UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

The Guildhouse (Minizone Proposal)

This idea originally arose as a compromise between the Egg House as it stands, and completely gutting and doing away with the Egg House. The intention of this "minizone" is to allow for a relatively periodic gain of Eggs/Coins in lieu of the previously existing shop culture. I want to stress that this is not a shop, but rather a full-fledged RP opportunity. Marion had the rather fantastic idea that to distinguish this minizone from traditional zones, we should have our Pokemon themselves actually partake in and complete the missions. There is a lot of room for potential expansion here, and I'm looking for community feedback.

I think this is an appropriate solution to the issues presented that does not completely gut the original concepts. I will mainly address what I feel to be the the primary issue of the original Egg House. A massive number of Pokemon were distributed to members in a short period of time, entirely devaluing RPing in actual zones as far as the Pokemon resource goes. Under this system, members would be forced to roleplay in order to acquire eggs, earning their keep so to speak (also with presumably much longer periodicity).

The Guildhouse
With so many charming personalities among them, it was only a matter of time before the trainers of Fizzy Bubbles decided to form their very own guild. A quaint wooden hut rests in an expansive forest clearing, a firm symbol of unity if there ever was one. Inside the hut, a plump yet surprisingly menacing Wigglytuff lounges behind a desk covered in paperwork; the poor soul. Minimal lodging and other "homely" items lay strewn about with no particular rhyme or reason, all bathed in the gentle light from the small campfire in the center. On the far left lies a bulletin board, where many notices have been messily pinned for all to see.

The Bulletin Board

Upon approaching the bulletin board, you find a plethora of mission slips with seemingly simple tasks. Each slip includes the details of the mission, as well as a footnote with the reward for its completion. The rewards seem to be more or less separated into two types. When you ask the Wigglytuff for help, he sighs heavily before waving his arms about wildly and animatedly explains the rules and regulations to you with a series of strange gestures, cries of "Wiggly!", and terrible drawings. You have absolutely no idea how, but you have gathered the following:

Missions can only be accepted by by a Pokemon you own, who must complete said mission independent of you and your other party members (Could potentially allow for small groups of Pokemon). There are two types of missions: Egg Missions and Coin Missions. Egg missions will have you travel into the surrounding wilderness to help a group of friendly wild Pokemon (of your chosen type) with some task. At the end of the mission, you will be rewarded with a Mystery Egg of the same type of Pokemon that you helped. This egg will hatch into any first-stage Pokemon who carries that type, or who is part of an evolution line that carries that type, at random (with respect to whatever rarity system we implement). Coin missions, on the other hand, will have you travel out into the wilderness to defeat or drive off a Pokemon/group of Pokemon disrupting the lives of the natives. Upon completion of this mission, you will be rewarded a bounty in coins depending on how difficult the challenge was (difficulty may be specifiable, may not).

Due to a limited number of available missions, each trainer will only be able to take on one of each mission every (X/Y amount of time). Updating is handled in the same style as the FFAZ, that is, anyone can update anyone. Updators will be rewarded as per usual for updating in this zone (or we could offer different, unique updator rewards). At the end of each adventure, the updator will notify the ZA that an adventure has been completed, and the ZA will distribute the reward. Zone captures are strictly forbidden on Bulletin Board missions.

Another iteration of this minizone combines the mission types into one big mystery mission category, where the output for any given mission is variable. If this is done, I would argue that we could remove the time restriction entirely, and simply widen the range of potential mission rewards. (This would cause Bulletin Board missions to function a little more like a zone and less like a shop, which isn't a bad thing at all.)

Last edited by Altocharizard55; 04-30-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
My main concern with minizones, especially minizones with eggs, is that you're 100% going to have the entirety of FB in it. A FFAZ-style of updating is a solid idea to help fix that, but realistically you're going to have to institute some kind of restriction to keep this minizone from being filled up 100% of the time. Limiting the amount of adventures you can take a year (and possibly limiting the amount of quests in which eggs are available as a reward even further) is a start, or even just making it open certain times of the year.

At this point, I'm not really sure we should implement the zone as soon as possible. I think we do need a testing period to determine if we need it, and what kind of limits we need in order to keep people in the other zones. But this idea definitely has potential if implemented right, so I'm open to it succeeding.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development