UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #1
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Jirachi 2016 International Challenge - March

2016 International Challenge - March

Sign-ups are open, I'm personally giving this whole competing-thing a go, so let's see if anyone else is interested!

(Below taken from Pokémon Global Link.)

"All battles are Double Battles played in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. You may not bring in Pokémon from earlier games via Poké Transporter (the blue pentagon is required). All Pokémon above Lv. 50 will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the match."

Sign-Up Period
Thursday, March 17, 2016, at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, March 24, 2016, at 23:59 UTC
• You must sign up during this period in order to be able to participate in the competition.
• You may sign up for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.

Competition Period
Friday, March 25, 2016, at 00:00 UTC through Sunday, March 27, 2016, at 23:59 UTC

Participant Limit
50,000 (limit subject to change; first come, first served)

Participation Gift
Qualified participants will receive 2,000 Poké Miles, which can be used at the PokéMileage Club on the Pokémon Global Link. To qualify, players must earn a place in the rankings by completing at least one battle.

Age Divisions
Junior/Senior Division: Born 2001 or later
Masters Division: Born 2000 or earlier
• Junior/Senior Division players are limited to playing between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., based on the eastern-most time zone in each player’s country.

Ranking Results Announcement
April 2016 (announcement time subject to change)

Compatible Games
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Competition Rules
• This competition uses Double Battle format.
• Players may use Pokémon with National Pokédex number 1 through 720, with the exception of the following: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
• Players can register a maximum of two Pokémon to the Battle Box from the following list: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
• Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter may not participate in this competition.
• Register four to six of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
• All Pokémon above Lv. 50 in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Only four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Box can be used during each match.
• A 15-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select four Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
• For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.

Rewards
• The top 256 players in each age division (based on Play! Pokémon parameters) will receive Championship Points. Players must be opted into the Play! Pokémon program and have a Player ID at the time the competition begins to be eligible for Championship Points.

Participation Requirements
• A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
• A wireless Internet connection
• A Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
• The birth date you have registered in your Pokémon Trainer Club account will determine the age division in which you play. If it’s discovered during the competition that your birth-date information is incorrect, you may be disqualified from the competition and future competitions.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm fairly sure I won't be participating in this tournament. I have a crude Doubles team from VGC 2014, but this is VGC 2016: you're going to have to have Groudon, Kyogre, Xerneas, Yveltal, and/or Rayquaza already caught and trained. And I only have Yveltal, soooo ... yeah. ^^; I'll be sitting this one out.

This is actually Japan's qualifiers for Worlds iirc. Or one of them, anyway. That's another reason I'll sit this one out. Give a seat to as many Japanese kids as need one.

EDIT: Having bred ideal 5Vs or 6vs of them myself, I can now help with the following creatures (alphabetical order; listed by least-evolved form):
  • Bagon for Doubles (Intimidate when Salamence)
  • Bulbasaur @ Chlorophyll
  • Deino (Levitate when Hydreigon)
  • Charmander X @ Blaze w/ Dragon Dance, Ancient Power, Outrage, and Belly Drum
  • Charmander Y @ Blaze w/ Dragon Dance, Ancient Power, Outrage, and Belly Drum
  • Espurr @ Own Tempo (Competitive when Meowstic-F) w/ a couple egg moves iirc
  • Fletchling @ Gale Wings
  • Froakie @ Protean
  • Joltik (Compound Eyes) (can get you HP:Ice with odds of 1/32)
  • Lapras @ Shell Armor[?] w/ Freeze-Dry, Dragon Dance, and some other egg moves iirc
  • Larvitar @ Guts w/ Dragon Dance, Pursuit, Iron Head, and Stealth Rock
  • Litwick @ Infiltrator
  • Minccino @ Skill Link
  • Oshawott @ Torrent
  • Paras (Dry Skin)
  • Pichu @ Lightning Rod w/ Fake Out, Wish, Follow Me, and Nasty Plot
  • Ralts @ Trace
  • Rotom (Levitate)
  • Smoochum @ Dry Skin w/ one egg move iirc
  • Snorlax @ Thick Fat w/ Whirlwind, Curse, Pursuit, and Fissure
  • Squirtle @ Torrent
  • Starly @ Reckless w/ Double-Edge
  • Staryu (Natural Cure)
  • Swinub @ Thick Fat w/ Icicle Crash, Stealth Rock, Freeze-Dry, and a fourth egg move
  • Togepi @ Serene Grace w/ Wish, Nasty Plot, and Baton Pass
I'm not planning on doing much breeding in the near future, though, having just spent the past three weeks doing almost nothing but. ^^; @_@ But if there's something here that you really need, let me know. I may already have tons of spares sitting in my PC boxes. (I can tell you for certain that I do with Togepi and Larvitar!)

Last edited by Talon87; 03-17-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON