UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 09-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #51
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Long story short, you could hatch ghost eggs for your entire short-lived FB career and never see anything besides a Shuppet or a Duskull. ^^;[/i]
8<

Definitely going for that Rare Ghost Egg Pass when I have space. >.>;
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #52
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Like I said before, I like those odds. I'd be annoyed if I kept trying to hatch a Duskull and all I got were Drifloon and Sableye.

... What? Why the murderous glares?!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #53
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
That's one reason I'm not too concerned about looking for a Shuppet right now. The other is that I'll likely be hatching Dark eggs while you guys hatch a Male Shuppet later on I can grab once I have tons of space.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #54
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
That's one reason I'm not too concerned about looking for a Shuppet right now. The other is that I'll likely be hatching Dark eggs while you guys hatch a Male Shuppet later on I can grab once I have tons of space.
See, you hungrily say this now, but the whole point of my statistics post was to show people that it's not very smart to hatch Ghost Mystery Eggs if their intention is quick and easy money. ^^; If people realize this, then they may quit getting Ghost Mystery Eggs and swap to any number of other things ... in which case your whole "mu fu fu fu :3 I'll just have them hatch Ghost eggs FOR me while I hatch Dark eggs for myself! >D Playing the system, OH YEAH~ ;D" plan is ruined. ^^;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #55
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
See, you hungrily say this now, but the whole point of my statistics post was to show people that it's not very smart to hatch Ghost Mystery Eggs if their intention is quick and easy money. ^^; If people realize this, then they may quit getting Ghost Mystery Eggs and swap to any number of other things ... in which case your whole "mu fu fu fu :3 I'll just have them hatch Ghost eggs FOR me while I hatch Dark eggs for myself! >D Playing the system, OH YEAH~ ;D" plan is ruined. ^^;
The thing is, even Shuppet and Duskull have interested parties. MZ wants a male Duskull and GS wants a male Shuppet. JJ has been able to trade both of his Shuppets away for decent candy payout (maybe not the best, but still better than an AC drop). Is it the key to FB riches? Most likely not, but I think when compared to other eggs and their "common" possibilities, it's best in terms of potential profit, though I would have to have a list of all commons from all eggs to prove that... and know the probability of being traded vs. thrown in the AC for each Pokemon!

I considered hatching a poison egg, just to see if I get a payout, but if I don't managed to hatch one of a very few Pokemon that people are interested in, I'm SOL since I already have the poison type I want and I'm seriously not interested in any of the others, which would probably lead to another Gulpin situation where I end up trading the Pokemon for a single berry, or dropping it off in the AC.

When I hatch eggs, I hatch them for me. There are some grass types I want, so I grabbed a grass egg. I get ghost eggs because I want ghost Pokemon. Plain and simple. The whole "for profit" hatching idea is not one I would necessarily engage in.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #56
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
The thing is, even Shuppet and Duskull have interested parties. MZ wants a male Duskull and GS wants a male Shuppet. JJ has been able to trade both of his Shuppets away for decent candy payout (maybe not the best, but still better than an AC drop). Is it the key to FB riches? Most likely not, but I think when compared to other eggs and their "common" possibilities, it's best in terms of potential profit, though I would have to have a list of all commons from all eggs to prove that... and know the probability of being traded vs. thrown in the AC for each Pokemon!

I considered hatching a poison egg, just to see if I get a payout, but if I don't managed to hatch one of a very few Pokemon that people are interested in, I'm SOL since I already have the poison type I want and I'm seriously not interested in any of the others, which would probably lead to another Gulpin situation where I end up trading the Pokemon for a single berry, or dropping it off in the AC.

When I hatch eggs, I hatch them for me. There are some grass types I want, so I grabbed a grass egg. I get ghost eggs because I want ghost Pokemon. Plain and simple. The whole "for profit" hatching idea is not one I would necessarily engage in.
The problem with this argument though is that we're soon to hit Shuppet saturation. Pretty much every member who wants a Shuppet has a Shuppet. Not 100%, but we're almost there. The only reason you saw a Shuppet vacuum (huge demand, limited supply) is because of the Winter 2012 Newbie Rush. And the occasional odd bird like Missingno.Master who decided out of nowhere "OH MY GOD I WANT A SHUPPET! " If we assume there were (for sake of argument) ten such people in February 2012, I'd say seven or eight of them have since gotten their Shuppets. Pretty soon the final one, two, or three will too and then *SCHWOOP* there vanishes that market. Totally vanishes.

So yeah. It's a good answer for the next month, I guess, but give it three or four more Ghost Egg hatches and I think the argument won't apply anymore. And at that point the people who are hatching in the hopes of getting (and trading for profit) Litwicks and Frillishes and Gastlies and the like will be quite disappointed when they hatch one Shuppet or Duskull after another. ^^;
Old 09-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #57
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
I think I have a good idea on what you're wanting to hatch now- it's the other normal babies isn't it? Judging by some of your posts in the TO, particularly about trying to hatch a baby and grumbling about how rare it is, I believe this to be the case...
One normal baby. That's the dream (though any of the other 4 and I'll settle ;p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
Only worried about Dewgong's inability to battle on dry land...
There are plenty of times when water Pokemon come in handy and I'm glad Fossils aren't in short supply (although I'd like to see a Fossil combination that's unique please GameFreak) and they're all the coolest ones. Only reason I haven't got a Kabuto is because Omanyte is my favourite water fossil and Carracosta is newgen so I haven't fallen in love with it yet.

Waters helped me escape from a Team Rocket ship and when you're in a bind they really give you help when you're out on water. When your backs against the wall waters allow you to go '**** this, I'm outta' here' and hop ship.

I'd also point out your ability to use Seel in Port Pearl's tournament :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
When I hatch eggs, I hatch them for me.
This. I whim so hard I never have time to hatch for someone else and although I've never kept an egg I've hatched when I do come across one I'm going to I've got so many more that I'm hatching for myself forever.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #58
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

That's when I use the grace and charms of my lovely Banette Minerva in order to make more people whim for Shuppet!

Minerva: I sin-cere-ly want to kill you all right now...

See? Adorable. :3

I do see your point though, Talon. With so many people hatching ghost eggs, there has to be a point where everyone who wants Shuppet or Duskull will have one. That said, I know there are lots of people who really want Golett, or Drifloon, or a female Snorunt, and with these desires I don't think the population of Ghost Eggs will lessen any time soon, even if people stop hatching for-profit.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #59
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

If I may add on to this, Minerva is actually a large part of the reason I wound up wanting a Shuppet in the first place. Marion made it look so interesting RPing with that line. Plus, I had always kinda liked Banette to begin with. Well, anyway, even if it seemed like a random whim out of nowhere at first, I wouldn't trade Myrtle for anything.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #60
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Perhaps. But it just means we're going to have alllllllllllllllllllllll those orphans in the Adoption Center. ;D Poor unloved, unwanted Shuppets and Duskulls.

ME: ;.;
Arc Angel:
Tess:
MM: I'LL ADOPT THEM ALL! GOOD-BYE, MY ENTIRE TEAM!
Talon:

Another italicized conversation brought to you by the letter I.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
MM: I'LL ADOPT THEM ALL! GOOD-BYE, MY ENTIRE TEAM!
Nope. Shuppet and Duskull are awesome, but one of each is plenty for me.*

Of course, I'm still interested in getting other Ghost-types, particularly Gastly (as I'm sure you're all aware by now) and Spiritomb (I've always liked it, and I've already worked out a nickname and personality for one should I ever have the good fortune and sufficient PC space to get one).

*Missingno. Master reserves the right to retract this statement at any time should the need arise. And by "need", I mean "slightest whim". This statement does not apply to Shiny versions of Shuppet or Duskull, because, c'mon, they'd be freakin' Shinies, who wouldn't take them?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #62
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

>Who wouldn't take them.

Me.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
>Who wouldn't take them.

Me.
Right. Not everybody's into Shiny Pokemon like that. I myself am something of a Shiny hunter when it comes to the Pokemon games, so if I ever come across a Shiny in FB, I'm taking it, regardless of species. I don't care if it's something my character would normally never go for, like a Luvdisc, or a Cleffa, or whatever. My motto; A Shiny is a Shiny.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #64
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

As in... a Shiny Female Nidoran is a Shiny Female Nidoran? XD

Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #65
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
As in... a Shiny Female Nidoran is a Shiny Female Nidoran? XD
*twitch twitch twitch*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #66
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

A Shiny is always something special to hatch; on the other hand, the species is still more important to me, hence why I traded away my Shiny Magnemite on the spot.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #67
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
A Shiny is always something special to hatch; on the other hand, the species is still more important to me, hence why I traded away my Shiny Magnemite on the spot.
Likewise, Shiny Bellsprout unapologetically got the boot. Looks like I traded her to PikaGod.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #68
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
I honestly don't get that. Voltron is so cool!
Quote:
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #69
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Now that we have another Female Frillish in Fizzy Bubbles... my Shiny Senses are tingling... Oh goodness, that just sounds wrong. >_<

Old 09-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #70
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
I honestly don't get that. Voltron is so cool!
Trust me, if Magnemite looked anything like this, I would have kept it. :P
Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #71
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Trust me, if Magnemite looked anything like this, I would have kept it. :P
I wonder if you could convince the staff that if you manage to get five different Magnemites to Level 50, and if you have each of them recolored into one of the five Voltron colors, that you could be eligible to have a "Magnetron" evolution where they five coalesce and make a Magnemite-Voltron mecha hybrid.

Doubtful.

But you could try it.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #72
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Shiny Corsola is best Shiny. That is all.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #73
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
my Shiny Senses are tingling... Oh goodness, that just sounds wrong. >_<

I've been thinking we're due for another shiny soon. (not to imply that there's any kind of pattern for hatching them)
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #74
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Shiny Corsola is best Shiny. That is all.

These guys disagree ;p
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #75
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post

These guys disagree ;p
Spoiler: show

Shiny Corsola with glasses wins. You cannot argue with that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out