UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #101
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

While Connor was looking outside, he heard someone calling out to him. He turned back to see an unfamiliar boy introducing himself as Jake, he smiled and shook hands with him, "Ah, you're friends with Keith hmm? My name's Connor, Connor Connelly, an aspiring photographer! Pleased to meet you," he grinned.

'Pleased to meet you to Connor.' Jake said. 'Kieth sure has a lot of pokemon huh?' 'I personally like to have a small group, six to be exact' 'How much Pokemon do you have Conner?' Jake asked. 'Um I guess it isn't to late' Sparky said to Coselle. 'And, well I do have one teammate that could teach me though she's not really a hunter, she is a good ninja though, but I doubt she would teach me' Sparky said before walking over to Jake 'Oh, Conner this is Sparky, Sparky this is Conner' Jake said introducing the two. Just then another unknown trainer came to the base.

"Hey there, so you said you're Jake? I'm Hyrem, nice to meet you!"

'Nice to meet you to Hyrem' Jake said. 'Oh and this is Sparky' 'Hi Conner, hi Hyrem!' Sparky said, in Joltik none the less. Of course Jake could have told Hyrem and Conner what Sparky said but Jake didn't feel like revealing he could understand pokemon langauage.
Just then Jake's phone rang. 'Sorry, excuse me got to take this' Jake said. After a minute Jake ran out the door saying. 'I'll be back' After 10 minutes Jake came back with a Premier ball in one hand and two Tm's in the other. 'There was a pokemon at the adoption center that I was interested in, and I had to pick up stuff for Abra day.' Jake said to Hyrem, Conner and Kieth before running over to Telpo and teaching him Fire punch and Psychic with the two Tm's. 'There you go Telpo, now you know Fire punch and Psychic, have fun!' Jake said Telpo before walking back to Hyrem, Kieth and Conner. 'Come on out Sprout!' Jake said before throwing a premier ball in the air. From the pokeball came a cute little Bellsprout. 'Everyone I want you to meet my new pokemon Sprout!' Jake said. 'Bellsprout!' Sprout said before hugging Conner's, Kieth's and Hyrem's leg. 'Sprout no need to hug everyone' Jake said. 'Sprout!' Sprout said, unphased by what Jake said.

'I'd also like to learn Fire punch' Telpo said. Just then Jake came and used two Tm's on Telpo, teaching him Fire punch and Psychic. 'About you wanting to learn Fire punch, I just learned Fire punch so I could help.' Telpo said. Just then Telpo looked at the time and realized something. 'Sorry Millicent, I'm going somewhere for a second be right back' Telpo said before teleporting away. About a minute later Telpo came back with a box of choclates with a homemade card attached. The card reads. Happy Valentines Millicent, you mean the world to me, love Telpo. 'Happy Valentines Millicent!' Telpo said before giving Millicent the choclates.

As Pom and Cyanide were looking at the sunset, Pom realized something. 'I forgot to get something Cyanide, I'll be back' Pom said before running back to Kieths base and coming back a minute later. 'Happy Valentines Cyanide!' Said Pom before handing her a box of Choclates with a fancy card attached. It reads. Happy Valentines day Cyanide! I don't know what I would do without you, I love you so much, love Pom.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #102
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Happy Valentine'sssss Day...

Keith took Aisa's triteness in stride, but Hyrem soon saw Marvolo raise his body until he reached the trainer's height and felt a little uncomfortable from the cold stare he was being given despite him knowing why he was looking at him so expectantly. "Heh, what, you'd think I'd forget about a big snake that would probably tear me apart if I forgot to bring his girlfriend ... who would love to clean up the mess?" he quipped as casually as he could, though he was still nervous as he brought out the Luxury Ball of Death. "Heh, have at her," he said as he tossed the special Pokeball.

Out popped a lithe, beautiful Fang Snake about 20% bigger than the male who desired her. A slight bulge in the middle of her body indicated that she had eaten very recently (that Patrat she found on the way here never stood a chance), so she was in a better mood than usual ... especially as she realized she had appeared in front of her beloved. "Maaaarv!" she hissed ecstatically before springing forth to embrace the male Seviper tightly in her coils. "Hey, Amethyst, 'member what we talked about; make sure you two keep it to yourself, k?" her trainer asked. "Se!" she hissed suddenly before unraveling herself from Marvolo, leaving him limp for a moment, then blushing in embarrassment since 1) she was about to do too much in public, and 2) she may have overdid it with the hug. "Sorry, Marv, I got a little too excited... So, show me where we're supposed to go, I'll drag you there!" she hissed excitedly.

Marvolo wasn't the only one to approach Hyrem about a lover. However, when Helena asked about Michael, he shook his head. "Mm-mm. He said he didn't want to come, even if I'm able to have more than six Pokemon here, so I just want to respect that. He's doing fine, by the way, he's having fun playing and training with Brittany! He's been helping me to get her to do some tricks!"

As Jake and his starter, Sparky, introduced themselves, Hyrem is reminded of the Joltik that Marion owns; it didn't matter who owned a Joltik, they were all so cute. "Nice to meet you too, Jake! And you too, little guy!" he said as he held his right hand out for the tiny Bug-type to crawl on. He was interrupted by Jake's Bellsprout, Sprout, hugging his leg. "Hey, I recognize this Bellsprout!" Hyrem suddenly said, keeping his finger out for Sparky. "I needed one so I could trade in a Yellow Shard for a Thunder Stone at the Shard Shop! They put the Pokemon they get there into Pokemon orphanages, so I wasn't sure if she was going to get owned by someone, but it looks like she's got someone now! That's great!" he said as he put out his other hand to gently pat Sprout on the head.

Meanwhile, Aisa still wanted to be with Hyrem so she crawled over to where Hyrem went when she saw him putting his finger out for a Joltik. While jealous, she also knew Hyrem would get angry with her if she simply pushed the smaller bug away. So she crawled over to the Joltik, waited for the obligatory "Aisa, be nice," from her trainer, then approached the Joltik proper, looking off to the side as she introduced herself: "Hey, so, uh, I'm Aisa. What's your name?"

As Leila complimented on how good-looking the gray Eevee was, the human holding him asked if she was the one who liked Sirius. "Well, yeah, I'm just..waiting ... for ... him ..." Leila replied, her voice trailing off as the woman suddenly set the Eevee down and stormed off towards the bathroom, although a little clumsily. "Huh, what's her problem? Anyway, you're Kuranes? That's such a cute name! I'm Leila, nice to meet you K!" She wasn't being really flirty with the little guy since she figured she could do that with Sirius, though a small amount of flattery wouldn't hurt in this situation.

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 02-14-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #103
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith smiled as Jake's new Bellsprout hugged him. "A Bellsprout, very cool," Keith nodded approvingly. "I have a Victreebel, myself, I still remember getting him in a trade as a Bellsprout. I should bring him out, actually," he murmured. "Hey, in fact, I know someone else Sprout will get along with," he added as he tossed a Poke Ball. "Go, Hannah!" he called as a Qwilfish materialized.

Hannah landed softly on the floor, and rolled up to the Bellsprout after observing her hug others. "Hi!" the female Qwilfish greeted her cheerfully. "My name's Hannah. Um... would it be OK if I got a hug?" she asked hopefully.

Millicent happily accepted the card and the chocolates from Telpo. "Oh, Telpo, thank you!" she said happily as she gave the Abra a hug, but then she started to look a little guilty. "Um... I... I didn't get you anything, though," she murmured apologetically. "Um... OK, hold on a second," she added as she climbed out a nearby window. The sound of crunching rock could be heard for the next few minutes, as though someone was smashing up a rock with their bare fists, and then Millicent climbed back in, clutching what appeared to be a heart carved out of a rock. "Happy Valentine's Day, Telpo," she smiled as she handed him the heart-shaped rock.

Over on the hill, Pom handed Cyanide a box of chocolates, as well as a card. "Thanks," smirked Cyanide as she ate a few chocolates and glanced at the card. Though she tried to seem disinterested, she couldn't help but smile at the card. She then used her front paws to neatly tuck the card away into her collar fur, where she would ordinarily store a hold item. "I'm afraid I didn't get you anything," she added to Pom. "Maybe this'll make up for it, though," she said as she slowly walked up to Pom and started nuzzling him affectionately. Then, she playfully tackled him to the ground and started kissing him.

Meanwhile, Myrtle had noticed Coselle enter the bathroom, and couldn't help but notice how unsteady and dizzy she had looked. Keith made his way back into the living room, and naturally, Coselle's absence seemed to be the first thing he noticed. Myrtle floated over to him. "Myrtle, where'd Coselle go?" Keith asked.

"Bath-room," Myrtle replied. "She looked a lit-tle diz-zy, though."

Keith nodded, though also frowned, obviously concerned. He made his way over to where the door to the bathroom was. Nobody was nearby to overhear. He quietly tapped on the door and said, "Coselle? Everything OK in there? Myrtle said you looked a little dizzy..."

Marvolo's stare became less and less cold as Hyrem produced the Luxury Ball whose occupant the male Seviper was all too familiar with. Hyrem sent out Amethyst, and Marvolo found himself being given a crushing hug by a beautiful Seviper who was slightly larger than him. "Amy!" he exclaimed happily just before his beloved started to squeeze the crap out of him. But he didn't care, he was just so glad to be near the Seviper he loved once again. Then, at her trainer's reminder, she quickly unraveled herself from Marvolo, apologizing for getting carried away. "It's all right," Marvolo smiled. Amethyst then asked that he direct her to where they were supposed to go. "Just down this hall," Marvolo stated, pointing down the hallway with his tail blade. "Door on the right leads to where everyone else is. Door on the left leads somewhere a bit more... private," he hissed with a grin.

Helena's hopeful grin faded as Hyrem shook his head in response to the Shuppet's question. "Oh..." Helena said quietly. "O-K..." It was obvious she had been hoping for a different answer, if the sadness in her voice and on her face was any indicator. "Well, at least tell him I was as-king for him, O-K?" she asked. "Oh, and could you give him this from me?" she added as she nodded to a heart-shaped card which sat on a small table. The card read; "Michael, Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Helena."
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #104
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
As soon as Connor greeted Hyrem, he was immediately teased about accidentally finding Keith's place. "Guh! No Hyrem, I did not accidentally find this place, right guys? ...guys?" Connor said to him at which every single one of Connor's Pokemon present (except Waldemar) gave him really odd stares. He turned back to face them "Guys? Oh come on, can't you play along? Gaspard? Oh god, not you too..." he sighed while Gaspard laughed. "Aipo-aipopo~" "Gee guys, thanks for the moral support. I really appreciate it." he sarcastically said to them though he couldn't help but laugh as well.

Jacques meanwhile continued to talk with Six with the latter introducing himself to him, ~Ah, u-um... my name's Jacques,~ he answered to him. ~You're... a Pokemon of Keith's r-right?~ he asked the little Foongus.

Meanwhile, Connor continued to talk to the unfamiliar Trainer who introduced himself as Jake. Jake then commented on how many Pokemon Keith has gotten, "Well, he did mention to me that he had a lot... 34 to be exact," he said to him. When asked about how many Pokemon the photographer asked himself, Connor just laughed, "Ahaha... not much really compared to Keith... only about 18?" Connor's Xtransceiver then rang as he immediately answered it. "Yes... hello? You reached Connor Connelly. Oh Charm! You got the money? Yes? Oh good. Yes, Cameron's doing just fine, I gotta thank you for giving him to me by the way. Oh he's on my PC now huh? All right Charm, I'll take good care of him as well. Pleasure doing business with you," the photographer quickly ended the call as he turned back to face Jake. "Scratch that, make it 19 Pokemon," he grinned. Connor then looked around for Keith, "Hey Keith, do you mind if I borrow your computer for a bit? I gotta let out a few of my other Pokemon here!"

Nowell and Cameron meanwhile got their answer to the Eevee's name as he introduced to them. ~K... sounds like one of those weird nicknames Sylvester gives to everyone,~ Cameron spoke. ~You know... I still don't get why he called me 'Oily' to be honest... or where he got it for that matter,~ Nowell added, ~Anyway, enough about that! I'm Cameron, and my friend beside me here's Nowell! Pleasure to meet you too K!~ Cameron said as the Chimchar shook the shiny Eevee's paw.

Connor meanwhile suddenly heard a noise as if someone almost fell over. He turned to see Coselle suddenly feeling dizzy and excusing herself to the bathroom. "Miss Coselle, are you all right?" he asked her with worry though his concern was ignored entirely as she locked herself in the bathroom. "That... was weird."

Last edited by uhhhhh; 02-16-2013 at 12:19 PM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #105
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Kuranes' ears droop a bit as Leila asks what Coselle's problem is. I'm not allowed to talk about it, is all he says, before trying to cheer up and resume with a happier conversation. Anyway... Thank you! You have a really pretty name, too,Kuranes responds with a grin. Sirius is a lucky fellow, indeed. Nowell and Cameron join in the conversation, and Nowell comments that K seems like one of the odd nicknames for which Sylvester was so well known. The Chimchar is quick to change the subject, stating how good it was to meet the shiny Eevee and introducing himself and Nowell. Kuranes returns the handshake eagerly with his paw, grinning widely. It's nice to meet you both! You're both fire types, right? What is it like to have fire inside you all the time? Is that how it works... or is it that the fire just materializes when you need to attack? Kuranes tilts his head with curiousity. You must always feel warm inside, right?

Meanwhile, Keith knocks on the bathroom door, commenting that Myrtle had said she looked a little dizzy. Damn that Myrtle, Coselle thinks to herself, though she admittedly could not stay mad at Keith's Shuppet for long. Rolling over to get up on her knees, her palms firmly on the floor, she groans as her stomach turns suddenly and horribly; she does her best to resist the gagging in her throat that threatened to explode into full-on vomiting, crawling towards the toilet with a pained expression. Attempting deep breaths, she barely croaks out;

"I'm in the bathroom! Leave me alone! It's rude to-" Her admonishment is cut off by a sickening wretching noise.

Elsewhere in Keith's Secret Base, the sound of voices and Pokemon alerts a pair of Pokemon who had previously been hiding in a secret compartment in Keith's kitchen. Floating out of the compartment with cookie crumbs covering her face, a little Duskull's single eye swivels around curiously at the sound of a group of trainers convening at the Base. Trying her best to wipe the crumbs off her face, she sighs as the crumbs not only stay stuck to her face, but cover her ghostly hands, as well.

"Peeves, you think I wash off in sink," she asks, turning to her companion. "I wanna see who come visit~!"
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #106
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

To Six's mild bewilderment, the big Gliscor who introduced himself as Jacques sounded just as timid and shy as he was. "I-it's nice to meet you, Jacques," Six said, looking up at the Ground/Flying-type. "B-but... why d-do you sound all nervous? I-I-I mean, I'm always just so n-nervous and shy... but I'm a small P-Pokemon... you, you're b-big, and you l-look st-strong... Wh-what could make you so nervous?"

"Sure, go ahead," Keith nodded as Connor asked if he could use his computer. Then, he went to go and check on Coselle, which resulted in her telling him to leave her alone, though she only just barely croaked it out, a fact which only made him worry more. Moreover, the rest of her admonishment was interrupted by an awful retching noise. Keith was alarmed at this, though he kept silent, not wanting to infuriate Coselle. He stood there, torn, furiously trying to decide what to do. He didn't want to get Coselle upset at him, but he also didn't think she ought to be alone, given that her condition was clearly not looking very good. She was obviously unwell, and she wouldn't let him help, and it was driving him crazy.

Meanwhile, a pair of Duskull emerged from the hidden compartment in which they had been spending so much time, cookie crumbs stuck to their skull faces. Liliana tried in vain to clean the cookie crumbs from her face, then suggested to Peeves that she wash off in the sink before they go to see who was visiting.

"That good idea, I think I need wash off myself," Peeves responded. "I want see who here, too," he added. He led the way over to the sink, where he quickly washed his face, then floated aside to let Liliana have her turn.

NOTICE: The following is its own separate storyline which takes place after the events of the current storyline, as denoted by the usage of blood red text. Only Marion Ette should be replying to this particular storyline; everyone else is looking for the main, currently ongoing storyline for which each person uses their usual text color (or lack thereof). Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Keith grinned as he lowered his Xtranceiver. "And we're good to go," he stated to the Shuppet floating next to him. "Just texted Coselle, asking her to come over."

"Are you cer-tain your plan will work?" Myrtle asked.

Keith sighed. "I certainly hope so," he said quietly. "It's the only thing I can think of that could help... I don't want her to die, Myrtle," he said quietly. "I mean, she'll only go back to being a Banette... but the death of her human form is probably going to be slow and painful, and I don't want her to suffer like that... And she loves being a human again, I don't want to have that taken away from her," he added.

Myrtle nodded wordlessly, and started to eat at some of what Keith was feeling; his nervousness, his uncertainty over whether this scheme of his would produce the desired effect. Indeed, Keith was thinking to himself that this had BETTER work. He traveled across the sea, kidnapped four Missingno. hunters, fought off friggin' pirates, and even took their captain as a captive, and all for the sake of giving Coselle an ample source of soul, essence, humanity, whatever it was called. This plan of his not working would be nothing less than a giant middle finger from the universe.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #107
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The distance between Keith's and Marion's Secret Bases was not all that far, and it does not take Coselle long to make the journey from one to the other. Of course, Marion would not let her go traveling alone without a companion, and of course, Liliana had eagerly volunteered to go along with Coselle. After all, how could she resist the opportunity to say hello to Peeves? Besides, seeing Coselle like this, back in her human form, brought back memories of the days when Liliana was Anna, the faithful Umbreon, who loved and protected Coselle with her life. Some things never changed. The Duskull turns a single red eye towards her former master and forever friend, as if searching her expression for something.

"You okay?" she finally asks.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm feeling fine," Coselle finally responds, though she needs to be shaken out of her reverie in order to respond. "I've just not been feeling myself lately is all. The medicine Mary gave me has been suppressing the sickness pretty well, but it makes me feel tired all the time... I had forgotten what tired even felt like."

"Your insomnia going away?" Liliana tilts her head. Coselle chuckles a bit.

"HAH, you should have seen Mary's face when she found me asleep yesterday. Poor girl thought I was dead... Was shaking me, screaming... When I woke up, she was so embarrassed, haha~" Though Coselle laughs at the memory, there's a distinct tinge of sorrow in her voice.

"Did you dream?"

"I... I don't remember," Coselle responds, though there's an uneasiness that suggests she could be lying. Either way, Liliana decides not to press the matter.

"WE HERE!" She calls out, once Keith's Secret Base comes into view. "I can't want to see Peeeeeeeeves... Peeves Peeves Peeves," she sings her boyfriend's name, giddy like a child on Christmas morning.

"Try to contain your excitement, my dear," Coselle says with a smirk. "It is unbecoming for a lady to be so openly enamored with another. It is dangerous to let on how much you care."

Liliana looks confused at this bit of advice. "Why it so bad? Peeves loves me! I love him! Nothing bad to let him know..."

"I just don't want to see you get hurt," Coselle shakes her head. "Anyway... I guess we go up this rope ladder, do we not? I suppose Ginny will want to make sure we are not evil Zoroark who are actually Ditto in disguise." Coselle laughs a bit at the thought.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #108
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As usual, the Pawniard was standing at the top of the rope ladder, and as Coselle and Liliana arrive at the top, she stares up at them warily. "I'll need to do a few simple tests," the Pawniard said to the both of them. "Need to make sure the two of you are who you appear to be." Then, she lunged and attempted to Scratch Liliana... only for her blade to pass harmlessly through the Duskull's body. "Good, good," nodded Ginny. "You're not a Zorua or a Zoroark, then. I'll need to make sure you're not a Ditto, though- WAH!"

For at that moment, an excitable Duskull phased through the front door at great speeds, and hugged Liliana tightly. "Hi, Lil!" Peeves exclaimed happily. "I not know you come with Coselle!"

"Peeves, will you let me do my thing?" demanded Ginny. "They could be impostors!"

Peeves shook his head. "I know Lil when I see her," he insisted. "And Lil very smart, no Zorua, Zoroark, or Ditto could fool her like that. So if this Lil, than that Coselle," he said simply.

"This could be cleared up so much quicker if Keith would let me use his Pokedex," grumbled Ginny.

At that moment, however, the front door swung open. "Ginny, are you harassing Coselle?" Keith sighed before he looked at Coselle and smiled. "Hey, Coselle," he said. "Hi, Liliana," he added, noticing the Duskull Peeves was still hugging. "Come on in," he invited them.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-16-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #109
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

It came as no surprise that Ginny was waiting for Coselle and Liliana, wanting to administer a few "tests" before they enter. Ginny begins by attempting to scratch the Duskull, only to have the blade phase right through. Liliana grins a bit as the proof of her identity is clear. Before Ginny can test to make sure Liliana is not a Ditto, however, she is tackled by Peeves, who hugs her tightly. "PEEVES~" Liliana exclaims happily, returning the hug just as emphatically. "I come make sure she safe on journey," she explains to her beloved. Ginny grumbles about how life would be so much easier if she could borrow Keith's Pokedex, and as if on cue, Keith himself appears at the door, inviting Coselle and Liliana in.

"Thank you, darling," Coselle responds with a grin as she ascends the ladder. "I do hope you do not mind me bringing Liliana along. Marion insisted that, given my current state, I needed a protector." Coselle snorts a bit indignantly. "How far I have fallen..." Despite her comment, she has an odd little grin on her face.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #110
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I don't mind," Keith said. "Pretty sure Peeves doesn't mind either," he added with a slight grin. "Peeves, why don't you take Liliana into the living room?" he asked his Duskull. "I gotta talk to Coselle in private."

"OK," Peeves said as he beckoned Liliana to follow him. Once they were out of earshot, Keith smiled at his beloved.

"On the subject of your... current state..." Keith began, "That's actually why I've invited you here today, Coselle. I... I don't want you getting your hopes up too quickly, but... I think I might be able to help. Come with me," he said as he started to lead the way down the hallway.

"See, when you first came to my Base," he began to explain to Coselle, "You and Marion had touched upon the possibility of you using Curse to steal more... soul, humanity, whatever term you want to use. Naturally, of course, it'd be just plain wrong to take an innocent life just to prolong your own... And after weeks of trying desperately to find a way I could help, it occurred to me- if the problem with that plan is the immorality of taking an innocent life... then all I would need is to go out and get some not-so-innocent lives." At this moment, they reached the door for Keith's room. He pushed it open and gestured for Coselle to look inside.

On the floor, there were five men, their wrists and ankles bound with rope, and they were gagged as well, so their muffled shouting was barely audible. "For you," Keith said to Coselle. "Five of the sorriest wastes of perfectly good humanity I've ever seen. These four are Missingno. hunters- reprehensible homeless people who spend their days riding around in motorboats killing wild Missingno. for sport, and have absolutely no qualms about doing so. And that guy," he continued, pointing at the remaining man whose tricorne hat lay on the floor next to him, "believe it or not, is a pirate captain. He sails on one of those old-fashioned sailing ships, he talks like a pirate, he even had a freaking sword. Like something from out of a pirate movie."

"Meat Sack, have you got-ten to the good part yet?" asked Myrtle as she floated over to where they were.

"I was gonna let you tell that part," Keith grinned at his Shuppet. "It was your big moment, after all. Just let me finish first, OK?"

"Fine," sighed Myrtle.

"As I was saying," continued Keith, "That guy certainly won't be missed. Hell, offing him would be doing the world a favor. Or anyone who sails in the sea of Kanto, anyway. He tried to slash me to ribbons with that sword, and were it not for the fact that Ginny recently learned how to use Magnet Rise, he just might have succeeded, too. So... Hopefully, this sorry lot will keep you alive for a good few decades, at the very least. Now, like Marion said, I don't know if you'll be able to intentionally steal their souls with Curse... but there's one way to find out, isn't there?" he asked, a hint of desperation in his voice.

"Can I tell her now-" began Myrtle.

"Yes, Myrtle, you can," Keith sighed, though with the slightest of grins.

"I did it," Myrtle said to Coselle, a manic grin on her face. "I got my re-venge. Meat Sack took us on a voy-age to col-lect those things in there," she said as she shot a glance at the Missingno. hunters and pirate captain. "It was cra-zy, by the way. We were at-tacked by pi-rates, and we had to fight off a Gya-ra-dos... But once we got near Cin-na-bar Is-land, I sensed them. More than that, I sensed... him. The one who en-ded me. Me, He-le-na, and Lu-na, we lif-ted all of them on-to our boat, I sought out the one who had me killed... and ne-ver be-fore has u-sing Curse brought me such plea-sure," Myrtle stated, her grin widening. "I took de-light in e-ve-ry mi-nute of his suf-fer-ing, feas-ted on his hor-ror and fear, his pained screams were like mu-sic." She stopped speaking at that moment as she started to play back the memory in her mind. Keith took that moment to look back at Coselle, awaiting her reaction to what he had done for her.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #111
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

All that is left of my humanity... is the love I have for you.

Keith encourages Peeves to take Liliana to the living room. Though she gives Keith a confused look for a moment, she ultimately is distracted by the thought of enjoying some alone time with Peeves, and floats off with no question. Coselle, however, can sense some interesting emotions coming off Keith... excitement, nervousness, hope... What could it all mean? On top of all that, he wanted to speak to Coselle in private. Some sort of surprise, she supposed, but what exactly had he gotten for her? Was it a Pokemon he had captured for her in his travels? Some sort of trinket? The dark-haired young woman had to admit that she was intrigued.

Once Liliana and Peeves are out of earshot, Keith reveals that his surprise has something to do with Coselle's current condition; he suggests that perhaps he can help her with her illness. Coselle tilts her head, looking rather incredulous. After all, if her brilliant researcher of a sister who had been holed up in the lab for months had not thought of anything, how could Keith have done so? Regardless, Coselle silently follows her lover down the hallway, wordlessly expressing her incredulousness. Even so, Keith presses on, explaining that he had overheard Marion discussing the possibility of using her Curse to steal more humanity in order to continue her lifespan. The problem, of course, was finding the appropriate source for humanity, as human lives would be sacrificed in the process. He comments that the trick was to spare innocent lives by finding some not-so-innocent lives from which to steal humanity; as he says this, he opens the door to his room, urging Coselle to look inside.

Trapped within Keith's room are five bound men, smelling of seawater and bad B.O. Their lecherous looks toward Coselle invoke a horrifying glare from the former Banette, who observes that the men were likely involved with boats of some sort, especially given the pirate-style garb of one of the men. Keith identifies the men as four despicable MissingNo. hunters, who made a sport out of hunting the rare and unique creature that Keith adored and Myrtle used to be; in addition, a "real" pirate captain (well, as real as the pirates were in the movies, anyhow), complete with beard, accent and traditional ship. Myrtle seems eager to interject about something related to the story of the capture of these men, but Keith urges her to wait until he finishes explaining things to Coselle. Agreeing reluctantly, Myrtle backs down, and Keith continues speaking to the abnormally quiet Coselle. Keith describes how the "pirate" tried to slash Keith to ribbons with his sword, and very well may have without the intervention of Ginny and her Magnet Rise ability. His voice rising with desperation, Keith suggest that maybe these five souls will keep Coselle alive for a few decades... He could not know for sure, but there was only one way to find out, right?

Finally, Myrtle is able to interject with her own part of the story, a manic high radiating from her body as she recounts the thrill of vengeance, of finally finding the man who had so cruelly ended her life... and the vicious, painful way in which she had ended his. The look Coselle gives to the Shuppet has an equally manic glee, and yet her smile is still somehow gentle.

"You have earned your happiness," she states firmly, before her eyes turn towards Keith... at first, her expression is completely unreadable, as she regards him silently for a long, painful moment. Finally, she begins to speak;

"Keith, you..." She averts her eyes, hiding the emotion beginning to well up; "You... You're finally beginning to understand." The young woman immediately pulls Keith towards her, embracing him tightly; she buries her head in his chest, trying to hide her joyful tears, though he can feel the moisture leaking into his shirt. As she embraces him, she mouths the words into his chest:

I love you.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #112
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Time to "feed" the cravings...

Keith bringing out Hannah reminded Hyrem of another Pokemon with a significant other... and his talking about Goyle reminded him of another! "Oh yeah, them! Daphne, Delilah! Out you come!" And with that, a Nuzleaf appeared out of her Pokeball, and a Chinchou appeared out of a Lure Ball. "So yeah, where are those guys?" he asked Keith, hoping it was obvious who he was referring to.

Amethyst soon grinned as big as Marvolo did when he talked about the left path. "Mmm, private, huh? Perfect, I'll be able to enjoy my... 'catch' in peace, then," she hissed seductively before using her tail to carefully drag Marvolo by the neck into the bedroom.

Hyrem takes the card from Helena, reads it, then puts his hand on her head and says with a smile: "I'll be sure to tell him, then! Promise!" He realized how important it was to Helena; even if Michael didn't admit it, he still had feelings for her, at least in her opinion. Maybe he would shrug it off, but it's the thought that counts!

He then couldn't help but snicker as Connor's Pokemon didn't exactly defend him in his effort to say he doesn't get lost, but after that he noticed all the new Pokemon with him, including a Gliscor about the same size as his trainer. "Wow, so you have a Gliscor now? So cool!"

Leila's act of flattery is returned with Kuranes complimenting her. "Oh, well, thanks, I..." she stopped as she started fantasizing about her and Sirius, and looked around, wondering where the Mightyena might be. If he's so protective of his trainer, then where is he?
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #113
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
As soon as Connor got the OK to use his computer, he immediately sat down on the chair and with a few keystrokes and mouse clicks he reached through his PC. "Alright, I got in! Let's see..." he checked a bit longer until he found what he was looking for: a Darumaka that had already been registered under his name. "Yup, right here! Now then, who else...?" he was on the computer for a few minutes as to who to decide to bring out for now. Once he made decision, he typed a bid more until six different Pokeballs materialized in front of him composed of four Pokeballs, a Chocolate Ball, ...and a Shadow Pokeball. "Wait... what? I didn't pick Zerase to come over here..." he said as he grabbed the Shadow Pokeball, its shadowy aura seeping through the cracks. Connor was hesitant to bring out the shadow Elgyem as every time he did so, the Shadow Pokemon would always make him feel uneasy... not to mention the fact that she often refuses to obey him too. She was worse than Kasimir on that regard.

Connor then took out the other five Pokeballs and shook his head, "I'll deal with Zerase later... all right guys, come out!" he said as a shiny Boldore, Petilil, Pansage, Whismur, and a Darumaka come out. Eleanor, Sylvester, and Dionne all turned to see the unfamiliar Pokemon with them. "If you guys are wondering about the Darumaka, yes, he's with us now! Be nice to him now all right? Now then, why don't you all relax for a bit hmm? As for you..." he turned to face the Darumaka, "Hmmm... Yobachi. Your name will be Yobachi. You okay little guy?" he said as he patted his head. The Darumaka jumped around happily, "I'll take that as a yes then! Pleased to meet you Yobachi!" he grinned.

Jacques sighed as Six commented on how despite his big appearance, the Gliscor still seemed timid and shy just like the Foonguss, ~Yeah, I get that a lot lately... I'm just... easily frightened t-that's all~ the Gliscor looked at his pincers, ~Um... I know it sounds silly, b-but a lot of things scare me...~ he said to the little Foongus.

Nowell and Cameron meanwhile were asked by the shiny Eevee on what it feels like to have a fire burning inside them. The Tepig and Chimchar looked at each other, not quite able to think of a proper answer to the Eevee, ~How... do we explain this Cameron?~ Nowell asked him, ~I don't really know. Come to think of it...~ the Chimchar looked at his flaming butt, as Nowell did the same too. ~How does it work? I... never really gave it much thought until now,~ he said to both Nowell and Kuranes as he held out his hand to try and feel the flame on his butt, ~Well, I clearly don't have anything burning around me, though I do feel a bit warm inside of me...~ Nowell tilted his head. The shiny Eevee's question got the two of them wondering as well.

Hyrem meanwhile snickered at Connor and his Pokemon as the latter were determined playfully to not help defend their Trainer in his rather obvious lie. "Welp, so much for that..." he scratched his head as Hyrem continued to talk to him until he noticed the giant Gliscor, "Ahaha, oh Jacques seems like you're the talk of the town lately huh?" he grinned while the Gliscor blushed and got all flustered.

The photographer then heard a loud wretching noise through the bathroom as he saw Keith just outside the door, "Keith, what's going on here? Is she... feeling alright? Shouldn't she go to the doctor about this? She sounds like she was... vomiting really bad there," he asked him in concern for Coselle's health, not knowing about Coselle's true condition.

Last edited by uhhhhh; 02-17-2013 at 08:43 AM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #114
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Keith explained to Coselle what he had done, she remained quiet throughout the entire story. She spoke up only after both Keith and Myrtle had stopped speaking, first to tell Myrtle that she had earned her happiness. Then, she turned to Keith. She told Keith that he was finally beginning to understand, and though she tried to hide her emotion, she pulled him into a tight embrace, and he felt her tears through his shirt. Then she mouthed into Keith's chest three words. Three words, which, while inaudible, Keith knew what they were nonetheless. Now it was his turn for his eyes to well up with tears, his turn to be overcome by happiness. Though he had said those words to Coselle several times in the past (and meant them every time), she had never said them back to him before... Though at the moment Keith was left speechless, he hoped Coselle was sensing the emotions that were overwhelming him, and would understand the reason for his speechlessness. He did hug her back, though, and the hug... he had no clue how long it lasted, whether it was seconds, minutes, hours... It was about two minutes, in reality, but Keith did not know this. As they hugged, Myrtle quietly excused herself to the living room. Partly to give the two of them some privacy, and partly because their emotions threatened to overpower her thoroughly.

"I love you, Coselle," Keith finally murmured in Shuppet language, his voice still thick with emotion. Once the hug had ended, he looked at her with a smile on his face and a few tears in his eyes. "So... do you think it'll work?" he asked hopefully, referring to the captives in the other room.

In the living room, Peeves was talking to Liliana. "So... How Coselle doing?" Peeves asked her. "I know Keith worry about her very much."

As Hyrem called Daphne and Delilah out, Keith knew exactly what Hyrem was getting at. "Hebenon's around here somewhere-" he began before the Qwilfish materialized next to him. "It's like he knows," Keith chuckled. "Which just leaves Goyle," he added as he took the Poke Ball containing his Victreebel off his belt and threw it into the air. The Grass/Poison-type materialized, and chomped down on Keith's head as was his usual way of greeting him. Then he spotted the Nuzleaf, and never had he been more quick to detach from his trainer's head. He landed on the floor in front of Daphne, looking as happy as it was possible for a Victreebel to look.

"Hi, Daphne," Goyle said happily.

On his way to check on Coselle, Keith spotted a Sneasel looking around for something... or someone. "Hey, Leila," Keith said as he approached the Sneasel. "I think I can guess who you're looking for," he grinned. "It'd probably help if I had thought to bring him out in the first place, though, wouldn't it?" he added as he produced the Mightyena's Poke Ball. "Here he is, Leila," he continued as he prepared to throw the ball. "Siri- WAH!" he exclaimed as the ball opened up before it even left his hand, its occupant taking it upon itself to emerge from the sphere upon hearing the name Leila. Sirius appeared right in front of Leila, his tail wagging furiously.

"I'll leave you two alone," grinned Keith as he walked off.

Jacques explained to Six that a lot of things scared him. "I-it doesn't sound that s-silly to m-me," Six replied. "B-but... Y-you're not s-scared of me, are you?" the Foongus continued, aware of the sheer absurdity of the notion of a tiny thing like him being a legitimate source of fright to a large Gliscor nearly the size of a human being.

Outside the bathroom door, Connor approached, clearly concerned about Coselle, after hearing the horrible retching from within. Not wanting Connor to find out more than he ought to about the true nature of Coselle's condition, Keith quietly replied, "I'm sure she's fine. She probably just ate something funny, is all." He didn't believe his own story in the slightest, of course, but he hoped he had made his voice convincing enough that Connor would buy it.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #115
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

It was hard to say how long Coselle and Keith embraced, clinging tightly to one another, as the tears flowed; Keith's intense emotions overwhelmed Coselle's senses, and she immersed herself deep within them, sensing no difference between his feelings and her own. She would hold on to him forever if she could, sheltered in the warmth of his living, breathing body, but all good things must come to an end. Finally, Keith professes his love to Coselle in Shuppet language, which resounds deeply in the former Banette's heart, before he gently lets her go, though he still looks upon her with a smile and a few tears in his eyes. He asks her if he think his plan will work, and Coselle smirks, slowly producing the infamous needle from her pocket.

"As you said... There is only one way to find out," Coselle responds ominously. "I suggest you do not follow me in."

With that, Coselle fully enters Keith's bedroom, slowly closing the door behind her. Resheathing the needle so as not to spoil the surprise for her victims, she tries to suppress the emotional high of the deed she is about to perform as she grabs herself a chair from Keith's room, sitting opposite one of the four MissingNo. hunters, an oddly adorable and innocent grin forming on her face. "My dear, that gag must be uncomfortble, hmmm? Let's take it off, shall we?" The dark-haired woman feigns concern as she gently removes the gag from his face, her pale, grey eyes looking soulfully into the man's own eyes.

"That's better, is it not?" Coselle asks the question sweetly, almost affectionately.

"Ugh, thank Arceus... Hey, pretty lady, you'd mind getting us out of here?" He winks to Coselle, a lecherous smile forming on his lips. "We ain't in the business of killing other human beings, like that bastard with the cowboy hat... You ain't gonna let that dumbass with the psychotic Shuppet kill us, are you? Even if we do kill MissingNo., how is that even a fair punishment? MissingNo. ain't human. They ain't even Pokemon. They're glitches within the very fabric of reality... Who knows what damage they'll cause if left alive? What rules of the universe they'll defy? It's unnatural, you know?" The man pauses. "You understand... don't you? You're not a crazed moron like ol' Woody, yeah?"

"I understand," Coselle responds in an airy voice. "And I will let you go... but only if you apologize for what you have done to those MissingNo." Coselle gives the man giant puppy-dog eyes. "It does hurt to hear of those poor creatures being harmed, even if what you say is true..."

"Very well, I'm sorry," he says, with a smirk. "Now, will you let us-"

"YOU'RE A DAMNED LIAR!" Coselle screams, before producing the needle in one, fluid motion and jamming it into the man's shoulder. The man cries out in pain, but the initial jab is not enough to kill him... Blood streams down the wound as his screams get louder and louder, echoing throughout the entire Base. His very humanity seeps out of the wound, and Coselle drinks it in hungrily, aching for the very thing that drains out of her with each moment. The other men's eyes widen with horror as Coselle reveals her true nature, and immediately begin straining against their bonds as hard as they possibly can, to no avail. Eventually, they can feel the man who was stabbed by the needle go limp, as the loss of humanity eventually takes its toll. A pale, emaciated corpse, the man who is drained of his very life essence leaves only a hideous, mangled shell behind. Removing the needle from the man's body, Coselle moves on to the next MissingNo hunter, no longer making an effort to hide the sadistic pleasure in her eyes.

"Perhaps you will be more honest with me," she says, ripping the gag off of the next prisoner.

"Please... please, don't kill me..." The man begs.

"Poor baby..." Coselle croons, appearing sensitive to the man's fear. "You're scared, aren't you?"

"Y-Yes... Fucking terrified..." The man admits, noting in his mind that Coselle seemed to appreciate honesty. Coselle grins and gently grasps the man's shoulder, which causes him to flinch initially, until he realizes that the gesture is intended to be comforting.

"Mmm... I know, honey, I know." Coselle shakes her head. "Tell me... are you sorry for what you've done to all those MissingNo.?"

A short pause. "N-no... No, I'm not."

"Of course you aren't, dear. Of course you aren't." Coselle cackles. "Of course... that means you deserve to die, doesn't it?"

"No, no, please, no-"

"Wrong answer." The second man meets the same fate as the first, and the cacophony of screams once again fills Keith's Secret Base as humanity is drained from yet another wretched soul.

Moving to the third man, Coselle notes the anger and fury in his eyes; "A fiesty one, are you?" Removing his gag, she is met with some of the most vile, derogatory terms for a woman that can ever be imagined, as a string of swears blasts forth from the MissingNo. Hunter in blind fury. Coselle does not even bother wasting time trying to speak to this man, instead pointing the needle at his throat until he clams up.

"I suppose it is too late to teach you respect, is it?" Coselle smirks before he meets the fate of the other two men.

Making her way over to the last MissingNo. Hunter, she gingerly removes the gag of the man who is utterly paralyzed with fear. Coselle remains silent for a moment, as she listens to his shallow, frightened breathing; after all, what could he possibly say to save himself? What was the answer this woman was looking for? Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

"Nothing to say, hmmmm?" Coselle grins. The man tries to open his mouth, but nothing comes. Coselle remains silent for a few more moments, relishing the fear in the man's eyes, gently fingering her needle as if considering whether or not to kill him. Finally, she begins to walk away, only to walk back... Pacing, back and forth... feeding on the man's absolute terror. Finally, when she has had enough of tormenting the man, she gently makes her way behind him, hovering the needle over his shoulder.

"Say goodbye," Coselle whispers into his ear. The man, who is too afraid to speak, says nothing... and meets the fate of his other comrades.

Finally, only the pirate remains. Coselle weaves her way around to him, and the man looks eager to lay a mouthful on her, tilting his head forward so that she can remove his gag.

"No," Coselle hisses. "You don't get an opportunity to speak, you dumbfuck. If I have to hear one ARRRR or MATEY out of you, I am going to scream." Coselle cackles viciously. "That accent is not even real, is it? You borrowed it from Johnny Depp, did you not? He should sue you..." Coselle's eerie laughter blasts forth, condemning and hateful. "All I know is this. You tried to kill him, did you not? The one with the cowboy hat? 'Slash 'im to ribbons,' as they say in your imaginary pirateland? Despicable."

Coselle hovers the needle over his shoulder, the tip only barely grazing the man's skin. "We'll make this one nice and slow for you. We're going to savor it. Anyone who tries to kill my lover, to me, deserves the worst death imaginable. Where is it you pirates say you go? Davy Jones' locker? I hope your soul rots down there." Coselle very slowly, gradually, presses the needle into his skin, sending it into his body with painful restraint. Despite the gag, his screams are still barely audible, such is his incredible agony. The process is slower than that of the other men, as she drains every drop of humanity from this salty sea-dog, before his body finally gives out from the pain and the lack of essence.

Coselle removes her needle from the final corpse, and gently hides it away. Now, there only remained the issue of what to do with the bodies...

Meanwhile, Liliana bristles at the screams from the other room, her eyes filled with fear as she turns to Peeves. "What going on?!? Keith and Coselle okay? Sound like people dying!!" She starts to float off to Keith's bedroom, and will likely make it there if Peeves does not catch her quickly.

Kuranes grins at Keith as he finally approaches to fulfill Leila's wishes. Though Kuranes is curious about the Mightyena that materializes from the Pokeball, he decides to follow Keith's lead and leave them alone, as well. Nice to meet you, Leila and Sirius, he calls out before going back to his conversation with the two fire-types.

The question K asks leaves Nowell and Cameron stumped, as they both realize that they've never really thought about the nature of the fire within them very much at all. Kuranes tilts his head, trying to take in all that they tell him. I guess if you're born with fire inside of you, it's hard to imagine not having it... Kuranes thinks to himself. I ask because I am told it is possible for me to evolve into something called a Flareon, and I was wondering what it was like to be like that... to be full of fire. My trainer even has a fire stone ready for me, if I decide to become a fire type like you two gentlemen. She also has a thunder stone, and she's hoping to get a water stone soon, too! Kuranes smiles. She says it's okay for me that I haven't decided what evolution I want to pursue yet... I really do not know what fate has in store for me. I was just curious, since you both are fire types, what it is like to be one, and to have all that fire inside of you. Kuranes' ears droop a bit. It doesn't hurt, does it?

Meanwhile, Coselle looks in horror as she sees the white balls of fluff floating in the toilet... Was she vomiting cotton? Was it really true that, despite how she looked and felt on the outside, she was still a Banette on the inside? The realization fills her with a hollow sort of sadness, a feeling of being nothing more than a cheap imitation of a human, a fake, a replica. A sad little imitation of a dead woman.

As she quickly flushes away the white bits of fluff, she weakly cries out, "I told you... I'm fine!" Trying to stand up as best as she can, she had to admit that expelling the bit of cotton did make her feel at least somewhat better. Fussing with her makeup and doing her best to hide her current state, she finally flings open the door, giving the two men waiting outside an innocent look. It was to her favor that there was no smell or evidence of any sort of illness to speak of.

"What? Were you two waiting? I apologize if I took too long freshening up," she comments, before making her way back towards the group to socialize. "Hmmmm, is that Hyrem I see?" She comments, grinning upon seeing the young trainer. "How have you been?"

Meanwhile, Liliana gratefully takes the opportunity to wash herself before letting Peeves have access to the sink. Looking around at all the Pokemon gathered, she seems overwhelmed by the sheer number of trainers and Pokemon around. "Hey Peeves, who you wanna talk to," she asks, unable to make a decision.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 02-17-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #116
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

In response to Keith's question, Coselle smirked and produced from her pocket, the needle. The last time Keith had seen that was Halloween night of 2012, and it was under far less favorable circumstances than now, to put it mildly. Coselle suggested that he not follow her into the room. Keith nodded understandingly. "Good luck," he said before going into the living room.

He heard the door close, heard faint talking sounds from the other room, too indistinct to make anything out... and then the screaming. Ordinarily, the sounds of screaming, of human suffering, would have made Keith feel bad, but he knew that not only did the guys in there have it coming, but also, their deaths were necessary if Coselle had any hope of staying alive. That second point especially helped to clear what sad little remnants of guilt remained in him.

As Keith entered the living room, he noticed Liliana floating towards the doorway. Peeves caught up to her and gently held her back. "It OK," he reassured her. "It something to help Coselle's condition, help her get better."

Keith nodded. "Yeah, don't worry about it, Liliana," he added. "I'm OK, Coselle's OK. What you're hearing is just some very, very bad people getting what they deserve. One of them tried to kill me."

"It is true," Myrtle added, floating over to them. "Tried to slice him up with a sword, and al-most suc-cee-ded, too. And the oth-ers..." she scowled. "The oth-ers are some of the most con-temp-ti-ble scum-bags e-ver to plague this pla-net. Peo-ple who have no is-sue with hun-ting down and kil-ling my kind, for sport."

Keith nodded in agreement with Myrtle.

Keith sat in silence, listening to the pained screams which filled his Secret Base, and thanking Arceus he had decided to soundproof the walls. If anyone was outside the base, odds were they wouldn't have heard a thing. Just to be safe, Keith had closed all the windows before Coselle had even arrived. Finally, the fifth, final, and by far the most agonizing round of screams ceased. The silence was deafening. Keith slowly got up, and opened the door to his bedroom as Coselle hid away her needle.

"All done?" he asked Coselle, not looking at the pale, bloody corpses at first. "How... how do you feel?" he added. Then, he gave a quick glance at the bodies. "Ah, yeah, we'll need to get rid of those," he remarked. Then, he took three Poke Balls off his belt and enlarged them. "Fortunately," he added, "I got just the means to do so right here."

Coselle insisted that she was fine, and shortly after the sound of the toilet flushing could be heard, she emerged from the bathroom, looking perfectly fine, and acting as though she had merely been freshening up. Keith was pretty sure this wasn't the case, but said nothing on the subject as Coselle went off to greet Hyrem.

As Liliana asked who they should talk to first, Peeves looked around, until he spotted a group of Pokemon near Connor, most of them small, with the exception of the Shiny Boldore. "How about over there?" he asked, pointing in that direction. "I no think I meet any of them before... What you say?" he asked her.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #117
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Keith wishes Coselle luck in her gristly deed, waiting outside for her to compete the task. Normally, the blood-curdling screams coming from the other room would cause Keith to feel some sort of remorse, but not only were the victims ignorant, horrible hunters of MissingNo. and/or ruthless murderers, but their deaths would allow for Keith's girlfriend to live for longer than a few meager months, and her life meant everything to him.

Liliana is gently restrained by Peeves, who explains that the screams in the other room are part of something that will "help Coselle get better." Liliana's single eye grows wide, though Keith goes on to also reassure the little ghost, saying that the men who are dying are getting what they deserved. After all, one of them tried to enact a similar fate on Keith for selfish reasons, and Myrtle was more than willing to decry the MissingNo. hunters for their foul and evil deeds.

Liliana looks somewhat distraught, wringing her ghostly hands. "But... but you not authority on who should live and die," she meekly counters. "It... it selfish stealing lives from others. That what Marion say."

Liliana pauses for a moment, her single eye suddenly distracted by something. She seems horrified by what she sees, though those who look in the direction she peers cannot readily see what may be distracting her.

"Souls..." Liliana gradually transitions to her native language; "Fragments... their humanity gone, they are nothing more than mindless shadows, wafting helplessly into the void... Is this what they deserve? Complete and utter destruction of body and soul? Liliana's eye wells up with tears. I want Coselle to live, too... but why does it have to be this way?

Finally, after the last and most brutal round of screaming, an eerie silence pervades. Keith opens the door to the bedroom, and despite the absolutely gristly and terrifying scene before him, his focus is on Coselle.

"I feel... better," Coselle says with a soft grin, her eyes still gleaming with the rush of murder. "I will need to speak with Mary and see what time I have gained... but in the meantime... I guess I feel..." Coselle wanders over to Keith's bed as she speaks, and before she can even complete her sentence, she collapses on the bed, falling asleep. With more humanity likely came a stronger need for sleep in the former insomniac...

Of course, Keith has no issue with disposing of the bodies. After all, given the Pokemon he has on hand, he could dispose of a damn garbage truck if he needed to, let alone five bodies. Perhaps a rather disturbing thing to think about, but damn efficient.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #118
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Liliana was not very much consoled by Keith and Peeves, and she meekly asserted that Keith was not the authority on who should live or die. Keith sighed. "I know it's not ideal," he said quietly to Liliana, "and believe me, if there was a way that didn't have to involve the deaths of others... but I don't think there is," he stated. As she started lapsing into Duskull language, it was Peeves's turn to speak to her as he gently embraced her.

"I know," he said in Duskull language as she started to tear up. "But Lil... I remember when you told me about how you died... You were going to attack the people who killed Coselle. You likely would have killed them yourself if you had the chance, because you knew they deserved it... And those people have all killed, too. Think of the dozens, maybe hundreds of Missingno. that those Missingno. hunters have ended the lives of, some of them could be related to Myrtle. And that other guy would have killed Keith, and he's likely killed many other people before ever meeting Keith. I know most people don't deserve such fates, but sadly... some do," Peeves said.

Myrtle floated over to the two Duskull, and even she seemed to have something to say on the matter. "Liliana, those men, they were Missingno. hunters. You know I used to be a Missingno., right? Those are men who would kill my kind, my family, and think nothing of it. They take delight in killing innocent Missingno. Delight! I have no doubt that yes, this is exactly what they deserve."

Keith smiled as Coselle stated that she felt fine, and was surprised to see her collapse to the bed and fall asleep. He darted over to examine her, and breathed a sigh of relief to see that she was asleep. Wait- asleep? But she was an insomniac! Then again, he realized, becoming human again was affecting her in so many other ways... After ascertaining that she was OK, he quietly opened up the Poke Balls, sending out an Arbok, a Victreebel, and a Seviper. "OK, guys," he whispered to Nagini, Goyle, and Marvolo, pointing out the bodies. "Enjoy. Don't leave anything. Be thorough, but eat quietly, all right? Coselle's sleeping." The three carnivorous Pokemon nodded, and set to work as Keith returned to the living room. He slumped down in one of the chairs, thinking. For all he said about them all having it coming... was this really the right thing for him to have done? Then again, he reminded himself, even if it wasn't the right option, it was looking as though it was the only option. Marion hadn't found anything, and with a time constraint of, at best, half a year, Keith needed to take action. And it wasn't as though this was what he had wanted to go with, either. He had spent weeks wracking his brain, poring over books, trying to think of something, anything. Even Chuck, his Gastly who had spent eight years in the spirit world, who had learned many of the secrets that place had to offer, even he had no ideas to bring to the table, and that was the most crushing blow, as far as Keith was concerned. If eight years of experience in the spirit world produced no alternate solutions to Coselle's problem, Keith was certain that this was the only way. The only alternative would have been allowing Coselle to suffer slow and painful death. And yet, much as Keith was having second thoughts about the morality of what he did, he knew, deep down, that if he had the chance to do it over, he'd make the same call. Maybe would've woken up in the middle of the first night of the voyage to refuel the boat so they could've avoided the pirates, but other than that, he knew he'd do the same thing over. He wasn't comfortable with killing others... but he was not sorry for helping Coselle. Not in the slightest. Because of him, Coselle was going to live longer. She was going to enjoy life as a human again, as she deserved to.

At that moment, Peeves rested a ghostly hand on Keith's shoulder and handed him a chocolate chip cookie. "You not bad person," Peeves said firmly. "I no proud of the way you do it, but you do it for Coselle, and not for selfish reason. She live longer because of you now."

"Thanks, Peeves," murmured Keith. He managed a very small smile as he accepted the cookie from the Duskull and started to nibble on it.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #119
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Liliana listens to the others as they try to convince her that, while the situation was not ideal, it was what had to be done. The little Duskull's expression betrays the conflict within her own mind, as she tries desperately to sort out two warring ideals.

"I know intent was good-" she finally says, but does not complete her thought. She merely sighs, looking to Peeves for comfort. "I wish life simpler, don't you?"

As Keith sat in his living room chair, contemplating the events that had recently occurred from his base, the recently-awakened Coselle gently sits herself on his lap, looking up at him with a curious expression. "You seem upset," she comments. "Why?" Laughing a bit, she wraps an arm around him, pulling her body closer. "You are not the one whose conscience this should weigh on. You may have brought them to your base, yes... but you are not the one who killed them. I was the one who made that decision ultimately, not you. Of the two of us, I am the only murderer."

Coselle sighs a bit. "I would not expect you to have known what would have happened to their souls. I knew this, and I went ahead and did it anyway. It is my fault for not warning you... for getting caught up in the moment, of being so eager to indulge in vengeance for you and for Myrtle that I ignored the consequences. You have a good heart inside of you... I only ask that you understand why I am the way that I am; why I see necessity in what I do. I do not ask that you become what I have become. I only ask that you do not judge me when... when my heart cannot contain its own darkness." Coselle rests her head against Keith's chest, curling up against him as if desperately seeking comfort. "Do you get what I am trying to say? I... I do not want to see you take the same path I did. I desperately protected my sister from developing a vengeful heart ever since she was born... I do not want to see it happen to you, either. I only ask... I only ask that you don't hate me... when I..." Coselle's emotions overwhelm her such that she cannot finish her sentence, though the message is clear.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #120
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Liliana finally stated that she knew that Keith's intentions were good, and expressed a wish that life could be simpler. Peeves nodded at this. "Me too, Lil," he sighed. "Me too." He put a ghostly arm around Liliana to comfort her, then offered her a cookie with his free hand. "Maybe this cheer you up little bit?" he said hopefully. He wasn't sure if such a weighty topic could be lightened any by cookies, but Liliana loved cookies, so Peeves was just hoping that one would at least cheer her up, if only a tiny bit.

As Keith sat, Coselle approached him and sat on his lap, having recently woken up. She told him that he shouldn't be upset, that it was her on which this rested, that while he was the one to bring the captives into his base, it was her who ended their lives. She sighed, and explained that she didn't expect him to know what would've happened to their souls- she is the one who knew, yet she did it anyway. She blamed herself for not providing Keith with warning, and asked only that he did not judge her for what she did, for what she does. She told him that she didn't want him to go down the same road that she did, as she had made every effort to prevent her sister from doing. She didn't want Keith to become an embodiment of vengeance as she was. As she found herself unable to speak further, Keith embraced her.

"I'm starting to understand," he said quietly. "I don't know if I fully understand it, or if I ever will... But I do know this much... I could never hate you," he stated firmly. "Never."

For a moment, he hugged her wordlessly, and then he spoke up again. "If there had been another way I could have helped," he said quietly, "I'd have gone for that instead. But... I don't think there would have been. Chuck, he spent the eight years between his death as a Machop and his hatching as a Gastly roaming the spirit world and learning all manner of secrets... And when I asked for his help, he gave it a lot of serious thought... and in the end, he had nothing to offer, not a single idea. That's when I began to get desperate... The very next day, my Pokemon and I got working on that boat." Keith sighed. "It may not have been the right course of action, what I did... It may not be sitting well with me at all, what happened to those souls, even if they did deserve it... but I'm not sorry I did it," he stated. "I'm sorry that what I did resulted in the destruction of souls... but I'm not sorry that you'll get to live longer." He hugged her a little tighter as he said this, and said no more at the moment.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #121
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Liliana takes the cookie from Peeves, and tries to eat some of it... though she stops midway, looking rather dejected. "I sorry, Peeves, but I not in the mood..." She gives the half-eaten cookie back to Peeves, and floats towards Coselle's room. "Marion teach me how to check Coselle... See how long she has. Lots of signs. I should see if needle even worked."

Liliana bristles at the feeling of death that lingers within the room, and floats over to her former trainer, inspecting her from head to toe. After playing a bit with her limbs and inspecting her skin, hair and listening to her insides, Liliana finally nods, turning to Peeves, her expression difficult to read.

"She have 50 years to live with what she did," Liliana finally says, before floating out of the room to escape the sense of immense darkness that pervades it.

Coselle takes comfort in Keith's embrace, sighing deeply as he explains that he may never fully understand... but he will never hate her, and that while what happened to those souls does not sit well with him, he does not regret his choice to give Coselle more time on Earth. Coselle rests against Keith's body, looking a bit sullen.

"I can only hope that I will make it worth all that you are feeling right now." Coselle grits her teeth. "I should not have done this. I should not have gone through with this without the assurance that it would not hurt you. All that I can do now is the best I can with the life I have been given, no matter how it was obtained... Please. Please, do not bear this burden... The weight should be mine to shoulder. Please, Keith..."

Coselle looks up at the ceiling, in a daze for a moment. "I dreamed of the ocean," she finally says, her voice oddly distant. "I dreamed that the salt water was spraying my face, as my ship sailed towards the shores of Cinnabar." Coselle smiles a bit, though her eyes pool with tears. "Maybe it's just a fluke, but... somehow, I doubt it. Somehow, I have a feeling these dreams will keep coming for as long as I live on borrowed time." Coselle laughs a bit. "Perhaps that is my penance."
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #122
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Peeves was very surprised as Liliana only ate half her cookie. Clearly, this had really affected her deeply. She went to check Coselle, explaining to Peeves that she knew how to check to see how long she has. After her lengthy inspection, she finally determined that Coselle would live for 50 years more. She floated out of the room, likely to escape the sense of darkness that so filled it. Peeves, concerned for his beloved, followed her. As he caught up, he gently took hold of her hand. "Lil..." he said quietly. "Anything I can do? I... I no like see you like this... When you sad, I sad..."

Coselle rested against Keith's body, and stated that she could only hope that she'll make it worth what he's feeling, that she regrets having done what she did, given how it has affected Keith, and begged that he would not bear the burden of what she did.

"You're already worth it to me," Keith said quietly, and with a small smile. Coselle then revealed that she dreamed of the ocean, of the salt water spraying her face as her ship sailed for Cinnabar Island. She started to tear up, speculating that the dreams would keep coming as long as she lived on borrowed time, that that was her penance. "Perhaps it is," Keith shrugged. "So, you're dreaming again? Can you honestly say you don't enjoy it, even just a little bit? I mean, dreaming of sailing to Cinnabar Island on your own ship... regardless of what it would remind you of, that doesn't exactly sound like the worst thing in the world to dream about..." After a brief pause, Keith added, "Given how tired you looked, I'd have thought you'd be asleep for a lot longer. I hope my Pokemon didn't wake you up? I told them to eat quietly..."
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #123
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Liliana looks at Peeves for a long moment, as if desperately thinking of some suggestion that would help. "Peeves... did you see shadows? Did you see... what I saw?" Liliana lowers her head, her body drooping sadly. "Maybe I going crazy... Maybe just seeing things..."

Keith assures Coselle that she is already worth it to him. He asks her about her dream, wondering if, perhaps, she may have enjoyed it at least for a little bit. Coselle sighs. "I did until the screaming of the MissingNo... It was so horrible it woke me up." Coselle's face contorts with pain. "How could they have stood it? That cry... It was deafening. Dreadful. Puts a knot in your chest. Were they so heartless as to simply not be affected by its death?" Coselle shakes her head. "I would have slept longer were it not for that. As it stands, I would rather not go back to sleep and hear that screaming again." Coselle grimaces. "I suppose, since they paid for their sins, I now must take the burden..." Coselle laughs harshly. "How sweet the screams of the wicked... how dreadful the screams of the innocent. And yet, to some, they sound exactly the same. I will never understand that."

Coselle giggles a bit, a bit of the old mischief coming back into her expression. "Though, I have always enjoyed the sound of your screams... Perhaps you are more wicked than I thought." Coselle grins at the idea.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #124
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I... I no sure," Peeves admitted. "I think I maybe saw shadows, but I no sure if I really do... I know you not crazy, though," he added. "You... You very smart, Lil," he reassured her. He gently hugged her, desperate for her to feel better. He tried hard, so very hard, to think of some way to cheer her up. Unable to find any words that would be comforting in any way, he instead opted to move in close and kiss her.

Coselle revealed that while she did enjoy her dream initially, the mood was rather spoiled once she started hearing the screams of innocent Missingno. being slaughtered. Keith could not speak as she stated that that was what woke her up, and that she would rather not go back to sleep and hear the wretched screaming again. Myrtle floated behind the pair, understanding what Coselle was saying perfectly. The screams she described, they were the ones Myrtle could not dislodge from her memory... the sounds of her entire family being massacred.

Then, Coselle began to grin, stating that she had always liked the sound of Keith's screams, and suggested that he might be more wicked than she thought. She was starting to regain a bit of her old mischief in her expression, which in turn made Keith grin. "Heh... Maybe I am," he replied. "Maybe you'll have to punish me later on," he added, his grin involuntarily getting a little wider.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #125
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

As Peeves embraces Liliana, a realization begins to dawn on the female Duskull. Her single, glowing eye widens as the thought becomes clearer within her mind, the pieces fitting together too perfectly to ignore; "Maybe... Maybe I see shadows 'cause I starting to see spirit world," she murmurs. "Maybe I getting strong-"

Liliana's thought is interrupted by Peeves' gentle kiss, which, despite being wordless, speaks volume of his love, and his desire for the little Duskull not to feel any pain or sorrow. She returns the kiss with her own adoration and desire, and feels Peeves' concern and caring for her transform the sadness within her heart... Though she was no longer the innocent, child-like Pokemon that Marion hatched many months ago, having grown and changed through the difficulties of discovering her past, witnessing Marion's horrible incident and Minerva's transformation, and now coming to terms with Coselle's latest morally reprehensible deed... Whenever she felt sad, or hurt, or unable to take what was going on, Peeves was always there to comfort her through the painful process of growing up and gaining wisdom in this odd little afterlife of hers. More than just another Duskull to share sweets with, their relationship had grown from adorable puppy love to a steadfast rock upon which Liliana could fasten herself if ever the tides of her emotion threatened to take her away. In a sense, they had been evolving slowly, steadily... even before this moment occurred. The girlish, naive Liliana had grown more powerful and more wise with each passing day, thanks to the training Marion had given her and the love that Peeves constantly gave her. The time had come at last for her transformation to truly complete itself.

Liliana's body begins to glow brightly; she feels her little hands extend and grow, becoming more human-like, much as Liliana imagined Coselle's had done. Her body thickens, expanding to twice its original height and girth. Two tan appendages grow out of Liliana's back, and an eerie black hole grows within the former Duskull's stomach, leaving an odd feeling of utter nothingness and an immense power simultaneously residing deep within her. It is a truly radical transformation, and Liliana's very mind feels altered by the sudden change... though nothing alters that had not been in the process of changing all along. When the glow finally fades from Liliana's body, she is left permanently transformed into the Beckon Pokemon, Dusclops.

Keith could not think of the words to comfort Coselle, given her awful dream. Much as he wanted to, there was little he could do to prevent these visions from coming to her. Myrtle, who had been listening in on the pair, understood perfectly what Coselle had been hearing. It was a sound that also haunted Myrtle, day and night, in dreams and in waking: the murder of her family.

At the mention of the word "punish," Coselle picks herself up a bit, gently reaching for Keith's chin and tilting his head so his ear is close to her mouth. Her voice drops into a seductive whisper. "Is that what you want then, my wicked one? To be punished? Do you think all that suffering will make you clean again? Quite the contrary, I assure you." Coselle's hand slides down his cheek, as she bites his earlobe just hard enough to make it hurt. Before she can do more than that, however, a bright glow in the other room attracts her attention. "What on Earth-" she starts, moving off of Keith's lap and towards the glow.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases