Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #2676
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Double post!

XYZ Avenger

I'm highly tempted to side this when it comes out against Dragon Rulers. Sending 7 cards from your Extra Deck to the Grave? Dayum son. Even if it is your opponent's choice its a crippling blow.

Also, Swampy, you might be interested in this.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #2677
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
...What.

WHAT
DO WANT
MIX IN WITH HOUSE
AND WHO IS THAT MUMMY I SEE OOH SPOILERS FOR NEW GHOSTRICK

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 11-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #2678
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Quote:
Double post!

XYZ Avenger

I'm highly tempted to side this when it comes out against Dragon Rulers. Sending 7 cards from your Extra Deck to the Grave? Dayum son. Even if it is your opponent's choice its a crippling blow.

Also, Swampy, you might be interested in this.
It being

a) a monster

b) only if destroyed by xyz monsters

Makes it not too good. Oh well.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #2679
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
It's not too bad. You side it in against XYZ heavy decks and suicide into the XYZ, allowing you to rend the opponent's Extra.

The problem is, using up a summon and then taking the loss of a monster and LP for something that doesn't generate immediate advantage isn't all that great. The fact that you don't get to choose what cards to send is what really hurts it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #2680
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

GUYS
who cares about that

WHEN YOU HAVE THESE?

Konami's making it really hard for me to make a deck now. TOO MANY THINGS I WANT TO USE.

Quote:
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 11-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #2681
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Lotso new cards coming in!

I like this one: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gaou,_P...he_Sacred_Tree

Overlay Booster ain't half bad either. I'm going to have to seriously think about using it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #2682
Emi

Okay, holy shit Ghostrick Skeleton looks OP as fuck. 4-5 cards per turn? WTH

EDIT: YESSSSS WE FINALLY HAVE A FUCKING SPY SEARCHER FUCK YOU RECRUITER. I NEED THIS.

EDIT 2: WE EVEN HAVE OUR OWN FIELD BARRIER. OMG GRAVEKEEPER'S TIER 1.

Last edited by Emi; 11-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #2683
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I think I need to make that Ghostrick deck.

Also, new Gravekeepers? Do rikey!
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #2684
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
*ahem*

edit: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT KONAMI
NOW I'LL SEE NOTHING BUT GRAVEKEEPERS

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 11-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #2685
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post

Also, new Gravekeepers? Do rikey!
Yeah a lot of the new Gravekeeper's are making me quite happy. We have a tutor for Spy that instantly sets him up, we have a recycle card for Necrovalley that has 1700 ATK, we have a card that not only stops all non-Gravekeeper effects from activating in the graveyard, but it also prevents new Field Spell cards from being played and keeps Necrovalley from being destroyed. To top it all off, we have our own version of Vanity's Emptiness that allows us to SS but not our opponent, and we have our own costless Solemn Judgment.

Are we gonna rise? MAAAAYYYYBBEEEE.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #2686
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
GUYS
who cares about that

WHEN YOU HAVE THESE?

Konami's making it really hard for me to make a deck now. TOO MANY THINGS I WANT TO USE.
Seems like a case of "Be careful what you wish for" if ever I saw one. You've got one card there that operates like Tensu. You've got another card there which operates like Needle Worm. The former is an example of your deck being given Fire Fist's power as a supplement to what was already your deck's powerful trick. (What I mean by that is, if we were to say that 4-Axis Fire Fist was an A- deck while Ghostrick, when last I played you, was a B deck, the Tensu Ghostrick you've gotten is like something which bumps you up to B+ or even A- yourself. You were already a good deck, even if you couldn't beat 4-Axis Fire Fist or the other big dogs of the metagame! But this introduction gives you one of the big dog's fangs without taking away any of your own claws. ) The latter is an example of your deck being given playtoys that not even Fire Fist, Mermail, or Dragon Rulers could ever hope to get. (Ordinary Needle Worm is banned, last I checked. Maybe he's slightly less restricted now, but the point still stands that Konami likely intends to let you run three of these impostor Needle Worms just because their "drawback" is that you have to splash them in your already-themed theme deck. OoOoOoOoh~! How painful! )

I can easily see this blowing up in your face horribly. Konami basically preyed upon a theme deck whose fans a) were clamoring for more love, b) needed the love, and most importantly c) weren't too many in number to start with. C is important because of Konami's obvious business plan: to pump the theme deck up on Bane Juice, roiding it out for one season, making it something which casual fans and tournament players alike are going to want to go and buy boosters and singles for, ............. and then banning its sorry ass to kingdom come come the end of the season. Basically, "You're a wizard Ye got Dragon Ruler'd, Harry!"

So basically what I'll say is: enjoy it while it lasts, o' King of the Ghostricks. Enjoy it while it lasts. And I am so, so glad that this level of overkill didn't happen to 4-Axis Fire Fist. *phew*
Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #2687
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Seems like a case of "Be careful what you wish for" if ever I saw one. You've got one card there that operates like Tensu. You've got another card there which operates like Needle Worm. The former is an example of your deck being given Fire Fist's power as a supplement to what was already your deck's powerful trick. (What I mean by that is, if we were to say that 4-Axis Fire Fist was an A- deck while Ghostrick, when last I played you, was a B deck, the Tensu Ghostrick you've gotten is like something which bumps you up to B+ or even A- yourself. You were already a good deck, even if you couldn't beat 4-Axis Fire Fist or the other big dogs of the metagame! But this introduction gives you one of the big dog's fangs without taking away any of your own claws. ) The latter is an example of your deck being given playtoys that not even Fire Fist, Mermail, or Dragon Rulers could ever hope to get. (Ordinary Needle Worm is banned, last I checked. Maybe he's slightly less restricted now, but the point still stands that Konami likely intends to let you run three of these impostor Needle Worms just because their "drawback" is that you have to splash them in your already-themed theme deck. OoOoOoOoh~! How painful! )

I can easily see this blowing up in your face horribly. Konami basically preyed upon a theme deck whose fans a) were clamoring for more love, b) needed the love, and most importantly c) weren't too many in number to start with. C is important because of Konami's obvious business plan: to pump the theme deck up on Bane Juice, roiding it out for one season, making it something which casual fans and tournament players alike are going to want to go and buy boosters and singles for, ............. and then banning its sorry ass to kingdom come come the end of the season. Basically, "You're a wizard Ye got Dragon Ruler'd, Harry!"

So basically what I'll say is: enjoy it while it lasts, o' King of the Ghostricks. Enjoy it while it lasts. And I am so, so glad that this level of overkill didn't happen to 4-Axis Fire Fist. *phew*
*Falls from hype cloud to rational ground*

You know, I never thought about this. I'm just way too happy about getting decent support, but it does seem like my new friends are a little bit too good. If this is just the honey before the vinegar storm then I will be really upset because I like Ghostrick for being a surprising deck that no-one really expects until game two. Now, with such bonuses, I'm going to see them everywhere... and I might start resenting them. And I don't want to resent the first archetype I've been genuinely enjoying since Steelswarm.

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 11-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #2688
Emi

I'm pretty sure Needle Worm has never been banned. It doesn't strike me as the kind of card that would be.

New Ghostrick is probably going to evolve into two different kinds of Ghostrick: swarmy Aggro Ghostrick and a more control kind of Ghostrick(we are, however, speaking relative to current Ghostrick, not aggro like Dragon Rulers are aggro). The Shinra archetype seems to have gotten its speed with the new cards, but the thing that strikes me the most is how this deck tries to seem like a better version of Lightsworn. Only milling Plant type monsters, having effects that activate when milled, the ability to recycle plants, the ability to put plants at the top of the deck to be milled. All stuff Lightsworn wanted but either got very little of (Minerva and Wulf for effects that activate when milled, Michael for recycling) or got completely shafted on.

Also Mobius the Mega Monarch makes me want to cry at what Raiza and Caius the Mega Monarchs will be. And the new Bujin support isn't bad. I can definetely see Ruler of Bujin, Bujingi Peacock, and Bujingi Rabbit being used.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #2689
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Needle Worm has never been banned. It doesn't strike me as the kind of card that would be.

New Ghostrick is probably going to evolve into two different kinds of Ghostrick: swarmy Aggro Ghostrick and a more control kind of Ghostrick(we are, however, speaking relative to current Ghostrick, not aggro like Dragon Rulers are aggro). The Shinra archetype seems to have gotten its speed with the new cards, but the thing that strikes me the most is how this deck tries to seem like a better version of Lightsworn. Only milling Plant type monsters, having effects that activate when milled, the ability to recycle plants, the ability to put plants at the top of the deck to be milled. All stuff Lightsworn wanted but either got very little of (Minerva and Wulf for effects that activate when milled, Michael for recycling) or got completely shafted on.

Also Mobius the Mega Monarch makes me want to cry at what Raiza and Caius the Mega Monarchs will be. And the new Bujin support isn't bad. I can definetely see Ruler of Bujin, Bujingi Peacock, and Bujingi Rabbit being used.
I'll probably play a more Control Ghostrick Deck. Or play both, but alternate.
Also, Shinra has peaked my interest

Also YES I WANT MEGAMOBIUS:P

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 11-12-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #2690
Emi

It's funny how they have that "If this card is used for a tribute summon SS it blah blah blah" monster when the only engine anyone is going to use for Monarchs is Frogs.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #2691
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I think I'll be looking forward to the new banlist more than Legacy of the Valiant now. Nothing really impactful came out of use to me...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #2692
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
If not banned, then restricted / limited. If none of these things, then I don't know what to say. I remember wanting to make a mill deck but Needle Worm was either banned or restricted at the time and the other offerings just weren't as good. But memory has a way of playing funny tricks on us ... *shrug*

Anyway, this torrent of Ghostrick love -- first September gave it three or four cards, now December gives it another four cards -- does not bode well imo for the long-term safety of the archetype. People are going to get very pissed off and Konami is going to be forced to release cards which punish the archetype or else to neuter the archetype by banning half of its engine.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #2693
Emi

I'm the same way Talon, except for Bujins and not Ghostrick. Bujins have gotten tons of support and are only in line to get more(we still haven't seen the mystery purple Bujin and Bujintei.) And their support is honestly pretty insane. Ghostricks may have their own Sirocco, but Bujins have their own Kalut. They also have their own Raigeki Break, Mystical Space Typhoon, tech recycler, and oh yeah, they search. A lot.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #2694
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Ghostrick is way too fragile to really merit any hits. It's so easy to side against compared against something like, Dragon Rulers.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #2695
Emi

Not to mention they are terribly reliant on their Field Spell card, which means that any deck that can destroy it easily will easily keep them on the backfoot.

Also, Dark Simorgh.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #2696
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Ghostrick is way too fragile to really merit any hits. It's so easy to side against compared against something like, Dragon Rulers.
For now.

*March sees the release of Ghostrick Big Eye and Ghostrick Dracossack*

Ghostrick Big Eye says "Use any face down monsters on the field as materials for me. (Treat them as Level 2s.) Target 1 face down monster on the field: take control of it." Ghostrick Dracossack says similarly adjusted things.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #2697
Emi

Oh you.

I can definetely say that Silent Honors Ark Knight and Noblswarm Beelzebuth are going to be HUGE when this comes out and DN finally decides, "Yeah, we should add these."

Especially Ark Knight. It's a VERY convenient out to Dracossack. I also want to use Dark Knight but that requires Rank-up, but for Christ's sake that card is broke.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #2698
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Quote:
Quote:
Not to mention they are terribly reliant on their Field Spell card, which means that any deck that can destroy it easily will easily keep them on the backfoot.

Also, Dark Simorgh.
Both such sad truths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
For now.

*March sees the release of Ghostrick Big Eye and Ghostrick Dracossack*

Ghostrick Big Eye says "Use any face down monsters on the field as materials for me. (Treat them as Level 2s.) Target 1 face down monster on the field: take control of it." Ghostrick Dracossack says similarly adjusted things.
YES PLEASE.
Oh wait, they'd be banned to hell and back. NOPE GET AWAY

If only Konami weren't so fickle about their little playthings I might be able to enjoy the 3 months I have left of a decent Ghostrick Deck.

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 11-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #2699
Emi

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I'm correct, you couldn't use any of the Blue Bujins stateside because they weren't released in the TCG until now correct?

That means that Bujins in tournaments have only had the yellow Bujins?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #2700
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't know the difference between bujins. But if it wasn't released in a TCG set, it's not TCG legal.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment