancy. He gives you a smirk and snatches the paper off the notice board.

"You snooze you lose pal," he says with a laugh before running inside the warehouse. You scowl at the guys back for his rudeness before shrugging it off. There would be plenty of other jobs to be had. Moving along you spot a warehouse with a sign that indicated with was owned by 'Jacob and Sons' and looking at the notice board you could see 2 jobs advertised.

"Help Wanted for delivery of package to Laramie Ranch and collection of payment.
Requirements: Trainer with a strong pokemon who is able carry heavy/bulky package a long distance. Must be trustworthy! For more details ask inside."

In smaller writing further down:

"Help Wanted for a personal quest, to capture a pokemon in the Avian Field.
Requirements: Trainer willing to risk a little to gain a lot. Must have strong pokemon who are willing to take on a challenge, oh and pokeball or two is always useful! For more details ask inside."

Well it seems you've found two possible jobs, or you could carry on and see what other jobs are available.

*100*100*100*100*065*061*100*073*077*067*065*062*059*056*

*100*069**100*100*100*063*070*100*100*100*060*100*056**040*

*055**055**054**054**049**047**051**052**048**050**052**050*

*055**050**055**051**062**050**048**050**051**051**046**057*

*027**020**013**013**015**012**017**007**007**008**008**006*
Old 05-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #27
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
Yami Ron ~ You set foot on the bustling dock of Elrya Port, your beautiful shiny pink Sneasel at your side glad that you had finally made it here, the cruise although being fitted with all the luxuries was a little long for your liking. Greeted by the warm sunshine bathing you in its rays you feel your mood brighten also. A few excited trainers rush from behind you happily running towards their next destination, the thought of adventure fueling them. Thinking a little more realistically you quickly make the decision to head towards Warehouse Alley for a little work and the rewards that come from it.

You move along the docks surveying the many brightly colored stalls lining them, Lady Bakura stretching on her tip toes to see all the items for sale with a mild interest. After a short walk you make it off the docks and onto a small beach, spotting your destination at the beach's edge. Moving a little clumsily through the sands noting the children playing with their pokemon as you pass you make it back to solid ground once more. Shaking the sand from your shoes you head towards the alley encased in shadows, hearing a large array of voices shouting to one another. As you reach the alley you look up at the huge warehouses lining it, each with large signs indicating the company who owned them. Now you have arrived, you'll have to see if you could find a little work.

You slowly make your way through the alley noting the men and women and in some cases pokemon, at work in the warehouses some of them giving you a little notice as you pass them. On each building there was a section of a notice board for prospective workers indicating what if any jobs were available at each warehouse. Walking up to the first notice board you saw that unfortunately there were no jobs going, they must have all been taken for today. Not to be deterred you check out the next one noticing one job available just as you are reading through the specifics another guy around you age moves to stand next to you, quickly reading through the vacancy. He gives you a smirk and snatches the paper off the notice board.

"You snooze you lose pal," he says with a laugh before running inside the warehouse. You scowl at the guys back for his rudeness before shrugging it off. There would be plenty of other jobs to be had. Moving along you spot a warehouse with a sign that indicated with was owned by 'Jacob and Sons' and looking at the notice board you could see 2 jobs advertised.

"Help Wanted for delivery of package to Laramie Ranch and collection of payment.
Requirements: Trainer with a strong pokemon who is able carry heavy/bulky package a long distance. Must be trustworthy! For more details ask inside."

In smaller writing further down:

"Help Wanted for a personal quest, to capture a pokemon in the Avian Field.
Requirements: Trainer willing to risk a little to gain a lot. Must have strong pokemon who are willing to take on a challenge, oh and pokeball or two is always useful! For more details ask inside."

Well it seems you've found two possible jobs, or you could carry on and see what other jobs are available.
Firstly, I want to say thank you for being my updater, Arc Angel.

"The nerve of some people, eh Lady Bakura? Kids these days just aren't learning their manners at home."

"Sneeeeeasel." (These parents better recognize.)

"You got that right Lady Bakura no one steps in front of the Pharaoh and his Pokémon and gets away with it. If he crosses our path again...."

"Sneezesneeze?" (Hey you alright, Master? You're getting off track.)

"Sorry Lady Bakura. I was getting a little carried away there. Anyways, these two job opportunities are right up our alley aren't they? I tell you what, since you might have problems carrying large packages long distances, and you're the only Pokémon I brought with me on this adventure, how about we go and take that big risk over at Avian Field?"

"Sneeasel!!!" (I haven't battled in years, but I'm always up for a challenge, especially with my new attacks in tow.)

"I'm glad you agree. Let's go check out Jacob and Sons."
Old 05-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #28
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
Jonouchi ~ Stepping off at Elrya Port you can see that you could not have picked a better day to come and explore everything this new mysterious environment had to offer. The sun was high in the sky signifying midday, hardly a cloud in the sky to block its beautiful rays that glisten off the rippling surface of the sea. A light breeze helped to keep your skin cool and ruffled your hair as you surveyed the people around you. Traders of all ages at stalls of all sizes beckoned their costumers with offerings of fresh mouthwatering seafood; burly fisherman sat along the piers with their lines cast into the sea, regaling one another with seaman's stories of long ago and betting their pride on who would get the largest haul. Several other trainers like yourself had chosen this place to visit and began their journey towards a new destination.

Your focus drawn back to your own adventure you think through your options as you walk along the docks shutting out the loud chatter of traders as they try to get you to purchase their food and wares. You decide to let out your pokemon to enjoy this experience with you, your Marshtomp stretching out his muscles as he emerges from his pokeball. It seems Kaio is just as happy to be here as you are as looks around with interest, his eyes locking onto the food stalls with hunger shining in them. You make the decision to find somewhere to stay and possibly find some information regarding this grand realm your first order of business being to find out more about the legend itself.

"Wanting to know more about the grand legend mmm boy?" you hear a voice croak out to your right as you walk along the port. Turning to face the voice you see an old woman leaning over her stall, her white hair falling over the wooden front and her brown eyes locked onto you. She must have heard you talking with Kaio.

"Well you've certainly come to the right place, I have just what you need right here," she says with a big smile. You lean in closer, not believing your luck that your search was so short. She pulls on a cord and several wooden banners fall down along the stall, flags popping out of the sides startling both you and Kaio. They advertise "˜The BEST sushi in Elrya"

"That's right folks, this young lad is here to taste the legend that is Nanny Karma's Sensational Sushi, the best in Elrya. Not only mouthwatering but at a price that can't be beat," she croaks out and you back off slightly scared and mildly annoyed that you were lured into that obvious marketing ploy as crowds begin to form around her stall. You pull Kaio away from the food and make your way back along the docks.

Suddenly you hear a high pitched scream coming from a little ways up. Running up to meet it you find a young girl around the age of 10 hanging over the edge of the docks whilst a large man restrained her.

"Daddy let me go, I have to save her, please she's gonna drown. HANNAH!!!" Looking to where she was pointing you could see a Skitty flailing in the water about 8 meters away trying desperately not to sink underneath its surface and to make matters worse, a nearby Corphish had set its eyes on the wet feline and was approaching, fast.
Ricco progressed through the docks in an effort to find information on the Dark World, Aryle. But before he can go further, he was stopped by another person nearby.

"Wanting to know more about the grand legend mmm boy?" a voice croaked from nearby.

Ricco turns to his right to see an old lady leaning forward in her stall. She's locked onto the two like they were her prey.

"If you know anything, sure." Ricco said.

"Well you've certainly come to the right place, I have just what you need right here,"

Ricco couldn't believe it. Who would have thought he'd get information on Aryle this early? Ricco and Kaio move a bit closer, hoping to find out what info she could have on the Dark World. Suddenly a stream of banners fly in front of them as they freak out both Ricco and Kaio. The signs came into place as the old lady smiled. The banner read: "The BEST sushi in Elrya." Kaio's eyes were sparkling with joy, but Ricco looked at her with his WTF eyes.

"That's right folks, this young lad is here to taste the legend that is Nanny Karma's Sensational Sushi, the best in Elrya. Not only mouthwatering but at a price that can't be beat," she croaks, trying to bring in a crowd.

'Ooooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.' Ricco thought with annoyance. 'This is not the legend I was looking for.'

Soon a crowd began to form as Ricco tried his best to drag Marshtomp by his head fin. Kaio cried desperately as he reaches out for the Sushi.

"Don't bother, Kaio. " Ricco said. "I'm not interested in Seafood and I hate Sushi."

Marshtomp pouts at Ricco's decision. Suddenly they hear a girl scream in shock. Ricco and Marshtomp run forward to see what the commotion was about.

"Daddy let me go, I have to save her, please she's gonna drown. HANNAH!!!"

Ricco sees a Skitty drowning in the water and a Corphish swimming straight towards it. Ricco got a little nervous as he looks at Kaio. Kaio nods his head in response to him being ready for action.

"You're right, Kaio." Ricco said adamantly. "We have to do something about this. All right! Jump in front of Skitty and intercept Corphish's attack with a Mud Shot. You have to be quick with it, because that thing's coming in fast! Once that happens, try to get Skitty out of the water and onto dry land. Then try to push the Corphish away with another Mud Shot!"

Kaio hops into the water and performs his orders.

"GO, KAIO!!!" Ricco screamed. "GO!!!!"

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 AM   #29
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
thed3: Trying your luck with the right hand path, you hope for the best as you step into the tunnel, and start making your way through it. Soon, the tunnel takes a sharp right turn, and then goes downhill for a good while. Observing the walls of the tunnel, you notice that there are claw marks on them..so this tunnel was definately made by something not human. Starting to feel slightly uneasy, you proceed, very cautiously.
After a while - must have been walking for half an hour now - you start to hear some noises, but can't quite make them out yet. Almost sneaking now, you go on, and the noises start getting louder and louder. You hear digging, roaring, growling..something tells you you're about to meet the creator of this tunnel soon. The sounds are clearly audible now; the tunnel takes another sharp turn - suddenly, your find yourself in a huge cave, and freeze because of what you see now.
In this cave are, together with you, dozens of Aron, Lairon and Aggron. They all notice you immediately upon entering their cave. Your heart drops into your guts as they all turn to you - some of them seem confused, others, mostly the small Aron, frightened, but most of them are just plain angry. You feel like you definately don't belong here, but you're just too frightened to even move. Suddenly, the biggest Aggron of them all steps forward from the crowd, pushing others aside, and towers before you - you guess that this must be their leader. You kinda expect that it is going to simply crush you, so you close your eyes and brace yourself - several terrifying moments pass...but nothing happens, so you blink and look at the Aggron standing before you. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem to be angry or furious at all; its look just seems to ask you:
"What are you doing here?"
Looks like you've been blessed with another chance - now, what will you do? Somehow make the Aggron understand what happened to you? Fight it? Escape through the tunnel you came from? Try to barge through the whole lot to the other side? It's your choice - how will you get yourself out of this tight spot?
Looking at the claw marks intently as he walked down the tunnel Thed wondered what beast could have done this. After awhile of walking in the tunnel Thed wondered to himself if it would ever end. But, then he started hearing roaring and growling noises and they were becoming louder. Knowing he was getting close to something or another Thed proceeded with caution. As the tunnel made a sharp turn all of a sudden Thed was in a large cavern filled with Aron, Lairon, and Aggron. Thed's mouth dropped at the sheer number of them and they soon noticed him.

All of a sudden a large Aggron, the largest of them all, pushes through all the Aron, Lairon, and Aggron and is soon towering over Thed. Thed can only gaze back at the Aggron's stare and it did something that Thed never would have thought happened. It simply asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Huh?" Thed replied a bit baffled by such a simple question. He was a bit astonished that the Aggron could talk, but he was in Elyra and he knew that the possibilities were endless in this land. So Thed decided to stay calm, cool, and collected and began to tell of his arrival in Elyra and flying over Elyra Fields until some unknown fast flying object had knocked him off of his Tropius and he had ended up underground and then took their tunnel which led him to where he stands now. Thed hoped that the Aggron would take his story seriously and asked of it, "Would you mind helping me out a bit and telling me the fastest way to get back to the surface? I need to find my Tropius and return to heading towards the Forbidden Forest."

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #30
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Today's updates were brought to you by my need for a break from AP Test studying.

Joshua: Riding on Tessie and with Arren flapping around your head, you charge out of the docks and through the port, wind rushing around you, kicking up dust in your wake. You blow past the many people in the streets, eager to begin your adventure in the new world.

After several minutes, you reach the end of the port and find youself surrounded by tall grass. Realizing that you have reach the Avian Fields, Tessie slows to a trot. Arren rises in the air to get a better view while you and Tessie look around, trying to spot anyone nearby who can give you directions. Tessie contines to trot for almost twenty minutes, without you or either of your Pokemon having any luck. Frustrated, you are beginning to lose hope when Arren descends, pointing with one of his wings in westward. Squinting, you see a dark shape in the distance. Tessie trots closer as you decide to investigate and you soon find yourself in front of a small farm, with about a dozen people wandering around, each doing various tasks. Arren grins, pleased at having been the one to find people to ask directions for. What will you do now?
Before I begin, thanks for taking me as an updatee. I hope I prove worth your time.

Arren lands on Joshua's shoulder, his fanged grin widely and cheerier than usual. Joshua pats him on the head. "Way to go, Arren!" he says encouragingly, and Tessie barks in agreeance. Arren's grin extends wider, and he sweeps one of his large wings in front of his body, a grandiose bow in the works. However, after all the flying he'd been doing, his balance wasn't so good, and his bowing attempt saw him plummet face first into the ground.

Tessie snickered as Joshua leapt off her back, scooping Arren up in his arms. "You've done great, Arren, now take a break." A flash of red light sees the Crobat sucked back into his ball. Tessie rolled her eyes, and Joshua caught her. "Now now, you both need a rest. But I couldn't bring myself to deprive you of exploring this place with me. Now, let's go talk with some of these busy people. See if any of them can give us directions to Incura Valley, or maybe if they need a hand. We can afford to dawdle a bit around here, being such an awesome place and all."

And with that, trainer and Arcanine walked towards the farm, looking forward to whatever hand Fate would deal them...

NOTE: Lee-San, Dark Fire and Dragon 11: You guys form my updatee group for this awesome new zone, and expect me to have updates up within two to three days. If not, some of you have my MSN, and you all have the ability to PM me. Don't let me slack off, ya hear!

Joshua
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Lilbluecorsola: Absol releases another burst of stinging wind, which causes Bobble to flinch slightly. He remains unfazed, however, and slams his foot into the ground. Rocks burst from the ground, slamming into Absol. He manages to escape before it traps him, however. Racing up to Bobble, Absol Bites hard on him, the Dark move doing extra damage due to Bobble's Psychic type. Unfortunately for Absol, Bobble decides to release his Thunder right then. The yellow bolts of electricity surround Absol, the force blasting him away from Bobble, leaving him on the ground, unconcious. Level up for Bobble. You turn to Ralts. We should go, she says to you telepathically. The guards could be here any minute. You nod in agreement. What will you do now?
OOC - Wow, it's been a long time since I've RPed... Thanks for trusting me to still reply. ^^;

The harbinger of destruction swung his scythe once again, propelling a current of harsh air in the blue defender's direction. Bobble winced as the wind barely slashed his skin in several places, but stood his ground. Clapping his appendages together, he slammed them into the floor with such force that rocks sprang up around his opponent, attempting to entrap him. Nimbly the wolf whisked away as the earth roared and collapsed in on itself, almost teleporting to the center of the room. Without hesitating, he sprinted the distance between him and the Wynaut, who was panting slightly from the effort exerted. The Absol's jaws hung hungrily open, and with a surge of power, his legs bent and sprang forward. As he landed on top of his target, his teeth crunched down excruciatingly on one of Bobble's arms. Both Jess and her Pokémon flinched, but luckily for the Wynaut, he had been charging electricity to unleash, which he did so at the critical moment. Bolts of lightning crackled and encircled both his limbs and Absol, building up until the voltage exploded violently. The blast knocked Absol clear away, and his singed body slumped onto the ground, unconscious.

For a second, Jessica had been distracted by the grace of the wolf's fall, its white coat scorched as it lay sprawled and temporarily lifeless. Throughout the battle, she had felt a sense of awe at the sight of such a beautiful and terrible creature, especially as her opponent. Her mind tended to wander to such subjects. She really shouldn't have, but she couldn't help it.

A mental tug snapped her out of her trance, and she turned to look at Ralts. We should go, she intoned with apprehension. The guards could be here any minute. Jessica blinked, then nodded, remembering their mission was to escape. She glanced suddenly at Bobble, whose arm hung slightly limp by his side. He grinned despite it, and waved his undamaged limb, already refusing her offer to return to his Pokéball. He then cast a somewhat ambiguous look at Ralts, and winked(of sorts). Jessica wasn't sure if he was saying something telepathically to the other Psychic, but it looked to her like his expression indicated: I will protect you.

A thought occurred to the girl, and she turned again to Ralts. Ralts, do you know how to TELEPORT? she asked in her mind. She was beginning to find she was more comfortable speaking this way. If you do, we might be able to get out of her more quickly. If not, I suppose we'll just have to keep going like before and look for an exit. And watch out for if that guy returns.

Shadow Pokémon? I wonder what he meant by that. The last part was more of a question to herself. Whatever they were, they certainly didn't sound friendly.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:24 PM   #32
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Well, looky looky, I actually stuck to my word. Lee, Dragon, DF, you guys have been around long enough to know what I expect. No self-updating, at least four lines, yadda yadda yadda. You guys get the drill. And remember, the quicker you guys reply, the more likely I'll update. Enjoy!

Joshua
PS. Sorry for teh suckiness...

Lee-San: As you and your team strut out into this bold and strange new world, the sights of Elyra Field meet your gaze. Lush meadows stretch almost as far as the eye can see, the vague shapes of various buildings lying in the distance. Mekhet takes to the skies, as Nuray and Najid play around in the grass. Guts floats along beside you, and Isaac stands on your other side, staring in wonder at the gorgeous scenery.

Before the sounds of a woman screaming shatter the serenity, and you and your team take off like a flash, heading for the source of the sound. It takes you a mere matter of moments to reach the source of the commotion.

A young girl lays sprawled across the grass, clad in a green tunic, which seems to match her hair (which is only a slightly lighter colour green). She looks at you, and dazzling eyes of emerald cry out soundlessly for help. The sounds of a venomous hiss catch your attention, and you look to see an Arbok terrorizing the poor girl. A small chuckle sounds from a nearby tree, and you can make out a shadowy form nestled in the branches. What will you do?

Dragon 11: The winds blow across your face as you zip through the sky on Wind's back, speeding through the sky, the vast expanse of Elyra Field beneath you. Your destination in mind, Wind finds himself suddenly banking sharply up as a large Fearow appears in front of him, and you hang on tightly as Wind breaks through a large cloudbank...

...And the sky suddenly darkens, and you find yourself gaping. The inside of the large cloudbank is dark, and hides a HUGE castle, floating in the sky. A few Golbat and Crobat circle a pair of towers jutting from the sides, and the flicking of flames indicate somebody's home. A horrible scream echoes through the air, and Wind banks back instinctively, coming into contact with the cloud behind him.

A huge flash flickers into life, and you find yourself shoved forward, catching a glimpse quickly of a rainbow barrier, which disappears swiftly. Looks like you might be stuck here. Another scream emerges from the castle, this one more human in sound. What will you do?

Dark Fire: With your shipboard "adventure" finally over, you step out into the world of Elyra, and smile, finally having arrived. Drought and Obsidian accompany you, and you take the time to observe your surroundings, but are disappointed to not find much.

A sudden whine and a sharp crack soon snaps you from your thoughts, and the sound of heavy footsteps accompanies a shove in your back. Sprawling across the cement ground, you catch a glimpse of a small boy, looking to be about 12, running away, an unconscious Obsidian in his arms. You look around wildly, and see Drought sprawled, shaking its head to regain its senses. Your reaction?
2x/4x Reffing System
Old 05-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #33
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Lee-San: As you and your team strut out into this bold and strange new world, the sights of Elyra Field meet your gaze. Lush meadows stretch almost as far as the eye can see, the vague shapes of various buildings lying in the distance. Mekhet takes to the skies, as Nuray and Najid play around in the grass. Guts floats along beside you, and Isaac stands on your other side, staring in wonder at the gorgeous scenery.

Before the sounds of a woman screaming shatter the serenity, and you and your team take off like a flash, heading for the source of the sound. It takes you a mere matter of moments to reach the source of the commotion.

A young girl lays sprawled across the grass, clad in a green tunic, which seems to match her hair (which is only a slightly lighter colour green). She looks at you, and dazzling eyes of emerald cry out soundlessly for help. The sounds of a venomous hiss catch your attention, and you look to see an Arbok terrorizing the poor girl. A small chuckle sounds from a nearby tree, and you can make out a shadowy form nestled in the branches. What will you do?
Just as it looked like it would be a perfectly peaceful day, Lee suddenly heard a scream coming from a woman nearby. Immediately alert, he rushed towards the source of the sound only to see a terrified young girl lying in the grass, a vicious Arbok near her. Then, he heard a chuckle coming from a tree nearby..could whoever or whatever is hiding in that tree have something to do with all that? There was only one way to find out..
Lee turned to the girl. "Don't worry, I'm here to save you! I'll have my Pokemon attack the Arbok, so when it is distracted, come over here to me, alright?"
Hoping that he comforted the girl a little with his words, Lee then took his Pokeballs from his belt, and recalled his Ivysaur, Arcanine and Jolteon, leaving his Geodude and Pidgeot out.
Turning to the bird Pokemon, he said "Alright Mekhet, I want you to fly to that tree over there where the chuckle came from..blow whoever or whatever is hiding in the branches out with your Whirlwind attack, so we can see the culprit."
Addressing his Geodude, he said "Guts, your job is to take out the Arbok that's terrorizing the girl over there - your type should give you an advantage over it, but nonetheless, be careful. To start off, use your Rock Throw attack at it to get its attention, but be careful not to hit the girl. Then, go into a Defense Curl, and follow up with a Rollout attack! That should do the job.."
Lee hoped he had made the right decisions, and waited to see how all of this would turn out. He quietly chuckled at himself; he just couldn't resist saving a girl in need..
Old 05-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #34
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Dragon 11: The winds blow across your face as you zip through the sky on Wind's back, speeding through the sky, the vast expanse of Elyra Field beneath you. Your destination in mind, Wind finds himself suddenly banking sharply up as a large Fearow appears in front of him, and you hang on tightly as Wind breaks through a large cloudbank...

...And the sky suddenly darkens, and you find yourself gaping. The inside of the large cloudbank is dark, and hides a HUGE castle, floating in the sky. A few Golbat and Crobat circle a pair of towers jutting from the sides, and the flicking of flames indicate somebody's home. A horrible scream echoes through the air, and Wind banks back instinctively, coming into contact with the cloud behind him.

A huge flash flickers into life, and you find yourself shoved forward, catching a glimpse quickly of a rainbow barrier, which disappears swiftly. Looks like you might be stuck here. Another scream emerges from the castle, this one more human in sound. What will you do?
Thank you, Josh. *tries not to disapoint*

"You know, Wind? You really don't have much luck with those Spearow and Fearow. Everytime we run into one they try to attack you," said Aero as the duo were flying through the clouds. He loosed his rigid grip slightly while wiping some of the moisture that accumulated on his face with his sleeve. Then he looked up into the distance and was surprised to see a giant castle. Wind then gave a look that could be though to meant, "This beats going to a library," and Aero agreed.

Aero continued to look at the castle as it got closer, noticing a flickering flame. He was then interupted with a loud screech causing the Pidgeot to try to go back away from the noise, but was pushed forward then a flash of light and a rainbow barrier. Then next thing Aero or his pokemon saw, there wasn't a barrier but there was another scream, this one human, from the castle.

"Aether can wait, I say we have ourselves an adventure!" yelled Aero, pointing towards the scream. Wind nodded then zoomed off to the castle.

FB PC
Old 05-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #35
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Today's updates were brought to you by my need for a break from AP Test studying.
*Finished his last AP Test yesterday*
w00t w00t

Quote:
Dark Fire: With your shipboard "adventure" finally over, you step out into the world of Elyra, and smile, finally having arrived. Drought and Obsidian accompany you, and you take the time to observe your surroundings, but are disappointed to not find much.

A sudden whine and a sharp crack soon snaps you from your thoughts, and the sound of heavy footsteps accompanies a shove in your back. Sprawling across the cement ground, you catch a glimpse of a small boy, looking to be about 12, running away, an unconscious Obsidian in his arms. You look around wildly, and see Drought sprawled, shaking its head to regain its senses. Your reaction?
First of all, thanks for taking me in your group Joshua. Hope we both have a good time through out the coming adventures.
And secondly, note that Drought and Obsidian are now a Ninetales and Houndoom. I will have them evolve sometime in this adventure ... thanks.

Rayne and his two canine companions slowly made their way through the dickside streets. It didn't take them long to realise that not much, if anything at all, is going to happen to them wehile they aimlessly travel the city. Flusterred, Rayne sighed audiably.

<We'll find someone who can guide us. I'm sure.> The all to familiar telepathic voice of his Vulpix ran through his head. It seemed no matter how often she spoke with him in this fashion, Rayne simply couldn't control his shudder at the mental intrusion.

"I hope so." He replied. Despite having been around Drought and her odd psychic abilities for a long time Rayne has not been able to focus clearly enough to respond telepathically. Obsidain looked up at his trainer at the sound, oblivious to the message Drought had sent him; the downside of being a part dark type. So the three continued their uneventful treck, until something eventful finally did occur. A sudden whine and a crack snapped Rayne back from his daydream, only to be greeted with a force that managed to overbalance Rayne. Within an instant Rayne jerked to the side to try and figure out what just happened. A boy, of tweleve as it seemed, was making his getaway with his fainted Houndour. Confused and dazed, Rayne got to his feet while Drought shook her head to fight back the dizziness she was also feeling. Instinctively Rayne snapped out Obsidian's pokeball, but realized that he was too far to be recalled.

"Are you OK?" He asked his Vulpix, who gritted her teeth with anger. Rayne considered this to be a good thing in this situation. Too often has he seen Drought in this condition; eyes flaring, her gnarly teeth exposed and what seemed like a fire of anger burned within her. If not maintained, the usually timid Vulpix would go on what Rayne described as a "berserk rampage". In most cases, these rampages caused more harm than good. This case was different though, there was no way he was going to lose Obsidian to some thief. "Chase on." Rayne cried, and the two broke into a sprint after the culprit.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #36
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

In the immortal words of our very own Gary, I <3 you guys for replying so fast. And apologies for the sucky coding, I'm not used to the NewPN coding stuff yet.

Lee-san: Giving your orders, you find yourself watching Mekhet as he zooms towards the tree, confident in Guts' abilities enough to concentrate on discovering who's hiding in the tree. Mekhet's wings flap, Whirlwind-force winds flustering the tree, and causing a figure to fall from it, landing on his head.
As he rises, you see what looks to be a man in his late twenties or so, with short and spiky black hair, tight dark blue pants, a jet-black shirt, and a blue jacket with a fluffy collar. He grits his teeth, overly annoyed at Mekhet, and your eyes almost bulge out of your head when he rips the tree out of the ground, and smacks Mekhet with it, causing the Pidgeot to crumple to the ground, KO'ed.
Your attention turns back to the battle, and you watch the Arbok dive for the girl, swiftly interrupted by Guts' superb aim, the Rock Throw smacking the snake right in the skull. The girl moves quickly, racing over to hide behind you, and Guts curls up defensively as Arbok swings its glowing tail, the sound of Iron striking stone causing Guts to cry out slightly. Not willing to suffer that again, Guts begins his Rollout, but the serpent Pokemon goes into a spinning frenzy, using its momentum to Dig underground.
"You just don't know who you're dealing with, do you kid?" The strange man calls out to you, fists clenched in front of his face, and you notice a
strange symbol on the back of his left hand, the colour of blood. Your reaction?

Dragon 11: Apologies for the suckiness, this was the best I could do at this point without giving too much away.

Zooming towards the castle on Pidgeot back, your intentions on discovering just what in the world, or perhaps off the world, is happening inside that castle. The castle gates, however, appear shut, so Wind lands on a walkway above the gates.

"Who dares trespass on our master's domain?" You whip around to find yourself cornered, a Crobat approaching you from both sides. Your response?

Dark Fire: I look forward to seeing the pair evolve.

Racing after the little thief, you and Drought make your way through one desolate street after another, trying not to lose sight of the boy with Obsidian in his arms. Suddenly, the boy trips, and you watch, almost in slow motion, as the boy falls, Obsidian flying from his arms to slide along the concrete.

The unconscious canine comes to a stop, beneath a slender foot. A tall woman reaches down and picks him up, cradling him against her large 'chest'. She is dressed in a green one-piece outfit, stretching from what look like shoes to her chest, and you notice a
strange symbol tattooed on her chest, just above her breasts. Hair such as dark brown it looks black trails across her shoulders, and her eyes stare at you, violet pools of excitement and pleasure.

"Hmm, what have we here?" she muses softly, staring at you. "A poor lost little boy, desperately seeking what was once his again. Here, let me help you get even with this thief here." Without giving you a chance to react, she holds out her right hand, and her index finger transforms into what looks like a small lance, stabbing cleanly into the collapsed boy's skull, killing him instantly.

"Let's cut to the chase, pretty boy. I have something you want, and you have something I want. Come to the Temple of Fire, and reclaim what was yours. Ask for Lust." With a flash of red light, a Charizard appears, and the woman leaps onto its back, flying away with Obsidian under her arms. What will you do?
2x/4x Reffing System
Old 05-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #37
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Dragon 11: Apologies for the suckiness, this was the best I could do at this point without giving too much away.

Zooming towards the castle on Pidgeot back, your intentions on discovering just what in the world, or perhaps off the world, is happening inside that castle. The castle gates, however, appear shut, so Wind lands on a walkway above the gates.

"Who dares trespass on our master's domain?" You whip around to find yourself cornered, a Crobat approaching you from both sides. Your response?
They're fine, don't be so critical about your self. Also, that you for the speed.

As the duo flew in, Wind had an idea. "I think this is Cloud Island," said Wind in pokemon language. Aero, who knew enough to know what he said, replied. "Yeah. Then that must be Celestial Palace! I wonder if its also true that the God of Air lives inside. He may be able to help us out for our search, and maybe teach you somethings, no offence." Wind nodded as he landed on the walkway above the closed gate.

But they had no time to rest as an annoyed Crobat. Wind and his trainer back up, but to their back is another Crobat. "Who dares trespass on our master's domain?" Being the kind of person to choose negotiation over violence, he came up with a solution.

Aero smiled at the Crobats while giving himself the though, "I hope this works," before saying aloud, "Hello, I am Aero and this is starter pokemon, Wind. We were attacked by a Fearow and fled into an incoming cloud front. We can across this castle by mistake, but it appears we're stuck here. When we came in closer, we heard a scream and came to see if anyone was hurt. I'm sorry if I offended you or your master. May I ask who he or she is?"

FB PC
Old 05-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #38
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Quote:
In the immortal words of our very own Gary, I <3 you guys for replying so fast. And apologies for the sucky coding, I'm not used to the NewPN coding stuff yet.

Lee-san: Giving your orders, you find yourself watching Mekhet as he zooms towards the tree, confident in Guts' abilities enough to concentrate on discovering who's hiding in the tree. Mekhet's wings flap, Whirlwind-force winds flustering the tree, and causing a figure to fall from it, landing on his head.
As he rises, you see what looks to be a man in his late twenties or so, with short and spiky black hair, tight dark blue pants, a jet-black shirt, and a blue jacket with a fluffy collar. He grits his teeth, overly annoyed at Mekhet, and your eyes almost bulge out of your head when he rips the tree out of the ground, and smacks Mekhet with it, causing the Pidgeot to crumple to the ground, KO'ed.
Your attention turns back to the battle, and you watch the Arbok dive for the girl, swiftly interrupted by Guts' superb aim, the Rock Throw smacking the snake right in the skull. The girl moves quickly, racing over to hide behind you, and Guts curls up defensively as Arbok swings its glowing tail, the sound of Iron striking stone causing Guts to cry out slightly. Not willing to suffer that again, Guts begins his Rollout, but the serpent Pokemon goes into a spinning frenzy, using its momentum to Dig underground.
"You just don't know who you're dealing with, do you kid?" The strange man calls out to you, fists clenched in front of his face, and you notice a
strange symbol on the back of his left hand, the colour of blood. Your reaction?
no problem, and thank you for updating so fast as well, let's hope we can keep this pace up ;D

"Mekhet, no!!" Lee cried out as he saw the man KO his Pidgeot with the tree stump. He immediately took out a Feather Ball from his belt and returned Mekhet to it, hoping that she wasn't hurt too badly. Turning to the man, Lee said
"You damn bastard, who do you think you are? Why did you do this? Come on, explain yourself! Do you have anything to do with the Arbok attacking this girl here?"
He was also about to ask the question "Why are you freakishly strong?", but decided not to, not wanting to provoke the man to prove his strength again.
Lee then remembered Guts duking it out with the Arbok, and gave his next orders.
"Well done so far, pal..now, that snake won't be hiding for long..shake the ground with your Earthquake attack! That should make Arbok surface..afterwards, Bulk yourself Up, and then smack it with your Dynamicpunch! That should do..
Taking a protective stance before the girl, Lee turned around to her and said "Hey, do you know who this man is? And why was this Arbok attacking you? And..oh, where are my manners..my name's Lee, and what is yours?"
Old 05-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #39
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #3

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Sylar: Repost of your last update
Faced with the unknown trainer's Hitmonlee, you decide to send out Liza, your Charizard, to battle it.
Upon seeing your Pokemon, the other trainer shouts out "Ha! Who would've thought a twerp like you has got a Charizard! Anyway, you made the right choice..now, let's see what you can do with that powerful Pokemon of yours!" The man gives out orders to his Pokemon, you give out yours, and the battle finally commences.
Liza starts out by taking a deep breath, and then lets out a big Smokescreen, which quickly covers the battlefield. Afterwards, Liza is quick to act again, as her wings begin to glow brightly white, and she dashes through the thick black smoke towards Hitmonlee. The Fighting type tries its best to spot Liza, but doesn't manage to do so, and in the end is hit dead-on by the Wing Attack. Having landed a direct hit, your Charizard stops after passing the smoke field, turns around and flies upwards several feet. Planning to burn her opponent to a crisp with her Flamethrower, Liza starts focusing her Fire energy..
..when suddenly, out of the smoke, Hitmonlee arises, and performs an incredible jump which sends it dashing right towards Liza. Reaching the maximum altitude of its jump right besides Liza, Hitmonlee grins and kicks her right in the face - a perfectly executed Jump Kick. The fire that Liza had already collected in her mouth gushes out, some of it hitting Hitmonlee and burning its upper torso slightly. It is not done yet however, as it turns around in mid-air and delivers another kick into Liza's stomach, which sends her crashing towards the ground. Luckily, she gets a hold of herself 8 feet above the ground, flips backwards and lands safely on her feet. On the other side of the field, Hitmonlee safely lands on the ground too, thanks to its amazing jumping capabilities.
This round didn't go quite as well as you planned, as Liza had to take two blows, which weren't too damaging, but still - Hitmonlee proved that it can keep up with the mobility of a Charizard. Overall, both Pokemon are nearly identical in both health and energy, so this battle is far from being decided yet. (the smokescreen is nearly lifted, by the way)
From the other side of the field, the trainer, whose name you don't even know yet, casts you a challenging look. What will your next orders be?

thed3: again, sorry for the misunderstanding, I'll try my best so that it doesn't happen again. And sorry for the short reply, I guess you can get from this update what I want you to do in your next reply, so we can progress again
Trying your best to sound calm, you tell the Aggron what happened to you - but it just looks at you indifferently. Seems like due to it being a wild Pokemon, it has never come in much contact with humans, so it probably can't understand you. The Aggron turns to a Lairon standing next to it and says something to it in their speech - afterwards, it turns to you again, though this time, it doesn't look like it's got much patience left. Seems like you don't have many tries left to make it understand you..how can you tell a wild Pokemon what you want when it doesn't speak your language? Don't you have something that can do the job? What will you do next?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #40
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Dark Fire: I look forward to seeing the pair evolve.

Racing after the little thief, you and Drought make your way through one desolate street after another, trying not to lose sight of the boy with Obsidian in his arms. Suddenly, the boy trips, and you watch, almost in slow motion, as the boy falls, Obsidian flying from his arms to slide along the concrete.

The unconscious canine comes to a stop, beneath a slender foot. A tall woman reaches down and picks him up, cradling him against her large 'chest'. She is dressed in a green one-piece outfit, stretching from what look like shoes to her chest, and you notice a
strange symbol tattooed on her chest, just above her breasts. Hair such as dark brown it looks black trails across her shoulders, and her eyes stare at you, violet pools of excitement and pleasure.

"Hmm, what have we here?" she muses softly, staring at you. "A poor lost little boy, desperately seeking what was once his again. Here, let me help you get even with this thief here." Without giving you a chance to react, she holds out her right hand, and her index finger transforms into what looks like a small lance, stabbing cleanly into the collapsed boy's skull, killing him instantly.

"Let's cut to the chase, pretty boy. I have something you want, and you have something I want. Come to the Temple of Fire, and reclaim what was yours. Ask for Lust." With a flash of red light, a Charizard appears, and the woman leaps onto its back, flying away with Obsidian under her arms. What will you do?
The duo chased desperately after the thief, but were simply trying to keep him in sight. Several times Drought asked him if she could simply run off and cut him off. Rayne knew that she was more likely to cut him up, and so restrained her. Finally, after running past what seemed like hundreds of streets the boy tripped. The whole sight seemed so surreal to Rayne, as if he had got a massive head rush; everything slowed and shook for some reason. The instant Obsidian hit the floor the feeling was gone, and Rayne's mind filled once again with his sense of urgency.

"Obsidi..." Before he could even finish his call, a slender foot stopped the canine, he didn't know whether this was a good thing. The foot belonged to a women, dressed in green with an odd symbol tattooed on her chest. He didn't miss noticing her rather "large" chest. The women knelt down and picked his Houndour up. She was tall with dark brown hair and violet eyes. Rayne decided this women wasn't any average one, and ultimately realised he should be careful around her. Drought agreed, her snow white teeth were exposed in open threat. As if enjoying their hostility the women began to speak.

"Hmm, what have we here? A poor lost little boy, desperately seeking what was once his again. Here, let me help you get even with this thief here." The women mused. Rayne scrunched his face in confusion. What did she mean by 'once his'? But before he even got the chance to utter a syllable in response the women pointed a finger at the boy. The finger transformed into a small spear which she smoothly struck through the skull of the boy. Rayne didn't wince, he now knew this women was above average, and any slight weakness now could mean a similar fate for him in a future encounter. He truely felt bad for the kid, maybe letting Drought deal with him wouldn't have been as bad. He had to shake it off, he felt remorse for the thief, but he had no room or time for showing it at the moment. "Let's cut to the chase, pretty boy. I have something you want, and you have something I want. Come to the Temple of Fire, and reclaim what was yours. Ask for Lust." With that she called upon her Charizard and quickly ascended away with his pup. Drought howled in disagreement and began a Faint Attack. Too late, they were a good fifty feet in the air by now.

"You're joking." He whispered to himself. "You're joking." This time he yelled, kicking a small crate which lay beside him. He settled swiftly though at the sight of Drought's approach.

<Well? Let's go find them.> Drought screamed, her anger mingled with his thoughts so painfully that he had to cup his ears in an attempt to block out regular sound waves.

"Easy. You have to calm down, or else I can't talk to you." The Vulpix frowned, but Rayne could notice a tiny bit of tenderness return to her face. "What should we do with the boy?" He asked.

<Let the vermin eat him up.> Her fiery temper blazed through his head agian, but ebbed away quickly. The two sat side by side for a good few minutes, each engrossed in their own thoughts. Drought was thinking of Obsidian. The two had budded into best of friends since Obsidian's introduction into the crew. So deep was their friendship that Rayne was actually able to learn (only slightly) how to communicate with his unique Vulpix and more importantly control her temper. Rayne stirred, reached for his bag and pulled out a rough orange rock. On the only smooth side was engraved a bright yellow fire emblem. Drought looked up at her trainer, seemingly confused.

"If you evolved ... you'd be a more formidable opponent ... this heist wouldn't have happened had you two been larger ..." Rayne struggled, he wasn't sure this was the best way to go, especially considering Drought's past.

<I don't know. Not now. Just not now.>She replied, uncertain of her choice.

"Uhuh." He nodded, and smiled at her. "Let's go then, we probably have a long way to go. Leave the kid, someone will find him, we don't have time to return him to the police." The pair began moving out of the city. While walking past the body of the now lifeless boy, Rayne bowed his head. After a few paces he pull his hood up onto his head and continued his march toward the Temple of Fire, this time with a determination guiding his steps.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #41
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Re: Lee's group - Update #3

Quote:

Faced with the unknown trainer's Hitmonlee, you decide to send out Liza, your Charizard, to battle it.
Upon seeing your Pokemon, the other trainer shouts out "Ha! Who would've thought a twerp like you has got a Charizard! Anyway, you made the right choice..now, let's see what you can do with that powerful Pokemon of yours!" The man gives out orders to his Pokemon, you give out yours, and the battle finally commences.
Liza starts out by taking a deep breath, and then lets out a big Smokescreen, which quickly covers the battlefield. Afterwards, Liza is quick to act again, as her wings begin to glow brightly white, and she dashes through the thick black smoke towards Hitmonlee. The Fighting type tries its best to spot Liza, but doesn't manage to do so, and in the end is hit dead-on by the Wing Attack. Having landed a direct hit, your Charizard stops after passing the smoke field, turns around and flies upwards several feet. Planning to burn her opponent to a crisp with her Flamethrower, Liza starts focusing her Fire energy..
..when suddenly, out of the smoke, Hitmonlee arises, and performs an incredible jump which sends it dashing right towards Liza. Reaching the maximum altitude of its jump right besides Liza, Hitmonlee grins and kicks her right in the face - a perfectly executed Jump Kick. The fire that Liza had already collected in her mouth gushes out, some of it hitting Hitmonlee and burning its upper torso slightly. It is not done yet however, as it turns around in mid-air and delivers another kick into Liza's stomach, which sends her crashing towards the ground. Luckily, she gets a hold of herself 8 feet above the ground, flips backwards and lands safely on her feet. On the other side of the field, Hitmonlee safely lands on the ground too, thanks to its amazing jumping capabilities.
This round didn't go quite as well as you planned, as Liza had to take two blows, which weren't too damaging, but still - Hitmonlee proved that it can keep up with the mobility of a Charizard. Overall, both Pokemon are nearly identical in both health and energy, so this battle is far from being decided yet. (the smokescreen is nearly lifted, by the way)
From the other side of the field, the trainer, whose name you don't even know yet, casts you a challenging look. What will your next orders be?
Sorry about not replying before. Exams and stuff aka the excuse I've used for everything else lately. xfd

"Hmm." Joe said, almost philosophically. Although not really. Liza and the Hitmonlee seemed to be pretty much evenly matched so far, something that would have to change in Joe's favour for him to have a chance of starting his adventure. "Right, Liza, looks like you burnt a bit of it's body there, so let's concentrate your fire power on that one part. Start off with a Heat Wave to...ahem...really heat things up!" Cue comedic drums and Joe being smacked in the face. "Then, after that, let's try using a Whirlwind to knock it off it's feet, before finally, smashing it right in the face with an Iron Tail, okay?" Liza nodded, rubbing her fist after hitting Joe for the awful pun, but still ready nonetheless. Turning around to face Hitmonlee once more, Joe looked on as the battle continued in front of him.

woo, short reply. >>;
Old 05-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #42
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #3

Quote:
thed3: again, sorry for the misunderstanding, I'll try my best so that it doesn't happen again. And sorry for the short reply, I guess you can get from this update what I want you to do in your next reply, so we can progress again
Trying your best to sound calm, you tell the Aggron what happened to you - but it just looks at you indifferently. Seems like due to it being a wild Pokemon, it has never come in much contact with humans, so it probably can't understand you. The Aggron turns to a Lairon standing next to it and says something to it in their speech - afterwards, it turns to you again, though this time, it doesn't look like it's got much patience left. Seems like you don't have many tries left to make it understand you..how can you tell a wild Pokemon what you want when it doesn't speak your language? Don't you have something that can do the job? What will you do next?
No, no. The fault was mine I should have read better. But, I'll do good this time!

Seeing the Aggron's expression Thed knew that his words didn't reach the Aggron the way he thought it would. He knew the only other way to get a Pokemon to understand him was through another pokemon. But, which one? All could understand the Aggron, but who could make the Aggron understand him? Thed could tell he didn't have much time to waste since the Aggron seemed to grow more impatient by the second so he just went with his first instinct. He pressed the release button on his pokeball and a tall Blastoise stood by his side.

"Tsunami, you gotta help me tell my story to this Aggron so that it won't get angry at me. Also try to get it to help us out too, since I bet Coconut is lost without us."

Thed's Blastoise nodded his head and began to speak to the Aggron in his pokemon language. Thed hoped Tsunami would be able to help he figured both are reptilian pokemon and Tsunami would hopefully be able to subdue the Aggron if it became angry.

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
Old 05-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #43
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #4

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon note: sorry for the short- and suckiness of those, had to rush them a bit..also, I'll be gone for the next few days, so expect updates no sooner than Tuesday next week. sorry :/

Sylar:
The opposing trainers looks at you grimly, saying "Well, I gotta admit you put up quite a fight kiddo, and your Charizard seems well trained..looks like you might have a tiny chance of surviving in the forest after all. But still, this battle's far from over..heh heh, just watch!"
The next round of the battle starts, and Liza decided to heat things up a bit. Charging up a large amount of Fire energy in her mouth, she proceeds to release it, and the Heat Wave makes its way towards Hitmonlee, hitting it for a good amount of damage. The Fighting type follows up with a more defensive move, flexing and tightening up its muscles, giving up speed for more physical strength and resistance - Curse. Grinning with confidence, Hitmonlee quickly runs towards Liza - however, your Pokemon is fast to react, flapping her wings to create a vicious whirlwind blowing in her opponents direction. Hitmonlee instantly stops in its tracks, and stands firmly on the ground, toughening up against the winds. As a result, it wasn't knocked down by it, although it had to stop its attack. Liza is fast to act again, as she takes off and flies toward the Fighting type, her tail glowing white with Steel energy. Hitmonlee doesn't make an effort of avoiding the attack - instead, it stands still and raises its left foot, which in turn begins to glow white with energy - a Mega Kick attack! Liza closes in on Hitmonlee, turns around in-flight and hits it with her Iron Tail - however, at the same moment, Hitmonlee extends its left foot and kicks her in the stomach, dealing good damage. As a result of the Iron Tail, Hitmonlee is sent flying a good distance though, landing about 20 feet away from Liza.
This round went rather well for Liza - overall, she used more energy than Hitmonlee, but her two attacks took a good chunk out of her opponents health.
Hitmonlee didn't use quite as much energy - though keep in mind that it used Curse, which means that it is now a bit slower, but also possessed more physical strength.
What are your next orders?

thed3: Deciding to let your Blastoise converse with the Aggron, you send out your Water type and watch as the two rather big Pokemon talk.
The Aggron seems impressed that you posses a Pokemon as impressive as himself, and willingly listens to what Tsunami has to say.
After your Pokemon has finished, Aggron takes a few of the other cave Pokemon aside, and they seem to discuss what to do next. You grow a little impatient and hope for the best, as they finally finish and turn to you and Tsunami again. The Aggron steps up to Tsunami and looks at it, grinning. Suddenly, it points at your Blastoise, then at itself, and then pounds its two fists together. Afterwards, it points at Blastoise, then at you - and finally at the tunnel on the other side of the cave. If you understood all of tjat right, it seems like this Aggron wants a battle with Tsunami to test the worthiness of both of you and your Pokemon, and should you be victorious, it will lead you down the tunnel behind it, where you'll hopefully find a clue about Coconut's whereabouts.
Seems like you were correct about that battle thing, as the other Aggron, Lairon and Aron in the cave begin to scuttle away and stand at the sides of the cave, leaving a wide battle arena for Tsunami and Aggron.
Tsunami grins and nods at you - apparently, he likes the idea of battling such a strong foe as this Aggron. Looks like you have no choice but to fight this battle - what will you do?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #44
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
S_M: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, your interest lays elsewhere. Turning toward the main walkway leading out of Elyra Port, you begin your journey into Elyra Field where thoughts of the Forbidden Forest fill your mind.

Several minutes later, leaving Elyra Port behind, you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. You had an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, but its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach the forest, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. These are of little interest to you however, as it's the dense shadow of the Forest of Mystery to your right which has caught your eye.

Heading toward the forest, you are distracted by the angry cries of a child. Noticing a young boy standing beneath a tall tree stomping his feet and shaking his fist, you can't help but be amused.

"GET DOWN NOW!" he yells, his rage causing his face to turn a startling shade of red. "Get out of this tree or I'll not give you any SUPPER!"

Taking a closer look, you see a rather distressed Persian laying on a tree branch at least twenty metres from the ground. Judging from the expression on its face, the boy isn't responsible for the look of panic in its eyes, but you're sure the child isn't aware of that as his anger appears to have caused him to overlook the fact his kitty isn't simply playing a game of 'catch me if you can'. Whatever is going on here, its more than meets the eye...
Watching with amusement as the boy screams at the Persian, spewing threats to try to coax the cat to come back down, Stephen can't help but smile a bit. However, as he looks up at the Persian, he notices the expression on the Pokemon's face, a look of panic etched on his face.

Pondering what he should do, if anything, to intervene, Stephen stares upward, ultimately deciding that he should do something to help the distressed cat out. While Stephen isn't sure what sort of consequences he will face from his actions, he decides that they can't be all that bad, and could possibly even end up benefiting him in some way.

Pulling out a Pokeball, he tosses it onto the ground. The crimson and white orb bursts open, an indefinite mass of white, glowing energy materializing in midair before shaping into the form of an elegant water dragon and fading, revealing Stephen's Dragonair.

"Ok, Dragonair," he says, "I want you to fly up there and bring the Persian down. If it gives you any trouble, I want you to Leer it and then Wrap around it, ok?"

The Dragonair stares for a few seconds with a confused look on its face, but eventually makes a shrugging gesture and flies upward to carry out its commands.

Stephen suddenly thinks of something, and turns to the boy. "Hey, I hope you don't mind me helping out, I don't mean to intrude or anything, but I'm just trying to help out your Persian," he says, nodding, "it's not going to get hurt or anything, but yeah."
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
Old 06-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #45
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #4

Quote:
thed3: Deciding to let your Blastoise converse with the Aggron, you send out your Water type and watch as the two rather big Pokemon talk.
The Aggron seems impressed that you posses a Pokemon as impressive as himself, and willingly listens to what Tsunami has to say.
After your Pokemon has finished, Aggron takes a few of the other cave Pokemon aside, and they seem to discuss what to do next. You grow a little impatient and hope for the best, as they finally finish and turn to you and Tsunami again. The Aggron steps up to Tsunami and looks at it, grinning. Suddenly, it points at your Blastoise, then at itself, and then pounds its two fists together. Afterwards, it points at Blastoise, then at you - and finally at the tunnel on the other side of the cave. If you understood all of tjat right, it seems like this Aggron wants a battle with Tsunami to test the worthiness of both of you and your Pokemon, and should you be victorious, it will lead you down the tunnel behind it, where you'll hopefully find a clue about Coconut's whereabouts.
Seems like you were correct about that battle thing, as the other Aggron, Lairon and Aron in the cave begin to scuttle away and stand at the sides of the cave, leaving a wide battle arena for Tsunami and Aggron.
Tsunami grins and nods at you - apparently, he likes the idea of battling such a strong foe as this Aggron. Looks like you have no choice but to fight this battle - what will you do?
The Aggron continuously pounded it's massive chest and pointed towards Tsunami and him. The other steel pokemon moved off to the sides of the cave and by the look of Tsunami's grin Thed could tell that the Agrron wanted to battle. Thed could only sigh as he really wanted to hurry and find Coconut, but if this was the only way to gain the Aggron's help then he had to do what he had to do. Tsunami peered over to Thed waiting for a reply.

"Alright buddy I know you wanna battle. But, remember we're doing this to try and find Coconut. So let's concentrate and do our best." Thed then gave Tsunami a shaka as he walked off the side of the cave to get out of the way.

The two titan pokemon looked at each other relishing the idea of a battle.

"Tsunami start off with a Water Gun right in it's face. Right after send out a barrage of wide-spread bubbles with your Bubble attack to distract it. If the Aggron comes in close for a physical attack let's try and Counter it away. But, if it stays far off then Ice Beam it's body to help chill it out."

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
Old 06-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #46
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #5

The opposing trainers looks at you grimly, saying "Well, I gotta admit you put up quite a fight kiddo, and your Charizard seems well trained..looks like you might have a tiny chance of surviving in the forest after all. But still, this battle's far from over..heh heh, just watch!"
The next round of the battle starts, and Liza decided to heat things up a bit. Charging up a large amount of Fire energy in her mouth, she proceeds to release it, and the Heat Wave makes its way towards Hitmonlee, hitting it for a good amount of damage. The Fighting type follows up with a more defensive move, flexing and tightening up its muscles, giving up speed for more physical strength and resistance - Curse. Grinning with confidence, Hitmonlee quickly runs towards Liza - however, your Pokemon is fast to react, flapping her wings to create a vicious whirlwind blowing in her opponents direction. Hitmonlee instantly stops in its tracks, and stands firmly on the ground, toughening up against the winds. As a result, it wasn't knocked down by it, although it had to stop its attack. Liza is fast to act again, as she takes off and flies toward the Fighting type, her tail glowing white with Steel energy. Hitmonlee doesn't make an effort of avoiding the attack - instead, it stands still and raises its left foot, which in turn begins to glow white with energy - a Mega Kick attack! Liza closes in on Hitmonlee, turns around in-flight and hits it with her Iron Tail - however, at the same moment, Hitmonlee extends its left foot and kicks her in the stomach, dealing good damage. As a result of the Iron Tail, Hitmonlee is sent flying a good distance though, landing about 20 feet away from Liza.
This round went rather well for Liza - overall, she used more energy than Hitmonlee, but her two attacks took a good chunk out of her opponents health.
Hitmonlee didn't use quite as much energy - though keep in mind that it used Curse, which means that it is now a bit slower, but also possesses more physical strength.
What are your next orders?

thed3:
Knowing that Coconut's safety probably depends on your victory in this battle, you place your trust in Tsunami, and he is willing to give it his all.
After issuing your first orders, the battle between the two bulky Pokemon is on - and your Blastoise is first to act, shooting a Water Gun right at Aggron. Surprised by such a fast start, Aggron is unable to dodge, and takes the full force of the attack. Pleased with his success, Tsunami doesn't waste any time and readies his next attack - though this time, Aggron is prepared, and emits a high-pitched Metal Sound. You're forced to cover your ears at this horrible tone, and so is Tsunami; thrown off guard, it can't go on with his planned attack. Aggron sees his chance and charges right at Tsunami with a surprising pace. Your Blastoise, though still shaken by the Metal Sound, remembers your orders and tries its best to Counter the Steel type's attack - but to no avail, the Take Down attack hits, and Tsunami takes a big blow. Content with itself, Aggron lets out a victorious roar, and the other Aron, Lairon and Aggron in the cave join in. But it's still too early for them to celebrate, as Tsunami gets back up to his feet again - this battle is not over yet. Both Pokemon have taken a good hit and used some energy, so this fight could still go either way. What are your next orders?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #47
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

S_M: Deciding to aide both the boy and his Persian, you release Dragonair, sending him into the treetop to bring the distressed cat down. Assuring the young boy that you're only helping, he looks up at you nods, commenting, "Stupid Saria won't do what I tell her".

It's obvious from the scowl on the boy's face that he isn't used to not getting his own way, and that his own Pokémon disobeying him has really angered him. Suddenly wondering if helping to put the already distressed Persian back into his spoiled hands is a wise move after all, you're soon distracted when Dragonair returns to you, looking worried.

Persian is still in the tree, and Dragonair floats back up to the branch it is laying on, appearing to struggle pulling something off from the upset kitty. A moment later he descends, gently dropping a piece of sticky goo into your hand. Immediately recognising the substance as that more commonly known as "String Shot", you look up again only to notice something that makes your stomach churn slightly. Walking out onto the tree limb is a very large Ariados, it's toxic pincers dripping poison as it heads closer to Persian, seemingly ready to feed...

Xander: After hearing your encouragement, Kecleon regains his feet, nodding obediently and turning to Spearow with a more focused and determined expression. Spearow isn't about to allow Kecleon to make the first move, and once again flies in prepared to ram Kecleon back to the ground. Kecleon is too quick though, Faint Attacking out of harm's way only to reappear a moment later and unleash a Thunder Wave. Small tendrils of electricity surge toward Spearow who narrowly avoids being completely entwined by them due its lightning fast reflexes, but it does take a paralyzing blow to its left wing. Unable to remain airborne, Spearow takes a dive, dropping out of the sky frighteningly fast, the frantic flapping of its good right wing the only thing stopping it from hitting the ground full force.

Coming to a rather ungraceful landing, Spearow skids in the dirt before coming to a halt with a pained cry. Kecleon doesn't waste a second, rushing in and swiping Spearow with a Scratch to its injured wing. Its wing still paralyzed, Spearow doesn't feel the blow, but is quick to retaliate by Pecking Kecleon on the arm resulting in Kecleon's type changing from Normal to Flying...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #48
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress

S_M: Deciding to aide both the boy and his Persian, you release Dragonair, sending him into the treetop to bring the distressed cat down. Assuring the young boy that you're only helping, he looks up at you nods, commenting, "Stupid Saria won't do what I tell her".

It's obvious from the scowl on the boy's face that he isn't used to not getting his own way, and that his own Pokémon disobeying him has really angered him. Suddenly wondering if helping to put the already distressed Persian back into his spoiled hands is a wise move after all, you're soon distracted when Dragonair returns to you, looking worried.

Persian is still in the tree, and Dragonair floats back up to the branch it is laying on, appearing to struggle pulling something off from the upset kitty. A moment later he descends, gently dropping a piece of sticky goo into your hand. Immediately recognising the substance as that more commonly known as "String Shot", you look up again only to notice something that makes your stomach churn slightly. Walking out onto the tree limb is a very large Ariados, it's toxic pincers dripping poison as it heads closer to Persian, seemingly ready to feed...
"Hm..." Stephen mutters to himself as the culprit behind the Persian's disobedience makes itself known. Seeing the toxins dripping from the overly sized Ariados' overly sized pincers, Stephen realizes that this will be no ordinary battle. Thinking over his choices, Stephen decides that he will have to act quickly and decisively to help the Persian. Continuing to ponder what to do, the rudimentary framework of a plan begins to form in his mind.

"Ok..." he breathes as he makes his decision. "Dragonair, I want you to use Supersonic on the Ariados, as quickly as you can. Then..."

Not quite sure what to do next, Stephen decides to go purely on instinct. "Then, use Thunder Wave. I want that thing paralyzed and dazed, it certainly will help to try to knock it out of the tree with your most powerful Slam attack."

Dragonair nods, preparing itself for the battle ahead. "If we can get it out of the tree and into open space, I'm sure that we'll have an easier time taking this thing down...and the fall damage couldn't hurt our efforts" Stephen mutters to himself, attempting to reassure himself that his plan will work.
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
Old 06-10-2007, 06:03 AM   #49
Arnold
Just call me sir

Updates my god updates =o

Dani: Stepping off of the enormous boat that brought you to the new found world of twilight you stretch your legs and arms to free them of the sea that you've been sailing for what seems weeks, as you gain your composure you smile lightly, your fingers grabbing a nicely fire etched Pokeball, enlarging it you release it into the air, as it bursts open, little embers of fire spark over the ground. Four polished black hooves stomp down to the ground singing the edges of the pavement with their power, as a beautiful mellow neigh rings through the air making the passes by turn their heads to marvel at the beautiful Rappidash that suddenly appears in their little port town. Oooos and ahhs echo as you take place on top of Amber, both of you lapping up the stares as you quickly gallop out of the port.

As you exit the port onto Elyra Field a huge smile appears on both your faces, that crisp clean air of this new world hitting you heavy and wonderfully as you stop and take a second to appreciate the view of new adventures, new people and new pokemon that await you.

Holding on tight to Amber she bucks her legs up into the air a big neigh bellowing from her as you click your heels on her making her instantly gallop at full speed, your destination a fair way away but on amber, it could be instantly, as you start you ride onward you hear something from behind you, not making amber slow down you just turn your head to see a bright blue bolt streak past you, turning your head quick enough you see a blue flamed Ponyta out run Amber who's going her fastest, seeing a rider turn around to look at you, you stare back in disbelief as he shouts out "Faster Sapphire their catching up." Watching him click his heels on his Ponyta you turn around again to see something you thought you'd never see in such a bright town, three shadowy figures , two riding on what seem to be dark Tauros and one in the front on a dark looking Dodrio, standing up on it with a bow and arrow in his hand facing right towards you and the boy in front, who he's aiming at you have no idea but all is answered when a dark bolt of lightning streaks towards you, watching it trail along it hits the boy smack in the shoulder making him fly right off his Ponyta and tumbling for what seems a fair good length on the ground and the bag that he was holding flying towards the opposite side as it flies into a nearby tree, the Ponyta noticing turns back and gallops towards the boy and stands in front of him to protect him from what is chasing you all.

As you turn back around the two shadowy figures seem to be hot on your tail s the leader on the Dodrio seems to be going towards where the bag dropped, as you rush past the boy you have to decide weather to help him or not, what shall you do?

Inferno: As you leave the ship, a loud chirp echoes over the oceans you were just a part of, turning your head you look out to see Swellow enjoying the nice flight nearby the ship and his new freedom after being in it's Pokeball for a while, as you watch on you see him do a little cartwheel in the air before he plants himself next to you awaiting your plan on what to do next. Having a quick look at your new map you notice one thing and one thing only, a volcano, what better place to go then the one thing you love and Swellow nodding in agreement, with everyone in agreement you take your bag and head on through the port into the new fields of Elyra.

Stepping onto the crunchy green grass your first steps into something new and big are right around the corner as you and Swellow take a nice walk through the fields, the Pokemon around you fluttering and flying as you see all the mother and father Pokemon attending to their babies, and people greeting you along the way until after what seems hours you see the Large Volcanic Mountain emerging through the ashy fog, starting from the bottom you gradually eye up the magnificent sight in front of you before starting on a new journey for new friends and maybe even f*BOOM*.As you trail through thought a huge explosion bellows from the top of the volcano, having no clue what's going on you get ready to pack your bags and run the volcano isn't supposed to be active or so said the guide book anyway, as you and Swellow take off you hear another massive Explosion, with your eyes gazed at the peak of the mountain you see the impacting explosion and what seems to be something flying into the air, eyes locked onto the object you trail it with your eyes, up, up, up, arching, arching, arching, coming down, coming down, right near you, you best bloody run boy it's coming right for you. Locked in place you have no idea what to do when Swellow leaps over to you and picks you up as not long after *BOOOOOOOOM*.

After what seems minutes you take a look around you, smoke and rocks scatter you everywhere, shaking off the little scare you just had you have a look around and in the place you were standing not just 2 minutes ago you see a huge crater in the earth, in the middle a huge shiny object that seems to be sparking electricity, wondering what to do you take a look around for something to poke the object with, or at least pull it out of the crater when you start hearing "Damnit, Byjove Damnit all this work gone gone bloody gone," Did the thing just talk? Yes it did, looking down you see the object start stirring, moving as it slowly climbs itself out of the crater beside you, a look of bewilderment hits your face, there's a metallic Nidoking in front of you that seems to speak English.

Having no clue what to do you just stare at it in amazement as it turns towards you, "Oh sorry old Chap, I didn't see you...why do you have that look on your face my Good man? Ohhh, the suit?" Watching the arms of the Nidoking rise up and lift it's head off of it's shoulders you see the face of a grey haired old man looking at you with a pretty mad face on him, "Sorry about the fright there boy, Professor Happo at your service and what a mighty fine Swelow you have their my old bean, hmm thinking about it maybe you can help me out? I was on the top of the mountain testing out my new Mechking4000 that is supposed to withstand the heats of any volcano it can go in, but when I was just about to start up the machine out of the volcano appeared some kind of Pokemon I have never laid my eyes upon, on each arm was some sort of bazooka that fired intense heated fireballs at my creation, which as you can see resulted into a big dent in the ground, but while I was crashing down my equipment was left on top of the volcano and to do some needed adjustments to this thing I will need them as quickly as possible if you could travel up to the top for me and collect my goods for me? I'll reward you greatly, maybe even test out the Mechking 4000 when I'm finished, oh and if you do accept the deal, please watch out for whatever the heck that Pokemon was it was something that not even my eyes have seen before." And with that what will you do?
Old 06-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #50
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Sorry bout the wait fella's. Been doing some major coursework for my job and stressing over it continously. Just taking a break from the stressing before I start again =/

Jonouchi ~ Your Marshtomp being the valiant pokemon that it is quickly makes the decision to save the poor drowning Skitty and you have no choice but to agree. Kaio dives into the water and begins to swim towards the panicking kitty that has yet to notice him. As Kaio swims in front of Skitty the cat becomes even more afraid but a quick reassuring glance from the Marshtomp has the kitty looking more confused than afraid.

Kaio quickly sets to work on his attack plan and begins to gather some sticky mud in his mouth rolling in into a ball, coughing a little at the bitter taste. Corphish gets into range, noticing a little barrier to its target turns its glare to Kaio opening its claws wide to attack. Kaoi takes the opportunity to strike first and spits out the ball of mud that shoots across the surface of the water hitting Corphish head on pushing it back a decent ways startling the lobster pokemon.

Moving hastily Kaio gathers Skitty on his back, who squeals with surprise, and swims speedily through the water towards the dock. Just as he's about to reach the dock to allow Skitty up to her trainer he feels a claw grip onto his back fin and tighten in a Vicegrip. Kaio cries out in pain as his sensitive fin is crushed under the strong grip of the Corphish that had amazingly managed to recover and using pure anger to fuel its speed, caught up with the pair of pokemon. Skitty cries in fright and grips on tight to Kaio's neck as the Marshtomp looks over his shoulder at the Corphish only to receive a barrage of Bubbles slamming into his face, Corphish still not relinquishing its grip. It holds out a claw towards the Skitty hoping to ensnare the cat.

Meanwhile the young girl and her father had watched your actions with interest.

"Please help my Hannah," the girl says to you her eyes shining with unshed tears, a glimmer of hope beneath. Turning to Kaio she shouts "Come on Marshtomp you can beat that mean Corphish, please keep fighting."

Yami Ron ~ Np hon ^-^

Looking at the two job offers at Jacob's and Sons you decide to delve a little deeper into the details of the second one, the one that asks you to capture a pokemon in the Avian Fields. Walking over to the back entrance of the warehouse you look around for anyone that could help you. You notice a few pokemon milling around with boxes and even spot a Makuhita driving a small forklift truck picking up some of the larger crates. Daring to move further inside you walk into the brightly light warehouse and find yourself in the storage area. A couple of Meditite holding clip boards spot you and one of the shouts over its shoulder before continuing to check off items. A tall man in his late 30's walks from behind one of the stacks and approaches you with a wary look in his eyes.

"Can I help you young man?" he asks politely keeping his stance a little guarded. You tell him that you're here about the job on the notice board and the man smiles at you relaxing a little.

"Ah of course, which job in particular were you interested in, there were two posted right?" he asked. Telling him that the second one interested you see the man's smile widen.

"Superb, that will make the boss happy. My name is Gilbert by the way and the man you want to speak to is Mr. Jacob. He's upstairs in his office. Just head over to that steel door over there and take the stairs behind them up 3 flights and then it's the door at the end of the corridor, be careful of Bob the Makuhita along your way, he's a little inexperienced with the forklift, has knocked into a few things today," he says as he heads back to where he came from. You follow Gilbert's instructions keeping a watchful eye out for Bob noticing him backing towards a crate nearly crushing the irate Grumpig directing him.

Making your way up the stairs quickly you follow the corridor at the top and find a wooden door with the words "Mr. Jeffrey Jabob, CEO" You knock on the door and here a loud "Come in" yelled through the door. Pushing open the door you see a man in his late 50's at a wooden desk typing away furiously on his computer. He stops to look at you and frowns.

"May I help you young man, I've not seen you around here before are you a new face?" he asks and you tell him that you're here for the job offer and after informing him you were interested in the one concerning the pokemon in the Avian Field Mr. Jacob leaps out his chair with excitement startling you a little.

"Well come in lad, come in take a seat," he says as he offers you some coffee or tea pouring a cup for himself. You ask to know more of what the job will entail and after taking a sip of his tea he leans back in his chair rubbing his chin in thought the grey stubble there making scratching noises under his fingers.

"First I must say I am very glad that someone is willing to hear this job out, well to me it's more like a personal quest." Standing up he moves over to the corner of the room where he grabs some brown pellets from a jar and sits back down giving a short low whistle. A small and old looking Natu hopped from a hidden corner of the room and sat on his wrist and happily at the bird food there.

"I love bird pokemon, there's something so beautiful and graceful about their nature that simply soothes the soul," he says with a small smile gracing his lips. "Me and my wife Bethany grew up with a love for them that only grew larger everyday we were together. We formed many friendships with many different bird pokemon in our lifetime, a lot of them have been released now, some passed on, only Meredith is left, our Natu," he says patting the small Natu on her head, the bird chirping happily. "Bethany is gone too, God rest her soul," he said with remorse lacing his voice, "she left this world before she achieved her dream. Her favorite bird pokemon is quite rare and she went through life searching for one but with no luck. The job my request is for a willing young trainer to search out this pokemon and capture it so that I may fulfill her dream for her. Meredith and I are getting little too old for the travel battling involved and my health isn't what it used to be."

You ask him what pokemon he meant and he looks up at you with a small smile. "A Farfetch'd my lad; it reminded me of my Beth, a mischievous fun loving spirit but with caring protective soul beneath. We moved to the Twilight Realm 5 years ago for my business and I never had the chance to search the Avian Fields with her, I was always too busy. I'll always regret that," he said sighing. "I have heard people saying that they had sighted a few Farfetch'd there once or twice before and I only wished I had made the time to take her there."

"You seem like a very capable young man and with such unique pokemon," he says, a positive comment on your shiny Sneasel, "I believe you'd be able to fulfill this dream for me. What do you say?"
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records