UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Meowth Selling Items

I came to the realization today that we no longer have the ability to sell items. We used to be able to do so, but it was with the Coin Exchange, and that functionality disappeared along with.

So first, I would like to ask: Should we bring back the ability to sell items (for Pokédollars instead of coins, obviously)?

Second point: What should the mechanic of selling items be?

So far, I have the following suggestions:
  • New Shop: Create a brand new shop, say, a pawn shop. People could sell their items lower than what it is worth (ex. 1/2), then those items are sold back for anyone else to buy for a price more than what it was sold for but less than the full price (ex.: 3/4).
  • The Departement Store: The ability to sell items will be placed in the already existing shop. Either it is only to sell them, or have the "pawn shop" system above.
  • In-zone shop: (Credit to Rotom for that idea!) Items can be sold in shops created within zones. Either items can be sold in those shops exclusively (no non-zone shops will offer to buy off items), or can exist alongside a non-zone shop that can buy off items, but with extra perks/advantages (ex.: gives more money in exchange of the items).

And last but not least point: The price of items.

Some will likely be easy to calculate since it's already present in stores, but items that are exclusive to zones will be more difficult to evaluate the price. Therefore, we should work together on an item list which also have how much players get in Pokédollars when selling them.

Last edited by OkikuMew; 04-15-2018 at 05:47 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #2
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
For the record, I'm strongly against anything like this being locked to certain zones. People shouldn't be forced into certain zones/areas just to do menial tasks like this.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
For the record, I'm strongly against anything like this being locked to certain zones. People shouldn't be forced into certain zones/areas just to do menial tasks like this.
Well personally I completely agree with you; I wouldn't like to see such thing exclusive to zones. I only put the option there as it is a possibility.

And speaking of personally, I would choose a combination of a new shop separate from the Department store and in-zone shops, in which in-zone shops have better prices. My arguments:
  • Since it is a simple thing to take care of more or less regularly, and we used to have access to it at all times back then anyway, I don't see why it should be limited to zones.
  • A shop separate from the Dept. store will assure that things don't get mixed up, like it happened with the candy shop (candy vs. gummis).
  • Shop is low maintenance, so anyone could easily update it. Heck, I would be willing to be the SO of it!
  • With the presence of in-zone selling shops with better advantages, it puts a small/extra incitation of RPing in zones to either get that extra cash or get a pretty sweet sale on a coveted item.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
Old 04-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
Meetan
Thunder Badge

I very much like the combination idea. And as an addition, I still feel like that other shop proposal for the farm shop should have gone through instead of forcing people into a CG zone for apricorn conversion. Seems irrelevant, but it's a tie-in to my agreement with Iron that we shouldn't have to go into certain zone areas to do menial tasks - but that going to an in-zone would could come with a discount/whatever for managing it.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Ah, I see! Well in terms of the whole apricorn thing, that would go for a different conversation XP

Anyone else has a say?

On a side note, whenever I'll have the time (say, during the week-end) I'll start writing up a proposition for first post of the store.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development