UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 01-09-2022, 06:16 PM   #1
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Loch Bygone Raid Battle 16: vs Palossand!

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers

Connor, Toucannon: 500 HP {Rainbow Egg (at 50% HP, consume to recover 50% HP and +1 all stats)}
lilboocorsola, Lilligant: 500 HP {Miracle Seed (+20% damage to Grass moves)}
Lil'twick, Clefairy: 500 HP {Friend Guard}
Missingno. Master, Malamar: 500 HP
Zorchic, Grovyle: 400 HP {Kebia Berry (halves damage from SE Poison once)}
Slash, Pidgeot: 500 HP {Aegis of Frost (+2 def, cannot use Status moves)}

Reinforcements arrive onto the scene and find themselves in the middle of a skirmish, with the looming sandcastle pokemon's massive shovel seemingly commanding several wild ground types to assault what they can, and as the gym's Abomasnow blows a mighty blizzard, a path is cleared for the raiders to cut through and engage the dynamaxed pokemon. The massive mound of mud seems to scoff at the arrival of the group, as it seems to visibly roll its eyes. It was expecting the vaunted knights of the realm, not some common rabble, and would seek to sweep these knaves aside and consume their souls. As the Clefairy claps his hands, he assures his companions that no harm of significant value shall befall them as the resolute Pidgeot feels dynamax energy swirl around him.

Dynamax Initiative: Slash, Pidgeot.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Wednesday, 12th January to place your order.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:22 PM   #2
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Let's start with a Toxic (0 BP).
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:27 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Terri looked around warily as she and Laugh arrived on the scene. Palossand wasn't the only Ground-type causing trouble by a long shot, though the others seemed to be under the control of said Palossand. Fortunately, the Gym's Pokémon were helping to keep things under control well enough, and the gathered Trainers were all sending out their Pokémon to take on a thoroughly unimpressed Palossand. Terri and Laugh turned to look at each other, which put a smile back on Terri's face. "You got this," the Froslass said softly.

"Thanks," Terri murmured back. She then turned to face Palossand, gripping the Lure Ball in her hand. "George, engage!" she declared, heaving the modified Blue Apricorn.

In a flash of light, the Malamar emerged, glancing warily up at the supersized sentient spooky sandcastle before him. George had not been present for the adventure that had impacted Terri so much, but he'd certainly heard all about it, as he made evident by moving almost automatically as though to protect Terri from the colossal castle. "Just say the word, Terri," the Malamar murmured, "and I'll Leaf Storm this thing into next week!"

"Thank you, George, and that'll definitely be an invaluable move to use here... but not just yet," stated Terri. "We gotta play this smart."

Laugh tilted her head slightly. "...what could be smarter than George going for Leaf Storm?" she asked quietly.

"Something that'll make sure we're all adequately prepared, not just George," Terri said with a small smile. "That Clefairy with Friend Guard over there- it got me thinking, we have a way to contribute to that as well, while still inflicting damage on the Palossand!"

"But how... oh- oh, you mean..." Laugh trailed off, her eyes widening in comprehension.

Terri nodded. "I do indeed," she confirmed.

"I will admit, that would be smarter," nodded Laugh, though she frowned as she regarded the Palossand warily. "...I wish I could help out here," she admitted. "I don't like the idea of just floating around and doing nothing while you confront your fear of Palossand, you know?"

Terri, in response, took hold of her girlfriend's hand. "I know," she said reassuringly. "It's OK, Laugh- you being here by my side, that alone means the world to me," she smiled.

"...thank you," Laugh smiled back, squeezing Terri's hand in response.

Terri's smile widened. Were this the time or place for such things, she and Laugh might very well have turned to gaze into each other's eyes at this moment. But alas, they had this big son of a beach to contend with right now, and so such a moment would simply have to wait. And hopefully, for more reasons than just this, that moment wouldn't have to wait for too terribly long. "Ready, George?" she called out to her Malamar.

"Ready when you are!" the Malamar called back, his tone of voice suggesting he'd be wearing a confident grin if only Malamar beaks were physically capable of such things.

Terri gestured forward towards Palossand. "Use Baddy Bad!" she called out.

OOC: George used Baddy Bad (90 BP; sets up Reflect).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-10-2022 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
Connor
Flashbacker

Swords Dance (0 BP).
Old 01-10-2022, 10:30 AM   #5
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Welp, we forgot our Eviolite. We'll be fine.

Let's apply some pressure with a Moonblast (95 BP, 30% Drop to Sp. Atk).

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:38 PM   #6
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

All right Lila, you've grown and learned a lot since last time, but let's start off simple a LEECH SEED (0 BP)~
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #7
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Hurricane (110 BP, 30% chance to confuse the foe)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:52 PM   #8
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 92%

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Shockwave (-- BP)

Palossand cleared all buffs, debuffs, reset abilities and suppressed raiders' abilities!

Attack 2: Hypnosis (-- BP)

Clefairy fell asleep!

Raid Challengers

Connor, Toucannon: 500 HP {Rainbow Egg (at 50% HP, consume to recover 50% HP and +1 all stats)}
Lil'twick, Clefairy: 500 HP (Asleep){Friend Guard}
Zorchic, Grovyle: 400 HP {Kebia Berry (halves damage from SE Poison once)}
Slash, Pidgeot: 500 HP {Aegis of Frost (+2 def, cannot use Status moves)}

With the fairy protecting them from harm with his friend guard, the trainers begin by attempting to lay offensive siege to the castle, spewing poison and sapping seeds to corrode the sandy walls while the birds mount an aerial offensive, the Toucannon amplifying its attack power ready to blow holes in the living structure while the Malamar fortifies the raiders with a dreadfully named technique, shimmering reflective barrier all but nulifying the physical prowess of the sandcastle.

Palossand gives a grinding grunt of disgust. Trying to besiege the castle? They only came to reclaim the lands those strange rocks drove away from their ghostly kin, these humans are the real villains! With a bellowing roar, a vast shockwave purges the sand of the seeds and toxic poison, blowing away the raiders' buffs, before the bulwark growls, commanding one of its many tortured souls to advance, and the raid pokemon can only look on in shock as the soul takes sudden possession of Clefairy, locking the pokemon in place as the fairy type is thrust into an immobile, hypnotic trance, unable to do anything but attempt to struggle free of the soul, in a terrifying, waking sleep! Dynamax energy then bounces from one bird to the next, Toucannon feeling power within...

Dynamax Initiative: Connor, Toucannon.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, 14th January to place your order.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:57 PM   #9
Connor
Flashbacker

Swords Dance (0 BP)

I dare you.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:58 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Insanity

Alrighty Parfait it's time wake up and eat a Casteliacone! (1/20)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-12-2022, 04:00 PM   #11
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Grovyle, it's time for an Energy Ball (90 BP)!
Old 01-12-2022, 09:28 PM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

What kicked off the battle was a promising round of setup all around. A Leech Seed from the Lilligant. A Swords Dance from the Toucannon. Toxic from the Grovyle. And of course, the support of Reflect from Terri's own Malamar by way of the Baddy Bad attack. It was all leading up to a strong start from them... until Palossand flipped them all a giant middle finger in the form of a shockwave. The Leech Seed, the Reflect, the Toucannon's boosted Attack, they were gone, all gone! Terri gritted her teeth- Palossand wasn't screwing around!

"Oh, that's not good," murmured Laugh, the Froslass eyeing the Palossand warily. "And that shockwave... doesn't that also render Abilities useless for the time being?"

Terri nodded. "It does," she confirmed. "George won't be able to take advantage of Contrary just yet... not that that matters, clearly we have to set Reflect back up." She paused as she witnessed the Toucannon's Trainer stubbornly order a repeat performance of Swords Dance. It reminded her of the harrowing experience she'd watched on TV last month, Diana and Marv's coverage of the Elgyem raid battle on Saccharine Island, when a Mawile had done exactly the same thing- stubbornly repeated Swords Dance after an immediate shockwave- and how badly that went for all involved. But this still felt like a different situation to that somehow, nervous as Terri was about the Palossand. It was at that moment she felt an icy hand take hold of her own hand, the external cold not quite managing to conceal an inner warmth, and so she couldn't help but smile at her girlfriend. "Thanks," Terri murmured gratefully. "I... I really needed..."

Laugh nodded understandingly. "I know," she murmured back. Terri didn't need to say it, even if Laugh hadn't been present when the Palossand had almost eaten her. That whole day had been harrowing for the both of them, but now they had each other. Terri had insisted on taking on the Doublade alone, but this time, Laugh was here for moral support, and Terri found it to be most welcome indeed.

Terri took a deep breath. "...right," she stated. "We have to keep moving, have to keep working on taking down Palossand."

George turned back to look at Terri. "That means I do the thing again, right?" he asked.

Terri nodded. "Precisely," she replied. "You don't have Contrary right now anyway, so that's all the more reason to go for this now instead."

"Got it," grinned the Malamar, turning back to face Palossand. He could tell good and well that his Trainer was freaked out by the supersized sentient sand castle before them, and knew it was not without good reason, so he refused to back down, refused to give so much as an inch in the rounds to come, and if that entailed ensuring they had a solid defense, who was he to argue?

Terri gestured forward towards Palossand just like last time. "Now, George, use Baddy Bad once more!" she commanded.

OOC: George used Baddy Bad (90 BP; sets up Reflect).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-17-2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:02 AM   #13
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Hmph. Let's try an INGRAIN (0 BP) then.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:26 PM   #14
Slash
Silver LO

Hurricane (110 BP,)
Old 01-15-2022, 05:04 PM   #15
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 82%

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Skill Swap (-- BP)

Palossand swapped abilities with Pidgeot!
Pidgeot gained Water Compaction!
Palossand gained Big Pecks!

Attack 2: Max Rockfall (130 BP)

Lil'twick, Clefairy: 435 HP
A sandstorm brewed!

The raiders were buffeted by the sandstorm!

Raid Challengers

Reflect (4 Turns Remaining)

Connor, Toucannon: 469 HP {Rainbow Egg (at 50% HP, consume to recover 50% HP and +1 all stats)}
Lil'twick, Clefairy: 404 HP {Friend Guard}
Missingno. Master, Malamar: 469 HP
Zorchic, Grovyle: 375 HP {Kebia Berry (halves damage from SE Poison once)}
Slash, Pidgeot: 469 HP (Skill Swap: Water Compaction){Aegis of Frost (+2 def, cannot use Status moves)}

Possessed by a tormented spirit, the trainer quickly resorts to bargaining with the lost soul: leave the poor fairy type, and you get this delicious, not exactly nutritious, Casteliacone. It is an obvious choice as the soul promptly leaves the possessed pokemon who snaps back to attention, only for the wailing spirit to drop the cone to the ground as Palossand sucks it back into its massive maw, trapping it again as the sorry confection splats helplessly onto the mud below, spoiled beyond salvage. Retaliation and preparation is swift, as Toucannon sneers, daring the sandcastle to try that shockwave nonsense again as it boosts once more, while Lilligant sinks her feet into the soil and begins to suck up the nutrients as the squid erects another reflective barrier with Baddy Bad, as the observing machine feels an air of unease from powers beyond. Two follow up strikes chip at the form of the beast, but the castle is not so easily toppled.

Palossand turns its attention to the Pidgeot, and as the bird gazes steadfast at the whirling spade atop its dynamaxed head, it realises it has made a big mistake as the building pokemon utilises otherworldly powers to swap abilities, leaving the Pidgeot feeling a bit stuffed while the towers seem to be taking on an enhanced format, impervious to defence drops. Clefairy had only just found their footing when they are slapped with a surprisingly weak boulder, mitigated greatly by the reflect, before grunting as a sandstorm kicks up from the Max Rockfall, and as the raiders feel their trademark skills return to them, the fairy type feels the surge of dynamax energy.

Dynamax Initiative: Lil'twick, Clefairy.

• You have until Tuesday, 18th January to place your order.

Last edited by Raves; 01-15-2022 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:50 PM   #16
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Alright, let's try another Toxic (0 BP)!

Last edited by Zorchic; 01-17-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2022, 06:26 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Palossand was further worn down by the few attacking moves that went its way. Not by a lot, but it was still progress, and a good deal of preparation had been done. Terri and Laugh braced themselves for the shockwave they figured was inevitable, but Palossand did nothing of the sort, instead beginning the makings of what was undoubtedly a Skill Swap attack. Terri tensed up, but to her relief, the move was not targeting George. The temporary nullification from the shockwave was one thing, but if Contrary had been not only outright stripped away from George, but actually given to their opponent...! Yeah, that wouldn't be good at all, to say the least. A quick scan via her Pokédex confirmed to Terri that Palossand had given up its Water Compaction and in return received Big Pecks, which would prevent its Defense from being lowered. Not exactly the best thing for them, but far from the worst, too.

Next, however, Palossand began to actually attack. The Clefairy was assaulted with a massive monolith in the form of Max Rockfall, but even though the impact kicked up a potent sandstorm, it didn't seem to harm Clefairy too terribly much at all. Moreover, that was the extent of Palossand's moves this time around, leaving the Sand Castle Pokémon wide open to retaliation.

"All right- time to fight back," Terri stated. "If Palossand thought our Baddy Bad was something, just wait until it gets a load of our Leaf Storm-"

"T-Terri, Terri," interrupted Laugh, floating closer, beginning to whisper into her girlfriend's ear. Terri listened intently, her eyes widening with realization a few seconds in.

"...wait, but since Leaf Storm is super effective..." began Terri.

Laugh shook her head. "It shouldn't matter, since George shares an actual type with this move- all that matters in this case is which move is stronger naturally, and if I'm not mistaken, Leaf Storm loses out in that regard."

Terri took her Pokédex back out, pressing buttons at high speeds, double checking intently to verify something. And once she saw what she needed to know, she smiled widely and pulled the Froslass by her side into a warm hug. "You know, I don't think you give yourself enough credit," she murmured. "I think you would've made an excellent Trainer."

Laugh blushed deeply as she hugged Terri back. "I wouldn't go that far," she said modestly. "I, I just know a thing or two, I really don't think I'd have been anywhere near as good as you..." she murmured.

Terri shook her head as they let go of each other. "You already proved now you know at least a little something that I didn't," she said. "A lot of Trainers start off knowing just a thing or two, and they learn as they go."

"Um... Terri?" called George. "I don't want to interrupt anything, but, umm... am I using Leaf Storm or not?" he inquired.

"It's all right, George, but no, no Leaf Storm," Terri called back with a grin. "We're going for something much more powerful instead- use Psycho Boost!" she commanded.

OOC: George used Psycho Boost (140 BP; user has Contrary)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-17-2022 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:09 AM   #18
Lil'twick
Insanity

Well, all of our teammates have tahen damage so... let's Life Dew (0 BP)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #19
Connor
Flashbacker

Time to T-pose.

Bullet Seed (25 BP * 5, Skill Link, Swords Dance)
Old 01-17-2022, 05:43 PM   #20
Slash
Silver LO

Hurricane (110 BP,)
Old 01-17-2022, 08:00 PM   #21
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Let's show it a LEAF BLADE (90 BP)! (Boosted by Miracle Seed)
Old 01-19-2022, 03:26 PM   #22
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Raid Boss Palossand
★★★★

Health gauge: 69%
Shields Up: 5
Status: Def +2, S. Def +1, Badly Poisoned, ability: Big Pecks, Sandstorm (3 Turns Remaining).

Trainer Recovery Summary

Lil'twick, Clefairy: Life Dew

Lil'twick, Clefairy: 500 HP
lilboocorsola, Lilligant: 500 HP
Slash, Pidgeot: 500 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Iron Defence (-- BP)

Palossand's defence sharply rose!

Attack 2: Max Quake (130 BP)

Lil'twick, Clefairy: 305 HP
Palossand's special defence rose!

The raiders were buffeted by the sandstorm!

Raid Challengers

Reflect (3 Turns Remaining)

Connor, Toucannon: 438 HP (Att +2){Rainbow Egg (at 50% HP, consume to recover 50% HP and +1 all stats)}
Lil'twick, Clefairy: 274 HP {Friend Guard}
Missingno. Master, Malamar: 469 HP (S. Att +2)
Zorchic, Grovyle: 350 HP {Kebia Berry (halves damage from SE Poison once)}
Slash, Pidgeot: 469 HP (Skill Swap: Water Compaction){Aegis of Frost (+2 def, cannot use Status moves)}

With tricks played, the raiders continue their offensive pressure while attempting to maintain their strength. Grovyle spits forth another noxious glob of poison which seeps into the sandcastle, and as the Clefairy sprays water around to top off its health and its allies from the meagre, measly pittance of damage taken, the rest of the squad goes all out. A Psycho Boost from Malamar slams into the castle, amplifying the squid's offensive power, while the Toucannon fires a veritable barrage of bullet seeds from its beak, peppering the pokemon before the other flying type blows a hurricane that forces the Palossand to erect shields, leaving Lilligant's leaf blade to whiff.

Disgusted by this cowardly behaviour, the sandcastle pokemon responds with the only thing it can feasibly do: bolster its defences. From within the barriers its sand takes on metallic hue, strengthening physical bulk before hitting the fairy with a Max Quake, bypassing the reflect with a special strike that it takes in stride, while the raid boss boosts its special bulk, clearly readying itself for the long haul as Grovyle feels energy flowing.

Dynamax Initiative: Zorchic, Grovyle.

• You have until Saturday, 22nd January to place your order.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:09 AM   #23
Lil'twick
Insanity

Guess we need to help with the breaks. Let's fish for a boost with Meteor Mash (90 BP, chance to increase Attack)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #24
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Grovyle, Dynamax! Use Max Overgrowth (130 BP) based on Leaf Blade (90 BP) to break some shields!
Old 01-21-2022, 02:10 PM   #25
Slash
Silver LO

Gust (40 BP)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League