UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 11-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

[Anime] A Mad Run! The Battle Subway!

Got a chance to watch these episodes today. For Pokémon, this was pretty good. Sure, Pokémon ever remains a children's television program where the heroes always win no matter what and the bad guys' über plans always have these ridiculously obvious flaws to them, but the execution for this two-parter felt much better than similar things I've seen in the last two years, things like the Lugia arc and the Red Gyarados arc in Johto. I'd say it felt on par with the Red Chain arc in Sinnoh, which is kind of impressive considering that that was the plot arc finale for Cyrus and Team Galactic whereas this is still only the beginning for Team Rocket's Unova branch.

Also, there was a good image of Dent in this episode that, lol, immediately made me think of the inside-joke everyone's always cracking about Mozz:

Jokes aside, it was a fun set of episodes. Those of you who haven't seen it yet but are planning to, look forward to it. It's nothing amazing amazing like a League tournament or something, but it's still pretty good.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
AK2
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to AK2 Send a message via Skype™ to AK2
Litwick Mew

I acutally should make a bigger post about my thoughts in regard to this series in general, but for now: a short, not complete post on these episodes:

Im gonna start off with the Don Battle Tournament episodes, which I know you watched Talon-Kun :P

I totally agree with your analysis on Bel was borderline harassing Luke in regards to Zorua. With that said, it's probably the damn cutest thing in this generation, deifnitely top 10 Pokemon total, haha. I dont think we are going to get anything as big as this tournament untill the Isshu League unfortunately though, especially in regards to the writers brining all the rivals in into a coherent list of relevant characters.

Iris won. Fail. Yes, Ash winning would have been predictable, but the "reset" button in regards to his Pokemon and his strategies is painful.

I for one dont believe that it is right that the writers felt that it was jusitifiable to use such a MAJOR tournament and not utitlize it for ONE friggen evolution!

Win for ash using Palpitoad, with it's epic use of Hydro Pump.

Im glad that Dent beet Shooti- little punk. The gags with Zorua imitating the dragon buster were hilarious, and im glad that Dent's self proclaimed rival has chileld out- a little. Val is still baffled that there is a chracter named Kenyan lol.,

The Meowth fillers were... meh? It would have been AWESOME if Meowth had been accidently caught. I particualrly liked how he was a punching bag throughout these episodes, as the rocket trio has lost all comedy effects during this series.

I REALLY hope that the Rocket/Plasma episodes are aired un the next few months. I also hope the Kami trio episode is atleast two parts and pretty eic too. We NEED more stuff like that. This 2 part episode with 4 episodes leading up to it was honestly not THAT ground shaking. I mean, the Trio (and Butch and Cassidy) have all worked with a scientist before, and schemed how to get away with stealing a Pokemon center's accumulation of Pokemon. There was nothing original too this except for a drawn out infiltration into the good guy camp and a pretty near high-speed escape attempt. I am impressed at the IQ point "sky-rocket" on the Rocket Trio's part- learning how to hack and navigate a subway system 0_o We need to see Giovanii again...

Elise is one of the most beautiful girls to ever grace this show. Period. That's cool because we have had a lot of fugly with the Junsa's and Joy-san's, along with many filler girls. The battle was the weakest of the gym battles so far, but still entertaining and much better than most Kanto gym battles. I loved Pikachu's personality in these episodes. I also like the continuing development of Bel, as she is a much more enjoyable rival to Shooti.

Speaking of which, after the battle sub-way filler (HOW did Ash and Dent lose that battle after starting off so well?) we get the Adeku episode! Funniest elite trainer ever, not quite anywhere near Cynthia in being mystic, but a great guy- someone you would want to have a drunken bar hopping night with and hope to pick up some nice gals. I love how that brat, Shooti was disenchanted.

The fillers since then have been ok, the Sawbuck episode being better than the Maractus.
AK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Will post more threads later. For now, suffice to say: I loooooooooooooooved the Maracacchi. I must have taken at least 300 screencaps.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON