UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #38976
Meetan
Soul Badge

The origins of my username are unsurprisingly idol. There was a member in AKB48's Team K called Ohori Megumi, or Meetan, essentially the 'sexiest' member of the 48 group during her time. She wasn't massively popular and was often pushed to the back, but when she moved to the adult group (SaturDayNight48/SDN) she was the most popular there even if staff still went against her there. When SDN48 broke up, she seemed to leave the entertainment industry and is now married with a daughter! Meetan also has a home economics degree. :3

So yeah, there ya go. <3 It's nice to ramble about her sometimes.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #38977
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer

Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Mon1010

I like Pokemon and Digimon, and by birthday is October 10 (1010)

I use Monster Guy on Serebii so I could use girly avatars, and RP as female characters and people would know I was male. That, and so people would stop making Jamaican jokes. :P

Phantom Zone is the only zone that's even remotely active tbh. And the only updator there posted in the Updator Absences thread that he'll be busy until mid-March. And he can't take any more people there.

I'd try to become a Zone Updator, but I kind of don't want to. It seems stressful.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #38978
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
Phantom Zone is the only zone that's even remotely active tbh. And the only updator there posted in the Updator Absences thread that he'll be busy until mid-March. And he can't take any more people there.

I'd try to become a Zone Updator, but I kind of don't want to. It seems stressful.
Yeah I think I'm going to start on writing a few updates next week or maybe the week thereafter. You can already work on an intro post if you want. So heads up to those of you who are already in an adventure on Phantom Isle but haven't replied yet!

I can't speak for others but I think the stress of a being a Zone Updator would decrease if we had a lot more of them ;p
Also, in my case it helps to find a working rhythm and set up limits for visitors if it gets too much. I also have a few songs I listen to to try and get in the mood of writing.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 03-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #38979
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

I would become an updator but my phone can't handle posts with more than 600 words.
I will do my best to make things easier
which brings up a question, does frieghya(espeon)'s evolution count in official zones or do I have to wait untill the adventure is over?

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
Old 03-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #38980
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Pfft, dependent on ech updator who does it differently.
As far as I'm concerned, you can write in the evolution as if it were happening then and there in the adventure, or we can turn a blind eye and just have it continue as an Espeon.
Or of course you can just continue with Eevee if you prefer

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 03-04-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #38981
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
On the topic of names, boring story behind mine: Me and some friends were playing an online game, I needed some name for a few planets I colonized and my friend came up with a bunch. Including the one I have as name, cause I really liked it. And that's been well over 10 years ago.

As for updating, I am considering it. But I'm already quite lacking in time, so if I, after finishing Meetan's adventure in the FFA zone, decide to try and become one I probably won't be up updating too many people at the same time :x
But that all highly depends on how I and Meetan view the quality of my updates.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #38982
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I'd love to apply to become an updator, but according to the Arcane Zone intro, I have to finish an adventure there, first.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #38983
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

We're talking names, huh? Mine's a touch on the funny side, if I do say so myself. During 8th, the officials decided to sign everyone up for a sort of college preparation site, and came up with a username creation system that would be 'easy to remember' and would get everyone in: your birth date, followed by the first three letters of your last name, the first three letters of your first name, and your middle initial (if applicable; capital when appropriate). This gave me 2404MedManA (make of that what you will).

Now, under normal circumstances, this wouldn't have been too big a deal since we literally had to make a new username every year or so, but this combination actually sounded halfway decent for once- and I could come up with a sort of 'secondary meaning' for it: 'Med' can be short for 'medicinal' and 'Mana' can refer to the energy that fuels magic- thus, 'MedMana' could be translated as 'Medicinal Magic', or 'White Magic' as it's more commonly called. Given that 8th grade started my period of emotional healing, it seemed like an especially good fit at the time.

...It wasn't until last summer that I realized that it could also be translated as 'Half-Baked Flatbread'. You'd have to be thinking really outside of the box to come up with that one, but it is a thing.

Side note, here's a (belated) welcome to the new person! And don't worry about the internet drop- it ate a post I tried send five times before I realized the problem wasn't with my school's lousy wifi!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 03-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #38984
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

I downloaded this app while I was in the bathroom and I needed a username. I usually went with Aeroblaze or something around those lines, but I got bored of it and thought about a new name. I wanted something cool, and I realized that names that only had letters in them were pretty cool, such as Z or X. That being said, I wanted a name with two letters and I mashed G and X together giving me GX. The second part of my name "Prodigy" just seemed to flow well with it, so I came up with GX prodigy which is what I've been using for about three or four years now.

**I used to like Yu-Gi-Oh GX a lot, which is probably why my brain out those two letters together; however, Yu-Gi-Oh was not the inspiration for my name**.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #38985
Meetan
Soul Badge

I mailed Tess about taking back Whale Island as I have a lot of time and muse on my hands, and that's the environment that inspires me most (I'd struggle with anywhere else). But she never got back to me, so idk. The problem with needing Arcane Realm to become an updater is that it's very slow, not to mention it's probably taking a back seat to the Pelago and the mods have internet issues. So, if it really is still a prerequisite, you'll be lucky if you're able to become one at all.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #38986
Aposteriori
Banned

It is no longer a pre-requisite
Old 03-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #38987
Heather
Naga's Voice

>username origins

Well, you see, for me to answer this properly we have to delve into ancient history for this is not, in fact, my original username. That dubious honor goes to Myles Fowl II, which was born out of my time spent reading the entire Artemis Fowl series and deciding that I particularly liked Artemis' little brother, Myles (both the little bros were adorable, but you know, I can't be both). II obviously in this case being "the second." I held onto that for a couple years, as it were, then, well, things happened. Eventually Good Guy deoxys took it upon himself to change my username to the name I'd chosen for myself, and here we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 03-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #38988
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer

Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
>username origins

Well, you see, for me to answer this properly we have to delve into ancient history for this is not, in fact, my original username. That dubious honor goes to Myles Fowl II, which was born out of my time spent reading the entire Artemis Fowl series and deciding that I particularly liked Artemis' little brother, Myles (both the little bros were adorable, but you know, I can't be both). II obviously in this case being "the second." I held onto that for a couple years, as it were, then, well, things happened. Eventually Good Guy deoxys took it upon himself to change my username to the name I'd chosen for myself, and here we are.
You mean your name IRL isn't really Heather? =O

Edit: Never mind, just clicked that link.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-04-2017, 11:14 PM   #38989
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I was just lamenting that I had nothing but tap water with which to take my evening meds, when I remembered that I have a Monster in my backpack!

Bless you, random lady who was giving out free samples outside of the campus book store.

/opens backpack

/finds half a bottle of day-old coconut water

/takes meds with that instead

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #38990
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

dude coconut water is awesome
im obssesed with coconut flavored things tho

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:14 AM   #38991
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I do like coconut water, though with such a high potassium content, it's a bit of an acquired taste. The first time I drank it, it just tasted salty to me.

I spent like a half hour organizing my Bank earlier, but the Wi-Fi barely reached my bedroom, and when I tried to save and log out it was like, "lol, connection error." All that work, gone...

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #38992
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

...So in other news, this just happened.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:31 AM   #38993
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

huh?
what game is that?

Hater of loss meme
Old 03-06-2017, 01:33 AM   #38994
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
huh?
what game is that?
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. I've been hunting for a Shiny in that game on and off for almost three years now, and it's just finally paid off tonight, after a grand total of 11,211 wild Pokémon encountered and 1,230 Munchlax encountered.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #38995
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...Wait, the wild mons actually can be shiny? Yeesh, guess I gotta stock up on poketsnacks! ...Right after I finish up with looting the S.S. Libra and evolving my vulpix.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 03-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #38996
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMana View Post
...Wait, the wild mons actually can be shiny? Yeesh, guess I gotta stock up on poketsnacks! ...Right after I finish up with looting the S.S. Libra and evolving my vulpix.
They certainly can. In XD, the Shadow Pokémon are impossible to get Shiny- it's their way of trying to fix the glitch from Colosseum where a Shadow Pokémon is Shiny when it first appears but no longer Shiny when you catch it, or vice versa. That said, anything that isn't a Shadow Pokémon in XD can be Shiny.

And you don't necessarily need to stock up on too many Poké Snacks, either- one thing I found out during the course of the hunt is that if you can manage to save your game just a few steps before the Spot Monitor goes off, you can soft reset for the encounter. It's much quicker, especially considering you can't run from wild Pokémon in XD.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #38997
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Congrats on the Gligar, MM.

I'd like to direct everyone's attention to my avatar -- my BFF drew it!

/shameless

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-06-2017, 02:53 PM   #38998
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Thanks. And cool avatar! I've been switching my avatar lately between two images of Missingno. I found somewhere online, but for right now, I'm thinking I'll keep this one until the urge to start dancing in celebration dies down somewhat.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #38999
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
@134; Nice avatar ^_^

: *Flutters around Rowan's head, slightly loud and angry looking*

T_T
Old 03-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #39000
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

wow congrats mm

Hater of loss meme
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out