UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #20576
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Here's praying the all-Pokémon one isn't turned into Bar 3.0.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #20577
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The freeform RP threads are EXACTLY what you make them. Those who participate shape the environment. If it becomes Bar 3.0, then that's because those who participate in the thread are RPing in a style that mimics the Bar (which, at this point, I'm not even sure what Bar 3.0 refers to... Is it referring to the romance? The speed of posting? The fact that it's freeform RP in general? These threads are obviously going to be similar if the same people are posting in them...)

If you don't like the RPing that goes on in the Bar, and want RPing to shift away from whatever it is about that "style" that you don't like, then be the change you wish to see in the (RP) world. Embody what you think the RP should be like.

That's my view on it, anyhow.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 AM   #20578
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Here's praying the all-Pokémon one isn't turned into Bar 3.0.
What does that even mean?
Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #20579
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Tyranitar

You guys know better then to pay attention to Talon, he won't even venture further then UPN to RP.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:12 AM   #20580
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Because this is getting pretty ridiculous, does anyone have any idea why whenever I try to quote something of Tess or Arc's here on UPN it never actually quotes the stuff?
Old 11-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #20581
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
>PMD3

Just saw the ending. (I like to spoil myself)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #20582
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
>PMD3

Just saw the ending. (I like to spoil myself)
This. I've never minded.

Also, damn, I fell asleep for four hours, and suddenly things moved. ;;
Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #20583
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Yeah, this one's notable that:

Spoiler: show
It seems the hero's doing most of the crying this time around. Additionally Hydreigon was also shedding a tear.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #20584
Emi

Soooooo.....why does the Shadow Claw TM cost 2,000 coins more than the Shadow Ball TM?

Also, I am going to post in the bar soon, but I have to get a few gifts first.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #20585
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Soooooo.....why does the Shadow Claw TM cost 2,000 coins more than the Shadow Ball TM?
*shrugs* Maybe the higher critical hit ratio factors into that? I dunno.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #20586
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
BMG officially has two new RP threads in its TO:

The Trainer-Only Nightclub
The Tree Grove: Home of the Mother Tree

Have fun~
Awwwwww. I wanna be able to post in BMG now. ;-;

Quote:
Shadow Claw would be more useful from an RP standpoint. You could cut things down with it, while Shadow Ball is just firing a ball of energy. Also, Shadow Ball is more common among Ghost Types.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #20587
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
Shadow Claw would be more useful from an RP standpoint. You could cut things down with it, while Shadow Ball is just firing a ball of energy. Also, Shadow Ball is more common among Ghost Types.
Shouldn't your claw pass right through the material object, not physically harming it at all, with Shadow Claw? It's a ghost attack. Ghosts pass right through physical matter. I thought that was the whole point with Shadow Claw: physically penetrative but physically non-damaging. The damage is the same as with Shadow Ball and has to do with aetherial stuff. That's always been and will continue to be my take on it. ^^;
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #20588
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Shouldn't your claw pass right through the material object, not physically harming it at all, with Shadow Claw? It's a ghost attack. Ghosts pass right through physical matter. I thought that was the whole point with Shadow Claw: physically penetrative but physically non-damaging. The damage is the same as with Shadow Ball and has to do with aetherial stuff. That's always been and will continue to be my take on it. ^^;
This reminded me of the Durant episode where Durant's Shadow Claw was shooting a claw shaped beam out of its mouth.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #20589
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Because this is getting pretty ridiculous, does anyone have any idea why whenever I try to quote something of Tess or Arc's here on UPN it never actually quotes the stuff?
Ouch, the curse. I had the same thing going on, for a couple few weeks. Kuno said that there was nothing wrong with my account or anything, not that he could see, and that it just sometimes happens. I basically had to contact either Arc or tess every single time it didn't let me quote them right to get it fixed. I eventually had to switch to Chrome (which I hate) because that same problem wouldn't let me edit my ASB Squad Summary.

Fuck Chrome.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #20590
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Ouch, the curse. I had the same thing going on, for a couple few weeks. Kuno said that there was nothing wrong with my account or anything, not that he could see, and that it just sometimes happens. I basically had to contact either Arc or tess every single time it didn't let me quote them right to get it fixed. I eventually had to switch to Chrome (which I hate) because that same problem wouldn't let me edit my ASB Squad Summary.

Fuck Chrome.
Just a thought since I had a similar problem on SPPf a while back: Have you tried opening the quote/edit box in a new tab?
Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #20591
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
This reminded me of the Durant episode where Durant's Shadow Claw was shooting a claw shaped beam out of its mouth.
... I don't even have words to describe how stupid that sounds to me.

EDIT: Meanwhile, in my Pokémon TCG Playthrough, I've reached Rod, the final Grand Master. I can't for the life of me remember his deck, though I assume it's based around Dragonite, so any suggestions about what kind of deck I should bring would be much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by SoS; 11-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #20592
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
... I don't even have words to describe how stupid that sounds to me.

EDIT: Meanwhile, in my Pokémon TCG Playthrough, I've reached Rod, the final Grand Master. I can't for the life of me remember his deck, though I assume it's based around Dragonite, so any suggestions about what kind of deck I should bring would be much appreciated.
He burns through his deck at light speed to evolve all his pokemon RAPIDO, including that goddammned Dragonite.

First time I ever won by the opponent running out of cards.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #20593
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
He burns through his deck at light speed to evolve all his pokemon RAPIDO, including that goddammned Dragonite.

That happened to me against Murray. Fuck Damage Swap.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 11-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #20594
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post

I never had issues with Rod as he's very weak to beatdown tactics. Most of his basics are easily OHKO'd (or 2HKO'd at worst). He can try stalling with Lapras or Kangaskhan, but the former's a bit underpowered and the latter, while providing deck advantage early on, takes a while to power up. Energy Removal + Super Energy Removal will screw him over royally with whatever kind of deck you're playing. Use Gust of Wind for sniping and be sure to pack a decent search engine (4 Oaks + 3 CS will get you whatever you need whenever you need it). Honestly, I find Rod the easiest of them all. He never got to evolve his Pokémon against me. o.o

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 11-24-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #20595
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Last time I played the tcg gb game I built a deck with the three birds and energys. That's it. It worked surprisingly well

Old 11-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #20596
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Tyranitar

I tried to play that game recently so that I could play against someone here but I got bored...I then downloaded the Pokemon Puzzle Challenge and wished that was a game we could play here

Last edited by Takeo; 11-24-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #20597
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I have two decks I love- A psychic deck which kicked all kinds of ass, and a 'Kaelideoscope' deck which was all kinds of awesome (The basic idea was to use a whole bunch of different types of pokemon while keeping to only two energy types. I also had that one Venomoth in it). Been a while since I played, though, so I can't remember the specifics of them other than FUCK YEAH GB JOLTEON.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #20598
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
I never had issues with Rod as he's very weak to beatdown tactics. Most of his basics are easily OHKO'd (or 2HKO'd at worst). He can try stalling with Lapras or Kangaskhan, but the former's a bit underpowered and the latter, while providing deck advantage early on, takes a while to power up. Energy Removal + Super Energy Removal will screw him over royally with whatever kind of deck you're playing. Use Gust of Wind for sniping and be sure to pack a decent search engine (4 Oaks + 3 CS will get you whatever you need whenever you need it). Honestly, I find Rod the easiest of them all. He never got to evolve his Pokémon against me. o.o
Thanks Balmund, I'll keep all of that in mind. It's at this point I wish I had some Wigglytuffs though, just for Doing The Wave all over him. I'll go for a deck with my haymaker cards and adjust as necessary if he gets lucky. For the final boss, he doesn't sound tough.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #20599
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Ugh, I have a wicked sore throat today... Bleargh.

Anyway, new question!

Which of your FB characters (trainer or Pokemon) is the most fun for you to RP?

For me, I really enjoy how Bedivere the male Frillish's personality turned out, and I have a lot of fun writing for him. He is the spirit of a young man from a ridiculously wealthy family that engaged in preparing and cannibalizing their servants in various ways once they tired of other foods. He is incredibly charming and gullible, and wants to help everyone and make them happy, but he also wants to make pies out of the people he meets since he just loves the taste of human. For some reason I feel like I can tap into his mentality more easily than some of my other Pokemon... Not sure what that says about me. O_o

Gadget the Rotom-C is becoming a close second. He's just so adorably hyperactive.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #20600
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

*hides from Minerva* Bedivere is probably my most favorite RP'd Pokemon in FB. As for my favorite of mine, but I think I'm gonna like RP'ing with my Elgyem.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out