UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #26
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Koi the Kecleon steps on stage, illuminated by a single spotlight.

Koi: This story is now so old, it has passed into legend...

Koi: People still speak of the mysterious 12-year-old moderator by the name of "Jeri Chee" who apparently had a Clefable at one point...

Koi: Rumor is, he still lurks on this board to this day, moderating from the shadows...

Koi: They say he was a feeble 11-year-old who once appeared on this board, drawn by the role play... He escaped briefly, just long enough to become one year older before being sucked back in... a strange force froze him in time, and as such, he persists as a 12-year-old, even to this day, years later...

Koi: The legend holds that he has moderated the Anime Style Battling League. Some even say that he was most recently made a Super Moderator...

Koi: Children are told to watch for the YellowGreen text and beware! This color is the signature of this elusive child, and if you see it, you should be on your best behavior, or...

HE'LL BAN YOU!

The lights flicker off.

A cackle is heard in the distance...

Happy UPN Day!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #27
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Everyone so far should have neat custom title powers now. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
Talon87
時の彼方へ

June 19, 2012 to June 19, 2013 sure did see a lot of stuff happen for me and my time spent on UPN.

I watched a whole ton of anime, with the big nods being the climactic finish to Fate/Zero at the end of June last year and the abundance of community-building threads we had circa Fall 2012 with Sword Art Online, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Magi, and more.

I played quite a few video games. I finished the Shizune path of Katawa Shoujo and started up the Lilly path. I replayed Phoenix Wright 1 and 2 and also watched the Phoenix Wright live-action movie. I gave Fire Emblem (GBA) another try after rejecting it years ago.

I watched a few live-action series here or there too. March saw me finally watching Atsu-hime, something I'd been waiting to watch since 2009.

This past UPN year was the Year of Rejoining Fizzy Bubbles. Less than two weeks after the UPN new year began, I signed back up. And in the past 11˝ months, I've written over twenty updates; I've hatched a Zorua with an Ultra Rare Egg House pass, hatched a second Bulbasaur with a straight-up normal Grass Nature Egg, hatched a Cottonee with the same, and much more; won an Azelf through a fun hunt through the forums; won a Shadow Slowpoke; and much more.

There were livestreams, like phoopes' hilarious Mario toboggan runs in Mario 64 and Yuki's Pokémon White blind run. Daisy's art streams. Kuno's Regamening musical torture streams. And much more.

Things weren't always wonderful. I contemplated leaving earlier this year. And then I did leave. But I was pulled right back in, at the controversial cost to the community of another polarizing member. A second polarizing member was banned last October. It's hard to even imagine that it only just happened this past October, but then I remember that he was posting in many of the very same threads I was that I know are from the Fall of 2012 and it's like "Wow. It feels like forever ago." I've been unfairly accused of a variety of terrible things. I've suffered my fair share of hateful remarks. And there've been a lot of pots calling the kettle black. But that's life.

I made new friends this past year. People I didn't even know existed at this same time last year and yet who are now a part of my daily life in the forums I most regularly frequent.

We made a thread for Touhou in the Entertainment forum and got both Blaze and Kindrindra interested. We all had fun playing Touhoumon for a while, although we all sort of petered out at our own individual rates. ^^; It was fun to see them fall in love with their newly-discovered favorites.

I witnessed the birth of quite a few UPN memes. Even birthed a couple myself. And of course that leads us to ...

{UPC 2013 ENTRY!? ;O} We'll have to see. But those of you who know what I'm talking about know what I'm talking about. And those who do not will soon find out.

This next year looks like it'll be even more eventful than the last. Here's hoping for good things.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

UPN has brought back my love for Pokemon, I mean today for example I had a dream with Pokemon. You have no idea how long it's been since I had one, I was a kid the last time I had one, so thank you UPN for bringing back part of my childhood.
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #30
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

I've done my origin story in excruciating detail and mused on other vaguely related things in previous UPN Day threads, and I don't have anything cool to say or any neat recollections of the past year, so I'll just use this space to congratulate seakittenyfool for remembering to post this year. You did it!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I already have the ability to change my usertitle and tried changing my name once, so I'm just popping in to say "Happy UPN Day!" It's certainly been an interesting year. There have been good times and bad times, but overall I'm glad to still be a part of this place. I've made many new friends (though I've lost a few), and become much closer to several, having met them in person. You guys are all awesome, and I look forward to seeing even more of you in the (hopefully near) future. <3
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #32
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Hmm well!

I came for PASBL I've been here for a few years etc. etc.

I kinda left for a while! I got into Homestuck and Tumblr and I was gone for a couple months. I came back, though! I reset my trainer level in PASBL and I recently picked WF back up. There's quite a few friends who I'd be really sad if I never ever talked to again, and I can only really reach them here, like Jeri and Kuno. And I couldn't possibly leave before The Regamening was finished. I really treasure a lot of the friends I've made here! I'm glad this site exists because I wouldn't know so many of my good buddies (i.e. Jeri, Kuno, Ethereal, & others!) without having come here so long ago. So thank you for everything you've done for me, UPN.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #33
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I <3 all of you. I'll probably give custom name changes to the two people who asked (only 2 people asked, right?). I hope you had a great year and many more to come.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #34
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Thank you Kuno!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #35
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Yay, I can change my user title! Thank you~ =D

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #36
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
If I had more time, I could've added a whooooooole lot more and said a loooooooooot more things! I really do love you all and all your different quirks<3 I couldn't have asked for a better internet home~
I'm totally the naked guy hootin and hollerin and punching the air. Always.

I hate that I missed UPN day. I was seriously sick yesterday, too sick to even go to my psychologist and group therapy, so it was really sucky timing for me.

My story is pretty simple. I came for ASB, and then I stayed, mostly for the people, and ASB. Certain folks here have been really kind to me, and I've really needed it at times. ASB is one of those things that helped me push through, and I honestly don't know if I can say I'd be remotely near the level of mental stability I am at now if I never found the ASB. Some of you guys have really helped me through a lot of tough times, and I do appreciate it. Daisy never fails to make me smile, no matter how down I am. Talking to Muyo is incredibly stimulating conversation that can help keep me sharp. Jeri and I flirt a lot, which is not only fun, but it helps my horrible self-esteem. Even Talon's hatred of me helps in its own way. It helps make this community a family of sorts.
So, although I may be a day late, I want to say thanks, UPN, for helping to save my life.

I would be interested in the name change, if I have not missed the boat on that one.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #37
phoopes
Double Dragon

Posting from a toilet in Bologna. You guys are awesome! (Also this vacation is too)
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #38
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I miss this every year, consistently, and end up posting after the fact that I missed it. God dang it!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork