UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 01-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
phoopes
Double Dragon

Secret Santa 2017: The Unwrappening

Hi friends! While Secret Santa is a bit smaller this year and a lot late, let's all warm our hearts at the nice little collection of presents here. I'll be posting all of them individually, as per tradition.

If you haven't done your request yet you can always do it late! If you're going to be late just post it in here.

Also there were some unclaimed wild cards so if you want to do one of those just post it in here, no restrictions!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #2
phoopes
Double Dragon

First up, we have a request from Mew the Gato!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew the Gato
A Wooper and a Quagsire.
This request was fulfilled by the lovely DaisyInari, who says...
Quote:
I hope Mew enjoys!
Spoiler: show
Old 01-28-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
phoopes
Double Dragon

Next, a Wild Card request. Ooooh, exciting! This one comes from lilbluecorsola!

"Angel" is the request... and it's picked up by Daisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari
Hope they enjoy~
Old 01-28-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
phoopes
Double Dragon

Our next request comes from the esteemed Talon87!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
In that case ...

For the artist who wants a specific project:

Panel 1: a sleeping baby Cosmog sleeping in the dark black void of space (no stars or anything, just Cosmog)

Panel 2: zoom in on the Cosmog (maybe all we can see now is one of its closed eyes, we're zoomed in so much? I dunno. Artist, figure it out!)

Panel 3: zoom further in, we are now zoomed "inside of" Cosmog and can see nebulae and stars inside of Cosmog's body

Panel 4: zoomed further in, we see the back of a man, standing in the star-and-nebula-studded void of space like an astronaut standing in zero G. The man is Cyrus, discernible from his costume and hair style (and hair color if in color; can be B&W, it's fine, especially since this is multiple panels).

Panel 5: a black screen with only these words + quotation marks: "The birth of a new world ... a world without strife ..."

Bonus panel (in typical "after the chapter"-fashion manga simplistic style; see below explanation): Lillie saying "GET IN THE BAG, NEBBY!" with a consternation face, the open duffle bag (she can be holding it open and gesturing, it can be open on the ground and she's pointing to it, whichever!), and the second / the lower right of these two faces for Cosmog's face. Basically lifted straight out of the Sun & Moon games.

("After-the-chapter" explanation: here is one artist's normal style, followed immediately by his after-the-chapter style. If you read manga, you've probably seen this done before. Some do it, some don't. It's usually in gag or comedy mangas, and works well here ofc as a funny after-the-fact punchline to serve as a nice contrast to the "OH SHYEET :o" nature of the original panels that exist on their own.)
And it was fulfilled! By Heather! Who has this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
Hey-o, It's time to turn in! WARNING: This is a hand-drawn image and is thus BIG MCLARGEHUGE! Like, seriously, if you want to post the image itself you might want to find one hell of a scale down tool because this is the colossal titan of images-Here's a share link if they want to see full size after!

Said the artist of her work...

So panel 5 isn't white text on black, but such is life when you're using mechanical pencil and nothing else-I think this turned out better for being hand drawn in the end. I was considering doing option 2 and drawing Red and Blue Mantine surfing (maybe with Pikachu joining in), but just drawing that chibi-style Lillie was hard enough! Regardless, I hope this satisfies!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #5
phoopes
Double Dragon

Ho ho ho! Another request, I see! From Heather this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
My request this year is simple: an Empoleon spending Christmas with her trainer Nah, let's leave that in the past, or at least leave it for a year that I don't have a better idea. Instead, how about a UPN-avatar size picture of a Chatot wearing Celeste's trademark pink bow?
EDIT: Totally forgot to post it being fulfilled... which it was by Mew the Gato! Give me a hot sec

EDIT2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew The Gato
Here is the avatar-sized version:

Here is the full-sized version:

Old 01-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
phoopes
Double Dragon

And we have another request! From Shuckle, wanting to relive a grand moment from long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle
A dramatic snapshot of GMII, wherein a brave Pelipper served as aerial transport for an indomitable Shuckle. Optional - winter-themed, where both are dressed in cute winter outfits and knit caps, and Shuckle is holding snowballs and hunting for targets.
This request fulfilled by Coolz8!

Quote:
Old 01-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #7
phoopes
Double Dragon

Aaaaannnddd...

That's it! So far! As I said before if you need more time to complete a request that's okay! This year's secret santa is all about being late lol. Just post your completed request in this thread whenever you can!
Old 01-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
Heather
Naga's Voice

OMG Mew its beautiful I love it so much thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:20 PM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

*dies* That angel is fabulous Hon thank you~ ;-; (That Wooper and Quagsire are super-cute too. <3)

Sorry for not submitting anything even with the deadline extension. ^^; I thought I would have less time than anticipated to do my request last week so I wound up just putting it off... Then I ended up having more time than I expected and still procrastinating. XP *shot*

I'll get to it at some point, I promise. OTL *inb4 2 years late like Kamen's commission*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:52 PM   #10
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

MEW THE CHATOT IS SO FREAKING ADORABLE AHHHHH HEATHER YOU MADE SUCH A GREAT REQUEST

Heather your chibi Lillie is so cute ;o; Nebby is like "PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER... itty bitty living space :v"

And Coolz!! Your picture has such a great perspective on it and I love how colorful the background is!!! The scarves look good on them, you did an awesome job *nod*

I had a lot of fun with Mew's request! As for the Angel wildcard, I did the lineart back at the beginning of the month and then put the rest of the coloring off til the 24th xd; I'm glad it was for you Yuki :> <3

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #11
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
As for the Angel wildcard, I did the lineart back at the beginning of the month and then put the rest of the coloring off til the 24th xd; I'm glad it was for you Yuki :> <3
*procrastinator hi-five*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:36 PM   #12
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
I was wondering how a pelipper wore a scarf

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:47 PM   #13
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Thanks very much, Heather. I figured if anyone else here would like the idea I had for this comic it would be our resident Gen IV fangirl. What a coincidence, then, that you got to experience it before anyone else and as the artist to boot!

Inspired ofc by Men in Black (spoilers!). Had the same Aladdin quote cross my mind, Daisy, during the creation process. Dat duffel bag!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:15 PM   #14
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Thanks very much, Heather. I figured if anyone else here would like the idea I had for this comic it would be our resident Gen IV fangirl. What a coincidence, then, that you got to experience it before anyone else and as the artist to boot!

Inspired ofc by Men in Black (spoilers!). Had the same Aladdin quote cross my mind, Daisy, during the creation process. Dat duffel bag!
Glad you liked it!

...This means I need to start trying to draw again, doesn't it.

EDIT: Just noticed you made the last panel your avi, it's gonna be weird not seeing that old gif, especially weird seeing my art in place of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 01-28-2018 at 11:31 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:41 PM   #15
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
EDIT: Just noticed you made the last panel your avi, it's gonna be weird not seeing that old gif, especially weird seeing my art in place of it!
Roughly two years and seven months. There have been many contenders for the honor of C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER, but none made it across the finish line alive. Until now.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:07 AM   #16
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I already forgot what Talon's old avatar was. Wasn't it the girl fanning herself with money?

Anyway, my request has not arrived yet. I will continue to hope. Zuuto zuuto...until springtime, for Hitler and Germany.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:31 AM   #17
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Spoiler boxing reply because it's pretty OT and I don't want to be disrespectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I already forgot what Talon's old avatar was.
How do you forget the Four Wude!? I only had it up for two years and seven months! I should hope that everyone here by now has all four of them memorized! ;P

(You can still temporarily see it here. I don't think it'll be visible there much longer, sadly. Seems like UPN clears out old avatars after a time. Makes sense as a space-saving tactic, but is sad to me since it's also a scrapbook-destroying one.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Wasn't it the girl fanning herself with money?
That's still my account profile picture, of which I've apparently only ever had three. (Currently visible here.) And I should hope that you of all people on this forum would recognize the girl in question. ... Well, I used to be able to say that. Now Emi would definitely kick your butt for that prize, and I think Kamen's a solid contender too.

On topic, I'd like to say thank you once again to phoopes for carrying on this tradition this year in Hana's absence. It is truly heartwarming to see the community come together like this.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:04 AM   #18
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
js, still getting mine done because I've been busy af

STAY TUNED

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction