Old 04-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #1501
deoxys
Fog Badge

BORKED
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #1502
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Found this while doing a Google Image search for Pokémon magnificent northern lair. Oh, the things one finds!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #1503
Talon87
時の彼方へ

AWWWW! Was searching for 浅葱色 新撰組* on Google Images, to see how the 浅葱色 (a shade of blue) of Shinsengumi uniforms compared with what I was finding when searching for the shade alone. This image then came up in the search results.

Spoiler: show

Awwwww. Shinsenkitty.

* alternate spelling of 新選組, Shinsengumi
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #1504
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

You're really obsessed with that color, aren't you?

Also yay Crowley in the pic above.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #1505
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Is that what that is?

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #1506
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
You're really obsessed with that color, aren't you?
Well A, I've always liked turquoises and deep, thick sky blues. But B, this has nothing to do with what you're thinking of. lol On a completely unrelated (and older by one day) note, I came across a Wikipedia article which claimed that the shade of blue used by the Shinsengumi was asagi'iro (Wikipedia), but as you can see from asagi'iro's article, the hexadecimal color provided is a bit too teal / turquoise whereas the actual Shinsegumi color of blue (sample 1, sample 2) is much more of a deep sky blue, with some pushing this to the upper limit ( sample 3) but still not being quite so green as the Wikipedia-provided hexadecimal sample. Anyway, this came up two days ago. Then yesterday, it came to mind again, so I was looking into it some more ... and I found that adorable Shinsenkitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosuser View Post
Is that what that is?

Looks like the Touhou Wiki is down right now, but I did see your image of Cirno earlier today. I have no idea if that's what ZUN was channeling with Cirno's dress design ... assuming he's even the one to have done it. It could've been one of the fans who first did it and their choice of design took off like a rocket with the fandom. It's also possible that not all fans agree in that depiction of Cirno, no clue. (Not a huge Cirno fan so I don't know.) If anything, I'd guess that it was probably a little bit of Column A (deliberate) and a little bit of Column B (pure coincidence). In the Shinsegumi's case, those white triangles are meant to represent mountains. I don't really associate Cirno with a mountain so much as a lake (specifically, the one she shows up in on Stage 2 of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil), but I've no clue whether the Scarlet Devil Mansion sits anywhere near / within / on a mountain or not, so I guess it's always possible that Cirno's lake is a mountain lake, in which case there you might go.

If I search for チルノ 新撰組 , I do get some hits (either in Google Search or in Google Images), but I don't get so, so many as to suggest that it's a certain fact that her dress design was inspired by theirs. The same for if I search for チルノ 新選組 (alt. spelling).
Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #1507
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Doppel, FYI: that Tumblr that Concept linked a few days ago is back online, password-free. However, all of the pictures have been replaced with drawings. He also has these new additions at the very bottom:

Quote:
The innocent new owners of my laptop have been in touch and are mortified about the story and are keen to return the laptop.

Given the huge error of judgement on my part in sharing the story and failing to respect their privacy I have asked them to keep it by means of an apology.
Quote:
My name is Dom, and I live in London, UK.

My laptop was stolen from my home in February 2013 and in March 2013 tracking software revealed that it had turned up in Tehran, Iran!

I shared this information with the UK police dealing with the matter and they said that they were regretfully unable to help.

I regarded this as the end of the matter, and the end of my laptop.

On 12th April 2013 I decided to share the data the laptop recovered on this Tumblr blog as an amusing story for my friends to enjoy.

It seemed to me that a laptop that went missing from London and turned up in Iran was like a space probe landing on a distant planet and beaming back proof of intelligent life.

My friends really enjoyed the story.

And shared it with other friends.

Who also really enjoyed the story and shared it with other friends.

As the story circulated, I started to receive messages from concerned individuals warning of privacy issues and the possible harm and distress the blog may cause the people in the photos.

I hadn’t really considered any of this, as I hadn’t expected the story to get so much attention.

So I hid the identity of the people in the photos.

Then one of the people in the photos contacted me and asked me to remove the pictures. They were very upset.

I could understand why.

The people shown on the blog site are not thieves.

The safety and well being of private individuals is more important than any possession, although I still miss my laptop I do not wish ill on anyone.

The people who now have my laptop have been good enough to get in touch and therefore the tracking software has done it’s job.

Thank you for all your interest in my laptop.
So yeah. Basically all the fears and concerns I expressed in my response to Concept ... were shared by this Dom fellow ... or rather, were realized by this Dom fellow only too late once the Internet got wind of his Tumblr and all hell broke loose.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #1508
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
BORKED

I staight up shipped my pants after seeing this.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #1509
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Farts are always funny.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #1510
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I did something pretty darn devilish today.

I was walking over a bridge and a girl walked under it. She was wearing one of those tops that exposed a lot of her chest. I flipped a penny over the bridge and it fell down her shirt. She (predictably) yelped and thrashed around, thinking it was an insect, bird dropping or something!

It was a pretty good shot but she was walking slowly. I got the idea from an old classmate who told me he would put pennies in the cracks of old ladies at his church when they got up/down from their pews. Karma drove it to success!

I hope I don't get lynched tomorrow.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #1511
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Men - less beautiful than we think we are.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #1512
Talon87
時の彼方へ

#WorstWayToDumpSomeone is trending on Twitter, so I decided "what the hell , let's check it out".

Quote:
#WorstWayToDumpSomeone

*changes relationship status on Facebook to single*
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #1513
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

So like every self respecting stereotypical gay, I loves meself a musical. This sometimes leads me to looking up songs on youtube. This in turn lead to me discovering the beauty of a little thing known as the school edition of musicals. Sometimes they are actually pretty well done, all things considered. But sometimes, just sometimes they lead to pure gold, pure rotten gold
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #1514
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
So like every self respecting stereotypical gay, I loves meself a musical. This sometimes leads me to looking up songs on youtube. This in turn lead to me discovering the beauty of a little thing known as the school edition of musicals. Sometimes they are actually pretty well done, all things considered. But sometimes, just sometimes they lead to pure gold, pure rotten gold
The girls are pretty standard. No American Idol, but not worthy of ridicule either considering they're just middle school or high school kids. Let's face it: the vast majority of people can't sing. It's the dudes who are god-awful. Particularly Red Beret. OH GOD THOUGH AT THAT ENDING, where they all pretty much sound terrible. >_<

Well, while we're on YouTube, here's a random Curb Your Enthusiasm clip that I haven't seen before. "Bald Asshole", Larry's Halloween experience.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #1515
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The girls are pretty standard. No American Idol, but not worthy of ridicule either considering they're just middle school or high school kids. Let's face it: the vast majority of people can't sing. It's the dudes who are god-awful. Particularly Red Beret. OH GOD THOUGH AT THAT ENDING, where they all pretty much sound terrible. >_<
Yeah...I'd like to get some serious vocal training someday because, like working out, singing badly is a major confidence suppressor!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #1516
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

He's french.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #1517
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I don't play LoL, but I get the general idea of what's going on here:

A reply to that video.

What that cosplayer should've done was to reply to her in character in French. Then fans of LoL would be saying that his character is French but for a whole different reason.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #1518
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar

Quote:
I don't play LoL, but I get the general idea of what's going on here:

A reply to that video.

What that cosplayer should've done was to reply to her in character in French. Then fans of LoL would be saying that his character is French but for a whole different reason.
I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean, I just thought the video was funny. The hilarity has nothing to do with LoL. He could have been wearing a Big Bird costume and I still would have laughed had he said the same thing.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #1519
Talon87
時の彼方へ

He's implying that his ally was a) terrible at helping him and b) great at helping the enemy. And that c) this is what the French Resistance was like during WW2. He may be a typical American kid who thinks it's cool to rag on France, but his joke's his joke.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #1520
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean, I just thought the video was funny. The hilarity has nothing to do with LoL. He could have been wearing a Big Bird costume and I still would have laughed had he said the same thing.
I didn't find it inherently funny, but I've had a long history of butting heads with "BR" on MapleStory, so I did get a laugh from that. Except the main reason for that is "BR" is a lot easier to contort into mockery than saying someone's French. We used to go "lol the br's are chirping" to belittle the sound of their Portuguese!

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/fr...-wash-seal.htm

Watch until the end.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #1521
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
The hilarity has nothing to do with LoL. He could have been wearing a Big Bird costume and I still would have laughed had he said the same thing.
You edited this in after I replied to you. Just saw it now thanks to Doppel's reply.

I think you're confused. I never suggested that you had to play LoL to get your video. I suggested that you had to play LoL to get what I shared. (And I even prefaced that you DON'T have to play LoL to get it! 'Cause I said, paraphrased, "I DON'T PLAY LOL BUT EVEN I GET THIS"! ) Punctuation, Tdos, punctuation. The colon indicated that what came after it was what I was directing that statement towards.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #1522
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This is probably just the 1am talking but I found this video clip of a man typing quite amusing.

Oh God, this next one is making me cry laughing:

OH MY GOOOOOD *crying*, how do you mistake a burrito for a newborn child?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #1523
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Quote:
Well, for one, they're both quite tasty.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #1524
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
ID by smell.

There's a Paco's Taco's next to the Planned Parenthood dumpster.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #1525
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
God is a 12-year-old boy with Asperger's.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc