UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
ChampofPokemon
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 162
Has anyone on this site been in trouble with the Police?

Not really for me.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
McSweeney
Soul Badge
 
McSweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 1,458
I once went to court to fight a traffic ticket. I was surprised to hear the cops refer to the Justice of the Peace (low level judge in traffic court) as "your worship." I thought that was rather excessive. I couldn't bring myself to say it and just stuck to "your honour" (which is supposed to be a title reserved for higher level judges).
__________________


Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #3
ChampofPokemon
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeney View Post
I once went to court to fight a traffic ticket. I was surprised to hear the cops refer to the Justice of the Peace (low level judge in traffic court) as "your worship." I thought that was rather excessive. I couldn't bring myself to say it and just stuck to "your honour" (which is supposed to be a title reserved for higher level judges).
cops are stupid sometimes.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #4
McSweeney
Soul Badge
 
McSweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 1,458
The cops were right, though, that IS what you're supposed to call a Justice of the Peace. But like I said, I just couldn't bring myself to say it! I think you're a cool guy and all, judge, but I don't know if I WORSHIP you. I imagine that the vast majority of people who appear before a JP call them "your honour" because that's what they hear on TV, so the JPs are used to it and don't get offended. In fact, if anything, they're being called by a higher title than what they actually are.
__________________


Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
ChampofPokemon
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeney View Post
The cops were right, though, that IS what you're supposed to call a Justice of the Peace. But like I said, I just couldn't bring myself to say it! I think you're a cool guy and all, judge, but I don't know if I WORSHIP you. I imagine that the vast majority of people who appear before a JP call them "your honour" because that's what they hear on TV, so the JPs are used to it and don't get offended. In fact, if anything, they're being called by a higher title than what they actually are.
Exactly.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,830
I've gotten a 5-star wanted rating on GTA V
__________________
PASBL
TL4/B Ref
WF Updater
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:59 AM   #7
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,385
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko View Post
I've gotten a 5-star wanted rating on GTA V
Ayyyyyy lmao
Emi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:41 AM   #8
ChampofPokemon
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko View Post
I've gotten a 5-star wanted rating on GTA V
lol xd
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.