UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Breeder KJ
Togepi trying this

I know how EVs work but I don't know who's gonna get what EVs yet.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent
Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
-Surf
-Flash Cannon
-Ice Beam
-Aqua Ring

Houndoom @ Chople Berry
Flash Fire
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Toxic
-Nasty Plot

Torterra @ Yatche Berry/Leftovers
Overgrowth
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Rock Poish

Medicham @ Muscle Band
Pure Power
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
-Psycho Cut
-Hi Jump Kick
-Ice Punch
-Recover

Salamence @ Yatche Berry
Intimidate
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Fire Fang
-Dragon Dance

Jolteon @ Shuca Berry
Volt Absorb
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)/Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
-Charge Beam/Signal Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Wish/Thunder Wave/Magnet Rise

So some advice on where my Evs should go would be nice as well as some item help. I'm pretty confident in my pokemon choice as well as my move sets (except for Jolteon...) but if you see a weakness that I didn't let me know.

Also some of the moves may not be standard so feel free to ask of course. def need some advice on a solid jolteon set....damn suffocating move pool...
Old 11-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I like Houndoom and would like for him to work; but I really don't think he can set up with Nasty Plot and then sweep. And if that is the game plan, then I don't see him benefiting from Toxic. You're not going to be inclined to use Toxic when your Houndoom has already got two paws in the grave and has pumped his SpAtt with a Nasty Plot. You're going to want to attack with him. That makes Toxic a waste of a slot.

I don't think Salamence will benefit from the Yache Berry. In my experience, Yache berries have not saved my Torterra nor my opponent's Dragonite from OHKOs. Haven't ever seen it on a Salamence since Life Orb and Choice items are such standards on the guy, so maybe it could work; but I think you'd benefit more from having one of those items instead. (Since yours is Dragon Dancing, I guess that means Life Orb it is.)

Likewise, I could be wrong, but I'm preetty sure that my Mamoswine OHKO'd somebody's Shuca berry-holding Jolteon this summer with his Earthquake attack. While your Jolteon won't usually be staring down a Mamoswine, I still don't think the Shuca berry is worth it in his case. He's simply too fragile.

Consider how your team's types complement one another. I'm a bit of a hypocrite here (since five out of my six summer tournament Pokémon shared a common weakness), but all the same I strongly encourage people to try and watch for this sort of thing when team building. Yours isn't too bad, but there's one thing I did notice: Empoleon, Houndoom, and Jolteon are all 2x weak to ground, while Salamence and Torterra are each 4x weak to ice. You can't build your team to protect against every creature under the sun, but do be aware that this means that a Mamoswine could seriously cripple your team.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Breeder KJ
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Breeder KJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team