★★★

Health Gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers:
  • Sneaze, Pdiove: 300 HP
  • Yuki, Litwick: 300 HP
  • Leo, Litwick: 300 HP
  • MM, Pancham: 300 HP

The trainers arrive to see Wooloo, beeping around because its a sheep. It seems harmless but there's murder in its eyes. Go, defeat the sheep before it defeats you with its fluffy adorableness.
Dynamax Initiative:
Leo, Litwick
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, August 7th to place your order.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:18 PM   #2
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Since this helps us out more in the long run, gonna dynamax and use a Max Flare (90 BP)!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-04-2020, 12:22 AM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Willa looked around, unsure what to make of what she was seeing. She didn't know much about Wooloo, but she knew it was a Normal-type, so surely the thing to do would be to bring Fighting-types. And yet, she seemed to be the only one with that line of thinking- she and Pancham were in the company of two Litwick and a Pidove, and one of the Litwick was being Dynamaxed. There must be more to Wooloo than I realize, Willa thought to herself. Pure Normal-type... and yet, I'm the only one capitalizing on its sole weakness? What am I missing here?

Pancham looked undeterred by the presence of precisely zero other Fighting-types. "Pan pan!" he called back to Willa. "Pan Pancham pan!" Far from looking worried about anything, he looked ready for action, action that he knew good and well had to be taken now- this, after all, was a battle.

Willa nodded, Pancham's outburst having snapped her out of it. "You're right, Pancham, "she said softly. "There's no point dwelling on the minor details at this time. So we'll land a super effective hit right from the beginning- use Brick Break!" she commanded.

"Cham!" Pancham responded, taking a running start at the exceedingly soft Normal-type, ready to land a powerful chop. In the meantime, Willa took her Pokédex back out, wondering if she could uncover any further information about Wooloo that might clue her in as to why she was the only one exploiting the obvious type advantage here.

OOC: Pancham used Brick Break (75 BP).
Old 08-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Okay Pan, let's give this our best second shot! You might not be big this time, but let's lend the other Liltwick our support by adding onto the flames with a FIRE SPIN (35 BP)!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #5
Sneaze
Mrow?

Allison was more than hyped to arrive at her first ever raid battle, a towering lamb stretching over the candy coated island which would be her foe. Her Pidove, Tina, flew around her, equally as eager to fight as the trainer was, but as the two arrived it became a bit clear that she was the odd man out, so to speak. Two Litwick and a Pancham were to be her allies, a Pokemon capable of striking with super effective blows and two very much immune to the type of the boss. The though crosses her mind that perhaps she should have been more prepared given the situation. This wasn't exactly helped, of course, by the trainer of the Pancham giving looks around as though there was only one way to take on a boss.

Trying to shake off the predicament, Allison speaks to the Pidove for a moment, "Okay, so we may not be the best matchup or trainer for this... but we can do it! It's just a Wooloo, after all!"

Tina, far less bothered by everything going on than her trainer, simply begins to preen her feathers in waiting, meanwhile the other trainers were much quicker to action than Allison, already issuing orders to their Pokemon.

"You're right, Tina! This will be a breeze with others here to help us!" The trainer began to get hyped, pointing off towards the Wooloo, causing the Pidove to fly off towards the fight. "Okay, let's hit it as hard as we can! Give it a Heat Wave!"

OOC: Tina used Heat Wave (95 BP)!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dynamax Boss Wooloo
★★★

Health Gauge: 72%
Shields Up: 3
Status: Sun (4 Turns Remaining), Electric Terrain (4 Turns Remaining), +3 Defense

Attack 1: Max Lightning (130)
MM, Pancham: 170 HP
Attack 2: Cotton Guard (00 BP)

Wooloo has drastically raised its defense!
Raid Challengers:
  • Sneaze, Pidove: 300 HP
  • Leo, Litwick: 500 HP (Dynamaxed, 2 turns remaining)
  • MM, Pancham: 170 HP

In something that hasn't happened in a while, we get a first turn dynamax from one of the Litwicks! It's the little guy's first time dynamaxing and boy does he feel weird. But, he's also a good boy and sets up sun for the rest of his team. Good thing too, because a Heat Wave and Fire Spin follow it up. Wooloo bleats in fear as it gets surrounded by the fire, its Fluffy coat drastically increasing the damage done. The Fire Spin stays too, doing some nasty chip damage. One team mate didn't get the memo, however, and Pancham uses a brick break against the fluffy sheep. Its coat halves all damage done by contact moves. Should've brought some fire. Wooloo retaliates with a Max Lightning, hitting the Pancham and setting up electric terrain for itself in case that pesky pigeon tries anything. It then sets up a Cotton Guard, further emphasizing "Kill it with Fire."
Dynamax Initiative:
Leo, Litwick
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, August 9th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 08-05-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:18 PM   #7
Lil'twick
Insanity

Gonna shield break here with another Max Flare (90 BP)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-06-2020, 04:01 AM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Wooloo's Ability- Fluffy," said Willa's Pokédex. "Wooloo only takes half the usual damage from moves that make physical contact, but takes extra damage from Fire attacks."

Willa was speechless. Now it all made sense- she was the only one to bring a Fighting-type to take on this Normal-type, while the other combatants were two Litwick and a Pidove that turned out to know Heat Wave. This was why she was the only one exploiting the obvious type advantage- because effectively she wasn't! All of Pancham's Fighting attacks required physical contact, and even as Willa looked on, Pancham landed the Brick Break, and the damage was piddly. And worse still, Willa knew that this wouldn't be a problem if only Pancham had a different Ability- Mold Breaker would have served them so well here, but no, Pancham had to have Scrappy when he never did have any issues attacking Ghost-types in the first place!

"Pan!" exclaimed Pancham as he glared up at Wooloo. He then glanced back at Willa expectantly. "Pan Pancham?" he called.

"...this was a mistake," Willa murmured to herself, looking down. "I chose for this based purely on type. I never thought to consider possible Abilities." She took a deep, shuddering breath. "...no," she said, softly yet firmly. "Not a mistake. Type matchup isn't everything." She looked back at Pancham, who was not looking deterred in the slightest by how little his Brick Break had done compared to all the Fire moves. This is no time to be feeling sorry for myself, Willa thought to herself. Pancham... Pancham is ready for this, even if we don't have the type advantage we thought we would. Ready to fight, even if he doesn't have an especially obvious advantage. So who am I to let him down?

"Pan! Pancham!" Pancham called urgently as Wooloo erected a large barrier.

Willa nodded. The Dynamaxed Litwick hit the shield hard, but not quite hard enough. That said, just one more blow... "Let's take out the shield completely!" she called out. "Use Brick Break once more!"

OOC: Pancham used Brick Break (75 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-08-2020 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

FLAME BURNINATE BURST (70 BP)!

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 08-06-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #10
Sneaze
Mrow?

Heat Wave (95 BP)

Old 08-08-2020, 11:20 PM   #11
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dynamax Boss Wooloo
★★★

Health Gauge: 47%
Shields Up: 3
Status: Sun (3 Turns Remaining), Electric Terrain (3 Turns Remaining), Fire Spinned (3 Turns Remaining), +2 Defense, -1 Sp. Def

Attack 1: Max Lightning (130 BP)
Sneaze, Pidove: 46 HP
Attack 2: Wild Charge (90 BP)

Leo, Litwick: 383 HP
Raid Challengers:
  • Sneaze, Pidove: 46 HP
  • Leo, Litwick: 383 HP (Dynamaxed, 1 turn remaining)

THe Dynamaxed Litwick and the Pancham work together to break the shields, while the other Litwick and the Pidove work together to burn Wooloo alive. It seems to work, but isn't quite enough. Wooloo goes on the counter offensive, using another Max Lighting to fry the Pidove, leaving it in critical health. It then uses Wild Charge, hoping to fell the bird but instead finding a mark on its Dynamaxed foe. THe Litwick takes the attack, shrugging it off as Wooloo takes recoil. It then gets consumed by the Fire Spin once again, causing it to throw up its second set of shields. THis poor sheep will taste delicious soon. Just slather the mint jelly!
Dynamax Initiative:
Leo, Litwick
  • You have until Wednesday, August 12th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-08-2020, 11:21 PM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

I shall burninate another set of shields with my Max Flare (90 BP)!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-08-2020, 11:27 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The shield of a wild Dynamaxed Pokémon was a powerful defense, but not indestructible. The gathered Trainers proved that, and while the Litwick's Max Flare did the bulk of the damage to it, Pancham's Brick Break was the straw that broke the Camerupt's back. Following this, the other Litwick and the Pidove were free to unleash heinously powerful Fire moves that Wooloo most certainly didn't appreciate. In no time at all, Wooloo was already pushed to the point of putting up another shield.

"Hm," Willa murmured. Once again, the Dynamaxed Litwick was going at the shield with Max Flare. And once again, that seemed to be just not enough to completely shatter it. She gave a small sigh- the way forward here was painfully obvious. The last of the shield had to be shattered by the weakest link in this raid battle, and much as it pained her to think this, Willa knew she was it.

No. No, Willa shook her head- she couldn't keep thinking that way. Things were going well here, and even if she wasn't the biggest contributing factor to that, she was still part of the reason things had gone so smoothly thus far. She took a deep breath and nodded to Pancham, who had been looking back at her. Pancham grinned, nodded in return, then turned back to face Wooloo.

"Once again, break the shield!" Willa called out. "Pancham! Karate Chop!"

"Cham!" Pancham responded, running at the shield once more, ready to deliver another devastating chop that would shatter it. Not quite on the same level as Brick Break, but such things didn't actually matter against shields like this- a Tackle would have fared just as well as a Giga Impact.

OOC: Pancham used Karate Chop (50 BP; high crit chance).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-09-2020 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:38 PM   #14
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Mm crispy~ Did someone order an extra FLAMETHROWER (90 BP)?
Old 08-10-2020, 07:50 AM   #15
Sneaze
Mrow?

Heat Wave (95 BP)

Old 08-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #16
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dynamax Boss Wooloo
★★★

Health Gauge: 18%
Status: Sun (2 Turns Remaining), Electric Terrain (2 Turns Remaining), Fire Spinned (2 Turns Remaining), +1 Defense, -2 Sp. Def

Attack 1: Max Strike (140 BP)
It doesn't effect the opposing Litwick...
Attack 2: Double-Edge (120 BP)

It doesn't effect the opposing Litwick...
Raid Challengers:
  • Leo, Litwick: 230 HP

With the rest of the shiels broken, operation BURNINATE goes through. Wooloo is horribly abused by the small Litwick and the Pidove. It tries using some hard hitting moves, but ends up just hitting the two Litwicks. The dynamaxed one then shrinks.
Dynamax Initiative:
Expired
  • You have until Saturday, August 15th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The shields went down, and the heat was on! Literally- the now defenseless Wooloo was promptly bombarded with heinously powerful Fire attacks, each one incinerating more hit points than you can fathom. When it all stopped, Wooloo was severely weakened, but by no means at its limit. It lashed out once more, and though Willa tensed up, the feasibly forgetful fluffball aimed a pair of Normal attacks... at the Litwick.

On the one hand, Willa was relieved that Pancham hadn't taken any damage this time. On the other hand, were it not for those Litwick, something absolutely would've taken some serious damage- Pancham was a Fighting-type, no type immunities to speak of, he wasn't about to pull off the same kind of feat with any sort of move.

Willa took a deep breath to steady herself. No- she wouldn't let her self esteem take yet another hit. Pancham belonged here. Pancham was doing good. And as she looked on, Pancham was raring to go. But what should they use? Between Fluffy and the boosted Defense from Cotton Guard (albeit less so after the shields went down), surely none of Pancham's attacks would-

...how had she forgotten? Willa allowed herself a small smile as it dawned on her- Pancham did have another option. One that cared not for Fluffy or for the boosted Defense. It wasn't the most optimal option from a type matchup standpoint, but right now it was their best bet to deliver some actual big damage in this fight.

"We're almost there!" Willa declared. "So Pancham, use Dark Pulse now!" she commanded.

"Pan!" grinned Pancham, holding his front paws together, forming a bundle of Dark-type energy between them, preparing to unleash it in a volley of powerful energy rings.

OOC: Pancham used Dark Pulse (80 BP)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-12-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #18
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Finish the floof with FIRE BLAST (110 BP)!
Old 08-11-2020, 05:36 PM   #19
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dynamax Boss Wooloo
★★★

Health Gauge: 0%

Raid Challengers:

Wooloo gets burninated and destroyed by Fire Blast. Delicious. Have your rewards!
  • 20 Watts
    x1 TR Tri Attack
    x3 Chilan Berries
    +3 Levels to participating Pokemon (+6 Levels if Pokemon is below level 30)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-11-2020, 06:45 PM   #20
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey BURNINATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Wooloo gets burninated and destroyed by Fire Blast. Delicious. Have your rewards!
  • 20 Watts
    x1 TR Tri Attack
    x3 Chilan Berries
Beep beep! Picking up:

20 Watts
1x TR TRI ATTACK
3x Chilan Berries
+6 Levels
(raises Lv. 29 Liltwick to Lv. 35)

Thanks, Lilt~
Old 08-12-2020, 10:47 AM   #21
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Dynamax Boss Wooloo
★★★

Raid Challengers:

• 20 Watts
    x1 TR Tri Attack
    x3 Chilan Berries
The Wooloo had fallen, but Willa wasn't feeling very celebratory. Sure, Dark Pulse had landed, and sure, it did damage, but it was thoroughly eclipsed by the Litwick's Fire Blast. Willa couldn't shake the feeling that even if she hadn't given Pancham a command, the Fire Blast would have finished the job anyway. It just added to the creeping feeling of uselessness she'd been struggling with throughout the raid, and what was worse was knowing that this was entirely her fault- some cursory research on Wooloo's Abilities would have been enough to tell her that she should have brought something with Fire attacks. Gyarados or Probopass would have been good picks.

"Pan pan! Panpan Pancham!" Pancham exclaimed, interrupting Willa's most melancholy train of thought. The Playful Pokémon was jumping up and down, beyond thrilled with the outcome of the fight, and even though Willa knew, better perhaps than Pancham ever would, that Pancham's role in this fight was super minimal, if not completely unnecessary, the sight of her Pokémon so happy couldn't help but make her smile somewhat.

And as Pancham ran over to his Trainer, Willa couldn't deny- they had played a role in this victory, no matter how small. They contributed to breaking the shields, eliminating the need for the more capable allies to expend their moves on them when they could be better spending their time attacking Wooloo directly. It wasn't much, but it did at least get Willa to concede that she and Pancham weren't completely useless here. And in addition to that, Pancham was looking a bit stronger for all of this, so it wasn't as though they weren't benefiting from this experience.

Pancham got stronger, and now I know to do a bit more research on these opponents before just picking based on type matchups alone, Willa thought to herself as she and Pancham headed home. And we didn't even hold the others back, did we? I suppose this could have been worse.

*Obtained 20 Watts!*

*Willa obtained a TR19 Tri Attack!*

*Obtained 3 Chilan Berries!*

*Pancham was elevated to level 20!*

*Pancham learned Comet Punch!*

*Pancham learned Low Sweep!*

*Pancham learned Slash!*

Using my new TR on my Drowzee.

*Remy learned Tri Attack!*
Old 08-15-2020, 07:48 PM   #22
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:

Dynamax Boss Wooloo
★★★

Raid Challengers:

• 20 Watts
    x1 TR Tri Attack
    x3 Chilan Berries
Claiming these! William goes to level 21.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #23
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:

Dynamax Boss Wooloo
★★★

Raid Challengers:

• 20 Watts
    x1 TR Tri Attack
    x3 Chilan Berries
Claiming the above

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League