Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

Potential NX controller leak

http://imgur.com/a/VMzpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaker
Only the upper 'nubs' of the sticks move. The bottom part is static (kind of like the circle pad, but it moves along the bottom 'sphere'.
The rollers on the top feel and look pretty much identical to a mouse scroll-wheel. Though I do don't believe this will be the final design.
Haptic feedback is feels like Apples 'taptic' engine. Not like regular rumble.
3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom
Matches up with the patent Nintendo filed a while ago. If this is real I don't know what to say. Virtual buttons on a touch screen are a total and absolute deal-breaker for me, it's why I barely play phone games, I cannot stand touch screen buttons.

While there's a good chance this is fake, this is one of the most real fakes I've seen. I don't know. Really do not feel confident in this. Perhaps I need to wait to see it in action (assuming authenticity), but yeah - lack of physical buttons are a huge turn off.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #2
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
The design looks odd to me if it was real. Seems like a lot of hassle to make the entire controller that...glass? plastic? whatever it is and then stick the joysticks on there.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It might be a real Nintendo peripheral, but it shouldn't be the primary controller. It seems to sacrifice too much ergonomic value in the name of "simplicity." I know Game Freak's been stressing simplicity and a return to basics in some recent interviews, but this is only superficially simple. In practice it's ergonomically non-intuitive. Not necessarily counterintuitive. Just not intuitive the way that an NES controller is.

Meh. If it is foisted on us as the primary controller bundled with every NX, at the very least I hope they allow us to opt out if we wish. That's been a problem with some of the more recent Nintendo consoles.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
deoxys
Fog Badge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_B65J86D_8

Thank Reggie this isn't real after all. But still, one of the most elaborate fakes I've seen.

Regardless... the fact that that's basically what the NX's patent design looks like, I'm still worried that something very similar to this might come to fruition. If you're going to have a giant touch screen controller, for the love of god, please keep the buttons.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:11 AM   #5
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm mostly concerned with whether or not it'll be backwards compatible with WiiU games. There are enough games for me to be interested in trying them out, but if the new console can play them, I might as well go for it.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #6
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I'd assume so, nintendo seems rather keen on back-compatibility mostly. Hence the Wii playing Gamecube games, DSes playing GBA games, etc.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:58 AM   #7
dirkac
uhhhhh

Could someone reupload the pic to something not imgur or youtube because Indonesia blocks imgur and certain infringing videos on Youtube.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games