UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #26
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I think bimonthly should maybe also include some kind of general reward for anyone who updates but doesn't hit 5 personally. Nothing amazing but you know. Something to make sure people consistently hit it.
A little "consolation prize" would be kinda nice, since the other discouraging factor is if I don't manage to make the minimum five then what I've done feels like it doesn't "count" for much since the slate gets wiped clean.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-11-2021 at 05:55 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #27
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Hmm, maybe candies or gummis on that front Emi? A consolation prize def would be a good incentive for peeps.

Also, some potential name changes for the current tiers: Pyukumuku's Pals, Corsola's Comrades, Finneon's Friends, etc etc

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #28
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Also, some potential name changes for the current tiers: Pyukumuku's Pals, Corsola's Comrades, Finneon's Friends, etc etc
I think we should stick with something really general/universal like GG suggested, to avoid any personal associations that could potentially run into problems down the line.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #29
Lil'twick
Insanity

Yeah, that's completely fair. I was thinking of water pokemon primarily because Fizzy Bubbles was originally a Water Pokemon RP, and it fit. Pyukumuku I def want for one of the tiers, since it is our current mascot Pokemon, but yeah we should try to avoid names/Pokemon that are heavily associated with a person as well.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-11-2021, 02:27 PM   #30
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Yeah, that's completely fair. I was thinking of water pokemon primarily because Fizzy Bubbles was originally a Water Pokemon RP, and it fit. Pyukumuku I def want for one of the tiers, since it is our current mascot Pokemon, but yeah we should try to avoid names/Pokemon that are heavily associated with a person as well.
Ah, I see. Pyuku can maybe represent the top tier then, but as much as I'd love a Corsola-themed rank I think it's best to err on the safe side. ^^;
Old 05-12-2021, 08:05 PM   #31
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

I much like the idea of having the Staff tiers being renamed either into Trainer classes ( as we do have a lot of them ) or unique creative tier names that are neutral and not heavily associated with a Pokémon OR person as... well I can see how some pokemon can be tied to some people, in both good and bad ways and I would rather not touch that at all.

Pyukumuku is the one I would spare from this as it is the mascot.

As for SO/ZU rewarding, Both should have equal access to things on the Staff ladder, but I do agree that updators should be given a nice consolation prize and more should they go above and beyond.

Basically, my thoughts on this are as such, the tier 1 rewards should be a given, while the more you update the more rewards/juicer the rewards should be.

Quote:
"We move type eggs down to 5, and add in Silver Umbra Coins to the 5 tier. 10 FC tier will have Zone Eggs added in its stead."
With this proposal, things would look like this.

For managing to at least get 1 update out You get a pretty damn nice choice to get 5 rare Candies OR an Enigma Egg OR a TM/TR PLUS a nice bonus of some form of currency ( IE. Cash additional or Yummi/Mysterious Gummi bonus of a set amount )

This allows Tier 1 one to be; Type Egg of choice OR Silver Umbra Along WITH a TM/TR of choice ( like two of your pick ) and or an addition of a currency such as 10 candies etc.

Allowing for Tier 2 rewards to be nice and juicy for that hard work put in like Zone Eggs and whatever else that could be proposed along with the option.

This way I feel that you get some nice rewards that are defs worth the effort put in for managing to get a reasonable update that meets the new minimum of 200 words or more if you choose, while still rewarding for those who can / manage to do more.

Personally, as someone who had a burnout session who couldn't motivate to even get one update out, this feels pretty damn nice for gathering up the energy to attempt to get the update for your updatee out. BUT I do understand that this could be tweaked and adjusted upon to be just and fair. I just wanted to throw this out there in regards to Bi-Monthlies.

In terms of FC earnings, I feel that Shops that get Monthly Updates such as the Bank and Candy shop are good as they are with 10 FC per update, but Daily/Weekly shop updates should get a bump as well from more than 1 FC, Perhaps Daily could stay at one for things like Department updates confirming since shops that are purchase and confirm are random and could scale pretty quickly or go rather slow based on the overall activity of FB, while Weekly updates with things as the MT/Daycare getting a 2 FC per update of the said shop since they are pretty consistent and you can almost always count on them getting updated should one person use the shop.

Updating also requires a bit more of an edge, so I am fine with something along the lines of 3 FC per update and then 5 per adventure finish. This going hand in hand with the Bimonthlies proposal I made above feel like a great way to entice more updating AND reward people pretty fairly, while still acknowledging shop keepers reasonably.

AS for actual FC tier rewards....... well I've got nothing at the moment. Spare mentioning previously brought up things Such as Custom Ability patches with unique properties brought up in unique ways by both MM and Slash

These proposals would fit in with being discussed and scrutinized here along with the thread on abilities.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:32 AM   #32
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Department Store is once per calendar week that has a confirmation. It's not daily, never has been.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:27 AM   #33
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Tbh I'm of the opinion that Silver Umbras and Shiny Sprays (+ other "higher-quality" items) should be/remain a lot rarer - if not reserved for Updators only - but I might be in the minority here. At least I think they should stay at a Tier 2 Level for Bimonthlies. (Again no comment on Zone Eggs.)

Likewise, I don't think we need to increase FC gains for SOs any more, since the issue I see is with how easily their earnings stack as opposed to Updators when comparing the relative amount of work put in.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:29 PM   #34
Lil'twick
Insanity

So, since Type Eggs and Zone Eggs are meant to be alternatives of each other, they should realistically be on the same tier. Silver Umbras I feel should move down. They are a heavy motivator for people, being pretty much updater exclusive right now sans a super, super rare drop from the Cram Shop. I get people wanting something updater exclusive. Though I would prefer if something new was created it wasn't a tangible item. Whenever new items are added I do need to insert it into Cram.

As for the consolation prize, I feel like it needs to be at least 3 updates minimum. People shouldn't have to wait a year or so to complete a short adventure, so having at least a little bit of motivation to hit that criteria should be required. If it was 1 or 2, people would only get an update about once or twice in a bi-monthly period, and well that isn't something we want to promote.

As for renaming the tiers... We have about 4 tiers right now. I want to propose:

Tier 2 renamed to Fizzy Office Worker
Tier 3 renamed to Fizzy Ace Trainer
Tier 4 renamed to Pyukumuku's Pal

with any tiers above that be submitted to the community for approval. Thoughts?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #35
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I think those are fine. I don't think tiers should be limited to trainer classes (let's be real, it's boring as shit) but as long as new tiers are put towards the community it should be okay.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:20 PM   #36
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Fine with the Tier name changes, as well as three Updates minimum in a Bimonthly period to qualify for the "consolation prize".

I do think Enigma Eggs should be a step below Type and/or Zone Eggs, on the regular Rewards ladder as well.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:22 PM   #37
Lil'twick
Insanity

Alright, let me compile what's been said and do some proposals. Do still want input from other active updaters before pushing things to live through, but here is what I feel will be fine for now.

For an updated ladder:

Spoiler: show
-\/- 250 Pokedollars Each Step
1 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
3 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
5 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
10 FC = $500 Pokedollars
15 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
20 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
25 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis
30 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice /
35 FC = 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 5 Rare Candies
40 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
45 FC = $750 Pokedollars
50 FC = Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin /or/ 10 Rare Candies
51 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
53 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
55 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
60 FC = $500 Pokedollars
65 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
70 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
75 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, Fossilized Bird
80 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice
85 FC = 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 5 Rare Candies
90 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
95 FC = $750 Pokedollars
100 FC = Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin /or/ 10 Rare Candies
101 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
103 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
105 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
110 FC = $500 Pokedollars
115 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
120 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
125 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, Fossilized Bird
130 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice /or/ 1 Evolution Item of Choice
135 FC = 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 5 Rare Candies
140 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Type Egg /or/ 1 Zone Egg /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
145 FC = $750 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Held Item of choice
150 FC = Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin /or/ 10 Rare Candies
151 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
153 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
155 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
160 FC = $500 Pokedollars
165 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
170 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
175 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, Fossilized Bird
180 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice /or/ 1 Evolution Item of Choice
185 FC = 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 5 Rare Candies
190 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Type Egg /or/ 1 Zone Egg /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
195 FC = $750 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Held Item of choice
200 FC = Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin /or/ 10 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Custom Item
201 FC = 1 Rare Candy /or/ 3 Yummi Gummis
203 FC =2 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Mysterious Gummi
205 FC =3 Rare Candies /or/ 3 Mysterious Gummis
210 FC = $500 Pokedollars
215 FC = 1 of the Following TMs: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, or Fast Ball
220 FC = 4 Rare Candies /or/ 1 of the Following Balls: Dream Ball, Sport Ball, or Safari Ball
225 FC = 5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ 1 of the Following Items: Fossilized Drake, Fossilized Dino, Fossilized Fish, Fossilized Bird
230 FC = 1 TM/TR of your choice /or/ 1 Evolution Item of Choice
235 FC = 1 Enigma Egg /or/ 1 Type Egg /or/ 1 Zone Egg /or/ 5 Rare Candies
240 FC = 5 Rare Candies /or/ 5 Mysterious Gummis
245 FC = $750 Pokedollars /or/ 1 Held Item of choice
250 FC = Shiny Spray /or/ Silver Umbra Coin /or/ 10 Rare Candies /or/ 1 Custom Item
-\/- 750 Pokedollars Each Step
265 FC = 20 Rare Candies
280 FC = 10 Mysterious Gummis
295 FC = 1 Z-Crystal /or/ 1 Mega Stone /or/ 1 Wishing Piece
300 FC = Custom Item / Move - You propose an item or move. If it is a custom move, also an item to learn it. Mods must approve of the effects. Be reasonable but do something cool!

Edits to the ladder so that more rewards become available as you start climbing the ladder, with full rewards starting at the 150 FC Bracket.

For Bi-Monthlies:

3 Updates: 3 Rare Candies or 2 Mysterious Gummis
5 Updates: 5 Rare Candies or 1 TM/TR or 1 Enigma Egg or 1 Silver Umbra Coin
10 Updates: 1 Heart Scale or 1 Type Egg or 1 Zone Egg or 1 Shiny Spray

Moved SUC down since it is something that would be a lot more motivating for certain updates. Type Eggs and Zone Eggs are counterparts so they need to be in the same tier. For the consolation tier, I put candies or gummis since they feel most like a consolation prize.

For Tier Names:

Tier 2 renamed to Fizzy Office Worker
Tier 3 renamed to Fizzy Ace Trainer
Tier 4 renamed to Pyukumuku's Pal

Tiers 5 and onwards, for when somebody reaches that point (1500 FC omg) the staff member will propose a name to the community and then have the community approve on it.

For FC Gains:
Candy Shop Updates 5 -> 10
Weekly Shop Updates 1 -> 2
Role Play Updates (Zone/Shop) [200 Words Minimum] 1 -> 2

Making the Candy Shop more in line with the Pokebank, since they weren't actually the same amount of FC. Increasing the FC gains overall by one, not only to encourage shop roleplay again but also to allow both shop owners and updates to help move through the ladder faster. Raid Host FC will stay at 5 since Gym Leaders already enjoy some nice other benefits.

This isn't an official proposal from the mods, this is just my collecting the thoughts of the thread and presenting my ideas. As I said, I want input from the rest of the active updaters/SOs.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-13-2021, 07:05 PM   #38
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I'd kinda prefer to see Type Eggs distributed consistently throughout the ladder so I can claim one with the extra 10 FC, but I guess it's fine.

Would like to hear thoughts from others - both staff and non-staff - as well, since obviously I can't speak for everyone. My main interest is really in finding out what would most motivate people who currently aren't Updating to give it a try.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:55 AM   #39
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Something that I think would be good to consider is to intensify the amount of Pokedollars gained per FC every tier. So something like 250 - 300 - 350 or 250 - 350 - 450. Not only do I think that might help people want to continue to progress, but I also think that it brings the money gain more in line with how we have changed replies.

In addition, increasing the Rare Candy / Mysterious Gummi / Pokedollar rewards every couple of tiers can be considered too. As it stands those are the only tiers that don't change much over the course of the ladder.

And of course, would like to reiterate that maybe having small mini-grand prizes at 100 FC and 200 FC would also be a good idea. As it stands, Shiny Sprays and Umbra Coins only have a set value for a lot of players. They're only going to use so many over the course of their time. I think it's good that they are accessible, but offering some additional diversity would also be a good idea.

100 FC Super Pass
Old 05-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #40
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I agree with Ana wrt cash up, and honestly that staging fits a +100 per stage increase perfectly, with a 250 start and 750 end.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:34 AM   #41
Lil'twick
Insanity

I think the idea to increasing cash amounts is a good idea. As it stands all tiers give you $3000 as you pass through them. If we are to increase the amounts though, it shouldn't mean you have a massive net loss once you're in the 250-300 tier.

AS for Candy/Gummy increase, I think that might be a little more controversial and want a lot more input on that.

I think adding something for 100 or 150 might work, but with all the incremental additions already I don't feel it is necessarily needed. Besides, I can't really think of anything else to add there that isn't covered somewhere else in the ladder tbch.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #42
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
100 FC Super Pass
I'd prefer this over more Candies/Cash/Gummis tbh *shot*
Old 05-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #43
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Also, slight thing: Why is it Rare Candies are always 1:1 with Mysterious Gummis except for one tier where it's 3 Yummi Gummis?
Old 05-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #44
Connor
Flashbacker

On the assumption we will definitely be implementing them, Ability Capsules strike me as something that is simultaneously desirable enough but not notably economy shifting that we could easily slot them in as the mini-grands that Emi proposed. Alternatively we could consider early Zone/Type Eggs but I'm a bit more wary of that.

I think upping the Pokedollar gain across the board will only be a good idea. Gaining money in general seems to be something that is at an awkward place right now - I know I regularly find myself triple guessing whether spending on, say, Move Tutors is worthwhile just because of how inconsistent the current gaining rate is. I actually think this could become a big incentive force for that reason specifically.

Raising the Candy/Gummi pay-out may be a little more controversial. I think it'd probably be best to make a Discord announcement linking a post specifically outlining pros and cons. Obviously it would make updating far more worthwhile, but I also have reservations that it'd inflate the bidding power of staff members too far beyond that of normal members, and while there's an argument that isn't a deal breaker I do think it could breed misgivings among people who would like to update but struggle to work it into their schedule.

Other than that I'm not sure I have much else constructive to add. Ultimately I think any alterations should be given something like a 3 month trial period - see if it works out, if it suddenly upends the balance of the economy we have going. If it does, then we can just table another discussion.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:18 PM   #45
Sneaze
Mrow?

Okay so I'm firmly of the opinion that we do need to make 'mon available for updators on a bi-monthly basis even if they hit lowest tier, so...

3 Updates: 3 Rare Candies or 2 Mysterious Gummis or 1 Enigma Egg or 1 Silver Umbra Coin
5 Updates: 5 Rare Candies or 1 TM/TR or 1 Ability Capsule or 1 Type Egg or 1 Zone Egg
10 Updates: 1 Heart Scale or 1 Shiny Spray or 1 Starter Egg or 1 Fossil Egg

Those last two things have existed in the past and would really help push the ongoing idea of rarities are a false concept of old FB, allowing them to become more widespread.

I also have a lot of thoughts on the rewards ladder and will have a separate post on that later.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:58 PM   #46
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Okay so I'm firmly of the opinion that we do need to make 'mon available for updators on a bi-monthly basis even if they hit lowest tier, so...

3 Updates: 3 Rare Candies or 2 Mysterious Gummis or 1 Enigma Egg or 1 Silver Umbra Coin
5 Updates: 5 Rare Candies or 1 TM/TR or 1 Ability Capsule or 1 Type Egg or 1 Zone Egg
I like this layout. Think Starter or Fossil Eggs would be a good incentive for those who go the extra mile as well. Tbh not sure how I feel about 1 TM/TR being the equivalent of an Egg or Ability Capsule (especially not yet knowing what the latter does), and traditionally I don't think anyone's ever picked that option, but other than that looks pretty fair.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:17 AM   #47
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

I like this layout. Think Starter or Fossil Eggs would be a good incentive for those who go the extra mile as well. Tbh not sure how I feel about 1 TM/TR being the equivalent of an Egg or Ability Capsule (especially not yet knowing what the latter does), and traditionally I don't think anyone's ever picked that option, but other than that looks pretty fair.
Ability Capsule was confirmed already, it's "change ability to another ability that mon can have".
Old 05-26-2021, 06:34 AM   #48
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Ability Capsule was confirmed already, it's "change ability to another ability that mon can have".
Oh wait I thought it was referring to Patches, nm. (Though in that case I'm not sure it's worth it either when it's easily purchasable at the Dept. Store.)
Old 05-26-2021, 08:25 PM   #49
Lil'twick
Insanity

I feel it's fine to include both of those in tier 5. It allows people an alternative method that doesn't cost Watts/Pokedollars. Of course, there are more lucrative things here but it is still a nice alternative.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-26-2021, 08:37 PM   #50
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post

Those last two things have existed in the past and would really help push the ongoing idea of rarities are a false concept of old FB, allowing them to become more widespread.

I also have a lot of thoughts on the rewards ladder and will have a separate post on that later.
I am fine with what is presented here and all down for it.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development