UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 07-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #5251
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Pretty sure someone there would find our loli/rape jokes creepy, even if they're obviously intended to be jokes.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #5252
deoxys
Fog Badge

SomethingAwful feels too stuck up and snooty for my tastes, but that's a personal opinion.

I'm using Skype more frequently, anyone want to exchange info for the hell of it?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #5253
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Thinking I may possibly be a victim of someone leeching off of my PhotoBucket account. Will find out come July 8th when the account's quota is refreshed.

Spoiler: show
A little under one week ago, I was notified by PhotoBucket, for the first time ever, that my account was nearing its quota for monthly bandwidth usage. I'd never seen that message before June 2013. Went to check and it said I had use up some 8.x gigabytes of bandwidth of the allotted 10. Had no idea as to the cause but chalked it up to possibly you guys loading up the Meina no Fukurou sample pages quite a lot and them being larger than my usual stuff, or something. *shrug, no idea* Well, in a little under one week, an additional gigabyte of bandwidth has been consumed by some unseen forces, so my account's now closed off by PhotoBucket until July 8th, when the cycle should reset.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sucks that right when I had a lot of Rozen Maiden pictures I wanted to show you guys that this had to happen. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of the cause. Obviously something very fishy will be going on if, for example, it claims that a gigabyte has been consumed in just a matter of days once the new cycle begins. There's no reason for that to be the case. UPN isn't that hammered by spybots and I hardly ever use my PhotoBucket account anywhere else.

Anyway, we'll see. It could just be a scam on PhotoBucket's part meant to pressure free users into paying $2.99 a month for an account. To which I say "fuck you" since it hasn't even been three months since they forced an obnoxious advertisement-heavy site redesign on everyone and made it so that when you directly link people to your images it instead now takes them to the photo album. (Even the ~original tag placed at the end of URLs no longer seems to work.)

Update: Yesterday, my account said I'd used "101%" of my bandwidth and reported it as "10.1 GB". Less than twenty-four hours later, it's now saying that I've used 103% of my bandwidth, and 10.3 GB. That's approximately 200 MB in just one day. Even with all of the pictures shut off for the public. So ... yeah. Either UPNers are loading 200 megs' worth of my pictures every day (unlikely), bots are (still unlikely), someone malicious is (maybe), or PhotoBucket is scheming to get me to upgrade (also maybe). Anyway, 200 MB a day times 31 days = 6,200 MB or 6.05 GB. So if we assume that the 200 MB a day thing is normal for my account (which still seems rather nuts to me), then I should be fine come July 8. If not, and I hit 10 gigs again before the month's even out, then something's definitely going on.
Friday night, the account hit 101%.
Saturday morning, 103%.
Sunday night, it's just hit 107%.

So I'm not really sure what's going on, but if the numbers are to be trusted, then people are trying to access my account for about 300 megs a day. That's a lot of bandwidth. Comes out to around 8.78 gigs a month, in fact. Which is not only more than enough to trigger a new warning (given it was in the upper 8.x range when I first got the warning in the last week of June) but is probably not going to be the final figure come the end of the month. 'Cause if it's 300 megs per day without anyone even having any reason to load the account's pictures, then I can only imagine how big it's going to get when the pictures actually do go back up.

Well ... I'll just have to wait and see. Not much I can do about it if it's a malicious attack or if it's PhotoBucket lying & trying to coerce me into signing up for a paid account. Account should reset for the month some time tomorrow, so I guess I can find out more then.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #5254
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

New shows!

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou
The first episode of this was okay. The concept is nice, but this show could easily go into 11Eyes territory. I'll stick with this to see where this goes. Even if it turns out bad, the main girl is voiced by Rorona, so atleast I'll have something nice to listen to!

Kiniro Mosaic
ENGRISH! OH HOLY GOD SO MUCH ENGRISH! The first episode took place in England, so yeah....I wanted to turn the sound off. Other than that, the only real value in this show is how cute it is. The rest of it is awkward British/Japanese comparisons. Also it's funny how the foreign girls are shorter than everyone.

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou
The concept of this show is really nice. Good budget too. Sadly the "comedy" in this show is horrible. All of it revolves around the main guy flipping the fuck out over everything and the main girl trying to "kill" him with scissors. Not exactly funny. I mostly like this for the serious scenes sadly, when this is supposed to be a comedy. I'll continue watching. I have no hopes for the comedy, but otherwise this show could be good.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #5255
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Fantasista Doll: Just watched the first episode of this. It's something I'd recommend to the magical girl duo of Doppel and bbb. The show strikes me as this peculiar 50-20-30 three-way split between:
  1. Yu-Gi-Oh! (50%)
  2. Rozen Maiden (20%)
  3. magical girl series like Cardcaptor Sakura (30%)
The basic premise (summarizing Episode 01, so don't read if you plan to watch it already) ...

... is that this one middle school girl, Uzume, was really good at competitive card games as a child but retired from the sport for unspecified reasons. Someone plants a Fantasista Doll device inside of her bag while she's on the subway, which eventually leads to an attack on her person by some stranger who seems to want to retrieve the dolls contained inside the device for herself. Well, Uzume is frightened and ends up registering an account with the Fantasista Doll device (as it offers to protect her if she does), and out comes the leader of the deck of cards in the device, a blonde-haired girl named Sasara. After Sasara protects Uzume from her attacker and her attacker retreats, Uzume heads back home and meets the other four dolls in her deck. The dolls are unimpressed with Uzume in some respects (like her childish requests of the dolls) but are very touched in others (like her thanking them for saving her life, something they say no master of theirs before has ever done). The episode concludes with Uzume being contacted by the Tuxedo Kamen of this series, a man Sasara dubs Lord Rafflesia.

The basic, basic premise, thus, is that this magical girl finds herself in possession of a cell-phone like device which contains a deck of "cards" which are in turn used to summon combat maidens.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed by this first episode -- I really wasn't expecting it to be a PreCure-esque series -- but it's indeed for that very reason that I'm recommending you guys check it out.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #5256
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'll look into it at least.

OreGairu - this is a show from last season that was popular amongst some, and I've been quietly watching a few of the episodes because on paper it looks good. The premise is kind of obnoxious though, typical light novel setting: an eccentric guy finds himself surrounded by a few very pretty, eccentric girls. The full title of the anime though translates to something like "My romcom life is really fudged up".

The main character, Hachiman, is a loner, but unlike other romcom leads he's actually pretty content/satisfied with being a loner. He's probably closer to Houlden Caulfield in terms of intelligent contemplation, rejecting the social groups of his high school rather than desperately (and vainly) trying to fit in. It'll be interesting if the two girls in his club try to romance him, because he very clearly would be against that. He wants to live his life "as a plant" (I think this is a reference to the villain of JJBA Part IV who is famous for this quote) and wishes to be reincarnated as a bear, solitary beings who hibernate for half the year.

The two girls are OK I guess. One is voiced by Chi from Maou and is similarly well-endowed and bubbly, and for whatever reason she obviously likes the ikky Hachiman. The second one is the typical "super intelligent school idol" type with some social issues, like Haruhi I guess? Hachiman legitimately hates her and she knows it, but they work pretty well together. CV is the same as Saeki from AnH.

I'm only on Episode 4, but I hear the episodes just increase in quality from here on out. Thus far, Hachiman has helped two eccentrics, a portly chuunibyou-afflicted fellow and a moe trap. He gets to the normal people in future installments. Will continue to follow.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #5257
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Friday night, the account hit 101%.
Saturday morning, 103%.
Sunday night, it's just hit 107%.

So I'm not really sure what's going on, but if the numbers are to be trusted, then people are trying to access my account for about 300 megs a day. That's a lot of bandwidth. Comes out to around 8.78 gigs a month, in fact. Which is not only more than enough to trigger a new warning (given it was in the upper 8.x range when I first got the warning in the last week of June) but is probably not going to be the final figure come the end of the month. 'Cause if it's 300 megs per day without anyone even having any reason to load the account's pictures, then I can only imagine how big it's going to get when the pictures actually do go back up.

Well ... I'll just have to wait and see. Not much I can do about it if it's a malicious attack or if it's PhotoBucket lying & trying to coerce me into signing up for a paid account. Account should reset for the month some time tomorrow, so I guess I can find out more then.
16 hours after PhotoBucket unlocked the account, it's registering over 300 megs of bandwidth consumed already. WTF. -_-; Will probably be somewhere between 400 and 500 by tomorrow morning. Something's definitely not right. I've never ever gotten a warning before last month. Then last month I not only got my first-ever warning when I hit the upper 8.x's ... but I got my account locked in the end when I went and hit 10.0 GB. Same thing's going to happen again this month unless I can find the offending photos and (at least temporarily) delete them. Though if no photo is the perpetrator, then ... well, not much I can do other than lol no more PhotoBucket account + a lot of broken picture tags in Talon's old posts on UPN from now on.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #5258
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Did you divide your photos into albums? Set some albums to private and attempt to locate the source of the leech. Or, perhaps Google a few photos and see if someone's linking them to a high traffic website.

Someone taking your Photobucket image to a popular tumblr page could easily cause something like that.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #5259
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Did you divide your photos into albums? Set some albums to private and attempt to locate the source of the leech. Or, perhaps Google a few photos and see if someone's linking them to a high traffic website.

Someone taking your Photobucket image to a popular tumblr page could easily cause something like that.
They are divided into albums, but from what I understand, there's no point in changing things from public to private as one of two things ends up happening and I don't like the sound of either:
  1. no one can see your pictures anymore unless they first enter in a password that you give them
  2. everyone can still see your linked pictures; it's just that they can't go into your album
The former is bad because it defeats the entire purpose of having the PhotoBucket account. I want to embed images on UPN that people can click for the full-res version. I don't want people having to jump through password bullshit hoops. The latter is bad because it won't do anything to change the current problem, especially if it's the result of a malicious attack or (as you speculate) images of mine having been cross-posted on a Tumblr.

I can't identify the image traffic, i.e. which images are getting loaded the most. Only paid accounts can do that.

I can't "Google a few photos" and reasonably expect to hit the jackpot. I have thousands upon thousands of pictures on my account. It's anyone's guess as to which photos are being accessed a lot (not counting my sig, of course).
Old 07-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #5260
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I still think it's a reasonably straightforward exercise to Google a few of your album directories and see if anything recent appears. For example, album "g92" lead to some people linking to your account on GameFAQs, and another (the Elfen Lied one) found its way onto a Facebook group.

Even if UPN doesn't have a lot of webcrawlers, you can bet that GameFAQs and Facebook probably do, and all of them might be what's leeching your bandwidth. Taking down those linked images and re-uploading them using a scrambled link might lead to some relief.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #5261
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
I still think it's a reasonably straightforward exercise to Google a few of your album directories and see if anything recent appears. For example, album "g92" lead to some people linking to your account on GameFAQs, and another (the Elfen Lied one) found its way onto a Facebook group.

Even if UPN doesn't have a lot of webcrawlers, you can bet that GameFAQs and Facebook probably do, and all of them might be what's leeching your bandwidth. Taking down those linked images and re-uploading them using a scrambled link might lead to some relief.
Can you explain to me how exactly you went about doing what you did? Did you google this?
Code:
site:http://s54.photobucket.com/user/talon87/library/Elfen%20Lied
Or did you google this?
Code:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/talon87/Elfen%20Lied
Or did you google this?
Code:
talon87 photobucket elfen lied
Or did you google something else?

I'd like to find the examples you found. I'll be interested to see what exactly is being linked.

If I did delete the pictures and reupload them, would that still help me? Remember: when my account was dead over the weekend, I was still incurring 300 MB of usage daily. I'm not sure if making it so that the images point to dead space is going to help me much. But I agree that it'd be worth a shot.

And do you seriously think that a couple of Facebook user groups or GameFAQS could seriously be causing me that much bandwidth grief? O.o I mean, sure, I could see them 'causing a one-time spike in usage when they first linked my picture ... but after that? From then on? I would think that the usage would drop just the same as it would anywhere else. No?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #5262
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I did a search for ""http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/talon87/" and then an image search for '"http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/talon87/"-upnetwork.net' to weed out the UPN links. As you can see, there are numerous examples of people finding your images through Google Images and not relinking them, instead posting the direct PhotoBucket link they saw through the webcrawler.

We can't prove that these are the sources of the leeching, but it's a fair guess unless UPN's spiders are what's responsible for them.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #5263
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Does that mean I'll have to go back through and edit all of my old posts to have the new URLs? Eww. Especially because of that damn, damn edit tag. Might ask Kuno to a) make me an admin for a day or b) make someone willing to do this chore for me an admin for a day, just so I can edit the new URLs in cleanly @ no stupid edit tag.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #5264
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Save the image and delete it, and watch what happens. If it's not the problem, re-upload it with the same name. If it is, yeah you'll probably have to re-edit your posts, although I have no idea how would would prevent this in the future since it's an issue of (what I believe) GoogleImage linking UPN stuff high on its searches.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #5265
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Last night a kickstarter opened up for episode 2 of Little Witch Academia, with a target of $150,000.

It made that in seven hours.

I'd totally donate if I had a job and wasn't terrified of someone stealing my online credit information.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #5266
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Little Witch Academia Kickstarter: I worry that this is going to send a very wrong message to the industry. I worry they're going to confuse nerds' enthusiasm to participate in a first-ever personal or second-ever personal Kickstarter donation for a continuous willingness to front $10+ per episode. (As of this reply, 2,215 of the backers donated the second lowest bracket of $20 or more; only 401 backers donated the lowest bracket of $1.) I haven't really taken the pulse of the market in a long, long time, but just from my general impressions, I feel like 50% of the market purchases the occasional "complete season on DVD for $80" boxset while 50% of the market does not, content to stick to fansubs or to free legal streaming sites like CrunchyRoll or YouTube. It has to be emphasized: not even 50% of the market buys everything they watch @ $80 per season, no. Just that 50% of the market buys the occasional complete season of something for $80. If you take $80 and divide even by 13 (never mind 26 or 52 or whatever), that's less than $10 an episode. Your average American anime consumer isn't willing to spend much more than that in the long run. Not because I say so, but because the market's results speak for themselves. They tell us so. So when I see a Kickstarter like this coming from competent Japanese animation staff, I can't help but to worry a little that the Japanese think that Glorious Beikoku is going to bail them out of their anime market slump and is going to happily front $20+ per episode. Ain't gonna happen. :\

PhotoBucket Adventures: Haven't looked too much more into this at the moment, but just some quick updates. First, as of this post, I've used 592 MB or 6% of my allotted monthly bandwidth, so sayeth PhotoBucket. Second, some fun little finds from Googling my name and PhotoBucket.
  • EpicGames' forum had someone who posted, of all things, some "THE FEELS, MAN! ;_;" Clannad pictures of mine. xfd; He did so in December 2012, so pretty recently.
  • Someone on PokéBeach linked in 2010 to a picture of Parasect I uploaded. No idea why.
  • Somebody on a MLP:FiM fanfic website linked in April 2013 to my temporary MLP:FiW signature of Twilight Sparkle watching Shining Armor sleep at night.
  • Seems like a crapton of people started linking to pictures in my account in Spring 2013 (March and April mostly). I'm guessing they grabbed what they thought looked like the best images from a Google Images search.
If that all is the cause, then I guess the choice is clear: test out making the albums (or most of them, anyway) private and seeing if that helps any. Guess I can test that out right now actually and check back in tomorrow.

EDIT: Done. Please let me know whether you can see any of my pictures or not. Please try to click on some of the ones in the Rozen Maiden thread and see if you can load up their full-size counterparts or not. (Being whisked off to the full size pictures' PhotoBucket pages and seeing them there counts. What doesn't count is of course if you click it and are told the page you're trying to access is off limits.)

Last edited by Talon87; 07-09-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #5267
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
I'll look into it at least.

OreGairu - this is a show from last season that was popular amongst some, and I've been quietly watching a few of the episodes because on paper it looks good. The premise is kind of obnoxious though, typical light novel setting: an eccentric guy finds himself surrounded by a few very pretty, eccentric girls. The full title of the anime though translates to something like "My romcom life is really fudged up".

The main character, Hachiman, is a loner, but unlike other romcom leads he's actually pretty content/satisfied with being a loner. He's probably closer to Houlden Caulfield in terms of intelligent contemplation, rejecting the social groups of his high school rather than desperately (and vainly) trying to fit in. It'll be interesting if the two girls in his club try to romance him, because he very clearly would be against that. He wants to live his life "as a plant" (I think this is a reference to the villain of JJBA Part IV who is famous for this quote) and wishes to be reincarnated as a bear, solitary beings who hibernate for half the year.

The two girls are OK I guess. One is voiced by Chi from Maou and is similarly well-endowed and bubbly, and for whatever reason she obviously likes the ikky Hachiman. The second one is the typical "super intelligent school idol" type with some social issues, like Haruhi I guess? Hachiman legitimately hates her and she knows it, but they work pretty well together. CV is the same as Saeki from AnH.

I'm only on Episode 4, but I hear the episodes just increase in quality from here on out. Thus far, Hachiman has helped two eccentrics, a portly chuunibyou-afflicted fellow and a moe trap. He gets to the normal people in future installments. Will continue to follow.
I watched My RomCom SNAFU as it aired and really enjoyed it, hopefully you will too!

Also checked out Fantasista Doll and instantly got the feeling it's an anime I may have seriously wanted to watch when I was still a big fan of Sailor Moon. I've never been big on card animes, but I'm all for magical girls. Also Madeleine. Spoiler about the first episode:
Hysterical laughter at Lord Tuxedo Mask Rafflesia. He is...so very camp. I don't know what possessed writers to think guys like that are...how do you say it..."dreamy"? All for mysterious hot guys, but Tuxedo Mask(-free) 2.0 is just not it.

Next on the list is a mouthful show, a.k.a. the "Your fault I'm not popular" anime. I love the manga, so hopefully this is a good and faithful adaption.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #5268
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

New shows and all that!

Inu to Hasami
DROPPED! I watched the second episode, but good fucking god it's stupid. "I'm getting beat up by a guy who is copying my written martial arts moves!" The rest of the show is a bad manzai act. Oh well, I didn't have high hopes for this show anyway.

Ungodly Long Title
I watched the first episode of this. It's not a bad adaptation. It's a bit overdramatic, but I guess it's nice they pumped in a good budget for this show, despite the stupid OP. Other than things being overanimated, it's a good adaptation.

I'll check out Fantasista Doll and then Prism Illya when it airs (I'd rather not watch the nico rip). Anyway, a ranking of shows for me!

Love Lab > Servant X Service > Ungodly Long Title > Kakeru Taiou > Rozen Maiden > Free > Tamayura > Mosaic > Inu Hasami

Like last summer, a bunch of shows, but very few spectacular ones. Though last year had Shimashita!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #5269
deoxys
Fog Badge

I needed more new anime to watch this season, so I decided to check out Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (or Watamote for short).

It's a slice of life comedy about a girl who is a socially retarded, shy recluse, and I mean seriously socially retarded. Her goal is to, well, not be socially retarded anymore.

It's a fairly funny show and the protagonist is likable, even if strange, though that's most of her charm. Anyone who had a very awkward high school life can probably relate to her on some level. Also, she looks a lot like the child of Mokuba Kaiba and Lucifer (from Maou-sama!).

Will give the show an episode or two before I decide if I'll keep watching it or not.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #5270
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I needed more new anime to watch this season, so I decided to check out Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (or Watamote for short).

It's a slice of life comedy about a girl who is a socially retarded, shy recluse, and I mean seriously socially retarded. Her goal is to, well, not be socially retarded anymore.

It's a fairly funny show and the protagonist is likable, even if strange, though that's most of her charm. Anyone who had a very awkward high school life can probably relate to her on some level. Also, she looks a lot like the child of Mokuba Kaiba and Lucifer (from Maou-sama!).

Will give the show an episode or two before I decide if I'll keep watching it or not.
I watched the first episode.

Now, I relate faaaaaaaar too much to the main character. Even reading the manga caused "OH MY GOD DON'T REMIND ME THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING" moments. These moments became ten times worse with voice-acting involved.

"I had a real conversation with another person!"

THAT MOMENT HAS HAPPENED TO ME.

Walking to your brother's room and demanding to play games and talk with them?

YEP, BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

I never aimed to be popular. Just socially functional would have been an achievement. So I'm torn between loving this show to bits and turning it off just so I don't have to relive all those less-than-great moments of my life.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #5271
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I really didn't care for the first episode of Watamote much myself, but I didn't want to be negative about it given Kaisa's enthusiasm for the series so I just kept quiet. I'm willing to give the series at least one more episode, but it's definitely the weakest rung on the ladder right now other than Shingeki no Kyojin (which is all but officially dropped; I've just got to break the news to AK2 first ^^; ). There's too much other good stuff this season either already out or else coming out soon. Plus I'm busy playing Pokémon White 2 now. Plus I still want to re-watch or re-read this huge backlog of projects like Yoshitsune or Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the Rozen Maiden manga. So yeah, it's not going to be easy for Watamote to earn my attention. It's going to have to work harder for it and be more than "otaku and/or gloomy-looking girl tries to become socially well-adjusted girl," something I've already seen done quite a lot, including Nobuta wo Produce (gloomy-looking girl), Kimi ni Todoke (gloomy-looking girl), Densha Otoko (otaku guy), NHK ni Youkoso! (hikikomori guy), the list probably goes on.

One thing that I guess annoys me about Watamote in particular is how the protagonist doesn't just look down on others (that's not the complaint): it's that she looks down on others who are living the very life she's trying to live herself. That's what's so bothersome to me. It's like, do you really not realize that these girls who are going to the karaoke bar and going on study dates and whatnot are living the exact life that you live in your eroge & dating sims? I mean, c'mon. I'd be more okay with her condescending behavior if it was directed towards actual whores who are decked out in glittery nail polish and have blonde-dyed perms and light tans and are gabbing about going to the mall after school or something. It's the fact that her behavior is instead directed towards fairly ordinary girls who are her own goal that bugs me. It's like, are they your goal or aren't they? Do you look down upon them or don't you? Do you want to become like that or do you not? MAKE UP YOUR MIND! -_-;
Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #5272
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'd more say she's just lashing out at them (in her mind) in jealousy. Atleast that's how I always saw it.

One more new show!

Fantasista Doll
So on recommendation, I decided to watch this. Honestly, I couldn't really compare it to Precure. To me, it's more like a modern CCS. Make "Sakura" older for more sex appeal, and turn all of the "Clow Cards" into a harem of girls. It's not a bad show so far. It's a bit stupid, but not bad. I'll continue watching.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #5273
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I compared it first and foremost to CCS, did I not? I did say "PreCure-esque" at the end, but that's because to me it is that too. You and Doppel split hairs over the various magical girl series, like connoisseurs of fine wine. To me, "wine is wine" and most magical girls series are far more similar to each other than different. They all sort of lump together for me, Madoka excepted. (And I haven't seen Nanoha still, so ...)

Anyway, I do think you'd both like it a hell of a lot more than I would. I thought it was okay but I might end up dropping it, the same as I did Doki Doki PreCure after not even an entire episode. These kinda of shows just really tend not to appeal to me. Tantei Anyamaru Kiruminzuu was a very welcome exception.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #5274
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I've finally got something to watch other than SnK now that Monogatari Series: Second Season is out. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy the crap out of this series.

Episode 1 Spoilers:
First of all, incredible OP as always.

So, the series starts off telling the story of Nekomonogatari: Shiro, which I assume is a story told purely through Hanekawa's perspective. If I had heard about this before watching the episode I might have had some low expectations for it, seeing as Araragi's standpoint seems like the perfect narrative for this kind of show. However, I really enjoyed how they told the story, and it felt more inclined to her kind of character, and it had the narrative you'd expect to hear from her. I feel like the series knows their characters so well that they can make ballsy moves like this.

I really like the development to Senjougahara. Whilst she still has the fiery psycho-bitch tsundere side to her, she's a lot more caring for others. I very much liked the scene where she burst into tears for Hanekawa. I loved the interactions at Sanjougahara's house, and whilst it did shove a lot of tits and underwear in my face throughout the dialogue, I couldn't even pay attention to any of it because I was so fixated on their weird conversation about taking a shower together. Loved it

Also loved: "If you want to go to school you must defeat me first. SHAKINNN."

I liked the episode, and I like how the episode is quite different to Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. That being said, I do want some of the wackiness to become more evident. I want to see more Araragi Hachikuji 'sorry I bit my tongue' scenes. I want to see Araragi get tortured by Senjougahara. I want to see more of the fire sisters. I know this is only a first episode, but I really do hope the series goes back to being crazy and not-at-all-serious soon.

Looking forward to the next episode
Old 07-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #5275
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
16 hours after PhotoBucket unlocked the account, it's registering over 300 megs of bandwidth consumed already. WTF. -_-; Will probably be somewhere between 400 and 500 by tomorrow morning. Something's definitely not right. I've never ever gotten a warning before last month. Then last month I not only got my first-ever warning when I hit the upper 8.x's ... but I got my account locked in the end when I went and hit 10.0 GB. Same thing's going to happen again this month unless I can find the offending photos and (at least temporarily) delete them. Though if no photo is the perpetrator, then ... well, not much I can do other than lol no more PhotoBucket account + a lot of broken picture tags in Talon's old posts on UPN from now on.
In just a little under four days, the account's bandwidth is registering at 1.5 GB or 15% of the monthly allotment. 15% goes into 100% ~7 times (little less than that), 7 times the roughly 4 days it's been since the account got turned back in equals ~28 days. Conclusions:
  1. definitely on the fast track to getting the account locked again by the end of the month / the first week of August -_-;
  2. making all of the albums private doesn't appear to have helped
My next step'll probably be to go ahead and make a new account and to try and copy over anything I created directories for in the past month. (So Meina no Fukurou, Rozen Maiden 2013, that sort of thing.) Then delete the originals from the parent account. See if that solves anything. See if the new account suddenly has epic bandwidth spikage. Yuki's wondering if people are going to my Meina no Fukurou pictures. She may be right: because I'm truly one of the only people who is talking about this manga in English and so anyone who happens to Google for it is going to find my pictures in Google Images or my UPN posts in Google Web Search.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime