• Ironthunder (Dedenne): 300 HP
  • Lil’twick (Swirlix): 300 HP
  • Meetan (Lapras): 300 HP
  • Missingno. Master (Venomoth): 500 HP
  • sixdragons (Goomy): 300 HP
  • Sneaze (Kingdra): 400 HP
  • TheKnightsFury (Frogadier): 400 HP
  • Zelphon (Eevee): 300 HP

The trainers arrived and quickly sent out their Pokemon, not a moment too soon. The giant Sharpedo circled the waters inside the atoll, gnashing its teeth and ready to strike. The dark clouds above continued to roll in and Dynamax energy surged from the Power Spot into Michael’s Dynamax Band.

Dynamax Initiative: Sneaze, Kingdra
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, March 8th to place your order.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:29 PM   #2
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Let's start with stab! Goomy, use Dragon Breath(60BP)!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:32 PM   #3
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Alright Cott, let's start off with a Fake Tears (0 BP)!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:24 AM   #4
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
When in doubt, Thunderbolt (90BP).
Old 03-06-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Alright Naula let's give his (Ironthunder's) pokemon a Helping Hand (0BP)!

Last edited by Zelphon; 03-06-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #6
Sneaze
Mrow?

Let's Dynamax up and hit it with a Draco Meteor boosted Max Wyrmwind (BP 140).

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Dazzling Gleam (80BP) boosted by Expert Belt. Protean switches type to Fairy

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith and Lily looked up at the menacing, toothy beast what swam before them, far larger than any of its kind ought to be under normal circumstances. Yep, that was a Dynamaxed Sharpedo, alright. But Keith was undeterred. What was a Dynamaxed Sharpedo to the man who had squared off against, and killed, the gigantic Heatran that once terrorized Mt. Aduro? And Lily was no less confident- partly due to her Trainer's confidence and partly due to her assurance in her own abilities. She'd gone up against a Missingno. once and came out on top. One of Keith's strongest and most experienced Pokémon, and adoptive mother to a brave warrior Amoonguss. Oh, they were ready. The duo exchanged identical confident looks and simultaneous nods before turning back to their alarming aquatic adversary, ignoring the sound of an approaching helicopter- most likely it was that reporter, Diana Macks, and her cameraman Marv, coming to do their usual live news coverage of these raid battles.

"Let's get this party started!" Keith declared. "Lily, use Bug Buzz, let's go!"

"Venomoth, Venomoth!" Lily replied, preparing to bombard the Sharpedo with highly irritating sound waves. The Swirlix's Fake Tears would no doubt result in even more damage being done- always a plus. Especially considering physical contact moves weren't such a hot idea against a Sharpedo- they were rather notorious for their Rough Skin, after all, and while not all Sharpedo boasted that Ability, Keith wasn't too eager to be the one to find out what the case was with this one firsthand. So, yeah. Right now, Bug Buzz it was.

OOC: Lily used Bug Buzz (90 BP).
Old 03-07-2020, 05:44 PM   #9
Meetan
Soul Badge

"Marina, use Freeze Dry!" (70 BP, super effective on water types!)
Old 03-08-2020, 02:17 AM   #10
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Dynamax Boss Sharpedo
★★★★
Health Gauge: 78%
Shields Up: 0
Status: [Atk -1, Sp.Def -2, Paralyzed, Psychic Terrain (4 Turns Left)]

Raid Boss Attack Summary:
Attack 1: Fully Paralyzed
Attack 2: Crunch (80 BP)
MM, Venomoth: 392 HP
Attack 3: Max Mindstorm (130 BP)
Sneaze, Kingdra 483 HP
Raid Challengers:
  • Ironthunder (Dedenne): 300 HP
  • Lil’twick (Swirlix): 300 HP
  • Meetan (Lapras): 300 HP
  • Missingno. Master (Venomoth): 392 HP
  • Sneaze (Kingdra): 483 HP [Dynamaxed, 2 Turns Left]
  • TheKnightsFury (Frogadier): 400 HP [Fairy Type]
  • Zelphon (Eevee): 300 HP

Ready to take on the Megalodon, the trainers sent out their Pokemon and prepared to fight. Michael bestowed his Kingdra with Dynamax energy, as the sea dragon grew larger and larger. “Didn’t think we’d be seeing another giant Kingdra so soon,” Gary mused as he watched on. The trainers chipped away at the Sharpedo’s health, lowering its stats and paralyzing it. The shark seized up; and in its frustration unleashed a fierce retaliation on the Venomoth and Kingdra. As it finished its attacks, the battlefield started to become a little weird as a Psychic Terrain covered the reef.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, March 10th to place your order.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:19 AM   #11
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Dazzling Gleam (80BP) (Expert Belt)

Old 03-08-2020, 02:21 AM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Let us also Dazzling Gleam (80 BP!)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:25 AM   #13
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Let's help break that shield, Naula use Covet (60 BP)!

Old 03-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #14
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Thunderbolt (90BP).

let's breach some shields.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #15
Thunder Badge

Let's go with a simple Tackle(40BP)!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 03-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #16
Sneaze
Mrow?

Another Draco Meteor boosted Max Wyrmwind (BP 140).

Old 03-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith grinned as the battle unfolded. He couldn't help it- they were off to such a good start. Lily did end up on the business end of a nasty Crunch attack, but the Dynamaxed Kingdra had it even worse, taking a Max Mindstorm at full force that had an effect on the very terrain itself. Of course, its effect on Psychic moves wouldn't help them at all here, considering Sharpedo were part Dark. In fact, considering that that Sharpedo clearly had some form of Psychic move to its name (probably Psychic Fangs, if Keith had to guess, he knew that move was a thing), that was pretty much all downside, wasn't it? Especially considering he was using a Poison-type...

~~~~~

Back in the Poisonous Palace, Willa had just woken up and gotten dressed. Keith not being there wasn't worrying to her- Keith being out and about while she slept in was nothing new. Probably out for a walk, she reasoned. "Good morning," she said as she entered the kitchen, seeing Meowth grabbing a bottle of Moomoo Milk out of the fridge.

"Ehh, I don't tink mornin's da correct descriptive term anymore," Meowth quipped with a glance at the clock- it was 2:00 in the afternoon.

"...regardless," Willa sighed. "I take it Keith's gone for a walk?"

"Dat was da plan," Meowth replied. "Den he got one o' dem alerts from a Gym Leader."

"Oh, another raid?" murmured Willa. Already she was reaching for the remote control, which she aimed at the large TV mounted on the wall, turning it on. In an instance of narrative convenience, it was already on the news channel where Diana Macks was doing her live coverage of the Sharpedo raid.

"...being subjected to numerous powerful moves, but was able to dish out some powerful blows in return!" she was shouting into the microphone, the better to be heard over the helicopter she was in. "That Crunch in particular looked brutal, but the Venomoth isn't too bothered by it!"

"So he's using Lily," Willa murmured with a small smile. "Not a bad matchup against a Sharpedo."

"And Lily's one o' his oldest and strongest Pokémon," Meowth purred. "Part o' his original team o' six back when dat's all he was able ta carry in dis region." Following these words, he finally got the cap off the bottle and started chugging Moomoo Milk, giving a contented sigh after his first gulp.

Willa gave a disgusted sigh at the implications of Meowth's words. "And those are the kinds of laws Team Turnback wants to put back into motion," she murmured, shaking her head. "I can't believe I ever allied myself with that filth..." Electing to say nothing more on the subject, she merely watched the news coverage intently, knowing full well they would succeed in subduing the sizable Sharpedo. With a Trainer like Keith Masters on it, she reasoned, why wouldn't they? Of course, Willa wished she could have gone and helped with this as well, but right now, it couldn't be helped- she'd get to help out with these sooner or later, and she knew she would be ready when that first opportunity came to her.

~~~~~

"...worked pretty well last time, so let's do it again!" Keith was saying. "Lily, once more- Bug Buzz, let's go!"

"Venomoth! Venomoth!" Lily agreed, already charging up the move. Simple super effective STAB, hard to do much better than that.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-09-2020 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:13 PM   #18
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Dynamax Boss Sharpedo
★★★★
Health Gauge: 75%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Boss Attack Summary:
Attack 1: Max Darkness (130 BP)
Meetan, Lapras: 124 HP
Attack 2: Shockwave

Attack 3: Earthquake (100 BP)
Ironthunder, Dedenne: 150 HP
Lil’Twick, Swirlix: 200 HP
Meetan, Lapras: 24 HP
Zelphon, Eevee: 200 HP
Raid Challengers:
  • Ironthunder (Dedenne): 150 HP
  • Lil’twick (Swirlix): 200 HP
  • Meetan (Lapras): 24 HP
  • Missingno. Master (Venomoth): 392 HP
  • Sneaze (Kingdra): 483 HP [Dynamaxed, 1 Turn Left]
  • TheKnightsFury (Frogadier): 400 HP [Fairy Type]
  • Zelphon (Eevee): 200 HP

The trainers and their Pokemon peppered the Sharpedo with attacks, and in an act of frustration, the shark created a barrier to keep them off. The attacks continued regardless, chipping away at all of the shields until they were all gone. In a fit of rage, the Sharpedo chomped down on Lapras with a Max Darkness and then followed it up by emitting a small shockwave that cancelled out all stat changes and status effects. The Sharpedo then concluded the round by rocking the reef with a rumbling earthquake, creating a large ripple of waves in its wake.

• You have until Thursday, March 12th to place your order.

Absences:
Meetan - 1
Old 03-09-2020, 08:53 PM   #19
Thunder Badge

Let's hit it with another Dragon Breath!(60BP)

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 03-09-2020, 09:15 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The raid raged on, and as it did, Sharpedo erected a formidable barrier out of desperation. Not that this stopped anybody- on the contrary, everyone started chipping away at the shield with their attacks until it shattered completely. And Sharpedo did not like that.

~~~~~

"Sharpedo does not like that!" Diana Macks was saying as Sharpedo started lashing out. "Powerful attacks, including Earthquake and Max Darkness! And that, if I'm not mistaken, is that special shockwave that clears out stat changes and the like!"

"Dat ain't good," Meowth groaned. "Dey'd gotten dat ting's Special Defense lowered but good earlier on."

"It's the nature of wild Pokémon that have Dynamaxed," Willa stated. "It's not for nothing the Gym Leaders request the help of multiple Trainers at once for these. And of course, when a Trainer Dynamaxes their Pokémon, they don't get any of those interesting capabilities... though I suppose that's just as well- Eddie believes those capabilities are a side effect of an overabundance of Dynamax Energy being built up, which is also why the Pokémon remain Dynamaxed for much longer."

"Yeesh," murmured Meowth. "Though dat bein' said, I'm wonderin' wat it feels like ta Dynamax... Maybe I oughta go wit Keith ta one o' dese, see if I can't get in on the action. What?" he added, noticing the look Willa was giving him.

"If half the stories Keith tells me about you have any truth to them- and knowing Keith, I'd put the number at well over half- then I doubt you'd have such courage when actually faced with a raid battle, rather than watching one on TV," Willa stated bluntly.

"Hey, I ain't dat much of a scaredy-Meowth. Anymore," Meowth mumbled. Willa chuckled at this, and turned back to the TV.

~~~~~

"We're doing good, Lily!" Keith grinned. "The shields are down, so let's keep hitting it with everything we've got! Full-power Bug Buzz, let's go!"

"Moooooooth!" Lily responded, charging up the move once again. Repetitive, yes, but they wouldn't be repeating it if it wasn't getting results.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:12 AM   #21
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Dazzling Gleam (80BP) with Expert Belt again (remains fairy type)

Old 03-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #22
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Thunderbolt (90 BP).
Old 03-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #23
Meetan
Soul Badge

Well, frickle. Freeze Dry (70 BP), super effective on water types.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #24
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Helping Hand (0 BP) on Frogadier!

Old 03-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #25
Sneaze
Mrow?

One more Draco Meteor boosted Max Wyrmwind (BP 140).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League