UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 11-04-2015, 03:36 AM   #51
precita
Boulder Badge

I don't think he was being totally serious. Either way everyone has their own preferences for the female characters, there's no reason to argue about it.
precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #52
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I'm pretty sure he was just messing with you. I'm fairly certain most people here usually don't have that strong opinions regarding the characters.

(Serena is cute btw)

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:24 PM   #53
satosere
Cascade Badge

I agree this isn't really something worth arguing over. Well I have my favorites and everyone else has their's and that's perfectly fine ;)
Old 11-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #54
Mercutio
Banned

#Misty4Lyfe
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:25 AM   #55
satosere
Cascade Badge

#Serena4Lyfe
Old 11-07-2015, 01:04 AM   #56
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Dawn?
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:26 AM   #57
satosere
Cascade Badge

What about Dawn? I like her too. Mostly because I ship her wiith Clemont <3.... I watch XY but some DP here and there.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #58
precita
Boulder Badge

The funny thing is most of the original Misty fans, as in the people who grew up watching Kanto as kids, are now 25-30 year olds adults. And I still see a lot of those people posting about Misty online and making fanart even two decades later.

Its gotten to the creepy point where Misty fans are now old enough to have kids of their own and raise their kids to be Pokeshippers like they were when they were younger. Man, just think telling your kid about your shipping preferences in a show you watched when you were younger. Now there will be an army of young Pokeshipper toddlers brainwashed by their parents into their shipping beliefs.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:06 PM   #59
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
#Misty4Lyfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by satosere View Post
#Serena4Lyfe
Slash4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by precita View Post
The funny thing is most of the original Misty fans, as in the people who grew up watching Kanto as kids, are now 25-30 year olds adults. And I still see a lot of those people posting about Misty online and making fanart even two decades later.

Its gotten to the creepy point where Misty fans are now old enough to have kids of their own and raise their kids to be Pokeshippers like they were when they were younger. Man, just think telling your kid about your shipping preferences in a show you watched when you were younger. Now there will be an army of young Pokeshipper toddlers brainwashed by their parents into their shipping beliefs.
One, I'm only 23 and I started with first Gen. Two, I am not and have never been a Pokeshipper (why the fuck would I need to even think about ships to like a character? I like her on the merits of her). Three, sense does not you make. Liking Misty = must be Pokeshipper = must share shipping preferences with your kids = brainwashed children?

I've seen both Trump and Zelphon each make marginally more sense than that.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:43 AM   #60
satosere
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by precita View Post

Like say, my older sister? She was (and obviously still is) a huge supporter of Pokeshipping and she tells me that she won't ever let her children watch today's Pokemon and so I am excpecting that she'll train her kids to be Pokeshippers. I feel sorry for them. Obviously because I'm an Amourshipper.

And you know what's shocking? I'm not holding it back anymore. I used to be a Pokeshipper. But then Serena came and I just couldn't take that cute childhood background of her and Ash. And what do you expect? I became an Amourshipping fanatic. My sis was pretty mad, let me tell you...

Amourshipping Fanatic. Wow I really do like that as my new nickname
Old 01-11-2016, 02:08 AM   #61
precita
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
[COLOR="SlateGray"]One, I'm only 23 and I started with first Gen. Two, I am not and have never been a Pokeshipper (why the fuck would I need to even think about ships to like a character? I like her on the merits of her). Three, sense does not you make. Liking Misty = must be Pokeshipper = must share shipping preferences with your kids = brainwashed children?
]
The vast majority of Misty fans who watched Kanto as kids were Pokeshippers. Sure, there are people who don't care about shipping in general, but all those female fans who obsess over Misty and her leaving the show was largely based on Pokeshipping.

I think those people really did think Misty was supposed to declare her love for Ash, or that Misty was going to be in the show forever, so when neither of these two things happened, most of them either abandoned the anime or went on rampages for a decade ranting about how her character had to return to the show.

Obviously, these last 13 years of watching Misty stay gone since 2002 when she left and the writers never bringing her back after all this time finally convinced these people to move on with their lives. I think its because they saw Brock coming back after Johto for multiple regions that they thought Misty could come back too.

I think they all finally gave up once Brock left for good at the end of DP, and thus their dream of seeing the original trio reunited was finally dead and buried for good.

Fandom history, you just gotta love it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON