UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

How much $$$ for "nostalgia"?

Naturally when I got my Saturn last year the first game I wanted to have was Shining Force 3. But it's always so expensive! $90 - $100+ is the usual price I find on it. Used no less! Not new! Though it does come with the case and manual. In a world where I refuse to pay $60 for games~would I be a hypocrite to pick this up? SF3 has rarity and the fact that it actually is a good game on its side but still!

Now what about them many old games on the current systems "virtual" consoles? Some are remakes, some direct rom dumps and others just slightly updated. You don't even get to physically own them and sometimes the prices can be questionable. Are those worth it? I know I'd have a hard time deciding on wether or not to pay up for those.... and they're nowhere near $100!

I guess everyone decides value for themselves... so like what's your thoughts on buying "ancient" games for high prices?
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
ajnrules
Boulder Badge

Re: How much $$$ for "nostalgia"?

I don't have anything wrong with that, because when I want something there's nothing that's going to stop me from getting it. Recently I've been importing old N64 games from Japan, and some of them have been quite expensive. I paid $60 for Perfect Dark, and then spent $25 on GoldenEye. But hey, those are pretty rare in Japan.

This even applies to non-ancient games. I willingly paid $70 for a Japanese copy of Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. XD

So yeah, if I were you, I'd get Shining Force 3 without thinking. but this thread is a month old so I guess you made a decision for yourself already.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Ya I kinda decided not to for now anyway. I'd really like it but something tells me I would feel bad about paying that much later. I to go for what I want but so far nothings been even close to this price range. Do you actually play the games or just collect them?
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #4
ajnrules
Boulder Badge

I play the games. I got to City in the Sky in the Japanese TP, but the file got erased so I've been loath to start over.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games