UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #151
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
Either scrap the RP for wishlist, or at least move it into a separate thread and heavily restrict it. And it should be low priority to implement.
I believe the intended restriction was something like once every 6 months a person could use it for a very deeply desired Pokemon, but this is obviously still in development. How rigid the RP restrictions would be is also still up in the air... I want to move away from RP elitism personally, but I also see how letting people write one-liners to get their dream Pokemon could be problematic by the same token.

Regarding the organization of the wishlist, we could have a shop owner (Shrine Maiden?) maintain a Master Directory of wishes in the first post, if that would help.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #152
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
For the love of god yes please make Furfrou trims permanent

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:18 PM   #153
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
I believe the intended restriction was something like once every 6 months a person could use it for a very deeply desired Pokemon, but this is obviously still in development. How rigid the RP restrictions would be is also still up in the air... I want to move away from RP elitism personally, but I also see how letting people write one-liners to get their dream Pokemon could be problematic by the same token.
Six months seems like a good restriction. I think much more than that could become an issue, but twice a year means a person isn't likely to get all of their desired Pokemon from it rather than other zones.

It is possible that it hasn't been decided yet, but is this intended to be a zone (or mini-zone) with updates, or a thread where a person makes a single post RPing how they obtained a Pokemon, with no updates involved? As an updated zone, it should have the same standards for RPing as the rest of the zones.

The problem comes if it is intended as a single post. While the little blurb I used as an example is on the rather extreme end of short, the question becomes "how much effort should it take for a person to obtain their (likely very rare) dream Pokemon?"

If the only restriction is that it is every six months, the amount of effort is comparable to picking up an egg. Possibly less, because a few sentences gives you the exact Pokemon you wanted vs. two posts a week apart gives you a random Pokemon of a certain type. If it doesn't cost anything to do this (and everything I've seen so far makes no mention of cost), then some level of minimum effort RP wise is the only thing preventing it from being Egg House level of work for better rewards. Obviously, it doesn't have to be terribly stringent, but a word minimum at the very least prevents people from getting exactly the Pokemon they want for five minutes of effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Regarding the organization of the wishlist, we could have a shop owner (Shrine Maiden?) maintain a Master Directory of wishes in the first post, if that would help.
I can't speak for everyone, but I would imagine that most people would prefer to just be able to scroll through the thread looking at wishlists rather than open several links. That sounds especially annoying on a mobile device. The directory would be a nice addition for people to find a specific person's, especially if there's quite a few wishlists, however. It might be good just for the ability for ab updator to quickly find someone's wishlist.

I still don't see the point of removing the wishlists from the trade thread to "prevent wish posts from getting buried with all the trades" only to immediately bury them with something else. This feature doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the wishlists. Even if you require the Pokemon to be on a person's wishlist, it isn't as if they can't just edit a Dratini into their wishlist for five minutes so the can post to obtain one.

If this is something that is going to involve updates, why not just make it an entirely separate thing? "A retired trainer runs a Safari Zone-esque area where he breeds and maintains rare Pokemon populations. Access is limited to ensure the populations stay at a healthy level, but occasionally, trainers are welcomed in to catch Pokemon".

If it isn't, then I'm sure some other area can be created for the single post version.

Edit: I love it when I go to hit preview post and hit post instead. The whole thing should be here now. Sorry about that.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #154
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I would like shiny wishlist Pokémon to be as easily obtainable in zones as non-shiny wishlist Pokémon. Do whatever else you want, but make it so that when an updater decides to look up his person's wishlist and he sees that they want a shiny X and only a shiny X -- no non-shiny X's allowed -- that that updater can set for the zone reward the shiny just as easily as he could set for the zone reward the non-shiny.

I'll stop shy of saying that I think adventurers should be able to enforce-request that what they're getting is shiny, simply because I think that steps on the updater's toes a little too much. (For example, an updater might intend to write a story where a Pokémon starts the journey as a non-shiny only to become shiny near the very end.)

I feel similarly about non-desired genders, body colors, and other attributes within a target species. Like, it does me no good if, as my updater, you're going to try and make my dreams come true by gifting me the opportunity to catch a male Togepi when what I want is a female. To hell with official gender ratios! If you're trying to be my Santa Claus, then you have to get the gift exactly right.

All of this stated, I'm not sure how I feel about updaters having to play Santa Claus. Like ... selfishly, I'd very much like for my updaters to play Santa! hahaha But I don't know that I like the idea of updaters having to give you what you put on your wishlist. Is it a good thing ... Is it a bad thing ... I really don't know. I know that I personally would like it, and that for me the ills would be offset by the gains ... But I'm not sure that that holds true for everybody. Not even for everyone who thinks they're in my camp.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:14 PM   #155
Sneaze
Mrow?

Right, so, quick side topic here, just want some quick replies as people are responding to everything else that's being talked about. It was discussed very briefly when this thread first went up, and I am beginning to see that it might be wanted so I'm bringing it up again.

Is anyone openly opposed to a subforum for voicing thoughts and proposals of change on individual topics?

By this I mean each topic of discussion could have it's own thread (Legendaries, Boutique, Wish List, etc.) so that we're not effectively playing pinball with the point of discussion. This would also allow for discussion to keep going on things that would like to be back burnered for a moment (such as Talon's Legend discussion which was supposed to be able to continue with the point that other things might need prioritizing, rather being outright killed) while also not dragging away from things that need immediate attention of the community (i.e. the general proposal which has been covered at this point but you get my meaning).

I just feel that at this stage we could perhaps use a tiny bit more organization as we go forward so everyone can bring forward what they consider important while also not having their point left for something else three posts later.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 PM   #156
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Yeah, I'd like a subforum.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #157
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

A subforum's a great idea. Lot of good ideas and points being brought up in here, wouldn't be right for any of them to be buried under even more good ideas and points. The FB Development subforum over at BMG, something like that, I think it's a good idea.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:16 AM   #158
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
We should really have a subforum yes. Think it will greatly benefit a structured discussion on a single topic as this thread, like Discord, goes all over the place.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:51 AM   #159
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

A subforum should definitely be made as soon as possible. It would make it easier to organize discussion of many things at once, and not everyone is on Discord, so having a more organized place than just this thread for the entirety of the community to participate can only be beneficial.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #160
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm surprised it isn't made already. Make a long-lasting subforum called something like "Suggestions & Inquiries" or whatnot. Like the long-lived FAQ thread, only now it's a full-fledged subforum. And in it, people can post as threads those discussion topics which normally would be buried within the bellies of threads such as this one.

Then, not only do you have the benefit of multiple threads for the FB Revamp discussion, allowing you to discuss multiple topics without any one topic getting silenced or lost in the crowd, but you also have the same benefit for every future feedback-based discussion.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:47 AM   #161
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Subforum would be a great idea. It would help me see what the current topic is all about (as I tend to be confused with the multitudes of topics on the same thread orz)
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #162
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Kuno wants to give the current mods a little more time to finish what they need to finish before any big changes are made. Hold out just a little longer with the current setup and we can start formally rearranging things soon.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #163
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Ok so for the sake of #clarity, two weeks back there was discussion on the state of Registration and what will be done in regards to changes or potential fixes.
I have posted a log of the discussion in the spoiler box below, with our usernames edited to be our forum names unless it is obvious (so there is no confusion)

Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Member flow is something that can be discussed once we actuallu work out stuff for new members
Jeri - 04/06/2017
I personally think member flow is more important but we can only really talk in theoreticals right now
So let's take Lit's suggestion for now and move on
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Exactly
Emi - 04/06/2017
new member stuff is admittedly easy
we get rid of the old test, for one
it was rather bad
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Good
Alto - 04/06/2017
Burn it with fire
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
No convoluted scavenger hunt
Alto - 04/06/2017
It's just another red tape gate
Emi - 04/06/2017
just make a test of RP skills
at the very least they should be able to at least comptently reply
boom
Alto - 04/06/2017
Any test should just be "reply to this scenario and we'll see what goes"
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Yeah just the RP test from the old one
And lax it a bit
Alto - 04/06/2017
Rule based issues can be handled by shop owners, mods, etc
Case by case
Emi- 04/06/2017
i genuinely don't think anything else needs changing
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Since that was basically what my RP test for thebold one was Alto
Emi- 04/06/2017
except starter pokemon maybe
but like...we can do that later
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
The goody box?
Emi- 04/06/2017
the goody box is fine?
Alto - 04/06/2017
Starters should stay consistent with what they are now.
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Babies?
Emi- 04/06/2017
is the starter list now less dumb than before
or is it still super dumb
Alto - 04/06/2017
Idk
FishDave - 04/06/2017
You mean aside from the ones that don't make sense
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Less dumb
FishDave - 04/06/2017
implement the one from TW tbh
Alto - 04/06/2017
It could be modified
Emi- 04/06/2017
because Tess literally would just randomly ban pokemon
Jeri - 04/06/2017
I have no particular input on a starters list but I will say one thing I think is nice about FB is the flexibility of choice
Alto - 04/06/2017
I made a "rarity" list
Jeri - 04/06/2017
I wouldn't let people get like
Psuedos
Alto - 04/06/2017
With things Rare+ not acceptable
Lemme link
Emi- 04/06/2017
or big pokemon
Jeri - 04/06/2017
But let them start with a Cleffa god dammit
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Yes but let's ban Litwick
Emi- 04/06/2017
no kangaskhan
for a starter
FishDave - 04/06/2017
I agree
Lit ur banned
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Dave can it
Jeri - 04/06/2017
Yeah make them be smaller, starter-y-er Pokemon
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
What about Pikachu
FishDave - 04/06/2017
I don't wanna tho
Jeri - 04/06/2017
They should also probably evolve
Emi - 04/06/2017
nothing that has a very obvious movement advantage
pikachu burns in fire
FishDave - 04/06/2017
Hah
Tyoyo - 04/06/2017
pls allow psuedos
Jeri - 04/06/2017
I mean if someone wants a shuckle go for it
FishDave - 04/06/2017
But seriousy the list Alto came up with was p good
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
I know the rat's hate boner
Emi - 04/06/2017
no pikachu is fine
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
But it is still popular
I mean I like Pikachu so qq
Emi - 04/06/2017
the stupid "we can't have popular starters!" shit was actually made irrelevant when you couldn't trade starters
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Yup
EEVEES
---
Alto posts excel sheet of rarities
-------
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
GET YOUR FREE EEVEE
Alto - 04/06/2017
There might be a change I missed in this
Pretty sure Larvesta is Rare+ now
And there were a few tings Dave suggested
Emi - 04/06/2017
>not a google sheet
wrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy
Jeri - 04/06/2017
Any way to dump into a google sheet
Sniz - 04/06/2017
...holy fuck what did I miss?
Jeri - 04/06/2017
this compy doesn't have office
Alto - 04/06/2017
We're talking about new members and shit
Okay hold on
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Those lists arent bad
I mean rip Goomy
Alto - 04/06/2017
Uploading
Emi - 04/06/2017
so wait
are we making the cutoff are rare
--------------------------
Alto posts google doc link
--------------------------
Emi - 04/06/2017
or rare +
Alto - 04/06/2017
Does that work?
Rare+ are not starters
Jeri - 04/06/2017
Change permissions dum dumb
Alto - 04/06/2017
Anything else is fine
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Alto we need permissions
Emi - 04/06/2017
Tauros needs to go to Rare +
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
So I can start with Dhelmise but not Goomy
K
Alto - 04/06/2017
Fixed
Jeri - 04/06/2017
So wait like
Emi - 04/06/2017
again, its a case of "this pokeon is actually incredible in an RP setting"
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Giant
Jeri - 04/06/2017
Why are only 3 fossils and 1 psuedo banned
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Fucking
Anchir
Jeri - 04/06/2017
Oh duh there are tabs
Emi - 04/06/2017
lmao
FishDave - 04/06/2017
derp
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Goomy is like pathetically weak
Emi - 04/06/2017
I'm not sure how I feel about Miltank and Stantler
but I guess?
Tyoyo - 04/06/2017
tfw missy is banned because reasons
Alto - 04/06/2017
Things can be moved if necessary
Emi - 04/06/2017
i think missy to rare was actually discussed
Jeri - 04/06/2017
So I think this kind of thing is great for a community discussion
Alto - 04/06/2017
Agreed
Jeri - 04/06/2017
Not really necessary to hash out now lol
Tyoyo - 04/06/2017
I hate starter restrictions so much
Alto - 04/06/2017
Anyways it's a baseline list.
It does exist xd
Lil'twick - 04/06/2017
Also why is Drampa not Rare+
Emi - 04/06/2017
Unown to Ultra Triple Double Super Rare +
Tyoyo - 04/06/2017
ok actual issues maybe
?
Alto - 04/06/2017
Because I barely fucking combed the original one
Okay?

Does anyone else have any thoughts as to what should be done with regards to registration? Anyone agree or disagree as to what was brought up here?

Alto's Google Document can be found here

Quote:
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 04-21-2017, 10:49 PM   #164
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The registration test, as I recall it, required you to comprehensively search through every rules thread, every first post of every shop, and possibly the FAQ thread, in order to find the answers to the questions, and you weren't allowed to get a single one wrong. It's a bit much, to put it mildly. I mean, in theory I can see the idea behind it- make sure anyone coming into FB comes in with an understanding of the rules- but yeah, no, I'm all for reducing it to simply a test of a prospective member's RPing skills. Knowing the rules is important, but as far as simply getting into FB, I think RPing skills are the main thing. Learning the rules can come after actually making it in, I think.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #165
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Yeah the scavenger hunt was really bad and often times outdated. It's also in my opinion not what you want to give a new player as a first impression. Thirty-one different questions on rules paints a really bad impression: that the rules are more important than the RP itself.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:33 PM   #166
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Ok! So we're not just sitting around waiting until things start to move, let's get these ideas compiled into actual progress! The proposal has probably been read and accepted by now, so lets break it down a little shall we?

I have made a draft document for the New Adoption Centre, as that will probably come into play very soon for people who would like to reset. Emi has volunteered to tackle making a draft for registration and resetting processes, and will post it here when she's done. Members can comment (and edit hopefully) at their leisure so we can finally start building FB back up again. Once the development subforum is made, these docs could be added to whatever thread they seem necessary in.

If you wish to draft up your ideas, feel free to make your own google document for us to comment on also. If we can start bringing things together now in terms of zones, updater rewards, shops or whatever then we can start dropping the new threads and stuff almost as soon as the new mods are put in place hopefully!

I'm prob gonna try making these for the other shops today or tomorrow, unless someone else wants to first.

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 04-22-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #167
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I had posted this before, but I had made a proposal for the Breeding Center, which I have now moved to a Google Doc for people to comment on.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #168
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Alright, FB has officially been handed over to the community. Let me know what you need me to do to assist with the transition.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #169
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I have stickied a number of threads in the Dev Forum; when a thread is stickied, these are the threads in which we want to see more discussion or finish up quickly. Please participate in the stickied threads first before moving on to others.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development