UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Oh fuck!

God, here I am worried about my grades and this nightmare strikes like a bolt of lightning.

About, twenty minutes ago, my mother got a phone-call from this lady she met in a mall last week. She had only been in the United States for a week prior, since she's a new immigrant from the Philippines. My mother and 'aunt' chatted up a storm and got her phone/address.

The lady called us and she sounded weak, as if she could barely talk. All she could say was, 'help me, help me. My husband, he kill me" and then she hung up, which made my mother go ballistic. In this state, she's totally useless and insane, so when we called up the 911-emergency folks we spent something like six minutes to repeat my mother's ramblings.

Now, the police were sent over there but everyone's a pack of IMBECILES and can't hear properly. Firstly, the lady said she lived in a mobile home park at 55 Idle Wheel. Then, my 'aunt' had written down that it's 58 Idle Wheel. No one knows where the heck the lady's bloody house was! When they finally DID get to the address, we found out it's the fudging wrong mobile home park.

The lady sounded like she was stabbed or something, and dang the incompetence of all the folk involved in helping this lady is just outrageous. There's no way I would ever, EVER entrust my life to my mother after seeing her go crazy today. Sure, she's concerned, but she couldn't even speak properly because she was so hysterical. God, my sister and father were right by her, we heard the whole conversation because it was on speaker-phone, and she wouldn't let anyone talk to the police even though we were a thousand times calmer.

Bloody invalid. Story in progress as more updates come along.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Re: Oh fuck!

Very very inappropriate title. You will be raped by a clown with that sour tongue

Anyway, it is a bad idea to entrust your life to anyone. Just entrust your life to your animals. They will make you feel better when you are dying. Your animal might also eat your corpse when you die, so there will be no funeral costs for your family ^o^.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Very very inappropriate title. You will be raped by a clown with that sour tongue
The point was to get attention. If you know me, I've never, ever cursed on a regular basis, if at all, since it gives impact when I do use profanity. I think a situation where a lady is in a GOD DANG EMERGENCY and we had to dial 911 is a good time to take out the nasty words.

Just got a call.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

OK, here's the deal. They got to the house and the lady's son is there, and it sounds like the lady was poisoned...ehh, tough to hear with my mother and 'aunt' going crazy like they are. Poor kid is going to a "Crisis Shelter"...ahh, the kid speaks ONLY Visayan and not English, so he couldn't have helped at all. The lady claims she's been poisoned and my dad says the hospital will pump her stomach. Ok, dad says...

"The lady has a six year old child, doesn't speak English, she thinks her husband fed her poison which is why she couldn't talk."

Me: "Which was it? 55 or 58?"

Dad: "Dunno, they found 'em. Must have been 58."

Fudging dang, they found the lady but she's not out of the woods yet.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wow, that's horrible. I feel bad for the lady being poisoned by her husband (if it's real and she's not hysterical herself, imagining her husband wants her blood even though he may not). I also feel bad for her since she placed her "dying breath" phone call to you guys and you guys didn't know her address. In the time it took the paramedics to find her, who knows how much the toxin ruined her body. Pretty sad.

I'd go a little easier on your mom, dude, seeing as you just repaired relations with her after the whole "locked in the bedroom for days" incident. But ... yeah. That's sort of retarded that she told the police the wrong address. If it was a slip of the tongue, fine. If she had clarified, "I think this is the address, but I may be wrong ", fine. But if she told them, "This is where she lives! Quick, hurry!", then yeah, your mom messed up.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #6
Lone_Wolf
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Lone_Wolf Send a message via MSN to Lone_Wolf

man...pretty harsh!Your mom should really learn how to stay calm I mean it's not gona do anyone good if you go crazy like that(it surely didnt go good with that lady)Is the police gona do anything to the husband???Is the lady ok???OH SO MANY QUESTIONS???

Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:24 AM   #7
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
I'd go a little easier on your mom, dude, seeing as you just repaired relations with her after the whole "locked in the bedroom for days" incident. But ... yeah. That's sort of retarded that she told the police the wrong address. If it was a slip of the tongue, fine. If she had clarified, "I think this is the address, but I may be wrong ", fine. But if she told them, "This is where she lives! Quick, hurry!", then yeah, your mom messed up.
What she was doing was screaming in the reciever, and incoherently at that and wouldn't let anyone else talk to the emergency folk. That's what pissed me off, since she was trying to tell the emergency folk herself but she was oblivious to her panic state. Such probably got worse since she hasn't any idea where the lady actually lived.

It was pretty shocking given my mother met this person once, just a week ago, and the week earlier she arrived from the Philippines with her six-year old son and husband who was already living here. The lady couldn't talk and couldn't tell her son to call the police; she didn't fudging know about paramedics or the like! That's probably why she called my mother; she didn't know 911, so she called the coincidental one-time people she thought were pretty cool at a mall.

I must say, it's fudging scary thinking about how close a call this was, but right now my sister & mother haven't come back yet so I don't know if the lady is still alive. Last I heard, the ambulence was on the way.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
Lone_Wolf
Pokemon Trainer

man I feel bad for the lady I really do.No offense but you mom is a bit crazy(I cant say much cuz my granny has lost her marbles completely lol)neway she really should have let someone talk or say something because someone could have known something that could have helped that lady!!!I hope that the lady is ok and your mom hasnt had a panic attack and died then scared your sister to death.....

Old 03-24-2007, 12:49 AM   #9
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Dopple furiously types, to jot down this conversation as accurately as possible:

[] = dad
{} = Dopple
<> = sister

Married 1999. Son two years later. Pen pals, he stayed in the Philippines for two weeks, got her pregnant, so she had a son. He didn't come back until 2004, [why?], child was already five years old. [so he's seven years old]. And then, he came back for two weeks, met the son for the first time, and then, ah, he stayed for two weeks did paperworks. But the son is an American citizen because his father is an American. Then, he petition in 2004. [shouldn't be any problem getting the kid over here]. Kid cannot travel, so the mother she came, last Friday, a week from Friday, and, ah, with the son. That's the third time she saw her husband, so they don't know each other. Now, her husband, brought her to the mall last Sunday. Now, I am the driver, and my car was "thromp thromp thromp!" and the children eat at the Burger King, her husband pass by. She was smiling at us, "Phillippina?" "Yah", then we talk, "I had just arrived Friday" we just exchange phone. I write, I don't know where she write and give to Dorothy and me, because mine is topsy turvey, and you know what she did Dad, she is holding my number even when she sleep, even now in the hospital, hold on tight with a crucifix in it as well. But no rosary. [just the crucifix...]

Remember me? This is what happen. Every time she cook for her husband, the husband just keep her in the house. Just look in the window. She was kinda trap. Her husband always tell her, I'm your beneficiary. Don't you know there are lots of Philippina that disappear without a trace? And she was, "how"? Nobody knows, you will never know here. [he put life insurance on her?] She doesn't know. She told me tonight. Tonight in the hospital. I've been in the hospital the whole time. She told me, and she's so when we got there, I thought she's dying. It was confusing, because I thought there was two mobile homes. It's an old woman at Idle Wheel. Dorothea wrote "Bone Drive" but the bone drive is also a mobile home "Royal Palm". The son was packed waiting for me. The husband took off. When her husband took off she called us. She doesn't know her own telephone number.

Her husband keep telling her, that there are lots of people that disappear without a trace.[that's weird, so what did the police say?] Today, she say, after she woke up today, she was trembling. She was trembling, begging her husband, don't kill me. No no no, go take a bath. Then hose her, drag her to the tub and hose her. Hose her down. She was wet, and she was trembling. And she had a period, so the police thought that's her blood. She was spitting, he injected me something, ah, she mentioned something, ah, then I catch up Tylenol, like a stereoid. Yeah, look at me. Trembling she was trembling, disoriented. Seems like she become cuckoo.

I interpret her, for the police. She's a college student but doesn't know how to speak. And her son, poor son, crying now. I was going to take the son with me. {wait, come back, I can't here you lot}, I wanted to take the son but I can't <son's with the father>, {come back!}, yeah there's some drug, yeah, twice now and some IV on it, but they gonna call me and they're gonna release whatever findings. [so what did the police think about this?] The police come back and say there's no drug, they searched the house, no crime comitted over there, the husband say, I only gave her Tylenol, did you take Tylenol, no it's an injection, [talk about women disappearing, putting fear in here...I listened to her voice...so, here the police really having nothing to go on]. Talk to your husband, but he is always mad. He is always mad, and then he said {wait, say that again?}, he has cancer, he has leukemia, and she said he said she said, the story was, her husband divorce his first wife six years ago, ok, yeah, divorce his wife, and then had a child within the period {within the period what?}, ok, now, they were married eight years ago, he was divorced, without any children, and then, when, he cannot he stayed with his divorce wife. And had three kids. With his ex-wife. And then while she has a kid too that makes four. He cannot get married with the ex-wife because he was married. And probably the reason was there was a conspiracy, to bring her here to insure her and kill her. [there's no evidence]. Now, the husband, we are her angel, yeah, we are the angels. Yup. {so you don't know what kind of poison is there?}, we don't know until there is lab. What a, what a now we have you will never disappear without a trace because we will be looking for you. Now your husband now cannot do anything about you because we are looking for you. When she told her husband...that's the first time she get out. Now, the husband...

[so she was insured the full time in the Philippines] We don't know what's true [she told you that? I don't think the police believe her. They probably thought she was crazy]. She said there was a stereoid injected. Do you think stereoid will kill you? [no, no]. Sounds like more hysteria to me Dopple, what do you think? [she certainly sounded like she was in trouble]. {huh, what? Ahh, let me say that it sounds fishy}. [You've got this story...], they gonna call me here. [When they're done with here], they have to find out. [She's obviously afraid], yeah, she doesn't want to go back to her husband. She doesn't have much choice, what's she's going to do? Your son will stay with your husband. [she could go to a battered woman's shelter but...] she's not battered [right]. Dorothea have day care [we have no place for her], but we have to take her here. Just for tonight. Me and her say otherwise she will be scared also. Sister will sleep on my bed [ok, whatever]. I gotta go to bed. {so, mommy, how old is she?} she is thirty two. {college graduate?} Yeah, commerce. [Just like business, Dopple. They take accounting and that kind of stuff. Bookeeping, accounting.]

{Ah.}
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #10
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So, looks like we'll be playing host early tomorrow morning? The hospital has yet to relay any telephone call but that likely change in an hour or two.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM   #11
Lone_Wolf
Pokemon Trainer

HEY!!^.^I'm sure everything will be AOK ^.^ besides you got friends to help you through this crisis right!!!^.^

Old 03-24-2007, 01:03 AM   #12
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hosed her down? He treated her like a cow.

Injected poison into her with a syringe!? That sounds like something from a movie. I mean, damn. How did he get his hands on a syringe? (Maybe I'm ignorant, but it's not like they sell those in a drug store ... do they?) And he injected her ... again, just like a livestock animal. Naked, cold, wet, and out of nowhere he injects her.

It sounds like this Phillipina used the fact that her son is an American citizen to "cut in line" for immigrating to the States. So, on the one hand, you could sort of say "She got greedy, and her greed got her burned this time." But I think saying such a thing would be too horrible and judgmental in this situation. A, she clearly had a horrible life in the Phillipines if she'd resort to this to try to come to America. B, just because she's being a bit of "an unwelcome guest" (which, like I said above, is admittedly pretty tricksy and rude) DOESN'T MEAN she's giving her husband permission to kill her when she's not looking.

Do you know if this is confirmed for real or if it's still just her testimony?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:16 AM   #13
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Injected poison into her with a syringe!? That sounds like something from a movie. I mean, damn. How did he get his hands on a syringe? (Maybe I'm ignorant, but it's not like they sell those in a drug store ... do they?) And he injected her ... again, just like a livestock animal. Naked, cold, wet, and out of nowhere he injects her.
I agree, that sounds weird given where the lady lives, but given the husband has leukemia it's POSSIBLE. Syringes might be tough to come by but not impossible; I myself still have my "blunt" syringe for cleaning my mouth after I had dental surgery in December 2005.

Quote:
It sounds like this Phillipina used the fact that her son is an American citizen to "cut in line" for immigrating to the States. So, on the one hand, you could sort of say "She got greedy, and her greed got her burned this time." But I think saying such a thing would be too horrible and judgmental in this situation. A, she clearly had a horrible life in the Phillipines if she'd resort to this to try to come to America. B, just because she's being a bit of "an unwelcome guest" (which, like I said above, is admittedly pretty tricksy and rude) DOESN'T MEAN she's giving her husband permission to kill her when she's not looking.
I'm inclined to agree, especially since the Philippines is anal about letting people leave. My father says that college in the Philippines isn't the same as it in the United States; the "university education" is just a little more comprehensive than a junior college Associated Bachelor's. The corruption in the Philippines is outrageous, too; when my grandfather, who waited twenty four fudgin' years to come over here and died two years before he got the approval, had to pay to get immigration papers from the US Embassy in Manilla. Those papers are stamped with a "not for sale" note by the US Federal Government, and here we've got American and Philippino bureacrats, who are getting well paid, comitting illegal acts like that. Bribery is the language of the law, I guess.

Quote:
Do you know if this is confirmed for real or if it's still just her testimony?
The police searched the house and, quote from my mother, "there no crime there". I'm not sure what to make of that, but I'm pretty sure they didn't find a syringe, and if this situation is simmilar to what happened in Higurashi the lady was probably halluciating that a syringe-shaped object (such as a pen) was in fact a syringe with poison.

Regarding any poisoning, we don't know. I'll ask her tomorrow (maybe?) when she comes over, but interrogating about this incident might be a bit brutal.

Additional note: this lady can only speak her "dialect" (not sure what this means), and can't communicate in English, Tagalog, OR Visayan. So, she's almost totally language blocked here. The boy speaks the dialect and understands English, but can't speak it; he's not in school, either.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-24-2007, 01:52 AM   #14
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Actually, if you have a friend with diabetes, then finding a syringe is really easy, because diabetics will have no problem giving a syringe or two to you. Heck, I have about five hundred syringes, cause I get like one hundred a month, but I only use thirty. I even got bored and tried to inject myself with coffee, I kinda forgot to cool it down and it scorched my insides ;_;

As for the Philipino taking advantage of her son thing.....she probably is. Heck, she is friends with your MOM and that speaks for itself. (j/k)
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

I don't know that many women who like becoming hysterical like that for the fun of it, and I do know some people who are a little crazy. I'm inclined to believe the husband is mistreating his wife, it sounds like he's pretty clearly emotionally abusing her (telling her that she's worthless and dependent on him for survival, making threats against her, about how it wouldn't be thought of oddly if she "disappeared"). Immigrant women are very vulnerable that way, especially if they don't know English, they don't know or understand their rights. It won't be the first or the last time a woman who can't speak English is in a horrible situation because of ignorance.
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #16
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Verdict: lady's crazy, but she was sick; the reason she was feeling so badly was that she had a kidney disease and wasn't getting treatment. Her husband has been a creep but from what I can tell he wasn't trying to seriously hurt her, just freak her out. Which, given any context, isn't acceptable anyway, but especially so since she's from the Philippines and, if my mother and aunt Dorothea are of any example, are culturally conditioned to be easily frightened/panic. Her hysteria was probably a culmination of all these things.

Even more concerning is the boy; he's eight years old (not six) and hasn't been in school yet.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #17
Lone_Wolf
Pokemon Trainer

I think that the woman should get revenge on her husban because I would. If I were her I wouldnt let him do anything like that to me to begin with...thats shows you not to trust any one you really dont know or know but havent seen for awhile..people change and most of the time it aint good!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc