UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 04-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #51
deoxys
Fog Badge

This week's free rotation is

Nami, Master Yi, Caitlyn, Leona, Ezreal, Malzahar, Blitzcrank, Katarina, Ryze, and Udyr.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #52
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

It eventually installed. I tried to play a Co-Op vs. AI game and my game loaded around 15% while everyone else already hit 100%. I hit ALT-F4 and stopped myself from embarrassing myself with terrible computer.

I sent out friend invites under the name DeadKoala. Not that it matters.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #53
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I recently picked this up again, and I have to say the community has gotten a lot better than 6 months ago. That might just be the people I've been playing with, but everyones been really friendly and nice. I play a mean Shyvana, and a pretty good Lux. I used to be a Mid Lane kind of guy and I got a bunch of AP's, but I don't know what I like now. I used to main Katarina and I would ruin everyone, but I don't like how she plays after her 'buff'. At the moment I'm trying to get used to Ahri, but its a slow process. I have enough RP and IP to buy like 4 champions but I don't know who I want .

If any of you want to do some team games I'm always up for it, although I'm on EU West and most of you are probably not. My username is 20k.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #54
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
It eventually installed. I tried to play a Co-Op vs. AI game and my game loaded around 15% while everyone else already hit 100%. I hit ALT-F4 and stopped myself from embarrassing myself with terrible computer.

I sent out friend invites under the name DeadKoala. Not that it matters.
HAHAHAHAH

welcome to my world man

don't feel lonely, this is what my computer does too

or would do if i had time for games today OTL
Old 04-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #55
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
If any of you want to do some team games I'm always up for it, although I'm on EU West and most of you are probably not. My username is 20k.
So I tried adding you, because I have Australian friends I play league with, I didn't think region mattered. I guess it does.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #56
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Come play with me, I'll play support for you! I'm too rusty to carry anything right now.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #57
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
So I tried adding you, because I have Australian friends I play league with, I didn't think region mattered. I guess it does.

Nice one :')

Wow, Malphite is probably the funnest champion I've ever played. Its so satisfying to smash into the entire enemy team with his ult and just watch them all drop dead when your team comes in. Riven's also fun but I haven't quite gotten used to her yet.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #58
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
I just found out I have a mean Rumble.

Also, McSweeney... How in the
[URGOT] do you play TF efficiently? I don't get him at all!

// PASBL // Wild Future //
KratosAurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #59
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Pick a card is a hard mini game at first, and feels like multitasking, but once you play him enough times it becomes easy and you won't even have to think about it.

The correct way to play Twisted Fate is to farm until you hit level 6, and while doing this, hit your lane opponent with blue card as often as possible, and if you have lots of mana to spare, a gold card/wild cards combo. Once you hit level 6, if there is any justice in the world your jungler will have given you blue buff so you can start rapidly pushing the lane by hitting minions with red card/wild cards (some junglers are selfish and refuse to give Twisted Fate blue buff since they figure, "Durr you don't need it since blue card gives you unlimited mana"). Once the lane is pushed, take a look at top lane and bottom lane for ganking potential. If, for example, the bottom lane enemies have pushed past the halfway point, start walking down there while pinging the enemies, to let your allies know that you're about to gank. Prepare a gold card FIRST, then teleport in behind the enemies when you're in range.

So the idea is to gank whenever possible when your ult is up. As for items? I don't want to say because my knowledge of this is outdated. Just look at some guides. I used to love building revolver for sustain, but my teammates sometimes gave me shit over this. Twisted Fate was the most fun champion for me to play in the game, and I had the highest winning percentage with him in season 2. You can practically guarantee a bot lane victory by ganking it all the time for double kills.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #60
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

So, you never go straight for a kill on your opponent unless your Jungler intervenes? How interesting...

Also, I AM a very good Rumble.

Finally, when willthe UPN Sixty-Nine Five hook up for a few games?

Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #61
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Of course I will, but it depends on the champion I'm facing, and how good the player is. If he's far below my skill level, then I can just blue card/gold card wild cards him to death, but if he's good, I generally just do whatever harassment I can and concentrate on last hitting until I hit level 6.

I remember Annie being a hard matchup, because she zoned me out whenever her damned stun was up. I had to give up ignite and choose cleanse instead.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #62
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
I almost exclusively play as Malphite or Katarina. I should diversify more.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #63
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Rumble's either too underrated, or simply he's hard to use. Either way, he's amazing. Goodness, snowballs ridiculously hard, and as I build him, become tanky as hell with a bit of an investment while cooking the opposition in more ways than one. As much as Riot nerfed his ult, it's still broken, 72 sec Cooldown on THAT? Yes please.

Amazing purchase. 10/10

>TDos: Playing a wide roster of Champions is the spice of LoL. Seriously, either I'm rolling all day with 1 Champ, or I find myself alternating between several. Either way, those two are perfectly fine, though you'd do better learning other roles.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #64
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've been mixing it up lately and trying as many new characters as possible.

Zac is interesting to use and has a lot of potential.

Syndra is very unique and also full of potential, but is incredibly challenging to control due to her abilities and combos.

Teemo is great and disgustingly adorable, but I'm not very good using him.

Wukong is fun and can lay a pretty good smack down, but he requires a few more games before I can form a better opinion of him.

Volibear is really great. He's tanky as hell when built correctly and his attacks can really lay into the enemy as he's really great for catching up to a fleeing enemy and finishing the job.

I'd say right now my mains have boiled down to Draven and Riven still, but I'm trying to work on maining a few more champs as well. Annie was okay, but for someone so squishy she's a bit slow for my tastes. I might try using her again at some point, but I've taken a break from her altogether.

I suppose right now I'll be working on the above characters (aside from Teemo - he's not really my thing).

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #65
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar

Quote:
I suppose right now I'll be working on the above characters (aside from Teemo - he's not really my thing).
Good. Fuck Teemo and his shitty little mushrooms.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #66
Sneaze
Mrow?

So I've thought fairly heavily about playing LoL. How difficult is it to get into the swing of?

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #67
deoxys
Fog Badge

It definitely takes a bit of learning curve. While the gameplay itself is fairly straightforward, the metagame is a bit difficult. There are a lot of items, abilities, and champions that are all very different and even now I'm still learning about them, and I've been playing for about a month. But you get better if you keep investing time into it for sure.

I'd say download it and play the tutorial and maybe a beginner bot match to get a feel for the game. Don't let anything like insults get you down though, the League community is very nasty. The game will also possibly make you rage harder than you've ever raged in a game before, so keep that in mind too.

On a side note, I LOVE Volibear now. I tanked the shit out of him tonight and I was just dominating the enemy team.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #68
Sneaze
Mrow?

The words "shit community" and "large online videogame" are practically synonymous.

Also if you don't rage hard every now and again it's probably not challenging enough to actually be fun.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #69
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
The words "shit community" and "large online videogame" are practically synonymous.

Also if you don't rage hard every now and again it's probably not challenging enough to actually be fun.
Eh, I don't get angry at the game. Only exceedingly simple but difficult games tend to make me genuinely angry (Super Meat Boy, etc).

While large online video games tend to have quite a few pricks, LoL easily (at least for me) takes the cake in terms of verbal abuse. This generally fades off as you increase in level, though.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #70
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
I've been mixing it up lately and trying as many new characters as possible.

Zac is interesting to use and has a lot of potential.

Syndra is very unique and also full of potential, but is incredibly challenging to control due to her abilities and combos.

Teemo is great and disgustingly adorable, but I'm not very good using him.

Wukong is fun and can lay a pretty good smack down, but he requires a few more games before I can form a better opinion of him.

Volibear is really great. He's tanky as hell when built correctly and his attacks can really lay into the enemy as he's really great for catching up to a fleeing enemy and finishing the job.

I'd say right now my mains have boiled down to Draven and Riven still, but I'm trying to work on maining a few more champs as well. Annie was okay, but for someone so squishy she's a bit slow for my tastes. I might try using her again at some point, but I've taken a break from her altogether.

Annie takes quite some getting used to before you get the real gist of when and where to Nuke your target. It also helps to use some nasty tricks like a Gank Feint and such.

Riven is one of my mains, and I absolutely adore her kit. Levels 1 - 3 can be hard, but from there on, you're only gonna grow, unlike other Champions like Pantheon, Shaco, LeBlanc and Lee Sin who become almost useless after Level 10. For a reason I love Rumble. He only grows, shines in Mid Game, and falls off only a bit during Late Game.

So, when are we gonna hook up for a few games? Also, I'd like to speak against BOT Games. Only use them to test stuff, as the AI is a poor representative of what you will actually find Online. I made the mistake of learning with BOTs, and it took me a while to get used to actual players not being completely useless.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #71
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosAurion View Post
Annie takes quite some getting used to before you get the real gist of when and where to Nuke your target. It also helps to use some nasty tricks like a Gank Feint and such.

Riven is one of my mains, and I absolutely adore her kit. Levels 1 - 3 can be hard, but from there on, you're only gonna grow, unlike other Champions like Pantheon, Shaco, LeBlanc and Lee Sin who become almost useless after Level 10. For a reason I love Rumble. He only grows, shines in Mid Game, and falls off only a bit during Late Game.

So, when are we gonna hook up for a few games? Also, I'd like to speak against BOT Games. Only use them to test stuff, as the AI is a poor representative of what you will actually find Online. I made the mistake of learning with BOTs, and it took me a while to get used to actual players not being completely useless.
I don't know. We should have a UPN League night. Problem with that is the 5 person queue limit...

I play bot games frequently, more than I do PvP, but that's because lately I've been strictly testing characters and trying to get the hang of them down. In my experience though, Intermediate bots are usually *harder* than players usually are due to their instant reaction times and infallible teamwork that enemy PvPers sometimes don't exhibit.

Like I said earlier, I've been playing a lot of Volibear the past two days and I love him. I usually struggle in Intermediate bot games, but I am quite proud of the 15/5/13 I went with him last night. I've also discovered I do a LOT better with effective teamwork and communication, typically when myself and four friends sit in on a Skype call together and work as a group.

Also, Sween, I'm sorry I didn't get to play with you the other night! Sometimes I get sidetracked or tired after playing too much League in one sitting, so I'll make it up to you.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #72
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Hey boys and girls, McSweeney and your friendly KratosAurion are playing some LoL as of now, and you can join! Who's up for a game?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #73
Sneaze
Mrow?

Finally actually downloading now. Hopefully my lesser of two computers can run it well enough, since wrestling the better one from Kadota is not an option seeing as her commissions are our only source of income at the moment. Looking through this week's roster I'm not really sure who I want to try first so I guess I'll just dip my hands in all of them until I find one I like.

Edit: >Decide I like Zyra
>See her unlock price
>Cry

Last edited by Sneaze; 04-19-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #74
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Today I got my first Pentakill, and with Akali, no less! It feels AMAZING to hear that voice cheer on as you cut through people. Still lost the game, though, but I am happy, nonetheless.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #75
Sneaze
Mrow?

I still really suck at this, but I'm getting the swing of it with a few characters, and it was definitely worth trying out. Now if only I didn't lag every now and then and instadie.

Edit: PING PING PING PING PING PING

Last edited by Sneaze; 04-20-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games