UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2018, 03:21 AM   #476
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Meetan - Your attention was now focused back on Nina, things were extremely chaotic but you weren't going to allow yourself to be distracted again. She was drenched in poison but she was still hanging on and wanting to be the one to take out this opponent, she wasn't about to let it get the better of her. She began to Flail her limps and charged toward Seviper. She smacked it multiple times before it decided to Bite down on one of her paws. She did her best to Endure the damage it caused, she could feel this would be her last chance, anymore hits and she was a goner. With Seviper still attached to her paw she began to Flail once again, this time whipping the snake through the air and smashing it back into the ground, upon impact it was knocked out and loosened its grip. (Nina gains 3 levels) Nina was out of breath and exhausted, she collapsed on the spot, still hanging on but just didn't feel the need to waste the last of her strength on standing. Axel had readied himself to take over for her and was nearby, but it seemed to not be needed after all. Seeing her exhaustion and having already prepared her ball in your hand you decided to return her so she could have some rest.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Greg was still excitedly yelling at the helicopter which had landed quite a bit ago. Ivan was on edge, looking at him it was a strange situation, he had a very brave face on but his hands were visibly shaking as he stared at the helicopter. "Billie." He said to the bear beside him. That was all the Ursaring needed to hear to know Ivan wanted you guarded again and so he walked over and began to hover next to you protectively once again. Axel joined you at your side, also feeling a bit protective. The Pokemon on the truck were slowly unloading, Duchess was conscious again and limping her way out while being supported by Franklin. The adult Skiddo even decided to make an appearance again, charging over the hill it was hiding behind to rejoin with the younger one. However, there wasn't much joy between the two, there was a serious sense of unease with that helicopter there.

The door to the helicopter finally popped open, everyone was tense as an extremely large and buff man in an immaculate suit exited the helicopter. He had a very stern face as he surveyed the ground, noticing the sludge and the crater that had been created. Even the Seviper owner seemed tense, the other man was trapped inside of the truck because of the damage Axel's Blow Back had caused earlier so you couldn't see him. Greg though, he seemed chipper as ever. "Uncle! I gathered a bunch of Pokemon for you just like you wanted!" The buff man's eye twitched out of frustration before he finally spoke while gritting his teeth to hold back his rage. "And what about the part where I said not to draw attention to yourself or the men you were put in charge of?" He gestured at the mess that was impossible to miss. Before Greg could respond, Ivan spoke up. "Who are you!? And what the HELL are you trying to pull by rounding up defenseless Pokemon!?" The man turned his attention toward Ivan for only a moment, a chilling grin spread across his face. "Whatever are you talking about sir?" He slowly approached Ivan while reaching into the pocket of his jacket. Ivan stood firm, not allowing the man to think he would back down. "Mandrake Industries. We are making a positive difference." The man pulled a business card out of his hand and pressed it into Ivan's chest and then glanced toward you and seemed to almost go into a trance as he stared at you long and hard. "Those features… Something about you is very familiar…"

"Boss! It's the police!" The Seviper owner shouts which snaps the man out of it. "Shit." The man says under his breath before shouting and grabbing Gregs arm. "Get into the damn helicopter, idiot!" Greg is thrown into the helicopter and the man gets in afterwards. "W-what about us, boss!?" The Seviper owner begins running toward the helicopter. "To hell with you." And with that, the doors on the helicopter slam shut and the blades begin to spin whipping wind everywhere as it takes off. You and Ivan finally spin around to see the police lights flashing in the not so far distance, the vehicles are driving across the grassy hills at great speed. The Seviper owner grumbles under his breath and returns his Seviper then takes off into the Cloud Forest nearby before either you or Ivan could react to stop him. The man in the truck was doing his best to kick out the window so he could make his escape as well but wasn't having any success.

"Damn!" Ivan shouts out of frustration. The police arrive and several jump out of each vehicle. "I'm pissed that basically everyone got away but I'm happy they're here, although I don't know who called them." Ivan was extremely annoyed at the situation. "Tortlllle!!" Franklin called out, holding Ivan's phone up in the air proudly. "Ah, so that's where my phone was! When did you learn how to call the cops?" Ivan of course didn't get an answer and walked over to talk with the cops who were in the process of arresting the trucker. "Wartortle!" Franklin was grinning ear to ear as he ran up and gave Axel a big hug out of celebration. Joe's Pokemon Tank was making its way over to his collapsed owner and the other Pokemon began to approach you. The Skiddo both began kicking and dancing in front of you with glee while Duchess was slowly limping her way close to you. Once she reached you, she gave you the biggest smile she could manage and you just knew she was thanking you from the bottom of her heart. And then, she fell to the ground right at your feet, finally done trying to hold herself up because she felt like she was finally safe now. Ivan appeared to be finished explaining everything that had happened to the police and was making his way back toward you. Joe was sitting on the ground with an officer speaking to him now. Meanwhile, you were standing in between everything while being completely surrounded by a bunch of Pokemon, you even still had Billie breathing down your neck.
The fight between Alice's Alolan Vulpix and the Seviper was cut pretty damn close, to the point that she almost felt bad making Nina keep on. As it was, her snowy Pokemon was a determined one, and one of level mind and understanding. She finished the enemy of with some style: sending the great snake flying through the crater before landing with elegance... And slumping once the victory was confirmed. "I'm sorry, Nina. You did a brilliant job, though. I love you." She said, reaching out to return her Vulpix, who was three levels stronger for her resilience.

Her attention switched then to the man leaping around the landed helicopter like some tool, Alice's stomach turning with grim anticipation. They had battled a lot today and her Pokemon were probably struggling as a result of it. Billie flanked one side at Ivan's word, and Axel teleported to the other, seeming perfectly ready for another scrap in spite of the day's work. The big boss who emerged from the vehicle certainly looked the type capable of dealing some damage, but his anger was mostly directed to his nephew, and Alice thought it was both irritating and amusing that Greg seemed oblivious to the world of trouble he was in. Even before the guy had begun yelling, Alice had seen that coming. What Pokemon rounded up for him? The ones cleaned up and set to be free from the lorry? The ones they owned? What a prick.

They rounded on Ivan when he ran his mouth, and Alice was nervous for having them so close. She reached to set a hand on her pink Abra's forehead as if looking for support, and the psychic remained perfectly still. If he was rattled, it was impossible to see through Axel's tired pokerface. She made a mental note of the business that was named, hoping Ivan might keep hold of the card, and tensed as the 'uncle' began staring at her. Familiar? How? For her slow growth of fame, for something else? If this guy was a creepy wota, he was the type that an idol usually hired security for. Shisus.

Lights and sounds rang from the plains. The police had been called, and Alice was relieved for the back up. The criminals were making their escape, and she was tempted to try and stop them - to get Axel to try and delay the helicopter or take out the blades or something. As it was, they had one guy who wouldn't get far on foot and the other had literally handed over a business card with his fingerprint and DNA on it, so what else could they need? Not to mention that if the police came to her, Alice would have Axel convey his witness account in the ways he did best. Psychic Pokemon were so cool like that.

"Yeah. Thank fuck for that, though." Alice agreed with Ivan about the escapes, sighing in relief. She felt weak and shaky, reaching into her bag for her snack box. Her blood sugars were probably a mess after everything. They needed a break. She laughed and complimented Franklin on his skills with the phone, Axel lazily moving his arms to return the hug, albeit loosely. "Oh! Hey there. You guys are welcome. Stay safe out there, okay? -- Dutchess!"

Alice was overjoyed to see the Furfrou, the reason for this entire mission to start with. The blonde crouched down, cooing reassurances as she smoothed her hands through the Pokemon's fur. "Hey, listen, I've got you now. You're safe." She said, "And hey... I could ask one of these officers or rangers to take you back to the rest stop to get patched up. Or I could take you in a Poke Ball to get you healed up, and if you don't want to stay with me, I promise you're free to go. I know what that bitch put you through, and if you want to stay in the wild I totally understand." She shifted to properly sit on the grass, still betwixt her Pokemon-bodyguards, allowing her own trembling body some respite. "I'm actually thinking of moving to the Cloud Garden, though. So you'd always be welcome to come and visit us if you see us around! I'm not planning to leave just yet. Me, Axel and the others have more adventuring to do! So you can be fam or a friend, it's up to you. -- Or an enemy, but we sort of did that back at the river already, you know?"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #477
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 260
Maskerade: Neither the girl nor the Musharna seem affected by your snarky responses. The Pokemon floats up to the ceiling of the gazebo and the pink smoke filters through the roof tiles.
“Oh dear, I forgot to introduce myself didn’t I…” the girl looks a bit embarrassed. “I’m Primrose, the trial captain. And if you’re ready…Ole?” She looks up to the Musharna who immediately starts increasing the amount of pink smoke he was producing. The smoke soon filled the gazebo, curiously not escaping through any of the open sides. You take a deep breath and the smoke fills your nostrils. It is thick and sweet smelling, and for a moment you worry that you won’t be able to breathe. As you settle back on to one of the pillows, your body relaxes, and your heavy eyelids close. The smoke even permeates your Pokeballs, and the Pokemon inside soon join you in slumber.
“See you soon…”

Trial Start! Hush vs. Trial Captain Primrose

You open your eyes to see the gazebo and the garden has disappeared. The room you are in is made of grey stone, and is sparsely decorated save for a lavish canopy bed against the wall. A small window allows a beam of moonlight to reach the bed, illuminating a figure behind the tulle canopy. Every few seconds, there is the gentle sound of snoring. You move and notice your arms and legs feel much heavier. You look down and notice you are dressed in a suit of armor, much like a knight you would find in a fairytale. Your bag has been replaced by a pouch at your side, which – to your relief – still contains all of your belongings. The canopy moves on its own revealing a drowsing Komala, hugging a log tightly against her chest.

The trial seems to have begun, what will you do?


----------------

Skunkaru: You follow after your Pokemon who are set on beating up any flowers they come across. Although you know the rangers in the Rose Garden probably would not approve, it is always nice to see your Pokemon enjoy themselves. Your Lopunny and Skunky frolic through the garden, occasionally looking over some patches of flowers and delicately trimmed hedges to see if they had located the trial. You stick to the path, not wanting to trample on anything, especially after you read the signs that warned to “Please watch your step”. Tira suddenly runs around a corner, Taro close behind, and you lose sight of them. Hurrying, you round the corner to see Taro’s tail disappear into a greenhouse. Moments later, you hear a worryingly loud crash. You rush through the door of the greenhouse and spot several potted plants on the floor, some broken while others are just upturned. Taro looks guilty with their tounge hanging out and their ears drooping, dirt and leaves covering their purple fur. Tira seemed to have missed the worst of the mess, standing on top of a nearby table. Though you can’t say for sure what happened, this doesn’t look good. A door on the other side of the greenhouse opens and an older man enters rolling a cart, humming a song to himself. He’s dressed in an apron and looks to be important to the garden in some way. He looks to be oblivious to the mess on your side of the room, but it probably won’t be too long before he realizes what has been done to his plants.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #478
Naru
the flower girl
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Naruxami:
While Vinny was nearly mortified by her daughter’s recklessness, Isaac grinned with anticipation as his young Eevee was eager to continue battling. Regardless of how cute he found the opposing Oddish to be, the weed Pokemon was ready to keep going as well. It continued to frown, still grumpy from being roused from its slumber in the soil and then suddenly being attacked by this enthusiastic trainer. Isaac quickly called out orders to Ahri, who nodded and prepared to fight once more.

Ahri began things by Growling as menacingly as a baby Eevee could, and the Oddish was taken aback for a moment. As Ahri charged forward to strike, Oddish began blowing a Sweet Scent that wafted across the garden. Ahri’s vigor was subdued a little bit, taking some of the edge off her Tackle as she rammed into Oddish. The weedy Pokemon then began to Absorb some more of Ahri’s health, who retaliated by Covetously slapping the grass Pokemon with her paw. Oddish winced a bit but Absorbed once more, siphoning off a touch more of Ahri’s energy.

Both Pokemon were starting to get a little more worn down by now; neither of them had too much past experience of drawn-out battles in their repertoire. Oddish had narrowed the health gap a little bit as it continued to restore its health by stealing it from Ahri. However, the young Eevee still had the advantage by a slight margin. If Ahri kept up the pressure, Oddish probably wouldn’t last too much longer. What will Isaac do?
There was so much of Vinny in Ahri it was unbelievable, Isaac could even see the uncanny within their appearance. Ahri might be noticeably smaller than Vinny was, but her face darted with those beautiful freckles made her a reflection of her mother. Ahri's headstrong attitude was more akin to that of her father, but her aggression and ferocity certainly came from her mother. As she bore her teeth at the adorable weed, Isaac couldn't help but grin. He wondered what Ahri had chosen as her path in life. He doubted she'd follow in her mother's footsteps on evolution, but maybe she'd lean towards a fire typing like her father. Whatever the case, Isaac would support her choice and welcome her to the team once again as whatever beautiful Eeveelution she chose.

Ahri was barring her teeth at the weed. She couldn't believe her trainer had some kind of freakish adoration for the thing. It didn't even have arms! Actually, it had nothing beyond a body and legs --- it was kind of pitiable actually. She couldn't imagine being literally... well, nothing. She shook her head at the poor creature, what kind of menace would create such a thing. She took a deep breath, her first battle was going well --- but as dad always said, 'don't get cocky until you win'. She waited anxiously for her master's orders, ready to strike at a moment's notice.

"Ahri! Whip it with your Tail and follow it up with another Shadow Ball! If you can manage it, try to Tackle it after the ball lands!" Called Isaac. Ahri nodded, rushing forwards at the weed.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam last.fm
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#2000
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #479
Skunkaru
Pokemon Trainer
 
Skunkaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Skunkaru: You follow after your Pokemon who are set on beating up any flowers they come across. Although you know the rangers in the Rose Garden probably would not approve, it is always nice to see your Pokemon enjoy themselves. Your Lopunny and Skunky frolic through the garden, occasionally looking over some patches of flowers and delicately trimmed hedges to see if they had located the trial. You stick to the path, not wanting to trample on anything, especially after you read the signs that warned to “Please watch your step”. Tira suddenly runs around a corner, Taro close behind, and you lose sight of them. Hurrying, you round the corner to see Taro’s tail disappear into a greenhouse. Moments later, you hear a worryingly loud crash. You rush through the door of the greenhouse and spot several potted plants on the floor, some broken while others are just upturned. Taro looks guilty with their tounge hanging out and their ears drooping, dirt and leaves covering their purple fur. Tira seemed to have missed the worst of the mess, standing on top of a nearby table. Though you can’t say for sure what happened, this doesn’t look good. A door on the other side of the greenhouse opens and an older man enters rolling a cart, humming a song to himself. He’s dressed in an apron and looks to be important to the garden in some way. He looks to be oblivious to the mess on your side of the room, but it probably won’t be too long before he realizes what has been done to his plants.
Tira pranced the flower garden paths with Taro toddling behind. Like a periscope, the Lopunny would peak over the floral hedges in search of the Trial. Taro did their best to mimic this by balancing up on their back legs. Just as they would strike the perfect pose, Tira would lose interest and move on. Irwin followed farther back and took just a moment to stop at and admire some double-flowered carnations. But it was a moment too long. The duo had bolted around the corner. Irwin rushed to catch up only to glimpse Taro’s tail disappear into a greenhouse.

What happened next is unclear. It could be assumed that a certain Lopunny observed a particularly trial worthy rose up in a hanging basket and hopped up on a table to get a closer look. Taro was confused by the sudden disappearance of their friend, and looked around frantically. The hanging basket was just slightly out of reach for the Lopunny. He reached out and grabbed the railing that held the baskets and, leaning in on this, glanced in closely at the suspicious rose. Taro finally just noticed Tira stretched out across the table and the metal rod. But the bar was not welded to anything and instead was mounted on side hooks, the furtherest of which was directly above Taro when it snapped. Tira manages to catch himself and pulled back while still standing on the table. The hanging baskets all slid down the railing and fell directly on to Taro. Taro stepped out of the pile of dirt and pots baffled and upset. Irwin caught up at this point and found Taro with eyes full of regret. They weren’t sure what exactly had happened, but they certainly didn’t mean to cause it. “Pth,” spat Taro sadly.

“Taro!” A concerned Irwin leaned in, inspecting the purple Pokemon for any damages. “You okay?” It was hard to tell under all the mess so Irwin waved some of the dirt off. There were no noticeable cuts, so Irwin got out a handkerchief and tried to clean off the Stunky’s face. Taro was still filthy but at least they weren’t hurt. Meanwhile, Tira quietly turned around and, in a comical sneaking motion, had tip-toed to the end of the table. He sprang off and hide in the foliage, but did so just loud enough that Irwin heard the rustling bushes.

“Tira!” Irwin called.
“Didn’t do nuth’n!” Tira called back. It was at this moment that the door on the other side of the greenhouse opened. Tira was closer and could spy the gardener entering with the rolling cart. “Uh oh!” Tira turned and crawled back towards his trainer. Irwin shifted weight onto their knee and was about to stand up when Tira came scuttling back, a leaf or two still stuck to him. “Dares a purson!” Irwin turned and saw the gardener who was currently facing away. The group froze for a short moment when Tira continued, “I’ll use Fake Out and then we’ll run!”
“There are multiple reasons why we’re not going to do that,” corrected Irwin.
“Foo.”

Taro felt awful seeing the nice gardener with the nice cart full of extra nice flowers.
Flowers that were perhaps friends with the ones now on the ground?
Oh no! Taro wanted to apologize. Taro wanted to help make things better.

Tira’s was aware that he had done something wrong, and had a strong fear of an impending punishment.
Tira wanted to run, but he was unwilling to abandoned his friends.
That didn’t stop him from trying to convince them though. “We’ll be killed. Mwurdered!

“Worse case scenario, we’d probably just get kicked out of the park.”
“Oh.” Tira considered this and then added, “That means no rose trial!” Irwin turned in surprise, not expecting that reaction out of Tira. “How yes rose trial?” Irwin tried to parse that sentence but was interrupted when Taro started to walk off towards the gardener. Irwin got up and followed Taro’s lead. They would simply confess and offer to clean up… or pay for it. Tira didn’t want to be left behind, so he got up and chased after the others.

Taro reached the gardener the tried to get his attention by bopping his nose up against the back of the gardener’s leg. Irwin began apologetically explaining their situation.
__________________

-Irwin★ (They/Them)
Fizzy Bubbles Profile
Skunkaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #480
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Maskerade: Neither the girl nor the Musharna seem affected by your snarky responses. The Pokemon floats up to the ceiling of the gazebo and the pink smoke filters through the roof tiles.
“Oh dear, I forgot to introduce myself didn’t I…” the girl looks a bit embarrassed. “I’m Primrose, the trial captain. And if you’re ready…Ole?” She looks up to the Musharna who immediately starts increasing the amount of pink smoke he was producing. The smoke soon filled the gazebo, curiously not escaping through any of the open sides. You take a deep breath and the smoke fills your nostrils. It is thick and sweet smelling, and for a moment you worry that you won’t be able to breathe. As you settle back on to one of the pillows, your body relaxes, and your heavy eyelids close. The smoke even permeates your Pokeballs, and the Pokemon inside soon join you in slumber.
“See you soon…”

Trial Start! Hush vs. Trial Captain Primrose

You open your eyes to see the gazebo and the garden has disappeared. The room you are in is made of grey stone, and is sparsely decorated save for a lavish canopy bed against the wall. A small window allows a beam of moonlight to reach the bed, illuminating a figure behind the tulle canopy. Every few seconds, there is the gentle sound of snoring. You move and notice your arms and legs feel much heavier. You look down and notice you are dressed in a suit of armor, much like a knight you would find in a fairytale. Your bag has been replaced by a pouch at your side, which – to your relief – still contains all of your belongings. The canopy moves on its own revealing a drowsing Komala, hugging a log tightly against her chest.

The trial seems to have begun, what will you do?
[/color]
Of all the asinine bullshit she could have pulled!

Hush looked at his own hands, annoyed to find them covered in metal plate. It was fairly obvious what had happened - the little girl, in reality Trial Captain Primrose, had placed him in a dream emulating a ridiculous fairy-tale. The "sleeping beauty", in this case, being a pitiful Komala.

Suddenly, assaulted by images of a million ways he could forcibly awaken the koala, Hush began to laugh uncontrollably. The possibilities were endless, and each scenario was more comically gruesome than the one before; still, it was all for his own amusement - this was, at the end of the day, a test, and he was sure Primrose had her own criteria to evaluate his performance.

Shooting that ridiculous creature in the kneecaps probably wouldn't fly.

Not that he had a handgun on him at present. He'd been given a suit of armor (or rather, trapped inside one) and his Pokemon, so he'd have to work with what he had.

"Oh well. Time to bring out your prince, I guess."

A PokéBall flew from his hand, snapped open in mid-air and released the beast inside - cramped for space, Abaddon the Aerodactyl growled in annoyance, before his eyes set on a potential meal.

"Hey, hey, wait up," hurriedly said Hush in a voice muffled by his stupid helm. "I don't think you're allowed to eat this one. Dreams wouldn't fill your stomach anyway."

Biting off the Komala's leg would likely be enough to wake her up, but Primrose was probably expecting a different approach. Though, if she expected Hush to kiss the damn thing, she'd be disappointed.

We'll have to start by making some noise and see how that goes.

He shrugged and turned to Abaddon.

"If that idiot really is in some sort of coma, shouting and roaring won't do any good. We'll have to get through to her with a different kind of noise," he instructed, not entirely sure of his own plan - the only one he had. "Make yourself heard with Supersonic, let's see if that won't wake her up."
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:27 PM   #481
lilbluecorsola
Shissou Word
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for flowers
Posts: 4,660
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
lilbluecorsola:
After graciously tending to the wounds of their previous opponents, Jess, Iris, and Comfey carried on in search of the missing Flabébé. However, as they traversed further down the orchard trail, the environment took an ominous turn. One could practically cut through the humidity with a knife, and the hazy atmosphere obscured visibility slightly. One thing Jess could spot were a number of mushrooms growing from various tree trunks like parasites; a clear indicator of the trees’ poor conditions.

Not wanting to charge in to this spooky area too recklessly, Jess ordered for Iris to pull up a protective Coat of Magical energy, which the Sewaddle promptly did. A little less brave than her helpers, Comfey nervously wrapped her flowery tail around Jess’ neck like a necklace. Clutching the tip of her tail, she held a flower petal in front of her face to shield her eyes. None of the three really knew what to expect as they trudged forward, but the atmosphere was getting creepier by the minute.

A light giggle emitted from the somewhere within the orchard, and a shiver ran down Jess’ spine. A couple more giggles echoed from different directions all around them, followed by a soft whispering sound. They were clearly not alone in this area of the orchard, as something seemed to be watching them. A sudden flash of glowing lights pulsed out from a tree branch, floating down onto Iris, but what the assailant wasn’t expecting was for her Magic Coat to bounce it right back. The Confuse Ray floated back into the tree where there was a short rustling before something fell from the branch and landed on the grass below.

The giggling and whispering around them suddenly ceased, and a dizzy mushroom wobbled around on the ground. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a Pokemon known as a Morelull. It slowly sat back upright, although it swayed unsteadily as the whispering around them gradually resumed. Jess could try to investigate things here, although it might be best to proceed ahead before the instigators make another attempt to chase off the travelers.
As they pushed forth through the forest, the air around them became damp as a thick fog spread like bread-and-butterflies, obscuring the path ahead (and fluttering in her stomach as well). Jess could barely make out the creepy yet colorful mushrooms clinging to the tree trunks surrounding them - reminiscent of Alice's (mis)adventures in Wonderland. (Or, according to a recent review that reminded her - as Burton would have one believe: "Underland")

As such, she advised Iris to be on her guard, as there was no telling what sort of madness or magic the mire might bring. Their third companion nervously wrapped her train around Jessica's collar like a necklace, clutching its tip and raising a flower petal in front of her face in fear as she fretfully snuck peeks from behind her shield. (And although it made the girl slightly more anxious due to her own phobia of anything touching her throat, she didn't deny the Comfey her own method of self-comfort.)

Suddenly, they heard a light lilt above them as laughter rang through the limbs, followed by a soft susurrance that sent shivers down their spines. A pulse of light suddenly burst forth from the leaves, leaping erratically towards them like a hungry predator - but unexpectedly bounced back by Iris's barrier. They hard a sharp squeal as it struck something - presumably the source - which promptly fell from its perch and onto the grass below.

Jess blinked in bemusement as the bizarre being wobbled to and fro, dizzily waving its umbrella-like extensions, glowing faintly pink and purple. The rustling resumed as it slowly sat upright (though still swaying somewhat unsteadily), a sound which Jess now assumed must come from its other fungi friends waiting in the wings, whispering and watching for what was about to happen next. Jess swallowed, feeling hardly at ease amongst such strange creatures if it were a handsome man growing them inside a storage closet it might be a different story, but nevertheless braced herself as she determined to at least try and get some information out of them before moving on.

"Um, excuse me," Jess raised her voice loud enough to address those hidden behind the branches as well. "Would any of you happen to have seen a yellow Flabébé passing by?"

Then, in a low hush she added aside to Iris:

"If they show signs of attacking, use FLASH and ELECTROWEB to slow them down while we make an escape."
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #482
King Ghidorah
Pokemon Trainer
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post

Cloud Forest: A dense forest that surrounds the base of the mountain. The trees are home to many kinds of bug, grass, and bird Pokemon as well as many others. A woodcutter’s cabin is home to one of the trial leaders for the Galea Foothills. A Mossy Rock can be found deep within the forest. (Please reply in limegreen)
“…but yeah, so I was in that coma for five years – sorry about that – but now I’m out and ready to get started again. What do you guys say?”

Hugo was very animated as he spoke to Kingler and Throh. Kingler looked to Throh cautiously as if to say “well, what are we supposed to say now?” but Throh shrugged its powerful shoulders because it knew that despite the fact that it was still ticked off about being in suspended animation for such a long time, it really didn’t have much of a choice.

“Great! I knew you guys would understand!” Hugo said enthusiastically. Kingler and Throh surveyed their surroundings, trying to determine what kind of terrain they were being thrust into. It was green and lush, and very dense with trees. A large mountain sprung from the ground nearby.

“You two look worried. This is the Cloud Forest. I figured this would be the perfect starting spot for us. You know, really dive headfirst into the thick of things. From what I understand, there’s plenty of grass and flying type Pokemon in this area.”

Kingler and Throh’s expressions grew concerned at the mention of “grass” and “flying” respectively. Not only were they being thrown back into the mix after such a long absence, but they were going to be surrounded by those with a type-advantage over them. They were unsurprisingly apprehensive. Hugo could sense this in his long-time friends.

“Guys, look, I know this a lot to take in and it’s been a while, but I trust you both more than I trust anyone else, and I know that in your hearts, you trust me too. We’re going to get through this and we’re going to do this together,” he explained.

Kingler and Throh looked to each other, and then to Hugo. They nodded their agreement.

“Perfect. Then let’s head off!” he exclaimed, and they began their journey into the Cloud Forest.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:36 AM   #483
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
myahoo - Samuel never stopped smiling as you thanked him and asked him for directions. "Ah, yes! Well, if you're headed for the Starline Waterfall so that you can reach the second level there is a cabin on the way and they will be able to heal your Pokemon more efficiently than I could." You listened as he explained, and it seemed to make sense. He finished by pointing toward a path that seemed to have been carved out between the trees leading away from his cabin. "Follow that trail and it will lead you right out to the Galea Plains where you will see a cabin in view as soon as you exit the forest. They'll take good care of your Pokemon for you over there!" With this new knowledge, you said your goodbyes and began to follow the trail as Samuel waved goodbye in the distance from where you started.

The trail wasn't very long, perhaps a couple of miles, but the terrain was flat so it wasn't much of an issue. The sun was, however, beginning to set since you've had quite a long day at this point. You were happy once you reached the Galea Plains, the darkness in the forest was starting to feel a tiny bit creepy and just like Samuel said, you could see a cabin in the not so far distance, it was even illuminated by the lights inside. You hurried on over to it and went inside, you spotted a female ranger behind the counter who was in the middle of blowing a bubble with some bubblegum and it popped the moment your eyes met. "Oh, hey. Wanna heal up?" She had a very laid back attitude, but you did come there for exactly that so you handed your Pokemon over. She quickly restored their health and returned them to you. "This place is pretty much self serve so help yourself to any brochures on the wall over there and if you wanna switch out any of your Pokemon you can use that PC. Also, we have guest rooms in the back if you wanna stay for the night." She seemed nice enough as she explained but the moment she was done she sat back in her chair and picked up a Pokemon fashion magazine and began flipping through it before you could even respond.

You glanced over at the wall that she had pointed out and one of the brochures caught your eye so you walked over and grabbed it to take a closer look. The brochure was all about how to get to the second level and that in order to climb the Starline Waterfall you will need a Pokemon with the Waterfall move which is taught by Marina Swift. As you casually looked over the brochure, you were faced with a decision of what you'd be doing next.
"Ah, yes! Well, if you're headed for the Starline Waterfall so that you can reach the second level there is a cabin on the way and they will be able to heal your Pokémon more efficiently than I could," Samuel said as Melissa nodded. She'd figured. Samuel then pointed at a path that she hadn't really paid much attention to while she was here. "Follow that trail and it will lead you right out to the Galea Plains where you will see a cabin in view as soon as you exit the forest. They'll take good care of your Pokémon for you over there!"

"Got it." Melissa nodded again. "Thanks again for everything," she said before waving Samuel goodbye and heading for the trail.


It was a mostly-easy walk to the plains, though Melissa couldn't help glancing up at the sky as the sun started setting. She hadn't realized she'd been gone for that long, but between running around the forest looking for the kid and Samuel's trial, she wasn't exactly surprised that she'd reached the end of the day.

As she emerged from the treeline, she spotted the cabin Samuel had told her about and immediately headed in that direction, returning both Cirrus and Wildfire before entering the cabin. A female ranger was sitting behind the counter in the middle of blowing bubblegum when Melissa entered.

"Oh, hey. Wanna heal up?" the ranger said. Melissa popped her Pokéballs off her belt and handed them over with a "Yup." It didn't take long for the ranger to return her Pokémon to her.

"This place is pretty much self serve so help yourself to any brochures on the wall over there and if you wanna switch out any of your Pokémon you can use that PC. Also, we have guest rooms in the back if you wanna stay for the night," the ranger said before settling back into her chair and picking up a Pokémon fashion magazine to flip through.

"Gotcha." Melissa nodded politely before going to browse the brochures. She definitely picked up the one on how to reach the second level of the Cloud Garden, but she hoped there was one that gave a nice overview of all of the Cloud Garden, so she could use it for reference. And to plan future visits, of course.

A while later, Melissa sighed and headed for the guest rooms. She figured she'd spend the night and head for the waterfall in the morning, so she could be well-rested for whatever she was gonna run into on her way to the second level. There was also the question of which Pokémon she should bring for the climb up the waterfall: Signal or Stream. She was thinking Stream, though, since Signal already had a turn and she hadn't brought the Finneon on an adventure since Whale Island and the dam. Eh, she figured she'd sleep on it and decide in the morning.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #484
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 958
Apologies for the delay in updating. This is generally my busiest time of the year for work, which has left me pretty drained from a creative standpoint. These two updates were all I could manage for now, but I promise I'll get to the rest soon!

Lil’twick:
He was a long way from home, but the young Teddy was excited to be setting out on a new adventure nonetheless. Accompanied by his trusted Jolteon Ganymede, he had arrived at the Cloud Forest of the Cloud Garden. The canopy of trees towered over him like skyscrapers while a gentle breeze caused the leaves to rustle calmly. A few bird Pokemon in the area chirped as a few beams of sunlight trickled down from above. It was a pretty peaceful setting as Teddy let out a relaxed yawn. Even though his adventure had just begun, maybe it was time to take in the scenery and have a quick nap while immersed in nature.

With the watchful Ganymede by his side, Teddy pulled his Teddiursa hood over his head and curled up on a perfect patch of grass underneath a beam of sunlight that filled him with warmth. As the young trainer quickly drowsed off soon after, his protective Jolteon patrolled back and forth. Ganymede gazed across the forest clearing, everything seemed to be in the clear. He headed over to a bush and began to sniff it as his ears suddenly perked up. The Jolteon’s head darted back to his trainer as he spotted a wild Zigzagoon carefully prying Stuffy from Teddy’s unconscious grasp. His eyes met with the thief’s and the needle-like fur on his back stood up. Without warning, the Zigzagoon took off with Stuffy in its mouth, making a run for it. Gan’s eyes narrowed as he took off after the thief. Zigzagoon was quick, but it was no match for a Jolteon who closed in on it in no time at all. One Quick Attack was all it took to knock the stuffed doll loose from the raccoon’s mouth and cause it to scurry away in retreat. Gan smiled triumphantly and gently shook some of the dirt off of Stuffy before carrying it back to his trainer.

However, as he reentered the clearing, Gan’s heart nearly stopped. Teddy was gone from the spot where he previously slept. Gan’s eyes darted frantically until he spotted some bushed and low-hanging branches on the opposite side of the clearing that had been trampled and knocked away. He darted over to investigate and immediately caught a whiff of a predatory creature. It had to be pretty big, from the side of the path it created. Gan hurried onward, hoping to catch up and find his trainer, but kept his guard up by remaining cautious. Eventually, Gan crouched down behind a bush as he peeked through to spot a large grizzled Ursaring who was lumbering towards a large hollowed out tree trunk with the sleeping Teddy in its arms.

Fearing that his trainer was about to become dinner, Gan was about to leap forward into action before he spotted the large bear lay Teddy down to rest inside the hollowed out den next to an actual Teddiursa cub. From the look of it, the mother Ursaring must have spotted Teddy and her maternal instincts mistook him for an abandoned cub. With Teddy safe and secure inside the den, she turned away and left to go search for food. Now was Gan’s time to act. He dashed into the entrance of the den and peered inside. Teddy’s eyes slowly opened as he felt a paw patting his face. It was the Teddiursa cub staring intently at him, trying to get a closer look. It would only be a matter of time until the mother Ursaring returned.



Naruxami:
Ahri had handled her first battle ever splendidly thus far, and was encouraged by Isaac’s support. She smiled, hoping to impress her mother as well, as Vinny watched on from the sidelines. The young Eevee stared down her opponent and patiently awaited her trainer’s orders. Oddish was slowly getting worn down, and this could be her big chance to put the nail in the coffin. As Isaac told her what to do, Ahri quickly nodded and charged forward, ready to fight.

Sensing Ahri’s incoming attack, Oddish began wafting its Sweet Scent once again, hoping to lower the Eevee’s guard and soften her attack. However, this was a feint as Ahri quickly spun around and Whipped the plant Pokemon with her Tail, lowering the Oddish’s guard instead. Oddish stumbled backwards, a bit taken aback, which left Ahri with the perfect opportunity to blast the weed with a Shadow Ball. Oddish squeaked in anguish as the ball of dark, ghostly energy slammed into it and knocked it on its back. The grass Pokemon was getting desperate as it struggled to get back to its feet. It made a last-ditch effort to Absorb some health back from Ahri, but the Eevee was quicker, ramming into it with a hard Tackle.

Oddish collapsed once again, this time for good as it rolled onto its back unconscious. Ahri stood proudly before her trainer victoriously, albeit a bit out of breath. Ahri has gained 2 levels! Peony grinned and clapped her hands together. “That was amazing!” she cheered, “You are like, a really good trainer, Isaac!” She was clearly sucking up to her idol, but she genuinely meant her words as she continued to gush. With Oddish now knocked out, the choice was now Isaac’s to make. If he desired, he would be able to throw a Pokeball at the weed no problem. What will he do?
__________________
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #485
Naru
the flower girl
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Apologies for the delay in updating. This is generally my busiest time of the year for work, which has left me pretty drained from a creative standpoint. These two updates were all I could manage for now, but I promise I'll get to the rest soon!

Naruxami:
Ahri had handled her first battle ever splendidly thus far, and was encouraged by Isaac’s support. She smiled, hoping to impress her mother as well, as Vinny watched on from the sidelines. The young Eevee stared down her opponent and patiently awaited her trainer’s orders. Oddish was slowly getting worn down, and this could be her big chance to put the nail in the coffin. As Isaac told her what to do, Ahri quickly nodded and charged forward, ready to fight.

Sensing Ahri’s incoming attack, Oddish began wafting its Sweet Scent once again, hoping to lower the Eevee’s guard and soften her attack. However, this was a feint as Ahri quickly spun around and Whipped the plant Pokemon with her Tail, lowering the Oddish’s guard instead. Oddish stumbled backwards, a bit taken aback, which left Ahri with the perfect opportunity to blast the weed with a Shadow Ball. Oddish squeaked in anguish as the ball of dark, ghostly energy slammed into it and knocked it on its back. The grass Pokemon was getting desperate as it struggled to get back to its feet. It made a last-ditch effort to Absorb some health back from Ahri, but the Eevee was quicker, ramming into it with a hard Tackle.

Oddish collapsed once again, this time for good as it rolled onto its back unconscious. Ahri stood proudly before her trainer victoriously, albeit a bit out of breath. Ahri has gained 2 levels! Peony grinned and clapped her hands together. “That was amazing!” she cheered, “You are like, a really good trainer, Isaac!” She was clearly sucking up to her idol, but she genuinely meant her words as she continued to gush. With Oddish now knocked out, the choice was now Isaac’s to make. If he desired, he would be able to throw a Pokeball at the weed no problem. What will he do?
Ahri shouted out her best mock howl. She had triumphed over her first foe without even breaking a sweat. Vinny let out a deep sigh, pleased with her daughter's victory but more pleased that she had made it out of it in one piece. Vinny trotted over to her daughter and gently licked an errant tuff of hair that was sticking directly upwards. Isaac smiled at the two, and then glanced down at the Oddish. It's eyes were swirled and dazed, it certainly had not seen such a headstrong Eevee willing to come at it with such force.

Peony gushed over Isaac once again, causing him to flush and rub the back of his head with his hand. He laughed nervously.

"Not really, musician first, trainer second." He smiled, it was mostly forced in order to not appear like a nervous homebody that could barely talk to other people. He grinned down at the Oddish, producing a Love Ball from his pack with ease. He shot a quick grin at Peony, "Let me catch this lil' cutie and then we'll get back on that selfie, sound good?" His white toothed grin was alluring, or so he hoped. He had no idea what the girls liked. He heard confidence was something they liked, but he wasn't really oozing with that. Vinny continued to groom her daughter as Isaac chucked the Love Ball at fainted Oddish. He prayed that the little cutie had incurred enough damage that it would be an easy catch, now all he had to do was wait for that satisfying click and slowly process a few name ideas.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam last.fm
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#2000
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #486
Marion Ette
Okay, Everyone!
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Literature Club
Posts: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Marion Ette - Your heart practically stopped as you saw Bia being lured by a fisherman's line. Nothing else mattered to you at this point, all you knew was that you needed to get Bia back, NOW. You yelled at the top of your lungs, it was heard from every direction around the Starline River and even into the Galea Plains. For a brief moment, all of the picnic goers and fisherman dropped what they were doing and there was nothing but dead silence, that is, with the exception of another kind of shout nearby. "W-w-w-wwwhooooaaa!" You glance behind you only to see the woman from before completely fall into the river, now all of her flyers were floating down it as she sat on her bum in the water, without even attempting to get up. She began sobbing pathetically as she sat there, as if her entire world was ending. It wasn't long before people began chatting amongst themselves again, ignoring the woman as well as you.

Bia was playfully dodging each flyer as she swam through the water and back to you. She seemed to find this whole dodging papers thing rather fun so she was intentionally staying in the water but at least she listened as she slowly returned. "Oh no you don't missy! If I'm goin' to fit in with the youngters of these days I've gotta catch me this here ultra rare. I don't know what kind o' spell you've put on it but I saw it first, fair n' square!" The old man who was trying to fish Bia out of the water earlier was clearly not okay with you taking away the Pokemon he had his sights set on. He then reached for his belt and threw a pokeball toward you. It popped open releasing a Magikarp who was now flopping in the grass beside the river. "Alrighty Mr. Lucky, Splash at that there lady. Go on ahead now." Bia was right beside you in the water at this point, chewing on one of the soggy flyers. You were now watching as this Magikarp was, very slowly, flopping in the grass and inching toward you in the least threatening way possible. It even appeared to be breaking a sweat as it attempted to Splash its way across the ground in your direction with a look on its face that almost seemed like it was contemplating all of its life decisions that had led up to this moment. The old man wasn't taking his eyes off of Bia and was getting ready to throw out his lure toward her again.
Kijo tenses at the situation unfolding in front of her. Instinctively, something wasn't right. Her thoughts move a mile a minute: first of all, any logical human being would have come to the conclusion that Bia belonged to Kijo. True, some short-sighted, asshole trainers had a hard time connecting the brutish woman with a tiny, pink cub, but this... no, this went beyond simple bias. Either the old man was - to put it politely - eccentric, or something more sinister was going on.

A woman with a missing Pokemon - this crazy old man - the Magikarp, pathetically splashing its way toward her. Were these all separate events, or was there a connection? Was this seemingly ineffective attempt at an attack going to turn deadly? How close was that Magikarp to evolution? Was there more to this setup than meets the eye...? Sure, Kijo could be overthinking, but it was this very trait that made her invaluable in the field. Her mind was always on the move - always adapting.

Kijo thinks quickly, and does what comes most naturally (or rather, second most naturally to kicking the shit out of everyone involved)... lie through her teeth.

"SIR," Kijo shouts to the man, hoping to interrupt the second cast, "You misunderstand the situation! I have more important things on my mind, as should you. Do you not see that woman over there has lost a precious Pokemon of her own? Can you not overlook your selfish desires for one, brief moment to provide her with some much-needed assistance? Besides, that precious Pokemon you are attempting to capture has come to answer her cries for help! Can't you see?"

Kijo quickly shoots a glare at Bia, its harshness is not out of of anger, but of insistence. Bia stares back for a moment, confused, before the pieces click together in her mind, and she makes her way towards the woman who dropped the fliers, trying her damndest to look like a pure-of-heart Pokemon motivated by the amelioration of human suffering, rather than an easily distracted little bear who liked to swim.

Poor Magikarp, Kijo thinks as her plan is set in motion, giving the creature a strangely sympathetic look. Crawling up the shore, sent on a mission doomed to fail... How many times had she felt that way as a young whelp, sent on the missions that no one else wanted? How many times had she returned to base, bruised, broken, her poor Teddiursa defeated in the most humiliating way possible? She would neither condescend to it by helping it, nor kick it back in the water. For now, she would simply let the fish be, and carefully monitor the reaction of the man...
__________________
Do you enjoy RP? If so, then join us at the UPN RPG Forum!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #487
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 260
Maskerade:
As you watch over the sleeping Komala, your mind floods with violent fantasies of how you might conquer this trial. Your hand grips at your side, the suit of armor creaking and clunking as you move, but you find that this dream world has not even provided you with a sword. Instead, you call out Abbadon who appears in a flash of light. The Aerodactyl nearly hits his head on the ceiling and lets out a hiss. To complement your knight in shining armor, Abbadon is adorned with a leather saddle which he is attempting to pull off of himself. He turns his anger towards the sleeping Pokemon opening his jaws menacingly. You pull his attention back to you, knowing that letting your Aerodactyl eat this Komala might end in failure of the trial. After directing him to try to rouse the Komala with noise, he positions himself over the canopy bed.

Abbadon lets forth a Supersonic screech, you feel it reverberate in your knight’s helmet. The Komala scrunches up her face and rolls to one side, trying to get away from the noise. Its eyes are still firmly shut, and the little snore it makes lets you know it is definitely still asleep. The log in its arms is suddenly swung forward, and the Komala smacks itself in the face in confusion. Komala then Spins the log around Rapidly, hitting Abbadon in the snout and making him snarl. After the sudden fit, Komala settles back down into the pillow and relaxes.


----------------

Skunkaru:
You hurry to your Pokemon, worried they might have hurt themselves in the chaos of falling plants and pottery. Taro finished shaking themselves off while you sought out your Lopunny. Before you could scold him, the rolling of the cart that signaled the approach of another person made the three of you freeze. Once you realized it was just a gardener, you felt comfortable enough to start thinking of a plan.

Worried and considerate Taro had already made their way over to the gardener, who hadn’t noticed the Stunky or even the mess all over the greenhouse floor. They bumped up against the older man’s leg, making him jump and turn in surprise.
“Hello little one!” He laughed and knelt to pet the Stunky, brushing off a few clumps of dirt that still clung to their fur. “How did you get in here? We don’t see Stunky like you very often around here…” He looked up to see you, and then the mess of broken pots and dirt all over the floor.
“Oh dear,” he muttered, a more serious look on his face. You quickly began to explain. Your overexcited Lopunny, the Rose Trial, your Pokemon’s curiosity getting the best of them. As you finish your explanation you worry how the old gardener might respond. After a moment, he slaps his knee and gives out a wholehearted laugh, finishing with a bit of a cough that had found him in his old age. He makes his way over to the broken pots and picks up some of the pieces.
“Ohh no worries child, we have too many of these old things in this greenhouse anyway.” He explains. You notice that there are stacks of dusty pots lining the walls of the greenhouse. “I’m just glad no one got hurt! Now you mentioned you’re here for the trial?” He wipes some sweat off his brow and points out the back door of the garden. “If you just follow that path there to the middle of the garden, you should find a gazebo. Miss Primrose should be around. Good luck to you!” He gives you a reassuring pat on the shoulder, and ruffles the fur on Taro’s head.


----------------

King Ghidorah:
The beginning of your walk through the Cloud Forest is quiet. Your old companions are of course glad to be at your side, but still seem wary of what they might encounter. It’s midday and the forest is relatively calm, you can hear the distant cries of Pokemon and the rustling of leaves as the wind blows through the trees. Kingler scuttles across the forest floor, looking in the knolls of trees and dense bushes for anything of interest. Your Throh walks a bit ahead of you, eyes to the sky to watch out for any flying types that might try and dive bomb you and your team.

The relative silence is interrupted by a loud crunch, and Throh stops in his tracks. Slowly, he bends down and picks up the source of a noise. A pair of binoculars. He holds them out to you with a worried look on his face. You take a look, they’ve almost been completely snapped in half and the glass in one lens is completely shattered.

“HEY!” You hear a voice call from behind you. You and your Pokemon turn to see a young boy running towards you, flailing his arms above his head. “THOSE ARE MINE! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STEAL MY PRECIOUS BINOCULARS!” He’s obviously angry, and before you can say anything he grabs a Pokeball from his belt and chucks it forward. In a flash of light a Doduo appears, looking rather confused to be called out so suddenly.

“Get my binoculars back Clarence!” The boy directs, “Pluck them out of that thief’s hands!” The Doduo’s two heads look at each other for a moment, then Clarence begins to charge at you, ready to Pluck the binoculars right out of your hands.


----------------

Missingno Master:

“I’ll see you later this evening then,” Madoka smiles. “Please feel free to explore to your hearts content!” She picks up the broom again and retreats up the steps, sliding open the shrine door and closing it behind her. The shrine maiden’s Midday Lycanroc jumps off the stone pedestal and bounds off. Its Midnight counterpart opens a red eye and looks at you and your Swoobat. It lets out a low grumble and rolls over to fall back asleep.

You and Luna start with a walk through the grounds of the shrine. In early spring, the trees are just beginning to bloom and you can see the faintest pink of cherry blossoms. You walk through the small gathering of trees, spotting a few bird Pokemon settled in the branches. On the opposite side stands several boulders, some of which are decorated with pictures of rock types like Solrock and Lunatone. You notice that these rocks are big enough to conceal even large Pokemon, especially as the sun began to set and the shadows began to lengthen. Signs at the edge of the shrine point you to a cave, as well as the Waterfall that you can faintly hear from the shrine. It’s nearly twilight, and you decide it is probably best if you meet back up with Madoka at the shrine to let her know you are ready.

You hear the trial captain before you see her, lightly strumming a shamisen in her lap. At her side floats a Carbink who seems to be enjoying the song she is playing. Her eyes are closed, but she notices the flapping of Luna’s wings and looks up.
“Welcome back.” She says quietly. There is the crowing of a Murkrow above as the flock gathers together to find a place to sleep for the night. “If you’re ready to start, you’ll need 4 Pokemon. I’m excited to see what kind of strategy you’ll come up with!”
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #488
King Ghidorah
Pokemon Trainer
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post

King Ghidorah:
The beginning of your walk through the Cloud Forest is quiet. Your old companions are of course glad to be at your side, but still seem wary of what they might encounter. It’s midday and the forest is relatively calm, you can hear the distant cries of Pokemon and the rustling of leaves as the wind blows through the trees. Kingler scuttles across the forest floor, looking in the knolls of trees and dense bushes for anything of interest. Your Throh walks a bit ahead of you, eyes to the sky to watch out for any flying types that might try and dive bomb you and your team.

The relative silence is interrupted by a loud crunch, and Throh stops in his tracks. Slowly, he bends down and picks up the source of a noise. A pair of binoculars. He holds them out to you with a worried look on his face. You take a look, they’ve almost been completely snapped in half and the glass in one lens is completely shattered.

“HEY!” You hear a voice call from behind you. You and your Pokemon turn to see a young boy running towards you, flailing his arms above his head. “THOSE ARE MINE! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STEAL MY PRECIOUS BINOCULARS!” He’s obviously angry, and before you can say anything he grabs a Pokeball from his belt and chucks it forward. In a flash of light a Doduo appears, looking rather confused to be called out so suddenly.

“Get my binoculars back Clarence!” The boy directs, “Pluck them out of that thief’s hands!” The Doduo’s two heads look at each other for a moment, then Clarence begins to charge at you, ready to Pluck the binoculars right out of your hands.

Well, this went from zero to one hundred very quickly.

Throh’s face grew panicky knowing that his two-headed doom was charging toward him like a feathery freight train.

“Hey pal! Call off the birds! This was a simple misunderstanding!” Hugo called. But whether the boy couldn’t hear him or chose to ignore him, Clarence kept rumbling forward.

Clutching the broken binoculars, Hugo put his hands on Throh’s powerful shoulders, looking the Judo Pokemon in the eye.

“Alright, look. You can handle this. I know you’re at a disadvantage, but this isn’t anything you can’t take of. You just need to believe in yourself.”

Hugo was running out of time. He could see Clarence closing in, beaks angrily ready to Pluck.

“Okay, you need t—”

But Hugo was interrupted by the furious scuttle of Kingler, placing himself between Hugo and the Doduo.

Of course. Kingler. In the heat of everything, he totally forgot Kingler. But Kingler, ever the hero, knew when he was needed. Hugo knew Kingler had no reason to fear Doduo. Not only did Kingler have a good 50 lb weight advantage, but he wasn’t outnumbered either. Sure, Clarence had two angry heads, but Kingler had two massive claws in which to clamp, smack, and knock their bird brains around.

The crab Pokemon looked back at Hugo with determination in his eyes, waiting for instruction, as Doduo was just about in striking distance.

“Alright, Kingler! Use Protect! Then freeze that thing in its tracks with Icy Wind!”

Hugo and Throh winced and braced for impact behind Kingler.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #489
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,583
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Raves: Totsuka had come to the conclusion that this clearly was a prank sent by the rowdy group of teens. Though you still were of the opinion to pay them no mind, your Shadow Zangoose was stirred up enough to start taking revenge. She grabbed the thermos of tea and quickly roped her Garchomp companion into assisting her. Cal took a deep breath in and Blew-back a rather intense gust of wind. Totsuka, senses heightened with Detect, jumped back a bit as a wave of scorching tea splashed over the side of the container and landed on to your picnic blanket.

The whirlwind soared through your campsite and over to the neighboring one. It rustled the boughs of the tree violently. There was a brief shriek and a thud as the girl climbing the tree lost her grip on the shaking tree and hit the ground.
“Which one of you did that!!” The girl pulled herself up and dusted herself off, angrily looking at her mates. “Ugh, look!” She showed them her arm, a large gash running up the length between her wrist and her elbow.
“Wasn’t me!” One of the boys held up a Pokeball. “Staravia was in his ball the whole time, I swear.”
Each of the youngsters defended themselves, confused as to what had just happened. After a moment, it clicked, and they turned to look over at you and your Pokemon.
“HEY!” The girl who had fell yelled. She was stomping over to your campsite, retrieving a Great Ball from a pouch on her waist. “What the hell, are you looking for a fight? I’ll destroy you!” Even though she was clutching her arm in pain, she looked furious, hair a wild mess from your Garchomp’s attack. Blood dripped down onto her torn jeans. She dropped the ball on the ground, and in a flash of light a Pignite appeared. The Fire-Fighting type blew a puff of smoke from its nostrils and locked eyes with Totsuka.

Totsuka was not one to be defeated in a prank war, and as the shadow pokemon readied herself for the retaliatory stunt, Alex paid little heed, biting into a sandwich.

That is, until the tea went flying.

He almost choked on the sandwich as the Zangoose ducked out of the way of the cup and liquid, the blast of wind hurtling for the tree as tea splashed onto the basket, which was no big loss or harm to the food within. The tree shook violently and after a couple of seconds a scream emanated from the tree. "Oh, jeez...act natural, act natural..." he murmured to himself. The girl climbing the tree had evidently fell out of it and had turned to her friends in accusation, and as they argued the Zangoose could only fold her arms and stifle laughter as Caladbolg clapped his claws together. Gol on the other hand only sat and watched as the teens pieced together the evidence, at which point Totsuka burst into laughter, slapping her knee.

The girl's fuming approach was anything but a laughing matter however, and as she snarled at Alex, he only shrugged innocently, while motioning his gauntlet towards the Zangoose. "I did nothing wrong. You try keeping a shadow pokemon out of trouble, this is on her paws," he replied, but he may as well have declared himself a member of Team Rocket for all that mattered as the teen released a rather steamed porcine beast, who locked eyes with the bemused Zangoose. As Cal sat back and watched, the Golurk rose to his full thirteen plus foot height and made for the bush, paying no attention to the fight that was doubtlessly going to erupt, opting to investigate further.

"Totsuka, this one's on you. Go do something productive, hm?" Alex chirped, the shadow Zangoose grumbling. They started this prank war, they had to pay the consequences. And she hadn't had her biscuits either. As the Zangoose held said biscuits in paw, she looked back at the Pignite in disinterest. If it meant she had to slap the hog around to get rid of these idiots, so be it. Without a care, the pokemon planned to simply stick her tongue out at the fire pig in a taunt, then chuck some pulse of water in its face to choke out those smoky puffs, then god knows what, maybe a shadow panic or something to scare it and the girl away. She didn't really care that much, so long as she got to have her biscuits.
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:04 PM   #490
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Missingno Master:

“I’ll see you later this evening then,” Madoka smiles. “Please feel free to explore to your hearts content!” She picks up the broom again and retreats up the steps, sliding open the shrine door and closing it behind her. The shrine maiden’s Midday Lycanroc jumps off the stone pedestal and bounds off. Its Midnight counterpart opens a red eye and looks at you and your Swoobat. It lets out a low grumble and rolls over to fall back asleep.

You and Luna start with a walk through the grounds of the shrine. In early spring, the trees are just beginning to bloom and you can see the faintest pink of cherry blossoms. You walk through the small gathering of trees, spotting a few bird Pokemon settled in the branches. On the opposite side stands several boulders, some of which are decorated with pictures of rock types like Solrock and Lunatone. You notice that these rocks are big enough to conceal even large Pokemon, especially as the sun began to set and the shadows began to lengthen. Signs at the edge of the shrine point you to a cave, as well as the Waterfall that you can faintly hear from the shrine. It’s nearly twilight, and you decide it is probably best if you meet back up with Madoka at the shrine to let her know you are ready.

You hear the trial captain before you see her, lightly strumming a shamisen in her lap. At her side floats a Carbink who seems to be enjoying the song she is playing. Her eyes are closed, but she notices the flapping of Luna’s wings and looks up.
“Welcome back.” She says quietly. There is the crowing of a Murkrow above as the flock gathers together to find a place to sleep for the night. “If you’re ready to start, you’ll need 4 Pokemon. I’m excited to see what kind of strategy you’ll come up with!”
Terri smiled in response to Madoka and gave a small bow before the shrine maiden retreated up the steps. As the Midday Lycanroc left, the Midnight one finally took notice of Terri, before giving a low grumble and resuming its slumber.

And so Terri and Luna began to explore the grounds of the shrine. Terri had a smile on her face all the while, appreciative of the beauty of the trees and their cherry blossoms, of the bird Pokémon sitting on the branches, of the massive boulders decorated with images of Pokémon like Solrock and Lunatone. The images of these mysterious Pokémon seemed particularly interesting to Terri, though it didn't escape her notice that the rocks themselves had potential as hiding places for Pokémon, even some of the larger species out there. Something to bear in mind for during the trial, perhaps...?

Eventually, the sun went down, and it came time to return to the shrine. And as Terri and Luna approached, they could see Madoka- well, no, honestly, they heard her before they saw her, for she was lightly strumming an instrument Terri believed was called a shamisen. It was quite pleasant, and the Rock/Fairy-type beside her seemed to agree with that sentiment. Speaking of which, Terri took out her Pokédex, intrigued by the combination of carbon, coal, and crystal that seemed to be enjoying the music.

"Carbink, the Jewel Pokémon. A Rock and Fairy-type," droned the device. "Carbink are born deep underground, the product of high temperatures and intense pressure. On rare occasions, the right conditions can cause a Carbink to mutate into the Mythical Pokémon Diancie."

Terri nodded as Madoka explained what she'd need. "I'm ready," she confirmed. "And I think I know which four Pokémon I'll use. The first one is Luna here," she added, with a nod to the Swoobat by her side.

"Thank you," Luna smiled.

Terri gave a smile in return, before turning back to face Madoka, clutching a Luxury Ball in her hand. "This is my second one," she added, before tossing the sphere into the air. "Observe, engage!"

In a flash of light, the Medicham appeared before Terri. Wordlessly, Observe started to, well, observe his surroundings. The shrine, the trial captain, the Carbink, and everything in between.

"And lastly," said Terri, producing a Poké Ball and enlarging it, "I'll be using these guys. Anger, engage!" And with that, she threw the ball in the air, and Terri's Nincada materialized before her.

"...I may have heard incorrectly through the Luxury Ball," Observe spoke up, eyeing the Nincada curiously, "but did she not tell you you needed four Pokémon? Anger is your third."

Terri nodded, her smile unchanged. "No, you heard right," she said to her Medicham. "I've picked my four. Right, Anger?" she added, turning to the Bug/Ground-type.

"...You think you got it all figured out, just like that?" spat the Nincada. "What, you think now's the time? You think I'm strong enough?"

Terri shook her head. "No. I know you are," she replied simply. "This is what you've been waiting for, right?"

The Trainee Pokémon gave a deep sigh. "You piss me off sometimes. You know that?" was all she said, before exactly the bright glow Terri was waiting for came over Anger's body. The claws and legs retracted into the body as the glow persisted, and once it had faded, there was a strange shell left behind. Until the back cracked, and then burst open, allowing the new to shed her old shell and spread her rapidly-beating wings for the first time ever! Terri smiled, and pointed her Pokédex at Anger.

"Ninjask, the Ninja Pokémon. A Bug and Flying-type, and the evolved form of Nincada. Ninjask will not obey a Trainer it doesn't respect, instead giving a loud and disapproving screech when given a command. It flies at speeds so fast that it was once thought to be invisible."

But things weren't done with that. Terri now focused on the shed shell on the ground, watched it. And for a moment, nothing happened with it. Until a strange ring of energy formed above where Anger's head had previously been encased, that is. With sentience anew, the shell hovered into the air. No longer merely a layer of Nincada skin, the spirit no longer physically bound to Anger, the floated before Terri, whose response was merely to turn her Pokédex on it.

"Shedinja, the Shed Pokémon. A Bug and Ghost-type. Born from the skin shed when a Nincada evolves, Shedinja does not eat or breathe. Though it cannot move its wings, this does not hinder its flight capabilities."

Terri produced a modified Grn Apricorn- a Friend Ball- from her backpack, enlarged it, and held it out to the Shedinja before her. "It's finally time, Vanish," she said. "Are you ready?"

"I am," was all the Shedinja said, before floating forward, tapping the Friend Ball's button with its hollow form. The Friend Ball sucked it inside for an instant catch, after which Terri tossed the Friend Ball into the air, sending Vanish right back out.

"Ah," observed Observe. "I see. The Shedinja is your fourth choice."

"Not necessarily," Terri replied, now turning to face Anger. "Our agreement stands," she said to the Ninjask. "I said that once you evolved, once Vanish was separated from you, that you were free to go. I stand by that- you can leave if you wish, seek out a Trainer you'll have more respect for. There'll be no hard feelings, I promise," she smiled.

For a moment, Anger said nothing, eyeing Terri in a way that was harder to read than a Ninjask's (lack of) expression usually was. "...I ain't saying I'm admitting I was wrong about you or anything," began the Ninjask. "But... I mean, you got me this far... I didn't think you had that much in you, and then you even caught that guy over there... I guess the least I can do is get you through this trial thing."

Terri's smile widened. Anger was obviously trying to sound insulting, but her voice was noticeably devoid of her namesake emotion. She had a feeling Anger wasn't going to seek out a better Trainer after all, loathe though she so obviously was to admit to being wrong about Terri. Well, that would come in due time, Terri figured. No sense in rushing it all. Best to focus on the trial.

"...We're ready," Terri said, turning back to Madoka. "I'll be using my Swoobat, my Medicham, my Ninjask, and my Shedinja."


Code:
What? Nincada is evolving!



...

...

...!



Congratulations! Your Nincada evolved into Ninjask!

*Anger learned Bug Bite!*

*Anger learned Screech!*

*Anger learned Fury Cutter!*

*Anger learned Double Team!*

*Anger learned Agility!*

...



Terri obtained a Shedinja!
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:02 PM   #491
Skunkaru
Pokemon Trainer
 
Skunkaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Skunkaru:
You hurry to your Pokemon, worried they might have hurt themselves in the chaos of falling plants and pottery. Taro finished shaking themselves off while you sought out your Lopunny. Before you could scold him, the rolling of the cart that signaled the approach of another person made the three of you freeze. Once you realized it was just a gardener, you felt comfortable enough to start thinking of a plan.

Worried and considerate Taro had already made their way over to the gardener, who hadn’t noticed the Stunky or even the mess all over the greenhouse floor. They bumped up against the older man’s leg, making him jump and turn in surprise.
“Hello little one!” He laughed and knelt to pet the Stunky, brushing off a few clumps of dirt that still clung to their fur. “How did you get in here? We don’t see Stunky like you very often around here…” He looked up to see you, and then the mess of broken pots and dirt all over the floor.
“Oh dear,” he muttered, a more serious look on his face. You quickly began to explain. Your overexcited Lopunny, the Rose Trial, your Pokemon’s curiosity getting the best of them. As you finish your explanation you worry how the old gardener might respond. After a moment, he slaps his knee and gives out a wholehearted laugh, finishing with a bit of a cough that had found him in his old age. He makes his way over to the broken pots and picks up some of the pieces.
“Ohh no worries child, we have too many of these old things in this greenhouse anyway.” He explains. You notice that there are stacks of dusty pots lining the walls of the greenhouse. “I’m just glad no one got hurt! Now you mentioned you’re here for the trial?” He wipes some sweat off his brow and points out the back door of the garden. “If you just follow that path there to the middle of the garden, you should find a gazebo. Miss Primrose should be around. Good luck to you!” He gives you a reassuring pat on the shoulder, and ruffles the fur on Taro’s head.
Irwin started explaining what had happened. Tira peaked out from behind Irwin and occasionally pipped in with added details or small fibs to alleviate blame. After the clunky explanation there was a long pause. The gardener leaned in on his knees and looked down. Irwin couldn’t see the gardener’s face and thought for a moment that he must be furious. But the gardener’s breathing turned instead into laughter! Taro was relieved and wiggled playfully in response. The old man finished up his hearty laugh with a cough and clarified that the green house had ceramic planters in abundance. No harm done. Phew! The conversation turned back to the Rose Trial. The mere mentioning of it caused Tira to spring forward. Directions were given and Tira pulled excitedly on Irwin’s sleeve. The old gardener wished Irwin’s group good luck and ruffled the fur on Taro’s head. Taro closed their eyes and leaned in with enjoyment, which almost caused them to fall over when the gardener stepped away.

Tira went to bolt out of the greenhouse, but Irwin caught the Lopunny by the wrist just in time. “B-but the Rose Trial! And the Primrose-Rose be thatta way! I looked for ‘em in dah bucket but she wasn’t there.” Just a moment ago, the Lopunny had clearly denied pulling on the hanging basket, but ignoring that, Irwin pointed over to the old gardener. The old man picked up a few planter shards off of the ground and now tried to stand back up with some struggle. The Lopunny threw back his head and groaned. Irwin walked over and offered to help clean up before they left. Taro scampered over to assist. Irwin grabbed the dustpan and Taro swept with their tail. Tira even helped a little by rolling over a large garbage can that he then leaned on in annoyance until everyone else was done. This didn’t take long and soon the Lopunny burst forth from the greenhouse on the way to the trial. Taro and Irwin followed. “I’ma gunna be the best-! The best Rose!” Tira took off running.
“Other way,” Irwin shouted. Tira course corrected and the Taro and Irwin accompanying behind.
__________________

-Irwin★ (They/Them)
Fizzy Bubbles Profile
Skunkaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #492
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 485
Send a message via AIM to Patches
I will get to my other updates soon (probably tomorrow or saturday) but these are all I could manage today! Thank you for all of your patience, things have been extremely busy for me but are finally starting to calm down a little so I should be a bit more consistent again from here on out.

Meetan – You had a lot to take in. So much was happening around you and everyone was going off and doing their own thing besides your Pokemon body guards and Duchess who had decided to make her way over to you. You made all of the options clear for the Furfrou and it was obvious that only one of those options seemed to make her perk up a bit. However, before she even had a chance to give you her response, Billie the Ursaring went into action. It seems he stopped listening to what you were saying after mentioning you could ask someone to take her back and decided to take matters into his own hands. Next thing you know, Duchess is scooped up into Billie’s arms and then gently thrown over his shoulder. “Saring.” He gives you a thumbs up with his free arm and seems to be pretty proud of himself. He wants to take Duchess to the rest stop but he is still taking his guard duty seriously and hasn’t begun to move yet.

“Excuse me miss, I’d like to get a statement.” An officer approaches you and you give Axel the signal, he jumps in so that you can save your breath and relays everything the officer needs to know via telepathy. The officer is busy taking thorough notes when another voice addresses you. “So uh… Are you really going to be moving to the Cloud Garden?” Ivan has rejoined you and is rubbing the back of his neck with one hand while having a nervous smile on his face which is surprising since he has seemed to be pretty confident about everything prior to this moment. It seems even Ivan realizes how out of character he’s being and nervously clears his throat before continuing to speak with his usual tone. “I mean, if you do, that would be wonderful! This is a very beautiful place so it’s the perfect home for someone as lovely as yourself! I’m happy to know that this experience hasn’t swayed you from wanting to stay.”

Before Ivan could continue, the officer cut in. “Well that should do it! Thank you both for your cooperation!” The officer walks off and that is when you notice that Joe isn’t on the ground anymore, in fact, he is nowhere to be seen. “If you’re wondering about Joe, he went with the police so that he could get medical attention. I wanted to stick around so that we could make sure your Pokemon get healed. That and… Well, I wasn’t about to leave you behind because then I’d just worry. How about we head back to the cabin?” After that, he looks at Billie and waves his hand through the air in the direction of the cabin as a signal that it’s time to go. You, along with Axel and Franklin begin following closely behind Billie, Duchess, and Ivan. “Skiddo!” You all stop and turn around to see Skiddo reunited with her young looking very thankful. She walks up and nuzzles your hand with gratitude before turning around and traveling in the opposite direction, then you all continue onward. Once you get to the cabin Ivan gets to work immediately and heals everyone’s Pokemon and returns Billie to his ball.

“That should do it!” Ivan walks out of a back room and Duchess charges out from behind him and into the lobby where you stand looking better than ever. “Furrrrr!!” She begins to run around your legs happily and even jumps on you a bit, nearly knocking you over. “I think she wants to go with you. Not gonna lie, I’m a bit jealous.” Ivan chuckles, it’s clear that he is feeling very happy for Duchess even if he is a little envious. “Well, I’m going to be honest, I’m happy that this whole situation was resolved but I know that this means we are probably going to be apart for a while, so I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little upset.” Ivan picks an envelope and a package up off of the desk in front of him that you hadn’t really noticed prior to that moment. “As a ranger, I’m supposed to reward any trainers who do things that benefit the Cloud Garden.” He hands you the envelope which contains some money. “Now that I’ve done my duty as a ranger, I’d also personally like to give you something to remember me by.” That is when he hands you the package. When you open it, there is a Love Ball and a Heart Scale that have both been delicately placed inside of the pink silk lined box. “I’m very happy I met a woman like you and I hope you’ll visit me some time since you’re going to be moving here. Don’t forget you have my number too, don’t go deleting it now. I’m certainly going to be taking extra special care of yours.” He holds his phone up playfully and winks at you. “Wartortle!!” Franklin has gotten bored with the lack of attention on him and taps on your leg to get you to look his way and immediately flashes you a sparkling smile and a peace sign. “Frou…?” Duchess has calmed down a bunch since she had first emerged from the back room and is now wondering if your offer still stands.

Congratulations you have reached the end of this adventure! You may also capture the lv. 20 female Furfrou who also knows the moves Attract and Frustration and add them to your party if you’d like. You may also continue to explore the Cloud Garden too of course!

You’ve obtained:

$750 Pokedollars
x1 Heart Scale
x1 Love Ball


---------------------

Marion Ette – Not one to ever let your guard down, you begin to immediately assess the situation and come up with many different scenarios so that nothing can surprise you. Fortunately, you have plenty of time to think things through since Mr. Lucky the Magikarp is taking quite a while to even get near you. After thinking about all of the different possibilities, you decide that lying is going to probably be the best course of action for now. You begin to express just how concerned you are for the woman who is now sitting in the river, you may not actually give a damn but there is no way that man will catch onto that. And boy did he really not catch onto your lie. He had such a touched look on his face as he watched Bia approach the woman with “concern”. Suddenly a tear is falling down his cheek and he wipes it away with one hand and gasps emotionally. “Oh you’re such a kind lil’ ‘mon yes you are! You’re oh so right! This poor lady needs our help! Bad Luck Bear!” Suddenly he reaches for another ball from his belt and this time throws it releasing a large Pangoro.

Bad Luck Bear the Pangoro doesn’t look pleased to be out of his ball but it’s hard to tell because that displeased look on his face seems permanent. “Bad Luck Bear, I need you to go o’er there and help Ultra Rare there out and get that woman out of the river.” Bad Luck Bear walks over to the woman whom Bia is directly next to at this point and does as he’s asked and lifts the woman up and out of the water, suddenly her tears dry right up as she is completely surprised by the sudden gesture since she had apparently been oblivious to her surroundings before this moment. “H-hey! Put me down please!!” The woman has pure fear in her eyes as she looks up at her “savior”. “Pan?” Bad Luck Bear seems confused and, in his confusion, he causes a scene that lives up to his name. Not paying attention to where he’s going, he trips over something in the river before he can get out. “PoooOOooo??” Whatever it was that he tripped over, has a voice.

The Pangoro was on his way down and he was taking the woman with him. Bia was no fool and turned right around and was going to get out of there, FAST! However, whatever was in the water knew it needed to get out of there too but wouldn’t be fast enough on its own, but it did notice Bia’s speed and figured it could use her to its advantage. Just as Bia was trying to zoom past it, a Slowpoke leaps out of the water, moving faster than it ever had in its entire life and had managed to time things perfectly and lands right on top of Bia in an attempt to ride her out of this mess. This plan backfires however, being very heavy, Bia is now pinned beneath this Slowpoke. Fortunately, the water is pretty shallow in this spot so her head is still exposed to the air, but the Slowpoke is panting on top of her, completely out of breath from the amount of energy that was expended in that moment of pure adrenaline. Also, at this point, Bad Luck Bear and the woman had completed their fall a while ago and were both laying in the river a couple of feet away from Slowpoke and pinned Bia, so all of the fuss was really for no reason. “Slooooooooow.” The Slowpoke yawned and didn’t seem to have any interest in moving any time soon.

“Omg!! Peanut!! I thought I’d never find you again!” The woman scrambles out of the water, happy tears in her eyes, and leaps at the Slowpoke, however, she pauses when she is close enough to get a good look. “Oh… You’re not Peanut…” Suddenly those happy tears revert to sad tears once again. Bad Luck Bear stands up and slowly steps out of the river, shaking himself off. That’s when you feel something lightly smacking into your leg repeatedly and when you look down you can see it’s Mr. Lucky the Magikarp having reached her destination and accomplished her mission. “Good job Mr. Lucky! You get ‘em lass!” The old man seems pleased. “Poke?” And now the Slowpoke has finally realized that there is a woman standing there crying in front of it, still pretty oblivious to Bia’s current predicament beneath it though.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #493
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 594
Third Time's the Charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Meetan – You had a lot to take in. So much was happening around you and everyone was going off and doing their own thing besides your Pokemon body guards and Duchess who had decided to make her way over to you. You made all of the options clear for the Furfrou and it was obvious that only one of those options seemed to make her perk up a bit. However, before she even had a chance to give you her response, Billie the Ursaring went into action. It seems he stopped listening to what you were saying after mentioning you could ask someone to take her back and decided to take matters into his own hands. Next thing you know, Duchess is scooped up into Billie’s arms and then gently thrown over his shoulder. “Saring.” He gives you a thumbs up with his free arm and seems to be pretty proud of himself. He wants to take Duchess to the rest stop but he is still taking his guard duty seriously and hasn’t begun to move yet.

“Excuse me miss, I’d like to get a statement.” An officer approaches you and you give Axel the signal, he jumps in so that you can save your breath and relays everything the officer needs to know via telepathy. The officer is busy taking thorough notes when another voice addresses you. “So uh… Are you really going to be moving to the Cloud Garden?” Ivan has rejoined you and is rubbing the back of his neck with one hand while having a nervous smile on his face which is surprising since he has seemed to be pretty confident about everything prior to this moment. It seems even Ivan realizes how out of character he’s being and nervously clears his throat before continuing to speak with his usual tone. “I mean, if you do, that would be wonderful! This is a very beautiful place so it’s the perfect home for someone as lovely as yourself! I’m happy to know that this experience hasn’t swayed you from wanting to stay.”

Before Ivan could continue, the officer cut in. “Well that should do it! Thank you both for your cooperation!” The officer walks off and that is when you notice that Joe isn’t on the ground anymore, in fact, he is nowhere to be seen. “If you’re wondering about Joe, he went with the police so that he could get medical attention. I wanted to stick around so that we could make sure your Pokemon get healed. That and… Well, I wasn’t about to leave you behind because then I’d just worry. How about we head back to the cabin?” After that, he looks at Billie and waves his hand through the air in the direction of the cabin as a signal that it’s time to go. You, along with Axel and Franklin begin following closely behind Billie, Duchess, and Ivan. “Skiddo!” You all stop and turn around to see Skiddo reunited with her young looking very thankful. She walks up and nuzzles your hand with gratitude before turning around and traveling in the opposite direction, then you all continue onward. Once you get to the cabin Ivan gets to work immediately and heals everyone’s Pokemon and returns Billie to his ball.

“That should do it!” Ivan walks out of a back room and Duchess charges out from behind him and into the lobby where you stand looking better than ever. “Furrrrr!!” She begins to run around your legs happily and even jumps on you a bit, nearly knocking you over. “I think she wants to go with you. Not gonna lie, I’m a bit jealous.” Ivan chuckles, it’s clear that he is feeling very happy for Duchess even if he is a little envious. “Well, I’m going to be honest, I’m happy that this whole situation was resolved but I know that this means we are probably going to be apart for a while, so I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little upset.” Ivan picks an envelope and a package up off of the desk in front of him that you hadn’t really noticed prior to that moment. “As a ranger, I’m supposed to reward any trainers who do things that benefit the Cloud Garden.” He hands you the envelope which contains some money. “Now that I’ve done my duty as a ranger, I’d also personally like to give you something to remember me by.” That is when he hands you the package. When you open it, there is a Love Ball and a Heart Scale that have both been delicately placed inside of the pink silk lined box. “I’m very happy I met a woman like you and I hope you’ll visit me some time since you’re going to be moving here. Don’t forget you have my number too, don’t go deleting it now. I’m certainly going to be taking extra special care of yours.” He holds his phone up playfully and winks at you. “Wartortle!!” Franklin has gotten bored with the lack of attention on him and taps on your leg to get you to look his way and immediately flashes you a sparkling smile and a peace sign. “Frou…?” Duchess has calmed down a bunch since she had first emerged from the back room and is now wondering if your offer still stands.

Congratulations you have reached the end of this adventure! You may also capture the lv. 20 female Furfrou who also knows the moves Attract and Frustration and add them to your party if you’d like. You may also continue to explore the Cloud Garden too of course!

You’ve obtained:

$750 Pokedollars
x1 Heart Scale
x1 Love Ball
[/color]
Alice's heart jolted with hope, noticing the way that Dutchess seemed to perk up when she mentioned the Furfrou joining them. How reassuring indeed. After all, the Pokemon was a tough cookie with plenty of initiative, but she would have been worried about leaving her to the wild. If another shitty trainer or poacher had scooped her up, Alice could've hardly forgiven herself for letting the stray run loose. Before she could seal the deal, though, Billie had proudly swept Dutchess up. Nevermind.

And there went Ivan flirting again, cheeks a little rosy. “Oh, no problem, thanks a bunch.” Alice added before the officer walked away. Parting from Skiddo was bittersweet, too. They were both adorable (in spite of the marks and bruises all that tackling, riding and flying through the air was going to have left her with), and it was always sad to say goodbye to any Pokemon with whom she'd shared something with. Still, like she had said to Dutchess, she was going to be around for a while and they obviously knew where the Ranger's Cabin was, so perhaps they would all meet again.

So many hills, too. Alice really needed a Pokemon that could carry her lazy arse. On the walk back, she had a chance to talk about her potential move to the Gardens some more, conveying that the experience certainly hadn't put her off. There were shitty people everywhere, although the tourism of the Starline River meant that wasn't her location of choice. Alice was considering putting her base in the Galea Plains, closer to the Forest and Shrine beyond. It made sense, she said. The cabin was over here if she ever needed it and the River was right next door, plus the Farm wasn't a huge trek. It meant Alice always had somewhere to crash if she needed to, no matter what part of this level she ventured.

“Oh, hey, it's my girl!” Alice cheered. In the time that Furfrou had been patched up, Alice had gotten changed from her mucky adventure clothes into something else stylish and suiting of her needs: a denim tank top of white, black and blue; purposely torn and shedding in places, matched with sturdy white ankle boots and distressed navy shorts with white dots; belted to hold snug. The bright colour of her Pokegear stood out against the low v-neck. Axel, healed up with the rest of her team, had been healed up and sent back to the lab at New Fizz for some respite.

She giggled as the Pokemon barked and jumped about, a grin tugging at the heroine's lips at Ivan's forwardness. “Well, you could come with me, too, you know.” Alice teased, but of course she knew the man had a job he was supposed to be doing. Alice thanked the Ranger for the reward, but was clearly more in awe and excited at the prospect of a gift. She took the beautiful box, shifting to sit on the sofa again, fluffing Dutchess' fur before carefully opening it up. “Oh my gosh, all of this is my aesthetic! Even the box is cute! Thank you so much, Ivan!” She returned the Wartortle's peace sign with a grin and then returned her attention to Dutchess.

“Hm? You know, one of these is a perfect fit for you, too.” Alice said, plucking the Love Ball from its box. It expanded in her palm. “Thank you for trusting in me. The next trip I'm taking here will hopefully be more chill, so I think you should come with us. I even saved you a space in the jam!” Alice joked, claiming the levelled Pokemon for her own. Take that, crazy dumb bitch. Dutchess was with a better squad now. Kissing the translucent shell, Alice quickly rereleased Dutchess into the cabin, gave Franklin a snuggle and stood up with a stretch. After the long day, Alice informed Ivan that she was going to rest at the cabin overnight before heading out the next day.

((Collecting my rewards for this adventure, including Dutchess the Furfrou! Thanks sfm, Patches, you know how much I love and appreciate and adore all of what you give to me. <3))


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa
Oran Orchard: A berry farm located to the east of the Cloud Forest that is run by a small family. The farm is an orchard that is filled with berry trees of every variety. The family likes to enlist travelers to help with various tasks in exchange for berry or apricorn rewards. They also provide a service to convert apricorns into Pokeballs.


It was after midday when Alice set out again, a new team at her disposal and destination in mind. Dutchess padded along, cheerful to be with her new and obviously more loving human. It was a complete change to being with the other woman. While Alice wasn't steeped head to toe in luxury (not that some people would agree with that) and drinking and eating the finest of things, she still had higher standards but hadn't traded them away for empathy. Hell, Alice even had one of her other Pokemon, a Shiny Bellsprout, taking a ride in her topknot. Benny did remind her of old Pokemon, Dutchess had to admit. He wasn't cruel, but he was a bit of a snob-- although supposedly so was Alice. Oh, well, maybe that was just normal?

“Aww, yeah, here we are! Oran Orchard!” The blonde declared gladly. They had been walking a fair bit, the idol complaining about the exercise and longing for another Skiddo to carry her away. “I can't wait to see what's going on here. Farm shops and playing with farm animals is great!” She wondered if there was anything to ride or feed or pet. Dutchess barked, wagging her tail. The smell was unlike anything she had personally scented before, never having gone near a place where crops might grow or Pokemon might be out to pasture like this. It was certainly something.

“Alrighty. Time to get down to business, hopefully with some extra balls in my bag at the end of the day. Heh.” Alice's painted lips pulled into a shameless grin, the adventurer looking for the main entrance of the farm's buildings or someone else to point her the right way. Alice was more than happy to do some jobs for a chance at pink apricorns or other goodies, and she already had four to convert that Mimi, Nina and Samantha had brought her from their Incognito vacation. There was plenty to be done, and hopefully they'd have a more fun and peaceful time doing it. Touch wood, fingers crossed, etcetera.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #494
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 485
Send a message via AIM to Patches
myahoo – After a much needed good night’s rest, you find yourself feeling refreshed and start the day nice and early. They even had free refreshments set out for traveler’s so you won’t even be traveling on an empty stomach! There was no ranger waiting to greet you at the front desk though, it may be before their shift starts or something, but one thing that you do notice on the desk is a stack of maps that seemed to have what you were looking for.


After taking the map that contains all of Cloud Garden, you seem to be all set and head out!


The way to the Starline Waterfall was pretty straight forward, especially because you had encountered a few signs along the way that had directed you toward just following the river to your destination. It is the destination for any travelers who want to get to the second level after all, so it makes sense that there would be signs for it, it’s actually odd that you hadn’t noticed them before now. As you approach the waterfall one thing that you notice immediately is that, you aren’t the only person here. Not by a long shot. There are several trainers riding their Pokemon up the waterfall to go to other places but there were also trainers and just regular families having picnics at the water’s edge as well as Pokemon playfully jumping in and out of the water and even people taking photos while trying to get the waterfall in the background. You knew that you needed to find this Marina Swift person but didn’t know how exactly you were supposed to do that with all these people when you don’t even know what she looks like, she could be anyone.

There was, however, someone that stood out. There was a woman with blue hair, pulled up in a ponytail, riding, well more like surfing, on a Gyarados. The Gyarados was speeding through the water while the woman stood on top of it with confidence, there was no sign that she was going to fall at all, it was like she was made for this. Suddenly, she looks your way and you make eye contact. It feels a little awkward since she caught you staring but she doesn’t seem to mind, in fact, she calls for her Gyarados to change direction and is now coming right for you. Next thing you know she hops off his back and onto the land right where you stand. “Hello there, I haven't seen you around here before!” The woman speaks to you cheerfully. “I figured I’d introduce myself, my name is Marina Swift and I’m one of the trial captains here in the Cloud Garden. I don’t do my trials here though, those are held over in the Fountain Garden, but I spend a lot of my time here too so that I can help people get up to the second level. You had a certain look on your face that told me that you were here for a reason, so I just wanted to check on you. If you want to head up to the top of the waterfall, you’ll need one of your Pokemon to climb it. I also can’t allow you to go up there without proof that you’ve beaten one of the trials down here, you know, rules and all. Of course, I could be getting ahead of myself, you’re welcome to hang out down here if you’d like!”


---------------------

Missingno. Master – Now that it was dark, you were ready to challenge the trial, but not without a little preparation first. Madoka had stopped playing her shamisen and watched as you selected your Pokemon for the trial. “Oh, how wonderful!” Madoka claps with a cheery smile that is illuminated by the light of the moon after the evolution and new addition to your team is complete. “That was quite a unique way of choosing your four Pokemon, I hadn’t seen anything quite like that before. This is going to be an interesting match indeed.” Madoka stands up and gently places her instrument down on the ground and then picks up two flags, one red and the other blue, that she had laying behind her. “I was expecting you, so I had these ready and waiting.” As she begins to place the flags in their respective spots she also explains what it is you’ll be doing.

“For my trial, we will be playing a game of capture the flag. You should always have a Pokemon defending your own flag, while having the others try and capture mine. Whoever captures the others flag first, wins.” As soon as she finishes her explanation a pair of red eyes suddenly appear from what seemed to be out of nowhere directly in front of you. It’s the Midnight Lycanroc from earlier, only seeming much more alert than it had the first time you met. Madoka places the blue flag right by your team and gives you a bow. “Good luck!” After giving you brief words of encouragement, she begins to walk toward the red flag which she had placed on the opposite end of the playing field, the red eyes that were staring at you through the dark in silence, disappear as the Lycanroc turns around to follow its trainer.

“Everyone! Places, please!” Madoka calls out to her team then claps her hands together and Pokemon that you didn’t even realize were present before, begin to emerge. A Larvitar cuts across the field, right down the center and only stops once it reaches dead center and stares at you and your Pokemon with impatience, it’s clear that this little one is ready for this thing to get started. For a brief moment, the moonlight is completely blocked out before it is able to fully illuminate the ground once again, this causes you to look up and discover the source of the brief shadow, a Lunatone who is hovering up above, ready for whatever is to come. Then there are the Pokemon whose presence you were already aware of. Carbink, who is still close to Madoka but now hovering by the flag and the Lycanroc in its midnight form, standing in the space between Larvitar and the flag, breathing heavily while staring with its red eyes that almost feel like they can see right through you. All four of Madoka’s Pokemon have readied themselves and are waiting for you to make a move. “We’re ready when you are!” Madoka says with a playful tone.


Spoiler: show
Trial Information and Guidelines:

Trial 2: Ishi Madoka – Stone Shrine – Capture the Flag
Objective: A 4 vs 4 game of Capture the Flag. There are two game options, daytime and nighttime. For both game modes, the objective is to steal the opponent’s flag from their Flag-Keeper.
Rules: Designate one Pokemon to guard your flag as the Flag-Keeper. They are immobile but may still defend themselves with attacks. The other three Pokemon may take any strategy in attempt to steal the other team’s flag. There are various landmarks in the game field in which Pokemon are allowed to hide behind. Once a flag is stolen, the game is over. If the game exceeds eight turns, the result is a loss.
Competition Field Description: The challenger’s home base sits under a Torii Gate at the shrine’s entrance while Madoka’s base is directly in front of the shrine. A long, flat Sandou path connects the two bases and is lined with eight large stone lanterns, four on each side. Two stone platforms for stone Lion-Dog statues on either side of Madoka’s base feature where the Lycanroc sit. A cluster of pine trees stand to the west of the Sandou path while a pile of boulders and jagged rock formations sit to the east of the Sandou.
Known Pokemon & Tendencies:
Carbink: Flag-Keeper, uses defensive moves
Larvitar: Aggressive, often charges forward recklessly
Solrock(Day)/Lunatone(Night): Hovers above the field, attacks things in sunlight/moonlight. Chance to eclipse the sun/moon, darkening field of play
Lycanroc(Midday)/Lycanroc(Midnight): Lycanroc(Midday) uses aggressive ambush tactics while Lycanroc(Midnight) defensively guards flag and counter-attacks
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #495
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Missingno. Master – Now that it was dark, you were ready to challenge the trial, but not without a little preparation first. Madoka had stopped playing her shamisen and watched as you selected your Pokemon for the trial. “Oh, how wonderful!” Madoka claps with a cheery smile that is illuminated by the light of the moon after the evolution and new addition to your team is complete. “That was quite a unique way of choosing your four Pokemon, I hadn’t seen anything quite like that before. This is going to be an interesting match indeed.” Madoka stands up and gently places her instrument down on the ground and then picks up two flags, one red and the other blue, that she had laying behind her. “I was expecting you, so I had these ready and waiting.” As she begins to place the flags in their respective spots she also explains what it is you’ll be doing.

“For my trial, we will be playing a game of capture the flag. You should always have a Pokemon defending your own flag, while having the others try and capture mine. Whoever captures the others flag first, wins.” As soon as she finishes her explanation a pair of red eyes suddenly appear from what seemed to be out of nowhere directly in front of you. It’s the Midnight Lycanroc from earlier, only seeming much more alert than it had the first time you met. Madoka places the blue flag right by your team and gives you a bow. “Good luck!” After giving you brief words of encouragement, she begins to walk toward the red flag which she had placed on the opposite end of the playing field, the red eyes that were staring at you through the dark in silence, disappear as the Lycanroc turns around to follow its trainer.

“Everyone! Places, please!” Madoka calls out to her team then claps her hands together and Pokemon that you didn’t even realize were present before, begin to emerge. A Larvitar cuts across the field, right down the center and only stops once it reaches dead center and stares at you and your Pokemon with impatience, it’s clear that this little one is ready for this thing to get started. For a brief moment, the moonlight is completely blocked out before it is able to fully illuminate the ground once again, this causes you to look up and discover the source of the brief shadow, a Lunatone who is hovering up above, ready for whatever is to come. Then there are the Pokemon whose presence you were already aware of. Carbink, who is still close to Madoka but now hovering by the flag and the Lycanroc in its midnight form, standing in the space between Larvitar and the flag, breathing heavily while staring with its red eyes that almost feel like they can see right through you. All four of Madoka’s Pokemon have readied themselves and are waiting for you to make a move. “We’re ready when you are!” Madoka says with a playful tone.


Spoiler: show
Trial Information and Guidelines:

Trial 2: Ishi Madoka – Stone Shrine – Capture the Flag
Objective: A 4 vs 4 game of Capture the Flag. There are two game options, daytime and nighttime. For both game modes, the objective is to steal the opponent’s flag from their Flag-Keeper.
Rules: Designate one Pokemon to guard your flag as the Flag-Keeper. They are immobile but may still defend themselves with attacks. The other three Pokemon may take any strategy in attempt to steal the other team’s flag. There are various landmarks in the game field in which Pokemon are allowed to hide behind. Once a flag is stolen, the game is over. If the game exceeds eight turns, the result is a loss.
Competition Field Description: The challenger’s home base sits under a Torii Gate at the shrine’s entrance while Madoka’s base is directly in front of the shrine. A long, flat Sandou path connects the two bases and is lined with eight large stone lanterns, four on each side. Two stone platforms for stone Lion-Dog statues on either side of Madoka’s base feature where the Lycanroc sit. A cluster of pine trees stand to the west of the Sandou path while a pile of boulders and jagged rock formations sit to the east of the Sandou.
Known Pokemon & Tendencies:
Carbink: Flag-Keeper, uses defensive moves
Larvitar: Aggressive, often charges forward recklessly
Solrock(Day)/Lunatone(Night): Hovers above the field, attacks things in sunlight/moonlight. Chance to eclipse the sun/moon, darkening field of play
Lycanroc(Midday)/Lycanroc(Midnight): Lycanroc(Midday) uses aggressive ambush tactics while Lycanroc(Midnight) defensively guards flag and counter-attacks
Madoka had a smile on her face after witnessing the decidedly unique circumstances of Terri picking her Pokémon for the trial, though it wasn't much longer before she started to set things up for the trial. Two flags- one over by her, the other over by Terri. The name of the game, capture the flag. The rules were simple- one Pokémon guards the flag, the other three go for the opposing flag. When a flag was captured, the person tasked with guarding that flag lost. And following that explanation, Terri could see just what Madoka's team of four consisted of for this trial, in addition to her Midnight Lycanroc and her Carbink. The first newcomer sped onto the scene, stopping in the center of the field, an impatient look in its eyes. Intrigued, Terri consulted her Pokédex.

"Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokémon. A Rock and Ground-type. Born deep underground, Larvitar must eat its way to the surface, consuming all soil in its path. By the time it evolves, it is estimated to have eaten enough soil over its life to make a mountain."

But that wasn't all. The next one made its presence known in a rather noticeable way- namely, blocking out the moonlight momentarily. Terri looked up and smiled as she saw a crescent-shaped stone creature, one whose likeness she'd seen carved on a large rock earlier. Pokédex still in hand, Terri turned the device on the moon-like meteor.

"Lunatone, the Meteorite Pokémon. A Rock and Psychic-type. As it was first discovered at a crater where a meteor landed, Lunatone is believed to have come from space. The lunar phases seem to affect its health and energy, and it brims with power when exposed to the light of the full moon."

Terri smiled back at Madoka as the trial captain wished her luck, then turned to her Pokémon. Observe, Luna, Vanish, and even Anger were looking back at Terri, waiting to hear her out. "Observe," Terri began. "You should guard the flag. The flag guard can't move, can't actively go after the opponent's flag, but must fend off anyone going for our flag. That sounds perfect for you."

"I'm inclined to agree," Observe nodded.

"Keep an eye out for anything they might do," Terri instructed. "Lunatone might try blocking the moonlight during the trial to mess with us, but with Mind Reader, I'm sure you can keep track even without being able to see them. Anything that gets within range for a Force Palm should get just that."

Observe nodded once more, before walking over to the flag. He found himself being impressed yet again by Terri. The little girl was far from an experienced Trainer, but she was resourceful and intelligent, no denying that. Not only that, she understood Observe's battle style of choice rather well- for evidence, one needed look no further than who Terri chose to guard the flag.

Terri continued to address her Pokémon. "Observe can guard the flag well enough, but we should help him however we can," she stated. "Luna, I'd like you to handle Larvitar," she added to her Swoobat. "If Larvitar makes a move- and I think it will, probably before anyone else- then a Giga Drain should stop it in its tracks, or at least slow it down. Either way, if you get time to do so, use Calm Mind to prepare for later, and if not, follow up with Heart Stamp instead."

"You got it," Luna nodded, turning to focus her attention on Madoka's Larvitar.

Now Terri turned to the newest member of her team. "Lunatone might try to mess with us by blocking the moonlight like it just did," she said. "If it does that, Vanish, I want you to deal with it quickly, OK? If it starts moving that way, use Endeavor and follow up with Shadow Sneak."

"An ingenious strategy," remarked the Shedinja. "I take it I am also to avoid all oncoming attacks where possible?"

"Of course," nodded Terri. "But only the ones your Wonder Guard won't block, obviously."

"Naturally," agreed Vanish.

Lastly, Terri turned to Anger. "Anger, I want you to make an attempt for the flag," she said. "With your speed, you might be able to get this done before Carbink gets a chance to do anything. Between your Speed Boost and your Double Team, you might be able to completely overwhelm Carbink and get it all turned around. Grab the flag if you get an opportunity to do so, and if Carbink remains an obstacle, use Metal Claw."

"'Might' be able to?" repeated Anger. "Pfft. Watch and learn. You can't spell Ninjask without 'ninja'."

Terri merely smiled in response to this, before turning back to Madoka. "We're ready," she declared.


Trial Start!
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #496
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 260
King Ghidorah: You try to reason with the young trainer and his approaching bird Pokemon, but he isn’t listening. Instead, the kid is intently focused on his Doduo, somehow trying to channel his own energy through clenched fists and closing his eyes tightly. The Doduo’s long legs allowed him to close the distance between him and your Pokemon rather quickly. Both of Clarence’s heads pointed forward, sharp beaks ready to snatch the binoculars and probably snap at you while they were at it. Your Throh is hesitant, knowing that the Flying-type attack would definitely hurt. Luckily, Kingler was a bit quicker on his feet and stepped forward to protect his trainer and Pokemon companion. The expression on Clarence’s faces quickly changed as they witnessed Kingler taking a brave stance. It was too late for him to redirect himself, and he collided directly with Kingler’s Protective claw. The Doduo’s trainer opened his eyes just in time to see his Pokemon’s move fail and he cried out in frustration.

As the Doduo recoiled, Kingler prepared himself for his next move. He moved his oversized claw out of the way and blew an Icy Wind at Clarence. As the wind passed over the Twin Bird Pokemon, it created small crystals within his downy feathers. Clarence began to shiver violently, his two heads retreating closer towards his body as he tried to recover warmth. Kingler snapped one of his claws intimidatingly, and the Doduo began to retreat backwards slowly in fear.

“Clarence!!!” His trainer yelled. The boy ran to his Pokemon who immediately sought comfort by nuzzling the trainer with both heads. The trainer angrily pushed his Doduo off, then brushed off the ice on his feathers. “Get off me! Don’t be a baby! Here, follow me! RRAAAAGHHH!” The young trainer let out a battle cry and ran at Kingler, swinging his fists wildly. He hit Kingler’s hard shell several times before Clarence worriedly joined him, Pecking alongside his trainers punches. The two of them cried out in unison, and soon both trainer and Pokemon were in a Rage that didn’t look like it was going to be stopping anytime soon.


--------

Raves: Amused, you encourage Totsuka to engage in the battle with the Pignite. The Shadow Zangoose sighed and placed her biscuits back in the container in your picnic basket, shooting a look at Cal to make sure he didn’t lay a claw on them.

“Booboo,” the girl called out the affectionate nickname of her Pignite, “Prep yourself with Work Up!” But her order went unheard. The Pignite was already enraged at Totsuka sticking her tongue out and Taunting her opponent. Booboo stomped angrily and steam erupted from her nostrils. “What!? Fine, Rollout!” The trainer commanded and Booboo rolled into a ball and headed straight for Totsuka. Not wanting dirt to get all over her biscuits, Totsuka stepped forward off the blanket and into the path of the rolling Pignite. She let out a Pulse of Water from her mouth which encircled the Pignite right before the Rollout hit her. Booboo spun out and tumbled away in the mud that Totsuka had created.

“Booboo! Get up! Try again!” The girl yelled. One of her friends had brought her a towel to wrap around the wound on her arm. She stared daggers at you, furious that you weren’t even involved in this battle as a trainer. The Pignite slowly picked herself up and shook off the remaining water. She curled back up into a ball, but took off in the opposite direction, smashing into a tree and hurting herself in confusion. Thinking the tree was her opponent, she lit it up with several Embers. Her trainer shrieked and attempted to snap her Pokemon out of it. A couple of her friends rushed over and attempted to put out the fire while another frantically searched through his bag to retrieve a Water-type.

Cal and Totsuka laughed, delighted at the ensuing shenanigans. Totsuka reached back into the basket to retrieve her biscuits only to come up empty-pawed. She hissed at Cal, who was again confused as to what had happened. He had been watching the battle. Before Totsuka could unleash her rage at the Garchomp, Gol motioned to a rustling cluster of bushes nearby.


--------

Skunkaru: Before Tira could rush on to your next destination, you hold him back and let the gardener know that you’d all be happy to help clean up. The older man laughs in delight and directs you to the location of dust pans in the greenhouse. You and Taro clean up the soil and broken pots rather quickly, and the gardener thanks the two of you with a pat on the head for Taro and a handshake for yourself. You notice that he has placed something in your hand.

“It’s not much, but I hope it helps you out in your trial!” The gardener has handed you a Full Heal. He wishes you well as the three of you exit the greenhouse.

You follow a path lined with calla lilies and daisies that eventually leads to an equally white gazebo. Around the perimeter are white rose bushes, which Tira immediately hops towards and begins searching through. Taro finds close behind, looking at the underside of most of the bushes. Suddenly, the Stunky bumps into something, causing them to look up in surprise.

“Muu…” the pink and purple Pokemon hums in response to Taro. A pink mist swirls around them, making Taro feeling relaxed and sleepy. From the other side of the gazebo, a girl holding a parasol approaches. Dressed in all white, she has a dreamy look on her face, but focuses her attention on you.

“Oh, good afternoon,” She greets you with a small curtsey. In her free hand she is holding a rather large white rose that she has just clipped, which your Lopunny immediately notices and starts scheming ways to get it out of her hands.


You received a Full Heal!

--------

Misssingno. Master: As directed, Observe took his place at the flag, ready to protect or attack at a moment’s notice. He eyed the Lunatone floating up above, watching to see if it might approach the only source of light on the battlefield. The rest of your Pokemon took their positions, and you let Madoka know you were prepared.

A Howl pierced the air, and Madoka’s Larvitar joined her Lycanroc in the battle cry. The Larvitar, as predicted, barreled forward, its eyes only on your team’s flag. Luna swooped in, Giga Draining the energy from the small Rock and Ground-type. Larvitar writhed in pain, the preparation of Luna’s Calm Mind enhanced the already super effective move. The stubborn Larvitar wouldn’t let itself be defeated so easily. It lifted a rock from the ground and threw it at the Swoobat. It Smacked Down on Luna, pinning one of her wings. The Larvitar giggled and kicked some sand in Luna’s face before continuing on toward the flag.

Your Shedinja, becoming used to its separation from Anger flew out onto the battlefield. It flew to the level that Lunatone was floating at, watching to see what it might do. The surface of Lunatone sparkled as it raised its stats with Rock Polish. The sparkles continued as Lunatone collected the power of the Moon and Blasted it toward Vanish. With Shedinja’s new ability, it was unphased as the move simply bounced off its shell. Lunatone floated closer to Vanish curiously, then turned to look back at Madoka who was concentrating intensely.

While the rest of your Pokemon performed their duties, Anger rushed across the Shrine grounds, her eye on the flag. She moved so quickly that, in the dark, it seemed like you were seeing Double or even triple of her, your eyes couldn’t keep up. Carbink spotted the Ninjask headed toward it like a dart, and lit up with a Dazzling Gleam. Though the light only brushed Anger, it served as more of a warning. Anger heard a low growl and was suddenly struck from the side by the Midnight Lycanroc’s Rock Throw. The Bug type was thrown off course, and while she tried to right herself, she spotted Madoka’s Lycanroc Taunting her with a wave of her paw.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #497
King Ghidorah
Pokemon Trainer
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
King Ghidorah: You try to reason with the young trainer and his approaching bird Pokemon, but he isn’t listening. Instead, the kid is intently focused on his Doduo, somehow trying to channel his own energy through clenched fists and closing his eyes tightly. The Doduo’s long legs allowed him to close the distance between him and your Pokemon rather quickly. Both of Clarence’s heads pointed forward, sharp beaks ready to snatch the binoculars and probably snap at you while they were at it. Your Throh is hesitant, knowing that the Flying-type attack would definitely hurt. Luckily, Kingler was a bit quicker on his feet and stepped forward to protect his trainer and Pokemon companion. The expression on Clarence’s faces quickly changed as they witnessed Kingler taking a brave stance. It was too late for him to redirect himself, and he collided directly with Kingler’s Protective claw. The Doduo’s trainer opened his eyes just in time to see his Pokemon’s move fail and he cried out in frustration.

As the Doduo recoiled, Kingler prepared himself for his next move. He moved his oversized claw out of the way and blew an Icy Wind at Clarence. As the wind passed over the Twin Bird Pokemon, it created small crystals within his downy feathers. Clarence began to shiver violently, his two heads retreating closer towards his body as he tried to recover warmth. Kingler snapped one of his claws intimidatingly, and the Doduo began to retreat backwards slowly in fear.

“Clarence!!!” His trainer yelled. The boy ran to his Pokemon who immediately sought comfort by nuzzling the trainer with both heads. The trainer angrily pushed his Doduo off, then brushed off the ice on his feathers. “Get off me! Don’t be a baby! Here, follow me! RRAAAAGHHH!” The young trainer let out a battle cry and ran at Kingler, swinging his fists wildly. He hit Kingler’s hard shell several times before Clarence worriedly joined him, Pecking alongside his trainers punches. The two of them cried out in unison, and soon both trainer and Pokemon were in a Rage that didn’t look like it was going to be stopping anytime soon.

Initially, Hugo felt bad for Clarence. While he felt that Pokemon should always be ready for battle, he could tell that the Doduo was in this against its will. Its heart wasn’t in this for the fight, but rather to keep its trainer satisfied. The way it turned to its trainer for comfort and was cruelly rebuffed touched something in Hugo’s heart.

That was until he saw the kid attacking Kingler along with his Pokemon. If the kid wanted to be abusive toward his own Pokemon, that was one thing. There was only so much Hugo could do. But for him to lay his hands on Kingler? That was crossing the line.

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM, YOU PSYCHOPATH?!” Hugo screamed at the kid. Throh stood by in shock, witnessing something deemed unthinkable and still clutching the binoculars.

Meanwhile, Kingler did his best to fend off the barrage, trying to shield himself behind his massive claw. His shell has hard, but even he could only take so much attack from a Pokemon AND person simultaneously. Hugo could feel the blood and fury surging through his body. His pupils dilated and a look of pure wrath, and he screamed out to Kingler.

“KINGLER! IF THEY WANT TO FIGHT WITH FIRE, IT’S TIME TO DUMP SOME COLD WATER ON THEIR HEADS!”

Hugo’s ominous tone caused Throh to slowly retreat in fear. He had never seen his trainer react this way before.

“WASH THEM BACK WITH SURF! AND THEN KNOCK THAT BIRD INTO NEXT WEEK WITH ANCIENTPOWER!” Hugo yelled. Hugo threw his backpack and shrieked with primal rage, and launched his own body at the trainer to pull him away from Kingler.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:48 PM   #498
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 958
Once again, I apologize for my absence. Not looking to make excuses, but my IRL work load should drop off considerably for the summer now, so I can hopefully get back to updating more frequently once again. Hope you enjoy!

TheKnightsFury:
Ajax had been pushed to his limit. The Rockruff that he was charged with protecting was about to be crushed by its evolution’s sheer power and he was helpless while trapped under a tomb of rocks. The young grass Pokemon struggled with all his might but found himself unable to move. He was at a crossroads; powerless to assist his newest ally… unless he were to fall back on his last resort. He was mad. He was frustrated that it came to this, and his frustrations bubbled over, causing the small rodent to scream out his anger.

While the Chespin was still buried underneath all of the rubble and hidden from sight, faint beams of light poured out from the gaps between the rocks that covered him. It was hard for Jayson to make out what was happening under there, but the implication was obvious. Ajax had been resisting his evolution for quite some time, and the combination of his outpouring emotions and his desire for power could stave off the transformation no longer. The lights momentarily faded away and things grew silent as Lycanroc turned to watch the rocks. Surely the evolution was over, but Ajax remained buried underneath the rubble. Suddenly, a vine snaked its way out from a crack in the rocks and procured a Rare Candy out of Jayson’s bag.

Having grown bored of Ajax’s antics, Lycanroc turned its attention back to Rockruff, who whimpered as the larger wolf bared its fangs down over it. However, the pile of rocks covering Ajax began to glow once again, this time much brighter than before. A much deeper growl than Ajax’s usual voice emitted from below as the rocks were blasted away by sheer force. Ajax must have really despised his awkward, chubby form as a Quilladin to force himself into a second evolution to the rather muscular Chesnaught that emerged from below. As Lycanroc swiped down at the Rockruff in a Reversal of extreme power, Ajax dove in front of his ally to shield it with his body. Lycanroc came crashing down upon the Chesnaught’s Spiky Shield, howling in pain as it hit Ajax’s spiky body. Already having been worn down, Lycanroc stumbled back a few feet before collapsing on its back. Ajax smiled and let out a victorious sigh of relief. Tomoe has gained 1 level while Ajax has gained 3 levels!

While the battle was unavoidable, the immediate danger that had passed took some time to take down. Rockruff looked a bit antsy as it prepared to take off further down the trail before them. The only issue was that there was a fork in the road. One path seemed to head into a dense cluster of trees while the other headed up a precarious cliff side. Which way will they go?



lilbluecorsola:
The air around Jess and her accompanying Pokemon was heavy, humid, and thick, hanging over them like an ominous blanket as they had gone deep into the jungle of fruit trees in the Rose Garden’s tropical grove. Morelull seemed to be popping up around them in all directions and continued their giggling like mischievous little spirits that inhabited the orchard.

Seeing as they were completely surrounded by the fungus Pokemon, Jess deemed it would probably be more productive to work through this peacefully than to battle their way out. However, she did keep Iris and her other Pokemon on guard as she turned to address the crowd of Morelull. As she asked about the whereabouts of the missing Flabébé, Comfey nervously held up the small flower petal to show to the orchard’s inhabitants. There was a hushed murmur of whispers that echoed across the path for a brief moment before the giggles resumed like before. Comfey and the others weren’t sure if that was a good sign or a bad sign, but the Morelull that had previously knocked down from its own Confuse Ray had finally regained its senses and stood in the trail before them. “More!” it exclaimed and began hopping away down the path, beckoning for them to follow.

It wasn’t too long before the group had finally arrived at a large clearing in the trees. There were fungi everywhere as mushrooms concealed the tree trunks like parasites and covered the ground like a carpet. Before them stood an alien-like creature; a tall mushroom with arms and legs with a large cap on its head. Atop the mushroom’s cap was a crown of flowers, as it had been deemed the ruler over this section of the orchard. Sitting on the Shiinotic’s shoulder was none other than Comfey’s missing friend, Flabébé. However, there was something off about it. There was a distant look in the small fairy’s eyes as if it were having an out of body experience. “Fey! Comfey!” the wreath Pokemon cried out, hovering off of Jess to get its attention to no avail. The incessant giggling of Morelull around them ceased as Shiinotic stepped forward to see why the guests had intruded on their orchard. What will Jess do?



Naruxami:
Isaac smiled bashfully as Peony gushed over his victory while Ahri grinned triumphantly while she basked in her mother’s praise. Their reactions couldn’t have been more different, but all were eager to see if they could add to their team’s numbers. Isaac procured a Love Ball from his bag and chucked it at the fallen Oddish, the pink Pokeball popping open and pulling the plant Pokemon inside.

The Love Ball plopped down in the dirt and began to shake back and forth. It wiggled once… twice… three times before coming to a halt and let out a successful “Ding!” to signify a capture. Congratulations, Isaac has captured a lv.5 female Oddish!

“Congrats! That was awesome!” exclaimed Peony, happy as if she had made the capture herself. With the battle against Oddish now concluded, it was time for Isaac to deliver on his promise. All the while, Peony had already primped herself with her compact mirror to make sure her hair and makeup were up to par before nervously sliding up next to her idol. “Say cheese!” she grinned while holding out her phone at arm’s length and snapped a couple of quick pictures. “Thank you so much!” she said as she lowered her phone and turned to face Isaac. “Never did I ever think I’d get to meet you in a place like this! I’ll never forget this!” Realizing that she would probably end up keeping Isaac here all day if she didn’t stop talking his ear off, the teenage girl blushed a little. “So where do you plan to go next? Maybe I can help point you in the right direction if you’re not sure where to go… unless you might need a tour guide?” Peony gave him a hopeful smile as she looked for an excuse to get out of going back to work. There was still a lot more the Rose Garden had to offer. Plenty of flora and fauna to be found as well as a trial captain that could be challenged. What will Isaac do?
__________________
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #499
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Misssingno. Master: As directed, Observe took his place at the flag, ready to protect or attack at a moment’s notice. He eyed the Lunatone floating up above, watching to see if it might approach the only source of light on the battlefield. The rest of your Pokemon took their positions, and you let Madoka know you were prepared.

A Howl pierced the air, and Madoka’s Larvitar joined her Lycanroc in the battle cry. The Larvitar, as predicted, barreled forward, its eyes only on your team’s flag. Luna swooped in, Giga Draining the energy from the small Rock and Ground-type. Larvitar writhed in pain, the preparation of Luna’s Calm Mind enhanced the already super effective move. The stubborn Larvitar wouldn’t let itself be defeated so easily. It lifted a rock from the ground and threw it at the Swoobat. It Smacked Down on Luna, pinning one of her wings. The Larvitar giggled and kicked some sand in Luna’s face before continuing on toward the flag.

Your Shedinja, becoming used to its separation from Anger flew out onto the battlefield. It flew to the level that Lunatone was floating at, watching to see what it might do. The surface of Lunatone sparkled as it raised its stats with Rock Polish. The sparkles continued as Lunatone collected the power of the Moon and Blasted it toward Vanish. With Shedinja’s new ability, it was unphased as the move simply bounced off its shell. Lunatone floated closer to Vanish curiously, then turned to look back at Madoka who was concentrating intensely.

While the rest of your Pokemon performed their duties, Anger rushed across the Shrine grounds, her eye on the flag. She moved so quickly that, in the dark, it seemed like you were seeing Double or even triple of her, your eyes couldn’t keep up. Carbink spotted the Ninjask headed toward it like a dart, and lit up with a Dazzling Gleam. Though the light only brushed Anger, it served as more of a warning. Anger heard a low growl and was suddenly struck from the side by the Midnight Lycanroc’s Rock Throw. The Bug type was thrown off course, and while she tried to right herself, she spotted Madoka’s Lycanroc Taunting her with a wave of her paw.
The trial started with Lycanroc giving a Howl, and Larvitar charging forward, as Terri was sure it would. Luna was ready, and landed an insanely powerful blow. Not only was Giga Drain super effective, insanely so due to both of Larvitar's types being weak to Grass, but the Calm Mind that was further powering it up, Luna found it a Simple matter to get twice the normal effectiveness out of the move.

And yet, Larvitar did not faint. It retaliated with a Smack Down, knocking Luna clean out of the air, then kicked some sand in her face before continuing onward. Luna, however, didn't let this bother her. Not being able to fly wasn't going to stop her. She intended to impede Larvitar's progress however possible, and right now, decided to fire a Supersonic after it, hoping that even if the sand hindered her eyesight, she'd still be able to aim through the sound of Larvitar's footsteps, or possibly with her psychic power. Maybe even both. Either way, once Larvitar was confused, she would follow up with Stored Power. Observe watched all this unfold, ready to attack should Larvitar get close enough to eat a Force Palm.

Vanish watched, silent, motionless, as Lunatone made its preparations. And just as silent and motionless as it fired off a Moonblast. The Shedinja made no effort to dodge this. Why would it? It bounced off the spooky shed shell- Vanish didn't even feel it. Not that the Lunatone would know this by looking, but Vanish met its gaze unflinchingly.

Vanish considered things as Lunatone turned back to Madoka. It occurred to Vanish that Lunatone might find ways to hinder Terri's progress even without blocking out the moonlight. Especially with a Rock Polish boost. The Shedinja watched Lunatone closely, prepared to carry out its previous orders at the slightest provocation. Endeavor, then Shadow Sneak, Vanish remembered well.

Luna was calmly attacking Larvitar. Observe was waiting patiently until he'd need to intervene, as was Vanish. And in stark contrast to them all, Anger darted across the grounds like a madmon, eyes on the flag all the while, trying to confound Carbink with Double Team. The Dazzling Gleam barely grazed Anger, but she was quickly taking a much harder hit- Lycanoc's Rock Throw. Furiously, Anger tried to right herself, but as she did so, she bore witness to Lycanroc's next attack- Taunt. Oh, that tore it. Screw the flag, this bitch was asking for it, and Anger, now brimming with her namesake emotion, was gonna give it to her! After that Rock Throw, Endeavor would be a hard hit for sure, after which Anger would rub salt in the wound by Absorbing back some of that lost health while further damaging Lycanroc. And if that didn't do it, Metal Claw would surely finish the job.

All the while, Terri said nothing. She had faith that her Pokémon could handle things, at least for now. If she saw the need to give further orders, she would do so. Anger's response to the Taunt was a bit concerning, but she knew that trying to talk sense into that Ninjask at this point would be an exercise in futility. It'd be smarter to save her energy for something that would actually yield results.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:10 AM   #500
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
TheKnightsFury:
Ajax had been pushed to his limit. The Rockruff that he was charged with protecting was about to be crushed by its evolution’s sheer power and he was helpless while trapped under a tomb of rocks. The young grass Pokemon struggled with all his might but found himself unable to move. He was at a crossroads; powerless to assist his newest ally… unless he were to fall back on his last resort. He was mad. He was frustrated that it came to this, and his frustrations bubbled over, causing the small rodent to scream out his anger.

While the Chespin was still buried underneath all of the rubble and hidden from sight, faint beams of light poured out from the gaps between the rocks that covered him. It was hard for Jayson to make out what was happening under there, but the implication was obvious. Ajax had been resisting his evolution for quite some time, and the combination of his outpouring emotions and his desire for power could stave off the transformation no longer. The lights momentarily faded away and things grew silent as Lycanroc turned to watch the rocks. Surely the evolution was over, but Ajax remained buried underneath the rubble. Suddenly, a vine snaked its way out from a crack in the rocks and procured a Rare Candy out of Jayson’s bag.

Having grown bored of Ajax’s antics, Lycanroc turned its attention back to Rockruff, who whimpered as the larger wolf bared its fangs down over it. However, the pile of rocks covering Ajax began to glow once again, this time much brighter than before. A much deeper growl than Ajax’s usual voice emitted from below as the rocks were blasted away by sheer force. Ajax must have really despised his awkward, chubby form as a Quilladin to force himself into a second evolution to the rather muscular Chesnaught that emerged from below. As Lycanroc swiped down at the Rockruff in a Reversal of extreme power, Ajax dove in front of his ally to shield it with his body. Lycanroc came crashing down upon the Chesnaught’s Spiky Shield, howling in pain as it hit Ajax’s spiky body. Already having been worn down, Lycanroc stumbled back a few feet before collapsing on its back. Ajax smiled and let out a victorious sigh of relief. Tomoe has gained 1 level while Ajax has gained 3 levels!

While the battle was unavoidable, the immediate danger that had passed took some time to take down. Rockruff looked a bit antsy as it prepared to take off further down the trail before them. The only issue was that there was a fork in the road. One path seemed to head into a dense cluster of trees while the other headed up a precarious cliff side. Which way will they go?

Jayson sat back and marveled as the newly evolved Ajax burst forth from the Rock Tomb. The Grass Type had grown considerably in such a short period of time, becoming taller and broader. A larger spiked shell covered his back, his body was now predominantly cream and white, although some of him remained green. Leaping out of the remains of the tomb, the valiant Ajax rushed in to shield the Rockruff from the certainly devastating Reversal. Slamming his fists together a Spiky Shield formed just in time to intercept the blow, the Lycanroc recoiled in pain, falling unconscious. This victory was there's.

They now had two options, with two paths across two very different terrains. The Rock typed Lycanroc's would likely be at an advantage in the rocky terrain, the trees were the better option. The Rockruff looked like it was perhaps ready to dart off again, likely to ruin any chance of them catching the pack by surprise. "Ajax grab the Rockruff and don't let it go." Jayson dug into his bag, retrieving 2 Sitrus Berries and Alexander's Pokeball. He released the Nidoking from his Pokeball. The Poison type was shocked to see his close friend had evolved in his absence and quickly raced towards the Chesnaught to congratulate him. Jayson smirked as he approached Ajax and the Rockruff, intending to feed each of them a berry before heading into the cluster of trees. One Lycanroc had proven a challenge, engaging the entire pack so aggressively would likely be unwise.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.