UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 01-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #1
Connor
Flashbacker

Slumbering Wilds Raid Battle 14: Skiddo!

Raid Boss Skiddo
★★★

Health Gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers

Leo, Shadow Heracross: 400 HP [Flame Orb]
MM, Swirlix: 400 HP [Babiri Berry]
Pippi, Tranquil: 400 HP [Super Luck] [Shadow Lance]
Yuki, Doduo: 500 HP
Slash, Hitmontop: 400 HP [Shell Bell]
Connor, Ekans: 400 HP

The canopy splits apart as a thunderous trotting echoes throughout the air. Two horns emerge first, splintering overhanging branches, but rather than an aggressive interloper this time a much more cheerful beast emerges. Prancing around with a skip in their step, Skiddo seems to want nothing more than to play with the gathered Raiders, clearly under the impression they had brought it upon themselves to greet them. Unfortunately for the spritely goat, the Raiders intend to be a little rough...

Dynamax initiative: MM, Swirlix

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but up $500 may be collected for role played responses of equivalent words, per standard rules, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, 14th January to place your order.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:30 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gavin gave a light chuckle as he drew nearer, approaching the Power Spot itself, noting the super-sized Skiddo's decidedly innocent, playful demeanor. "Ah, fuck," he chuckled. "This is one of those raids, huh? Opponent's just trying to play, and we gotta wear it down, or else it ain't never shrinking back to size," he sighed. "Shit, I hate when it's like that," he lamented. "Probably gonna be all hurt and offended, and then get all angry and fight back, and then we'll fight back, and it'll turn into a whole fuckin' thing," he shook his head. "Eh... well, enough about that," he stated. "There's gonna be a fight one way or another, so may as well get in on it now." With that said, he threw the Poké Ball he'd still been clutching in his right hand. "Sherles! Shine for me!" he cried out.

In a flash of light and a swirl of stars, the ball split open, and Gavin's Shiny Swirlix materialized once again, floating in midair, feet concealed within the fluffy, caramel-colored cotton candy fur as the tail wagged slightly. "Swirlix!" Sherles declared, looking up at the Skiddo intently as aforementioned swirl of sapphire stars sparkled all around him

"Alright, heads up here, Sherles," Gavin muttered. "Dude's being playful, thinks we just came to play, that kind of crap, so yeah, this ain't gonna be pretty," he sighed."

"Swirl..." Sherles sighed in agreement. "Swirlix swirl," he added sadly.

"Yeah, sucks shit," Gavin nodded. "But unfortunately, ain't nothing we can do about that," he shrugged. "Beating this thing in battle's the only way to drain out the excess Dynamax Energy, so that's just what we gotta... wait, what the fuck?" he murmured, suddenly glancing at the Dynamax Band on his wrist.

"Swiiiirl..." Sherles murmured wonderingly- brilliant red Dynamax Energy was whirling around the Wishing Star. The Fairy-type exchanged looks with his Trainer as the both of them were surely thinking the same thing.

"...tempting, ain't gonna lie," conceded Gavin. "But damn, Dynamaxing this soon into the fight? I dunno about that, there's a lot of hurdles to overcome later into these fights that Dynamaxing'd help with... Besides which," he added. "I'm thinking you got a better way to start off the battle, you know what I mean?"

"Swiiiirl..." considered Sherles. Then, his eyes lit up as the possibility Gavin was surely thinking of occurred to him. "Swirl Swirlix swirl!" he declared with a nod, turning back to face the Skiddo.

"Fuck, yeah!" grinned Gavin. "Fuck Dynamaxing, we're gonna start this raid battle off right! Now, Sherles, go for a Fire Spin attack!"

"SWIIIIIIIIRL!!" Sherles cried out, letting loose a whirling flame from his mouth that quickly made to coil around Skiddo, holding it in place, and more to the point, inflicting gradual damage as time went on. A solid opening move for a raid battle, so Gavin felt quite confident that foregoing the chance to Dynamax was the right decision here. How the rest of the fight played out, that being said, remained to be seen.

OOC: Sherles used Fire Spin (35 BP; binds the opponent).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-17-2022 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:47 AM   #3
PippiTallsocks
Cascade Badge

dual wingbeat (40bp x 2, super luck, shadow lance)
PippiTallsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:17 AM   #4
Connor
Flashbacker

Gunk Shot (120 BP)

Last edited by Connor; 01-13-2022 at 10:26 AM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #5
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Frost Breath (60 BP, always crits, Technician)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:55 PM   #6
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Pierce the heavens! Megahorn (120 BP)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:53 PM   #7
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

*Coco looks ready to rip apart the goat, while Puff seems unsure since it looks like it only wants to play, but her sister charges ahead anyway to also piece the heavens with a DRILL PECK (80 BP)*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:42 AM   #8
Connor
Flashbacker

Raid Boss Skiddo
★★★

Health Gauge: 71%
Shields Up: 4
Status: Atk -1, Grassy Terrain (4), Sunny Day (4), Fire Spin (4)

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Overgrowth (140 BP)
Slash, Hitmontop: 232 HP

Attack 2: Sunny Day (0 BP)

Raid Challengers

Leo, Shadow Heracross: 400 HP [Burned] [Flame Orb]
Slash, Hitmontop: 247 HP [Shell Bell]

As Skiddo moves excitedly, prancing left and right in a motion which is simultaneously elegantly terrifying to behold and endearingly clumsy, the Raiders begin their assault to curtail his advances. Swirlix blows a raging Fire Spin which engulfs Skiddo in all sides, clearly perturbing the leafy goat. Tranquil bursts through the fire to deliver a one two Dual Wingbeat, followed close behind by Ekans firing a thickened sludge of Gunk Shot through the tornado. Heracross and Doduo both strike simultaneously, landing nasty hits with their Megahorn and Drill Peck, while Hitmontop brings up the rear with a dastardly Frost Breath, the move powered up menacingly by a critical hit! Skiddo clearly takes poorly to this, summoning their earthy connections and smashing Hitmontop with a nasty Max Overgrowth, a billowing field of grass forming... which is soon accompanied by a beautifully shining overhead Sunny Day.

Dynamax initiative: Slash, Hitmontop

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but up $500 may be collected for role played responses of equivalent words, per standard rules, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Wednesday, 19th January to place your order.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:33 PM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gavin swore under his breath as Skiddo reacted to the Fire Spin. Sure enough, it wasn't reacting well to all this, and the subsequent attacks from Gavin's allies did little to improve matters. Well, in terms of Skiddo's mood, anyway- as far as wearing it down in battle went, they were doing fucking great! As though to drive home this point, Skiddo was quick to generate a shield in front of it, as these Dynamaxed Pokémon so tended to do when robbed of a quarter of their veritable ocean of hit points, and to have achieved that much after only one volley of attacks! A promising first round indeed, no one could deny!

What was more, Skiddo's retaliatory onslaught of attacks only included one actual attacking move, albeit that being a Max Move- namely, Max Overgrowth. The only other move it used was a mere Sunny Day, the benefits of which Gavin wasn't seeing- raid bosses such as these could fire off Solar Beams in a single turn anyway, and he didn't know of any Fire moves Skiddo could learn off the top of his head. The Grassy Terrain that the Max Overgrowth caused to sprout, however, that had his attention somewhat. "Ah, fuck, and doesn't Willa's Gogoat have...?" he muttered, thinking back. There had been a few Colosseum challenges back in Sludge Wave Colosseum where Willa Masters had indeed entered her Gogoat, and it tended to revolve its strategy around Grassy Terrain, up to and including using the terrain to bolster its Defense by way of Grass Pelt, an Ability only ever possessed by two Pokémon- Gogoat, of course, and its pre-evolved form Skiddo. "Shit," Gavin murmured. "I mean, that don't really impact Sherles's strategy, but I hope everyone else here knows that Grass Pelt is a possibility, I was seeing some physical attacks going off..." As he trailed off, he considered the other, more obvious implication of Grassy Terrain's presence- that being, the effect it was going to have on Skiddo's Grass-type attacks. As if Skiddo being a Grass type itself wasn't going to power them up enough as it was, Grassy Terrain would serve to make them all the stronger still. For certain, something to look out for, to put it mildly.

"Swirlix," stated Sherles, nodding in agreement with what Gavin had said. "Swirl Swirlix swirl!"

"Yeah, can't exactly worry about that right now," Gavin nodded. "Right now, this barrier needs shattering, and I think you and I can help with that, yeah?" he added to the Cotton Candy Pokémon.

"Swirl..." considered Sherles, glancing around at his allies, before turning back to Gavin and giving a confident nod. "Swirlix swirl!" he declared.

"Shit, yeah," Gavin grinned, nodding back. "We'll worry about hitting the Skiddo directly after this fucking thing's dealt with, but for now, Sherles, give it a Tackle attack!"

"Swiiiiiiiirl!" Sherles trilled, taking off at once, a soft, cottony missile launching himself at the shield to help try and destroy it. When one puts it like that, not exactly the most confidence-inspiring description, but Gavin knew better than to be deterred by appearances alone.

OOC: Sherles used Tackle (40 BP).
Old 01-17-2022, 05:41 PM   #10
Slash
Silver LO

Dynamaxing
Use Max Knuckle (80 BP)

Last edited by Slash; 01-18-2022 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:23 PM   #11
PippiTallsocks
Cascade Badge

I DO A DUAL WINGBEAT! (40bp x 2, super luck, shadow lance)
Old 01-18-2022, 10:24 PM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

This will leave more than a permanent scar. Megahorn! (120 BP; Guts Boost [burned], Shadow Boost)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-21-2022, 11:23 AM   #13
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

*feeling sorry, Puff tentatively tries a FLOATY FALL (90 BP) instead*
Old 01-22-2022, 07:47 AM   #14
Connor
Flashbacker

Gunk Shot (120 BP)
Old 01-26-2022, 12:11 PM   #15
Connor
Flashbacker

Raid Boss Skiddo
★★★

Health Gauge: 44%
Shields Up: 5
Status: Atk +1, SpAtk +1, Grassy Terrain (3), Sunny Day (3), Fire Spin (3)
KOs: 1

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Growth (0 BP)

Attack 2: Max Overgrowth (140 BP)
Leo, Shadow Heracross: 0 HP

Raid Challengers

Leo, Shadow Heracross: 0 HP [Fainted] [Flame Orb]
Slash, Hitmontop: 371 HP [Shell Bell] (Dynamax, 2 turns remaining)

Shields are rent asunder and laid low, causing Skiddo to panic as the Raiders rally. Heracross smashes into the goat with reckless abandon, his thrusting horn enough to leave the wide eyed kid whimpering in agony. Doduo and Ekans pile on, but Skiddo seems to be hatching a plan. Absorbing the suns rays, he becomes notably more powerful - and with a guttural roar of revenge, a searing Max Overgrowth consumes Heracross, sending him to the depths of unconsciousness even through his natural resistance.

• You have until Friday, 28th January to place your order.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:52 PM   #16
Lil'twick
Insanity

We got murderized. Shield break go.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-26-2022, 03:29 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gavin gave a low whistle, clearly impressed with his allies as they hammered away. The Hitmontop Dynamaxed, breaking through more of the shield. The Tranquill's Dual Wingbeat not only finished off the shield but also did damage to Skiddo itself. And following that, Skiddo itself was completely open to attack, and the others positively leapt on that opening! Gavin raised an eyebrow at the sight of the sinister Shadow Heracross- Shadow Pokémon, he knew of them. With his brother and his father being who they were, how could he not? But these, the Shadow Pokémon seemingly naturally occurring in the Fizzytopia region, they seemed somewhat different from the Shadow Pokémon produced by Cipher in Orre... either way, the concept as a whole never exactly appealed to Gavin, so he didn't pay that detail too much mind, and instead turned his full attention to the insane damage said Heracross inflicted with Megahorn! "Holy shit!" Gavin chuckled. "Skiddo's gonna be feeling that in the morning!"

"Swirlix swirl!" agreed Sherles.

Still chuckling slightly, Gavin watched as the remaining attacks landed. A Floaty Fall from the Doduo, a Gunk Shot from the Ekans... and then it was Skiddo's turn. Gavin's light chuckling gave way to wariness as Skiddo proceeded to use Growth. In the harsh sunlight. Oh, that wasn't good! "Ah shit-" Gavin began, before Skiddo struck, a blow as sudden as it was harsh, a forceful Max Overgrowth that hit the Shadow Heracross, and to general surprise and shock, knocked it clean out! "...What in the fuck of the fuck?!" Gavin exploded, having just bore witness to a Bug-type take such calamitous damage from a Grass move. It defied expectations. It spat in the face of belief. It was a swift kick in the Sludge Bombs to conventional type matchups. And yet, the result was knocked out before them. Fortunately, that was the extent of Skiddo's maneuvers this time around, but it was still a lot to take in! "...Fuuuuuck!" Gavin exhaled. "OK, yeah, I mean, it did just use Growth... in bright sunlight... and, and then there was the, the Grassy Terrain, I guess... and... y'know, friggin' Max Move, thems ain't weak... aaand, I guess Shadow Pokémon do get hit harder, don't they? Huh," he frowned. "OK, yeah, you think about all that together, I guess it ain't that unbelievable," he shrugged. "But still, that's all the more reason we gotta be careful, Sherles," he added to the Shiny Swirlix floating before him.

Sherles nodded. "Swirlix Swirlix!" he responded.

"OK, so yeah, we got the thing to put up another friggin' shield again," Gavin added, glancing at the second shield Skiddo had set up. "Means we're doing good, I guess, so we might as well help break this one, too! Now, Sherles, use Dazzling Gleam!" he commanded. "No offense, man, but you ain't exactly the hardest hitter here," he added with a shrug.

But Sherles shook his head and smiled. "Swirl Swirlix," he responded good-naturedly, before turning around to face Skiddo once more, and letting loose a powerful flash of magical light that would serve to help weaken the shield. No more effective than the Tackle they'd employed last time, but the way Gavin saw it, they might as well have a little variety going for them here.

OOC: Sherles used Dazzling Gleam (80 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-26-2022 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:19 PM   #18
Slash
Silver LO

Max Knuckle (80 BP)
Old 01-27-2022, 09:17 PM   #19
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

*Puff gently PECKs (40 BP) a shield*

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-10-2022 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:40 PM   #20
PippiTallsocks
Cascade Badge

'nother dual wingbeat, please! (40bp x 2, super luck, shadow lance)
Old 03-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #21
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Gunk Shot (120 BP)
Old 03-10-2022, 11:33 AM   #22
Connor
Flashbacker

Raid Boss Skiddo
★★★

Health Gauge: 22%
Shields Up: N/A
Status: Atk +1, Def -1, SpAtk +1, SpDef -1, Grassy Terrain (2), Sunny Day (2), Fire Spin (2)
KOs: 2

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Overgrowth (140 BP)
MM, Swirlix: 72 HP
Attack 2: Rock Slide (75 BP)
MM, Swirlix: 0 HP
Pippi, Tranquil: 265 HP
Yuki, Doduo: 365 HP
Connor, Ekans: 310 HP [DQ Warning!]

Raid Challengers

Leo, Shadow Heracross: 400 HP [Recovered] [Flame Orb]
MM, Swirlix: 0 HP [Babiri Berry] [Fainted]
Pippi, Tranquil: 265 HP [Super Luck] [Shadow Lance]
Yuki, Doduo: 365 HP
Slash, Hitmontop: 409 HP [Shell Bell] (Dynamax, 1 turns remaining)
Connor, Ekans: 335 HP

A number of vicious attacks smash into the bulwark defending Skiddo, and they are soon left undefended. After two brutal assaults from both Tranquil and Ekans, the colossal kid is left staggering - but not quite finished. A bleating defiance roars from their body, and with a flurried strike a Max Overgrowth leaves Swirlix teetering... and the following Rock Slide puts them down.

• You have until Saturday, 12th March to place your order.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:34 AM   #23
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Gunk Shot (120 BP)
Old 03-10-2022, 11:40 AM   #24
PippiTallsocks
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippiTallsocks View Post
'nother dual wingbeat, please! (40bp x 2, super luck, shadow lance)
Old 03-10-2022, 11:52 AM   #25
Lil'twick
Insanity

No guts is sadge bit Megahorn (120 BP + Shadow Boost)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League