UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #76
deoxys
Fog Badge

Leaked Season 5 half hour premiere. Shit's cray cray!

BORKED

Spoiler: show
Prismo is awesome. I was completely thrown off by the Cosmic Owl's appearance, too.

As for Finn's parents - either this shits on my theory about Chris and Beth being Finn's parents, or Finn just had to happen in an alternate timeline in the future under a different set of parents. But, Jake's decision to undo everything essentially destroyed that timeline altogether, and ended Finn's parents and unnamed sibling's lives.

Thousand year old Marceline was interesting, and since she was never turned into a vampire, she grew old.

What I didn't get is the bomb. When it exploded, it unleashed what looked like the Lich's powers onto the Earth, and then Jake turned into the Lich. But, Finn wished for the Lich to never exist, so Simon stopped him from doing so by preventing the first bomb from exploding that would have started a global nuclear war-

Thus, we can conclude that the Lich himself is a physical metaphor for nuclear war. Simon sacrificed himself in this alternate time to stop the bomb from exploding and unleashing the Lich - in Ooo, the Ice King did NOT make this sacrifice, and the bombs that dropped became the Lich/created the Lich.

All I can say is... damn.

Also, below is the list of episodes from Season 5. 125, 126, 127, and 128 are all missing because they will comprise and HOUR LONG SPECIAL.

1014-105 Finn the Human

1014-106 Jake the Dog

1014-107 Five More Short Graybles

1014-108 Up a Tree

1014-109 All the Little People

1014-110 Bad Little Boy

1014-111 Jake the Dad

1014-112 Davey

1014-113 Mystery Dungeon

1014-114 Little Dude

1014-115 All Your Fault

1014-116 Vault of Bones

1014-117 The Great Bird Man

1014-118 Simon and Marcy

1014-119 Puhoy

1014-120 A Glitch Is a Glitch

1014-121 One Last Job

1014-122 Princess Potluck

1014-123 BMO Lost

1014-124 James Baxter the Horse

1014-129 Shhh

1014-130 The Suitor

1014-131 The Party’s Over, Isla de Senora

1014-132 Another Five Short Graybles

1014-133 LSP Gets Robbed

1014-134 Only Wizards Allowed

>Jake the Dad

>Simon and Marcy

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

Last edited by deoxys; 11-11-2012 at 07:48 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #77
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

it's just getting so mythy and wonderful <33333

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #78
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

DOUBLE POST TO SAY PRISMO IS THE BEST AT CHARACTER EVER

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #79
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Have neglected to keep you guys posted because of lack of engagement (understandable) plus effort. Anyway, I am thru Season 3 Episode 5. Some of the thoughts which jump out at me the most.

I like seeing some sort of plot continuity. The season finale for Season 2 did this the best with a genuine two-parter.

AWWWWWW they had her grow up again already!? Older Bubblegum is better for Talon but younger Bubblegum was clearly more fun for Finn. Was totally expecting this to happen but not so soon. Figured Season 3 would be the Child Bubblegum season. Apparently not!

Umm, why did they act like we hadn't seen Tree Trunks since Episode 4? She was in one of the episodes in between that and her crystal queen reappearance. (Fan wiki seems to disagree with me but I'M SURE SHE WAS THERE! @_@ [/bad week])

Tree Trunks is seriously creepy-gross. Pedo Southern granny for the hurl.

"The Other Tarts" was predictable but amusing.

Finn's blond hair in "To Cut a Woman's Hair"! :O Niiiiiiiiice!

Jake meeting Rainicorn [sp?]'s parents was a good episode. Kinda odd that they'd show up with those voice boxes though. ^^;

"The Pods" was a great horror episode ... but totally not in the guise of one. Very interesting. Those piglets!

"The Real You" (Finn gets smart glasses) was a good episode for Finn x Bubblegum. In fact, it pretty much established them as an official couple! Which made later lack of said couple status a little odd. ^^;

Peppermint Butler being a friend of Death's and mega-evil-powerful was, umm, surprising? ^^;

"Susan Strong" was a great episode. Of the three girls up to this point (Princess Bubblegum, Marceline, and Susan), I actually most like the idea of Jake x Susan! The only problem with her is how simple she seems to be and just how enormous and man-bodied she is. But other than that, I thought she and Finn were really special for each other. Even if it's not romantic, I'd love to see these two do stuff again.

"Mystery Train" was great, classic whodunit fun. Made me want to have like 5+ unseen whodunit movies on hand so I could watch them.

"Go With Me" seemed to throw Finn x PB under the bus for Finn x Marceline ... only to then badly troll those fans by having Marceline and Finn each friend zone one another. Must suck shipping that ship. ^^;

Teddy Bears dancing in monster's belly episode was weeeeeeeeeeeird.

"Heat Signature" seems to then try and do damage control for Finn x Marceline by really having her demonstrate how much she cares about Finn's safety.

Season 2 season finale (both episodes) was unexpectedly serious for this series but very much appreciated. Enjoyed the bit where the Ice King was like "You guys saw I didn't do it this time, right?" when frozen Lich Bubblegum fell over and shattered into body chunks.

"Hitman" was amusing and illustrated for the umpteenth time that the Ice King is to Finn and Jake what the B:tAS Joker was to Batman and Robin: always trying to kill them but not actually wanting them dead when it comes down to it.

Cute 13-year old Bubblegum was offset by TERRIBLE Lemonhead dude. Good lord: THAT VOICE! >_<
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #80
deoxys
Fog Badge

How did you not like Lemongrab!? UNACCEPTABLE!

I am willing to have serious discussions on Adventure Time if you want although it's understandably not at that point really for you... yet. Almost. Almost...

I just came by though to share this very interesting video by PBS that puts a spin on the show I never considered that makes ne appreciate it even more now -

BORKED

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Old 11-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #81
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Idea Channel <3

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #82
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Through Season 3 Episode 10. While the show is getting better, sure, it's still not as good as MLP:FiM ... which in turn isn't as good as properly epic children's television shows like A:tLA or B:tAS ... which in turn lose to the best television series I've ever seen. ^^; So I'm not really sure what crackpipe my IRL friend is smoking when he says that this is the best show he's ever seen. He's a very rational guy too. I can thus ONLY chalk it up to difference of taste. But that stated, I have mildly enjoyed it. My biggest problem with it still hasn't gone away, which is that it feels like a brain cell-popping ADHD Nickelodeon cartoon. But the writers have set themselves up for some fun stuff and they've been taking advantage of it in Season 3.

Spoiler discussion of Season 3 Eps 06 thru 10
Episode 06 - "The Monster":
I really hate Lumpy Space Princess, Pendleton Ward or not, so any episode which focuses on her is pretty much written off as a loss. 06 could've been worse but it was still half an hour ten minutes of Lumpy Space Princess's annoying voice and incessant bitching.

Episode 07 - "Still":
This was a, dare I say it, great episode. Cliche to high Heaven to have the archnemesis exposing a vulnerable side and a desire to be best friends with the heroes, sure, but executed fine and with enough little bonus touches to push it over the edge maybe into great territory. Foot part was naaaaasty. >_< Gunter's dance at the end was awww+ahahaha.

Episode 08 - "Wizard Battle":
Meh.

Episode 09 - "Fionna and Cake":
Now this is what I'm talking about! I love me a good genderbender so this was a real delight. Though I have to confess that the first time I watched it I was very confused as to what gender Cake was supposed to be. (Sorry, Cake's voice actress, but you seriously sound like a Chris Rock wanna-be.) That ending though ... SO TROLLED! >_< And damn if that doesn't make the Ice King even weirder. ^^;;;;;;; (You've gotta love how Finn just isn't sure at all what to say.) If Susan Strong was the first character I actually gave enough of a shit about to really want to see return, the genderbent Adventure Time universe was the second. It's just too bad that they're works of fiction in-universe since I would've totally loved for Finn and Fionna to have met. I suppose Pendleton feared that the implications for that ship would be way too much so he just avoided it altogether by having the girl who came up with this idea canonically establish that it was fictional. (If not, then he totally blew an awesome chance! >_<)

Episode 10 - "What Was Missing":
So, get this. My irl friend, the one who really likes Marceline? HATES tsunderes. Hates 'em with the burning passion of a thousand suns. Is always telling me how he hates that they can't just be honest with their feelings (and implies that real people are!) and how they pretend to not like the guy but they secretly do. And yeeeeeeeeeet ... his favorite Adventure Time character is Marceline. Yeah, I don't get it either. And you can bet I plan to ask him about it.

So yeah, this episode, in addition to being one giant "Marceline is such a goth tsundere," was another token "We have a few teenagers whose voices don't sound too bad so HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL EVERYONE! " musical number. -.-; I know a lot of bronies love this shit in MLP:FiM circles but, if the choice of wording just now didn't clue you in , allow me to say that while I appreciate a good number, most of these songs aren't that. Meaning they're not good songs. Their melodies are too simple, their lyrics are insipid, they just ... well, they definitely feel like they belong in a kids show, I can say that! But thank fucking God they didn't litter A:tLA or the Legend of Korra. That shit would've seriously pissed me off.

The highlight of this episode? When Jake translates what the door creature was trying to say and he's all "Uh huh! Uh huh! " ... and then the scene transitions to him being badly beaten up and tied up. That was funny. I don't like violence or violent humor usually but I have to admit it was funny how they did that.

Last edited by Talon87; 11-20-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #83
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Well to me it feels like the show recognizes that the VAs (besides maybe Marceline) aren't the most talented singers in the world but that just kind of adds to the charm of it. They're realistically talented at singing. I think it's really cute. And the breaking out into musical numbers doesn't really feel forced to me. Of course it wouldn't fit in ATLA or BTAS or even shows like Foster's but Adventure Time is a lot more whimsical? The occasional songs feel like they fit right in to me. The MLP:FIM songs feel more forced to me than the Adventure Time songs.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #84
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'm gonna post it here because I know a lot more people watch AT than Bravest Warriors and probably won't look in the BW thread, but in the lastest episode of Bravest Warriors, one of the characters had a premonition and this flashed for just a few milliseconds during it.

Kusari isn't alone, I'm freaking out like a fan girl over here.

I doubt due to legal reasons AT could cross over into BW, but I wouldn't be surprised if BW crosses over into AT, maybe for the rumored upcoming movie even.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #85
deoxys
Fog Badge

BAM!

Adventure Time exchange! SCHMOWZOW!

SO EXCITED.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #86
deoxys
Fog Badge

Cartoon Network, in their incompetence, put out next week's preview early and thus majorly spoiling tonight's episode, so be warned. Guess I'll go ahead and share my thoughts on it below.

I can't believe they're actually fucking doing it. I'm holding out hope that this is going to create a story arc for Finn to realize he's making a huge mistake, given they're trying to show he's like a lot of teenagers in that sense, but I don't know. Maybe they will inevitably come back together, I hope so, but the fact that it's happening at all bums me the hell out so much because I adore Flame Princess and I feel like her relationship with Finn was adorable

I guess we'll have to wait for tonight's episode to see how it actually goes down before further speculation, but the fact that they're breaking up at all just seriously upsets me.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:33 AM   #87
AK2
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to AK2 Send a message via Skype™ to AK2
Well, I hate to say it but I was first introduced to Adventure Time as late as January 2014. I have since however watched every episode, the pilot, and all of the shorts.

I dug up this thread because I wanted to talk about the newest episode: Egress

F*cking awesome! Adventure Time at it's best! I want rehash the plot, as I'd like anyone reading this to watch this episode. It did not advance the meta-plot, but is probably my favorite all time episode.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventu...ng-dung-232957 Pretty good article in case your in a hurry.

1. I loved the Groundhog Day nightmare-stye plot-line. I was actually mortified during the last 20 seconds that Finn would once again wake up back in the cave... a never-ending loop that the writers could play with occasionally and maybe even use as an end of series plot device.

2. I never played Final Fantasy X, but I hear that the ending revealed that everything was a dream.

Solipsism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism) is a scary-as-all-hell view of the universe, and this episode seemed heavily based on it.

3. Well, I definitely got the Indiana Jones feel with the cave, the traps, and of course the rocks in the middle.

4. Jake was hilarious in this episode, props to Beemo too. Poor Finn! Eye-opening moments well defined!

Let me know what you all thought!
AK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #88
RichardS
Pokemon Trainer

Amazing cartoon!
RichardS is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment