• MM, Seviper: 500 HP
  • Emp, Breloom: 500 HP
  • KG, Pinsir: 300 HP
  • Yuki, Drifloon: 300 HP
  • Gary, Stantler: 500 HP
  • Connor, Sudowoodo: 300 HP
  • myahoo, Sableye: 400 HP
  • Med, Lairon: 400 HP

Twas a a snowy, starlit bight by the time the trainers arrived at the island. There was a bright red glow coming from the center of the island, and as they approached they could hear the jingling of the bells. It was eerily besides that, and nothing moved besides the red light. THere sat the Dynamaxed Stantler, waiting for something. It seemed to be waiting for a signal, as if to take off from the island and deliver holiday joy and cheer. Though its big size might prove an issue. Take it down to size so it can properly participate!
Dynamax Initiative:
Yuki, Drifloon
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, December 7th to place your order.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 12-04-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #2
Emp
Volcano Badge

Focus Blastu (120 BP) boosted by Black Belt

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:52 PM   #3
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Close Combat (120 BP)
Old 12-04-2020, 10:55 PM   #4
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Let's get this party started with a Reflect (0 BP).

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
myahoo
Soul Badge

Brick Break (75 BP)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #6
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

All right Blue, I know you wanted to see the gingerbread houses, but we've got to deal with this rampaging Rudolph first. Let's show it your ACROBATICS (110 BP with no held item)!
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #7
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

I've got no viable fancy tricks to pull here, nor do I possess any sort of support skills to open with, so... big damage time it is! Head Smash (150 BP; recoil negated by Rock Head) it is!
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:18 AM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It wasn't a very long walk at all, and their target finally came into sight. And what a sight it was, too- a Stantler of stupendous proportions, towering over all present, whose bright red nose was quite literally aglow.

"Huh. Always thought Rudolph was Shiny," Marvolo frowned. "Never actually met him. What- and what are all these others doing here?" he demanded, noticing the other gathered Trainers.

"Marv, this is a Power Spot governed by a Gym Leader," Keith responded, electing to speak in Shuppet language. "The alert went out like any other raid. We heard the alert at the same time Pluself and Minelf were filling you in."

"Feh. I figured it'd be just me, but I suppose this isn't about the spotlight in any case," conceded Marvolo. "As long as none of them slow me down."

Maribel looked up at Keith. "Dad, can you teach me Shuppet language someday?" she asked.

Keith smiled at his daughter. "I'd be glad to, sweetie," he responded. "I'm sure Myrtle and your Aunt Helena would be happy to help with that as well. But for right now, we've got a battle to focus on."

"Absolutely right," nodded Willa. "Are you going to need this, dear?" she added, holding up the Dynamax Band.

Keith, however, shook his head, holding up his left wrist, which currently bore his Z-Ring, complete with his Poisonium Z set into it. "I'm good," he replied. "You take that in case Marv faints. Not that that'd happen," he added with an amused grin in response to Marvolo's indignant hiss. Maribel, meanwhile, took out her Rotom Phone and held it up to the opponent.

"Stantler, the Big Horn Pokémon. A Normal-type," said the Rotom Phone. "Staring at Stantler's antlers for too long will give the feeling of being sucked into them, and leave onlookers unable to stand."

"...wow, Rotom," murmured Maribel. "A normal entry for once? No insults or sarcasm?"

"Consider it your Christmas present. Don't get used to it," replied Rotom. Maribel smiled in response, returning her Rotom Phone to her bag, much less roughly than she usually would.

"All right! Let's get this party started!" grinned Keith, adjusting the brim of his Mega Hat. "It's time to put that new move I taught you to the test, Marv! Use Focus Blast!"

"Ssssseviper!!" hissed Marvolo as he charged up a brilliant blue sphere of raw fighting energy in his gaping maw, then let it fly right towards Rudolph.

OOC: Marvolo used Focus Blast (120 BP; RP to be edited in after a good night's sleep).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-07-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:46 AM   #9
Connor
Flashbacker

Hammer Arm (100 BP)
Old 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Dynamax Boss Rudolph the Red-Nosed Stantler
★★★★

Health Gauge: 79%
Shields Up: 0

Attack 1: Round (60 BP)
MM, Seviper: 410 HP

Attack 2: Round (60 BP)
Connor, Sudowoodo: 1233 HP

Attack 3: Round (60 BP)
Emp, Breloom: 410 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • MM, Seviper: 410 HP
  • Emp, Breloom: 410 HP
  • KG, Pinsir: 300 HP (-1 Def, -1 Sp. Def)
  • Connor, Sudowoodo: 233 HP (-1 Spd)

It seems none of the raiders have any holiday cheer, as they all order their Pokemon to immediately bash Rudolph's face in with powerful fighting moves. But, those attacks, and the reflective screen to protect the party, doesn't phase it. Instead, it starts to sign-a-round, and around, and around. The move gets more and more powerful as the song hits different targets. And, as it's singing, the raiders start to hear something in their heads.

♪You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen
Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen
But do you recall
The most famous reindeer of all?

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows...♪

It sounded sad and somber, compared to the usual cheer of the song. The trainers were perplexed but continued to push on, not fully aware of Rudolph's Lament to come.
Dynamax Initiative:
Med, Lairon
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Wednesday, December 9th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 12-07-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:49 PM   #11
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Close Combat (120 BP)
Old 12-07-2020, 02:03 PM   #12
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Jump Kick (100 BP)

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-07-2020, 11:58 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

And the attack hit its mark! Marvolo gave a satisfied hiss as his Focus Blast defied its most common, cruel, and yet admittedly accurately descriptive nickname of "Focus Miss". As did the various attacks of the other Pokémon taking part in this raid, of course, everyone working together to wear down the red-nosed Stantler. And Rudolph responded... by singing?

"Wha...?" Maribel murmured, as her parents exchanged looks of surprise. She took her Rotom Phone back out. "OK, Rotom, what's that move?" she asked.

"Round," responded Rotom. "A Normal-type move where the user sings to attack. If any of its allies are about to use Round at the same time, the move will be increased in power for them, and they will attack right after the first Round is used."

"But it's only really at its best when used by Pokémon who are battling alongside allies," Keith murmured. "Why would it...?"

"And multiple times, no less," Willa noted, for Rudolph appeared to be spending all of its time repeating the same attack again and again. Then, she turned to Keith, for her husband had started to absentmindedly hum "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Stantler". "...a little on the nose for this situation, wouldn't you say?" she smirked.

Keith chuckled. "Pun intended?" he smirked back.

"Naturally," nodded Willa. "So you have that song stuck in your head as well?"

"I do, too," Maribel spoke up. "It happened when that Stantler kept using Round."

"Yeah, and it ain't just youse guys, either," Meowth spoke up. "But it sounds all sad and somber..."

Marvolo was silent, looking up at the one and only member of Santa Claus's crew of Stantler with whom he hadn't already been acquainted. "Well, you all know the story, I assume," he hissed. "Teased and laughed at for his red nose, until Santa realized this was his way to make his journey safely when the weather isn't so cooperative."

"It seems like it's upset at us attacking," Keith stated.

"Well, of course he is, but what other options are there?" Marvolo demanded. "That Dynamaxing won't wear off until Rudolph's lost every last hit point he's got, and how the hell do you propose Rudolph guide the sleigh this year in that condition? Ain't a set of reins big enough, and that's the least of the concerns."

Maribel tilted her head. "Marvolo seems to feel pretty strongly about something here," she commented. "And come to think of it, a Stantler with a red nose... but there's no way that's actually Rudolph, is there?" she murmured with a slight chuckle. She trailed off, seemingly deep in thought, looking back and forth between Rudolph and Marvolo.

Keith smiled, seeing his daughter doing this, hoping she really was piecing things together right now, before turning back to the battle at hand. "Keep at it, Marv!" he called encouragingly. "Use Present attack!"

"Ssssevipah!" Marvolo hissed, as red and green energy swirled around his tail blade. He raised the end of his tail into the air, and a shimmering, glowing gift box materialized before it. Then, with the flat side of his tail blade, he whacked the gift box Rudolph's way. Maribel's eyebrows raised visibly at this- until this point, she had never actually seen her father's Seviper use Present before.

OOC: Marvolo used Present (40 BP, 80 BP, 120 BP, or heals the target).
Old 12-08-2020, 12:32 AM   #14
myahoo
Soul Badge

Dark Pulse (80 BP)
Old 12-08-2020, 12:52 AM   #15
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Well, compared to that other Raid, at least this carol is appropriate, if a bit sad... Let's tone it down a little with a SILVER WIND (60 BP), shall we?
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:39 AM   #16
Connor
Flashbacker

Hammer Arm (100 BP)
Old 12-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #17
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

You know that saying "go big or go home"? I don't really see why I can't just do both. Lairon, Dynamax and delve beneath the earth's surface with Max Quake (based off Mud-Slap; 90 BP)!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:08 AM   #18
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-10-2020, 08:09 PM   #19
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Dynamax Boss Rudolph the Red-Nosed Stantler
★★★★

Health Gauge: 74%
Shields Up: 1

Attack 1: Hypnosis (0 BP)
Connor, Sudowoodo: Sudowoodo has fallen asleep!

Attack 2: Max Strike (130 BP)
MM, Seviper: 215 HP

Attack 3: Round (60 BP)
Emp, Breloom: 320 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • MM, Seviper: 215 HP
  • Emp, Breloom: 320 HP
  • KG, Pinsir: 300 HP (-2 Def, -2 Sp. Def)
  • Connor, Sudowoodo: 165 HP (-2 Spd, Asleep [2 Turns Remaining])

More fighting type moves. More shields. More singing
♪All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Rudolph
Join in any reindeer games...♪

Beware, for soon this reindeer will bare its antlers.
Dynamax Initiative:
Med, Lairon
  • You have until Sunday, December 11th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 12-10-2020, 09:57 PM   #20
myahoo
Soul Badge

Another Dark Pulse (80 BP)
Old 12-10-2020, 10:53 PM   #21
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Body Slam (85 BP)

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-11-2020, 12:19 AM   #22
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

We have more than enough non-Rocks here to make a Sandstorm more of a liability than an asset, so let's not quite go full power this time. Instead, we're gonna use Max Steelspike (based off of Iron Head; 130 BP) to up everyone's Defense slightly vefore the pain comes out!
Old 12-11-2020, 03:34 AM   #23
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #24