UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #26
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Wow. That was...

A complete, total, steaming pile of shit. Their calculations were skewed towards _____ and the end was shameful. Worse was the horrible dubbing, annoying lines, and the animation really was shitty.

Spoiler: show
Also, they favoured the most powerful incarnations of Supes whilst ignoring others wholeheartedly, including the ones where he has real weaknesses, and then gave Goku the weaker powersets. Reeks of a total fanboy presentation.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

I've not bothered looking through these because they looked fairly poorly made, but do they take in to account wildly varying powers of various characters and the fact that comic writers often don't actually understand how characters' powers would work/could potentially be used?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Sometimes. They've been better at addressing that point recently, but that's the big problem with pitting a comic book character versus a video game character. Video games characters have inherent physical limits - if they didn't then the game that they feature in wouldn't be challenging. Comic book heroes tend to have the power to technically overcome anything that's thrown at them, but they wind up having their super-powers undermined in other ways.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment