UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 09-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #376
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I've heard tell of a flareon who enjoyed swimming, and that's decidedly weirder," Chroma mentioned. "I'm not too sure about the legitimacy of the claim, however."

Fatale's words were... suitably disturbing, to say the least. Elenchos hadn't found himself in a position where he had to kill for food, so he certainly couldn't relate to them, but... he wasn't quite as perturbed by the description as he thought he'd be. Maybe it was his Dark type psychology...? He decided to gloss over that detail for now. 'Of course there isn't! There'd be little point in trained pokemon to hunt if things did come fresher than that!' He brought his voice down to whisper, despite the fact that the humans weren't listening in on the conversation at all. 'Not that it's stopped their kind from trying, of course...'

'Oooh...' Edrick seemed to be a little more at ease, but still he refused to let go of Ami's hand. 'I... don't know what to think of that...'

Bell thought for a moment before whispering to Anion. 'I get the feeling that this is his first day outside a shell. He's probably overwhelmed at the moment...'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #377
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"A swimming Flareon?" Keith remarked. "That IS pretty weird. I mean, though, if it's been swimming since it was an Eevee, that might be a bit less weird. And my Nidoking and Nidoqueen can swim- they're pretty OK with it, too, despite being Ground-types."

Fatale nodded. "Perhaps if I had had a Trainer in the past, I might have a different stance on all this," she remarked. "But I grew up and evolved on nothing but the blood of my fallen enemies."

"Nobody's tougher than my mom," Artemis added proudly.

"Hmm, yeah, good point," nodded Anion. She looked back at the Grubbin. "Well, if you want, you can come down here and say hi to us. Only if you want to, though," she added. "No rush, OK?"
Old 09-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #378
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"...Aren't the nidomonarchs super bulky and whatnot?" Chroma asked. "Swimming seems like it would be quite the struggle for them if that's the case..."

'Hmm, I'm sure there are pokemon tougher than her,' Elen said, trying to word things at least somewhat carefully. 'But most wouldn't be able to strike as fast and hard as well, I think. Hitting hard is just as important as taking hard hits, I say!'

'...Ah, um...' Edrick slowly let go of Ami's hand and made some sort of waving motion, which the girl decided to interpret as wanting to be put down. He chittered a little in surprise upon seeing how big Bell and Anion really were and backedfurther into his towel. '...Ahm, hi?'

'Hello!' the dewpider responded. 'My name's Bell, and this here is Anion.'

Old 09-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #379
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, don't let that bulk fool you- they can move when they need to, and they do not sink so easily in the water," Keith stated. "They can swim pretty well."

"Absolutely I can hit hard," Fatale replied. "The first time I battled since Keith caught me, I defeated a large and formidable Hydreigon."

"Hiya," smiled Anion. She got down on all fours, something she rarely did, but considering Edrick seemed a bit intimidated by the size difference, she figured this might help somewhat.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #380
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I suppose a tail capable of snapping phone poles could be used to get significant momentum in water..." Chroma mused, clearly still trying to picture it. "Well, it still makes more sense than rhyperior- those things seem like they can hardly move on land, and then you see them skipping over the water's surface and wonder to yourself as whether they were just being lazy the whole time or not!"

'A hydreigon?!' Bell exclaimed, before looking a teensy bit sheepish. 'I don't think I could pull something like that on my own yet. Well, maybe if I did that...'

Bell took a couple awkward steps backward, clearly not willing to test if his chitinous knees could even bend that way in the first place.

'H-hiya, Anion...' the grubbin stuttered out, not quite sure what to make of the situation. 'I-I-I'm Edrick... I think.'

Old 09-18-2017, 12:08 AM   #381
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Never saw a Rhyperior swimming myself," said Keith. "I know it's possible, though. Pok閙on are just full of surprises in general, aren't they? For example, did you know Stunfisk can fly? They flap those side fins like wings."

"If you did what?" inquired Fatale.

"Nice to meet you, Edrick," grinned Anion.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #382
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Lapis stuck a paw in and licked it happily.
Frieghya smirked I think little miss is helping this time.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
笥因 furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #383
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami chuckled and licked the spoon. "Yup, the coconut definitely helped the batter! Though we will still have to wait a bit to see about the finished product."

'It definitely seems like she did a much better job this time!'
Nadie agreed. 'The only one who liked the last batch at all was another swoobat named Amity.'

~ ~ ~

"Well, most aquatic pokemon have developed some way to move about on land thanks to us silly humans," Chroma said. "Though I suppose being about as flat as a pancake would help stunfisk out a fair bit in that regard..."

'Well, I do have an attack that absolutely thrashes my fellow Dark Types, and makes me stronger to boot,' the inkay explained. 'But... hydreigon tend to stick to the skies right? I'd need to find a way to lure it within range to hit 'em with it, and I might actually have such a thing now!'

'U-um, nice to meet you...?' he echoed, clearly unsure if that was the right response or not.

'Likewise!' Bell answered cheerfully. 'That was the right thing to say, Edrick!'

Old 09-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #384
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, believe me, I know," Keith nodded. "My Qwilfish, Tentacruel, and Dragalge can all move on land pretty well, and I recently caught another aquatic Pok閙on we're trying to help learn to function on land."

"You can't simply float up to them?" Artemis asked, noting that the Inkay was currently hovering. "Or is there a limit to how high you can go up?"

"Yeah, see, now you're starting to get it," smiled Anion.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #385
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled and turned around "Oh hey Frieghya, you need something?"
Frighya staitned up and announced to everyone in the room Naddie and I have decided that we want to have kids.
At the news Kawaii squealed in delight and scooped up the espeon "my baby girl is going to be a mother. I'm so proud of you!"

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #386
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami dropped her spoon in surprise. "Wait, really? That's wonderful, you two! Oh, please tell me that plural was intentional!"

Nadie blushed furiously in embarrassment, both at how bold Freighya had made the announcement and just how enthusiastic a response it got. Those feelings quickly gave way to sheer elation, however- all of the Bonds he had made until now had culminated right in this room with far greater effect than he could ever hope for!

Amicae Schmeltzer could only watch in awe as an intense brilliance suddenly enveloped her first pokemon (that she knew of), the silhouette clearly showing where features that were previously shrouded in dense fur broke free of their bindings and came to stand out on their own. A soothing tone rang out as his tail seemed to finish its emergence, and then the light suddenly dispersed- the evolution was complete.

Nadie blinked, not quite sure what to make of his surroundings. He blinked again as he realized that he could make out those surroundings without echolocation. He blinked a third time as a dawning realization came to him, and his smile only grew wider as a result. 'I can see now! I can really see!' the new swoobat exclaimed as he suddenly took off into the air and flew around the room with far greater speeds than he had ever flown before.

*Congratulations! Your Nadie has evolved into swoobat!*

~ ~ ~

"Oh?" Chroma naturally asked in response. "How's that working out for them so far?"

'Yeah, I have a limit,' Elen admitted. 'It is admittedly pretty high, but I'm certain a hydreigon would just fly even higher and bombard me with Special attacks...'

'I-I am...?' Edrick asked, evidently not sure it was he was supposedly getting a hang of.

'You sure are!' Bell reassured him. 'Most of us are a little shaky with the whole social thing at first, but I'm sure you'll have the basics down soon enough!'

Old 09-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #387
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Pretty good," Keith replied. "Of course, Hebenon can use Teleport, that's a huge help for him, but he can use his tail to jump. Aquarius uses her tentacles as makeshift legs, and Neville can kinda pull himself along the ground with his fins. He's trying to teach Zygill the same kind of thing. It'll be interesting to see if he can fight on land when his Ability activates, though... Zygill is my Wishiwashi," he explained. "I don't know if you know how their Ability works?"

"A fair point," nodded Fatale. "You said you have a way to lure them in, though?"

"Yeah, he's right," nodded Anion. "I wasn't always this confident, myself. We all gotta start somewhere."
Old 09-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #388
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma listened intently as Keith explained the specifics behind his aquatic pokemons' adaptations to surface life, intrigued by the variety involved. "I can't say I do, no," she answered. "I don't even know what it is!"

'Well, in not so many words... Hypnosis,' Elen chuckled a little. 'My kind's the greatest at using those powers, after all, so I might as well put that distinction to use! If nothing else, the fall should deal some serious hurt.'

'I s-see...' The grubbin crawled a little bit out of the towel, bringing his pincers uncomfortably close to Anion's face. 'Will I be s-so... confedont later?'

'Uh, maybe?' Bell shook his head, mentally preparing himself to try and and help Anion if Edrick snapped at her. 'Every person's different in that regard.'

Old 09-18-2017, 11:46 PM   #389
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Alright, lemme pull this up real quick," Keith stated, digging out his Pok閐ex. With a few button presses, the white and blue tiny fish appeared on the screen.

"Wishiwashi- Solo Form- the Small Fry Pok閙on. A Water-type. Small and weak on its own, Wishiwashi is nevertheless feared and called "the demon of the sea". When threatened, its eyes shine, allowing it to summon more of its kind to form the dreaded School Form."

"Wishiwashi have an Ability called Schooling," Keith explained. "If a Wishiwashi is strong enough, it can summon other Wishiwashi, no matter where it is, and they form this huge formation with incredible power, and fight like that. It looks like some sort of gigantic fish when it does this. If you'd like, I could bring him here, show him to you in person," he offered. "Don't worry about unwanted battles- he doesn't pick fights he doesn't need to."

"Hypnosis! I see," Fatale remarked, her eyes gleaming greedily. "Oh, the fun I could have with a move like that for my own..."

Anion was not all that comfortable with such sharp pincers so close to her face, but at the same time, she didn't want to give the Grubbin any reason to make use of them on her. "Yeah, it's very possible," she replied. "You'll find out for yourself once you get more experienced with this sort of thing. Hey, if you want, you could try meeting more friends of mine," she offered. "You don't have to if you don't feel ready, of course," she added.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:20 AM   #390
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"...Demon of the sea?" Chroma shook her head, mildly impressed. "With how many dangerous Water Types there are in the world, that's kinda impressive, but... how come I haven't heard of them before if the have an alias like that? Oh, don't worry about doing that- I'd probably wind up laughing at it, and it sounds like that would be a worse idea than laughing at a magikarp!"

'Oh, it can certainly be handy to have!'
Elenchos agreed with a sinister chuckle of his own. 'Don't tell my trainer that I've figured it out, though- I want to surprise her with it, and been biding my time to do so.'

'Eep!' Edrick quickly scurried back into the towel at Anion's suggestion, clearly not amused by it.

'...That's them most shy I've ever seen anyone be...' Bell muttered. 'Hopefully it doesn't last.'

Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #391
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii watched in awe as the evolution took place.
Frieghya lept forward Oh my goodness Nadie, congrats! How do you feel?

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #392
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

'I, uh, feel really, really happy' he answered cheerfully. 'My sight might be a little blurry compared to when I saw through your eyes, but it's still a lot better than not having it a-'

His declaration was cut short as Ami suddenly pulled him into a hug. "I knew you could do it! Great job, Nadie!"

Old 09-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #393
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled "was Nadie your first pokemon?"
Frieghya swighed her ail and walked closer to make sure nadie could see her.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #394
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Eheheh, yeah, definitely don't laugh at him," Keith agreed. "Grandma Masters always said when I was younger, 'He who laughs at the Magikarp gets eaten by the Gyarados'."

"Oh, I won't," replied Fatale.

"...Aaaand I screwed it up," sighed Anion as her suggestion got the Grubbin to retreat. "Hey, Edrick, I said you don't have to if you don't want to," she said to the towel. "I'm not gonna be offended or anything if you don't want to meet them yet. Sorry if I scared you with the idea just now."
Old 09-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #395
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami let go of Nadie, who fluttered back down to Freighya. "Yep, he was! He's grown up quite a lot since then- and I don't mean physically!"

'Oh, don't worry, Dear- even if my new sight is a little bad, you still look as beautiful as I remember!'
Nadie declared.

~ ~ ~

"Well, unless they happen to have a strong Electric Type on hand," Chroma said with a shrug. "Which I don't. Yeah, I'd better not risk it."

'Oh, thank you very much!'
Elen exclaimed. 'I still need a little time to think about how I'll let the meowth out the bag- and no, I don't think she'd be very appreciative of it if I clawed her face off or something while she's in a hypnotic trance!'

'I-I don't wanna...' the grubbin admitted. 'Th-there's too many... faces already...'

'Don't beat yourself up over it,' Bell whispered to her reassuringly. 'We had no idea he'd react that way...'

Old 09-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #396
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled "I remember when frieghya evolved, it was one of the best days."
Frieghya blushed You're even more handsome now
Two balls fell off Kawaii's belt and rolled into another room without anyone noticing.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #397
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded in agreement. "He's really a nice Pok閙on, honestly," he stated. "A lot of his teammates made friends with him, and not just the aquatic ones, either."

Fatale gave a sadistic chuckle at Elenchos's metaphor, and her daughter joined in on this. Artemis seemed to be warming up to Elenchos by this point. "Eon, your friend's nice," the Shiny Cascoon remarked.

"I know, isn't he?" agreed the Shiny Eevee.

Anion nodded appreciatively at Bell's words. "Hey, Edrick, if you don't want to, then you don't have to," she said. "It's that simple. OK?"
Old 09-19-2017, 08:59 PM   #398
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I mean, wow, so many unexpectedly great things in one day? And with celebratory cookies, to boot?" Ami gave a happy laugh. "It doesn't get much better than this!"

Nadie blushed under Freighya's compliments, the red in his cheeks being far more noticeable now that there wasn't quite so much fur in the way. 'I, um...? Thank you...!'

~ ~ ~

"Well, I'm sure he'd like to meet some of the pokemon then," Chroma said carefully. "I've already proven myself to be a liiiittle insensitive at times, and that is not something I want to risk offending!"

'Why, thank you both!' Elen said with a bow. 'Of course, one can't exactly get along very far in the trainee's life by being mean to anyone and everyone! Though you can't survive in general by being incredibly nice all the time, either...'

'A-ahm, okay...' He clacked his jaws (but not his pincers) together rapidly, making a weird clicking sound. 'I... gotta get used to all these faces...'

Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #399
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"So, you think I should bring him here?" Keith asked. "If, Arceus forbid, he gets offended enough to activate Schooling, I can always just withdraw him."

"Yeah, I'm nice to who I like," said Artemis. "Though Mom says there's no need being nice to someone you're about to kill."

"I mean, you could be nice to them before killing them," Fatale said fairly. "I just think their screams of fear add to the flavor of the blood somehow. Someday you'll know exactly what I mean," she said to Artemis, looking quite proud of her daughter, still very much proud that she evolved.

"Hey, take all the time you need to get used to them," said Anion. "For now, is there anything you'd like to do?" she asked the Grubbin.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:29 PM   #400
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma shrugged. "Go ahead. It should be more interesting for him than whatever goes on inside pokeballs, anyway."

'"Why would you be nice to someone you're going to kill?' Elen asked, somewhat rhetorically. 'You're already taking their life, and most would consider that to be about as rude as it gets!'

'Uh...' Edrick looked really confused by the question. 'I don't know?'

'You're that young?' Bell asked, not really all that surprised. 'Well, guess it's up to us to figure something out, then!'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases